7.6

1. Dec 23, 2013
    One of the best comedies of the year. The World's End is an engaging film. Like its predecessors, it's stocked full of laughs and quick-witted dialogue, and the cast is simply brilliant.
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    A film with such high ratings from critics and users, but so utterly poor beyond the first 20 minutes, that I had to sign up to Metacritic to ensure that sane people's views were represented more fully. Pegg and Frost have truly lost their way. How deeply disillusioning to see the wonderful Paddy Considine and Martin Freeman in a film so lacking in wit, skill, grace and genuine thoughfulness. Nice idea: zombie slave metaphor for middle age conformity. And the odd good line early on. But the people making it have so lost touch with ordinary life that they no longer know how to turn life into art, or more to the point, comedy. No one, but no one, will remember this film with affection in ten years' time. Expand
  3. Dec 28, 2013
    The last entry in the Edgar Wright's trilogy is equal parts riotous and moving. The film is a masterwork in pacing, and Simon Pegg gives what has to be his best performance ever.
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    A really fun movie with some really nice jokes and good action sequences, combined with witty back-and-forth banter between the main characters make The World's End a great ending to Three Flavours Cornetto (or whatever you want to call it) trilogy.
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    I think some of the 0 score reviews are very harsh and they probably don't have any humour and took the film to seriously.

Its fun and stupid and it made me laugh loads. Being from the UK I found it hilarious how they made a whole crazy story from a pub crawl so thought it was great. So maybe its a UK film where Americans won't get why its funny but me and all my friends love it and I
    hope they release more silly films. Expand
  6. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The world's end is a TERRIBLE movie. It has a poor character development a stupid story and it doesn't even make sense at all by the half of the movie. Honestly, I didn't expect it to turn from a comedy movie into an awful action movie. The beginning of the movie was really fun and enjoyable, but *spolier alert* when they start fighting those robots, I gave up on this movie. And the end of the movie is awful too, It doesn't even make sense. I'm giving it a 4/10 because it made me laugh, but it's not really that good. Expand
  7. Jan 9, 2014
    Esta era una de las películas más esperadas del año para los que disfrutan de la buena comedia, y así es, The World's End es una lluvia imparable de carcajadas de principio a fin, el director Edgar Wright ha completado una de las trilogías más esperadas de la década pasada (incluyendo a Shaun of the Dead y Hot Fuzz). La verdad una comedia que debe ser vista para todos los que disfruten reírse a carcajadas con este dúo de actores (Simon Pegg & Nick Frost).
    Como último comentario: Muy recomendable y si no la ven están perdiendo una buena oportunidad para reírse con sus amigos un buen rato.
  8. Jan 9, 2014
    I was anticipating this movie, so I paid $8.95 to watch it on Costa Cruise lines. Certainly a downgrade from what Pegg and Wright normally create; well-crafted satires of overused and degrading American film genres. It's still quirky, energetic, and it leaves with a sense of "what the f**k?" Still one of the better apocalypse movies of recent times, 'This is The End' included. The only reason I give it a 7 is that I'm slightly disappointed with Wright and Pegg. Usually they make it far less ludicrous and more insulting to the genres, which I think is their greatest element of the Three Flavour's Cornetto. Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2014
    What an obnoxious combination of aliens invented velcro and 'white man's burden'. I'm just so conditioned by the "liberal left" globalist media machine I react negatively to an Angle-Saxon pro-imperialist movie. But you know what they say: you can take the British out of Imperialism, but you can't take Imperialism out of the Brit.
  10. Aug 4, 2014
    Sadly, probably Edgar Wright's weakest film. It felt too self-referential and feels more of a metaphor of Wright and Pegg trying to live through their lost youth. Unfortunately this has now been done to death in cinema. Because of this the aliens seemed to be the secondary story line, and I felt it wasn't as captivating as it should have been.
  11. Jan 29, 2014
    "The World's End" wasn't all that bad. I just ended up feeling like I had already watched it before. Followed a very safe formula that I feel had been used in "Shaun of the Dead". It did have a few humorous parts but I feel it to just be lacking in general. It wasn't anywhere close to being as enjoyable as "Shaun of the Dead." I really enjoyed that movie and thought it was very well done. In the future, I feel like It's gonna be difficult topping and/or knocking "Shaun of the Dead" off it's high pedestal. Expand
  12. Feb 19, 2014
    This is the Third Flavour of the Cornetto trilogy, and as you would expect it's quirky, pacey and funny. The movie is rich with characters and relationship building (friendship). Higly recommend it.
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    While I do not feel that it lives up to "Shaun of the Dead," "Hot Fuzz," or even "Paul," I still have to say it can be a very funny movie at times. It's not quite as intelligent as the previous works these people have been associated with, but it still hits the right notes of funny and action packed. The idea is over the top and absurd, but if you're a fan of these guys previous works then I recommend you give this one a shot. It might not be as good, but it's still fun. Expand
  14. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably my favorite comedy movie. The humor is dark and the characters are interesting. Simon Pegg makes the movie with his childlike character. He is, of course the cornerstone of the film, keeping it interesting throughout. One thing that a viewer should e aware of before seeing this is that it is not a solid comedy. What I mean by that is the movie takes breaks from providing laughs in order to tell a better story. This doesn't make it any worse of movie, it's just something I wasn't expecting going in. Expand
  15. May 1, 2014
    This movie is the perfect end to a trilogy that has had audiences both amazed with the acting and directing, and laughing out loud with it's incredibly witty comedy. I have already seen this movie over 10 times, and each time I discover something new.
  16. May 25, 2014
    "The Ending has come to one of my favorite trilogies of all time and it goes out with the bang of a Gamma-ray Burst."

I'm not one for British comedy there are a few movies and tv shows that i like but for the most part i just don't like it. I have had no problem liking Edgar Wright movies from back in 2004 when i watched Shaun of the dead for the first time i fell in love with it. Hot
    Fuzz was also great but i needed to watch it a couple times before i really started to love the film. This film though i enjoyed right from the start it's definitely a movie that makes you want to go watch it again.

The film follow a group of five friends that have not seen each other for 20 years as they go on a trip back the their home town to complete the ultimate challenge "The Golden Mile" 12 pubs, 12 pints, 1 night all culminating at the last pub "The Worlds End" oh yeah at some point in there some "Robots" start attacking but that's not a good enough reason for these guy's to stop the ultimate challenge. The film will have you laughing from beginning to end and even after while you are driving home and then even some after that. While some critics/people seem to be getting tired of the nostalgia moments i just can't get enough of them.

Overall i give it a 8.0 A MUST WATCH for everyone you wont regret it for sure well i guess if you don't like British comedy then maybe you wont but i seriously doubt that because it's just too awesome not to like
  17. May 27, 2014
    Great movie until the ending. There was many funny jokes and clever dialogue in this movie that kept me into it most of the time. The story was pretty good up until near the very end it started to suck at the end. It is the worst of the three movies that Frost and Pegg have done together but they still managed to entertain me to enjoy this movie quite a bit.
  18. Jun 22, 2014
    As long as you don't try and compare it to Hot Fuzz , this film is very enjoyable to watch especially watching it the second time round, the humor is what you expect and puts a smile on your face with some moments that will make you **** yourself with laughter.

I only rated it a seven because some parts of the plot just felt like it lost it way a bit and didn't quite explain itself
    properly and the ending was a bit naff as well.

I do think this film is worth a watch but it probably does have its own audience and may need to be watched twice (with a good amount of time in between)
  19. Jul 4, 2014
    As a whole, "The World's End" is still pretty good, but not as humorous as "Shaun of the Dead" or "Hot Fuzz". For better or worse, the film emphasises more on moral, ethics and the stupidity of humans than simple, funny jokes. As for acting, this is the best of Simon Pegg that I have seen so far.
  20. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The World's End was absolutely outrageous!!! If the movie didn't have all the laughs and drinks in it, it would just be one of those pathetic movies similar to the Steve Jobs biopic directed by Joshua Michael Stern.
  21. Jul 30, 2014
    The three Cornettos trilogy.. If Shaun of the Dead is the chocolate flavour, Hot Fuzz is strawberry... The World's End must be brussels sprouts...

Nowhere near as good as the first 2 and it leaves a bad after taste.
  22. Aug 9, 2014
    I want to like this movie but Pegg is horribly miscast, and it just isn't funny. Its diluted Shaun of the Dead with a heavier, but actually better, theme. The Sci-fi element is annoying. Of the five main actors, at least three are just not funny whatsoever. All five should have been. Even Guardians of the Galaxy had better characters, and they were often animated. A disappointment.
  23. Aug 20, 2014
    you know it's really pointless, the most pointless movie i had seen.
    Just the end of the movie was a little mind awaking but the whole movie is just so incredibly pointless and meaningless....!!
    you can't make a social movie with comedy and science fiction, no way..it's just like eating banana with tea at 4 AM.
  24. Sep 10, 2014
    It doesn't mark Itself as the best work from the Pegg and Wright but still contains enough comical violence and ridiculous humor to make it a memorable film.

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Aug 31, 2013
    Nothing here is so well defined, and the tone of the film begins to suffer. I cannot imagine returning to it as one does to "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," hungry for fresh minutiae. [2 Sept. 2013, p.80]
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Aug 28, 2013
    The World’s End affectionately takes a page from our Fifties sci-fi films.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Aug 26, 2013
    There's a lot of fun to be had in watching The World's End and, surprisingly, more thematic depth than one might expect. The humor, true to its British roots, may baffle some Americans but those who "get" it will laugh quite a bit.