7.4

1. Mar 23, 2014
    A long winded, borderline random series of sci-fi cliches, strung together with a weak story and weak characters, Titan AE is one of those films that just doesn't make any sense to me. It has a massive following, but I don't really understand why.

The movie revolves around the main character, Kale, who has been somehow encoded with a map to Titan, humanity's chance at recovery. Why this
    has been done to Kale is never explained. Along the way, he gets a variety of aliens friends, whose personalities flipflop essentially at random, to help.

Literally everything in this movie is a cliche. There is not a single original thought in this movie's head. Besides a decent presentation and some okay voice acting, this movie is bottom of the barrel C-list garbage.
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    While I get that this movie has gotten some unfair criticisms, that is to be expected as people have set the bar pretty high for Don Bluth. Personally, I liked this movie and the story it told. A real shame that they didn't make the movie just a bit longer to go into a bit more depth with some of the side characters and sub plots. I can easily see this movie being expanded into a series, and perhaps an animated mini-series would have been better as there is just so much lore that it tries to introduce in such a small amount of time. Animation is just spectacular. Voice actors are well cast and do their job well enough. Overall: A very good movie, just a shame that it does not live up to its potential as it could have been allot more than it was. Expand
  3. Dec 22, 2012
    Everybody looked at this movie thinking this is going to be one of the best animated films ever. But in reality your trying to say slow down and explain your reasoning for this movie. The events happened way too quick. Also that one character, I think his name is Tech, was so quick to be off the screen and you don't even no his importance. for the future you need to explain the events.
  4. Aug 28, 2012
    a very good sci-fi film...............................................................................................................................
  5. Jan 8, 2012
    Even now in 2012, this is still a visually stunning movie. It has memorable characters, good humour and an action-packed story line. Absolute recommendation for any Sci-fi fan. I'm deducting points for the horrible immersion-breaking vocals in the sound track, though!
  6. Nov 28, 2011
    Titan A.E. is getting a 3D re-release on September 21, 2012 in Theaters.

"TITAN AE IS BACK TO THEATERS" got to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Q-CEjT92E and http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/titan+ae
  7. Sep 28, 2011
    It's alright. I don't think it's quite up to the standard of Don Bluth's earlier films like The Land Before Time, but it's not bad. The CGI and animation blend together fairly well.

I always found the film rather thought provoking, because I first watched it while I was playing Mass Effect, and one central idea in the film captured my imagination. Cause see, humanity at the beginning of
    the movie almost goes extinct. They're scattered to the far reaches of the galaxy as refugees. The main character, a young teenage male named Cale Tucker, is stuck working at an asteroid salvage yard. He's kinda lonely there, surrounded by aliens. Luckily, he eventually encounters an attractive human girl named Akima.

Now, what I always wondered was what would have happened if he had never lucked into finding another human girl? What if he really was alone on that alien asteroid facility? This is a teenage guy, after all. How do you deal with being horny all the time without having any chance for sex? Sure, you can masturbate, but how long can you do that before pondering the possibility of having sex with an alien girl? It's kinda gross and disturbing, because that would be bestiality, but eventually you'd have to consider it, right? The months and years pass by. Is he able to hold onto his humanity? Will he give into his hormones and try to romance and **** an alien?

It's something to think about.
  8. May 5, 2011
    Don't listen to the critics. They're trying to get you to agree with them. Titan A.E. is a fantastic traditionally-animated flick with fantastic visuals, a great story and a fantastic voice cast (Matt Damon, Drew Barrymore, Bill Pullman and John Leguizamo, more specifically). Sure, it's not "Star Wars" or "Planet of the Apes", but still, it's worth watching. I think I even saw a cult following on this movie. Expand
  9. Oct 24, 2010
    this is the right movie you've been looking for

1. Like watching a 90-minute game of the video game Asteroids - all bang and no buck.
  2. Visually compelling, relentlessly loud and so shallow you need just a fragment of your brain to follow it.
  3. It moves so fast you almost forget it leaves the characters in its wake.