7.4

1. Jan 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first half of the film was very boring and did NOTHING to engage the audience. The film only really picked up just before Loki was broken out of his cell by Thor. Characters (apart from Loki) were bland and extremely boring, Malekith was terrible, the Aether just seemed like another Tesseract, his army were a little too similar to the Chitari for my liking and may as well have just been Storm Troopers and the whole "turning the entire universe into darkness" plot line seemed too cliché.

Special effects were special. What was with the weird colour scheme used and the blurry backgrounds? It looked like something out of 300. Asgard still looked nice.

I enjoyed seeing Loki and Thor team-up but Thor's action sequences on his own weren't that good. The final battle was a little too reminiscent of the IM3 final battle for my liking; Thor jumping into different worlds/Tony jumping into different Iron Man suits.

So, this film is only really good enough because of Loki. If it wasn't for the character and his excellent portrayal by Tom Hiddleston, this film would most likely get a 3/10. If you want to know what happens in the film because you want to catch up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, just read the plot online and maybe watch a montage of the best Loki moments in the film.
  2. Jan 16, 2015
    Thor: The Dark World è senza ombra di dubbio uno dei migliori film di supereroi di sempre.Molto coinvolgente e più completa del primo ed epico capitolo.Un capolavoro assoluto.
  3. Dec 22, 2014
    Thor:The Dark World is Good movie with a lot of potentials to be a great movie.The Cast are great Chris Hemsworth is Great Being Thor,Tom Hiddleston is also great being Loki but the villain though is so forgettable and not so evil at all and a very Weak motivation.Thor the Dark World deserves a 7/10,Great actors,great soundtrack,and good humour made my score a little bit high but it'll beThor:The Dark World is Good movie with a lot of potentials to be a great movie.The Cast are great Chris Hemsworth is Great Being Thor,Tom Hiddleston is also great being Loki but the villain though is so forgettable and not so evil at all and a very Weak motivation.Thor the Dark World deserves a 7/10,Great actors,great soundtrack,and good humour made my score a little bit high but it'll be higher if they have Good villain and a better plot and did i say the cast are great??well not all of them some them needs to be develop well and portray the role well. Expand
  4. Dec 21, 2014
    This movie features a lot of action and epic special effects. It is a good movie to watch.The ending is weird and hard to understand. Overall, this is a great film.
  5. Dec 13, 2014
    The story is shallow and limited whilst the antagonist is also unconvincing. But the biggest frustration is how this film feels like an entirely different story to it's predecessor, to the point where they seem like two different episodes in a TV show. This can make it feel insignificant which is a disappointment. However we do get to further explore Thor's relationships, brotherly andThe story is shallow and limited whilst the antagonist is also unconvincing. But the biggest frustration is how this film feels like an entirely different story to it's predecessor, to the point where they seem like two different episodes in a TV show. This can make it feel insignificant which is a disappointment. However we do get to further explore Thor's relationships, brotherly and otherwise. We also spent more time on Asgard which is a delight. The action scenes feel polished and the emotion that has a place throughout the entire film seems genuine. But the lack of links between the two Thor films are sadly quite heavy and withhold it from challenging Marvel films like Avengers Assemble and Captain America. Expand
  6. Dec 6, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Thor: The Dark World (2013)

So… Thor. It’s time for my review of this super-hero’s sequel. Frankly, it’s the weakest MCU movie up to now. It’s still enjoyable but there’s so much potential wasted in here, one of them being the villain, oh… we’ll get to that LATER. It’s not just the antagonist though, the plot is sometimes a muddle and the movie itself suffers from too much exposition. It still brings comedy and action, however it’s really disappointing. But with all honesty, the filmmakers did try. They did try

Odin recalls when his father Bor and the warriors from Asgard vanquished the evil Dark Elves and their leader Malekith that wanted to send the universe into the darkness during the convergence of nine realms unleashing the powerful weapon Aether. Malekith escapes and Bor hides the Aether in-between two stone columns. In the present days, on Earth, the scientist Jane Foster that is waiting for the return of Thor, investigates a gravity phenomenon in an abandoned factory with her assistant and her intern. She finds the column where the Aether is hidden and the substance possesses her. In Asgard, Heimdall reports to Thor that Jane has disappeared. Thor returns to Earth and finds Jane; but when he sees that he has a strange energy protecting her, he brings Jane to Asgard to be healed. However, Malekith also awakes and goes to Asgard to retrieve the Aether. After a bloody battle, Frigga is murdered by Malekith and Thor proposes treason to his warriors friends of Asgard and teams up with Loki to seek revenge for the murder of their mother and to vanquish Malekith before he destroys Asgard with his Dark Elves.

Let’s start with the good elements: The action is great. Marvel does well with the action in their films, especially in “The Avengers” and this movie is not an exception. There are no shaky cams to be found here and the fights are well choreographed. Thor throwing the hammer is as exciting as seeing Captain America throwing his shield, it never gets old. One satisfying element that also returned is the comedy. Sense of humor works just like it did in the first movie, while it sometimes gets a little bit too cheesy, it surely provides some laughs from moviegoers. “Guardians of the Galaxy” still remains the funniest MCU movie to now, but we’ll get to that when I do my review of it. The story is solid… I think. I mean, it’s not phenomenal, but the narrative grabbed my attention right from the beginning, but like I said before, what it matters is not being entertained when watching a motion picture, but being satisfied AFTER watching it, so this is really not saying much.

The villain is so bad. I swear to God that he’s the main reason as to why I almost lower my score to a 5. It’s so f*cking bad. When you get out of the theaters or you finish seeing the movie, you’ll realize how uselessly wasted was Malekith. For what I gleaned from the comics is that he’s very powerful, he’s very well-written and he is interesting at the least. Malekith is not intriguing in this movie! So when a main villain doesn’t succeed, it almost ruins the movie for me. I don’t care if they decide to do a different take on the character, being completely different from the comics, no, I don’t care. It just has to be good. I don’t care who thought about the character, who wrote her or who even designed her. I don’t care, it just HAS to be good. Is the villain good? Absolutely not. Is he badass? No, he’s not. Is the character well-written? No, not at all. It’s just a **** villain that I don’t want to see him again, neither in other upcoming installments, unless if they make the character look interesting, not a disappointingly forgettable villain. Let’s see, what’s the best villain in Marvel Cinematic Universe? Um… let us see… oh yeah! Loki. Loki is the best villain in this whole freaking universe. There are good villains like Iron Monger, Killian, Winter Soldier (he’s not really a villain, more like an antagonist), why is Malekith so bad? *Sighs*

The cast returns: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins and Stellan Skarsgård, all of them return to reprise their roles, and they’re all just great. Unlike the amazing letdown that Malekith was, the actors’ performances are really nice and they all seem to put an effort in the film to make it good. Loki is in the movie, and once again, you don’t know what’s on his mind. I’m so confused, what his purposes? What does he want? Whatever.

Final Score to Thor: The Dark World: 6/10. A passable super-hero sequel that, despite having some pretty nice battle sequences and a solid cast, it’s weighed down by a completely forgettable villain and an occasionally muddled plot. Thank God that the next MCU movie I’m going to review will be fantastic. Next review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).

May Thor rest easily.
  7. Dec 2, 2014
    They are some good stuff and bad stuff about this movie. The good stuff is the SFX and sound mixing is very good and the acting. The bad stuff is this movie is confusing. Either watch it or Don,t. Replay Value: Moderate .
  8. Nov 23, 2014
    Thor: The Dark World is as strong as any other recent Marvel film. Thor may possibly be my favorite character from the Avengers and it continues to keep a strong individual story. Loki was great in this film. He may be the best villain in the Marvel franchise right now. I think that the next Thor movie will only improve from the last two.
  9. Nov 22, 2014
    Thor 2 is really better than the first thor, and marvel has finally teloaded my memory to what happened in iron man 3, thor was the greatest superhero film of 2013 wich doesnt mean something.
  10. Nov 13, 2014
    "Thor: The Dark World" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

"Thor: The Dark World" 10 Scale Rating: 7.0 (Good) ...

The Good: The banter between Thor and Loki was great and Eccleston was an amazing villain. Idris Elba as Heimdall was once again a character that you wanted to see more of. The story itself was merely decent, but the first half of the film was amazing. As expected, excellent action sequences and effects. At times, the humor was well placed and cut the drama a little. Tom Hiddleston once again played Loki to perfection.

The Bad: No matter how hard they try, I just can't bring myself to care about Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). The way they crammed her into the story was ham-fisted and an unbelievable coincidence. I could have done without Kat Dennings completely and Stellan Skarsgard, while interesting in the first film as well as The Avengers, was forced into the film and actually felt out of place. The second half wasn't nearly as interesting as the first. While it was still an enjoyable film, the story wasn't the most creative and I would have liked to see more of some of the secondary characters.
  11. Nov 13, 2014
    This movie has far too many clichés, and unfortunately, ordered in the right way to form one of the most cliché plots. Sitting in the theater the first time, I constantly thought of how I somehow saw this movie before, but I couldn't remember what movie that was because it was so forgettable. As if cliché's weren't enough, there are some imitations of: The Lord of the Rings, Portal,This movie has far too many clichés, and unfortunately, ordered in the right way to form one of the most cliché plots. Sitting in the theater the first time, I constantly thought of how I somehow saw this movie before, but I couldn't remember what movie that was because it was so forgettable. As if cliché's weren't enough, there are some imitations of: The Lord of the Rings, Portal, Skyrim, The Legend of Zelda, previous Marvel movies, and any movie that features a stock villain. Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2014
    Derivative as it is, a charismatic cast, witty dialogue and Loki saves Thor: The Dark World from being just a gala of special effects destroying the universe.
  13. Oct 31, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I thought the first film was beautiful but lacking in action scenes.
    Review:
    Pros: This had slightly more action scenes than the first film. The acting is good as in the first film. Cons: The plot with the purple power source and how Loki escape (again!) were weak. Just kill him already so we won't have him causing any more mischief and having any more aliens
    Review:
    Cons: The plot with the purple power source and how Loki escape (again!) were weak. Just kill him already so we won't have him causing any more mischief and having any more aliens invading Earth!
    3/5 - Good enough to watch for free on TV.
  14. Oct 19, 2014
    Thor spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster, has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes hisThor spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster, has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love. It's while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth. Expand
  15. Aug 16, 2014
    This movie improves upon everything from the first movie. More and better action, better writing, and better characters. Thor is a much better hero mostly because he has his powers throughout the movie, but Loki absolutely steals the show
  16. Aug 8, 2014
    Better than the first movie, but my problem with this movie and most other MCU is the generic and completely forgettable villain. The merits were the action sequences were done well, we truly see the developed Thor from the first film handle his role and Tom Middleston performance was as always done well, but it doesn't have a lot to offer. Also they seriously need to stop wasting time onBetter than the first movie, but my problem with this movie and most other MCU is the generic and completely forgettable villain. The merits were the action sequences were done well, we truly see the developed Thor from the first film handle his role and Tom Middleston performance was as always done well, but it doesn't have a lot to offer. Also they seriously need to stop wasting time on Kat Dennings character Expand
  17. Aug 5, 2014
    To me Thor 2 was not as good as Thor. It was still a good movie though.

my ratting 7.5/10 7.8/10 for action/special effects 7/10 for story 7.5/10 for acting and 7/10 for character/character development
  18. Aug 1, 2014
    There's a lot you could add, and a lot you could take out to make this on the quality scale of 'The Avengers'. The climactic scene has the most jokes that are shoved into it while the plot is stretched farther than it should have been. I still enjoy the acting, particularly Tom Hiddleston, who I believe is just a riot all the way through, whenever he is on screen. But the acting is justThere's a lot you could add, and a lot you could take out to make this on the quality scale of 'The Avengers'. The climactic scene has the most jokes that are shoved into it while the plot is stretched farther than it should have been. I still enjoy the acting, particularly Tom Hiddleston, who I believe is just a riot all the way through, whenever he is on screen. But the acting is just one essence. It's not groundbreaking or spectacular. It's merely enjoyable. The story is not so much, I'm afraid. Expand
  19. Jul 30, 2014
    This must be one of the greatest movies of 2013! It got everything, including humor, but most of all the awesome story, and it's much better then the previous movie!

The beginning of Thor: The Dark World is great, and I really enjoyed the historical perspective in the opening scene, and it was in a certain sense spectacular. The film overall got a very high tempo of action, especially in the first part of the film, and I really love it. When it comes to the CGI and the special effects, I just think they did it so damn good, and the music is magnificent, almost as good as in The Avengers. The actors in The Dark World couldn't have been more awesome as they are, and I especially love Chris Hemsworth and Christopher Eccleston's performance as Thor and Malekith. I never got bored at any time when I watched this movie, and it was quite humorous at some places, and I really enjoyed it. Another great thing about this film is that it got so much unique things that I never have seen before, and the ending is great.

Thor: The Dark World is a very good movie, but it's not a ten, so it got some negative aspects.
    One of the bad things is that the climax of the film could have been more entertaining and eventful, and it didn't really feel as a 10, but also that it might be to much gags in the movie, and sometimes did the story feel a bit weird. But it's still one of the movies of 2013 that you got to see, because it's a highly entertaining film that got action, science fiction and fantasy in one awesome movie!

Thor: The Dark World gets a 9/10
  20. Jul 29, 2014
    "Thor: The Dark World" is more than you expect it to be. It is a great improvement on the first Thor film, and pretty entertaining. Except for the stunning Marvel-standard CGI, there is more soul to the storyline, an appealing performance from Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and some pretty funny scenes. It may not be so powerful as "The Avengers" or "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", but you"Thor: The Dark World" is more than you expect it to be. It is a great improvement on the first Thor film, and pretty entertaining. Except for the stunning Marvel-standard CGI, there is more soul to the storyline, an appealing performance from Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and some pretty funny scenes. It may not be so powerful as "The Avengers" or "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", but you will likely find yourself amused by its more intelligent twists and impressing visuals. Expand
  21. Jul 28, 2014
    Tek kelimeyle çok iyi film, hazır bu kadar iyi THOR ve LOKI yakalamışken çekebildikleri kadar çekmeleri lazım bu filmleri. Kastın kalanı da çok iyi seçildiği için her film diğerinden bir kademe daha iyi olacaktır muhtemelen.
  22. Jul 8, 2014
    סרט טוב, אך הוא קצת בעייתי בפעם השנייה שרואים אותו הוא הרבה פחות טוב. אם יש דבר אחד שהוא טוב בסרט שת'ור מופיע בו זה חייב להיות לוקי שאותו שיחק טום הידלסטון בצורה מושלמת כמו תמיד
  23. Jul 2, 2014
    Thor: The Dark World is a decent sequel to an amazing original. It's a bit too dark and tragedy ridden for it's own good, but the craft of the sci-fi world on offer here cannot be denied. Lasers, elves, giant space-ships and Loki... That's a recipe for a good time in my book!
  24. Jun 15, 2014
    I thought it was a good watch, but it`s flawed like old superman movies.They make it to much about the girl he likes.It`s just annoying how some way everything revolves around her. It`s not like shes Wonder women, or Cat women, shes just a regular human who has to be in the middle of it all.Also they killed certain characters that looked much more interesting in the previous Thor. It was aI thought it was a good watch, but it`s flawed like old superman movies.They make it to much about the girl he likes.It`s just annoying how some way everything revolves around her. It`s not like shes Wonder women, or Cat women, shes just a regular human who has to be in the middle of it all.Also they killed certain characters that looked much more interesting in the previous Thor. It was a good movie, but nothing that really stood out. Expand
  25. Jun 8, 2014
    It's no secret that I've always hated superhero movies. I find them to be cliche, over the top, and so far from reality, that often time the stories are just the lowest form of Science Fiction. The only movies of the superhero genre that I've ever truly enjoyed are the recent Batman trilogy and some of the recent Marvel films. That being said, I hated the first Thor film, because it cameIt's no secret that I've always hated superhero movies. I find them to be cliche, over the top, and so far from reality, that often time the stories are just the lowest form of Science Fiction. The only movies of the superhero genre that I've ever truly enjoyed are the recent Batman trilogy and some of the recent Marvel films. That being said, I hated the first Thor film, because it came directly from a comic book and lacked any kind of background story whatsoever. Thanks in part to the Avengers and the development of the Loki character, that all changes with the second film. The story isn't directly from a comic book, but rather based on one. In this film, the characters are more established and there is a lengthy background story that only enhances the film, and the series. In the second film, Thor is tasked with stopping a deadly weapon, possessed by an all but extinct species. This weapon has the power to destroy the entire universe and as always, the focal point is on Earth. Unable to stop the weapon and save his girlfriend at the same time, Thor turns to an unlikely source for help, his now imprisoned brother, Loki. Given the magnitude of the story and the power of the enemy, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't keep this film to be used as an Avengers sequel, as it has all the makings of an epic sequel. Chris Hemsworth reprises his role as Thor and this time he is beyond terrific. His role in the Avengers really enhanced the popularity of a character that most people were unfamiliar with, and the tremendous start to the film really set the framework for Hemsworth to take Thor to the next level. Even the supporting cast steps it up a notch as Natalie Portman is more used to the idea of a boyfriend from another world and being involved in things she couldn't possibly understand. Finally, Tom Hiddleston tops of the story, with his portrayal of Loki. I may be going out on a limb here, but I thought Hiddleston was even better in The Dark World than he was in The Avengers. Going into the Avengers, next to The Hulk, Thor was the weakest of the introduction films, and the least known and appreciated character. That all changed with the Avengers and in his second film, the Thor character steps up to a level that rivals even Iron Man. If you're not that into the series and have only selectively seen a few of the films, make sure you include the Dark World, as it is essential to fully understanding Thor and his impact in the future of the series. Expand
  26. May 29, 2014
    great visual as the thor dark world continues the marvel cinematic universe story with great performances and much more action than thor 1 alan Talylor knows how to blend in the comedy with the the troubles of an marvel god as well as more action sequences .
  27. May 25, 2014
    Thor: The Dark World is a good film and much better then Thor(2011) but in the end it seems to fit into marvel phase 2 and with this is mean the un-needed comedy. Sure some of it fit but most was not needed and seemed forced. Still though i had a great time watching it and even had a better time then i did while watching Iron Man 3. The cast was great but you can't go wrong with NatalieThor: The Dark World is a good film and much better then Thor(2011) but in the end it seems to fit into marvel phase 2 and with this is mean the un-needed comedy. Sure some of it fit but most was not needed and seemed forced. Still though i had a great time watching it and even had a better time then i did while watching Iron Man 3. The cast was great but you can't go wrong with Natalie Portman, Chris Hemsworth, Anothy Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston and plenty more.

A great Battle between Bor the father of Odin and The Dark Elf Malekith happend long ago. Malekith wanted to cover the world back in darkness using the power of the Aether so the dark elves can rule. Bor stopped Malekith by stealing the Aether forcing Malekith to kill his people to get away and to fight again later. So now were are in present day where Jane Foster(Natalie Portman) is looking for Thor when she ends up going through a portal to where the Aether is being hidden she touches it and ends up activing it.

Malekith awaken by the Aether being actived starts his search for it before The Convergence a alignment of the Nine Realms causeing portals to open between them with this he plans to cover the universe in darkness. Malekith and his remaining troops lead a secret attack on Asgard and ends up killing Frigga, Thors mother. Odin demands that no one leave Asgard so Thor teams up with Loki knowing he can't trust him but becuase he is the only person that knows the secret way out of Asgard.

Thor and Loki head to Svartalfheim the Dark Elves home world to fight malekith with the help of Jane. However Thor And Loki's plan fails and Malekith ends up getting the Aether out of Jane a making him grow stronger and Loki ends up dying Thor and Jane finding a Portal in a cave near by where they end up back in London. With the help of Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgård) and Darcy (Kat Dennings) they find a way to make their own potal. Thor and Malekith end up having a somewhat good battle. Just when everying looks dark Darcy and Erik acitvate the equitment making a portal causeing malekith to be teleported back to Svartalfheim where he is crushed by his ship.

Overall i give it a 7.5 while the movie is enjoyable i just feel the villain could have been better and makes wonder what Mads Mikkelsen's Malekith would have been like. Ill buy this on blu ray of course the CGI was great.
  28. May 20, 2014
    The action scenes are as impressive as one would expect from a Marvel film, but forgettable characters and subpar dialogue make this sequel, as a whole, feel underwhelming and generically pieced together compared to previous Marvel installments. The redeeming quality that makes this film work the most is the charming tandem of Hemsworth and Hiddleston.
  29. May 1, 2014
    This is my least favorite marvel film after Iron Man 3. The great villain is unfortunately completely wasted on this very dry, stereotypical, by the numbers film. There is too much humor, and even the action looks boring and uninspired. The final sequence is one of the worst of any action film I've seen. It feels like nothing of this matters, including the characters.
  30. Apr 26, 2014
    Great CGI + Dumb Story + Goofy Acting = 5 stars out of 10. You could turn off the sound and still get what's going on. Just OK if you like this type of movie.

1. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Nov 8, 2013
    The movie is pretty to look at in a "Transformers" sort of way and moves briskly enough that it never threatens to bore, but it's hard to feel much of anything about the characters and, when it's all over, there's a sense that everything that happens is obligatory.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Nov 8, 2013
    My favorite moment in the movie: Astrophysicist Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard) insisting on wearing only his underwear because he says he thinks better that way. Hey, whatever works.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 8, 2013
    None of that is to say that Thor: The Dark World is a bad movie, necessarily. I would never speak ill of a man with a giant, magical hammer. At the same time, hammer or no hammer, it doesn't quite nail it, either.