7.6

1. Jul 30, 2014
    The three Cornettos trilogy.. If Shaun of the Dead is the chocolate flavour, Hot Fuzz is strawberry... The World's End must be brussels sprouts...

Nowhere near as good as the first 2 and it leaves a bad after taste.
  2. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The World's End was absolutely outrageous!!! If the movie didn't have all the laughs and drinks in it, it would just be one of those pathetic movies similar to the Steve Jobs biopic directed by Joshua Michael Stern.
  3. Jul 4, 2014
    As a whole, "The World's End" is still pretty good, but not as humorous as "Shaun of the Dead" or "Hot Fuzz". For better or worse, the film emphasises more on moral, ethics and the stupidity of humans than simple, funny jokes. As for acting, this is the best of Simon Pegg that I have seen so far.
  4. Jun 22, 2014
    As long as you don't try and compare it to Hot Fuzz , this film is very enjoyable to watch especially watching it the second time round, the humor is what you expect and puts a smile on your face with some moments that will make you **** yourself with laughter.

I only rated it a seven because some parts of the plot just felt like it lost it way a bit and didn't quite explain itself
    properly and the ending was a bit naff as well.

I do think this film is worth a watch but it probably does have its own audience and may need to be watched twice (with a good amount of time in between)
  5. May 27, 2014
    Great movie until the ending. There was many funny jokes and clever dialogue in this movie that kept me into it most of the time. The story was pretty good up until near the very end it started to suck at the end. It is the worst of the three movies that Frost and Pegg have done together but they still managed to entertain me to enjoy this movie quite a bit.
  6. May 25, 2014
    A surprising last entry in the 'Cornetto Trilogy' but it's not the type of surprise that's entirely positive...

Let me start off by saying that I was, and still am, a huge fan of Shaun of the Dead, and an even bigger fan of Hot Fuzz, so when I heard about a third Edgar Wright film starring the classic Pegg and Frost combination where the plot focused on a good ol' fashioned English piss
    up that then turned into an Alien invasion bash-up, I shat myself in anticipation. As you can tell by my 6/10 score though, I probably wasted a good pair of pants doing so.

The first act does well to hype you up for the rest of the film. Pegg as an insane '90s replica with legs is humorous to behold but it seems as though it was the actor's weakest role in the trilogy. Don't get me wrong, Gary King is well written and pretty unique, but I'm not sure, I just feel as though it's a familiar actor playing an unfamiliar character. Frost is good as a character that's basically the reverse of King, but the rest of the main cast are almost identical to him in premise and that can come off as a bit unoriginal at times. Nevertheless, the first half of the film is great in a satirical, traditional English setting with hilarious dialogue as expected. My hype for seeing Pegg and Frost pissed up was almsot entirely satisfied...

Then it gets to the Aliens...

I know it's not very important, but the Aliens in this film are boring beyond belief. They're basically cyborgs with a robotic behavior replacing any sort of personality. Again, it's not a huge problem because the focus is supposed to be on Pegg and the gang, but it can be a bit distracting during dialogue and heated action sequences. It's just... we've seen this kind of stuff before so it seems uninspired and makes me lose a little too much interest in the story as a whole.

Without giving anything away, the end of the film is pretty unusual and surprising, not your typical happy ending in the slightest. I won't ruin it, but just don't expect everything to work out just fine like I did. While we're on the subject of the end though, the 'network' A.I thing voiced by Bill Nighy is also incredibly unoriginal and dull, although again there is a few laughs to be had with his dialogue. Yet again, I know it's not supposed to be the focus, but this to me was a bit of a wasted potential for what could have been some fresh and original Aliens, and maybe like, they would come to Earth seeking Beer or something? Wouldn't THAT have been pretty interesting? But I digress...

The action is pretty good and at least half of the movie's dialogue generates some chuckles, but I had high hopes for the finale in a trilogy I could have adored, and they just weren't met. It's an A-Grade Popcorn Movie, but other than that there isn't all that much else here. I'd definitely recommend Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead before I would even mention this one, so go see those if you haven't.
  7. May 25, 2014
    "The Ending has come to one of my favorite trilogies of all time and it goes out with the bang of a Gamma-ray Burst."

I'm not one for British comedy there are a few movies and tv shows that i like but for the most part i just don't like it. I have had no problem liking Edgar Wright movies from back in 2004 when i watched Shaun of the dead for the first time i fell in love with it. Hot
    Fuzz was also great but i needed to watch it a couple times before i really started to love the film. This film though i enjoyed right from the start it's definitely a movie that makes you want to go watch it again.

The film follow a group of five friends that have not seen each other for 20 years as they go on a trip back the their home town to complete the ultimate challenge "The Golden Mile" 12 pubs, 12 pints, 1 night all culminating at the last pub "The Worlds End" oh yeah at some point in there some "Robots" start attacking but that's not a good enough reason for these guy's to stop the ultimate challenge. The film will have you laughing from beginning to end and even after while you are driving home and then even some after that. While some critics/people seem to be getting tired of the nostalgia moments i just can't get enough of them.

Overall i give it a 8.0 A MUST WATCH for everyone you wont regret it for sure well i guess if you don't like British comedy then maybe you wont but i seriously doubt that because it's just too awesome not to like
  8. May 11, 2014
    Extremely overrated. This is nothing more than a tired concept. There really isn't anything original here. Besides moments of some humor and cleverness, the rest is just whatever. The ending was a total joke.
  9. May 11, 2014
    After starting off ok, The World's End became an unfunny, drawn out mess half way through. It goes from a bland comedy into a ridiculous science-fiction event, with an ending that is truly horrible.
  10. May 3, 2014
    I had to double check this rating as the movie was absolutely ridiculous and not worth the time that it takes to watch, let alone any possible price that could be attached. Perhaps it holds some insider geek-of-film lure that I am missing. If so, I am content with missing it, and am reminded not to be further misled by "film critics".
  11. May 3, 2014
    The World's End is a great example of how astonishing and spectacular British media is and really shows the viewer why British humor is still up 2 this day highly regarded as the best cinema experiences of all time. The World's is basically Edgar Wright's love letter to the novel Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, full of bizarre, fun, witty and fascinating humor with outrageous action topped off with a story about a dead beat and his old college friends to go out and complete what they started, the Golden Mile, go 2 8 pubs and get wasted.

10/10, Brilliant ScFi humor mixed with British charm and wit with Astonishing action scenes and a moral message that is politically incorrect = one hell of a good time.
  12. May 1, 2014
    This movie is the perfect end to a trilogy that has had audiences both amazed with the acting and directing, and laughing out loud with it's incredibly witty comedy. I have already seen this movie over 10 times, and each time I discover something new.
  13. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably my favorite comedy movie. The humor is dark and the characters are interesting. Simon Pegg makes the movie with his childlike character. He is, of course the cornerstone of the film, keeping it interesting throughout. One thing that a viewer should e aware of before seeing this is that it is not a solid comedy. What I mean by that is the movie takes breaks from providing laughs in order to tell a better story. This doesn't make it any worse of movie, it's just something I wasn't expecting going in. Expand
  14. Mar 2, 2014
    While I do not feel that it lives up to "Shaun of the Dead," "Hot Fuzz," or even "Paul," I still have to say it can be a very funny movie at times. It's not quite as intelligent as the previous works these people have been associated with, but it still hits the right notes of funny and action packed. The idea is over the top and absurd, but if you're a fan of these guys previous works then I recommend you give this one a shot. It might not be as good, but it's still fun. Expand
  15. Feb 28, 2014
    Inspired by it's score I gave it a spin. And honestly - I want my time back. This movie just doesn't add up in any way.. For some time it tries to be serious and just when you start to get the feeling that there will be a moral at the end or just a bit of sense in it.. the blue thing pops up. And it goes completely bananas.Unfortunately, not in a good way. It's acted rather poorly, the script doesn't make any sense and the whole thing looks like it was written in the same way the whole thing acts out - completely drunk.
    If you want a good Pegg move - go see Paul.
  16. Feb 19, 2014
    This is the Third Flavour of the Cornetto trilogy, and as you would expect it's quirky, pacey and funny. The movie is rich with characters and relationship building (friendship). Higly recommend it.
  17. Feb 19, 2014
    Good God, what was that? A dull, unfunny retelling of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with some mild humour (I laughed once: when a 'blank' chav's head came off and blue goop when over a lavatory floor). Some glimpses of character development here and there that never went anywhere. The World's End was an hour long tease: we're going to play This Corrosion, maybe at the end.
  18. Feb 11, 2014
    Not only easily the weakest of the Cornetto trilogy, this movie is not as funny, well-written or well-paced as ANY of the other Pegg/Frost collaborations. The character development is non-existant and the humour is mostly misses and very few hits. The only saving grace comes from good performances from the supporting cast (inc. Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine)
  19. Feb 10, 2014
    Fantastically made film. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead, but better than Hot Fuzz. The Action sequences are great, and the comedy is good. The hidden secrets such as the bars being named after what happens in that bar are so easily unnoticed, but a great touch and will have you shocked when you realise.
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie is just bad. Reviewers keep describing it as "funny" and "witty", of which it is neither. Anyone who likes this movie is clearly starved for entertainment. Seriously, what was funny about it?

This is a classic case of critics (who are notorious for having no sense of humour) trying to rate one token comedy highly. So instead of rating a comedy that is -actually- clever, they
    pick one that has "all these underlying themes" that "only a true fan will understand". What's even worse is the pathetic home viewers who think, "hey if the critics rate this highly I will too and that will make me sophisticated". No, it makes you a moron who has no mind of their own. Expand
  21. Feb 2, 2014
    I found this movie, soooo painful to watch. It was boring and dragged on and on! I was watching to see where the good parts will begin. But it didn't happen.
  22. Jan 29, 2014
    "The World's End" wasn't all that bad. I just ended up feeling like I had already watched it before. Followed a very safe formula that I feel had been used in "Shaun of the Dead". It did have a few humorous parts but I feel it to just be lacking in general. It wasn't anywhere close to being as enjoyable as "Shaun of the Dead." I really enjoyed that movie and thought it was very well done. In the future, I feel like It's gonna be difficult topping and/or knocking "Shaun of the Dead" off it's high pedestal. Expand
  23. Jan 23, 2014
    What an obnoxious combination of aliens invented velcro and 'white man's burden'. I'm just so conditioned by the "liberal left" globalist media machine I react negatively to an Angle-Saxon pro-imperialist movie. But you know what they say: you can take the British out of Imperialism, but you can't take Imperialism out of the Brit.
  24. Jan 20, 2014
    Sadly, probably Edgar Wright's weakest film. It felt too self-referential that him and Pegg felt that they were getting old by creating characters who were a bit a bit sad and trying to relive the glory days of their youth. These men are the eternally the characters that make us feel young and optimistic. The aliens seemed to be the secondary story line, and I felt it didn't pick up as much as it should have. Expand
  25. Jan 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A missed oppurtunity. For me this could have been the best film of the Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz trilogy but ended up being the worst. I thought the premise was brilliant; a group of middle aged friends getting together to re-live their youth and going on a pub crawl. The Gary King character was really interesting in that he was living in the past and I really wanted to discover why he did that. The soundtrack was also fantastic, based on the madchester/shoegazing sound from the early nineties. Things were going really well as the characters started their pub crawl, exchanging anecdotes about their past and getting on famously. Ironically for me the film start unraveling once they introduced the robot aliens to the story. To be honest I think if would have been a much better film had they dropped the aliens altogether as from then on we got a series of overblown chase sequences ending up with Gary giving his "We are humans and you can't tell us what to do!" speech with the aliens responding "oh, alright then we'll leave" before blowing up the town and leaving the whole world reverted to a kind of mad-max existence. The whole of the last 5 minutes felt as though it belonged in a different film. Such a shame, this could have been such a good film. Expand
  26. Jan 9, 2014
    I was anticipating this movie, so I paid $8.95 to watch it on Costa Cruise lines. Certainly a downgrade from what Pegg and Wright normally create; well-crafted satires of overused and degrading American film genres. It's still quirky, energetic, and it leaves with a sense of "what the f**k?" Still one of the better apocalypse movies of recent times, 'This is The End' included. The only reason I give it a 7 is that I'm slightly disappointed with Wright and Pegg. Usually they make it far less ludicrous and more insulting to the genres, which I think is their greatest element of the Three Flavour's Cornetto. Expand
  27. Jan 9, 2014
    Esta era una de las películas más esperadas del año para los que disfrutan de la buena comedia, y así es, The World's End es una lluvia imparable de carcajadas de principio a fin, el director Edgar Wright ha completado una de las trilogías más esperadas de la década pasada (incluyendo a Shaun of the Dead y Hot Fuzz). La verdad una comedia que debe ser vista para todos los que disfruten reírse a carcajadas con este dúo de actores (Simon Pegg & Nick Frost).
    Como último comentario: Muy recomendable y si no la ven están perdiendo una buena oportunidad para reírse con sus amigos un buen rato.
  28. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The world's end is a TERRIBLE movie. It has a poor character development a stupid story and it doesn't even make sense at all by the half of the movie. Honestly, I didn't expect it to turn from a comedy movie into an awful action movie. The beginning of the movie was really fun and enjoyable, but *spolier alert* when they start fighting those robots, I gave up on this movie. And the end of the movie is awful too, It doesn't even make sense. I'm giving it a 4/10 because it made me laugh, but it's not really that good. Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2014
    I think some of the 0 score reviews are very harsh and they probably don't have any humour and took the film to seriously.

Its fun and stupid and it made me laugh loads. Being from the UK I found it hilarious how they made a whole crazy story from a pub crawl so thought it was great. So maybe its a UK film where Americans won't get why its funny but me and all my friends love it and I
    hope they release more silly films. Expand
  30. Jan 2, 2014
    A really fun movie with some really nice jokes and good action sequences, combined with witty back-and-forth banter between the main characters make The World's End a great ending to Three Flavours Cornetto (or whatever you want to call it) trilogy.
  31. Dec 31, 2013
    A movie that tries to balance comedy and action, but ends up lacking on both sides. The characters talk fast like they're going to say something funny, but never actually seem to. I'm sorry to fans, but I honestly never liked Edgar Wright, and I still don't. His movies are original, but they aren't funny. They aren't even clever. I don't see what they tried to do here.

The World's End
    gets a 3.4/10 Expand
  32. Dec 28, 2013
    The last entry in the Edgar Wright's trilogy is equal parts riotous and moving. The film is a masterwork in pacing, and Simon Pegg gives what has to be his best performance ever.
  33. Dec 27, 2013
    Lacking in character depth, lacking in humour and lacking in logic. The Simon pegg character was annoying and frost as the straight guy didnt work.

The only thing I would say is the plot concept had some legs but the execution was terrible.

One to avoid.
  34. Dec 24, 2013
    A film with such high ratings from critics and users, but so utterly poor beyond the first 20 minutes, that I had to sign up to Metacritic to ensure that sane people's views were represented more fully. Pegg and Frost have truly lost their way. How deeply disillusioning to see the wonderful Paddy Considine and Martin Freeman in a film so lacking in wit, skill, grace and genuine thoughfulness. Nice idea: zombie slave metaphor for middle age conformity. And the odd good line early on. But the people making it have so lost touch with ordinary life that they no longer know how to turn life into art, or more to the point, comedy. No one, but no one, will remember this film with affection in ten years' time. Expand
  35. Dec 23, 2013
    One of the best comedies of the year. The World's End is an engaging film. Like its predecessors, it's stocked full of laughs and quick-witted dialogue, and the cast is simply brilliant.
  36. Dec 21, 2013
    In general, it's pretty great. It's funny, has some touchy moments, and the plot is interesting. However, some things keep it from reaching the level of Shaun of the Dead. The fight scenes get a little bit repetitive (these robots should have been more challenging), the last third of the movie wasn't very funny (except the debate scene), and the ending was a little bit over-the-top. But none of these flaws could take away the joy of watching this movie. Expand
  37. Dec 14, 2013
    The World's End doesn't know if it's an ensemble R-rated comedy, a middle-age crisis movie or an action sci fi dystopia movie.....

and you will be glad it doesn't. The movies sets out to create a weird blend of genres and succeeds.

Some of the disagreement in the user reviews can be explained by noticing that the movie is something of a satire or farce, and what it does well does
    not require us to take the characters, tone or plot seriously.
    It uses its monstrous hybrid of genres and tones to unseriously bat around a few serious ideas. This rubs some people the wrong way. Too bad for them, really.
  38. Dec 13, 2013
    A fittingly hilarious and clever ending to the "Cornetto Trilogy", complete with Edgar Wright's tight, stylish directing; witty, fast-paced, and almost intimidatingly allusive dialogue and great characterization. This film, as with the others in the trilogy, is distinct from the other two in many ways, but balances almost perfectly the sense of familiarity and novelty. It feels like its own film, and yet it is similar enough to its counterparts to make them feel unified. Though it wasn't as good as Hot Fuzz, it still made me laugh, a lot. Expand
  39. Dec 8, 2013
    Clearly, I must be missing something here. I don't even know where to start so I won't I'll just say that I have not seen: talent, interesting ideas, entertaining dialogue, fun/funny moments
  40. Dec 1, 2013
    I really liked Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but this one is by far the weakest of the trilogy. Why the critics love it so much is beyond me. The characters (especially Simon Pegg's) are all unlikable and uninteresting, and who wants to watch an entire cast acting drunk for half of the movie? Maybe you have to be drunk yourself to have any fun watching this, for all the others: this is not a good movie. And the unsatisfying ending stands representative for the entire unsatisfying 90 min. Expand
  41. Nov 29, 2013
    Are you kidding me? I don't understand what all the praise for this film is for. The humour is horrid and tummy cringing, the acting is poor and the story is just shockingly lazy. Im sorry... I did not enjoy this film one bit, and I am a huge fan of Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim, Boo!
  42. Nov 28, 2013
    The World's End is a great finish to such a great trilogy. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are fantastic as usual, but Pegg's Gary King provides the quick witt and most of the laughs. Overall Edgar Wright has created a one of the best comedic trilogies there is. A
  43. Nov 24, 2013
    Ugggh. Talk about bad writing. I was ok with the movie's opening scenes and concept but it slowly became worse and worse. Early humanistic scenes that could have developed, didn't. Then, the movie fell totally apart, into a ridiculous science-fiction event. What were the creators thinking? Huh? This one isn't worth your time.
  44. Nov 22, 2013
    In the words of Oliver “WTF”. The World’s End is one of the weirdest movies I have seen all year. The story took me completely by surprise delivering the most offbeat and off color movie of the year thus far. The weirdess of the story though enhances it and makes it and stand out film of the year and by no means holds it back. Also, the characters are really likeable especially Gary primarily do to Pegg’s excellent performance. Additionally, you got some great banter between characters. This is all topped off with some a unique style. As a result, we have a stand-out film that I’d recommend to anyone who wants to see a unique film, unless all of Edgar Wright’s movies are like this. Regardless I enjoyed this movie a lot and I definitely recommend checking it out. After this I really want to check out Wright’s other films, since this is the first of his films that I have seem. Edgar Wright you did a good job here now please do the same for Ant-Man in two years. Expand
  45. Nov 21, 2013
    Simon Pegg and the rest of the cast are great and the first half of the movie is awesome, but during the second half it gets a little too weird. This is another good movie with Simon Pegg but Shaun of the Dead is way better. Overall Score= 68/100
  46. Nov 16, 2013
    one of overrated movies of 2013,Gary the king character is so annoying and can compete with Adam sandler for worst actor of the year.No single joke in entire movie and end of the movie is out of logic.It's sad to see professional critics writers gave this movie so much grade,Either they gone nuts of became man whores.
  47. Nov 14, 2013
    I expected a good movie, It wasn't. The acting is ok and the fight scenes are some-what entertaining but the unoriginal plot and lack of humor (didn't laugh once) killed it for me. I expected a movie worth the high praise from critics and users and I did not get that at all. Would not recommend.
  48. Nov 14, 2013
    And with this, the unofficial Cornetto Trilogy comes to an end. While I didn't think "The World's End" was as laugh-out-loud funny as "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," I definitely enjoyed it. The only downside was that I found Simon Pegg's character to be very grating and annoying during the first half of the film--however, once his character develops a little more, he's great. I think Pegg is a fantastic actor and very funny guy but he was just too obnoxious for me for the first half. However, the entire cast is comprised of fantastically talented people, the special effects are great, the story is a beautiful homage to classic sci-fi and the fight scenes were just incredible! Overall, a great end to a fantastic series of movies. Expand
  49. Nov 13, 2013
    This could have the worst movie I've watched at the movie (and I get dragged to a lot of crap by my wife). No one was laughing in the theater, no lie, not once. I feel like people are saying they liked this just because of the cast, and they don't want to be left out for not "getting" its humor when there is none. "It's cheeky," they'll tell you. Or "it's to high brow for you," no this isn't. Simon Pegg is really funny, but he stinks in this. Expand
  50. Nov 9, 2013
    Funny movie, with lots of small gags. The cast does its work just fine. The ending just looks as if the writers didn't know how to give this movie an end and just wanted to give everything a quick (but not very good) explanation. Good action scenes. Missing the long-laughing gags from Hot Fuzz.
  51. Oct 27, 2013
    This is not your typical comedy. From the writers of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, bring their latest work The World’s End. It is an action comedy about five friends trying to relive, or bury, their teenage years. The movie starts off by giving context to the story and the characters during their time as high school seniors. After some background information, the movie starts to shine light upon the characters on the present. Four of the five friends were able to move on from the events that occurred during their senior year, except one. This character is portrayed by Simon Pegg and his character is stuck in the past. He was the leader of this misfit teenage party of friends. He had a sense of power and he did not want to be stuck in a corporate cage after high school, but he could not stop time. Because of these characteristics, Simon Pegg’s character has a drive within himself to recreate his younger self. This leads to him bring all of his friends back together to complete the golden mile, a bar crawl consisting of twelve pubs. On this journey they encounter many obstacles that make all of characters test their friendships and trust within each other. It is a very funny movie with plenty of laughs. It also is an action movie with plenty of bar brawls and slug-fests. Moreover it is a story of friendship and belief in one’s self to trust in one another to achieve something better than what they had before. Expand
  52. Oct 23, 2013
    Pegg and Frost at their worst. Felt sorry for Martin Freeman being in this movie. And it's not an effing trilogy the three movies in the Cornetto series are DIFFERENT story lines, not a continuation. Meaning its not a trilogy. Regardless this film is
  53. Oct 23, 2013
    The only spoiler I could give for this movie is that its a massive crap stain of a movie. The plot is tired. The comedy is non existent. The ending is stupid. Waste of time.
  54. Oct 23, 2013
    A massive disappointment. Like the guys in the movie, my feeling watching this was that it was an idea pushed too far, void of all charm and fun. Every joke feels forced and all comedic moments rest squarely on Pegg's shoulders. Nick Frost does not work well as the comedy straight man. And Paddy Considine is charmless without his Irish accent. A thoroughly sad way to end the franchise.
  55. Oct 18, 2013
    For me this was the most anticipated movie of this year. I'd say that I'm a fanboy of Pegg-Frost-Wright and this is a decent movie mixing good old british comedy and some sci-fi action with lots of fun details and easter eggs. But still their best creation was "Hot Fuzz", it is really a top notch movie.
  56. Oct 17, 2013
    For what this is Good but not memorable! This movie starts with a great uphill arc. I would stat though somewhere around the middle the story goes too honest. Like they should just kill everyone because all hell has gone loose. Oh well. You know what you're paying for at this movie! @ramblingmango
  57. Oct 13, 2013
    Typical Simon Pegg movie. It is kind of his previous movies like shaun of the dead but still an just above average comedy movie to watch. I won't say it is too funny but still an enjoyable movie.
  58. Oct 5, 2013
    The ending was crap. The movie was overall good but the ending felt lazy and uninspired. It was a nice change of pace to see Pegg and Frost reversing their roles and the supporting cast were good, even though they felt a bit thin as far as character development. It's funny but the ending was just so dissappointing and, sadly, the thing that really sticks out.
  59. Oct 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Worlds End was a funny and unique film. Simon Pegg is just a great actor and plays his part as Gary King in a great way. This movie involves 5 friends, led by Simon Pegg's character, on a pub crawl eventually leading to the pub The World's End. The humor in this movie is just excellent and the dialogue is perfect. I also give credit to Nick Frost for playing the reluctant best friend of Simon Pegg, Andy. The movie has some twists that are unpredictable which makes this film really exciting. The character development was pretty simple and straight forward. So that is all I have to say about this movie just great it was funny, creative, intelligent, and a great experience I highly recommend it as it is the sleeper movie of the year. Overall 9.5/10 Expand
  60. Oct 2, 2013
    Now this is a very intelligent movie, extremely funny, surprising, and with a message.
    One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time.
    There goes that.
  61. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You could see that this movie reflected the same emptyness as the actors lives it was based on. I admit its a great movie if your high on pot or drunk or just stupid. But you know the actor writer is completely bankrupt of any creativity and ideas when they resort to sheer shock value and star power for the whole movie.

This movie is definitely a Jump the Shark moment for Seth Rogen and his crew, unfortunately, just the feel goods self affirmation this will give stoners of their lives will make all the potheads give it good reviews, if youre anyone else this movie will be something worth skipping
  62. Sep 25, 2013
    Easily one of my favourite films. Went to see it with my dad and the excessive swearing and sarcastic humour really clicked. Brilliant fun, wouldn't recommend for sensitive people!
  63. Sep 24, 2013
    Oh my god, this film is something else. Very rarely to I find a film that manages to make me laugh whenever it's attempting to. And all of the other elements that help bring this work of art together are very strong standing. All of the characters are likeable, believable, and they're even relatable to a certain degree, with top notch performance top put the cherry on top. The story is very interesting. It had me hooked from it's retro introduction, to it's final brawl at the very end. The setting may seem quite similar to Hot Fuzz, but it's approach to the setting is very different from such. We seem to have a sort of hybrid of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, which is a match, made in heaven. This certainly one of the best movies I have ever seen. It manages to live up to the hype and hold its own in an industry too scared to tip-toe outside the proverbial box. This film, might just be perfection. I'm honestly trying my very hardest to try and find one bad thing with this movie, and I only found one. The ending seemed a tiny bit inconclusive, but overall it wrapped itself up very well. Also to mention this is one of those movies where the more you watch it, the more it makes sense and the more you understand, so it may have just been me being stupid. So for being one of the few honestly laugh out loud comedies out there, and having brilliant performance, cinematography and writing, The World's End receives the final verdict of the legendary... 10/10. A must see. If you didn't catch it at the cinema, get it on DVD, Blu-Ray, Netflix I don't care. Just seek it out. It's one of the best films of all time and manages to be one of only 3 10/10 ratings this decade (the others being Toy Story 3 and Skyfall) Expand
  64. Sep 23, 2013
    I am a big fan of the corneto trilogy,i love teh trilogy.so i was really hyped for the worlds end,and my hyped was worth it-I absoluly love this movie in every point.The movie was so fleshed out and polised so every one can understand i wont say the story to you but itis awsome.the way they act is epic they are so sutable for the roles no one else could have replaced them.Only thing that not shocked me but left me amazed whit a weird feeling adn happyness is the end it is not what you expect but it is at the same time so you feel happy and wierd at the same time.this movie diserves a perfect raitng for its clever writing,good acting,good story and for the overall movie.A good end to a good trilogy.and to al you newbes this isnt a realy trilogy it is a made up trilogy from simon pegg read about it neither one of the 3 films arent connected or in the same univere :).go adn se the movie Expand
  65. Sep 22, 2013
    This movie is Complete, absolute, bilge. Over rated, self indulgent, foul mouthed, bloated, puerile dirge. From start to finish.
    I loved SOTD and HF but I didnt give a toss what was happening in this and couldn't wait for it to end. They have seriously just indulged themselves and taken the complete piss out of the film-going public. Obviously most people dont seem to be aware of that.

Seriously I am at a complete loss as to why this has such a high review. Shockingly awful nonsense, they should be truly ashamed.
    And all the 'fantastic' reviews of this WTF?! Are you all robots?!

One redeeming feature; the soundtrack. Unfortunately a few old school classics can't save this.
  66. Sep 22, 2013
    My favorite installment in Edgar Wrights Three Flavours trilogy. The Worlds End is always exciting and always funny. Not only does it succeed at being awesome, but also at being quite emotional and in one scene tear jerking.
  67. Sep 22, 2013
    This was one of the worst movies I ve ever seen!A total load of rubbish from start to end! I was very angry and frustrated, because movie tickets are very expensive in Australia,and money does nt grow on trees.
  68. Sep 20, 2013
    There's a lot to like about The World's End, such as the brilliant acting, solid script, cool music, well choreographed action sequences and overall good story, but there's also a few things that turn me off. Firstly, the three friends that accompany Pegg and Frost are extremely dull and only there to make the two of them seem funnier and to enable plot developments. Secondly, the aliens are lame, too easy to kill and seem put together like lego. Thirdly, and this more of a personal preference, this film is really aimed at p!ss heads, and I dislike p!ss heads. Bar brawls are just not cool, and I get the impression the film is trying to tell us they are....but all this to one side, this is still a great film with a really unique feel. I just think it could have been better. Expand
  69. Sep 17, 2013
    It is a comedy Si-Fi- Apocalypse story. A gang of 5, old school friends, get together to finish what they tried at school but failed:
    to attend 12 pubs in a raw in one night. "The World's End" is the name of the last, the twelve's pub.

There are some funny lines, there is an interesting twist somewhere is the middle but overall I was not impressed.
    I have to admit that there are
    very few comedies that I really like. But they do exist. This one was not one of those, even though there were excellent actors involved:

Eddie Marsan (who is in my opinion, one of the best British actors), Sam Chamberlain, and others.
  70. Sep 16, 2013
    Quick-witted dialogue and unbelievably perfect characters not only render "The World's End" into a brilliant science fiction yarn it also leaves the audience with a thematically heartfelt end to the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy.
  71. Sep 15, 2013
    Very well made with all the usual tropes you expect from and Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg script. There are an awful lot of references to their past work and very subtle nods to other films along the way. I guess you’d have to watch it many times to get them all. All the performances were excellent with Frost and Pegg taking centre stage (of course) but with the talent on show, nobody could really put a foot wrong. Oh, and I have to mention Rosamund Pike who plays the female lead, Sam Chamberlain, I thought she was excellent as well. So was it just a clone of ‘Shaun of the Dead’? Well, it has many similarities but the characters are all different and the antagonist is also different. So not a direct clone but you can see where it came from. Over all, I liked it, an entertaining romp well worth a look.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 7.7/10.
  72. Sep 13, 2013
    The end of the so-called "Cornetto" trilogy, "The World's End" perfectly mixes humor, sentiment and action...all in uniquely different ways. This will be a film where dialogue is repeated verbatim for years to come and it's an outstanding cast: Nick Frost, Simon Pegg of course, plus Eddie Marsan from "Ray Donovan", Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine from the brilliant thriller "Dead Man's Shoes." Here, they all get their time to shine. The movie is like hanging with the funniest yet nicest people you know. The plot is simple: 4 guys are coerced into reliving a night from their youth thanks to Simon Pegg's "Peter Pan." It is his refusal to grow up that drives the narrative, provides most of the laughs, and at various times, creates real sentiment..laugh out loud funny, kudos to all concerned. Expand
  73. Sep 13, 2013
    Very original! While I do find Shaun of the Dead still the best of the three Pegg, Frost & Wright movies, this was enjoyable. Though, I think the ending was kind of weird and unexpected. Overall, I liked it and it was a fun flick to watch.
  74. Sep 12, 2013
    I was thoroughly interested and having an enjoyable time until the last 10 minutes of the movie. The worst ending to one of the best movies of the year
  75. Sep 12, 2013
    This movie is a fast paced quick witted movie that will test your ability to pay attention to absorb all of the great dialog and inter action between all the actors.... great acting, good story, and great humor.......... I was not sure I would like it because I saw the first Hangover movie and thought it was an insanely stupid drunk a log 3 stooges type of movie.. this is much different and lots of fun Expand
  76. Sep 12, 2013
    Wow, metacritic, letting me down. This film was a slow trudge through a half baked plot, only interrupted by a meager supply of chuckles. Oh but... it's the guy, from that movie, and we ALL liked that, remember? It did have it's moments. The action segments have some great choreography, which spices things up. And some jokes hit home. But overall, unfortunately, it just doesn't add up to be the swashbuckling buddy movie it sets out to be. Time will tell. Expand
  77. Sep 10, 2013
    12 pubs, 12 pints; one night. The World's End is the story of Garry King (Simon Pegg) and the old school gang, who re-tackle the 5280 feet of alcohol on the Golden Mile in their hometown. As Garry is reaching 40, this pub crawl is all he basically has to live for.

I usually personally judge a movie based on if I was bored at all during the run time, and with The World's End, I was
    constantly entertained with the British humor and witty comments, coming from Simon and the entire cast. The only character in the film I didn't like was Rosamund Pike (Picture 1). Her role was just minor and I feel that the film would've been better without it.

I walked into the film just for some laughs and a humor, and received much more in the end than expected. The movie took some completely unexpected twists and turns that neither me, nor the rest of the audience were expecting. I think that The World's End is the summer blockbuster film I never got. When I think back on this year’s break, I never really could remember a movie I actually left the theater satisfied with.
    Pegg's acting was the best I have ever seen from him, and I think that this single August release promotes his ability and range of all the parts he can play...WELL. The Sci-Fi aspect of the film weaved together nicely with the mix of comedy in an un-awkward way. When the sci-fi aspect did come about, I did feel the film began to become more unrealistic. I didn't like how these regular drunks, were able to change into mini Jackie Chan's all of a sudden.

Through the many fight scenes, there was really never a time where any one of the characters was in a close to life or death situation. I think that even though I thought this was a problem, The World's End is a movie that you go into knowing everything won't make perfect sense when you’re leaving the theater.

Being the third film in the series of Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz, I feel that The World’s End felt more like a sequel to Paul than the others it was billed against. Overall, The World's End is a movie you will feel like you got your money's worth out of, in the long run. It's one of those films that seems like it would be more fun to watch when you’ve had a few pints yourself, but either way it is an easy film to enjoy.
  78. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The World's End was inspiring, filled with a mix of a dream with an apocalyptic twist, had a rebellious fun loving leader of friends that i could relate to, repeated the SPNF movie trilogy elements with pub drinking and fence jumping, showed old friends meeting again catching up which is a classic formula for awesome, it overall got me impressed and excited.
    it left me feeling refreshed, relaxed, rejuvenated, reanimated, recharged, and revved.
    being a great endpart to the SPNF movies trilogy, I give it in a solid 10/10 because its level of awesomeness seemed like an art form to me and revived that dormant living fun loving spirit inside. It invoked my inner party demons.
  79. Sep 9, 2013
    Despite a slow start and not as much Cornetto as I had anticipated, The World's End still is plenty hilarious, though it often relies on the cuss words more than the previous two films in the trilogy.
  80. Sep 8, 2013
    So after an amazing Shaun of The Dead and a hilariously crazy Hot Fuzz, the last part "The World's End" had the very risky task of being the final act of a trilogy that on paper looked like the best one ever. BUT unfortunately, the movie sucks so much I couldn't believe it, I had hopes it would be good, and it was easily the worst piece of sh*t I've ever seen this past 5 years, first of all, Pegg's role is beyond lame, it's unbelievable, Frost overacts a boring assh*le and becomes quickly annoying. The movie doesn't focus on the duo, but on several insipid characters. The concept is lame, although it had a pretty good starting. Anyways the worst isn't there. The worst part of the movie was the alien/robotic sh*t. Holy hell this was so lame they are nothing in the movie, nothing more than stupid fragile punching balls. The ending is pathetic and everytime you look at Pegg or Frost, you see they don't even believe in the movie, they just want to be somewhere else. What a waste of money, time and hopes. The dirtiest piece of crap you'll see this year, no doubt Expand
  81. Sep 8, 2013
    Awful, just awful. A terrible end to what was promising to be a great trilogy. It's as if Pegg and Frost ran out of steam altogether and went with a wet rag of an idea they had scribbled on a beery napkin used to soak up a mess from the night before. Very dissapointing.
  82. Sep 7, 2013
    Despite the weird "enemies", this movie kept me laughing from start to finish. The cast qas strong and fun. The script was smart and hilarious. It's hard not to enjoy this movie.
  83. Sep 6, 2013
    This movie is great, but not amazing. If you loved the other movies in this trilogy or Paul, you will love this movie. Although the main character Is not as relatable as Simons previous roles. He's something new for Simon peg an anti hero. You probably won't like this movie if you're someone who can't pay attention or falls asleep in movies.
  84. Sep 6, 2013
    I really liked this end of the trilogy movie it was funny, gory and had lots of action, great acting by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost etc. great directing my Edgar Wright in my opinion best movie out of the CORNETTO trilogy
  85. Sep 6, 2013
    This movie is highly overrated. The movie has no character development, very juvenile humour, and plain stupid. I am very surprised that it has attained such a high rating among users and critics. Maybe I watched a different movie?
  86. Sep 4, 2013
    Pretty good! I'm a big fan of Simon Pegg so this film made me very happy, especially because Simon Pegg was in it and he his always a joy to behold. An A+!
  87. Sep 3, 2013
    Amazing TRIO has done it again. Love the humor (Its not for everybody). Excellent direction with actually great character development.

Love the fact that it gave us one thing that most movies dont now a day. Closure.

Simply loved it!
  88. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The third flavour in Edgar Wright’s Cornetto Trilogy is The World’s End, is a pub crawl set against the backdrop of the apocalypse, in a sci-fi farce that would make Douglas Adams proud. The setting recalls Shaun of the Dead (2004), which culminated in a mad dash to the pub amid a different world-end scenario, riffing hilariously on the classic zombie uprising. This plot sees five friends return to their home town of Newton Haven to complete The Golden Mile, a grand tour around the town’s twelve historic ale houses.

They’ve all come a long way since their school days. All that is, except one. Gary King (Simon Pegg) the instigator of this nostalgia trip has not moved on a day. The perpetual sunglasses and leather duster that made him the coolest dude in school twenty years ago are now the bedraggled clobber of a washed-up borderline alcoholic.

Where previously Pegg played the more driven character, with Nick Frost his stalwart, yet bumbling companion, in The World’s End, the roles are switched. Here, Pegg is still the lead, but the idle Gary King is much closer to his character in Edgar Wright’s sitcom Spaced. His old chum Andy (Nick Frost) is the complete antithesis, a successful lawyer, teetotal and married. The two have had a “frosty” relationship since school, if you’ll pardon the dreadful pun. Andy later comes to the forefront once conflicts begin, Dutch courage enabling him to become champion of bar-fu.

The laughter flows as quickly as the pints, with sharp and hilarious dialogue. The action is well choreographed by Brad Allen, a member of Jackie Chan’s famous stunt team who worked with Wright on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010). Fans of Wright and his team will recognise the return of some frequent collaborators, well cast to enrich the experience.

The film is a masterpiece of conception, with strength is in its attention to detail (resist reading further if you want to avoid spoilers). Of note are the character names, which subtly reveal their group dynamic. Self-appointed leader Gary King, ambitious rival Steven Prince (Paddy Considine), dedicated combatant Andy Knightley, managerial city slicker Oliver Chamberlain (Martin Freeman) and the submissive Peter Page (Eddie Marsan). The larger group takes a while to develop, drawing the focus away from the familiar Pegg and Frost dynamic. They characters chew the fat over the first few drinks, but each gets their moment in the sun. The name and design of each pub has been elegantly constructed to reflect the events that take place there; some are more subtle than others, but the stops on The Golden Mile are certainly open to rich interpretation.

The perfectly generic Newton Haven was filmed amongst Hertfordshire’s garden cities (The UK’s first roundabout is indeed a real place in Letchworth). Thus the fictional town manages to represent the epitome of Britishness, but with an atypical vibe of city planning. For The World’s End is a comment on the homogeneity of modern British towns. A similar uniformity afflicted the cities of the world in Huxley’s Brave New World, and this is the ultimatum delivered by the mysterious intelligence behind the alien invasion, whose brutal utilitarianism seeks to bring humanity in line with the rest of the galaxy by any means necessary. After all, we are almost there already: what high street can be walked down in this country without encountering the same banks, the same coffee shops, the same clothes outlets, the same chains of restaurants and pubs.

The film also dissects nostalgia by drawing attention to our own selective memories. The soundtrack is full of the early 90s Britpop and alternative rock of Wright and Pegg’s youth, that defines Gary King’s philosophy. The gang’s first attempt at the mile, all those years ago, was an unfinished ramble of illness and conflict, participants dropping like flies as the evening progressed. Yet it is remembered as the perfect night, the culmination of a wonderful youth. The characters are later offered the chance of a return to this youth, the recollection of twenty years’ pedestrian adulthood polished to perfection by cutting out all the bad bits.

It’s a tall order to replicate the success of the Cornetto classics without retreading old ground, but The World’s End manages to keep moving in unexpected directions. This is a team that know what they are doing, and they have certainly approached it with a new ambition, striking gold once more. At heart, The World’s End is a bittersweet endorsement of humanity, celebrating not only our faults, but the individuality and freedoms that come with them. It also inspired me to indulge in a pub crawl of my own. So I, for one, will be raising a pint glass to The World’s End, as it heads towards its cataclysmic finale. I suggest you do, too.
  89. Sep 2, 2013
    One of the best comedy of 2013, Simon Pegg delivered an Oscar worthy acting along with his cast mates! The movie has lot of great humor, smart and original dialog, great characters. But there are some problems with pacing. But overall it's a must see
  90. BKM
    Sep 1, 2013
    Simon Pegg and Nick Frost team up once again with director Edgar Wright for the final film in their Cornetto Trilogy that began back in 2004 with Shaun of the Dead. While it's not quite on the same level as that uproarious classic, The World's End nevertheless serves as a satisfying finale to the series. A nice balance is struck between gut busting humor and more sobering themes including the uneasy transition into adulthood and the devastating affects of alcoholism. It's heavy but never heavy handed and one of the best comedies of 2013. Expand
  91. Sep 1, 2013
    The latest film from funny men Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edger Wright is a great time with several big laughs thought The World's End falls short of it's predecessors. The same quick talking witty banter has a welcome return between Pegg and Frost but a surprisingly great supporting cast including the likes of Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine just adds to the enjoyment. I personal love the wok of Edger Wright and he hasn't yet made a bad film, I would even go as far as saying that Shaun of the Dead is one of the best British films ever made, and this film is no exception. The World's End might not be everyone's cup of tea as the film changes drastically around half way through and has a rather abrupt ending but if you enjoyed there previous films I am sure you will fine lots of enjoyment out of this one. Expand
  92. Sep 1, 2013
    Simon Pegg heads the group of 5 boyhood chums, who returns to their hometown 20 years later to complete a legendary 12-pub crawl. On their route, they discover that the town has changed in an ill-fated sci-fi way. This team of accomplished British actors creates an assured comic ensemble, led by Pegg's manic character. There aren't a lot of laff-out-loud moments, but there's plenty of good-natured, energetic fun. Add some entirely convincing special effects and clever physical action and you've got an entertaining romp thru a possessed English village. Expand
  93. Aug 31, 2013
    The World's End was amazing. I loved the sharp, witty dialogue and Simon Pegg really carries the whole movie with his odd, and somewhat unlikeable lead character. Edgar Wright delivers a fine ending to the Cornetto trilogy, and a great ending to summer.
  94. Aug 31, 2013
    I enjoyed the movie! It's funny and it does have the Cornetto trilogy feeling to it. Without a doubt, Nick Frost did a fantastic job playing his character, His best character he has played since Ed in Shaun of The Dead!

My only downside of the film was the ending, I thought it was bit pants. Most of the endings in the trilogy has a funny twist to it but this didn't but as I said, I have
    enjoyed the movie and will buy the blu-ray on release. Expand
  95. Aug 31, 2013
    Saw this flick last night. Have you all gone mad? Crass juvenile humor without any character development whatsoever, with a plot that would only appeal to teenagers. I love comedy and science fiction but this was just awful. Avoid at all costs.
  96. Aug 31, 2013
    This is as close to perfect as it gets. Even with its flaws, it does everything it sets out to do, and is everything that it is supposed to be. Few movies can say that. It ends the trilogy well.
  97. Aug 30, 2013
    Stupid, long, clever in a sophomoric way. "Let's make a mashup of two overdone concepts!" That's not clever, that's throwing darts. I should know better: whenever critics love all the filmic references in a movie, it's overrated the filmmaker made it for the critics, not for us.
  98. Aug 30, 2013
    Great Game! I am from Ukraine. Here is we play different staff like WOW, WOT, different kind of games... but this one makes me crazy Ubisoft creating best games... my point is 9
  99. Aug 30, 2013
    "The World's End" is a fun and humorous nod to the sic-fi genre depicting a group of friends attempting to do a pub crawl during an alien invasion. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are brilliant as always but I do have to take marks of for the inclusion of Rosamund Pike who just annoyed me throughout. The jokes and conversations in this film are funny and the ironic nature of the film in that Pegg and Frost don't drink in real life makes the film even more enjoyable.This is a solid film well worth paying to go and see. Expand
  100. Aug 30, 2013
    Is amazing. A genuine and satisfaying apocalypse of Wright. The humor is very intelligent, is a movie made by fans, for fans. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright has been one of the biggest success stories of cinema of the last decade.

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Aug 31, 2013
    Nothing here is so well defined, and the tone of the film begins to suffer. I cannot imagine returning to it as one does to "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz," hungry for fresh minutiae. [2 Sept. 2013, p.80]
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Aug 28, 2013
    The World’s End affectionately takes a page from our Fifties sci-fi films.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Aug 26, 2013
    There's a lot of fun to be had in watching The World's End and, surprisingly, more thematic depth than one might expect. The humor, true to its British roots, may baffle some Americans but those who "get" it will laugh quite a bit.