7.2

1. Sep 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before seeing this movie, I really was one of those consumers who would pick up a DVD and put it back down if it had an NC-17 rating. It wasn't because I was concerned about the content, but because of the misconceptions I had about the quality. Then it turns out that 'pelvic thrusts' can potentially be the only reason for such a labeling... What a joke. What I gathered as being the overall message for this movie is that we are litterally being hearded like sheep by the fatcats of corporate america. Gay hating, racist and priveleged people trying to alter what I find acceptable, because they find something else acceptable. Great job! Expand

It's vital that everyone who cares about film see this documentary.
    Kirby Dick's indispensable guerrilla attack on the film-ratings system gives Hollywood a swift, smart and hilarious kick in its institutional, hypocritical ass.
  3. Dick's strongest points are that these raters receive no training and are given no standards by which to judge movies. Experts in child psychology or media or social studies are not consulted. Nor are they allowed on the board. The days of counting F-words or pelvic thrusts need to end, and in the film's quieter moments, Dick makes this case compellingly.