7.1

1. Jul 15, 2014
    Out of all of the previous comedies to come out by these guys, this could possibly be the best so far. The humour portrayed crosses the lines of referential, slander, foreshadowing, over exaggeration of one’s personalities, and even toilet humour. What makes this story so interesting to follow is that it is simple and it’s “characters” are outstanding as themselves. You would think that a comedy starring 6 A-list comedians would be pretty straightforward. However, there are some very very creative, and sometimes dark, ideas all throughout this movie, filled with overblown personalities and endless cameos that are so short, that they make you want more, but making sure that no idea is overused, thus making it easily the best comedy of the summer to date. Expand
  2. Jul 8, 2014
    Consensus: This Is The End is definitely one of the funniest films i've seen in years, it's over the top, astonishing and insane. 91/100 [A-]

All Jay Baruchel expected coming to LA was a fun time with Seth Rogen with all the wild partying to have both by themselves and at James Franco's housewarming party. Suddenly, the Rapture hits and the Biblical Apocalypse has begun. Now, Jay and
    Seth are desperately sheltering in James' house for rescue along with a few other friends.

Together, they must band together to attempt to survive the end of the world, only for Jay to find that they are all too dumb and superficial to do it until they discover the only way out. First of all "This Is The End" is a big film, lots of moments and so many situations here. These type of movies need a very clever and twisted direction, and this film has it. The cast is impeccable and the chemestry and friendship between the performers are genuine. All the cast is funny and likable, the script is brainless but amazing.

The CGI effects are amazing, the design of the monsters/demons is creepily funny, James Franco, Emma Watson and the whole cast is hilarious. Too many laughs and excessive humor. It's just too much, over the top! hilarious, no more words!. Though the ending is unfunny and unlikable, This Is The End overall, it's one of the most over-the-top and extremely-funny films i've seen my life. [A-] Check out my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx Twitter: @MemoBosque
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Great movie! I thought it was hilarious!! I love all the actors in it and its one of those movies that just doesn't get old! Possibly the best comedy since Shaun of the Dead or the first Anchorman.
  4. Jan 30, 2014
    This Is The End is a movie that really shouldn't have worked, yet had me doubled over laughing for the entire film. The idea of a bunch of Hollywood actors playing exaggerated versions of themselves as a band of survivors in the Biblical Apocalypse sounds like something that should fall flat on its face, but it surprisingly carries the whole way through, in part because the actors look like they're having a ball making it. To say more would risk spoiling some hilarious scenes, so I'll give you some brief non-spoiler comedic highlights: Jonah Hill's shtick as the nicest guy in the world, Jason Siegel lampooning his own role on How I Met Your Mother, Michael Cera as an unapologetic sex and cocaine addict, anything that Craig Robinson does, the fake trailer for Pineapple Express 2, and EVERYTHING involving Emma Watson. So if you're into getting some unapologetically raunchy and ridiculous comedy with a surprising amount of heart, catch it in theaters while you can. That said, approach with caution if you're allergic to the Backstreet Boys because you'll have that stuck in your head after you're done. Expand
  5. Jan 17, 2014
    This Is The End is great very funny good acting story is original although one part they did not need was demons with Dicks really who wants to see that and really It makes the movie not as great as it could have been and probably in 5 years people will forget about this because notable scenes will get cut when this airs on regular Tv or stations won't even show it because of that. Overall I think 21 jump street was the best comedy I seen in a while, this is right up their but not by a lot but it is good the best comedy of 2013 Expand
  6. Dec 28, 2013
    The actors playing pseudo versions of themselves premise is inspired, and This Is The End ranks among the funniest and most outrageous comedies I have seen. Rogen and Goldberg prove themselves more than capable directors, and have crafted one of 2013's best
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do you like art? I like art. This movie “This is the End” is art. As James Franco says, “You’ve ever been to Subway? You order a sandwich, someone put that together for you. That’s art”.
      If you are looking for a great laugh “This is the End” is the movie for you. From beginning to end it is filled with weed, drugs, dick jokes and Seth Rogen laughs. The basic plot revolves around Jay Baruchel who visits from Canada to spend time with one of his best friends, Seth Rogen. Jay is not much of a people person and does not really like the “L.A. lifestyle”. Seth wants Jay to get to know his Hollywood friends so Jay and Rogen go to James Franco party filled with celebrities such as Michael Cera, McLovin, Kevin Hart, Jona Hill, Craig Robinson, and Danny Mcbride. When Jay and Seth decide to walk to the store an earthquake starts and beams of light begin sucking people into the sky. As the ground starts to crumble beneath them, Seth, Jay, Franco, Hill, Craig, and Danny take refuge in James Franco’s newly built house. As they try to figure out what is going on, all six of the friends have to deal with an apocalyptic world and each other in order to stay alive. As the story progresses, everyone’s true feelings about each other surface.
      If I had to take a guess, I believe this is how a celebrity party would go down. Craig Robinson would be playing the piano while Michael Cera does coke and slaps Rihanna’s ass. The actors are essentially playing themselves. In a way, I think this is how their personalities truly are, just exaggerated.
      Some of the things I enjoyed about the movie was the way they foreshadowed certain events. For example, in the beginning Seth and Franco are sitting down during the party discussing a sequel to “Pineapple Express”. Franco says the ending of the movie should involve Franco saving Seth and Danny eating Franco. This is exactly what happens at the end of the movie. Franco sacrifices himself for Seth and eventually gets eaten by cannibal Danny McBride. This brings me to Danny. He is by far the funniest main character. He played the obnoxious friend that people eventually get fed up with.
      Another thing I appreciated was the soundtrack. Each track complemented perfectly with it’s scene. Psy’s ‘Gangam Style’, Backstreet Boys, and Cypress Hill exemplified the diversity within the movie’s music.
      In the end, the friends started to believe the biblical apocalypse was happening. Their goal was to do right by each other in hopes that God will save them and they’ll go to heaven.
      The moral of the story is, no matter what wrong you do you can always make them right. “This is the End” was easily the funniest movie of the summer, possibly, the year. This was the funniest movie I’ve seen in awhile. If you have not seen it yet, I would definitely Redbox or buy it. “This is the End” gets five stars and two thumbs up.
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg hit it out of the park out again. This time, taking the biblical foretelling of the apocalypse and injecting it with weed humor, celebrity cliches, and a whole lot of other fun stuff. We are introduced to fictionalized, exaggerated take offs of their real life counterparts; Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel James Franco, Craig Robinson, Jonah Hill and Danny McBride face off the apocalypse when it comes to James Franco's doorstep, following a house-warming he was throwing for himself.

The film is sprinkled with cameos left in right, one minute you see the coke-head Michael Cera, next you're seeing the dulling-everything-down Jason Segel, and you can't forget the singing-to-explain-everything Rihana. Normally, it would bother me to see something like this happening, but these exaggerated counterparts add the right spice. In their counterparts, Seth Rogen is, obviously, a huge pot-head, Jay Baruchel is a nation-prided Canadian who hates every last minute of being in the US, Jonah Hill is the too-friendly nice guy of the group, James Franco is a self-centered art aficionado, Craig Robinson... is here, and Danny McBride is royally screwing up everyone's crap.

You could tell that nearly every line of this film was improved, Rogen even stated in an interview that "50 percent of it was improvised." But, leaving the movie in the caring hands of such great actors is the right call, I usually like to read scripts of films after seeing them, but I have the strong feeling that I don't need to read this one, as much as I respect source materials, I have to say; whatever Rogen and Goldberg could have even written probably couldn't meet the comedic level broken by this film.
  9. Oct 7, 2013
    OH.MY.GOSH. i just watched the movie, what an awesome one hahah i laughed so freakin' hard definetely one of the best movies of this year so far.. for real.
  10. Oct 2, 2013
    This film had me laughing from start to finish. What a great concept for a film and with the brilliant dialogue, superb performances (especially from Danny McBride), awesome special effects and superb ending, this film stands out in mind as one of the best comedies I've ever seen. It even managed to succeed my high expectations.
  11. Sep 23, 2013
    The movie have funny interpretations of the characters and the turn of events come so fast and so odd lest you have nothing to do but laught. Both the writer and director are genius.
  12. Sep 22, 2013
    Finally an ejoyable comedy with an interresting story to it, too."This Is The End" brings together a large cast of Hollywood stars playing none other than themselves, struggling to survive in James Franco's house after the Apocalypse rains down on Earth.
  13. Sep 21, 2013
    Badass movie, what more can I say. These guys need to keep doing this

If you're waying up whether to watch this or not.. WATCH IT

Get your best friends over and you will have a blast
  14. Sep 15, 2013
    This Is The End: Easily the funniest film of 2013 I haven't seen The World's End yet). This movie was just fantastic, all the actors played their parts very well, the story was surprisingly good for a film like this and at times the film got a bit dark and disturbing. Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel are easily the main characters in this movie and they both are extremely good in this movie, James Franco serves to be a bit of a leader for the film, Craig Robinson is the lovable funny guy, Jonah Hill is awkward and a bit annoying here. The standout character in the film would have to be Danny McBride as a crazy version of himself who really causes all the problems. A few people have some good scenes such as a coked up Michael Cera, an extremely cautious Emma Watson and a really strange appearance from Channing Tatum. All in all this is an extremely entertaining film, if you're a fan of these guys then definitely watch it. 9/10. Expand
  15. Aug 3, 2013
    This is a really funny movie. The whole cast are out of different movies that i really like so i was excited for this and will have to say that it is way better than i thought it be i knew that i would like it but i didnt think that it would this good of a movie. There were some really stuid parts but that is the whole comedy of the movie the stupid parts are the comedy
  16. Jul 29, 2013
    Seth Rogen and company singlehandedly save 2013 from the being the worst year in comedy of the last five. I adore and appreciate This is The End for this reason, and because it was mainly improvised. If you're in the mood for a laugh, check it out.
  17. Jul 12, 2013
    Just watched this film last night and I have to say, well done to Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen. I realize this film isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's not. The humor is raunchy, it's extremely gory and provocative, and most feminists have already tallied all of the rape jokes featured. These traits does not make it a horrible movie by any means. It's actually quite thought provoking. I left the theater thinking how do I treat people? Would I actually be chosen if anything like this happened? Am I being judged by some higher power? I think that speaks a lot about such a film. Something you wouldn't get from most apocalyptic action flicks where the good guy saves the day in the end or someone makes a sacrifice where all of earth is saved. Earth is not saved, it's instead completely inhabited by demons and left to rot along with the remaining horrible people left. It's a fantastic insight into the apocalypse. Also the fact that it's surrounding the lives of a bunch of celebrities makes it that much better. Here's actors who are well loved by fans, who have a ton of money and power, and yet they aren't safe and no number of Oscars are able to keep them from being judged. You can easily judge this film harshly for its content, but what about films like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Scary Movie, or Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny? I just can't see judging a film based off of it's raunchiness when there are plenty of films that are far worse. If anything, that's why there's an R rating to warn you that it's pushing the envelope and that it's not suitable for younger generations so as long as parents respect those, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Expand
  18. Jul 11, 2013
    This is the end review

When was the last time a movie blew your expectations away? And it did it not with lots of drama, emotions or even action, but comedy? Well for me it was a long time ago. And I'll tell you, my expectations where very high about this one. I love Evan Goldberg movies and with the help of Seth Rogen something good had to come out of it.
    So when this movie began I
    was a little worried. Though I cracked up many times at the beginning at at the party sequence there was something missing. And I'm not saying it was bad at all! There where some really funny references with celebrities and coked up Michael Cera was some really funny I'm just saying it was going somewhere different than I expected.
    But ten minutes later the apocalypse started. hit the fan celebrities died and then we got the five friends trapped in James Franco's house. From here the mechanic, the acting, the improvising, the writing just improved by the second. And this lasted till the END of the movie! The chemistry between all of the actors was so natural and the timing of the jokes was so spot on! Danny McBride had some of his funniest scenes that I've seen in his movies in This is the End and Jonah Hill played this version of himself that I just crack up when thinking about it. Of course Franco, Baruchel and Robinson also where hilarious and smartly done. The Emma Watson sequence adds some lady badassery to the movie! And *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* by the time near the ending when they go out of the house and encounter the "new" McBride was my favorite twist in scenery o the movie. The gimp man! I was gagging for air in that scene! When Channing Tatum says like "I loove hiim" I went full on peeing my pants laughter.
    What follows... Celine Dione, The Backstreet Boys did the satyrical part of the movie. The be good do good to go to heaven was smartly written and the awesome never-ending party in the skies was a perfect representation of what we actually would expect heaven to be!
    By the end you had this feeling of having had the best and funniest time watching this awesome ****.
    This movie showed the audience and the industry that we don't need all the cheap hit comedies that use the getting hit in the balls and fart humor that is getting worse by the day. Adam Sandler just got by this movie.
    I hope Rogen and Goldberg keep making these marbles and keep cracking us up. Congrats dudes!
    I'm giving this good time a 10 outta 10.
  19. Jul 10, 2013
    This was a very funny movie and perhaps could have had a perfect rating if it wasn't for Danny McBride. He was the film's biggest problem and I loathed any scenes with him, but McBride aside the film's concept and delivery from the cast was spot on! A lot of the jokes were hilarious and I really enjoyed Craig Robinson, as well as leads Baruchel & Rogen. Sure its silly but in a way that simply works well for the film and I can see a lot of people really enjoying this movie like I did Expand
  20. Jul 8, 2013
    I thought this is the end is a very funny film, I found me and my friends laughing the whole way through, well worth the money. I read a review from the daily mail about this is the end and they gave it 1 star, which is completely despicable. I thought all the character were unbelievably funny, I loved all the characters couldn't of been casted any differently, the critics are stupid just listen to the user reviews and I highly recommend this film easily 9 out of 10:)! Expand
  21. Jul 2, 2013
    This movie was shockingly good. I am decidedly not their target audience (29 year old married female professional) but I was choking with laughter. I saw World War Z immediately after and this movie crushed it. Loved Jay Baruchel, Craig T Robinson and Danny McBride. They were amazing.
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    Very simply an instant classic!! One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. It's ridiculously hilarious!! Based on Seth and Jay vs. The Apocolypse, This Is The End finally hits the big screen. The plot centres around Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill, James Franco, Craig Robinson & Danny McBride, where fictional versions of themselves must deal with the aftermath of an apocalypse! In many ways the film shouldn't work. But believe me it does! It's just genius comedy I mean c'mon there are worse ways to spend an apolocypse than homing up at James Franco's house with a bunch of stoned celebrities! It's such an audacious comedy. Yet it succeeds because of it's creativity. Some of the cameo roles are genius! Rihanna? Emma Watson?! But, the best is Michael Cera. Unmissable!! It's the wildest comedy of the year but something that you truly have to witness for yourself. There really isn't a lot of words that you can use to tell you about this it's one of they films you just have to see for yourself. The dialogue alone is outrageously funny! I haven't laughed naturally so much at a film in a long time. This is the must see comedy film of the year. Make no mistakes, it's daring, rude, crude, smart, inspiring and utterly hilarious. Expand
  23. Jul 2, 2013
    The most original unoriginal movie I've ever seen. I'm not a fan of most comedies, but this movie was one of the rare gems that pop out every now and then. Rogen, Baruchel, Franco, and Robinson are amazing as exaggerated versions of themselves. Truthfully, the movie made me feel like I was watching how myself and some of my bros would deal with the same situation. Excellent film and absolutely hilarious. Expand
  24. Jun 30, 2013
    Any movie as crude as this one will not receive great reviews. Don't let that put you off. The whole cinema was laughing out loud at least once every five minutes. Massively entertaining, and refreshingly conjured.
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    The funniest movie I have seen in a long time. I was a big fan of Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen especially before this and they were funny as hell, but not a patch on Danny McBride, he was on another level of funny. I also enjoyed the fact they played themselves and were able to just rip the hell out of each other, you wouldn't see many Hollywood actors doing that.

Go see this movie, now.
  26. Jun 29, 2013
    Little did I expect This is the End would become my favourite film of 2013 so far and perhaps even one of my favourite comedies of all time. The dialogue is spot on, every joke hits and hits hard and somehow each scene was funnier than the last! A must see.
  27. Jun 28, 2013
    I am not a Seth Rogen fan, however, this movie is truly a great funny comedy. This movie is not going to win any Oscars but it is damn funny.

Everyone plays themselves, or should I say a version of themselves, in this comedy gem from director Seth Rogen. The movie is an end of days apocalypse movie with a message about what it means to be an honest and good person. As Seth Rogen and
    company venture through the impending doom and rapture, they encounter everything from beasts and exorcisms to one pissed off Hermione. Speaking of which, the cameos in this film are all great and get pretty decent screen time too. I had pretty low expectations going into this film but I can safely say this is a DVD purchase and it has tremendous rewatchability with tons of quotable one liners.

Watch for Danny McBride, who is this film's scene stealer and delivers probably one of the best laugh out loud moments I've had in a long time. He is an underrated comedic genius in this movie.

I highly recommend this movie to be seen in the movie theater and worth the price of admission. It might be the best comedy of the year.
  28. Jun 26, 2013
    This hysterical and witty play of Armageddon is tremendously undervalued. "This is the End" will have you laughing and leaving you wanting more. The trailers for this movie led me into believing that this was going to be a mindless comedy but I was pleasantly surprised of the wittiness of James Franco, Danny McBride and company. The only thing I would change about this comedic film is less Jay and more Danny. Expand
  29. Jun 24, 2013
    Easily makes my top 5 list of comedies, Just go see the movie, you'll love it.

30. Jun 24, 2013
    This is literally the funniest movie I have ever seen in my life. With it's cast, I expected no less. You best bet I'll see it again before it leaves theaters!
  31. Jun 24, 2013
    Consistently funny from beginning to end, with a lot of self-deprecating humor. I loved the finale with a particular musical cue that was gut splitting. I think the thing I appreciate most, was the attention to technical detail that the filmmakers gave to crafting this gem. It would have been easy to have low grade special effects, but all of the visual effects work was solid, which only enhances this masterpiece. Michael Cera, and Danny McBride really steal the show, never failing to skewer their own image, or really go there with being despicable and hedonistic. This is one for the ages. Well done, Seth Rogen! Expand
  32. Jun 23, 2013
    this movie is absolutely hilarious! James Franco leads the acting with a hilarious and unforgettable performance. Seth, Jay, and Craig are hilarious, and Michael Cera was shockingly brazen, as opposed to shy in the majority of his film work.
  33. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "This is the End" is a laugh riot. Has Seth Rogen ever been in a bad movie? His lowest rated movie per RottenTomatoes is "The Watch" (16%), but I thought that was a pretty funny and entertaining movie. I think "The Green Hornet" is the limpest of the bunch. I you are offended by that adjective, you definitely should NOT watch this movie as there are more male body/sex/potty jokes than I've seen in any other movie in my lifetime (and I am old enough to remember Porky's).

At face value, it seems like it would be pretty hard to screw this movie up with Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, Michael Cera and a dozen others playing themselves during the "Apocalypse." Even Rihanna and Harry Potter's Emma-freaking-Watson have extended cameos. There is one cameo that is so absurd and crazy that it would be a major spoiler to reveal it.

Speaking of spoiler alerts, you'd think that the cause of the Apocalypse wouldn't be revealed, but that hasn't been the case with one reviewer mentioning that it as a literal interpretation of the Bible's Book of Revelations. You're at least 45 minutes into the movie before they reveal what is really happening (unless you are, or were, raised Catholic. Then you get it pretty early on).

Yeah, it's also a riff on the egocentricity of Hollywood celebrities, but who really cares unless you are an avid reader of TMZ or Perez Hilton. The real brilliance is in the dialogue, a ton of which has to be ad-lib/improv. There are so many jokes in this movie told in the context of the story it would fill a TV comedy series for multiple seasons.

This is a two-hour comedy movie. Do they make any comedy movie that long? I just hope it has a "Lord of the Rings" style Extended Edition on DVD.
  34. Jun 21, 2013
    This Is the End is one of the best comedies I've watched in a long time. It's basically celebrities (comedians in particular) playing themselves, making fun of themselves, during the apocalypse. There are some of the best cameos around, and right off the bet there's a joke about Seth Rogen. Every star gets their fair share of screen time and has a personality established for them. This is by no means a comedy for the mature, there are penis jokes galore, but the cast is so damn funny you'll smile throughout the entire movie and have tons of laughs. The overall message is pretty simple and the movie is somewhat predictable, but at the end of the day I went to this movie to laugh, and I laughed my ass off and it's been one of the best crude comedies I've seen in a long time. Expand
  35. Jun 21, 2013
    An absurd comedy that is laugh out loud funny. Sometimes you sit in the ocean ready to surf a wave and you sit there all day; this movie catches the wave and provides a most satisfying ride. The main stars in it are in virtually every scene,no bit roles here. Their relationships, self absorption and glean into Hollywood mentality brew together as a comedic roller coaster. Yes there are a few scenes that are less than, but what comedy doesn't? Overall this film is definitely worth the time and price of admission. Expand
  36. Jun 21, 2013
    Haven't laughed this hard in a long time. It's raunchy, vulgar and immature which is exactly what I expected. Anyone scoring this film at less than 6 out of 10 is likely clinically dead.
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    This is one of the funniest movies I have seen in forever. I laughed throughout the entire movie to the point of tummy aching and tears running. Don't read anything about the movie beforehand...don't watch the trailers...just go see it. The surprises are the best part and there are many. Brilliant cast, hilarious concept, fantastically funny. Seriously...go see and eff these idiots who gave this movie a zero. Expand
  38. Jun 19, 2013
  39. Jun 19, 2013
    Best comedy I've seen in a long time. Last year's blockbuster comedy, Ted, was hilarious, but was tedious. This is the years Blockbuster comedy, This Is The End, was written & directed by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, was excellent. Some people complain about the story, but come on.... its a comedy, stop taking it so serious. Anyway, best comedy you'll see this year. I guarantee it.
  40. Jun 19, 2013
    This Is the End has a great cast and delivers from start to finish. If you are a fan of the movies that these actors make you will laugh your ass off. Must watch.
  41. Jun 18, 2013
    This movie was straight up hilarious. I went with my dull brother and he "laughed a couple of times." I humor is just one of those things I'll never understand...not understand how some people view it.
  42. Jun 18, 2013
    Good friends Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel go to a party at James Franco's. While they're there, the apocalypse happens. This leave them (plus Jonah Hill, Danny McBride & Craig Robinson) alone to survive as disaster and the Devil overtake. A liberal sprinkling of celeb cameos adds to the fun. Watching this posse of self-involved, insult-spewing, wimps as they panic and offend provides lots of quick-fire laffs. Much of the humor is absurd, wacky and plenty raunchy, which makes it even more hilarious. Expand
  43. Jun 17, 2013
    Seeing how this movie got rated by critics 68/100 and users 80/100 just shows how out of touch critics are. How can someone review a movie if they have seen a billion of them and are almost completely jaded?

Anyways, funniest movie I have ever seen right alongside The Great Dictator, Zack and Miri make a porno and 21 Jump Street. Lots of raunchy, offensive humor and sexual jokes. Plenty
    of memorable scenes that will pop up in your mind as you go about in your day, or you may incorporate them in a joke. One of the first movies I have ever seen that I want to go see AGAIN. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Craig Robinson are an unstoppable duo in comedies.

44. Jun 17, 2013
    Drags a little bit and like almost every comedy ever misses at times, but for what it's trying to be this is hilarious especially. Best enjoyed not sober (use your imagination). If you think movies like Big Lebowski, Pineapple Express, Pulp Fiction, SuperBad, ZombieLand, Shaun of the Dead, Half Baked, Will Ferrell at his best are funny to hilarious you'll enjoy this a ton
  45. Jun 16, 2013
    I adored this movie. I never stopped laughing. The humor is raunchy as hell, but it's not the shock, it's the truth of how people would react in these circumstances that makes it great. And there's actually a real sweetness to it. I came out of the movie inspired and still laughing to myself. If you liked Superbad, Pineapple Express, or Tropic Thunder, you should really enjoy this.
  46. Jun 15, 2013
    Easily one of the best comedies I've seen in recent memory, and i'm the type of movie fan that goes to see everything. Also, best ending to a comedy ever.
  47. Jun 15, 2013
    Ranchy, asinine, and nauseating throughout, "This Is The End" may not be for some who are easily offended, but it's most assuredly one of the uniquely hilarious black comedies I have ever seen.
  48. Jun 15, 2013
    Went to see this with a mixed crowd of folks, age-wise, and all of us agreed it's one of the funniest comedies in a long while. It's a fun ride, and I want to take it again!

The movie works on a bunch of levels: comedy, horror, thriller, spiritual (really) and bromance. Big smile on my face. It's not just a stoner flick.

Also, a call out to the writing. Tight script.
  49. Jun 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The funniest film I've seen in a long time. This is what an R rated comedy should be like not playing safe andjust going for it. The cameos in this film are also fantastic from Emma Watson to coked out Michael Cera to Channing Tatum this film is hilarious. Expand
  50. Jun 14, 2013
    Although I tend to enjoy the collaborations of the 'Judd Apatow' crew anyway, this movie actually exceeded my expectations significantly (if not based on Danny McBride's performance alone). In a year that had until now nothing but lackluster comedic releases, there's finally one worth going to.
  51. Jun 13, 2013
    Excerpt from the blog: tilfilmdouspart.blogspot.ca

Although the film had a very thin script, it is full of laughs and has outrageous gags that works in the end for a very enjoyable film. I would not recommend this movie to people easily offended though, for me, the offensive is hilarious. Reportedly Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (the co-directors) had a running joke on set to see how
    many people would say "I can't do that", Seth was the only person to not say so. The movie provided an interesting insight into a Hollywood party that isn't real but makes you wonder how some celebrities are in real life. For example, is Michael Cera really a coke head that slaps women's butts and has a huge penis(per Mindy Kaling's opinion), doubtful but fun to imagine.

At the heart of this film is the bromance between Jay and Seth and to a lesser extent Seth and James. I felt that Jay's character got too bad of a rap for the first 2/3 of the movie. He is described by everyone else as self righteous, to me he just appeared to not enjoy himself but due to this labeling he seems to move into the role later on. Their story is somewhat sad though, watching two old friends drift apart.

Some not so great parts. At 107 minutes, the movie felt as long as it was. For Rogen and Goldberg's first foray into directing it wasn't anything special from a direction aspect. The film benefited mostly from the script written by the two and the performances from the group. That it is for parts I did not like about it. It was that enjoyable.

I would highly recommend seeing this movie. The laughs are nonstop, the cameos are epic and the movie is somewhat believable in how the cast would react to the apocalypse. 9/10

-Hailey

Edited by Josh.
  52. Jun 12, 2013
    This Is the End is by far one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. First off, the movie does something that hasn't really been done in a comedy. It is actually portrayed as if it is real life and the actors are played as themselves. This does sound very gimmicky and seems like something that may not work out right, but this movie plays it off very well. But this movie is pretty over the top, but not to over the top as many of the other Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, etc. movies can be....well except the last part. So many laughs here and there. And going into the movie, I did not know that Jay Baruchel was like the main main person, but it works out nicely as well. Other than that, I think the movie is amazing, the only downside for me was the very end. It's just a little too cheesy for me. But that's just me. Expand
  53. Jun 12, 2013
    Great movie! Everyone in the cast did an awesome job but I especially loved Michael Cera's performance. Laugh out loud funny from beginning to end. The fact that it's the apocalypse and not some global disaster is a nice change of pace. If you are fan of any of these guys at all you must see this movie! Go now!
  54. Jun 12, 2013
    I never write reviews, but this movie is an instant classic. The creativity and the improvisation are, as always, big parts of what make the movie work. But also just the sheer joy of watching Hollywood's lovable actors cooped up in one house with one each other during an invasion make this movie sure a memorable time at the theaters. "This Is the End" is a perfect watch throughout the strand of disappointing comedies as of late. Maybe its because of the lack of creativity in Hollywood or because it really is sheer genius, "This Is the End" is the funniest movie I can remember watching in the theaters. Must see. Expand
  55. Jun 12, 2013
    Instant classic. This movie is so funny, so outrageous, so filled with energy you should put Man of Steel and every other movie on hold. Do yourself a huge favor and just go see it.
  56. Jun 12, 2013
    From Superbad to Pineapple Express and now This is the End, the West Coast writing duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have specialized in movies about modern bro-ships. In with their new apocalyptic comedy This is The End, friendships are strained as never before and yet the calamity always starts from a kernel of truth. A prank for TMZ-obsessed times, This is the End features a galaxy of stars playing themselves, like a Mad Magazine parody brought to life. The story starts simply Montrealer Jay Baruchel flies to L.A. to meet up with his Canadian homey Seth Rogen. Baruchel is looking forward to a quiet evening of dope and Xbox but Rogen wants to hang with his hip Hollywood friends. James Franco's having a party at his new pad. And so the dynamic is set. Rogen as the mellow peacemaker Baruchel as the reluctant insider who never really belongs. So we see Franco playing it up as the pretentious poser, his Hollywood digs covered in his latest art acquisitions. Jonah Hill comes off as a polite, but snide, social climber, with a gaudy diamond to accent his d-bag status. Craig Robinson just wants to chill, appearing as a towel-slinging Romeo looking to ride out his last days. In terms of just what is occurring in This is the End, I don't want to reveal too much, but let's just say it gets Biblical. In terms of pure schadenfreude, it's unlikely you've seen this many famous faces fall to their death since The Poseidon Adventure. But the breezy 1970s disaster movie production values give the carnage an almost campy feel. Like a demonic cross between The Hangover and Ghostbusters, This is the End works because the comedy springs from an emotional truth. Every riff seems to come from the question "What would I do now?" Like so many Seth/Evan collaborations the action is anchored around the friendship in this case between Seth and Jay. It might sound dull, but in a comedy filled with dangling demon parts and hell hounds, it helps to be grounded. It's that mix of improv, irreverence and reality-based beginnings that makes This is the End a comedic revelation. Expand
  57. Jun 12, 2013
    Man, oh Man! This movie was way different than I thought it would be. It is extremely hilarious and fun/enjoyable to watch. It's weird how, the story (in a sense) is kind of unoriginal. I mean, it's an apocalypse movie. But when you combine it with a story where the actors play exaggerated versions of themselves in the same situation, you have one killer movie. Everyone in this movie was awesome and funny. Let me also say this. Craig Robinson, you've had a rough start this year, but I'm happy to say that you've redeemed yourself. Your officially on my good side once again. Also, the story and the humor mixed in is surprisingly clever. Plus the fact that they also mention stuff from there other movies as well. Like James Franco's fake arm from "127 Hours" and Danny ranting on Seth's previous roles. If you don't know what I mean by that, watch the teaser trailer. I even loved Emma Watson in this movie. Yet, she's not really a full blown cameo, but all the time she was in this movie, I loved her. But the best part of this movie was Micheal Cera. I've never really been a big fan of him, but now I can say that even though he wasn't in the movie very long, he was f-ing awesome for the time he was in the movie. I've been so excited to see this movie, and now that it's hear, I'm glad that it was an amazing movie. Overall, it's an original/outrageously hilarious apocalypse movie. Expand
  58. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie is absolutely hilarious. Extremely raunchy and crude, but funny at every turn it takes. Go see it if you want to laugh! As for the best actor, everybody is good, but Danny McBride, Franco and Hill take the cake.
  59. Jun 12, 2013
    Laugh out loud funny. Ridiculous situations bringing only more ridiculous laughter. Hilarious in every way. Rude, crude, and gut busting. A must see.
  60. Jun 12, 2013
    The straight-up End of Days has a nice way of bringing out the real deal of many people, and in this film is certainly so for a small cadre of actors. If you've seen Seth's works before, particularly Superbad and Pineapple Express, chances are you'll enjoy this movie.

Rapture comes calling, and these few survivors are stuck in Franco's tacky mansion forced to learn how the new age of
    the world works, if they can figure out how to live with each other, and how exactly to find more sustenance without wandering outside too much, if they can help it.

Plenty of laughs, slightly horrifying imagery (so many phalli, don't bring the kids) and a metric butt-ton of cameos it's definitely one of my new favorite films.

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Jul 3, 2013
    This apocalypse isn’t a nightmare so much as the ultimate bromantic fantasy, one in which – with the removal of any responsibility – the boys are free to bicker, banter, and bed down together.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Jun 29, 2013
    No comedy classic, then, but a good natured and engaging slice of goonish self-mockery.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 29, 2013
    Some funny stuff, but a rental/download only.