- Starring: Columbus Short, Regina King
- Summary: This year, Christmas with the Whitfields promises to be one they will never forget. All the siblings have come home for the first time in years and they've brought plenty of baggage with them. As the Christmas tree is trimmed and the lights are hung, secrets are revealed and family bonds are tested. As their lives converge, they join together and help each other discover the true meaning of family. (Sony)… Expand
- Director: Preston A. Whitmore II
- Genre(s): Drama, Comedy, Romance
- More Details and Credits »
JoshuaD.Nov 27, 2007An all around outstanding phenomenal film. I enjoyed every second of the drama, the comedy, and the relation of the modern world this film possesses.
DD.Dec 2, 2007Excellent, the kids can even watch this one.
JoshC.Nov 27, 2007A holiday melodrama suffering from severe bloat, This Christmas concerns the reunion of the Whitfield family, a clan dealing with so many dilemmas that it's a wonder they ever get to sit down for Christmas dinner. They do, of course, and Preston A. Whitmore II's film is best when it focuses on the spirituality of saying pre-meal grace and the ensuing, chatter-filled feasts, instances that exude a genuineness that's otherwise sorely lacking from this overstuffed grab bag of conflicts and romantic affairs. A soldier (Columbus Short) gone AWOL, a jazz saxophonist (Idris Elba) on the run from bookies, a wife (Regina King) dealing with a cheating husband (Laz Alonso), a young man (Chris Brown) yearning to fulfill his dream of being a singer, and a matriarch (Loretta Devine) struggling to keep her family and long-term boyfriend (Delroy Lindo) happy are just a few of the plotlines jammed into this tale's two-hour runtime. Whitmore spends virtually every available second entangling his pleasant but rather clichéd characters in… Expand
- By user score