7.2

1. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie does not have enough action and the humor is not so funny but there is some good parts and some funny moments.The worst part of the movie is at the end of the movie when they are in the heaven,this is so random.But it stays a good movie to watch. Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2014
    Not perfect, but still pretty darn funny. It's crude, rude, occasionally offensive, often disgusting, and totally inappropriate. It often trips and stumbles over itself, but when the stars are making fun of themselves and their careers it's not hard to laugh. Admittedly a lot of the shock-humor moments fall short, but the cameos make up for it. Overall I enjoyed laughing at it. even if it isn't always the funniest movie out there. Expand
  3. Feb 20, 2014
    A pile of steaming crap, sadly. It's just a hall of fame (sort of) of good to 'meh' actors or producers (writers, nobodies, etc.) having fun in a movie that has a plot written on glass of water's coaster - because the person who wrote this hack must be as boring as someone who drinks the same liquid he pisses into.
    $32.000.000 budget movie with 95% spent on convincing people they will not
    blow their career's path or, maybe for the desperate ones, making it any better.

Anybody and i repeat, anybody giving this puke puddle more than a 7 isn't probably a human being because being drunk and/or stupid and/or a fanboy can be an excuse but even the 3 combined couldn't reach the level of foulness it requires to glorify this mistake.

It makes me sick that this .. THING won awards, ergh.
  4. Feb 14, 2014
    As a whole I though it was enjoyable, but perhaps a bit too over the top at times. The first two thirds of the movie are priceless, filled with funny as hell moments that make this movie worth seeing. But the last third and it start going a bit on the stupid side, practically shattering the vibe set before. Overall: While I was disappointed with the end, I still though it was fun to watch.

Side Note:
    Emma Watson kicks ass! A shame she wasn't in it more.
  5. Feb 13, 2014
    Great movie! I thought it was hilarious!! I love all the actors in it and its one of those movies that just doesn't get old! Possibly the best comedy since Shaun of the Dead or the first Anchorman.
  6. Feb 7, 2014
    This is the End es una película bastante satírica, filmada de una manera muy poco madura, con un humor negro y crudo, la profanidad cruza sus límites, hay fiestas, hay actores graciosos y con talento, hay severas obscenidades a religión y, lo más importante, risas sin parar.
    Recomendaría This is the End a las personas que disfrutan del humor negro (así como yo) y entonces la disfrutarán
    mucho y tendrán muchas carcajadas, además el reparto que se interpreta a sí mismo es delicioso y bien actuado (supuestamente porque no es muy difícil actuar como uno mismo). Gran comedia. Expand
  7. Feb 1, 2014
    Now when a bunch of celebrities meet up, dope themselves to mammoth highs, and then decide to have a whale of a time by making a fully ad-libbed film, who am I to bash them? It’s just that the yield of this frenzy cannot possible be enjoyed as long as the same jag isn’t reached by the audiences. Thus, if drugs aren’t your cup of tea, This Is the End won’t be either. Scatological humour, downright terrible special effects, unbearable cheesiness, and drugs and gore in superfluous abundance pile up to one of the hugest disappointments the film year 2013 has held for me. Expand
  8. Jan 30, 2014
    This Is the End starts out hilarious, fresh and has the makings of a great movie. As the movie gets into its final third, it starts to drag a little bit and the high begins to wear off, but overall the actors were vey funny and the film itself was enjoyable.
  9. Jan 30, 2014
    This Is The End is a movie that really shouldn't have worked, yet had me doubled over laughing for the entire film. The idea of a bunch of Hollywood actors playing exaggerated versions of themselves as a band of survivors in the Biblical Apocalypse sounds like something that should fall flat on its face, but it surprisingly carries the whole way through, in part because the actors look like they're having a ball making it. To say more would risk spoiling some hilarious scenes, so I'll give you some brief non-spoiler comedic highlights: Jonah Hill's shtick as the nicest guy in the world, Jason Siegel lampooning his own role on How I Met Your Mother, Michael Cera as an unapologetic sex and cocaine addict, anything that Craig Robinson does, the fake trailer for Pineapple Express 2, and EVERYTHING involving Emma Watson. So if you're into getting some unapologetically raunchy and ridiculous comedy with a surprising amount of heart, catch it in theaters while you can. That said, approach with caution if you're allergic to the Backstreet Boys because you'll have that stuck in your head after you're done. Expand
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I also thought this movie would be a winner considering the actors involved. However, I was truly disappointed and shocked at some scenes.

Any truly hilarious moments were completely overshadowed by scenes containing demons with large penis's, cum, and/or rape. The end segment in heaven softened the blow a little and there were some really funny moments but overall this was a disappointment. If they would have taken out the shocking scenes this movie would have been a winner but instead they choose to shock and awe which cost them some longtime fans.
  11. Jan 17, 2014
    This Is The End is great very funny good acting story is original although one part they did not need was demons with Dicks really who wants to see that and really It makes the movie not as great as it could have been and probably in 5 years people will forget about this because notable scenes will get cut when this airs on regular Tv or stations won't even show it because of that. Overall I think 21 jump street was the best comedy I seen in a while, this is right up their but not by a lot but it is good the best comedy of 2013 Expand
  12. Jan 13, 2014
    I really like Jonah Hill, a great actor, has made many films that I liked, the good of this movie is that it has many well-known actors, this film also met Seth Rogen, too many unknowns, but the problem is that this film offends religion the other because I do not believe in paradise will have sex and drugs party, believe in paradise will be a place where only people who redeemed their sins as they did go there, but I believe that getting there will not have this kind of thing as well? will commit the same sins again? Expand
  13. Jan 5, 2014
    The first 20 minutes or so was okay but not nearly good enough to justify the rest of the movie that followed. It was painfully long, unfunny, and predictable, completely failing at being a parody or whatever the hell it was trying to be.
  14. Jan 4, 2014
    Esta pelicula me gusto, tuvo comedia."This Is the End" es una comedia apocaliptica que no se muestra inteligente como los otros filmes de Seth Rogen, pero que es capaz de sacarte algunas risas.
  15. Jan 3, 2014
    This Is The End is hilarious and has one of the funniest endings to a movie since Life of Brian. I hope Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are planning another movie to direct.
  16. Jan 1, 2014
    The funniest comedy in years, and has a great original idea. I think it makes it all the better because everyone in it plays themselves. It's funny because they point out and exaggerate things about each other, and they all feel like friends who get on each others nerves. Hilarious and original movie!

This is the End gets an 8.4/10
  17. Dec 28, 2013
    The actors playing pseudo versions of themselves premise is inspired, and This Is The End ranks among the funniest and most outrageous comedies I have seen. Rogen and Goldberg prove themselves more than capable directors, and have crafted one of 2013's best
  18. Dec 28, 2013
    What a terrible movie. okay so the big mistake was using the real actors names. this was misleading because the actors are NOT playing themselves. they pretend that they are, but are really just acting like brain-dead stoners. really weird, unrealistic acting, not funny at all. really disappointing, i was exited for this one too.
  19. Dec 27, 2013
    Saying this pathetic movie was targeted to a younger generation would be insulting to their intelligence. I am shocked that the actors were playing "themselves." Hilarious? Not by a long shot unless you giggle at references to a penis and banter about rape. Enjoyable? Hand me the Tums please. Of course in reality these actors are actually more intelligent than the characters they portrayed in the movie. Right? Expand
  20. Dec 23, 2013
    This movie was different from the others. It was total chaos but due to the cumulative magnitude of some of the best comedians, this movie was saved. Otherwise, it was ok...
  21. Dec 18, 2013
    This is the End is very certainly a fun and entertaining film, providing plenty of laughs and amusing celebrity cameos. Even though I liked the film, it is definitely flawed; some of the humour fell flat (most of them worked though), I didn't necessarily care for any of the characters (actors) and there is plenty of cheap CG. But in the end (pun intended), This is the End is an enjoyable comedy that is worth watching, even if it is flawed. Expand
  22. Dec 16, 2013
    It is appalling that the actors and people associated with this film's existence make as much money as they do. This is the most sac religious movie I have ever seen. These people sold their soul to the devil for money and fame. This movie makes me never want to watch a movie starring Seth Rogan, James Franco and the rest of the cast. I have respect for actors that use discretion when choosing roles. These guys clearly don't care or enjoy being blasphemous. This movie was not even worth the $1.20 to rent it from RedBox. More importantly, I can't get back the time I WASTED watching this garbage. Expand
  23. Dec 12, 2013
    To be honest, the jokes are mediocre and sometimes just stupid. I would only recommend this if you're a fan of these guys, then no doubt you'll like it.
  24. Dec 11, 2013
    So hilarious and very fun to watch. This movie had me and my family laughing so hard. it wasn't really what i thought it would be so it really took me by a whole lot of surprises. it was very random like a comedy movie should be for my taste of opinion.
  25. Dec 9, 2013
    Starts off well, but by the middle I wish this movie was at its end. The story is actually pretty boring. I found myself drifting off, not even realizing what was happening. Something about the direction was unappealing, and it just was not as funny as it could have been.
  26. Nov 28, 2013
    I feel like I should be enjoying it, but I just can't. The jokes only appeal to immature man-children and idiot teenagers. The entire movie is just "DRUGS R COOL XD" and a bunch of juvenile humour designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. An absolutely terrible movie; I had never been a fan of James Franco or Seth Rogen but this just cements my opinion of them being awful actors.
  27. Nov 25, 2013
    I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. A mega party of celebrities at James Franco's house goes awfully wrong when the Apocalypse strikes.

Just when you think you've got the movie figured out, it twists and surprises again. It makes you laugh even when people are dying all around. The celebrities play their own parodied selves_ backstabbing, lying, cheating at every turn. You think
    you can spot the good ones until they do not conform to God's minimal standard of being raised into Heaven and saved from the demons. And sometimes the ones you think are going to get the worst of it redeem themselves and are saved.

The mood is comic even with the fires of hell burning all around and everything going to s***. The concept of the Apocalypse is taken from the Bible and adjusted for comedy, but the bad guys still pay and the good ones still make it to Heaven. I don't get the people hating on this. If you're so afraid of being challenged out of your comfort zones, maybe you should stick to the feel-good movies where you might always be able to predict everything and feel so safe as not to be amazed at all.
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Despite its gross-out humor that might lead to some audiences being turned off, This is The End is a funny satire movie about the end of the world with its funny ensemble cast and cameos.
  29. Nov 19, 2013
    Imagine all comedic actors, or at least a good portion of them, now, think of them reciting profanity in 2 hour movie, now, think of 'This Is The End'. Now, it's up to you to say if this is good or not.
  30. Nov 14, 2013
    A hilarious film which isn't anything special, but it delivers laughs. I mean ,the humor is the thing here, because it fails with the relatively generic plot. But a lot of surprises and a lot of laughs await in this solid movie.
    Don't except something ground-braking, because this movie honestly isn't. But if you like humor and weirdness, I recommend this movie. (Final Score: 6.95)

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Jul 3, 2013
    This apocalypse isn’t a nightmare so much as the ultimate bromantic fantasy, one in which – with the removal of any responsibility – the boys are free to bicker, banter, and bed down together.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Jun 29, 2013
    No comedy classic, then, but a good natured and engaging slice of goonish self-mockery.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 29, 2013
    Some funny stuff, but a rental/download only.