7.5

1. Aug 16, 2014
    This movie improves upon everything from the first movie. More and better action, better writing, and better characters. Thor is a much better hero mostly because he has his powers throughout the movie, but Loki absolutely steals the show
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    Better than the first movie, but my problem with this movie and most other MCU is the generic and completely forgettable villain. The merits were the action sequences were done well, we truly see the developed Thor from the first film handle his role and Tom Middleston performance was as always done well, but it doesn't have a lot to offer. Also they seriously need to stop wasting time on Kat Dennings character Expand
  3. Aug 5, 2014
    To me Thor 2 was not as good as Thor. It was still a good movie though.

my ratting 7.5/10 7.8/10 for action/special effects 7/10 for story 7.5/10 for acting and 7/10 for character/character development
  4. Aug 1, 2014
    There's a lot you could add, and a lot you could take out to make this on the quality scale of 'The Avengers'. The climactic scene has the most jokes that are shoved into it while the plot is stretched farther than it should have been. I still enjoy the acting, particularly Tom Hiddleston, who I believe is just a riot all the way through, whenever he is on screen. But the acting is just one essence. It's not groundbreaking or spectacular. It's merely enjoyable. The story is not so much, I'm afraid. Expand
  5. Jul 30, 2014
    This must be one of the greatest movies of 2013! It got everything, including humor, but most of all the awesome story, and it's much better then the previous movie!

The beginning of Thor: The Dark World is great, and I really enjoyed the historical perspective in the opening scene, and it was in a certain sense spectacular. The film overall got a very high tempo of action, especially
    in the first part of the film, and I really love it. When it comes to the CGI and the special effects, I just think they did it so damn good, and the music is magnificent, almost as good as in The Avengers. The actors in The Dark World couldn't have been more awesome as they are, and I especially love Chris Hemsworth and Christopher Eccleston's performance as Thor and Malekith. I never got bored at any time when I watched this movie, and it was quite humorous at some places, and I really enjoyed it. Another great thing about this film is that it got so much unique things that I never have seen before, and the ending is great.

Thor: The Dark World is a very good movie, but it's not a ten, so it got some negative aspects.
    One of the bad things is that the climax of the film could have been more entertaining and eventful, and it didn't really feel as a 10, but also that it might be to much gags in the movie, and sometimes did the story feel a bit weird. But it's still one of the movies of 2013 that you got to see, because it's a highly entertaining film that got action, science fiction and fantasy in one awesome movie!

Thor: The Dark World gets a 9/10
  6. Jul 29, 2014
    "Thor: The Dark World" is more than you expect it to be. It is a great improvement on the first Thor film, and pretty entertaining. Except for the stunning Marvel-standard CGI, there is more soul to the storyline, an appealing performance from Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and some pretty funny scenes. It may not be so powerful as "The Avengers" or "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", but you will likely find yourself amused by its more intelligent twists and impressing visuals. Expand
  7. Jul 28, 2014
    Tek kelimeyle çok iyi film, hazır bu kadar iyi THOR ve LOKI yakalamışken çekebildikleri kadar çekmeleri lazım bu filmleri. Kastın kalanı da çok iyi seçildiği için her film diğerinden bir kademe daha iyi olacaktır muhtemelen.
  8. Jul 8, 2014
    סרט טוב, אך הוא קצת בעייתי בפעם השנייה שרואים אותו הוא הרבה פחות טוב. אם יש דבר אחד שהוא טוב בסרט שת'ור מופיע בו זה חייב להיות לוקי שאותו שיחק טום הידלסטון בצורה מושלמת כמו תמיד
  9. Jul 2, 2014
    Thor: The Dark World is a decent sequel to an amazing original. It's a bit too dark and tragedy ridden for it's own good, but the craft of the sci-fi world on offer here cannot be denied. Lasers, elves, giant space-ships and Loki... That's a recipe for a good time in my book!
  10. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I thought the first film was beautiful but lacking in action scenes.
    Review:
    Pros: This had slightly more action scenes than the first film. The acting is good as in the first film.
    Cons: The plot with the purple power source and how Loki escape (again!) were weak. Just kill him already so we won't have him causing any more mischief and having any more aliens
    invading Earth!
    3.5/5 - Good enough to watch for free on TV and perhaps in the cinema.
  11. Jun 18, 2014
    I'm very disappointed with this film. It's not good as the first one, seriously. But at least, the movie brings the action and comedy that the fans always expected.
  12. Jun 15, 2014
    I thought it was a good watch, but it`s flawed like old superman movies.They make it to much about the girl he likes.It`s just annoying how some way everything revolves around her. It`s not like shes Wonder women, or Cat women, shes just a regular human who has to be in the middle of it all.Also they killed certain characters that looked much more interesting in the previous Thor. It was a good movie, but nothing that really stood out. Expand
  13. Jun 8, 2014
    It's no secret that I've always hated superhero movies. I find them to be cliche, over the top, and so far from reality, that often time the stories are just the lowest form of Science Fiction. The only movies of the superhero genre that I've ever truly enjoyed are the recent Batman trilogy and some of the recent Marvel films. That being said, I hated the first Thor film, because it came directly from a comic book and lacked any kind of background story whatsoever. Thanks in part to the Avengers and the development of the Loki character, that all changes with the second film. The story isn't directly from a comic book, but rather based on one. In this film, the characters are more established and there is a lengthy background story that only enhances the film, and the series. In the second film, Thor is tasked with stopping a deadly weapon, possessed by an all but extinct species. This weapon has the power to destroy the entire universe and as always, the focal point is on Earth. Unable to stop the weapon and save his girlfriend at the same time, Thor turns to an unlikely source for help, his now imprisoned brother, Loki. Given the magnitude of the story and the power of the enemy, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't keep this film to be used as an Avengers sequel, as it has all the makings of an epic sequel. Chris Hemsworth reprises his role as Thor and this time he is beyond terrific. His role in the Avengers really enhanced the popularity of a character that most people were unfamiliar with, and the tremendous start to the film really set the framework for Hemsworth to take Thor to the next level. Even the supporting cast steps it up a notch as Natalie Portman is more used to the idea of a boyfriend from another world and being involved in things she couldn't possibly understand. Finally, Tom Hiddleston tops of the story, with his portrayal of Loki. I may be going out on a limb here, but I thought Hiddleston was even better in The Dark World than he was in The Avengers. Going into the Avengers, next to The Hulk, Thor was the weakest of the introduction films, and the least known and appreciated character. That all changed with the Avengers and in his second film, the Thor character steps up to a level that rivals even Iron Man. If you're not that into the series and have only selectively seen a few of the films, make sure you include the Dark World, as it is essential to fully understanding Thor and his impact in the future of the series. Expand
  14. May 29, 2014
    great visual as the thor dark world continues the marvel cinematic universe story with great performances and much more action than thor 1 alan Talylor knows how to blend in the comedy with the the troubles of an marvel god as well as more action sequences .
  15. May 25, 2014
    Thor: The Dark World is a good film and much better then Thor(2011) but in the end it seems to fit into marvel phase 2 and with this is mean the un-needed comedy. Sure some of it fit but most was not needed and seemed forced. Still though i had a great time watching it and even had a better time then i did while watching Iron Man 3. The cast was great but you can't go wrong with Natalie Portman, Chris Hemsworth, Anothy Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston and plenty more.

A great Battle between Bor the father of Odin and The Dark Elf Malekith happend long ago. Malekith wanted to cover the world back in darkness using the power of the Aether so the dark elves can rule. Bor stopped Malekith by stealing the Aether forcing Malekith to kill his people to get away and to fight again later. So now were are in present day where Jane Foster(Natalie Portman) is looking for Thor when she ends up going through a portal to where the Aether is being hidden she touches it and ends up activing it.

Malekith awaken by the Aether being actived starts his search for it before The Convergence a alignment of the Nine Realms causeing portals to open between them with this he plans to cover the universe in darkness. Malekith and his remaining troops lead a secret attack on Asgard and ends up killing Frigga, Thors mother. Odin demands that no one leave Asgard so Thor teams up with Loki knowing he can't trust him but becuase he is the only person that knows the secret way out of Asgard.

Thor and Loki head to Svartalfheim the Dark Elves home world to fight malekith with the help of Jane. However Thor And Loki's plan fails and Malekith ends up getting the Aether out of Jane a making him grow stronger and Loki ends up dying Thor and Jane finding a Portal in a cave near by where they end up back in London. With the help of Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgård) and Darcy (Kat Dennings) they find a way to make their own potal. Thor and Malekith end up having a somewhat good battle. Just when everying looks dark Darcy and Erik acitvate the equitment making a portal causeing malekith to be teleported back to Svartalfheim where he is crushed by his ship.

Overall i give it a 7.5 while the movie is enjoyable i just feel the villain could have been better and makes wonder what Mads Mikkelsen's Malekith would have been like. Ill buy this on blu ray of course the CGI was great.
  16. May 20, 2014
    The action scenes are as impressive as one would expect from a Marvel film, but forgettable characters and subpar dialogue make this sequel, as a whole, feel underwhelming and generically pieced together compared to previous Marvel installments. The redeeming quality that makes this film work the most is the charming tandem of Hemsworth and Hiddleston.
  17. May 1, 2014
    This is my least favorite marvel film after Iron Man 3. The great villain is unfortunately completely wasted on this very dry, stereotypical, by the numbers film. There is too much humor, and even the action looks boring and uninspired. The final sequence is one of the worst of any action film I've seen. It feels like nothing of this matters, including the characters.
  18. Apr 26, 2014
    Great CGI + Dumb Story + Goofy Acting = 5 stars out of 10. You could turn off the sound and still get what's going on. Just OK if you like this type of movie.
  19. Apr 22, 2014
    Having seeing the mixed reviews for Thor 2 my expectations weren’t that high when heading to the cinema but, while it doesn’t exactly do anything wildly different to any of the previous films in the Marvel franchise, it is certainly entertaining. Packed with a fair amount of humour and spectacular action sequences (the final battle in particular is superb) this is another fine addition to the comic book universe. Expand
  20. Apr 21, 2014
    A pretty good Marvel movie. Not one of the best but I did enjoy this film more than the first one. The action was cool and there was a lot of it s that was awesome. And Loki is who made the movie this good. Tom Hiddelston played him perfectly and he was amazing in the movie and made it what it was. There was that right amount of Marvel humour thrown in the movie to make this an entertaining watch.
  21. Apr 20, 2014
    Once again, excellent work my the Marvel Cinematic Universe. True, it isn't perfect; Thor's love interest isn't given much to do, and the villain is a walking chiche. But the wit and energized mayhem that makes Marvel so entertaining is still there.
  22. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thor 2 is the best Marvel movie ever.The battle scenes and sceneries are terriffic.Alan Taylor has made a Norse myhthology-super hero film which is so good that i want to see it more and more.The costumes are good as well.Thor's Mjollnir has improved from the one in Thor 1.It makes Thor looks more powerful with thenew hammer.Thor and Odin's father-and-son relationship is reversed from the previous movie,which made the film more thrilling.Of course,those above are just my own opinions,you can be fond of the movie or not,i cannot force you anyway. Expand
  23. Mar 29, 2014
    Thor: The Dark World was a great film. I loved it's action, I loved it's humor, I especially liked the idea that it kind of took a dark route that we really didn't see that much before in previous films in Marvel's Cinematic Universe. I wouldn't say I like this movie more or less than the first Thor, they both have good elements used in it and I would recommend both. However keep in mind that this film doesn't do anything you haven't seen before, it has a lot of themes in it that I would probably say seems kind of familiar; but the film uses those themes very well. Expand
  24. Mar 14, 2014
    I didn't think this movie was gonna be very good. I was pleasantly surprised. It as much, much better than the first. Better action, better story, more humor. Stay tuned after the credits, there are not one but two mid credit scenes.
  25. Mar 10, 2014
    Kat Dennings - aka Darcy - I so much hate her in the movie. She is so **** annoying. From start I hoped she die, but unfortunately not. Why???? Same stupid jokes all the time. Please, dont do this ever again Hollywood.
  26. Mar 10, 2014
    While I would like to say that this movie was better than the first one, on the whole it's about the same. Story is interesting and there is allot of Thor comic lore to keep fans engaged, but the writing and script are dead weak. Aside from Thor, there is very, very, very, little character development. Granted this is OK for the main characters as they were firmly established in the previous films, but with the focus now being on Asgard, there is allot of new elements to the universe that are barely touched upon.

Loki feels tacked on and seems utterly needless. With a dead obvious plot twist that anyone with half a brain would see coming a mile away. Clearly he is there as a fan service and to draw in the ladies (no idea what they see in him, but if that's what they like.)

The villain is so generic and really gets little due. Clearly he is there as a plot device and more or less feels like something for Thor to do, than an actual threat. At least Loki had charm and was fun to watch in his scenes.

The visual effects are utterly gorgeous and the production team do a fantastic job bring Asgard to life. A shame they couldn't have done the same with the script.

Overall:
    If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this was a "made-for-TV" movie. Everything looks good, and it follows a typical comic book formula, but considering this is a Marvel movie, I had expected allot better.

An entertaining, if somewhat average movie that delivers on the visuals but crashes with a flimsy script and lackluster plot.
  27. Mar 8, 2014
    Another superb super-hero movie from Marvel. With plenty of action, humor, and likable characters this movie proves to be just as much of a good time as the first. With it's combination of sci-fi themes like spaceships and aliens with things like knights and sword battles, the movie comes across as some sort of combination between "Lord of the Rings" and "Star Wars" all wrapped up in super-hero movie.

The action scenes are over-the-top and well done. The plot manages to have a more serious tone than it's predecessor, but thankfully never comes off as melodramatic or whinny like some other Marvel movies have *cough* Iron Man 2 *cough*. Overall this is a very fun and very excellent movie. One that will most assuredly please fans of Thor and of Marvel movies.
  28. Mar 8, 2014
    Some liked the first film more. Some liked this one more. Me? This one. I've always liked Loki, but here, I've liked him more than ever. He's just so fun to watch. The rest of the cast were great too, and the movie itself was also great.
  29. Mar 1, 2014
    I liked the first Thor but this one was a total failure. The plot to this movie is as thin as an 80 Yr Old Pair of Underwear that has been worn by a homeless dude for the past quarter century. I mean thin. The beginning was difficult to understand. I even attempted to use closed captioning to get the drift of the beginning. The only redeeming features of the movie were Loki and the two subcharacters who worked for Jane Foster.

It sounded like Chris Hemsworth just graduated from Woolloomooloo Grammar given his thick Aussie accent (which was not as pronounced in the first movie).
  30. Feb 22, 2014
    I'm not a big fan of superheroes movies but i enjoyed this one. It has a good rhythm and great visuals. Of course it has more or less the same development of all superheroes movies but it was fun to watch. Probably the main problem is that the main characters are played by actors that are dull.And yes i mean Portman and Hemsworth.
  31. Feb 20, 2014
    Well this was a surprise. I actually enjoyed a movie. They made a huge step forward compared to the first Thor. It has lot more action and and very SF oriented.
  32. Feb 15, 2014
    I begin by saying in a simple line, this sequel was just okay for me. I did not find any awesomeness in it or any mind blowing scenes. The first movie was quite interested me because of a new actor, new superhero character and the birth of the new franchise from Marvel studio. All together with a mythical Greek character in a modern world, it was something that hit me. Just a few months back, I praised Hemsworth for his best ever performance in the biographical picture 'Rush'. Here he has fallen back to okay kinda performance. The movie was nothing special, but a decent entertainment. Technically, it was rich in visuals with good graphics, no one must dare to doubt it. My problem was the story which followed the usual fantasy movie protocol. One of the disappointment from 2013, completely a commercial purpose behind its creation and production. Yeah, all the movie are but this one is very much visible. So in my opinion, it is one time watch movie.

6.5/10
  33. Feb 8, 2014
    A big improvement over its predecessor. Great action sequences, an appreciated sense of humor, consistent pacing, and an interesting plot that ends on an exciting note. The performances were mostly competent, with Tom Hiddleston being the top of them all.

Another fine addition to the Marvel franchise.
  34. Feb 4, 2014
    totally unexpected really enjoyed it. Funny at times and lots of action, drags slightly near the end but certainly not enough to spoil it. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. Roll on Thor 3
  35. Jan 25, 2014
    The plot is tied after the events of the Avengers , the protagonist Thor returns along with Loki to his father Odin ( Anthony Hopkins ) in Asgard.Odin Loki sent to prison.

After that, Thor returns to Earth to his love Jane Foster . But their relationship does not represent dilemma . Soon Jane stumbles upon Ether which need dark elves led the Accursed (
    Thor Loki releases to deal with
    the dark elves . Despite the excellent special effects sometimes funny jokes in the film are constantly trying to make a joke . For example the scene is tense and a minute later another joke . Nature of the characters spelled bad. Loki is the best and the expected character . Christopher good actor , but he came out of the villain quite weak. Expand
  36. Jan 20, 2014
    I really really enjoyed this movie. Where the first Thor film was merely a funny action film, this movie takes on a more serious tone and the actors really deliver. Tom Hiddleston reprises his role as Loki and easily hits it out of the park, stealing a lot of Hemsworth's thunder. The only thing stopping this movie from being great is that it takes a long time to get going and fails to capitalize at the end. Expand
  37. Jan 7, 2014
    If you walk into this movie for a great plot, your going for the wrong reason. If your going to this movie for fun action and great humor, your going for the right reason. This movie is everything that I wanted in Thor 1 and more. This movie is full of great action. The final fight between Malekeith and Thor is very creative and fun to watch. This movie is also hilarious! Even with a very funny Captain America cameo. Loki is probably the best character in the entire movie. I loved Loki in Thor 1 and especially in The Avengers. One thing that I don't like about the movie is the plot twist at the end, it felt kinda rushed. But overall this is an awesome movie that I would recommend to people who want to have a lot of fun in the theater. Expand
  38. Jan 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film fits into the MCU very nicely. If you weren't a fan of the Avengers collective already then this probably isn't the film that's going to win you over but if like me you're already well invested in the series then Thor 2 is a nice addition. It progresses Thor's story pretty well, raises some questions about the next Avengers film, the characters are well developed and the action sequences are awesome to watch.
    Some of the dialogue can be a bit cheesey at times but you kind of have to forgive a bit of cheesiness in a film about a comic book hero based on norse mythology. Also Malekith isn't the most impressive villain. *spoilers start here* There isn't a great deal of personality or motivation in his character, pretty much the only background we for him is "da bad guy gon' do bad tings." He has two fight sequences in the whole film. The first one he gets his arse handed to him by Thor's mammy and the second one is his final fight with Thor himself which he inevitably loses. Against the previous bad guy, Loki (who's character development and eventual fate are extremely intriguing in this film), he doesn't really measure up.
    Overall this film is worth seeing and certainly enjoyable if you are a fan of the Avengers films. But if not then it's not going do much for you.
  39. Jan 4, 2014
    Esperava mais de Thor. O filme tem ótimos efeitos visuais e tralha voando para todo lado porém uma experiência de aspecto cansativo a única coisa que salva o filme a cena final.
  40. Jan 3, 2014
    The sequel to the mediocre movie Thor. It's an improvement.
    Most things are pretty much the same the acting is satisfactory, the plot is satisfactory, the dialogue is satisfactory, the characters are satisfactory. But the one change is that the acting scenes have been reduced (by the target audiences demand for explosions)
    to blundering B-movie like smashes and punches which remind me of
    the cheesy 1960's Batman fights and have about as much intelligence as a mouldy cheese sandwich.
    Fortunately the witty, and surprisingly British, humor saves the potentially failed movie. I think I laughed more in Thor The Dark World than I did in Napoleon Dynamite (which I did like), Chris O'Dowd even turns up a few times to provide some comic relief from the brainless antics going on between Thor and Malektih who is played brilliantly but unrecognisably by Christopher Ecclestone.
    While the action scenes were a step down I enjoyed Thor The Dark World more than the first movie and do recommend it due to the clever writing and strong effective humor.
  41. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The guy with the big hammer is back! He is still mostly the straight man in a story that mixes Shakespearian family drama with mythical mumbo-jumbo. Mind you, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and his Asgardian kin are not Gods, because that could cause all sorts of controversy among the believers of various ‘legit’ religions. The movie takes the Lord of the Rings approach by throwing you right into an epic battle with explanatory voice-over. It introduces the movies villains economically, making no compromises to people who may need a moment to transition from their daily routine to this fantastical world. You’ll either have to go with it or just go.

In time, you do stop worrying about the plausibility and practical aspects of life in Asgard and the other realms. What becomes more of a problem is some really silly science being used on the earthbound side of the story. The mythical worlds are so far removed from reality that applying credibility seems inappropriate. But hanging a whole lot of gibberish pseudo-science off two fake-looking devices with a dubious-looking remote control and making the grand finale hinge on the vague workings of it, is annoying. Sure, I can understand that these doohickeys simply do what the script needs them to do, but they are such obvious plot devices that the lazy writing is hard to miss. The writers have some fun by playing around with the effect the thingamajigs cause, and even use it for some good comic relief, but it does throw you out of the story. The writers expose themselves too much as puppet masters.

Now, all this makes it sound like I didn’t have a good time watching Thor: The Dark World. But it is fun, in a cheesy, over-the-top kinda way. Most of the cast from the first movie is brought back in, including the great Tom Hiddleston as Loki, though I don’t quite like how the movie handles him. In-between this movie and The Avengers, he does seem to be spending an awful lot of time hanging around in a cell. And being a trickster, a character you can never get a handle on, he risks going from intriguing to boring in the end. Nathalie Portman is back as the love-interest, brought together ‘by fate’ according to Thor, though I’d say it was the script, working really hard to maneuver her into place. I like Portman in the role and it’s always a joy watching her slap people in the face. Her assistant Darcy Lewis (Kat Dennings) works well as the comic relief, though the funniest moment involves a very quick and unexpected cameo from one of Thor’s former comrades-in-arms. Idris Elba also returns, as gate-keeper Heimdall, a lot more well-known by now and still looking hot despite the colored lenses. I look forward to seeing him in the Mandela biopic.

The main problem with Thor: The Dark World is one of tone. Sometimes it takes itself very seriously, sometimes not at all. That can work if the comedy is in the dialogue and the interplay between characters. But as a viewer, you do want to feel that the writers are dedicated to telling a solid, well-thought out story and are not just having a laugh.

@PopCultJunk
  42. Jan 2, 2014
    Though there is a lot of mindless action sequences and poorly written scenes, overall Thor: The Dark World delivers where the first one couldn't. This film feels more at ease and more like the Marvel comic it is based on, the weakness lies in the lack of depth of the myriad of characters and the satirical humour which struggles to be in the same vein as Joss Whedon.
  43. Jan 2, 2014
    Loki stole the show. Tom Hiddleston really knows how to make his fandom proud and how to attract viewers to watch this sequel over and over again. However, like most movies, the first movie has a better storyline and is more exciting to watch. Compared to other superhero movie sequels, this movie is not too shabby.
  44. Dec 28, 2013
    Thor: The Dark World is a touch better than the first installment, but simply doesn't focus enough on what I believe are the two film's greatest strengths (Tom Hiddleston's Loki and the fish out of water humor).
  45. Dec 21, 2013
    The fact that the debate which Marvel superhero is the best since it has insured (for now): Thor. The movie is one of the best I saw in the year (the 8th in the Top 10 of the year). Tom Hiddleston Loki continues to surprise once more and the villain is not even reach the heels. The performances are incredible, the script a bit worn, but does like, the end and the doubts that leaves you (clearly be resolved in any other Marvel film), the comedic moments will elicit a laugh. The only bad thing: a few minutes that means get bored. The finding: the cameo by Stan Lee and Chris Evans are very well prepared. Expand
  46. Dec 19, 2013
    After disappointing iron man 3 and terrible wolverine i didn't expect much from franchiser but gladly thor proved me wrong.Movie is funny and had a good story and amazing 3D effects.Acting is up to the standard and film really build the momentum to Avengers 2.They present big lie in a scientific way so its almost felt like real. kat dennings look so pretty and so funny.
  47. iam
    Dec 18, 2013
    Terribilmente noioso, film blockbuster con poche idee più complicate che complesse, con un cattivo che non fa paura, con una trama prevedibilissima, senza anima e senza emozioni.
    Personaggi privi di risvolti psicologici. Da dimenticare il prima possibile.
    Si spera che Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins faccia altri film in modo da non chiudere la sua carriera cinematografica con questo film.

Saccheggio maldestro di alcuni temi del Signore degli Anelli, film di tutt'altro calibro.
  48. Dec 16, 2013
    When I sat back watching this movie I was surprised how quickly the time passed. This movie was entertaining from start to finish. Asgard looks amazing. Many millions of dollars have been spent CGI'ing this film up the wazoo. And the fight scenes are pretty epic. But the whole time I watched this film something about it was bugging me. And it was this. Natalie Portman, who can be an amazing actor when she isn't phoning it in, could be replaced with a cardboard cutout for 90% of this film and the movie would run through exactly the same. I am unfamiliar with the comic book upon which the movie is based but I highly doubt the female protagonist is supposed to be so one dimensional. Heck her sidekick Kat Dennings had a more interesting and dynamic story arc with the intern. Natalie Portman meantime looks pretty and gets rescued, until the last minute when she springs into action using tools her co-workers figured out and built without her input, to science/magic somehow help Thor in the big boss battle at the end. And even there her help is rivaled by her co-workers. Not exactly lead protagonist material. Expand
  49. Dec 16, 2013
    With an Avenger cameo, Hiddleston and Hemsworth at their primes, Natalie Portman, Action and just the right amount of humor this film is probably third or second on the list of best Marvel movies!
  50. Dec 14, 2013
    Marvel are having a streak of good movies and this is no exception. It has all the elements, action, romance, comedy with a pinch of serious drama. However a few of these key elements are done slightly average, but we'll talk about that later. The story started on a high note for me. As a kid I loved the whole Asgardian lore, knowing that it actually had historical value I was a major geek I still love it now. Initially, we see Thor's grandfather Bhor, who's fighting the dark elfs, led by Maleikith. Bhor wins by stealing the Aether, a device capable of mass destruction. After losing his ace, Maleikith go's into hiding, and Bhor hides the Aether in a place that NO ONE will find... Of course that lasts less than 30 minutes, resulting in Jane Foster hitting Thor in the face and the dark elfs awaken. And I'm glad they did!!! The action here is great!!! Game of Thrones and Asagardian legend is a match made in heaven! Credit to the director. The comedy is also on par with this standard. Darsey, Eric and Loki are brilliant, with Thor giving an acasional glimpse of humor. However the romance doesn't fare so well. It feels very forced, and there's no chemistry between the two. The villain follows the same route. Maleikith is very generic, stereotypical and we just simply don't see enough of him. Then thank god for Loki. Some of the best scences of the film contain Loki. He's perfectly played by Tom Hiddleston. He's got the charisma, the dark humor and the constant surprises. Thor The Dark World is disappointing in some respects, but is still an overall good film. Expand
  51. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let me tell you something about me. I'm a big fan of superhero movies, despite the fact they are all bad and dumb. You cannot make them smart, it is extremely difficult to come up with a good story for these types of movies that the audience may relate to. It's superheroes, it's just not believable, and the people making these movies are bound by Hollywood formulas and bunch of other constraints, and they feel like they are exempt from creating a good story since they have all those special effects. However, I like them because with today's technology they can put pretty much what ever they like on the screen. There is no limit to special effects. So, they are dumb, but they are spectacular and enjoyable. There were a couple of them though that I couldn't abide, that were so insanely stupid and poorly written, you just could not forgive. The latest one like that was the last Batman movie that abomination with Bane. Well, the latest one prior to this movie!!! I think they killed the whole genre for me with this one. I simply never want to see another superhero movie again, ever! This movie is so dry, uninteresting, dumb, boring, I was actually playing solitaire on my phone for good portions of the movie. Now I realize I should have been playing throughout the screening. I feel bad for the cast wrecking their careers with this one. Here's just one piece of spoiler for you: The villain trying to destroy the universe was defeated with the help of Nintendo. They couldn't have done it without it. Thor is dumber than ever. He's just clueless, but still wiser than Odin, who turns dumber than Thor in part one. Not that there's anything interesting going on they might be aware of. Heimdall can't see sh.., the warriors three are quite... Listen, all characters are simply redundant, and the movie would be better off just showing the stars and skyline of London for two hours. You have been warned. Expand
  52. Dec 12, 2013
    This movie was an improvement from the last Thor movie but not by much. Several hours after I saw it I didn't think about it. A good movie stays with you days after you see it if it's real good, not this one. I saw Oblivion with Tom Cruise the following day on Blue Ray and thought about it for days after. It's definitely not as good as the first 2 Iron Man movies and is not one of Marvel's better franchises. It's a rental at best. Expand
  53. Dec 10, 2013
    Yes Thor 2 was entertaining. Was it anything great? Really? No. Just the same movie as the first one again. Was I expecting anymore from this movie? No. So was I surprised? Of course not. Would I recommend this movie to friends? If they want to see top of the line special effects and typical hollywood action? Yes. I give it extra points for Natalie Portmans sake. Typical popcorn munching fare. Expand
  54. Dec 9, 2013
    This is a very good action movie, the title is also good Thor The Dark World, the visual effect is also good as a real
    Actors and actresses in the film played very well
    costumes are also good and interesting
    in the film is not only tense adengan
    There adengan that makes people who watch it to laugh
    I think this is one of the best action films this year
  55. Dec 5, 2013
    Coming from someone who didn't enjoy the first Thor film I think Thor: The Dark World is a huge step up. I wanted more Asgard (delivered). Natalie Portman has become a little unnecessary I don't know why Marvel seems to think all of the super heroes need a love interest just because they're now making movies but I found her kind of annoying. Also, can Loki get his own movie? Tom Hiddleston is absolutely killing it!!! It's going to be fun to continue to see Thor develop and it's going to be even more fun to see what Loki does to spoil it. Expand
  56. Dec 4, 2013
    Too bad, there are actually no more action Comedy emosión and nothing like all Marvel movies. A disaster of all, this is for those who criticize Man Of Steel.
  57. Dec 2, 2013
    the jokes in it are not funny. The movie starts to get boring from the beginning. I heard the last few scenes are saved by the director of The Avengers, which are the only interesting parts in this movie.
  58. Dec 2, 2013
    This is an improvement over the first Thor movie, better than the battle in desert one-horse town from the first one. Content got a little vague at the end, but I can forgive that considering the enjoyment versus the first installment. Worth seeing.
  59. Dec 2, 2013
    Seen it yesterday very poor movie ,plot and very poor actor I sometimes enjoyed some scenes especially the big battles and thor sequences but that's it you will forget this movie very soon
  60. Dec 2, 2013
    This film is like all the Marvel movies, without emotion, without the stress and child silly comedy. Personally, it's a mediocre crap like Iron Man 3. Lousy.
  61. Nov 29, 2013
    Thor The Dark World is a decent flick. The film has some good action scenes, likeable characters (especially Loki), nice presentation, and some fun scenes. However, the film is bogged down by a slow first half and a couple scenes that might be a little too dark. Thankfully, though there is enough entertainment/good stuff to make the movie enjoyable. I’m glad I saw it but don’t think I’m going to see it again. If you are a fan of these movies you’ll enjoy it just fine if not there is nothing here to change your mind. As it stands this is one of the weaker films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe but not a bad one making it worth a watch for fans of the genre but that’s about it Expand
  62. Nov 29, 2013
    Really good movie. I preferred it to the first Thor for sure. Honestly, I think this is one of the better superhero movies I have seen. Tom Hiddleston was fantastic as Loki, as were Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman in their roles. Overall, a really well acted and well directed sequel that really does a good job moving the series forward. Also, it was extremely funny, which was unexpected.
  63. Nov 28, 2013
    A good, fun film. Not fantastic. Not incredible (Ironman was incredible). Good continuity, but I think characterizations were a bit off. The plot follows the comic book lore pretty well. So the problem for me were all the gags maybe one would have been enough. Thor trying to hang his hammer on a coat rack was a bit too much could have edited that one out. Hemsworth and Portman work well together and pave over the awkward moments. Would have liked a bit more development on the villain. Yeah... go see... enjoy. Expand
  64. Nov 28, 2013
    Derivative as it is, a charismatic cast, witty dialogue and Loki saves Thor: The Dark World from being just a gala of special effects destroying the universe.
  65. Nov 27, 2013
    This sequel really felt like another version of "Iron Man 3". A let loose disappointing, sequel that tries to bring in laughs and not enough good storytelling. While there were some good action sequences and Tom Hiddleston's portrayal of Loki is still spot on and awesome as ever, it still doesn't quite redeem a movie that I thought would actually be way better than expected. Overall, "Iron Man 3" remake. I give it a B-. Expand
  66. Nov 27, 2013
    For me, the first movie was more enjoyable. The Dark World has potentials but failed to deliver a convincing act and dialogue. The jokes are often on-point, but some are too much. The production is also a little bit all over the place and I can't really enjoy the one and a half hour spent seeing the whole movie. It did entertain me, but not to the point where I'd happily give out at least a 7 or an 8. Expand
  67. Nov 26, 2013
    Thor 2 as second as Second hand. I hope this year is not over I will see probably action movie with an idea or sense! They have shooting a movie which are soulless.
    begging your pardon, but I suggest not to see this movie unless you want waist your time.
    You will see nothing original.
  68. Nov 25, 2013
    A great improvement over the first film in 2011. Thor The Dark World has better performances by Hemsworth and Hiddleston, better visuals and a much more fun atmosphere. I always look forward to Marvel films, as silly as they are and they are all flawed, they are always great fun and this was no exception.
  69. Nov 25, 2013
    It's fun like a really well done comic book. Renee Russo and Kat Dennings really made this movie fun. Now, if you could just somehow get Tom Hiddleston’s (Loki) acting talent into Chris Hemsworth's (Thor) body? THAT would be super!
  70. Nov 25, 2013
    Delivered on everything it needed to, but did little else. Just like Thor 1, Loki steals the show and any scene not including him falls a little flatter. The action sequences were well done and it had a couple jokes here and there. Overall, it is not a must see, but not a disappointment. Hopefully, the next Avengers will revive just a little more interest in these few franchises.
  71. Nov 24, 2013
    While better than the first, the sequel provides much more danger, darkness, and an adventurous story that fans are sure to love, but the film still follows the much overdone formula of every other Marvel movie (or superhero movie for that matter).
  72. Nov 24, 2013
    A fantastically great movie. If you've seen the original Thor, don't despair, this one's way better. If you liked the Avengers, this one topped it in my opinion phenomenal graphics and score, a great ensemble of characters, Loki (ye old norse gods, I love Loki!), smart dialog and the highest praise I personally can accord a movie internal logical consistency. Fine storytelling, some real puzzlers left for continuity, but no extreme and clumsy cliffhangering. I'd go see it again right now if I could. Go spoil yourselves, this is the movie to see this day and month... Expand
  73. Nov 24, 2013
    What? There was a Thor 1 and 2? No way. What there was a Star Wars 1, 2, and a 3? Crazy world. Whatever bring on Guardians of the Galaxy. Dark world is a great addition to the tapestry that Marvel has been building with Disney money. There is that enough words?
  74. Nov 24, 2013
    I really really enjoyed this movie. Where the first Thor film was merely a funny action film, this movie takes on a more serious tone and the actors really deliver. The only thing stopping this movie from being great is that it takes a long time to get going.
  75. Nov 24, 2013
    Can't understand the critics. This is a very entertaining movie. Load of actions, stunning CGI effects, plot twists galore and funny moments. Can't ask for much more, except maybe Natalie Portman could act with more feelings. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
  76. Nov 23, 2013
    Another highly entertaining Marvel movie, and that is what it is all about, quality entertainment. Please ignore the stuffy critical reviews, the movies that they do like are typically a good cure for insomnia. Lots of Asgardian action, amazing special effects and some big moments for the character Thor.
  77. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didnt think it was as good as Thor 1, But still, fantastic movie. They over did with the humor But it didnt ruin the film. Definitely see it if you get a chance. Expand
  78. Nov 23, 2013
    For lover of the genre the movie is really well done and the plot correctly followed the entire Marvel universe showed in others Marvel movies. Good special effect. Everythings is linked in good way with The first chapter. I am very keen of the saga and I can't wait to see the Thor 3. In my opinion the best character is loki! Wonderfull acting!
  79. Nov 21, 2013
    Acting is great as usual. The dialogue is decent (Thor & Loki lines were awesome) though a bunch of the funny scenes/gags and lines seemed very forced and fell flat among the audience at the sold-out IMAX theater where I watched this film, but it does for the most part retain the humor that's prevalent in all the Marvel films. The overall action is decent, but only a couple of scenes really impressed me that said there IS more action in this one than the last so that's a plus. Unsurprisingly, the special effects and the music score are fantastic and I'd say this film is worth seeing in IMAX. The plot on the other hand... well it seemed like it could've been improved more. That being said I did enjoy this movie and would recommend it if you like any of the other Marvel movies and if you liked the first Thor. Expand
  80. Nov 21, 2013
    Well I'm a fan of Asgardian mythology and Marvel movies so I'll try to stay a bit objective. I loved the movie. Sure it doesn't make sense to fight guys with laser guns with just some swords and shields, but it adds to the action right? So if you take that for granted and just enjoy what's in front of you, which is a visual spectacle, it's a nice ride. Good pace is also enjoyable.
  81. Nov 21, 2013
    I already enjoyed watching Thor 1 and thought Thor: The Dark World was even better. Yes, there are some points especially about the time between the two movies that don't get explained enough, but the movie was good enough to let you look past this "minor" flaw. There have been some of that typical funny "Thor does not belong into this world" moments and the story was interesting to follow. Loki again was a great character. Maybe not the deepest movie but definitely very entertaining. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2013
    I basically got what I expected out of this movie: a bunch of pretty people talking and fighting over things which I couldn't care less about. This movie has plenty of action and special effects, but those are ultimately wasted because they mostly involve characters or locations that we simply don't know or sympathize with. The main problem with this franchise is that it tries to split our attention between two different realms, but fails to adequately develop either. I will say, however, that Loki is delightful, as always, and there are some very funny moments this time. Expand
  83. Nov 19, 2013
    Thor 2 is possibly the best MCU movie aside from Avengers itself (possibly tied with Iron Man 1). It is a fantastic solo movie that focuses on Thor and Asgard while also allowing for the existence of the rest of the MCU, unlike Iron Man 3 where everything else was ignored as if it did not exist.
  84. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thor: The Dark World is a sequel that it's prequel is truly not worthy of. This movie is very entertaining, and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! The only downside towards the movie was the attack scene on Asgard in the climax of the movie involving the Dark Elves and their spaceships. That one scene left such a bad taste in my mouth that I thought that the rest of the movie would be as bad, but it's not. This movie is one of the very few movies that can actually surprise me with it's story, and it went ahead to do so several time. There's plenty of humor, but it's appropriate for such a movie. A must-watch! Expand
  85. Nov 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film surprised the hell out of me! Is not like Thor was not a good movie, but this one took all the strongest points in the first one and it has improved them too much. What I liked the most: the scenarios as always perfect, really enjoyable in 3-D. The characters got a lot better, the improved the relationship between Thor and Loki really a lot, Thor does not trust Loki like he used to, is not blindly following him anymore. In the other hand, Loki had a believable reason to be by Thor's side this time, the loss of their mother, who was kind of the only one who shared a bond with Loki after the betrayal. Fridda surprised me way too much. The dramatic parts, and also the action were pretty well done. Overall I liked it way better than Thor 1, and a lot more than Avengers (I can't believe I'm actually comparing these 2). Expand
  86. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a good movie that is carried well by its co-stars who consistently outperform the 2 leads. When Thor plays the straight man to Loki's jokes the movie gets more interesting. When Natalie Portman tries to play googlie eyes with the camera then the movie falls flat. We also never get to see Kat Dennings long hair and red lips because she is stuck in that stereotypical role that held that whole section of the movie back. Also the almost expected after credit preview was to me completely unnecessary since the last 3 minutes of the movie itself provided enough uh oh to make you want to come back anyways. Expand
  87. Nov 17, 2013
    It seems as though Thor: The Dark World came off as a mediocre superhero sequel. Yes, the special effects were good, but in terms of actual value, this does not induce too many laughs nor does it keep viewers on the edge of their seat. It is hard to follow, not very engaging, and convoluted in its plot. There are many more better superhero movies out there (note how public reviews are generally positive, while critical reviews are lukewarm at best). I am not advising against seeing this: I am just saying that there are definitely better ways to use two hours of time. Expand
  88. Nov 17, 2013
    Thor: The Dark World is not going to win any Oscars. But it's a solid movie it builds well, Thor seems human for the first time, and the supporting cast is excellent. The pacing has been criticized, and I will admit that it's a slow build, but I can't think of any scenes I would have cut out.

Ultimately, it manages to be about more than explosions and set piece battles, and rises above
    Thor 1, Iron Man 2 and 3, the Avengers, and certainly the last two Superman flicks to be one of the better comic book movies I've seen.

Does it reach the heights of the new Batman movies? No. But it's sincere, and fun, and you'll walk out of the theater feeling good. And so far this year, that's been a rarity.
  89. Nov 17, 2013
    Better Than The First Thor Due to A Engaging Plot, Fun Characters, Humor, Action, SFX, And More but One Thing I Though Was A Little Eh Is The Shoehorned Side-Plot Of Darcy And Ian (Her Intern).
  90. Nov 17, 2013
    "Thor: The Dark Word" is a new sequel by the first movie of "Thor" and a crossover spinoff by "The Avengers," but unfortunately the movie is very weak for me that a lot of people seem to enjoy this overhyped film. This sequel is about a brave superhuman who enters a darkish humanity to face against the dark elves who wants to conquer the universe. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) returns as a handsome mythological prince who wants to see his true love, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) in England, and he's trying to find a Nine Realms in the big bloated planet. The movie drags down with silly humor, corny dialogue, and some unpleasant scenes, where Dr. Erik Selvig (Stellan Starsgard) is running crazy with his naked body and he started to become a lunatic. I would say whatever happen to this scene? Does the doctor goes insane while he left away from The Avengers that they didn't known about him? The main villain named Malekith (Christopher Eccleston) is part of the dark universe and he 's one of the most boring characters in this movie, it goes very slow for this plot, even Loki (Tom Hiddleston) is having fun for his character since they make him interested villain from the "The Avengers." Thor: The Dark World is an underwhelming superhero film with corny forgettable characters, a dull story, and some tiring moments. I would prefer "The Avengers," or an okay version from Kenneth Branagh's "Thor." One of the main problems is that the film turns into corky uninteresting mess, when does the film turns so corky that doesn't take to serious. Thor: The Dark World is not a memorable superhero like the other Marvel Universe series, even it's more less convenience like "Man of Steel" or "The Wolverine." So the search I still on until we get to next Avengers sequel or any spinoff characters in Marvel. Expand
  91. Nov 17, 2013
    I went in to this movie expecting to find it as mediocre as I found the first one, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. Thor 2 turned out to be fantastic, and one of my favorite Marvel movies of the past few years. The writing in particular is wonderful, and you will be laughing out loud a lot. At first the plot appears to be fairly mundane and uninteresting (the romance between Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) is just downright boring) but as soon as Loki (Tom Hiddleston) enters the picture, it really gets interesting. Honestly, the first half in general is pretty meh aside from the comic relief of Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis, but everything from Loki's re-entrance onwards is pure gold. I am simply in love with Loki, who provides nonstop one-liners and mind-blowing plot twists for the entirety of the second half of the film. Really, the entire final battle is one of the most legitimately enjoyable things I've seen recently, alternating rapidly between brilliant laugh-worthy moments and fast-paced, extremely well-done action sequences, all culminating in a last-minute twist I guarantee you won't see coming.
    To summarize, Thor 2 may start out slow, but has one of the strongest and most enjoyable finishes in Marvel history. I loved it, and Hiddleston's Loki is probably one of the most interesting and entertaining characters I've ever seen. Do yourself a favor and go see it. I promise you won't regret it.
  92. Nov 17, 2013
    Much better than the 1st. It is nice to see a Thor movie where Thor is Thor during the entire movie. I would prefer that they ditch the romance angle and concentrate on Thor only. When is Marvel going to remake some of the classic comic stories that made these heroes what they are today? I do admit that Lokai steals many scenes throughout the movie. It was good that they saw his possibilities. Nice plot twists too. Expand
  93. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than first Thor, much bigger and not so much jokes as Iron Man 3. The best super hero movie of this year. It dont have to be serious but at same time it is. And what Alan Taylor did in Game of Thrones he pass on this movie so well. Better than I expected 8/10. Expand
  94. Nov 17, 2013
    Thor 2 is easy to forget, with a predictable story and character not so charismatic. Sometimes can be a little bit boring, but have some good action scenes.
  95. Nov 17, 2013
    It is not as good as The Avengers,BUT the is great.I've watched it on 4d and it was great.You have to watch this film.The worst thing about it is that people are getting tired of superhero movies.
  96. Nov 17, 2013
    Featuring some solid direction, set pieces, and storytelling, "Thor: The Dark World" marks yet another worthy entry into the already expansive Marvel/Disney dynasty.
  97. Nov 16, 2013
    Light years better than Thor 1, but still not as good as Avengers was. It was nice to see the grittier side come out this time around. Would recommend for a fan of superhero movies but wait for Netflix if you are on the fence.
  98. Nov 15, 2013
    Big improvement over the first Thor. The action I would say was on par with the Avengers. And the gags were funnier than some of the actual comedies this year. Dialogue was pretty good and Loki was awesome as always, but Chris Hemsworth also did a great job as Thor again. Only negative was the villain, he was kinda meh.
    P.S. Whats wrong with you Metacritic? This year you seem to be
    anti-super hero movies. There are other genres other Drama you know. Expand
  99. Nov 15, 2013
    This is a real solid superhero film and an overall better film than the first. To me Thor has been the toughest of the superhero's to get on board with mainly because the villains besides Loki are just not that interesting, but seeing more of Thor in action with a real good script made for a pleasant surprise. B+
  100. Nov 15, 2013
    I found Thor: The Dark World to be a huge improvement over the first movie. Malekith is a believable villain, and he looks the part. But the real star in this film has to be Loki. Absolutely brilliant film and one of Marvel's better superhero flicks.

1. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Nov 8, 2013
    The movie is pretty to look at in a "Transformers" sort of way and moves briskly enough that it never threatens to bore, but it's hard to feel much of anything about the characters and, when it's all over, there's a sense that everything that happens is obligatory.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Nov 8, 2013
    My favorite moment in the movie: Astrophysicist Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard) insisting on wearing only his underwear because he says he thinks better that way. Hey, whatever works.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 8, 2013
    None of that is to say that Thor: The Dark World is a bad movie, necessarily. I would never speak ill of a man with a giant, magical hammer. At the same time, hammer or no hammer, it doesn't quite nail it, either.