6.0

1. Feb 22, 2012
    The probable reason that critics are generally not favorable to this movie is because they are "critics". We are not, we aim to enjoy the movie. It is undeniable that the movie is extremely illogical, but indeed it's ridiculously fun. The plot is highly predictable but if you want to have good laughs, this movie is your choice.
  2. Feb 19, 2012
    I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I'd never heard of Tom Hardy before, but now I'd like to look up his bio and find out what else he's been in. I'm so glad that movies are letting some actors use their natural English accents, which are so sexy. He has a great voice. At first I didn't think I would care for either male lead, but they both did an excellent job.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    I think this movie is exactly what it promises to be. If you think you're going to like it, you probably will. If you think you'll hate it, you should probably see something else. It was a completely predictable entertaining bromance. The focus was more on the friendship between the two men, then the love triangle, and the action was very entertaining and tongue in cheek. If you wantI think this movie is exactly what it promises to be. If you think you're going to like it, you probably will. If you think you'll hate it, you should probably see something else. It was a completely predictable entertaining bromance. The focus was more on the friendship between the two men, then the love triangle, and the action was very entertaining and tongue in cheek. If you want suspense and mystery, do not watch this movie. If you want something light, and funny, this is a good pick. Expand
  4. Feb 18, 2012
    The critics must have sticks up their asses. This was a fun and enjoyable date movie that should be seen if you feel like going out to the movies and having a food time. You're not supposed to take movies like this so seriously, as it seems the critics are. Lighten up.
  5. Feb 20, 2012
    I really don't know why this movie is getting such awful reviews. It is exactly what you pay for. A easy going buddy cop movie with a romance story at the center. It never stops being fun to watch. You may never laugh so hard it hurts but you'll smile the entire time and be glad you saw something so fun. The story is weak and predictable but the fun is 100% pure and easy going. This MeansI really don't know why this movie is getting such awful reviews. It is exactly what you pay for. A easy going buddy cop movie with a romance story at the center. It never stops being fun to watch. You may never laugh so hard it hurts but you'll smile the entire time and be glad you saw something so fun. The story is weak and predictable but the fun is 100% pure and easy going. This Means War is totally entertaining! Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    This film was highly enjoyable. As a RomCom it did everything it should and if you are expecting something other than a RomCom then perhaps you won't enjoy it.
  7. May 31, 2012
    I generally hate any film like this but I like Tom Hardy so I decided to get it a chance. Not only was I suprised that I liked it but I actually loved it. I think it was funny through out, The acting was solid as well. The only flaw of this film is the poor looking action sequences, You can easily tell what is real and what is green screen and that is quite disapointing. Besides that, ItI generally hate any film like this but I like Tom Hardy so I decided to get it a chance. Not only was I suprised that I liked it but I actually loved it. I think it was funny through out, The acting was solid as well. The only flaw of this film is the poor looking action sequences, You can easily tell what is real and what is green screen and that is quite disapointing. Besides that, It was a pretty good movie and definently worth the watch. Expand
  8. Feb 18, 2012
    More of a chick-flick than an action movie, but for couples on a date not wanting to go see Beauty and the Beast it's a good alternative with some action, comedy and skin.
  9. Mar 29, 2012
    Other terrible, and horrible rating. This Means War have the same situation like What's Your Number? is a great comedy film, with an excellent (or in this case better) cast. Reese Whiterspoon is fantastic, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy, wow, awesome. The screenplay, soundtrack, score, all do of This Means War one of the most funny comedy films of this year.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    I don't care what critics say or what others say, but I really liked the movie. I don't require perfection from the movie, I enjoyed it and I can say it's at least worth of 9. It wasn't like "the best movie of all time" but it was great. Great actors, good humor and even quite nice effects, although it wasn't supposed to be pretension with effects. Some cuts from random scenes were able toI don't care what critics say or what others say, but I really liked the movie. I don't require perfection from the movie, I enjoyed it and I can say it's at least worth of 9. It wasn't like "the best movie of all time" but it was great. Great actors, good humor and even quite nice effects, although it wasn't supposed to be pretension with effects. Some cuts from random scenes were able to see with bare eyes, but so it's in many other movies too and it doesn't matter so much. I'm definitely going to buy this when it's coming out and I recommend this for all who likes good action and comedy movies. Expand
  11. Apr 1, 2012
    HILARIOUS! and serious eye candy. It was funny. It was sexy. It was pointless but so so good. Reese was a nice addition and the boys were super sexy. "make it rain" LOVE THAT!
  12. Jun 8, 2012
    This movie made me laugh a lt. This means war had a great story it was full of action. The director MCG also directed Charlies Angels Full Throttle which also made me laugh this is a good movie very enjoyable
  13. Nov 29, 2012
    I thought this movie was outstanding. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are both great in their roles. Reese Witherspoon is stunning as usual. But the best character was Chelsea Handler. She was absolutely hilarious and really provided the best laughs in the film. The story was also pretty cool and the action sequences were explosive, though not quite realistic. Still, it's not meant to be allI thought this movie was outstanding. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are both great in their roles. Reese Witherspoon is stunning as usual. But the best character was Chelsea Handler. She was absolutely hilarious and really provided the best laughs in the film. The story was also pretty cool and the action sequences were explosive, though not quite realistic. Still, it's not meant to be all about realism. It is exactly what it set out to be; A lighthearted film with lots of laughs and explosions. It wasn't perfect but it's definitely one of my favorite movies I've seen this year. Expand
  14. Mar 16, 2012
    I loved it.
    The movie was a delight from start to finish. It was gorgeous, for one thing, and I am not just talking about the actors, although they're gorgeous, too. The cinematography is splendid.
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    One of the funniest movies I've seen, this year or any year.

There's a secret agent who meets a girl - and then wants the girl but cannot be totally honest of what he does for a living. Only there are two agents, who are partners and friends, and they decide to do this in a gentleman-like fashion. The movie gives what it promises: lots of laughs when two men do anything in their
    One of the funniest movies I've seen, this year or any year.

The movie gives what it promises: lots of laughs when two men do anything in their power to ruin each others' special moments with the girl they want for themselves.

Chris Pine and Tom Hardy do very well in this one. Their covert missions to find their own shortcomings are awesome, and they never stop being badass agents.

Reese Witherspoon, indecisive and feeling bad for having two guys on her arm at the same time, isn't all that impressive but she does what she's required.

I'm not sure how I wanted the movie to end. It was a bit disappointing, maybe, how easily they resolved the problem for everyone, but still satisfying enough that it left me feeling happy and giddy from all the laughs and awesome situations these two men put each other in for one girl's attentions.
  16. May 16, 2012
    This isn't just your average chick flick, it does well to get the right mix of action and comedy as well. My only real gripe with the film is that I don't feel the story is fully realised. About half way through I found myself wondering where the hell they were going (and not in the good, suspense-filled way), while as it drew to a close, without spoiling anything, I wondered how anThis isn't just your average chick flick, it does well to get the right mix of action and comedy as well. My only real gripe with the film is that I don't feel the story is fully realised. About half way through I found myself wondering where the hell they were going (and not in the good, suspense-filled way), while as it drew to a close, without spoiling anything, I wondered how an outcome that left the viewers happy and satisfied was possible.

That said, this is not a bad film by any means. It does a fairly decent job in catering to all markets, whether it be romance, comedy or action that you are looking for. My suggestion would be to give this one a go, it may surprise you.

Twitter @VizualDze
  17. Apr 2, 2012
    Even though this film was my girlfriend's pick, it still had me entertained throughout the entire film. The characters are both likeable, acting is decent and the ending actually had me surprised. I won't spoil it, but keep in mind that for once, the most obvious Hollywood choice of who gets the girl does not apply here.
  18. Jul 19, 2012
    Well, honesty I enjoyed so much watching this movie. I found nothing negative in this film. In fact, I think Chris & Tom both had done a great job. I love the story as well.
  19. Jul 22, 2012
    Saw This Means War early today. Another fun movie from McG. From the trailers I thought Tom hardy seemed like a kind of miscast but he actually turned out being really good. He played a different character than he usually does and I liked it. He and Chris Pine were rellly good together.
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    Great chases are provided and filled with entertainment in This Means War, along with great characters and personalities. This means war is full fun filled a flick that is worth a watch.
  21. Apr 7, 2013
    Overall, I really enjoyed this movie and I think critics were way too hard on it. No, This Means War is not an Oscar worthy film. Yes, the majority of the action scenes were not realistic and it was easy to tell when a green screen was used, but This Means War isn't meant to be purely action based nor is it meant to be taken seriously. As a Rom-Com, the movie was spot-on. The acting wasOverall, I really enjoyed this movie and I think critics were way too hard on it. No, This Means War is not an Oscar worthy film. Yes, the majority of the action scenes were not realistic and it was easy to tell when a green screen was used, but This Means War isn't meant to be purely action based nor is it meant to be taken seriously. As a Rom-Com, the movie was spot-on. The acting was great (my personal favorite was Pine not only is the man BEAUTIFUL but he was very fun and charismatic) and I found myself laughing quite a bit throughout. If you're looking for a lighthearted and fun Rom-Com, I would absolutely recommend This Means War. Expand
  22. Apr 23, 2014
    No matter what the rest of the critics say, you have to go and see the movie for yourself. That is one of the fundamentals of movie reviewing: you can't just rely on the critics for everything. In fact, I thought this movie was alright. I enjoyed the story, even if it was predictable at some points. I dreaded the fact that you could see the ending coming from a mile away, as I wanted aNo matter what the rest of the critics say, you have to go and see the movie for yourself. That is one of the fundamentals of movie reviewing: you can't just rely on the critics for everything. In fact, I thought this movie was alright. I enjoyed the story, even if it was predictable at some points. I dreaded the fact that you could see the ending coming from a mile away, as I wanted a more random twist to happen. But it was fun to see the journey. Expand
  23. Apr 17, 2015
    Despite how dumb the humor material is and cheap action sequences that director McG does behind the camera, the film has actors Chris Pine and Tom Hardy who know to do "action" well despite the director. I just do not get why Resse Witherspoon is in this action ball buster, apparently in a McG film you have to have an academy award winner not look good. It's surprising and impressive thatDespite how dumb the humor material is and cheap action sequences that director McG does behind the camera, the film has actors Chris Pine and Tom Hardy who know to do "action" well despite the director. I just do not get why Resse Witherspoon is in this action ball buster, apparently in a McG film you have to have an academy award winner not look good. It's surprising and impressive that good action stars Pine and Hardy can handle the material. Chelsea Handler's character is totally wasted in this movie or funny. Grade B+ Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2015
    This movie is exactly what it aimed to be...stupid fun. There are so many moments that are so funny and you get sold by Hardy and Pine fighting over these girls. tons of laughs.
  25. Oct 22, 2015
    This is a usual romantic comedy, don't expect anything more than that. It's a good one, though. It serves its purpose, it's funny. I could laugh at many jokes, it was entertaining.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Feb 27, 2012
    Smart, funny and really quite hot, this is worth a look no matter what you think of "Charlie's Angels."
  2. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 21, 2012
    With the material they're given, they mostly just seem foolish for showing up to the movie to begin with. Audiences would do well to avoid the same mistake.
  3. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Feb 20, 2012
    The action, which bookends the movie, is atrocious, defying all laws of gravity and physics and machine gun-edited into incomprehensible lunacy.