5.8

1. Aug 15, 2014
    I'm not black, but it seems many in the media give predominately black movies lower reviews than normal. Even classics like "Coming to America" are largely left off of greatest comedies of all time lists. It seems if it isn't a slavery movie or some drama to that effect a comedy is underrated.

This movie is funny and lives up to the hype. It is excellent and I'm glad I watched it
    despite the inaccurate reviews I've read. The entire film is enjoyable and well worth it with the very talented cast with Kevin Hart often stealing the show.

I would say like many rom-coms there is a certain traditional sappiness that comes along to satisfy a female audience, but I found it entertaining. I'll give it a 9, but voted a ten because some of these other reviewers and critics are questionable after seeing it myself.
  2. Mar 3, 2014
    I love this movie, it was so retarded that it made me laugh the entire movie. There was a great choice in which actors were casted, and there was a great plot behind this movie.
  3. Dec 2, 2012
    This by far has to be the best comedy that I have seen in years. Think Like a Man is based on Steve Harvey's #1 New York Times Best Seller Book "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What men really think about love relationships, intimacy and commitment." There were so many hot black actors/actresses as well as gorgeous clothing, fast cars and funny punch lines. This movie is the entire package and a must see if you are either in or out of any relationship. Read a bit more about this movie at chique-critique.blogspot.com Collapse
  4. Sep 3, 2012
    When you watch the trailer it seems very funny, but when the movie starts it is actually very boring. The movie seems like it goes on and on forever, rather than it being like 100 minutes. It just drags on forever. If they had added the funny guy " the one telling the story" the movie would of been a HIT! That's my opinion. The biggest thing was that it dragged on FOREVER and that it was not funny.. Expand
  5. May 17, 2012
    This movie was a hit to me. All my friends literally, and I as well love this movie. Im more or a dram-type guy but sometimes I'll watch a real good comedy, and this was one of them. If tickets wernt so expensive I'ld go see it again no doubt! This movie gets stale at times, but it's fresh and thats what I love alot about it. I cant wait to purchase this movie when it comes out! What ever money was spent on filing the money was well spent because they've made a laugh out loud comedy enjoyable for alot of people! Expand
  6. Apr 30, 2012
    Angels: This is a funny movie. It is more comedy than romcom. Sure, it is about relationships, and it has a happy ending - so to that extent it is romcom. But unlike most romcoms it is funny. This is 'horrible bosses' funny. It is also gratifying to see some talented actors get exposure. Michael Ealy is a very versatile actor, and has the ability to make you believe that he is not acting, that this is real life. And of course, there is the beautiful and talented Gabrielle Union. If our society, including our movie industry wasn't so 'segregated' Gabrielle would be a household name. And finally there is perhaps the most stunning actress in Hollywood: yes that is right: Megan Good! Never heard of Megan? Then go see this movie. If your socks are not wet from drool, then you either have no socks, or no pulse. I only give this movie a 9 because some of the relationship resolutions were a little contrived. Still, a fun movie experience with lots of laughs and eye candy. My honey said it was a 2hr commercial for Steve Harvey's book...my honey is so droll. (Anyway she enjoyed it as much as me.)
    Fly high tonight Angels.
  7. Apr 24, 2012
    Very entertaining and of course funny. Became predictable right away and lacked an element of any surprise or twist. When watching, by a quarter of the way through the movie you'll sit back and just watch because you'll feel like you've seen it before. It's almost like a remake of Deliver Us from Eva.
  8. Apr 23, 2012
    Sorry, if Tyler Perry doesn't have anything to do with this is can't not be good. TP is a Hollywood icon and he's making the rules HIS WAY so if you don't like it, then you can just double flip on outta here. Because Hollywood don't tolerate no phonies!
  9. Apr 23, 2012
    This movie is great. Very funny, great acting, wonderful storyline and entertaining. I think its a must see no matter if you are in a relationship or not. I would pay to see it again. I really enjoyed Michael Ealy's character...honest, positive, funny and great message on following your dream and starting your own business.
  10. Apr 22, 2012
    "Think Like a Man" plays like a big screen version of Seinfeld. However, the dialog lacks the wit and biting sarcasm of the iconic 90's sitcom. There's little going on cinematically, as it's firmly rooted in TV sitcom production style. The film is based on Steve Harvey's non-fiction book, but doesn't dramatize it well. The film lacks economy of characters, having unnecessary, anonymous, redundant characters with nothing to do. Like so many self-help books, "Think Like a Man" offers superficial insights of no real help, glossing over its ideas rather than exploring them. The movie is shameless in plugging the book the film is based on, as the characters chant, "Steve Harvey says.." when Steve Harvey doesn't have anything meaningful to say about love and relationships--and neither does this movie. Full review on my blog. Expand
  11. Apr 21, 2012
    This movie was exactly what a movie should be entertaining and funny. The cast was very well put together showing great chemistry and awareness. There were no dull moments from the beginning to end the did a great job framing the book to the screen. This is a movie that in my view is worthy of seeing more than one. The cast was diversely rounded and common which in my view can allow anybody to see this and enjoy it. Expand
  12. Apr 20, 2012
    Is normal that all the years we watch this movies, with a great cast in a simple story, that can be funny, and Think Like a Man is perfect for the example, we have a funny cast, that do a normal performance, any bigger, and do a good job. The story is simple, in some moments is funny, any new. Think Like a Man is to hang. No more.

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 25, 2012
    The relationship advice is all fairly boilerplate, much like the film itself, but these actors have made this a bankable romcom.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Apr 22, 2012
    Romantic charm and racy humor in a neatly arranged package anyone can appreciate.
  3. Reviewed by: Drew Hunt
    Apr 22, 2012
    Screenwriters Keith Merryman and David A. Newman interweave four asinine, underdeveloped plot lines, and Tim Story's prosaic direction reduces their script to a shambolic nightmare.