8.1

1. Jan 3, 2015
    What can one say: this is a X-Files movie! Being a late fan of the tv-series, this was exactly like an extended episode. Which means stretched time of fun... The plot is ever suspensing, surprising, and well... plotted. Must see to all even slightly X-Files fans, though even if you haven't seen any episode on the tv, I think it doesn't matter. The movie goes on just fine on its own, andWhat can one say: this is a X-Files movie! Being a late fan of the tv-series, this was exactly like an extended episode. Which means stretched time of fun... The plot is ever suspensing, surprising, and well... plotted. Must see to all even slightly X-Files fans, though even if you haven't seen any episode on the tv, I think it doesn't matter. The movie goes on just fine on its own, and after seeing it (and liking it) you no doubt want more. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2014
    This is a fantastic movie that honestly goes beyond the bounds of what I thought the X-Files was capable of. It pushes the metaplot forward while also serving to act as a cohesive individual story as well. I don't think you can get nearly as much out of this if you're not already familiar with all the x-files stuff, but it's very rewarding all the way though if you are.
  3. Mar 16, 2014
    More of an extended episode than anything else, this film adaptation of the phenomenal television series still manages delivers on many levels despite its somewhat convoluted plot.
  4. Feb 15, 2014
    Don't trust the critical reviews to much. The first feature for the X Files does live up to It's reputation that fans of the series would enjoy. Sitting and watching a film that they can call acclaimed, and I believe it.
  5. Feb 17, 2013
    This is a great X Files movie that is what it is suppose to be nothing else. It is not about what's more entertaining that's out there this is just the X Files you like it or you don't. I find it to be written in a very intelligent way. The chemistry between David and Gillian is just so fantastic. Thanks be to Chris Carter and the team.
  6. Sep 4, 2011
    As a huge X-Files fan, I found the movie only okay. I could name several episodes that were much more entertaining than this film. Not to say that there are some great moments, but few and far between.

The X-Files movie is really just a two-hour teaser for the series's sixth season. And little else. You will feel exactly like Mulder when he says, "How many times have we been right here before, Scully? So close to the truth?"
  2. Dark, funny, paranoid, arbitrary, humming with tamped-down eroticism and in love with all things weird: That's the good news.
  3. With its shrewd mixture of paranoia and the paranormal, the way its elaborate mythology combines enigmatic phenomena with potent cabals intent on running the world, The X-Files experience resembles "Twin Peaks" crossed with "The Twilight Zone."