8.9

1. Nov 1, 2010
    80 mins of pure orgasm.

So good it hold its own genre: Rockumentary. This is so genius. So many laughs and what differentiates it from the usual slapstick comedy is that it feels real and still maintains a decent structure. It is impossible to rate this lower than 10.
  2. Oct 9, 2010
    Brilliant parody of rock music and rock musicians. As mocking and cutting as the movie, it still manages to express show the genre some love. My favorite moment is when David St. Hubbins (Michael McKean), playing and singing on stage, urges Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest) with a nod of his head to come out of the wings and join him on stage. Nigel had quit the band in disgust afterBrilliant parody of rock music and rock musicians. As mocking and cutting as the movie, it still manages to express show the genre some love. My favorite moment is when David St. Hubbins (Michael McKean), playing and singing on stage, urges Nigel Tufnel (Christopher Guest) with a nod of his head to come out of the wings and join him on stage. Nigel had quit the band in disgust after David's meddling wife had attached herself uninvited to the band. Nigel hesitates but then walks across the stage, straps on a guitar and plays in unison with David. It's a special moment in a special film. Expand
  3. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Great movie. My favorite comedy. You owe it to yourself to watch this and laugh your ass off.
  4. Apr 8, 2013
    Not only does this succeed at being a satire of rock bands, it also acts as a satire of documentaries themselves. There are many scenes that are memorable and easily quotable lines. A silly, ridiculous, funny mock-rockumentary.
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first time I saw this it was just an okay movie. But the more I watch it the funnier it gets, the dialog is clever, and the music is hilarious and great to listen to. The interactions between the characters is so well done and feels very real. It may not be a very well known movie but I highly suggest watching it. Expand
  6. Apr 29, 2014
    One of my favorite movie ever. It's witty, funny and clever. They take what could have been a crappy movie and cranked it up to 11. It is fantastic. 11/10

1. Reviewed by: Carmel Dagan
    So intensely funny that the viewer must hang on every word: comic gems spill forth almost continuously.
    Spinal Tap is still on the right side of the fine line between stupid and clever.
    Begs the question: Did the lads from Squatney trail the zeitgeist at every turn, or were cobandleaders David St. Hubbins and Nigel Tufnel simply in touch with their past and ahead of their time?