Three Kings

8.9

1. Jul 21, 2014
    Overall, this one is a pretty good film. George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube, and Spike Jonze, are all good here and really help this film out. The direction from David O. Russell was also very good and gave this one a unique feel. Many war films do not really have character development and this one did not have a ton, but it at least had some to let us know the motivation behind theOverall, this one is a pretty good film. George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube, and Spike Jonze, are all good here and really help this film out. The direction from David O. Russell was also very good and gave this one a unique feel. Many war films do not really have character development and this one did not have a ton, but it at least had some to let us know the motivation behind the main characters' actions. However, the narrative slacks at times and can be a tad boring at times for my liking and even when it was not, I was never fully gripped by what was happening. It was certainly interesting enough, but the plot was a tad too outlandish and predictable for me to fully enjoy it. Now, the film is still entertaining and is still very well made and well acted, so I can see why it got the praise it did. However, this one was just not fully for me, though it was still a pretty good film in my eyes. Expand
  2. Frucky
    Mar 30, 2002
    Excellent, tricked out cinematography, pretty funny, but ultimately confused. Silly plot devices and boring ending. Strangely disappointing, if you believed most of the critics.

1. So overstuffed with random fireworks that despite its politics, it's easy to imagine the film getting a four-star rave from Bush or Saddam.
  2. Off-and-on cynical and sentimental, Russell's darkly comic tale shows how much can be done with familiar material when you're burning to do things differently and have the gifts to pull that off.
    Visual pyrotechnics and dark humor aside, Three Kings rules because it dares to dig for such truths, whether banal or significant.