7.8

1. AnonymousAnonymous
    Oct 20, 2004
    Great Movie! Go see it even though critics don't like it. It's no wonder they don't like it they have never seen something so simple.
  2. SuzanneB.
    Oct 19, 2004
    A great saint, yes, but an inferior, sugar-coated, and shallow piece of filmmaking. Therese deserves better.
  3. Mojill
    Oct 2, 2004
    Go see it, regardless of the critics pen ... and take the family. Therese is a story of struggle and the inestimable value of little things done with much love.
  4. DavidS.
    Oct 4, 2004
    This is a must see film for devout Catholics. I love the dialogue that the film encouraged within my family. This is my daughter's Patron Saint and she feels even closer to her now because of this excellent film. Please don't be influenced by the movie critics who have very little good to say about it. This movie will inspire you to try and live like "Jesus' Little Flower".
  5. MarkB.
    Oct 5, 2004
    As my ten year old son said, "It brings tears and joy in his heart." To bad the critics have lost the faith and simplicity of a child. A great inspirational movie. Go see it.
  6. ThomasH.
    Oct 5, 2004
    This film is anything but art. The camera is not allowed to tell the story as it is overwhelmed by a didactic quality which ruins the medium in this case. The 1980s version is far superior and respectful of the audience. God save us from sappy cinema, especially when it purports to relate to God.
  7. Steve
    Oct 1, 2004
    Despite what several critics write, see Therese for yourself - and take the family. It is a message of child-like love for God, perseverance in suffering for a greater good, and the message that little things we do in life, done with love, are significant ... concepts quite foreign in many 'critically acclaimed' movies today.
  8. AnthonyD.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Thanks to Luke Films St. Therese has become alive in my life. I invite all to walk "her Little way" - This way of spiritual childhood, Therese called a "little way very straight, very short-entirely new." The Way is STRAIGHT, for it has removed spiritual complexities which were like so many detours in our march towards God. The Way is SHORT, for being straight it simplifies the spiritual Thanks to Luke Films St. Therese has become alive in my life. I invite all to walk "her Little way" - This way of spiritual childhood, Therese called a "little way very straight, very short-entirely new." The Way is STRAIGHT, for it has removed spiritual complexities which were like so many detours in our march towards God. The Way is SHORT, for being straight it simplifies the spiritual life, reducing it especially to humility and confident love. The Way is NEW, in comparison with the systems which were then in vogue, but also because she insists more than anyone had done before on merciful Love. Jesus, speaking about charity had said in a similar manner that He gave us a new commandment, although that commandment had already been given. But He had raised it to a higher perfection. Expand
    Oct 4, 2004
    This movie is well worth seeing. Yes, it could have gone into more detail about Therese's "Little Way," but hopefully viewers will be inspired to read Therese's autobiography for themselves.
  10. AndrewT.
    Oct 6, 2004
    An EXCELLENT movie (or as I call it, a spiritual experience)! A must see for devout Catholics. As for non-Catholics, just be open to the movie. To the critics: Yes... the movie is "cheesy" at times. But what do you expect? The Martins were a "cheesy" family! They weren't your typical Osbournes. In today's world, they're WEIRDER than the Osbournes. They're a saintly An EXCELLENT movie (or as I call it, a spiritual experience)! A must see for devout Catholics. As for non-Catholics, just be open to the movie. To the critics: Yes... the movie is "cheesy" at times. But what do you expect? The Martins were a "cheesy" family! They weren't your typical Osbournes. In today's world, they're WEIRDER than the Osbournes. They're a saintly family focused on Christ! :) Positive -The actress who portrays Pauline. She did a TERRIFIC job in capturing the emotional relationship between herself and Therese. -The actor (Leonard DeFillippis) who portrays Louis Martin. All I can say is "WOW"! In such a short amount of time, he really capture the essence of the "King" and his "Queen". (For those of you who haven't read the book, the "Queen" is his Therese and the "King" is Louis) -The music was PERFECT! It really captures the emotional aspect of the movie. Viewers: Be open to the movie. It wasn't created to be a biography. It was created to be an artistic expression of "The Little Way", which IMHO captured it's spirit! Expand
  11. KennethD.
    May 19, 2006
    How one could see this and not be touched is beyond my comprehension. This is a wonderful movie, well cast, well directed & true to the life of St. Therese. Kudos to all who helped bring this to the screen.
  12. TimR.
    Oct 18, 2004
    Anybody that berates this film for being too simplistic does not know what they are talking about. This is the Little Flower, Doctor of the Little Way for goodness sakes. Great Job!
  13. ScottB.
    Oct 18, 2004
    An opportunity missed! Did the filmmaker read "the story of a soul" (therese's autobiography)? I recommend multiple viewings of "The Song of Bernadette" (after reading the book) to learn how to handle such material.
  14. BernardM.
    Oct 31, 2004
    I love the movie, saw it twice so far and hope the DVD comes out soon too before christmas.
  15. EricS.
    Dec 22, 2005
    Amazing movie, Saint Therese sets a great example of how to love God, and how to get to Heaven.

Skip the movie, stay home, read the book and say three Hail Marys.
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen Fox
    Therese's story would work better as a marionette show than on the big screen. The camera is best at picking up subtleties, and there are simply none here.
  3. Although decently acted and well-crafted, Thérèse is essentially an illustrated Sunday school lecture for true believers. It comes across as more an exercise in determined piety.