7.4

1. Nov 8, 2013
    Thor 2 is a huge improvement over Thor 1. Everything about this movie excelled my expectations, The action is truly epic, its a lot more brutal and darker. the Villain was done properly!! finally Marvel!! Malekeith is brutal, heartless, and a force to be reckon with, his personal bodyguard gave Thor some much needed challenge. Loki is brilliant as always, the movie rarely slows down andThor 2 is a huge improvement over Thor 1. Everything about this movie excelled my expectations, The action is truly epic, its a lot more brutal and darker. the Villain was done properly!! finally Marvel!! Malekeith is brutal, heartless, and a force to be reckon with, his personal bodyguard gave Thor some much needed challenge. Loki is brilliant as always, the movie rarely slows down and the action has a great pace, it has some cheesy moments with awkward humor, but does not distract from the overall experience. Thor uses all his powers and the effects are superb. DO NOT MISS THE BEGINNING CREDITS AND THE POST CREDITS SCENES.

PS: dat shape shifting cameo, genius
  2. Nov 9, 2013
    i guess this movie being bad or good completely depends on the person's opinion on the matter because it looks like everyone seemed to enjoy this movie; i for one disliked it; why you ask? because this movie failed to excite me or keep me on the edge of my seat; thor tries so hard to be intense, epic, and funny and the same time! what thor fails to realize though is that if you try to bei guess this movie being bad or good completely depends on the person's opinion on the matter because it looks like everyone seemed to enjoy this movie; i for one disliked it; why you ask? because this movie failed to excite me or keep me on the edge of my seat; thor tries so hard to be intense, epic, and funny and the same time! what thor fails to realize though is that if you try to be funny then you ruin the intensity of the action youre trying to aim for; the epicness was cobbled down by all these comedic one liners the cast shouts out every 5 minutes; thats fine and all if youre trying to be a funny movie; but this movie is trying to get you worried about villians trying to take over the galaxy but when youre laughing the whole time, the worryment tends to fade away; case in point, this movie didnt know what it was trying to be; the movie spouts off in all sorts of different directions and fails to establish itself strongly in a style

case in point, this movie failed to excite me, the villains were forgettable, the plot was uninteresting due to lack of explanation of whats going on; lack of character developement, lack of acting and attachment to the characters,this movie has so much going wrong with it

the only thing keeping me from giving this movie a 0 was the CG effects and thor's brother; thor's brother was like the only character that stood out from the rest; he carried a persona and executed it well through his style
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    Liked the first one even with it's somewhat lackluster second half but Thor 2 isn't very impressive. The majority of the movie is people talking most of the dialogue isn't really engaging nor important. The scenes with Loki are the highlight as is the last fightscene but everything else is pretty bland. The rest of the fightscenes are boring and the while the villain, Maliketh is veryLiked the first one even with it's somewhat lackluster second half but Thor 2 isn't very impressive. The majority of the movie is people talking most of the dialogue isn't really engaging nor important. The scenes with Loki are the highlight as is the last fightscene but everything else is pretty bland. The rest of the fightscenes are boring and the while the villain, Maliketh is very intimidating, he along with most of the movie is pretty generic. Save your money for Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past and Avengers 2. Expand
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    For me, the first movie was more enjoyable. The Dark World has potentials but failed to deliver a convincing act and dialogue. The jokes are often on-point, but some are too much. The production is also a little bit all over the place and I can't really enjoy the one and a half hour spent seeing the whole movie. It did entertain me, but not to the point where I'd happily give out at leastFor me, the first movie was more enjoyable. The Dark World has potentials but failed to deliver a convincing act and dialogue. The jokes are often on-point, but some are too much. The production is also a little bit all over the place and I can't really enjoy the one and a half hour spent seeing the whole movie. It did entertain me, but not to the point where I'd happily give out at least a 7 or an 8. Expand
  5. Dec 2, 2013
    Seen it yesterday very poor movie ,plot and very poor actor I sometimes enjoyed some scenes especially the big battles and thor sequences but that's it you will forget this movie very soon
  6. Nov 11, 2013
    A crammed cinema-going for the weekend is a belated diversion since not too much going on for the past month in the burgeoning Chinese market. The chapter one THOR (2011, 5/10) and the mega-amalgam THE AVENGERS (2012, 5/10) didn’t lure me into Thor’s fan base, but this sequel does boost the franchise’s morals by further intermingling the epic apocalypse between the vast Gods’ realm and theA crammed cinema-going for the weekend is a belated diversion since not too much going on for the past month in the burgeoning Chinese market. The chapter one THOR (2011, 5/10) and the mega-amalgam THE AVENGERS (2012, 5/10) didn’t lure me into Thor’s fan base, but this sequel does boost the franchise’s morals by further intermingling the epic apocalypse between the vast Gods’ realm and the puny but ego-maniacal earth, saw it in its over-charged 3D version (nearly impossible to find a 2D screening nearby), THOR: THE DARK WORLD is a massive crowd-pleaser, terrific art production and the trappings of a Marvel vehicle, shrewdly fictionalizes the love-and-hatred bromance between Thor and Loki, which is much hyped as the dominant draw for this action-packed escapade.

There is darkness before the birth of the universe, so as to against the plot of Malekith (Eccleston) to utilize an amorphous weapon called Aether to set the universe back into pitch-blackness, Thor (Hemsworth) has to team up with Loki (Hiddleston) to rescue his earth girlfriend Jane (Portman) who has been infected by Aether and being pursed by Malekith and his toadies, notably, a mutated fiend Algrim (Akinnuoye-Agbaje).

Whiling the most entertaining part comes the polarized tenors of the Asgard kingdom and the contemporary earth, one is solemn, majestic, atavistic and Shakespearean (thanks to Kenneth Branagh for setting the tone in THOR 2011) and the other (this time the locale is an overcast London) is glossy, modern, farcical and doomed to be pulverized. The spectacles are generally gratifying and on a par with the earlier IRON MAN 3 (2013, 6/10) to say the least.

Wonderful comic relief from the earthbound trio, Dennings, Skarsgård and Howard plus a surprising cameo by O’Dowd. Hemsworth and Portman are predictably playing the hero and his fearless girlfriend-in-danger default while Hiddleston easily grabs all the attention by influencing meatier character development, more ambiguous in his stance and a timely twist in the end can suffice to ignite fans’ passion to the next installment, or maybe a Loki-based spin-off which will be more intriguing and anti-trend in its own way. By any means it is a solid sequel which inherits the merits from its predecessor and put more verve into its gods vs. mortals contradiction, director Alan Taylor has well handled a hot potato, next step, sit and wait for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014) coming this upcoming April.
  7. Nov 11, 2013
    It has to be hard for the people making these phase two movies to make a movie that works as both a sequel to a previous movie, and as a follow-up to the avengers which is exactly the problem that I had with iron man 3. The Dark World however is a perfect example of how that can be done right with a good story, a cool villain (in my opinion), a lot of jokes (maybe a bit to many) andIt has to be hard for the people making these phase two movies to make a movie that works as both a sequel to a previous movie, and as a follow-up to the avengers which is exactly the problem that I had with iron man 3. The Dark World however is a perfect example of how that can be done right with a good story, a cool villain (in my opinion), a lot of jokes (maybe a bit to many) and awesome action scenes. The cast is given a bit more to do this time around especially character like Frigga and Heimdall, but the standout here is obviously Loki. My only complaints are that it's a bit too short and the plot doesn't really get going until about halfway in. Still, this is a great movie and a fantastic addition to the MCU. P.S. Remember to stay after the credits! Expand
  8. iam
    Dec 18, 2013
    Terribilmente noioso, film blockbuster con poche idee più complicate che complesse, con un cattivo che non fa paura, con una trama prevedibilissima, senza anima e senza emozioni.
    Personaggi privi di risvolti psicologici. Da dimenticare il prima possibile.
    Si spera che Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins faccia altri film in modo da non chiudere la sua carriera cinematografica con questo film.
    Personaggi privi di risvolti psicologici. Da dimenticare il prima possibile.
    Saccheggio maldestro di alcuni temi del Signore degli Anelli, film di tutt'altro calibro.
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    I begin by saying in a simple line, this sequel was just okay for me. I did not find any awesomeness in it or any mind blowing scenes. The first movie was quite interested me because of a new actor, new superhero character and the birth of the new franchise from Marvel studio. All together with a mythical Greek character in a modern world, it was something that hit me. Just a few monthsI begin by saying in a simple line, this sequel was just okay for me. I did not find any awesomeness in it or any mind blowing scenes. The first movie was quite interested me because of a new actor, new superhero character and the birth of the new franchise from Marvel studio. All together with a mythical Greek character in a modern world, it was something that hit me. Just a few months back, I praised Hemsworth for his best ever performance in the biographical picture 'Rush'. Here he has fallen back to okay kinda performance. The movie was nothing special, but a decent entertainment. Technically, it was rich in visuals with good graphics, no one must dare to doubt it. My problem was the story which followed the usual fantasy movie protocol. One of the disappointment from 2013, completely a commercial purpose behind its creation and production. Yeah, all the movie are but this one is very much visible. So in my opinion, it is one time watch movie.

6.5/10
  10. Nov 9, 2013
    To be perfectly honest a lot of the first half of this movie left me lost and not caring to know too much of what was going on, especially as the dark elves and their plans for world/universal destruction seemed more of a requirement rather than a plot with real motivation behind it.

But all throughout the movie there's plenty of humor, Natalie Portman is a far better superhero love interest than Iron Man's Pepper Potts and when push comes to shove, Thor in action does remind me a lot of Superman (not just because of the cape). That's a personal preference of mine but the character and the movie stand on their own merit mainly because of the second half of the movie where the action is pretty well done and holds your interest.

Not a fan of the shock/twist ending with Loki. Thought the ending would have been better with him left to the fate we all thought he succumbed to.

But still, a good movie and a far better follow up to the first Thor than Iron Man 2 was to the first in that series.
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    Better Than The First Thor Due to A Engaging Plot, Fun Characters, Humor, Action, SFX, And More but One Thing I Though Was A Little Eh Is The Shoehorned Side-Plot Of Darcy And Ian (Her Intern).
  12. Nov 8, 2013
    A very fun and high energy movie. Kat Dennings and Tom Hiddleston is what really made the movie. Dennings gave such a great comic relief and glad that she has more presence than the first movie. Hiddleston as Loki is the best casting, I don't really think anyone can do better.
  13. Nov 26, 2013
    Thor 2 as second as Second hand. I hope this year is not over I will see probably action movie with an idea or sense! They have shooting a movie which are soulless.
    begging your pardon, but I suggest not to see this movie unless you want waist your time.
    You will see nothing original.
  14. Nov 12, 2013
    I'm not sure why the critics reviewed this poorly, maybe I'm missing the point but this movie had everything you'd come to expect from a great Marvel adventure. Great twists, "did that REALLY just happen" moments, fantastic action, humour, top notch visual effects and Asgard looks more impressive than ever. Ok, some of the acting is a little weak in parts but that's more than made up forI'm not sure why the critics reviewed this poorly, maybe I'm missing the point but this movie had everything you'd come to expect from a great Marvel adventure. Great twists, "did that REALLY just happen" moments, fantastic action, humour, top notch visual effects and Asgard looks more impressive than ever. Ok, some of the acting is a little weak in parts but that's more than made up for by the rest. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2013
    This movie was extremely well done especially considering it had to live up to its big brother, The Avengers. This movie was way more action packed and comedy filled than the first one. In the beginning it did admittedly seem to drag on but at the 35 minute it began to really hit home. Personally I'm more of a Loki fan myself and anyone agreeing with me does get a fair share of Loki inThis movie was extremely well done especially considering it had to live up to its big brother, The Avengers. This movie was way more action packed and comedy filled than the first one. In the beginning it did admittedly seem to drag on but at the 35 minute it began to really hit home. Personally I'm more of a Loki fan myself and anyone agreeing with me does get a fair share of Loki in this movie, supplying lots of comic relief and even some parody! I recommend anyone that enjoys action movies such as The Avengers, Iron Man or even Hulk to to go see Thor right away. Expand
  16. Dec 2, 2013
    the jokes in it are not funny. The movie starts to get boring from the beginning. I heard the last few scenes are saved by the director of The Avengers, which are the only interesting parts in this movie.
  17. Nov 7, 2014
    Derivative as it is, a charismatic cast, witty dialogue and Loki saves Thor: The Dark World from being just a gala of special effects destroying the universe.
  18. Jan 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first half of the film was very boring and did NOTHING to engage the audience. The film only really picked up just before Loki was broken out of his cell by Thor. Characters (apart from Loki) were bland and extremely boring, Malekith was terrible, the Aether just seemed like another Tesseract, his army were a little too similar to the Chitari for my liking and may as well have just been Storm Troopers and the whole "turning the entire universe into darkness" plot line seemed too cliché.

Special effects were special. What was with the weird colour scheme used and the blurry backgrounds? It looked like something out of 300. Asgard still looked nice.

I enjoyed seeing Loki and Thor team-up but Thor's action sequences on his own weren't that good. The final battle was a little too reminiscent of the IM3 final battle for my liking; Thor jumping into different worlds/Tony jumping into different Iron Man suits.

So, this film is only really good enough because of Loki. If it wasn't for the character and his excellent portrayal by Tom Hiddleston, this film would most likely get a 3/10. If you want to know what happens in the film because you want to catch up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, just read the plot online and maybe watch a montage of the best Loki moments in the film.
  19. Nov 8, 2013
    It seem the movie is carried by gags and silly jokes. The final battle is literally mixed in with numerous gags. If that's your thing, then you will surely enjoy it. But I wonder what this movie would've been like if the plot and villain were to fleshed out better, with better motivation, and dramatic moments were left comedy free. Oh well.
  20. Nov 9, 2013
    Went to see this with my family and we all absolutely loved it. My Dad is not a fan of superhero movies but he really enjoyed this and was totally surprised and pleased with the incredible quality and intelligence of it.

Has a perfect balance of action and intelligent dialogue, the serious with humour, the celestial with family. A wonderful addition to the Marvel film universe and my favourite so far. A must see for anyone who wants to see a quality film you can watch and enjoy again and again.

You can really tell just how much hard work and effort has been put into this film to make it the best it can be thought the whole of the film. The story is gripping and well told, the dialogue in every scene whether serious or funny is wonderful, the acting is superb, all the characters are interesting, believable and compelling. The locations and are just stunning!

I can not praise this film enough, a must see film!!!
  21. Nov 17, 2013
    Thor 2 is easy to forget, with a predictable story and character not so charismatic. Sometimes can be a little bit boring, but have some good action scenes.
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    Thor 2 is a massive improvement over Thor. be It the Story Acting Action or even the Direction the Highlight of the Movie is the Chemistry Between Thor n Loki. Loved the Scenes between Loki n His Mom. the Movie is Action Packed. It has enough Humor n Seriousness packed in this one.
    The only Flaw is that the Movie starts a bit Slow. Better than expected 9/10
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    This movie was amazing. The scale of the worlds was immense and the effects were amazing. The plot was also fantastic. Loki, as always, steals the show. But to be honest, the best part of the movie was the after credits scene. SPOILER ALERT: It contains a reference to the infinity stones, referring to the tesseract and the aether as two of the six. If you're a Marvel fan, then you'll be asThis movie was amazing. The scale of the worlds was immense and the effects were amazing. The plot was also fantastic. Loki, as always, steals the show. But to be honest, the best part of the movie was the after credits scene. SPOILER ALERT: It contains a reference to the infinity stones, referring to the tesseract and the aether as two of the six. If you're a Marvel fan, then you'll be as giddy as a little school girl. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2013
    I don't know why the movie was critiqued so harshly, but the movie was amazing. It was very funny, emotional at times, and had epic action sequences; I had blast watching it.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    Tonight, not even the gods are safe as Thor: The Dark World debuts in theaters. The second chapter (third if you count Avengers) of Thor’s story, The Dark World is by no means a perfect movie, but it really doesn’t need to be: It’s tremendously fun and eminently worthwhile, warts and all. If you’re already a Thor fan courtesy of either the comics or the first film, it’s a safe bet thatTonight, not even the gods are safe as Thor: The Dark World debuts in theaters. The second chapter (third if you count Avengers) of Thor’s story, The Dark World is by no means a perfect movie, but it really doesn’t need to be: It’s tremendously fun and eminently worthwhile, warts and all. If you’re already a Thor fan courtesy of either the comics or the first film, it’s a safe bet that you’ll enjoy The Dark World. Thor, at its best, has always blended epic gravitas with humor, so prepare to laugh a lot. It’s a tradition that The Dark World embraces enthusiastically, from the awkward culture clash of inserting a Norse god into modern America to an epic battle that plays out like a mix between a boss level from the video game Portal and a Dungeons & Dragons teleport puzzle, and even an unexpected Chris Evans cameo as Captain America (sort of). The silver lining, of course, is more Loki. Tom Hiddleston is justifiably the break-out star of the last several years of Marvel movies, and his performance as the embittered trickster god in The Dark World is his best yet. We saw Loki begin to fray in Thor and unravel across Avengers; now, returned to Asgard and incarcerated for what is meant to be eternity, he clings to arrogant indifference over a profound pathos that surfaces only during a visit from an illusory projection of Frigga though whether she’s a projection of Loki’s actual adopted mother or a figment of his own conjuring is never clear. As this is a Marvel movie, you probably already know to stick around through the credits for a bonus scene. The Dark World has not one but two stingers the first after the film ends, and the second after the credits finish rolling and it’s worth sticking around for both of them. If you’re a long-time comic reader, the second’s got a cameo on par with the reveal of the villain Thanos after Avengers. Thor: The Dark World may be a bumpy ride, but it gets its hero where he needs to go from Prince of Asgard to hero of Earth with grace, humor, and a lot of heart. It’s not perfect, but it doesn’t have to be: It’s awesome. Expand
  26. Nov 9, 2013
    I loved Thor 2 and so did the rest of my family it had some very very funny moments,Loki's scenes were all brilliant and the acting throughout was top notch and make sure you stay for the after credits scene!!! It sets up for the next films perfectly and I can't wait for the next marvel movies! Make mine marvel!:)
  27. Nov 10, 2013
    Even if Thor 2 is not as god as the first one, it still one of the most entertaining movie of the year. Spectacular visuals and engrossing action mixed with mediocre plot and week villains.
  28. Nov 8, 2013
    Very entertaining. Lots of good action and decent effects. Don't expect much from the 3D, in that respect it was rather disappointing. But that money-making gimmick aside, it was a rousing effort. I've heard some complain about the lack of depth in the movie's villain, and a plot that didn't score high marks in the complexity department. I think most of us knew we weren't watchingVery entertaining. Lots of good action and decent effects. Don't expect much from the 3D, in that respect it was rather disappointing. But that money-making gimmick aside, it was a rousing effort. I've heard some complain about the lack of depth in the movie's villain, and a plot that didn't score high marks in the complexity department. I think most of us knew we weren't watching "Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy". I think the movie could have benefited from a brief crossover with another superhero, but that aside, I definitely give it one hammer up. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2013
    Thor: The Dark World is packed with brilliant dialogue and humour throughout. The story itself expands greatly on the various characters previously met along with introducing a couple new ones. A brilliant film and a must watch to anyone who enjoyed the first film.
  30. Nov 8, 2013
    The first Thor movie was good but the problem i had with that movie was that we barely saw Thor in action. So i was hopping Thor 2 would show more of Thor in action. And it did! Very action packed movie, good humor, dialog between Thor and Looki is excellent and the ending is awesome!!

1. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Nov 8, 2013
    The movie is pretty to look at in a "Transformers" sort of way and moves briskly enough that it never threatens to bore, but it's hard to feel much of anything about the characters and, when it's all over, there's a sense that everything that happens is obligatory.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Nov 8, 2013
    My favorite moment in the movie: Astrophysicist Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard) insisting on wearing only his underwear because he says he thinks better that way. Hey, whatever works.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 8, 2013
    None of that is to say that Thor: The Dark World is a bad movie, necessarily. I would never speak ill of a man with a giant, magical hammer. At the same time, hammer or no hammer, it doesn't quite nail it, either.