6.1

1. Aug 31, 2014
    "Don't choose the better guy, choose the guy that's gonna make you the better girl." - Trish

A combiation of Action Movie with Comedy Romance..It's ok.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    One of the funniest movies I've seen, this year or any year. There's a secret agent who meets a girl - and then wants the girl but cannot be totally honest of what he does for a living. Only there are two agents, who are partners and friends, and they decide to do this in a gentleman-like fashion. The movie gives what it promises: lots of laughs when two men do anything in their power to ruin each others' special moments with the girl they want for themselves.

Chris Pine and Tom Hardy do very well in this one. Their covert missions to find their own shortcomings are awesome, and they never stop being badass agents.

Reese Witherspoon, indecisive and feeling bad for having two guys on her arm at the same time, isn't all that impressive but she does what she's required.

I'm not sure how I wanted the movie to end. It was a bit disappointing, maybe, how easily they resolved the problem for everyone, but still satisfying enough that it left me feeling happy and giddy from all the laughs and awesome situations these two men put each other in for one girl's attentions.
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    No matter what the rest of the critics say, you have to go and see the movie for yourself. That is one of the fundamentals of movie reviewing: you can't just rely on the critics for everything. In fact, I thought this movie was alright. I enjoyed the story, even if it was predictable at some points. I dreaded the fact that you could see the ending coming from a mile away, as I wanted a more random twist to happen. But it was fun to see the journey. Expand
  4. Jan 1, 2014
    The trailer told me this was an action comedy which it is to a degree but contains spaced out violence, hit and miss humour and lets be honest its a bit cheesy. Tom Hardy was the only decent thing about this film.
  5. Jul 20, 2013
    With Reese Witherspoon and Tom Hardy in the worse shape, This Means War is a idiot film with a frightening lack of humor and one of the worst action-comedy of all time.
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    This film has Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, and Reese Witherspoon and it's not good tells you something about the director. McG who screwed up Terminator makes this and the script is poor.
  7. Apr 7, 2013
    Overall, I really enjoyed this movie and I think critics were way too hard on it. No, This Means War is not an Oscar worthy film. Yes, the majority of the action scenes were not realistic and it was easy to tell when a green screen was used, but This Means War isn't meant to be purely action based nor is it meant to be taken seriously. As a Rom-Com, the movie was spot-on. The acting was great (my personal favorite was Pine not only is the man BEAUTIFUL but he was very fun and charismatic) and I found myself laughing quite a bit throughout. If you're looking for a lighthearted and fun Rom-Com, I would absolutely recommend This Means War. Expand
  8. Mar 12, 2013
    Great chases are provided and filled with entertainment in This Means War, along with great characters and personalities. This means war is full fun filled a flick that is worth a watch.
  9. Jan 11, 2013
    It was nice to see these three screen stars take a break and enjoy a silly popcorn movie, but this was just ridiculous.
    We see federal agents Tuck (Tom Hardy) and FDR (Chris Pine) going about their usual routine of Bonding it through the first ten minutes, until they accidentally start dating the same girl, Lauren (Reese Witherspoon) which sets off a chain reaction of pointless drama and
    repetitive lines that never stops. Attempting to sabotage each other dates through equipment used on the field, they soon come to blows, predictably, over who she prefers. The idea was funny, but director McG missed the point completely, the first mission at the start of the film ends tragically for the enemy which as usual sets up a 'big boss' final battle, which was mediocre at best. Hardy seems to realise halfway through the film, "what have I done?" but Pine does to relish his role as the womanising FDR, Witherspoon almost settles back into the ditzy blonde of yester-year we first seen in Legally Blonde. Bane vs Captain Kirk, where did all go wrong?
    Well, there simply wasn't enough of these two beating the hell out of the bad guys or out of each other, these were easily the best parts of the film.
    This film also fell into the trap of putting all the best parts into the trailer, there was nothing left to ponder, bland and predictable.
    This score simply because of the talent involved
  10. Nov 29, 2012
    I thought this movie was outstanding. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are both great in their roles. Reese Witherspoon is stunning as usual. But the best character was Chelsea Handler. She was absolutely hilarious and really provided the best laughs in the film. The story was also pretty cool and the action sequences were explosive, though not quite realistic. Still, it's not meant to be all about realism. It is exactly what it set out to be; A lighthearted film with lots of laughs and explosions. It wasn't perfect but it's definitely one of my favorite movies I've seen this year. Expand
  11. Aug 3, 2012
    This Means War is an OK movie, but thats about it. Its the perfect movie to see if there is really nothing else to see or do because at its core it provides some entertainment particularly at its mid term. Otherwise, this is a bland movie that falls under a predictable and (kind of boring) route. Theres some decent chemistry between the characters, but nothing too outstanding or good for that matter. The action sequences are laughable, and the romance falls into merely believable. What saves the movie is its actual main hook of two best friends fighting for an undecided woman using their arsenal of agency weapons and espionage which does provides some entertaining moments. The problem is when it changes its pace and tries to cover other more in-depth areas, which it doesnt do effectively. In fact, some of the scenes seem unnecessary, some just end with no reason whatsoever without accomplishing anything important- leaving the feeling that it was unnecessary. Overall, this is not bad, but it is not good either, and to be completely honest it strives more into bad than good. Watch it if there is nothing else. Expand
  12. Aug 1, 2012
    "This Means War" is downright bland. Reese Witherspoon's acting can't get any **** and so goes to the weak triangular chemistry between the main characters. Subtract out the action and what do you get? A **** romantic comedy.
  13. Jul 22, 2012
    Saw This Means War early today. Another fun movie from McG. From the trailers I thought Tom hardy seemed like a kind of miscast but he actually turned out being really good. He played a different character than he usually does and I liked it. He and Chris Pine were rellly good together.
  14. Jul 21, 2012
    This is movie making by commitee and no surprise to see it was made by 'mcg'. Lots of action for the guys. Check. A romantic plot for the girls. Check. Three hot leads. Check. A plot to appeal to teenage girls. Check. As usual, trying to make a movie that will appeal to everyone always fails to deliver, and this does big time. Tom hardy is my favourite actor around right now, but comedy, errr....no. Chris pine fairs much better and is the only good thing in this movie. Reese witherspoon is as adorable as ever, but the whole thing is just uninvolving and boring. Oh, and witherspoons 'kooky' and 'hilarious' friend offering advice (Check) has been done to death over the past 25 years and should now surely be laid to rest. A wish fulfillment movie for teenage girls, everyone else should probably steer clear. Expand
  15. Jul 19, 2012
    Well, honesty I enjoyed so much watching this movie. I found nothing negative in this film. In fact, I think Chris & Tom both had done a great job. I love the story as well.
  16. Jul 18, 2012
    Hey, cut it some slack, it's a popcorn movie and it knows that. Sometimes it's good to see a mindless action movie. Maybe, if the plot wasn't so stupid we could have a good movie. But, for now, we have this.
  17. Jul 18, 2012
    Some parts of the movie were funny, and there is a good dynamic between the characters, but ultimately I was not satisfied by the film in its entirety.
  18. Jul 3, 2012
    A fun Romcom with a bromance between Pine and Hardy that brings some on screen chemistry to the picture. The explosions and cheesy scenes are overdone. The plot drags along like a Ben Bernake financial news conference. Casual movie goers will enjoy the simplicity of the character development and simple plot. In the end This Means War is another film that defines average to its core
  19. Jun 8, 2012
    This movie made me laugh a lt. This means war had a great story it was full of action. The director MCG also directed Charlies Angels Full Throttle which also made me laugh this is a good movie very enjoyable
  20. May 31, 2012
    I generally hate any film like this but I like Tom Hardy so I decided to get it a chance. Not only was I suprised that I liked it but I actually loved it. I think it was funny through out, The acting was solid as well. The only flaw of this film is the poor looking action sequences, You can easily tell what is real and what is green screen and that is quite disapointing. Besides that, It was a pretty good movie and definently worth the watch. Expand
  21. May 28, 2012
    A decent film that does what it's supposed to. It's pretty entertaining and has some funny moments, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, its the sort of film I'd enjoy watching with friends. Hardy and Pine make a good double act.
  22. May 16, 2012
    This isn't just your average chick flick, it does well to get the right mix of action and comedy as well. My only real gripe with the film is that I don't feel the story is fully realised. About half way through I found myself wondering where the hell they were going (and not in the good, suspense-filled way), while as it drew to a close, without spoiling anything, I wondered how an outcome that left the viewers happy and satisfied was possible.

That said, this is not a bad film by any means. It does a fairly decent job in catering to all markets, whether it be romance, comedy or action that you are looking for. My suggestion would be to give this one a go, it may surprise you.

Twitter @VizualDze
  23. May 6, 2012
    This movie was highly predictable, flash and glitter, but despite all that, fun to watch. It has little redeeming value in way of script or story but the scenes are executed flawlessly and lots of money was put into it; this accounts for the very poor critics scoring and rather satisfying audience scoring in contrast. I enjoyed it for little more reasons than the director's sense of timing and a change of subject matter (after a few heavy flicks, a light whatever this is was welcomed). There are three key characters at play here: Lauren, FDR Foster and Tuck, respectively played by Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy. The other actors with some degree of screen time are Til Schweiger and Chelsea Handler; the former I'm familiar with, am usually satisfied with his performances and is well cast, while the latter I know little about and is also well cast based on this movie's performance. As for the three main actors, I never much cared for Witherspoon and this movie has done nothing to change my indifference; I enjoyed Pine's performance in both the 2009 Star Trek motion picture in which he played the lead, as well as the performance in this movie, and as for Tom Hardy, I'm simply a fan based on nine movies I've seen him in (Warrior, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Inception, Bronson, RocknRolla, Sucker Punch, Layer Cake and Black Hawk Down). If you watch the 2011 movie Warrior and don't count yourself as a fan, don't say you are when he gets nominated or even wins an Oscar one day. So now you know why I bother to watch it after reading the outline. Expand
  24. May 4, 2012
    This film might have been good if it was a lot shorter. It takes half an hour for the actual premise to even start but even once it does, the only good parts with the 2 agents competing/fighting are the ones in the trailer and rest is just RomCom-y dating scenes. There is also some scenes of them hunting down some guy for their actual CIA jobs and they are just a an annoying and pointless distraction. Its not funny enough to be a comedy, and it doesn't have enough action to be an action comedy so its basically just a bad Rom Com. Expand
  25. Apr 17, 2012
    Total crap. It only earns points because there was a little bit of comedy every now and then. But horrible otherwise. Acting was so fake in the movie.20/100
  26. Apr 2, 2012
    Even though this film was my girlfriend's pick, it still had me entertained throughout the entire film. The characters are both likeable, acting is decent and the ending actually had me surprised. I won't spoil it, but keep in mind that for once, the most obvious Hollywood choice of who gets the girl does not apply here.
  27. Apr 1, 2012
    HILARIOUS! and serious eye candy. It was funny. It was sexy. It was pointless but so so good. Reese was a nice addition and the boys were super sexy. "make it rain" LOVE THAT!
  28. Mar 29, 2012
    Other terrible, and horrible rating. This Means War have the same situation like What's Your Number? is a great comedy film, with an excellent (or in this case better) cast. Reese Whiterspoon is fantastic, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy, wow, awesome. The screenplay, soundtrack, score, all do of This Means War one of the most funny comedy films of this year.
  29. Mar 26, 2012
    This film was highly enjoyable. As a RomCom it did everything it should and if you are expecting something other than a RomCom then perhaps you won't enjoy it.
  30. Mar 18, 2012
    Giving a 9 or a 10 to this movie takes away the credit of that user.

Something isn't a 10 because "this movie is exactly what it promises to be". If that was the norm a ten should be the score for a movie entitled "the worst movie ever"...

I can agree with a 6 or even a 7 if you were entertained by it... But a 9 or a 10 is for "the best movies in your opinion"... Is, for anyone that
    commented here, this the case of this movie?

Please... help others decide when commenting.
  31. Mar 17, 2012
    I thought this movie was okay. Though critics hated it, I thought it was watchable and I did laugh at some scenes in the movie even though they're quite contrived. I thought it would've worked better as a romantic comedy by itself instead of an action-romantic comedy as the action scenes were kind of dull and didn't really need a villain. The film stumbles whenever it tries to juggle between trying to appeal to both women (Reese Witherspoon's relationship dilemma) and men (Chris Pine's and Tom Hardy's CIA work) and it ruins the consistency of tone. I also found some of the jokes kind of flat and repeating myself, the action scenes are again, kind of dull. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy have the most screen time but they have to keep swapping between each other's scenes with Witherspoon, which is very distracting. Chris Pine plays your typical womanising, arrogant douche bag but not in a likable sense and Tom Hardy plays the nice guy who just wants a serious relationship (contradictory with all his tattoos). Reese Witherspoon was okay but her character has trouble sticking to one personality, either she is an amazing, smart and interesting woman or a dumb broad who doesn't have any luck with relationships. The thing I hated the most about this film is Reese Witherspoon character's best friend who is obnoxious, irritating and just there as a walking sex joke and shouldn't be in the movie at all. The best thing about this film is of course, Tom Hardy. His charm and cool disposition gives the film a charismatic identity though it's strange to see him play as the straight guy and it would've made more sense if he played the womanising douche. Overall, I think this film is okay. It's your typical romantic comedy with a quote-on-quote "action" twist but what do you expect? Expand
  32. Mar 16, 2012
    I loved it.
    The movie was a delight from start to finish. It was gorgeous, for one thing, and I am not just talking about the actors, although they're gorgeous, too. The cinematography is splendid.
  33. Mar 14, 2012
    McG is a poor mans Michael Bay, which is pretty damn bad. If you don't see the ending coming from a mile away, you must be slow. Predictable, unfunny and for an "action rom-com" the action is pretty **** and the comedy is lacking, only thing is the "romance" which seems to be more of a "bro-mance" if anything. No chemistry between either lead male and Reese. Train wreck, but no where near as bad as any Adam Sandler movie from last year. Expand
  34. Mar 11, 2012
    I don't care what critics say or what others say, but I really liked the movie. I don't require perfection from the movie, I enjoyed it and I can say it's at least worth of 9. It wasn't like "the best movie of all time" but it was great. Great actors, good humor and even quite nice effects, although it wasn't supposed to be pretension with effects. Some cuts from random scenes were able to see with bare eyes, but so it's in many other movies too and it doesn't matter so much. I'm definitely going to buy this when it's coming out and I recommend this for all who likes good action and comedy movies. Expand
  35. Mar 9, 2012
    Non sophsticated yet entertaining movie. When somebody knows his goals and limits, he definitely will earn appreciation, that's the status of this movie, it is just for fun and pass time, no more. Two secret agents (Chris Spine) and (Tom Hardy) compete, unlawfully, for the same girl (Rise Witherspoon), they use the power they have for their own good, tracking each other trails with the girl they both want. The girl is unable of making her choice, her life has dramatically twisted, from suffering dry times to having to make a hard selection of a lover from the two offerings. Her councillor and adviser is a friend (Chelsea Handler) who usually gives the non correct opinion. This short and fast running movie didn't waste time, from trying to win the girl along with some intelligence operations, the romantic final comes in favor of the American agent, the British agent returns to his ex-wife and son. Don't expect complex scenario or acting, there is no room for either, just laughter from time to time, semi exciting car races and fighting, and some love scenes. Expand
  36. Mar 8, 2012
    I wanted to hate This Means War but I couldn't. It actually was a movie that I had a few laughs at and could enjoy as the movie doesn't take itself too seriously. There are many short comings such as being very predictable and cliched characters. The best thing I can say about this movie is that I still hate its director more, McG will never be forgiven for Terminator Salvation! If you want an easy watch that you can go to see with the girlfriend/wife/partner you could do worse. Expand
  37. Feb 23, 2012
    I think if you want a predictable, goofy spy/love film that runs a little too long then I think this film would be enjoyable. However, I must admit this was a mistake for myself, but seen as I can only review how I felt, here it goes. The opening scene is rather good, a lot of nice action and explosions but it is a downwards spiral from there. The characters were underdeveloped and the plot a little ridiculous, but this movie was never claiming to have award winning potential. Made for valentine's day this one, and even at that when you don't want your brain to be used or simply to pass time when you have nothing else to do. 3/10 Expand
  38. Feb 23, 2012
    Two CIA agents (Chris Pine & Tom Hardy) are best buds, until they fall for the same woman (Reese Witherspoon) and employ their spy skills to sabotage each other's game. There's potential for comedy and combat, but the script is pretty pedestrian with few laughs and the action (with the exception of the final chase) is unimaginative. Both of the men are charming, but lack comic chops. Witherspoon does her best, but the paltry dialogue leaves her little to work with. While it's never dull, it's never especially special or fun. Expand
  39. Feb 23, 2012
    As I've asserted in the past, knowing what the critics think about a movie is a great way to moderate your expectations for a movie. In this case, I liked the trailer, but hesitated when the critics dogged it. But I caught a late show anyway, with mega-low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised - I actually laughed throughout this film. I mean there's BAD (see Katherine Heigl's "One for the Money"), and then there's light humor and McG-style action with a heart. This movie delivers the latter in spades. I have a feeling that some of the pro critics shut it down before the movie even got going, because this is not a "red" film. I'd even recommend it - again, for what it is! Collapse
  40. Feb 22, 2012
    The probable reason that critics are generally not favorable to this movie is because they are "critics". We are not, we aim to enjoy the movie. It is undeniable that the movie is extremely illogical, but indeed it's ridiculously fun. The plot is highly predictable but if you want to have good laughs, this movie is your choice.
  41. Feb 20, 2012
    I really don't know why this movie is getting such awful reviews. It is exactly what you pay for. A easy going buddy cop movie with a romance story at the center. It never stops being fun to watch. You may never laugh so hard it hurts but you'll smile the entire time and be glad you saw something so fun. The story is weak and predictable but the fun is 100% pure and easy going. This Means War is totally entertaining! Expand
  42. Feb 20, 2012
    I can't make myself hate this movie because I actually enjoyed it. There is enough comedy to make it amusing, and the story is not bad either. It is short on action, but there are just enough thrills to make it an overall good movie.
  43. Feb 20, 2012
    I think this movie is exactly what it promises to be. If you think you're going to like it, you probably will. If you think you'll hate it, you should probably see something else. It was a completely predictable entertaining bromance. The focus was more on the friendship between the two men, then the love triangle, and the action was very entertaining and tongue in cheek. If you want suspense and mystery, do not watch this movie. If you want something light, and funny, this is a good pick. Expand
  44. Feb 19, 2012
    I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I'd never heard of Tom Hardy before, but now I'd like to look up his bio and find out what else he's been in. I'm so glad that movies are letting some actors use their natural English accents, which are so sexy. He has a great voice. At first I didn't think I would care for either male lead, but they both did an excellent job.
  45. Feb 19, 2012
    Obviously, if a movie is directed by someone called 'McG', it's going to be terrible. The sad thing is, once again the male characters are too dumb and weak for Reese Witherspoon's character. In 'How Do You Know', she chose a limp, mugging Paul Rudd, and it pushed a movie that was already in trouble over the cliff. Here, the two guys are clearly more attracted to each other than they are to any woman, so the story makes no sense. And the conversations between Witherspoon and Chelsea Handler are just sad. Two smart women who can't talk about a single thing besides men. It's loud, incoherent, humorless, predictable, dumb, and bad. Other than that, it's still not very good. Expand
  46. Feb 18, 2012
    The critics must have sticks up their asses. This was a fun and enjoyable date movie that should be seen if you feel like going out to the movies and having a food time. You're not supposed to take movies like this so seriously, as it seems the critics are. Lighten up.
  47. Feb 18, 2012
    More of a chick-flick than an action movie, but for couples on a date not wanting to go see Beauty and the Beast it's a good alternative with some action, comedy and skin.
  48. Feb 17, 2012
    Fairly entertaining with enough chuckles to keep your interest through most of the movie. A number of the scenes were a little over the top which caused it to lose traction but this is expected with this type of movie.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Feb 27, 2012
    Smart, funny and really quite hot, this is worth a look no matter what you think of "Charlie's Angels."
  2. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Feb 21, 2012
    With the material they're given, they mostly just seem foolish for showing up to the movie to begin with. Audiences would do well to avoid the same mistake.
  3. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Feb 20, 2012
    The action, which bookends the movie, is atrocious, defying all laws of gravity and physics and machine gun-edited into incomprehensible lunacy.