Timeline

4.0

1. NicolasO.
    Nov 27, 2003
    The book's great, but the movie is, as always, a little less good. Still a good action movie, with an interesting story. The only questionable thing is the choice of actor. Walker is almost a 3rd role here. The real attraction here is G. Butler. He has it all, and he's real good. Less than the book, but still a very good movie.
  2. Justin
    Jul 25, 2006
    The problem with the users is that most of them probably never read the book. The movie was incredibly well done and was fairly accurate with the book. The movie by itself was good enough to be called incredible. A great movie from a great book.
  3. MatthewS.
    Nov 28, 2003
    I've not read the book, and I was entertained. For my money, the bad dialogue and questionable plotting where superceded by the almost non-stop (if arguably incomprehensible, or what have you) action of the film. Some, of course, may see this as a downside, but there are times when sheer visceral thrill--with little thinking involved--provides exactly what one is looking for: a light I've not read the book, and I was entertained. For my money, the bad dialogue and questionable plotting where superceded by the almost non-stop (if arguably incomprehensible, or what have you) action of the film. Some, of course, may see this as a downside, but there are times when sheer visceral thrill--with little thinking involved--provides exactly what one is looking for: a light little bit of (silly) entertainment. Expand
  4. JugsterJam
    May 14, 2004
    Movie was worth the time and I can even say I watched it again on dvd. No bad acting in the movie, it's fast paced exciting, historically like your high school history book coming alive in your mind. Accurate battles, location, and gear. I have watched just about every dvd released and this is one of the best in past months. The movie pace keeps up with the factual TIMELINE.
  5. AndrewL.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Good, fun movie. As always, the movie did not do justice to the book. The plot suffered from overediting of the script. Paul Walker is a rising star.
  6. Aug 26, 2016
    I watched the movie right after watching Lilo and Stitch because I had more movies to watch. It was a great movie. It's got a historical plot, shiny visual effects and the acting is so good that I want to drink some root beer. It parodied Back to The Future and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I just want to see the entire movie!!! I'm so good at it!!

1. Glorious so-bad-it's-good entertainment.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    Lacks the consistent tone, pace and point of view for either a science fiction thriller or medieval war adventure.
    Boring and repetitive.