Columbia Pictures | Release Date: June 12, 2013
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 735 Ratings
Watch Now
MichaelbJul 17, 2013
This Is the End offers a solid cast with some outrageous and witty moments that will have you laughing. All the actors have great chemistry and for the most part are real likable. If you like cameos, references, crude humor and apocalypse'sThis Is the End offers a solid cast with some outrageous and witty moments that will have you laughing. All the actors have great chemistry and for the most part are real likable. If you like cameos, references, crude humor and apocalypse's then this movie is for you. But if you're into a little more clever along with less blunt and immature humor, you might have to look elsewhere. Expand
IAmVeryMoistJun 21, 2013
Every year we get a whole new lot of comedies rolling out into cinemas. Rarely ever do they do what "This Is the End" does. "This Is the End" dares to be different, without losing sight of being absolutely side splittingly hilarious!

Seth

Seth Rogen, Craig Robinson, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, Michael Cera, Emma Watson and many many others all join together to create one of the funniest comedies I have seen to date. Personally for me after reading the cast for this movie I was very hesitant as most movies with all star casts tend to crash and burn under their own weight (ex. Movie 43). Luckily however, this is really just a bunch of friends getting together to make a hysterical movie and on that it succeeds brilliantly.

It's refreshing that the plot of this movie does not stick to most of the comedies structures that we see all the time, recent example "The Internship". The movie hardly ever takes itself seriously, aside from some scary and graphic scenes. But even then you'll be laughing almost immediately after. The great thing about this movie is that the plot had key points in which the actors would have to get to to progress the story but other than that every line is essentially ad libbed and improved based on all the actors just playing off each other.

Easily the best part of this movie is the inside jokes about the actors. For example James Franco makes jokes and references to his movies such as "127 Hours" and even references to his work with Seth Rogen in "Pineapple Express" and several other movies. You don't need to know their past work but it definitely will increase your appreciation for this movie.

Overall, I can't say for sure that if you don't like any of the actors involved that you will enjoy yourself. But I can say that it is one of the most original and down right raunchy comedies I have seen in a long while. All of the actor's "playing themselves" worked wonderfully and it was a roller coaster of laughs from start to finish.

I give "This Is the End" a 8.0/10
ThatCooperGuyNov 23, 2015
Most of Seth Rogen's & Evan Goldberg's filmography can be some very solid stuff, but this time around they've gotten the director's chair, giving them more creative control. As a result, "This Is The End" not only passes being a good comedy,Most of Seth Rogen's & Evan Goldberg's filmography can be some very solid stuff, but this time around they've gotten the director's chair, giving them more creative control. As a result, "This Is The End" not only passes being a good comedy, but a good MOVIE as well. Brandon Trost's cinematography is great and the dialogue between the actors can be noticeably ad-libbed, but it feels very genuine since just about everyone turns in a brilliant performance. This was the first mainstream movie that portrayed actors as, well, normal people. They're imperfect and don't always have an answer to everything, it helps them become much more relatable as people. Some of them play exaggerated versions of themselves that's very fun to watch and it's pretty obvious that they're having a blast doing so. This movie is very re-watchable and it's certainly the best movie Seth and Evan have put out. I love it. Expand
Movie1997Jun 12, 2013
Man, oh Man! This movie was way different than I thought it would be. It is extremely hilarious and fun/enjoyable to watch. It's weird how, the story (in a sense) is kind of unoriginal. I mean, it's an apocalypse movie. But when you combineMan, oh Man! This movie was way different than I thought it would be. It is extremely hilarious and fun/enjoyable to watch. It's weird how, the story (in a sense) is kind of unoriginal. I mean, it's an apocalypse movie. But when you combine it with a story where the actors play exaggerated versions of themselves in the same situation, you have one killer movie. Everyone in this movie was awesome and funny. Let me also say this. Craig Robinson, you've had a rough start this year, but I'm happy to say that you've redeemed yourself. Your officially on my good side once again. Also, the story and the humor mixed in is surprisingly clever. Plus the fact that they also mention stuff from there other movies as well. Like James Franco's fake arm from "127 Hours" and Danny ranting on Seth's previous roles. If you don't know what I mean by that, watch the teaser trailer. I even loved Emma Watson in this movie. Yet, she's not really a full blown cameo, but all the time she was in this movie, I loved her. But the best part of this movie was Micheal Cera. I've never really been a big fan of him, but now I can say that even though he wasn't in the movie very long, he was f-ing awesome for the time he was in the movie. I've been so excited to see this movie, and now that it's hear, I'm glad that it was an amazing movie. Overall, it's an original/outrageously hilarious apocalypse movie. Expand
LuckilyCursedJun 12, 2013
The straight-up End of Days has a nice way of bringing out the real deal of many people, and in this film is certainly so for a small cadre of actors. If you've seen Seth's works before, particularly Superbad and Pineapple Express, chancesThe straight-up End of Days has a nice way of bringing out the real deal of many people, and in this film is certainly so for a small cadre of actors. If you've seen Seth's works before, particularly Superbad and Pineapple Express, chances are you'll enjoy this movie.

Rapture comes calling, and these few survivors are stuck in Franco's tacky mansion forced to learn how the new age of the world works, if they can figure out how to live with each other, and how exactly to find more sustenance without wandering outside too much, if they can help it.

Plenty of laughs, slightly horrifying imagery (so many phalli, don't bring the kids) and a metric butt-ton of cameos it's definitely one of my new favorite films.
Hagani96Jun 12, 2013
I never write reviews, but this movie is an instant classic. The creativity and the improvisation are, as always, big parts of what make the movie work. But also just the sheer joy of watching Hollywood's lovable actors cooped up in one houseI never write reviews, but this movie is an instant classic. The creativity and the improvisation are, as always, big parts of what make the movie work. But also just the sheer joy of watching Hollywood's lovable actors cooped up in one house with one each other during an invasion make this movie sure a memorable time at the theaters. "This Is the End" is a perfect watch throughout the strand of disappointing comedies as of late. Maybe its because of the lack of creativity in Hollywood or because it really is sheer genius, "This Is the End" is the funniest movie I can remember watching in the theaters. Must see. Expand
AwesomeReviewerJul 2, 2013
"This is the End" is a highly original meta-comedy that puts well known actors into an apocalyptic world. It’s self-referential and the actors essentially play an exaggerated version of themselves. The film is filled with strong creative"This is the End" is a highly original meta-comedy that puts well known actors into an apocalyptic world. It’s self-referential and the actors essentially play an exaggerated version of themselves. The film is filled with strong creative writing with a lot of laughs. The themes are about being a good person and sacrificing yourself for something greater. The punches keep rolling, only slowing down in a few spots. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s direction is pretty good. They handle spectacle and slow moments very well. I really enjoy how this film manages to throw curve balls once in a while and have the audience on their toes as the movie gets bigger.

The actors play an exaggerated version of themselves. Jay Baruchel is the main character and fights for his friendship with Seth Rogen over James Franco and has a rivalry between Jonah Hill, who is the funniest amongst the whole crew. The cast has great chemistry together as they play off each other very well and you can get a pretty good vibe that these guys are actually friends in real life. They’re all jerks and have to deal with judgment day as they attempt to survive and become better human beings. There are some great cameos from other actors in the film. The best would have to be Emma Watson as she plays a version of herself that we aren’t really used to. The only person that I didn’t like is Danny McBride. He’s annoying and aside from his introduction isn’t all too funny. The cast as a whole is pretty strong and work well together to bring us the laughs.

Overall “This is the End" is an excellent and highly original comedy. It’s extremely funny and smart filled with slapstick, situational, and self-referential humor. The laughs keep coming and only slows down a few times in the beginning and some parts in the middle. The special effects are handled well and the soundtrack supports the film very well. The actors have a fun time playing tabloid versions of themselves and play off each other very effectively. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s script is top-notch and they greatly handle the ever growing scale of the film. I give it 4/5, original and great premise accompanied by a committed cast and laugh out loud humor.
BrianMcCriticJun 14, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The funniest film I've seen in a long time. This is what an R rated comedy should be like not playing safe andjust going for it. The cameos in this film are also fantastic from Emma Watson to coked out Michael Cera to Channing Tatum this film is hilarious. Expand
LogicBombJun 22, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really should stop doing reviews a week later. "This is the End" is an apocalyptic comedy film that ask one important question. Can a movie be good if it is just one big cameo? The answer is, well, read the review. First the concept, a cameo is basically any reason to star someone famous in the hope that it makes your movie seem better, despite that character having no real point in the movie. It is a cheap ploy to sell more tickets to the movie as it gives the would be audience the feeling that the character will play a major role when they don't(ex: the scary movie franchise). It really shows just how big of whores writers and producers are. That being said, again can this work in the concept of the movie? Actually, yes it can.The actors aren't playing characters they are playing themselves. And I gotta say they seem to have fun with it and appear to act like they are known for acting like; Seth Rogen is calm yet sarcastic, Jonah Hill is kind to a fault, Jay Baruchel is very religious and Danny McBride is an irredeemable douche. They know there movies and everything, so they come off as genuine unlike other shameless cameos. Speaking of which: The movie starts with Rogen and Baruchel going to a party filled with cameos at James Francos house. People like: Rihanna, Michael Cera, Aziz Ansari, Kevin Hart, Paul Rudd and others. Most of which are violently and hilariously killed off pretty quickly.(granted this mostly cause I have a dark sense of humor, up until this part the movie was pretty dry). Our Protagonist must then survive by living inside of Franco, so the monster don't attack and kill them. Why don't the monsters just break in and slaughter them, especially since it is shown in two scenes that they are able to? I don't know. It's never explained. Maybe the demons are just with them. This is one thing I like about the movie does well. Aside from the great jokes that are told, whenever a character is killed it is funny as hell and never feels unceremonious. As the story goes on we get an influx of funny jokes, however this is also a problem with the movie. IT IS FILLED WITH FILLER!!! This movie is over 2hrs long but it doesn't feel that way for two reasons. One the jokes and two all the crap that if it wasn't here the movie wouldn't be affected(aka big-lipped alligator moments). However with that being said the story(which is based on a 2007 short comedy film called Jay and Seth versus the Apocalypse) isn't very good. Not the worst this year(that would be The Purge) but it has room for improvement. Also while I like the spoken jokes the physical comedy is pretty low-brow. Granted sometimes that's funny like Satan getting his dick cut off an grabbing his crotch in pain. However most of it is just gross and distracting. Speaking of distracting this movie has some of the worst special effects I've seen in a while. Even when compared to The Asylum. Who is The Asylum? Wiki them and look up their movies. Yeah that bad. The monster CGI is bad and the green screen is terrible. It is obvious the budget, which for a movie like this wasn't very high, was spent on the cameos. Something else that gets in the way is the religious undertones which in my opinion just aren't handled correctly and are really out of place in a movie like this. But to me the most egregious thing about this movie is the ending. This move, like I said, is over 2hrs. They spend only about 15 min wrapping it up in a and contrived way. When I saw this ending all I could think was the writers needed a resolution and instead of creatively making one they just rushed a poorly done one. and No amount of Backstreet Boys will change that. They could have made a better ending if the had cut out some of the filler. I was laughing so hard most of the movie which I normally don't especially for comedies(cause lets face it good comedies are a dieing art). However there are just so many mistakes that were made during the flick: The filler, the ending the fact that Wil Ferrel isn't here so he could die painfully.....ok that last one is counted but you get what I mean. This in my still brings This Is the End to a 7/10 a great film. Does the movie have its problems? Yes. Like that dumbass ending, but it will not keep most people from having fun with it. That is until they inevitably make a sequel/spin-off. If you haven't seen this movie I would see it and form your own opinion. Plus Channing Tatum is Danny McBride's Nuff Said. Expand
knnthp3Jun 28, 2013
I am not a Seth Rogen fan, however, this movie is truly a great funny comedy. This movie is not going to win any Oscars but it is damn funny.

Everyone plays themselves, or should I say a version of themselves, in this comedy gem from director Seth Rogen. The movie is an end of days apocalypse movie with a message about what it means to be an honest and good person. As Seth Rogen and company venture through the impending doom and rapture, they encounter everything from beasts and exorcisms to one pissed off Hermione. Speaking of which, the cameos in this film are all great and get pretty decent screen time too. I had pretty low expectations going into this film but I can safely say this is a DVD purchase and it has tremendous rewatchability with tons of quotable one liners.

Watch for Danny McBride, who is this film's scene stealer and delivers probably one of the best laugh out loud moments I've had in a long time. He is an underrated comedic genius in this movie.

I highly recommend this movie to be seen in the movie theater and worth the price of admission. It might be the best comedy of the year.
FedelcaFeb 7, 2014
This is the End es una película bastante satírica, filmada de una manera muy poco madura, con un humor negro y crudo, la profanidad cruza sus límites, hay fiestas, hay actores graciosos y con talento, hay severas obscenidades a religión y, loThis is the End es una película bastante satírica, filmada de una manera muy poco madura, con un humor negro y crudo, la profanidad cruza sus límites, hay fiestas, hay actores graciosos y con talento, hay severas obscenidades a religión y, lo más importante, risas sin parar.
Recomendaría This is the End a las personas que disfrutan del humor negro (así como yo) y entonces la disfrutarán mucho y tendrán muchas carcajadas, además el reparto que se interpreta a sí mismo es delicioso y bien actuado (supuestamente porque no es muy difícil actuar como uno mismo). Gran comedia.
jolzkJun 25, 2013
When I first saw the trailer, it seemed okay. And during the movie, I've never publicly laughed out loud in a theatre, and this was a first, especially when you're laughing with the whole audience. The whole movie was just ridiculous and,When I first saw the trailer, it seemed okay. And during the movie, I've never publicly laughed out loud in a theatre, and this was a first, especially when you're laughing with the whole audience. The whole movie was just ridiculous and, obviously hilarious. Expand
ceefrostyJun 12, 2013
These guys are hilarious, and they really put their comedic talents on display in "This is the End". If you liked "Superbad" and "Pineapple Express", do yourself a favor and see this movie. You won't be disappointed.
ProteusJun 12, 2013
Instant classic. This movie is so funny, so outrageous, so filled with energy you should put Man of Steel and every other movie on hold. Do yourself a huge favor and just go see it.
ThegodfathersonJun 12, 2013
From Superbad to Pineapple Express and now This is the End, the West Coast writing duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have specialized in movies about modern bro-ships. In with their new apocalyptic comedy This is The End, friendships areFrom Superbad to Pineapple Express and now This is the End, the West Coast writing duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have specialized in movies about modern bro-ships. In with their new apocalyptic comedy This is The End, friendships are strained as never before and yet the calamity always starts from a kernel of truth. A prank for TMZ-obsessed times, This is the End features a galaxy of stars playing themselves, like a Mad Magazine parody brought to life. The story starts simply Montrealer Jay Baruchel flies to L.A. to meet up with his Canadian homey Seth Rogen. Baruchel is looking forward to a quiet evening of dope and Xbox but Rogen wants to hang with his hip Hollywood friends. James Franco's having a party at his new pad. And so the dynamic is set. Rogen as the mellow peacemaker Baruchel as the reluctant insider who never really belongs. So we see Franco playing it up as the pretentious poser, his Hollywood digs covered in his latest art acquisitions. Jonah Hill comes off as a polite, but snide, social climber, with a gaudy diamond to accent his d-bag status. Craig Robinson just wants to chill, appearing as a towel-slinging Romeo looking to ride out his last days. In terms of just what is occurring in This is the End, I don't want to reveal too much, but let's just say it gets Biblical. In terms of pure schadenfreude, it's unlikely you've seen this many famous faces fall to their death since The Poseidon Adventure. But the breezy 1970s disaster movie production values give the carnage an almost campy feel. Like a demonic cross between The Hangover and Ghostbusters, This is the End works because the comedy springs from an emotional truth. Every riff seems to come from the question "What would I do now?" Like so many Seth/Evan collaborations the action is anchored around the friendship in this case between Seth and Jay. It might sound dull, but in a comedy filled with dangling demon parts and hell hounds, it helps to be grounded. It's that mix of improv, irreverence and reality-based beginnings that makes This is the End a comedic revelation. Expand
joanJun 16, 2013
I adored this movie. I never stopped laughing. The humor is raunchy as hell, but it's not the shock, it's the truth of how people would react in these circumstances that makes it great. And there's actually a real sweetness to it. I cameI adored this movie. I never stopped laughing. The humor is raunchy as hell, but it's not the shock, it's the truth of how people would react in these circumstances that makes it great. And there's actually a real sweetness to it. I came out of the movie inspired and still laughing to myself. If you liked Superbad, Pineapple Express, or Tropic Thunder, you should really enjoy this. Expand
DavebobJun 20, 2013
The movie is raunchy and hilarious fun. There are a couple of slow spots in this almost two hour movie but the ending is so funny it is worth the wait.
kevtheobaldJun 20, 2013
Classic comedy with a few scary moments. Yes, the humor does trend a little crude at times, but if you could not guess that from the trailers, you are not paying attention. All in all a good comedy that could have used a few tweaks to make aClassic comedy with a few scary moments. Yes, the humor does trend a little crude at times, but if you could not guess that from the trailers, you are not paying attention. All in all a good comedy that could have used a few tweaks to make a great comedy. Expand
Beavz0rJun 14, 2013
Although I tend to enjoy the collaborations of the 'Judd Apatow' crew anyway, this movie actually exceeded my expectations significantly (if not based on Danny McBride's performance alone). In a year that had until now nothing butAlthough I tend to enjoy the collaborations of the 'Judd Apatow' crew anyway, this movie actually exceeded my expectations significantly (if not based on Danny McBride's performance alone). In a year that had until now nothing but lackluster comedic releases, there's finally one worth going to. Expand
Bruce722Oct 2, 2013
This is the end is the most unique comedy since the original Hangover. The concept of real life actors experiencing the apocalypse in a comedic sense is absolutely hilarious. Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Craig Robinson, and JonahThis is the end is the most unique comedy since the original Hangover. The concept of real life actors experiencing the apocalypse in a comedic sense is absolutely hilarious. Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Craig Robinson, and Jonah Hill shine as the core of the group of celebrity friends and I loved the cameos by all of the other celebrities but especially by Emma Watson, Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Rihanna (though I wish Emma had a bigger role... there's no such thing as too much Emma!). The laughter was almost from beginning to end. Honestly, the end is kind of why this film didn't get a higher rating from me. While there were still some parts that made me chuckle, it generally wasn't as funny as the first two-thirds or so of the movie and felt a bit rushed. All-in-all though, this is a must watch comedy, if you don't mind ridiculous and crude guy humor. Expand
DeitiesforsaleJun 30, 2013
Any movie as crude as this one will not receive great reviews. Don't let that put you off. The whole cinema was laughing out loud at least once every five minutes. Massively entertaining, and refreshingly conjured.
survivorfan989Jul 10, 2013
This was a very funny movie and perhaps could have had a perfect rating if it wasn't for Danny McBride. He was the film's biggest problem and I loathed any scenes with him, but McBride aside the film's concept and delivery from the cast wasThis was a very funny movie and perhaps could have had a perfect rating if it wasn't for Danny McBride. He was the film's biggest problem and I loathed any scenes with him, but McBride aside the film's concept and delivery from the cast was spot on! A lot of the jokes were hilarious and I really enjoyed Craig Robinson, as well as leads Baruchel & Rogen. Sure its silly but in a way that simply works well for the film and I can see a lot of people really enjoying this movie like I did Expand
Pablo22Jul 11, 2013
This is the end review

This is the end review

When was the last time a movie blew your expectations away? And it did it not with lots of drama, emotions or even action, but comedy? Well for me it was a long time ago. And I'll tell you, my expectations where very high about this one. I love Evan Goldberg movies and with the help of Seth Rogen something good had to come out of it.
So when this movie began I was a little worried. Though I cracked up many times at the beginning at at the party sequence there was something missing. And I'm not saying it was bad at all! There where some really funny references with celebrities and coked up Michael Cera was some really funny I'm just saying it was going somewhere different than I expected.
But ten minutes later the apocalypse started. hit the fan celebrities died and then we got the five friends trapped in James Franco's house. From here the mechanic, the acting, the improvising, the writing just improved by the second. And this lasted till the END of the movie! The chemistry between all of the actors was so natural and the timing of the jokes was so spot on! Danny McBride had some of his funniest scenes that I've seen in his movies in This is the End and Jonah Hill played this version of himself that I just crack up when thinking about it. Of course Franco, Baruchel and Robinson also where hilarious and smartly done. The Emma Watson sequence adds some lady badassery to the movie! And *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* by the time near the ending when they go out of the house and encounter the "new" McBride was my favorite twist in scenery o the movie. The gimp man! I was gagging for air in that scene! When Channing Tatum says like "I loove hiim" I went full on peeing my pants laughter.
What follows... Celine Dione, The Backstreet Boys did the satyrical part of the movie. The be good do good to go to heaven was smartly written and the awesome never-ending party in the skies was a perfect representation of what we actually would expect heaven to be!
By the end you had this feeling of having had the best and funniest time watching this awesome ****.
This movie showed the audience and the industry that we don't need all the cheap hit comedies that use the getting hit in the balls and fart humor that is getting worse by the day. Adam Sandler just got by this movie.
I hope Rogen and Goldberg keep making these marbles and keep cracking us up. Congrats dudes!
I'm giving this good time a 10 outta 10.
SamuelcdJun 29, 2013
Little did I expect This is the End would become my favourite film of 2013 so far and perhaps even one of my favourite comedies of all time. The dialogue is spot on, every joke hits and hits hard and somehow each scene was funnier than theLittle did I expect This is the End would become my favourite film of 2013 so far and perhaps even one of my favourite comedies of all time. The dialogue is spot on, every joke hits and hits hard and somehow each scene was funnier than the last! A must see. Expand
foochckyJun 17, 2013
To the people who give this a zero.....get over yourself! Seriously?!! Out of a 100 you give it a 0? I assume you know who the actors are and have seen at least a few of their movies. What were you expecting??? Citizen Kane?

There are

There are occasions where it feels as if the dialogue is improvised solely for improvisations sake. That can make parts of the film seem forced. Despite this flaw it's still a funny, and yes at times raunchy take on apocalyptic movies.

Just to add something else. Before seeing it I read reviews that didn't give away the ending, but also said they didn't like it. While it's not spectacular, I on the other hand enjoyed it just for the "Get the F@#$ outta here" laugh that it gave me.
jetstarJul 17, 2013
I have to say, This Is The End is the best comedy of 2013, so far. The last movie that made me laugh for a lot of times, was 21 Jump Street. This movie was just damn funny, but the funny thing about the movie is the characters. The actors inI have to say, This Is The End is the best comedy of 2013, so far. The last movie that made me laugh for a lot of times, was 21 Jump Street. This movie was just damn funny, but the funny thing about the movie is the characters. The actors in this movie play as themselves and the movie gets us to know what happens in their normal lives, this was done very well throughout the movie. The problem that I had with this movie is that it takes a long time for these characters to develop or change to a different characteristic and their were also scenes that got a bit draggy. The movie does a good job on making you laugh, and they succeed on that because their are a lot of scenes and punchlines that makes you laugh nonstop. This Is The End is a really good comedy flick and I am going to give it an 8/10. Expand
sridhardcJun 12, 2013
This movie is absolutely hilarious. Extremely raunchy and crude, but funny at every turn it takes. Go see it if you want to laugh! As for the best actor, everybody is good, but Danny McBride, Franco and Hill take the cake.
BUTCHYPIEJun 15, 2013
Went to see this with a mixed crowd of folks, age-wise, and all of us agreed it's one of the funniest comedies in a long while. It's a fun ride, and I want to take it again!

The movie works on a bunch of levels: comedy, horror, thriller,

The movie works on a bunch of levels: comedy, horror, thriller, spiritual (really) and bromance. Big smile on my face. It's not just a stoner flick.

Also, a call out to the writing. Tight script.
tazer234Jun 12, 2013
Laugh out loud funny. Ridiculous situations bringing only more ridiculous laughter. Hilarious in every way. Rude, crude, and gut busting. A must see.
elleakayeJul 12, 2013
Just watched this film last night and I have to say, well done to Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen. I realize this film isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's not. The humor is raunchy, it's extremely gory and provocative, and most feminists haveJust watched this film last night and I have to say, well done to Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen. I realize this film isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's not. The humor is raunchy, it's extremely gory and provocative, and most feminists have already tallied all of the rape jokes featured. These traits does not make it a horrible movie by any means. It's actually quite thought provoking. I left the theater thinking how do I treat people? Would I actually be chosen if anything like this happened? Am I being judged by some higher power? I think that speaks a lot about such a film. Something you wouldn't get from most apocalyptic action flicks where the good guy saves the day in the end or someone makes a sacrifice where all of earth is saved. Earth is not saved, it's instead completely inhabited by demons and left to rot along with the remaining horrible people left. It's a fantastic insight into the apocalypse. Also the fact that it's surrounding the lives of a bunch of celebrities makes it that much better. Here's actors who are well loved by fans, who have a ton of money and power, and yet they aren't safe and no number of Oscars are able to keep them from being judged. You can easily judge this film harshly for its content, but what about films like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Scary Movie, or Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny? I just can't see judging a film based off of it's raunchiness when there are plenty of films that are far worse. If anything, that's why there's an R rating to warn you that it's pushing the envelope and that it's not suitable for younger generations so as long as parents respect those, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Expand