6.1

1. Jul 1, 2014
    Fans of: Anchorman, Naked Gun, Dumb and Dumber, Mystery Team, Billy
    Madison, Wet Hot American Summer
    You have your next (cult) classic comedy. I haven't laughed this hard maybe ever. Will the film hold up on repeat viewings? I'm not sure. But this is just ingenious comedy writing. It's the wackiest film I've ever seen in my life. Every single scene is a satire of something in an
    Fans of: Anchorman, Naked Gun, Dumb and Dumber, Mystery Team, Billy
    Madison, Wet Hot American Summer

You have your next (cult) classic comedy. I haven't laughed this hard
    maybe ever. Will the film hold up on repeat viewings? I'm not sure. But
    this is just ingenious comedy writing. It's the wackiest film I've ever
    seen in my life.

Every single scene is a satire of something in an actual romantic
    comedy. Yet, that would get old quick if the scenes didn't have INSANE
    jokes too. Luckily, the scenes do.

This movie isn't going to be for everyone as I can see the rating is at
    like a 6.2/10. But if you like wacky humor and you liked the movies I
    listed above, I would give this movie a chance. Seek it out in theaters
    when it comes more widely available. It certainly is way better than
    the previews suggested and most of the other big budget summer films
    coming out this year.
  2. Apr 24, 2015
    Calling all Wet Hot American Summer fans! Complete with Christopher Meloni's strangeness. Unexpected jokes abound, an off-beat comedy perfection. Great stuff here. If you don't get it, you're not ready for it.
  3. May 5, 2015
    If "disaster movie" meets romantic cliche'd parody movie we got ourselves 'They came together' a idiotic parody that makes the Wayans' brothers look smart, but the chemistry between Rudd and Poehler is so funny and clever also a dolt film . Director David Wain's script is funny and a little tiresome, but the chemistry between the leads is a droll. Grade A-
  4. Sep 14, 2014
    If you're sick of how the Scary Movie trend ended up ruining parody films forever and wished for a throwback to the days of Airplane, then this is the movie for you - rather than just throwing out endless pop culture references like the ____ Movie parodies do, this has a focus on one (You've Got Mail) while paying attention to genre as a whole as well. And like Airplane it's not afraid toIf you're sick of how the Scary Movie trend ended up ruining parody films forever and wished for a throwback to the days of Airplane, then this is the movie for you - rather than just throwing out endless pop culture references like the ____ Movie parodies do, this has a focus on one (You've Got Mail) while paying attention to genre as a whole as well. And like Airplane it's not afraid to throw out other bizarre non-sequiturs jokes as well. Just when you think it's settled down, it throws another punch out of the blue. This movie deserves to be a cult classic, but I wish it was better received so other movies would learn from it... instead we'll no doubt end up with another ______ Movie in the next six months instead. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Hughes
    Sep 1, 2014
    Reinforcing the very rom-com tropes it's sending up, this is a little too postmodern for its own good. Happily, Poehler and Rudd are as irresistible as ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Courtney Shea
    Jun 27, 2014
    Poehler’s Parks and Rec co-star Adam Scott is there, playing a sound engineer and so is John Stamos from "Full House," because, you know, that’s funny. Until it’s tiresome.
  3. Reviewed by: Christy Lemire
    Jun 27, 2014
    Means to make fun of romantic comedies the way "Airplane!" goofed on disaster movies and the "Naked Gun" films spoofed detective flicks. The result is actually more in line with Gus Van Sant’s ambitious but ill-advised shot-for-shot remake of "Psycho."