7.1

1. Jun 16, 2013
    What has happened to society!? Are male members really worth basing an entire movie on? I didn't find the humor in this at all and was really looking forward to a LOL movie. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    Are you people insane? If this is what you are willing to pay your hard earned money to see then why should anyone work at their craft. Possibly the most juvenile idiotic movie I have ever seen. Is this what Hollywood now calls entertainment. I have as good as sense of humor as the next person but this flick was awful. The people connected in making this should be ashamed.
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    Don't waste your time. I thought this must be funny after hearing such a positive review, 4.5 stars, by David Blaustein of ABC and WJR. There are a couple of laughs but that is about it. We walked out after about 40min. It may help if you are high before going. Totally over rated. I now know to ignore Blaustein. Rent a Cheech and Chong movie.
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    If you have seen "Your Highness" then you know what to expect in this movie =tons of Penis's on screen with alot of akward jokes about rape, etc. I really wanted to like this movie but its gross out humor and over the top acting was a bit too much to enjoy.
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    I keep hearing how people love this film and they claim that if you're a fan of the actors involved you'll love this, this is not the case. I'm a big fan of all these actors & instead of listing the films I liked them in, I'll just name the one I didn't like, "Your Highness". Automatically I couldn't wait to see this, I knew exactly what I was in for however the jokes were unfunny, the acting was bad and the story was flat. I can't help but hate this film & I really can't understand how anyone could like it. Massive disappointment especially considering these actors have been in films like Pinneapple Express, Superbad & Knocked Up which are all real comedies. This film is a joke and I mean that in a negative way. Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    Man, oh Man! This movie was way different than I thought it would be. It is extremely hilarious and fun/enjoyable to watch. It's weird how, the story (in a sense) is kind of unoriginal. I mean, it's an apocalypse movie. But when you combine it with a story where the actors play exaggerated versions of themselves in the same situation, you have one killer movie. Everyone in this movie was awesome and funny. Let me also say this. Craig Robinson, you've had a rough start this year, but I'm happy to say that you've redeemed yourself. Your officially on my good side once again. Also, the story and the humor mixed in is surprisingly clever. Plus the fact that they also mention stuff from there other movies as well. Like James Franco's fake arm from "127 Hours" and Danny ranting on Seth's previous roles. If you don't know what I mean by that, watch the teaser trailer. I even loved Emma Watson in this movie. Yet, she's not really a full blown cameo, but all the time she was in this movie, I loved her. But the best part of this movie was Micheal Cera. I've never really been a big fan of him, but now I can say that even though he wasn't in the movie very long, he was f-ing awesome for the time he was in the movie. I've been so excited to see this movie, and now that it's hear, I'm glad that it was an amazing movie. Overall, it's an original/outrageously hilarious apocalypse movie. Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    This has to be one of the most pointless movies I have ever seen. I enjoy stupid comedy like many others but the jokes seem forced and the bromance element was poorly done. I loved superbad and pineapple express but this lacked any real meaning. It went from one predictable scene to the next forcing one issue after another with lame fart jokes and fake buddy buddy crap. This was unwatchable
  8. Jun 25, 2013
    It has a few funny lines here and there, I suppose. Unfortunately, every joke that made me laugh during this was at Michael Cera, who is only actually in about 10 minutes of the film. It drags on FOREVER. The length between laugh out loud lines is sometimes unbearable. I will admit some of the visual effects were better than I thought they would be, although the shear lack of comedy just couldn't be made up for. From the reviews it looks like mostly people enjoyed it, although when I saw it the theater was almost silent the entire time, laughing only at a few moments. Only part that seemed to please everyone was the BSB cameo that say a lot about a movie, I'd say. I wanted to enjoy this movie, as the first 20 minutes is very funny, but me and my friend actually talked about leaving about 40 minutes in we decided to stick it out but this was a mistake. Expand
  9. Jun 17, 2013
    I loved Superbad which is why I went to The End. Huge mistake. What a horrid piece of junk, made by a bunch of guys who are not nearly as funny as they think they are by a long shot. I want my 2 hours back.
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    I never write reviews, but this movie is an instant classic. The creativity and the improvisation are, as always, big parts of what make the movie work. But also just the sheer joy of watching Hollywood's lovable actors cooped up in one house with one each other during an invasion make this movie sure a memorable time at the theaters. "This Is the End" is a perfect watch throughout the strand of disappointing comedies as of late. Maybe its because of the lack of creativity in Hollywood or because it really is sheer genius, "This Is the End" is the funniest movie I can remember watching in the theaters. Must see. Collapse
  11. Jun 12, 2013
    The straight-up End of Days has a nice way of bringing out the real deal of many people, and in this film is certainly so for a small cadre of actors. If you've seen Seth's works before, particularly Superbad and Pineapple Express, chances are you'll enjoy this movie.

Rapture comes calling, and these few survivors are stuck in Franco's tacky mansion forced to learn how the new age of
    the world works, if they can figure out how to live with each other, and how exactly to find more sustenance without wandering outside too much, if they can help it.

Plenty of laughs, slightly horrifying imagery (so many phalli, don't bring the kids) and a metric butt-ton of cameos it's definitely one of my new favorite films.
  12. Jun 16, 2013
    Born in the 70s, am I getting too old? This movie falls along the same line of all the over-the-top, how many can we offend, let's see if we can shock anybody, movies of the last decade. The Apatow school of comedy filmmaking.

Apparently the majority of the dialog was improvised, which I felt was very obvious. I don't mind raunchy humor, I just don't find it funny when it's just done
    for raunchy sake. I walked in expecting There's Something About Mary, Tropic Thunder, and Talladega Nights, and instead it felt more like Borat. It was like watching the Seth Rogan comedy hour live with no script.

I score it a 3, because it does have some laughable moments, especially when it involved the self deprecating jokes towards the narcissistic Hollywood lifestyle. But this movie just didn't click for me.

In our large, crowded theater, the room was clearly divided with half the room applauding, exclaiming "best movie ever" and the other half shaking their head, wondering why they didn't leave early.
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
  14. Jul 8, 2013
    This was the worst movie I have seen in years. I was so looking forward to it too. Do not go! It was a total waste of time and money. The target audience must be 13-16 year old immature pimple faced boys who have never had a date and boys who smoke dope and love to hear about dick and penis jokes. This will be my last Seth Rogan movie ever. He has now taken over for Adam Sadler for making a the longest string of bad movies that nobody wants to see. Expand
  15. Jul 8, 2013
    One of the worst movies ever! It can be termed comedy is boring is the new funny. Senseless jokes and awful acting. Thankfully, it gets better at the end but the first quarter of the movie there was only one person laughing in the entire theatre. Just terrible!
  16. Jun 23, 2013
    In a simple conclusion, this film is a high budget youtube video distributed for mass consumption. The jokes are rather redundant after 30 minutes into the film. If you enjoyed Superbad or 40 Year Old Virgin, then this movie will disappoint. The characters do a wonderful job with their improvisation, and the cinematography is great. Outside of that, the film is a major let down.
  17. Jul 16, 2013
    This Is the End only holds your interest when this movie is at the beginning. There is a new genre of Hollywood film that seems to have been invented by Seth Rogen--I call it The Gross & the Vulgar (G&V). G&V films use a lot of sexual obscenity and are often obsessed with scatological references. Admittedly, there is not a single display of excrement in this G&V film. However, we see Michael Cera as a weird druggie who humiliates a woman after she performs fellatio in the bathroom at a wild party held by James Franco. Cera is supposed to be playing himself, but it's unclear whether he is in fact that stupid in real life. Franco plays himself as a spoiled rich kid who can afford the house of his fantasies and is the leader of the pack. All of Franco's friends including Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and others are successful actors who are playing themselves. When they poke fun at their own fame, wealth, and lifestyle, there is some measure of amusement, but this aspect of the film only holds for the first half hour or so. There is an amusing conversation about what it means to be on a gluten-free diet, as Baruchel and Rogen act dumber than they presumably are in real life: “Everything that's bad has gluten...calories have gluten.”

However, the movie soon deteriorates into a disaster film, but the disaster is being caused by God Himself who has decided to usher in the Day of Judgment. Los Angeles is now right in there with Sodom and Gomorrah, and given the party that was being held at Franco's house when the hell-fires broke loose, one can understand why the Lord finally got fed up with the human race. The Devil himself has taken over the city, and he is a giant demon with an equally giant phallus. Those who are pure and good are spared this scenario, for a blue light beams them up like a suction tube so that they can reside in a heavenly abode. Those left behind are sinners who have yet to redeem themselves, but they too can get beamed up at the last possible moment if they sacrifice themselves for the sake of love and kindness.

There are painful scenes in this movie--Franco and Danny McBride have an obscenely juvenile conversation about whose masturbatory practices and seminal output are more prodigious. At one point, as the clan holes up in Franco's mansion, which acts as a crucible for the ensemble as the populace burns to death outdoors, a stranger sticks his head through a hole in the door and begs the boys to take him in. The group debates the matter for too long, for the Devil sees the poor shlemiel with his head stuck in the door and decapitates him, so that the head rolls into Franco's house. The boys don't quite know what to do with the bloody body part, so naturally they end up kicking it around in an impromptu game of soccer ball before they decide that this behavior is insensitive, tasteless, and inappropriate. Given the nature of the entire film, this display of remorse is a little out of character.

Unfortunately, in the end, This Is the End, another G&V film from Seth Rogen, is simply asinine, half-witted, and puerile.
  18. Jun 12, 2013
    Instant classic. This movie is so funny, so outrageous, so filled with energy you should put Man of Steel and every other movie on hold. Do yourself a huge favor and just go see it.
  19. Jun 21, 2013
    This was the worst film i have see in a long time. Most of the shock value type potty humor falls flat and gets boring fast. The are much better ways to inspire others to be honest and truthful to their feelings, than the fear of being raped by ugly demons of the Apocalypse. A crappy movie at best.
  20. Jun 23, 2013
    Not enough laughs. Not enough story. Review must be 150 characters long, Not enough laughs. Not enough story. Not enough laughs. Not enough story. Got it?
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    This is a witless steaming pile of dog poo. SAVE YOUR MONEY! The moronic sense of self-satisfaction that is displayed by the half-wits that compiled this garbage truly depresses me. A waste of money and time.
  22. Jun 27, 2013
    Before I start, I should write that I am a Seth Rogan fan and thoroughly enjoy his past work such as Knocked Up, Pineapple Express etc.. I had high expectations for this film after hearing Seth and Evan Goldberg interviewed on the Adam Carolla Podcast. I went to the film, sat patiently waiting to be entertained, ready to laugh and my face and inward demeanour rarely changed from a blank expression and inner calm throughout the whole showing. I did smile occasionally but did not at any time have a full laugh and I mean that sincerely. The persons behind and in frontof me also showed no emotion whatsoever throughout the film although I did hear an occasional laugh in the audience in another part of the theatre. I found the film almost painful to sit through. However, a black comedy is usually more clever and inciteful on society and relationships than a regular comedy. I found the film neither clever or inciteful and certainly not entertaining. I will not give up on Seth though as he has shown a comic flair in his writing in the past and hope the future holds more Knocked Up-type humour. Expand
  23. Jul 15, 2013
    'This Is the End' I was hoping 5 minutes into this hunk of junk. Jason Segal got out of there early, although he was still in it so he's now out. Stick to the f**king muppets man, they have way more character than these lame pricks.
  24. Jun 24, 2013
    I felt pretty meh about this. No doubt that this comedy will be a big hit with a lot of people. I did get some laughs out of it, although it took about 30 minutes before they started to come. I'm surprised it is doing so incredibly well on reviews when frankly I have seen funnier films.
  25. Jun 12, 2013
    From Superbad to Pineapple Express and now This is the End, the West Coast writing duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have specialized in movies about modern bro-ships. In with their new apocalyptic comedy This is The End, friendships are strained as never before and yet the calamity always starts from a kernel of truth. A prank for TMZ-obsessed times, This is the End features a galaxy of stars playing themselves, like a Mad Magazine parody brought to life. The story starts simply Montrealer Jay Baruchel flies to L.A. to meet up with his Canadian homey Seth Rogen. Baruchel is looking forward to a quiet evening of dope and Xbox but Rogen wants to hang with his hip Hollywood friends. James Franco's having a party at his new pad. And so the dynamic is set. Rogen as the mellow peacemaker Baruchel as the reluctant insider who never really belongs. So we see Franco playing it up as the pretentious poser, his Hollywood digs covered in his latest art acquisitions. Jonah Hill comes off as a polite, but snide, social climber, with a gaudy diamond to accent his d-bag status. Craig Robinson just wants to chill, appearing as a towel-slinging Romeo looking to ride out his last days. In terms of just what is occurring in This is the End, I don't want to reveal too much, but let's just say it gets Biblical. In terms of pure schadenfreude, it's unlikely you've seen this many famous faces fall to their death since The Poseidon Adventure. But the breezy 1970s disaster movie production values give the carnage an almost campy feel. Like a demonic cross between The Hangover and Ghostbusters, This is the End works because the comedy springs from an emotional truth. Every riff seems to come from the question "What would I do now?" Like so many Seth/Evan collaborations the action is anchored around the friendship in this case between Seth and Jay. It might sound dull, but in a comedy filled with dangling demon parts and hell hounds, it helps to be grounded. It's that mix of improv, irreverence and reality-based beginnings that makes This is the End a comedic revelation. Expand
  26. Jun 12, 2013
    These guys are hilarious, and they really put their comedic talents on display in "This is the End". If you liked "Superbad" and "Pineapple Express", do yourself a favor and see this movie. You won't be disappointed.
  27. Jun 25, 2013
    When I first saw the trailer, it seemed okay. And during the movie, I've never publicly laughed out loud in a theatre, and this was a first, especially when you're laughing with the whole audience. The whole movie was just ridiculous and, obviously hilarious.
  28. Jul 11, 2013
    Worst movie ever! It was embarrassing to watch or to hear! It was a horror movie for me, way to dirty, gross, boring! The trailer is a lie, doesn't honor what it promises. I mean really! All you see is a bunch of dumb actors, getting high and talking about their male parts! A total waste of money and time! I hated it!
  29. Jun 16, 2013
    I adored this movie. I never stopped laughing. The humor is raunchy as hell, but it's not the shock, it's the truth of how people would react in these circumstances that makes it great. And there's actually a real sweetness to it. I came out of the movie inspired and still laughing to myself. If you liked Superbad, Pineapple Express, or Tropic Thunder, you should really enjoy this.
  30. Jul 8, 2013
    If I were younger I would probably like this movie more, but I've seen too many films similar to this. If you're tired of men being portrayed as stupid, bumbling idiots, like every commercial on television, then you probably won't like this film. It was refreshing that the actors play themselves, and make fun of themselves and other actors, but there just wasn't quite enough laughs to recommend. The special effects surprised me they were excellent. All the actors are excellent as well I just wish I laughed more. Expand
  31. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie is absolutely hilarious. Extremely raunchy and crude, but funny at every turn it takes. Go see it if you want to laugh! As for the best actor, everybody is good, but Danny McBride, Franco and Hill take the cake.
  32. Jun 15, 2013
    Went to see this with a mixed crowd of folks, age-wise, and all of us agreed it's one of the funniest comedies in a long while. It's a fun ride, and I want to take it again!

The movie works on a bunch of levels: comedy, horror, thriller, spiritual (really) and bromance. Big smile on my face. It's not just a stoner flick.

Also, a call out to the writing. Tight script.
  33. Jun 12, 2013
    Laugh out loud funny. Ridiculous situations bringing only more ridiculous laughter. Hilarious in every way. Rude, crude, and gut busting. A must see.
  34. Jul 8, 2013
    Yes it's a comedy all right. You know what to expect when Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and similar are starring... It does have a few funny lines, not too many but still... Silly-funny, not smart-funny but (excuse the repetition) it was expected. So, for the most part it was amusing to watch. Yet when I was leaving the theater I felt sad. These talented actors are already all in their 30's yet the way they talk and behave is as if they are teenage half-wits who can only think about drugs and fornication. This movie could be easily done with marionettes instead of actors, "Team America"-style. In fact, it would be even funnier. What I mean is there is nothing to play in that script and it seems to be a waste of actors' skills. Is it a quest for easy money or inability to get out of an established stereotype screen character? Expand
  35. Aug 5, 2013
    How can any civilized person think a movie based around demon rape and rape jokes is even remotely acceptable? How on earth did they manage to get an R rating for this?
  36. Lyn
    Sep 8, 2013
    Raunchy, vulgar and incredibly, ignorantly profane. But I'm green-lighting it for the laughs, which I really needed today. From the mildly funny stuff (e.g. Seth Rogen trying to compare the Trinity to neapolitan ice cream) to the laugh-out-loud shtick (e.g. Aziz Ansari's fate!) it is full of insidery humor. And a hint of a moral, amid all the immorality. Might just be me, but I would have enjoyed at least one lasting female presence to break up the repetitive bromances and perhaps limit the talk of penises and masturbation. Expand
  37. Oct 10, 2013
    The worst movie I've ever seen full of b-list actors. I didn't laugh once. Boring, stupid, a huge waste of time. Don't even bother watching this garbage.
  38. Jul 1, 2013
    it was kinda funny i guess, but it was kinda just to silly in some/most areas for me to fully enjoy it. some jokes they tried to run with ran to long and became quite boring or just awkward scenes. overall the movie was cool for like a one time ever viewing, i'll probably never watch it again though.
  39. Jun 20, 2013
    The movie is raunchy and hilarious fun. There are a couple of slow spots in this almost two hour movie but the ending is so funny it is worth the wait.
  40. Jul 9, 2013
    After so many Seth Rogen ensemble comedies it was inevitable that the jokes would be harder to come by and harder to land, I mean there are only so many Danny McBride rants you can take before you have to slam Up in the Air in the DVD drive just so you can see him do something different for a change. This is the End tells the story of what happens when Jay Baruchel and Seth Rogen go to a house party at James Franco's house and the apocalypse begins leaving them, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson and Danny McBride to fend for themselves and try to make it out alive. It's a clever concept as it allows real laughs while exploring everything meta comedy has to offer which turns out isn't a lot. The central joke that these people really exist an its funny to watch them do despicable things gets old really fast (except for the unveiling of a gimp at the end, that's hilarious). The idea of six celebrities trying to survive a horrible event is interesting but they do so by hiding away in the same building for almost the entire movie making for a very slow moving comedy. The film relies upon lengthy set ups to pretty regular material so there are long boring sequences to struggle through. That being said the last 30 minutes are fun, fast paced and exciting because there is actual momentum. The film suffers from bad plotting and never really recovers but it's worth watching for some surprisingly well directed action and a few genuinely laugh out loud moments. Expand
  41. Jun 14, 2013
    Although I tend to enjoy the collaborations of the 'Judd Apatow' crew anyway, this movie actually exceeded my expectations significantly (if not based on Danny McBride's performance alone). In a year that had until now nothing but lackluster comedic releases, there's finally one worth going to.
  42. Aug 4, 2013
    Is it stupid you bet, but overall its widely entertaining and hilarious film that puts a different spin on things. With nothing but below average comedies so far this year, This is the End is a good comedy that could have used a few tweaks to make it a great.
  43. Aug 7, 2013
    Rogen 3/10, sorry, he just isnt funny. Robinson 8/10, great work, i look forward to seeing what he does next Baruchel, 7/10, he played a good level-headed foil for the most part. Hill, 5/10, has his moments but just not a funny man McBride, 8/10, breathed life into the film at the right time Franco, 8/10, his confession line about Li-lo had me laughing uncontrollably. All in all, better than i thought it would be and a strange non standard flick Expand
  44. Jun 24, 2013
    Easily makes my top 5 list of comedies, Just go see the movie, you'll love it.

45. Jun 30, 2013
    Any movie as crude as this one will not receive great reviews. Don't let that put you off. The whole cinema was laughing out loud at least once every five minutes. Massively entertaining, and refreshingly conjured.
  46. Jul 10, 2013
    This was a very funny movie and perhaps could have had a perfect rating if it wasn't for Danny McBride. He was the film's biggest problem and I loathed any scenes with him, but McBride aside the film's concept and delivery from the cast was spot on! A lot of the jokes were hilarious and I really enjoyed Craig Robinson, as well as leads Baruchel & Rogen. Sure its silly but in a way that simply works well for the film and I can see a lot of people really enjoying this movie like I did Expand
  47. Jul 17, 2013
    This Is the End offers a solid cast with some outrageous and witty moments that will have you laughing. All the actors have great chemistry and for the most part are real likable. If you like cameos, references, crude humor and apocalypse's then this movie is for you. But if you're into a little more clever along with less blunt and immature humor, you might have to look elsewhere.
  48. Nov 4, 2013
    The movie is painfully unfunny and blunt. Half of the moments that I chuckled at were in the trailers. The acting is abysmally bad, feels like an extremely cheap sitcom. For a moment I thought that they acted so cheesy on purpose but it is not the case. This Is The End is almost as bad as Your Highness.

And no I am not a puritan, normally I laugh my lungs out on dumb vulgar movies.
  49. Jul 11, 2013
    This is the end review

When was the last time a movie blew your expectations away? And it did it not with lots of drama, emotions or even action, but comedy? Well for me it was a long time ago. And I'll tell you, my expectations where very high about this one. I love Evan Goldberg movies and with the help of Seth Rogen something good had to come out of it.
    So when this movie began I
    was a little worried. Though I cracked up many times at the beginning at at the party sequence there was something missing. And I'm not saying it was bad at all! There where some really funny references with celebrities and coked up Michael Cera was some really funny I'm just saying it was going somewhere different than I expected.
    But ten minutes later the apocalypse started. hit the fan celebrities died and then we got the five friends trapped in James Franco's house. From here the mechanic, the acting, the improvising, the writing just improved by the second. And this lasted till the END of the movie! The chemistry between all of the actors was so natural and the timing of the jokes was so spot on! Danny McBride had some of his funniest scenes that I've seen in his movies in This is the End and Jonah Hill played this version of himself that I just crack up when thinking about it. Of course Franco, Baruchel and Robinson also where hilarious and smartly done. The Emma Watson sequence adds some lady badassery to the movie! And *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* by the time near the ending when they go out of the house and encounter the "new" McBride was my favorite twist in scenery o the movie. The gimp man! I was gagging for air in that scene! When Channing Tatum says like "I loove hiim" I went full on peeing my pants laughter.
    What follows... Celine Dione, The Backstreet Boys did the satyrical part of the movie. The be good do good to go to heaven was smartly written and the awesome never-ending party in the skies was a perfect representation of what we actually would expect heaven to be!
    By the end you had this feeling of having had the best and funniest time watching this awesome ****.
    This movie showed the audience and the industry that we don't need all the cheap hit comedies that use the getting hit in the balls and fart humor that is getting worse by the day. Adam Sandler just got by this movie.
    I hope Rogen and Goldberg keep making these marbles and keep cracking us up. Congrats dudes!
    I'm giving this good time a 10 outta 10.
  50. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really should stop doing reviews a week later. "This is the End" is an apocalyptic comedy film that ask one important question. Can a movie be good if it is just one big cameo? The answer is, well, read the review. First the concept, a cameo is basically any reason to star someone famous in the hope that it makes your movie seem better, despite that character having no real point in the movie. It is a cheap ploy to sell more tickets to the movie as it gives the would be audience the feeling that the character will play a major role when they don't(ex: the scary movie franchise). It really shows just how big of whores writers and producers are. That being said, again can this work in the concept of the movie? Actually, yes it can.The actors aren't playing characters they are playing themselves. And I gotta say they seem to have fun with it and appear to act like they are known for acting like; Seth Rogen is calm yet sarcastic, Jonah Hill is kind to a fault, Jay Baruchel is very religious and Danny McBride is an irredeemable douche. They know there movies and everything, so they come off as genuine unlike other shameless cameos. Speaking of which: The movie starts with Rogen and Baruchel going to a party filled with cameos at James Francos house. People like: Rihanna, Michael Cera, Aziz Ansari, Kevin Hart, Paul Rudd and others. Most of which are violently and hilariously killed off pretty quickly.(granted this mostly cause I have a dark sense of humor, up until this part the movie was pretty dry). Our Protagonist must then survive by living inside of Franco, so the monster don't attack and kill them. Why don't the monsters just break in and slaughter them, especially since it is shown in two scenes that they are able to? I don't know. It's never explained. Maybe the demons are just with them. This is one thing I like about the movie does well. Aside from the great jokes that are told, whenever a character is killed it is funny as hell and never feels unceremonious. As the story goes on we get an influx of funny jokes, however this is also a problem with the movie. IT IS FILLED WITH FILLER!!! This movie is over 2hrs long but it doesn't feel that way for two reasons. One the jokes and two all the crap that if it wasn't here the movie wouldn't be affected(aka big-lipped alligator moments). However with that being said the story(which is based on a 2007 short comedy film called Jay and Seth versus the Apocalypse) isn't very good. Not the worst this year(that would be The Purge) but it has room for improvement. Also while I like the spoken jokes the physical comedy is pretty low-brow. Granted sometimes that's funny like Satan getting his dick cut off an grabbing his crotch in pain. However most of it is just gross and distracting. Speaking of distracting this movie has some of the worst special effects I've seen in a while. Even when compared to The Asylum. Who is The Asylum? Wiki them and look up their movies. Yeah that bad. The monster CGI is bad and the green screen is terrible. It is obvious the budget, which for a movie like this wasn't very high, was spent on the cameos. Something else that gets in the way is the religious undertones which in my opinion just aren't handled correctly and are really out of place in a movie like this. But to me the most egregious thing about this movie is the ending. This move, like I said, is over 2hrs. They spend only about 15 min wrapping it up in a and contrived way. When I saw this ending all I could think was the writers needed a resolution and instead of creatively making one they just rushed a poorly done one. and No amount of Backstreet Boys will change that. They could have made a better ending if the had cut out some of the filler. I was laughing so hard most of the movie which I normally don't especially for comedies(cause lets face it good comedies are a dieing art). However there are just so many mistakes that were made during the flick: The filler, the ending the fact that Wil Ferrel isn't here so he could die painfully.....ok that last one is counted but you get what I mean. This in my still brings This Is the End to a 7/10 a great film. Does the movie have its problems? Yes. Like that dumbass ending, but it will not keep most people from having fun with it. That is until they inevitably make a sequel/spin-off. If you haven't seen this movie I would see it and form your own opinion. Plus Channing Tatum is Danny McBride's Nuff Said. Expand
  51. Jun 28, 2013
    I am not a Seth Rogen fan, however, this movie is truly a great funny comedy. This movie is not going to win any Oscars but it is damn funny.

Everyone plays themselves, or should I say a version of themselves, in this comedy gem from director Seth Rogen. The movie is an end of days apocalypse movie with a message about what it means to be an honest and good person. As Seth Rogen and
    company venture through the impending doom and rapture, they encounter everything from beasts and exorcisms to one pissed off Hermione. Speaking of which, the cameos in this film are all great and get pretty decent screen time too. I had pretty low expectations going into this film but I can safely say this is a DVD purchase and it has tremendous rewatchability with tons of quotable one liners.

Watch for Danny McBride, who is this film's scene stealer and delivers probably one of the best laugh out loud moments I've had in a long time. He is an underrated comedic genius in this movie.

I highly recommend this movie to be seen in the movie theater and worth the price of admission. It might be the best comedy of the year.
  52. Jun 12, 2013
    This is the End feels like the epitome of something I've been waiting a long time for. In reality it is slightly odd to think that this kind of product would ever be made and sold to general audiences, but luckily it seems the one almost guaranteed way for these actors who have now become staples of the American comedy scene to regain their place among the Hollywood elite and re-establish themselves as the kings of the comedy genre is to make fun of themselves and they do that to hilarious results here. Anyone who has ever been really into movies and has ever loved a certain comedic actor or group of actors knows what it's like to want to hang out with those kinds of guys and girls because you too feel like they would love to be your friend if not for anything else but because you share that same sense of humor they've branded. As creepy as that may come off or as much as they probably wouldn't care to be your friend at all we come to feel we know the actors in our comedies better than anyone else in the movies because they always relate closest to the kind of people around us, if not always intentionally. That may come off as slightly delusional to some, but to those who watch a good amount of movies, especially comedies, and to those that surround themselves with people that they find to be genuinely funny than I imagine it is as true for them as it is for me. All of that is to say that my anticipation and expectations for This is the End were pretty high. As one of the many apocalyptic comedies coming out this year I was also worried the film may not get the recognition I hoped it would so likely deserve, but first time directors Seth Rogen and his long time collaborator Evan Goldberg strike just the right chord between horror and comedy and lay claim to the fact they've had this in the works longer than anyone else. Thankfully, This is the End gives this brand of goofy subversive humor new life in the form of a sharp satire that invites us to experience the end of the world with who our minds have come to place as some of the most ridiculously funny people working today.

read the whole review at www.reviewsfromabed.com
  53. Jun 17, 2013
    To the people who give this a zero.....get over yourself! Seriously?!! Out of a 100 you give it a 0? I assume you know who the actors are and have seen at least a few of their movies. What were you expecting??? Citizen Kane?

There are occasions where it feels as if the dialogue is improvised solely for improvisations sake. That can make parts of the film seem forced. Despite this
    flaw it's still a funny, and yes at times raunchy take on apocalyptic movies.

Just to add something else. Before seeing it I read reviews that didn't give away the ending, but also said they didn't like it. While it's not spectacular, I on the other hand enjoyed it just for the "Get the F@#$ outta here" laugh that it gave me.
  54. Jun 21, 2013
    Every year we get a whole new lot of comedies rolling out into cinemas. Rarely ever do they do what "This Is the End" does. "This Is the End" dares to be different, without losing sight of being absolutely side splittingly hilarious!

Seth Rogen, Craig Robinson, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, Michael Cera, Emma Watson and many many others all join together to create one of the
    funniest comedies I have seen to date. Personally for me after reading the cast for this movie I was very hesitant as most movies with all star casts tend to crash and burn under their own weight (ex. Movie 43). Luckily however, this is really just a bunch of friends getting together to make a hysterical movie and on that it succeeds brilliantly.

It's refreshing that the plot of this movie does not stick to most of the comedies structures that we see all the time, recent example "The Internship". The movie hardly ever takes itself seriously, aside from some scary and graphic scenes. But even then you'll be laughing almost immediately after. The great thing about this movie is that the plot had key points in which the actors would have to get to to progress the story but other than that every line is essentially ad libbed and improved based on all the actors just playing off each other.

Easily the best part of this movie is the inside jokes about the actors. For example James Franco makes jokes and references to his movies such as "127 Hours" and even references to his work with Seth Rogen in "Pineapple Express" and several other movies. You don't need to know their past work but it definitely will increase your appreciation for this movie.

Overall, I can't say for sure that if you don't like any of the actors involved that you will enjoy yourself. But I can say that it is one of the most original and down right raunchy comedies I have seen in a long while. All of the actor's "playing themselves" worked wonderfully and it was a roller coaster of laughs from start to finish.

I give "This Is the End" a 8.0/10
  55. Jun 24, 2013
    This is literally the funniest movie I have ever seen in my life. With it's cast, I expected no less. You best bet I'll see it again before it leaves theaters!
  56. Jul 17, 2013
    I have to say, This Is The End is the best comedy of 2013, so far. The last movie that made me laugh for a lot of times, was 21 Jump Street. This movie was just damn funny, but the funny thing about the movie is the characters. The actors in this movie play as themselves and the movie gets us to know what happens in their normal lives, this was done very well throughout the movie. The problem that I had with this movie is that it takes a long time for these characters to develop or change to a different characteristic and their were also scenes that got a bit draggy. The movie does a good job on making you laugh, and they succeed on that because their are a lot of scenes and punchlines that makes you laugh nonstop. This Is The End is a really good comedy flick and I am going to give it an 8/10. Expand
  57. Feb 7, 2014
    This is the End es una película bastante satírica, filmada de una manera muy poco madura, con un humor negro y crudo, la profanidad cruza sus límites, hay fiestas, hay actores graciosos y con talento, hay severas obscenidades a religión y, lo más importante, risas sin parar.
    Recomendaría This is the End a las personas que disfrutan del humor negro (así como yo) y entonces la disfrutarán
    mucho y tendrán muchas carcajadas, además el reparto que se interpreta a sí mismo es delicioso y bien actuado (supuestamente porque no es muy difícil actuar como uno mismo). Gran comedia. Expand
  58. Oct 10, 2013
    This movie is hilarious! I would love to hang with those guys but alas I'm too old. Had I known people like that (Rogan, Hill, Robinson, Franco, McBride, & Baruchel) when I was the age they are now my life would have probably turned out differently (for the good). I've taken life (as brief as it is) far too seriously and have been stressed out my existence. Those guys teach a very valuable lesson: chill!!!! Expand
  59. Oct 18, 2013
    what a crap!.... i don't know why americans filmakers like to praise drugs, sex and idiocy this movie it's just a bad joke... just watch ren and stimpy or beavis and butthead instead for more fun
  60. Nov 3, 2013
    This is the end is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was not funny and frankly I want my $1.50 back How people could think the movie is funny is beyond me.
  61. Dec 16, 2013
    It is appalling that the actors and people associated with this film's existence make as much money as they do. This is the most sac religious movie I have ever seen. These people sold their soul to the devil for money and fame. This movie makes me never want to watch a movie starring Seth Rogan, James Franco and the rest of the cast. I have respect for actors that use discretion when choosing roles. These guys clearly don't care or enjoy being blasphemous. This movie was not even worth the $1.20 to rent it from RedBox. More importantly, I can't get back the time I WASTED watching this garbage. Expand
  62. Dec 27, 2013
    Saying this pathetic movie was targeted to a younger generation would be insulting to their intelligence. I am shocked that the actors were playing "themselves." Hilarious? Not by a long shot unless you giggle at references to a penis and banter about rape. Enjoyable? Hand me the Tums please. Of course in reality these actors are actually more intelligent than the characters they portrayed in the movie. Right? Expand
  63. Jun 19, 2013
    This Is the End has a great cast and delivers from start to finish. If you are a fan of the movies that these actors make you will laugh your ass off. Must watch.
  64. Jun 18, 2013
    Good friends Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel go to a party at James Franco's. While they're there, the apocalypse happens. This leave them (plus Jonah Hill, Danny McBride & Craig Robinson) alone to survive as disaster and the Devil overtake. A liberal sprinkling of celeb cameos adds to the fun. Watching this posse of self-involved, insult-spewing, wimps as they panic and offend provides lots of quick-fire laffs. Much of the humor is absurd, wacky and plenty raunchy, which makes it even more hilarious. Expand
  65. Oct 12, 2013
    This movie was pretty funny. Some spots were just boring and same old dirty jokes, but there are moments that are flat out HILARIOUS and made me laugh out loud. Danny Mcbride's entrance was the funniest thing I have seen in years! I had to rewind that part 3 times. Perfect movie moment. While overall the story is pretty dumb and there are some slow moments, It's worth watching just for the few huge laughs you'll git in spots, in my opinion. Expand
  66. Oct 2, 2013
    This film had me laughing from start to finish. What a great concept for a film and with the brilliant dialogue, superb performances (especially from Danny McBride), awesome special effects and superb ending, this film stands out in mind as one of the best comedies I've ever seen. It even managed to succeed my high expectations.
  67. Oct 13, 2013
    A fun premise, with a bunch of great comedy actors playing themselves. I knew this movie would be hilarious, and it is. A little too vulgar, but hilarious.
  68. Mar 27, 2014
    Not perfect, but still pretty darn funny. It's crude, rude, occasionally offensive, often disgusting, and totally inappropriate. It often trips and stumbles over itself, but when the stars are making fun of themselves and their careers it's not hard to laugh. Admittedly a lot of the shock-humor moments fall short, but the cameos make up for it. Overall I enjoyed laughing at it. even if it isn't always the funniest movie out there. Expand
  69. Jun 28, 2014
    This Is The End is a pretty funny horror comedy that features a decent spate of jokes along side some genuine scares. That said, the film also misses a few crucial shots and comes off a little too self-satisfied. It's fun entertainment but no classic.
  70. Jul 8, 2013
    Fricken Hilarious! I've seen this twice in the theater and I can't wait till it comes out on dvd. It's not perfect but it's funny most of the time and they all have really good chemistry together which makes watching it a lot of fun. I hope they do a sequel.
  71. Aug 19, 2014
    Absolutely atrocious. No thought of effort went into this. Famous potheads ad-libbing does not make an interesting film. Very lazy. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.
  72. Jul 2, 2013
    Very simply an instant classic!! One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. It's ridiculously hilarious!! Based on Seth and Jay vs. The Apocolypse, This Is The End finally hits the big screen. The plot centres around Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill, James Franco, Craig Robinson & Danny McBride, where fictional versions of themselves must deal with the aftermath of an apocalypse! In many ways the film shouldn't work. But believe me it does! It's just genius comedy I mean c'mon there are worse ways to spend an apolocypse than homing up at James Franco's house with a bunch of stoned celebrities! It's such an audacious comedy. Yet it succeeds because of it's creativity. Some of the cameo roles are genius! Rihanna? Emma Watson?! But, the best is Michael Cera. Unmissable!! It's the wildest comedy of the year but something that you truly have to witness for yourself. There really isn't a lot of words that you can use to tell you about this it's one of they films you just have to see for yourself. The dialogue alone is outrageously funny! I haven't laughed naturally so much at a film in a long time. This is the must see comedy film of the year. Make no mistakes, it's daring, rude, crude, smart, inspiring and utterly hilarious. Expand
  73. Jul 5, 2013
    If you're a fan of Seth Rogen's other movies you can probably assume you'll enjoy this too. However stay well away if you don't like wacky, surreal comedy, as this movie is jam packed with it. Certainly my favourite comedy movie since the original Hangover movie, and I got plenty of laughs for the price of my ticket
  74. Jun 20, 2013
    Classic comedy with a few scary moments. Yes, the humor does trend a little crude at times, but if you could not guess that from the trailers, you are not paying attention. All in all a good comedy that could have used a few tweaks to make a great comedy.
  75. Sep 21, 2013
    Badass movie, what more can I say. These guys need to keep doing this

If you're waying up whether to watch this or not.. WATCH IT

Get your best friends over and you will have a blast
  76. Dec 18, 2013
    This is the End is very certainly a fun and entertaining film, providing plenty of laughs and amusing celebrity cameos. Even though I liked the film, it is definitely flawed; some of the humour fell flat (most of them worked though), I didn't necessarily care for any of the characters (actors) and there is plenty of cheap CG. But in the end (pun intended), This is the End is an enjoyable comedy that is worth watching, even if it is flawed. Expand
  77. Jul 18, 2013
    It wasn't fully funny throughout the movie, but does bring religion into play. I thought it was good. The jokes were decent and it reminds you that alot of people still view that the world will end this way.
  78. Oct 2, 2013
    This is the end is the most unique comedy since the original Hangover. The concept of real life actors experiencing the apocalypse in a comedic sense is absolutely hilarious. Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Craig Robinson, and Jonah Hill shine as the core of the group of celebrity friends and I loved the cameos by all of the other celebrities but especially by Emma Watson, Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Rihanna (though I wish Emma had a bigger role... there's no such thing as too much Emma!). The laughter was almost from beginning to end. Honestly, the end is kind of why this film didn't get a higher rating from me. While there were still some parts that made me chuckle, it generally wasn't as funny as the first two-thirds or so of the movie and felt a bit rushed. All-in-all though, this is a must watch comedy, if you don't mind ridiculous and crude guy humor. Expand
  79. Jun 16, 2013
    This movie is not for everyone and it could offend some. I strongly do not believe this is a movie appropriate for children aged 8 to 12 (or younger). There is a lot of violence, sexual references, language, etc.

Now, having said that, it is very funny in places and highly creative. It is not a main street type movie so be prepared that it is a little odd that's what makes it
    watchable. The cast is wonderful, relaxed and engaging. If you've seen Seth's work before, you know his general type of film. This film continues in his general genre but with even more enthusiasm and authenticness. it's like all the constraints are gone.

If you're ready for something a little unusual are not offended easily I suspect you will enjoy this movie.
    Have fun!
  80. Jul 2, 2013
    The most original unoriginal movie I've ever seen. I'm not a fan of most comedies, but this movie was one of the rare gems that pop out every now and then. Rogen, Baruchel, Franco, and Robinson are amazing as exaggerated versions of themselves. Truthfully, the movie made me feel like I was watching how myself and some of my bros would deal with the same situation. Excellent film and absolutely hilarious. Expand
  81. Jul 2, 2013
    "This is the End" is a highly original meta-comedy that puts well known actors into an apocalyptic world. It’s self-referential and the actors essentially play an exaggerated version of themselves. The film is filled with strong creative writing with a lot of laughs. The themes are about being a good person and sacrificing yourself for something greater. The punches keep rolling, only slowing down in a few spots. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s direction is pretty good. They handle spectacle and slow moments very well. I really enjoy how this film manages to throw curve balls once in a while and have the audience on their toes as the movie gets bigger.

The actors play an exaggerated version of themselves. Jay Baruchel is the main character and fights for his friendship with Seth Rogen over James Franco and has a rivalry between Jonah Hill, who is the funniest amongst the whole crew. The cast has great chemistry together as they play off each other very well and you can get a pretty good vibe that these guys are actually friends in real life. They’re all jerks and have to deal with judgment day as they attempt to survive and become better human beings. There are some great cameos from other actors in the film. The best would have to be Emma Watson as she plays a version of herself that we aren’t really used to. The only person that I didn’t like is Danny McBride. He’s annoying and aside from his introduction isn’t all too funny. The cast as a whole is pretty strong and work well together to bring us the laughs.

Overall “This is the End" is an excellent and highly original comedy. It’s extremely funny and smart filled with slapstick, situational, and self-referential humor. The laughs keep coming and only slows down a few times in the beginning and some parts in the middle. The special effects are handled well and the soundtrack supports the film very well. The actors have a fun time playing tabloid versions of themselves and play off each other very effectively. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s script is top-notch and they greatly handle the ever growing scale of the film. I give it 4/5, original and great premise accompanied by a committed cast and laugh out loud humor.
  82. Dec 9, 2013
    Starts off well, but by the middle I wish this movie was at its end. The story is actually pretty boring. I found myself drifting off, not even realizing what was happening. Something about the direction was unappealing, and it just was not as funny as it could have been.
  83. Nov 23, 2013
    Despite its gross-out humor that might lead to some audiences being turned off, This is The End is a funny satire movie about the end of the world with its funny ensemble cast and cameos.
  84. Sep 18, 2013
    Nice comedy, lots of fun and pretty good effects, too I liked the "actors acting themselves" concept and parodizing themselves throughout the movie. Good nomination for a future classic cult comedy.
  85. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You could see that this movie reflected the same emptyness as the actors lives it was based on. I admit its a great movie if your high on pot or drunk or just stupid. But you know the actor writer is completely bankrupt of any creativity and ideas when they resort to sheer shock value and star power for the whole movie.

This movie is definitely a Jump the Shark moment for Seth Rogen and his crew, unfortunately, just the feel goods self affirmation this will give stoners of their lives will make all the potheads give it good reviews, if youre anyone else this movie will be something worth skipping
  86. Jul 12, 2013
    Just watched this film last night and I have to say, well done to Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen. I realize this film isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it's not. The humor is raunchy, it's extremely gory and provocative, and most feminists have already tallied all of the rape jokes featured. These traits does not make it a horrible movie by any means. It's actually quite thought provoking. I left the theater thinking how do I treat people? Would I actually be chosen if anything like this happened? Am I being judged by some higher power? I think that speaks a lot about such a film. Something you wouldn't get from most apocalyptic action flicks where the good guy saves the day in the end or someone makes a sacrifice where all of earth is saved. Earth is not saved, it's instead completely inhabited by demons and left to rot along with the remaining horrible people left. It's a fantastic insight into the apocalypse. Also the fact that it's surrounding the lives of a bunch of celebrities makes it that much better. Here's actors who are well loved by fans, who have a ton of money and power, and yet they aren't safe and no number of Oscars are able to keep them from being judged. You can easily judge this film harshly for its content, but what about films like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Scary Movie, or Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny? I just can't see judging a film based off of it's raunchiness when there are plenty of films that are far worse. If anything, that's why there's an R rating to warn you that it's pushing the envelope and that it's not suitable for younger generations so as long as parents respect those, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Expand
  87. Jun 17, 2013
    Drags a little bit and like almost every comedy ever misses at times, but for what it's trying to be this is hilarious especially. Best enjoyed not sober (use your imagination). If you think movies like Big Lebowski, Pineapple Express, Pulp Fiction, SuperBad, ZombieLand, Shaun of the Dead, Half Baked, Will Ferrell at his best are funny to hilarious you'll enjoy this a ton
  88. Oct 10, 2013
    The trailers looked good and I didn't really know the plot of the movie, so I was seeing it "fresh" sort of speak. First I can say it was better than I thought, with a few good LOL points of the movie. I also liked the music soundtrack for the flick. But if the movie didn't have all these "b" listers sprinkled throughout the first 20 minutes of the movie, who would really like this? The plot is decent but the acting and premise is childish. Which is good if your a child I suppose. Expand
  89. Jun 19, 2013
    A surprisingly well done movie. It's speckled with funny moments through out the entire movie and what really makes this film succeed is the fact that it's not just a comedy parody movie. It's a comedy and a apocalypse film. It's decently funny and is filled with gratuitous celebrity deaths. Honestly what else can you ask for? Although it's not the best film ever it's much better than the average comedy of the past several years. Expand
  90. Jun 17, 2013
    Seeing how this movie got rated by critics 68/100 and users 80/100 just shows how out of touch critics are. How can someone review a movie if they have seen a billion of them and are almost completely jaded?

Anyways, funniest movie I have ever seen right alongside The Great Dictator, Zack and Miri make a porno and 21 Jump Street. Lots of raunchy, offensive humor and sexual jokes. Plenty
    of memorable scenes that will pop up in your mind as you go about in your day, or you may incorporate them in a joke. One of the first movies I have ever seen that I want to go see AGAIN. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Craig Robinson are an unstoppable duo in comedies.

91. Feb 1, 2014
    Now when a bunch of celebrities meet up, dope themselves to mammoth highs, and then decide to have a whale of a time by making a fully ad-libbed film, who am I to bash them? It’s just that the yield of this frenzy cannot possible be enjoyed as long as the same jag isn’t reached by the audiences. Thus, if drugs aren’t your cup of tea, This Is the End won’t be either. Scatological humour, downright terrible special effects, unbearable cheesiness, and drugs and gore in superfluous abundance pile up to one of the hugest disappointments the film year 2013 has held for me. Expand
  92. Jun 21, 2013
    This Is the End is one of the best comedies I've watched in a long time. It's basically celebrities (comedians in particular) playing themselves, making fun of themselves, during the apocalypse. There are some of the best cameos around, and right off the bet there's a joke about Seth Rogen. Every star gets their fair share of screen time and has a personality established for them. This is by no means a comedy for the mature, there are penis jokes galore, but the cast is so damn funny you'll smile throughout the entire movie and have tons of laughs. The overall message is pretty simple and the movie is somewhat predictable, but at the end of the day I went to this movie to laugh, and I laughed my ass off and it's been one of the best crude comedies I've seen in a long time. Expand
  93. Feb 20, 2014
    A pile of steaming crap, sadly. It's just a hall of fame (sort of) of good to 'meh' actors or producers (writers, nobodies, etc.) having fun in a movie that has a plot written on glass of water's coaster - because the person who wrote this hack must be as boring as someone who drinks the same liquid he pisses into.
    $32.000.000 budget movie with 95% spent on convincing people they will not
    blow their career's path or, maybe for the desperate ones, making it any better.

Anybody and i repeat, anybody giving this puke puddle more than a 7 isn't probably a human being because being drunk and/or stupid and/or a fanboy can be an excuse but even the 3 combined couldn't reach the level of foulness it requires to glorify this mistake.

It makes me sick that this .. THING won awards, ergh.
  94. Jun 18, 2013
    This movie was straight up hilarious. I went with my dull brother and he "laughed a couple of times." I humor is just one of those things I'll never understand...not understand how some people view it.
  95. Jun 15, 2013
    The most peculiar and odd film out there. This makes Franco's Spring Breakers look almost normal. Certainly not the movie you would expect by looking at the movie posters. Cameos and decent performances make this story an enjoyable one. Some of the humor though kinda turned me off but that is just personal taste. The movie is good and a lot of the humor is spot on. Leave the kids at home and enjoy this one, just keep an open mind. Expand
  96. Jun 19, 2013
    Best comedy I've seen in a long time. Last year's blockbuster comedy, Ted, was hilarious, but was tedious. This is the years Blockbuster comedy, This Is The End, was written & directed by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, was excellent. Some people complain about the story, but come on.... its a comedy, stop taking it so serious. Anyway, best comedy you'll see this year. I guarantee it.
  97. Jun 15, 2013
    Ranchy, asinine, and nauseating throughout, "This Is The End" may not be for some who are easily offended, but it's most assuredly one of the uniquely hilarious black comedies I have ever seen.
  98. Nov 25, 2013
    I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. A mega party of celebrities at James Franco's house goes awfully wrong when the Apocalypse strikes.

Just when you think you've got the movie figured out, it twists and surprises again. It makes you laugh even when people are dying all around. The celebrities play their own parodied selves_ backstabbing, lying, cheating at every turn. You think
    you can spot the good ones until they do not conform to God's minimal standard of being raised into Heaven and saved from the demons. And sometimes the ones you think are going to get the worst of it redeem themselves and are saved.

The mood is comic even with the fires of hell burning all around and everything going to s***. The concept of the Apocalypse is taken from the Bible and adjusted for comedy, but the bad guys still pay and the good ones still make it to Heaven. I don't get the people hating on this. If you're so afraid of being challenged out of your comfort zones, maybe you should stick to the feel-good movies where you might always be able to predict everything and feel so safe as not to be amazed at all.
  99. Oct 5, 2013
    This movie was better than expected, though not spectacular by any means. The star-power alone should be enough to draw interest, and I mean... EMMA WATSON. Although I wish Aziz had a more of a role since I do like him as a comedian. Often funny (sometimes not so much) and some good over-the-top but in a good way scenarios, this is definitely a funny enough movie to watch if you're looking for some laughs. Expand
  100. Feb 14, 2014
    As a whole I though it was enjoyable, but perhaps a bit too over the top at times. The first two thirds of the movie are priceless, filled with funny as hell moments that make this movie worth seeing. But the last third and it start going a bit on the stupid side, practically shattering the vibe set before. Overall: While I was disappointed with the end, I still though it was fun to watch.

Side Note:
    Emma Watson kicks ass! A shame she wasn't in it more.

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Jul 3, 2013
    This apocalypse isn’t a nightmare so much as the ultimate bromantic fantasy, one in which – with the removal of any responsibility – the boys are free to bicker, banter, and bed down together.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Jun 29, 2013
    No comedy classic, then, but a good natured and engaging slice of goonish self-mockery.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 29, 2013
    Some funny stuff, but a rental/download only.