Titanic

8.5

1. O.H.VictorRajK.
    Jun 12, 2003
    A true international masterpiece of a movie. Few films can go and convince the critics and viewers alike and Titanic does it. All those who keep complaining about Titanic are those who like bashing about what becomes liked by all as they want to be seen otherwise to make a statement. If there's one true measurement of a film's real likeability then one has to look at the A true international masterpiece of a movie. Few films can go and convince the critics and viewers alike and Titanic does it. All those who keep complaining about Titanic are those who like bashing about what becomes liked by all as they want to be seen otherwise to make a statement. If there's one true measurement of a film's real likeability then one has to look at the collections - after all people vote with their money. If still in doubt look at the Oscars. Expand
  2. DaveC.
    Jun 1, 2004
    A classic love story in every sense of the word. Charming, heartbreaking, very highly entertaining and visually beautiful. To compare it to other romantic masterpieces, it's more direct and succinct with its characters and develops them just enough get the audience emotionally involved and it does overwhelm the characters with the grandiose scale of its story like Doctor Zhivago did. A classic love story in every sense of the word. Charming, heartbreaking, very highly entertaining and visually beautiful. To compare it to other romantic masterpieces, it's more direct and succinct with its characters and develops them just enough get the audience emotionally involved and it does overwhelm the characters with the grandiose scale of its story like Doctor Zhivago did. Sure, the characters are archetypal and the events of the film are quite melodramatic, but these old fashioned archetypes are lovingly recreated and the melodrama is sincere and effective. This just might be the perfect romantic epic were it not for Billy Zane's pathetic, caricatured performance as the jealous lover. Expand
  3. MichelleL
    Jan 1, 2005
    This is the best movie in the whole world! James Camron is a terrific director! Leonardo DiCaprio is not just hot, but a wonder actor! Kate Winselt is a beautiful, magnificent actress! And James Horner, the conductor of the music in this film, is definitely a great musician. And least but not last, this is a wonder film of romance, adventure, and drama. Good luck to the actor, actress, This is the best movie in the whole world! James Camron is a terrific director! Leonardo DiCaprio is not just hot, but a wonder actor! Kate Winselt is a beautiful, magnificent actress! And James Horner, the conductor of the music in this film, is definitely a great musician. And least but not last, this is a wonder film of romance, adventure, and drama. Good luck to the actor, actress, director, and conductor. Expand
    Nov 4, 2005
    T2 is more exciting, but Titanic is certainly worth a look. It certainly deserved Oscars, but maybe not eleven of them. It actually isn't boring...James Cameron proves himself versatile, as the movie flows along well...w/o fight sequences and battles in his action work. THe romance is actually well written...not too deep, but not phony or shallow, and for real, as it stands the test T2 is more exciting, but Titanic is certainly worth a look. It certainly deserved Oscars, but maybe not eleven of them. It actually isn't boring...James Cameron proves himself versatile, as the movie flows along well...w/o fight sequences and battles in his action work. THe romance is actually well written...not too deep, but not phony or shallow, and for real, as it stands the test of disaster. In fact, this movie's charaters HATE phoniness, in a way both girls and guys can relate too and embrace. James Horner's score was great, too. Expand
  5. AmandaH
    Jan 7, 2005
    I still get teary at some points in the film. It moves me on every level, and I feel that Cameron captured the heartbreak, sadness and fear that these people were feeling. He not only has a made up love story, but wrapped it around with true accounts and people. Even the extras went above and beyond.
  6. KeithH
    Oct 20, 2006
    The world
  7. AmyM
    Dec 9, 2006
    Titanic is one of those breath taking movies that will be with you for the rest of your life. It is the best movie ever. It makes every girl wish she could be loved like that.
  8. BonnieH.
    Dec 11, 2007
    Best movie ever. No competition will ever be presented to it.
  9. Josh
    Oct 19, 2002
    "The f-word was never said during that decade " Ummmm... You lived during this decade? Just wondering because you'd be pretty old if you did. Please tell us more about this decade? If you are just saying this to put down this film than I suggest you study your history a little. Of course the word was not used then as much as it is now but it was still used.
  10. AaronS.
    Dec 31, 2002
    As contrived as the love story is, the visuals are some of, if not the, most uncompromisingly brilliant ever put on film! Visual perfection... anyone who does not at least honor Cameron's achievement in that regard should just stop watching films altogether, because they're missing the point.
  11. ZackW.
    Mar 24, 2004
    This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Like Robert Says ''There no plot.'' It was based on a true event, Robert, it's not supposed to have a plot. I do recommended for ages 7-100.
  12. RosaA.
    Apr 25, 2004
    Titanic is the best movie I have seen in my entire life!
  13. TonyB.
    Nov 25, 2005
    Every now and then a film lives up to its hype. "Titanic" is such a film; it is quite an achievement.
  14. sugamomma
    Jan 22, 2005
    This movie is the best romance movie ever made. supreme acting by all of the cast members I still cry every time i see it and the score by james horner was just awe!!!!! James cameron really brought the love story between jack and rose to life it gets to the point where the audience actually cares about jack and rose's relationship we want them to get married. and when billy zane This movie is the best romance movie ever made. supreme acting by all of the cast members I still cry every time i see it and the score by james horner was just awe!!!!! James cameron really brought the love story between jack and rose to life it gets to the point where the audience actually cares about jack and rose's relationship we want them to get married. and when billy zane played the jealous fiancee that was priceless his acting was so good you would think that was billy zanes true nature but we have to remember hes not really a bad guy he just plays one. I even lost count of how many times ive seen the movie. you cannot hate this movie if you tried. Expand
  15. NikkiK.
    Feb 28, 2005
    This movie is a great movie, it tells about happened with titanic when it sank (even though there was mistakes it) but the way it was told with the romantic but sad and Adventures style. It had a great plot and the actors and actresses just made it even better. They were great I dont think any one else could have doen a better Job then Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy This movie is a great movie, it tells about happened with titanic when it sank (even though there was mistakes it) but the way it was told with the romantic but sad and Adventures style. It had a great plot and the actors and actresses just made it even better. They were great I dont think any one else could have doen a better Job then Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, and Gloria Stuart. Also how James Cameron leads one thing to another. What Im trying to say is that this movie was Great. Expand
  16. ConorM.
    Apr 27, 2007
    It was the best movie I ever seen. i'm completely obsesed with the RMS Titanic and have everything about the Titanic.I know everything about it and the passengers too
  17. CodyG.
    Oct 25, 2008
    I loved the movie Titanic the only part i disagree with is the scene in which Kate Winslet is nude. One of my favorite scenes is when the ship hits the iceberg another one is where the ship goes under. One thing I think is possible is where First officer Murdoch commended suicide. It was reported by many survivors and i think it really did happen.
  18. JakeL
    Sep 26, 2008
    One of the great epics stirring, epic, breathtaking, even after The Dark Knight this is still the #1 movie of all time.
  19. KatieP.
    Dec 21, 2003
    How can you not love this movie?
  20. JimmyP.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Great, film. Seen it tens of times. I would pay to watch it again. That's how much I like it.
  21. Aug 2, 2012
    The first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme song that felt so emotional.
  22. Oct 4, 2010
    A tragic love story featuring superb acting, plenty of drama, suspense and, of course, the famous musical score. This film thoroughly deserves its 11 Oscars and is a remarkable achievement by James Cameron, who has managed to create one of the saddest and most epic love stories of all time.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    The insanely long run time may shy some people away but this is a good film. I watched it numerous times on VHS when it first came out and I still enjoy it to this day (FYI - I am a guy).
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    It's just perfect. From the top to the end, I loved not only the heart-breaking final but every single moment of Jack and Rose's blossoming yet short-lived love story. My all-time favorite movie.
  25. Aug 13, 2011
    When I first saw Titanic, I was star struck. This movie is incredible. The technology is ace!!!! Leo DiCaprio 's acting is just the best he has ever been. He proves he can take on any major role. All the characters did a fantastic job. You will see that it is a long movie but it's worth it trust me. You and your family will enjoy this but be aware there are some nudity in it with theWhen I first saw Titanic, I was star struck. This movie is incredible. The technology is ace!!!! Leo DiCaprio 's acting is just the best he has ever been. He proves he can take on any major role. All the characters did a fantastic job. You will see that it is a long movie but it's worth it trust me. You and your family will enjoy this but be aware there are some nudity in it with the drawing scene, the car scene, and the beginning when they show the photo of her wearing the diamond. Some violence when Rose and Hockley have a fight, and when she spits. but other than that it is a fantastic movie. Sit down and enjoy the titanic ride. Expand
  26. CCN
    Aug 1, 2011
    Heart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular, and the cast members are all on key, with two outstanding performances from Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The lighting and music oftenHeart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular, and the cast members are all on key, with two outstanding performances from Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The lighting and music often contribute to the film's ability to absorb you into it's world, and it often feels as if you're on the wide specious decks of the luxury liner itself. Titanic has been a huge commercial and critical success, and is one of the most expensive and successful films of all time; watching it you can easily see why. In April 2012 Director/Writer James Cameron will release his masterpiece once again for a new generation of cinema-lovers to enjoy on the big screen, and this time it'll be sailing into cinemas in 3D. It is set to be released days before the 100th anniversary of the sinking. Expand
  27. Aug 18, 2011
    Titanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that era there were also some dreams that didn ´t failed but set some people free. Rose had a dream of that kind -she was a prisoner of herTitanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that era there were also some dreams that didn ´t failed but set some people free. Rose had a dream of that kind -she was a prisoner of her narsissistic mother and distinguished family background. Jack was a poor boy enjoying his underclass kind of freedom with no obsessions to power or wealth. A romance between them was truly about surviving as love always is. Well, Jack didn t survive but he saved Rose. And that ´s a true love story, about true love :) Expand
  28. Jan 21, 2014
    The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown,The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown, known as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' who happened to not be acknowledged until after her death, are two examples.

The relationship between Jack and Rose is more an emphasis on society's expectations in 1912. Although the romance only lasted a few days, it happened at the point of one of history's greatest disasters and only the beginning of women's suffrage. The first class and third class passengers are so much in contrast despite Jack spending so much close proximity to them alongside his witty repartee, not to mention that at both ends of the spectrum it is clear that neither class are shown to be anything but themselves.

Some truly devastating dialogue, often as a pointer or a sad truth to reflect society's values, but also perhaps the odd humour that does something similar: "Music to drown to, now I know I'm in first class". There are many scenes of true beauty, such as the sunset over the sea with a poignant remark of the last light the ship ever saw. The soundtrack itself evoked beauty, particularly the rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' carrying on a beautiful moment at a truly wondrous event in the film.
  29. Apr 6, 2012
    this movie is the my number 1 most favorite movie of all time. This film is flawlessly crafted and built and made. this movie sucks you in to a hole of romance, adventure, and enjoyment all at the same time which you won't forget.
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    Titanic...WOW!! I think this movie should be ranked in the top 5 movies of all time. Maybe top 3. James Cameron takes a historic event and makes it a blockbuster film. This grand film really keeps you hooked. Yeah, some visuals might lack, but I enjoyed the movie anyhow.
  31. Dec 22, 2011
    Far too long, Really drags on the film as long as it can until it can go no more. I enjoyed the film ,dont get me wrong, but the runtime killed me in the end. Acting was ok but no where near as impressive as the film's special effects.
  32. Aug 24, 2014
    Not my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of the most famous ships of all time.

Titanic sank on her maiden voyage. A lot of people died - unnecessarily, perhaps. That's what most people know about the real events. I myself find that sometimes I just want to keep reading stories told by the survivors, to get the feel of things.

This movie has won a heap of awards since it was released, and not for nothing: the movie looks really good. The design of the boat was very beautiful and authentic looking, as were the clothes and other details seen in the film. It gives you a good, solid whiff of what it was like back in the day.

The story itself is structured quite nicely between past and present, although the present isn't quite as well detailed as the past. Rose, who survived the shipwreck, recounts her story to a group of avid listeners. For some reason they are mesmerized by the story of suffocating future and an alternative opportunity of adventure, although their interest simply lies on finding a valuable diamond and its fate.

Amazingly enough, the whole three hours that this movie lasts, and only the last hour or so focusing on the actual events of the sinking, the movie doesn't get boring. Although there isn't much going on in the beginning, there was just enough vibe going on to keep one looking and waiting for the inevitable. After all, we all know how the story ends before it even begins.
  33. Oct 3, 2012
    To admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthyTo admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthy 3 hour saga, now I could feel calmer in facing the numerous household names still stuck in my to-be-watched list and meanwhile other potential newcomers have never stopped emerging.

To be honest with oneself, no one could deny TITANIC is a monumental masterpiece, the visual stunts are so compelling and marvel me in its verisimilitude of reconstructing such a monolith setting (what
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    Casual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but also the conviction of his vision.
  35. Apr 14, 2012
    An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential.An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential. A good film with great visuals, but does not rank among the great films of our time. Expand
  36. May 28, 2015
    Titanic is a film that stretches the boundaries of movie making. James Cameron has created a monumental epic masterpiece on the grandest level. The story, acting, score, visuals and everything in between is done to perfection. A movie to experience, a movie for the ages.
  37. Mar 31, 2012
    I think it goes without saying that this movie's accomplishment to compel you is amazing. Epic on every level and is a force to be reckoned with. A towering achievement that will forever be remembered in cinema.
  38. Apr 13, 2012
    I love the movie titanic, I believe that this film is sad and depressing, but a legend love story, although i love this film, what was the point of releasing it again in 3D?
  39. Apr 16, 2012
    Cannot really understand how can anyone give this movie a negative review. Loved it, was extremely touched by the movie and I believe it may be the most touching and romantic movie ever made. 10/10
  40. Nov 4, 2013
    "Titanic", another one of James Cameron's masterpieces, is a powerful and strongly acted romantic film. The use of CGI is great and the script is well-written. It did take some time to get going though.
  41. Jun 1, 2012
    Every time I see this movie I can't take my eyes away from the screen. The movie feels like reality before your eyes as if you've never seen it before.
  42. Dec 13, 2014
    As a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as theAs a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as the pinnacle of disaster films and this one certainly echoes those and improves on them thanks to advancements in technology. In addition, the film certainly has its beautiful moments. While the romance may be poured on a little thick at times, it certainly really shines at times and makes you feel chills all over. Leonardo DiCaprio is also good as Jack Dawson, though he does falter at times, in large part due to poor writing. I did not like the writing for much of this one and the lines were laughable at times. In addition, Kate Winslet's performance left much to be desired. She had her moments where she was great, but when paired with a much stronger actor in DiCaprio, he left her in the dust far too often. The supporting cast was strong for the most part, however, which was good. As a whole, Titanic succeeds most in capturing the atmosphere and events surrounding the Titanic. Both the sinking and aftermath of it are brilliantly moving and engrossing, which stand as the best part of the film to me. It certainly has its negatives, but Titanic gets more negative reviews than it deserves due to the at times sappy and unbelievable romance element, which is too bad. Expand
  43. Jul 18, 2012
    Titanic is romantic, beautiful, and sad. This is my favorite movie of all time, and totally deserved the best picture award it won. This and Inception is the reason Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors. And This is why Kate Winslet's one of my favorite actresses
  44. Aug 25, 2012
    Long sometimes and the character of Hockley is just a stereotypical bad guy, but that were already all the bad things about this movie. A masterpiece, that mixes a wonderful love story with fantastic special effects! Deserved all of the won Oscars!
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    How can anyone give a negative review about this movie! it's TITANIC the classic one of the best movies ever made! what's not to like the acting is really strong the story is great the characters are catching ...
    what's wrong with people!!
  46. Oct 15, 2012
    Titanic offers one of the very best Blu-Ray releases available today. I have no qualms giving this set highest marks James Cameron is a genius While Titanic can't touch Cameron's true classics, The Terminator and Aliens.
  47. Jan 6, 2014
    O clássico de James Cameron
  48. Oct 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O primeiro filme que chamei de “favorito”. Incrível como “Titanic” nunca fica velho pra mim. Nunca.

Já devo ter assistido ao filme umas cem vezes ou mais. Aluguei muito até finalmente adquiri-lo em DVD e recentemente, em blu-ray. Assisti também no cinema, em 3D: uma experiência maravilhosa. E todas as vezes, sem exceção, a “morte do Titanic” conseguiu me chocar.

A cena que o navio se parte ao meio é uma das melhores. Mas também, uma das mais aterrorizantes. Ver aquele peso todo cair por cima daquelas pessoas dá uma agonia horrível! Depois, quando Titanic está submerso, e a câmera se afasta mostrando todo mundo gritando e buscando sobreviver. E pensar que tudo isso realmente aconteceu...

E a história de fundo, fictícia, também é muito bonita. Posso dizer que Jack e Rose formam um dos meus casais favoritos do cinema. Gosto do desenvolvimento dos personagens, a forma como se apaixonam pelo outro. Sempre muito triste quando Rose constata que Jack já não está mais vivo... BTW, ambos Kate Winslet e Leo DiCaprio deram um show de interpretação. Convincentes, eficientes, deram um toque sensível a Jack e Rose. E têm uma química inegável.

Destaques de atuação também para Billy Zane, Frances Fisher, Gloria Stuart, entre outros.

Direção do James Cameron muito boa. Por exemplo, as ótimas sequências em que temos um vislumbre perfeito do navio, voando sobre ele, quando o mesmo já está afundando.

Trilha sonora é um show à parte. Janes Horner fez um trabalho impecável. A edição de som também merece elogios.

Pra mim, um marco para o cinema. Um dos melhores filmes da minha vida.

“Mil e quinhentas pessoas caíram no mar. Havia 20 botes nas proximidades, e somente um voltou. Apenas um. Seis pessoas foram retiradas da água. Apenas seis, dentre mil e quinhentas. Depois, para as 700 pessoas nos botes só restavam esperar. Esperar para morrer, para a sobrevivência, ou para uma absolvição, que jamais viria.”
  49. Dec 5, 2012
    I Love This Movie. Romantic and wonderful, and I think this is one of the best of the history. Ok I remeber that I've seen betters movies than it but this movie smash !
  50. Jan 30, 2013
    This is one of those movies you either love or hate, well, most of the time. I don't love it, but I will say I liked it. As a typical love story it works, and the effects (at the time) were phenomenal. Leo became the pretty boy every straight guy hates with a passion (because he makes the rest of us look bad.) Plus a song that will stick in your head until the end of time (I bet you'reThis is one of those movies you either love or hate, well, most of the time. I don't love it, but I will say I liked it. As a typical love story it works, and the effects (at the time) were phenomenal. Leo became the pretty boy every straight guy hates with a passion (because he makes the rest of us look bad.) Plus a song that will stick in your head until the end of time (I bet you're thinking of it right now.) Seriously, I thought this movie achieved what it was intended to be: A tragic love story on the Titanic. It was funny when it was suppose to be funny, sappy when it was meant to be sappy. Sad when .... well you get the idea.Overall: A movie that well deserved the acclaim it got and will always be a classic, While I do have few minor issues with the movie, i generally enjoyed it. Expand
  51. Jan 8, 2013
    The 1912 boat conspiracy turns into a excellent movie called, well you guessed it "Titanic"! Titanic is a tragic tale about a rich lady and a young man who fall in love. Even though i was expecting it to be a disaster film like James Cameron usually dos this movie catches your heart like a beautiful song when the lady went on the tip of the Titanic. The only problem that made me -2 pointsThe 1912 boat conspiracy turns into a excellent movie called, well you guessed it "Titanic"! Titanic is a tragic tale about a rich lady and a young man who fall in love. Even though i was expecting it to be a disaster film like James Cameron usually dos this movie catches your heart like a beautiful song when the lady went on the tip of the Titanic. The only problem that made me -2 points was the fact that James Cameron lost most of the important bits like when the Titanic's splits into half. Expand
  52. May 5, 2013
    Every year I have to watch Titanic, because it is just one of my favorite movies of all time, it just gets better, so realistic and the acting is heartbreaking and touching, amazing, and a really good romance that doesn't bore you to death, I really like it and I wonder how could a Directer do such a movie with not that technology at that time, and when it was re-released, I was the firstEvery year I have to watch Titanic, because it is just one of my favorite movies of all time, it just gets better, so realistic and the acting is heartbreaking and touching, amazing, and a really good romance that doesn't bore you to death, I really like it and I wonder how could a Directer do such a movie with not that technology at that time, and when it was re-released, I was the first to watch it and it was epic, epic if 3D,2D,1D, 0D, it is the TITANIC. Expand
  53. May 13, 2013
    Ok, so the sequences where the ship was sinking could be very impressive, but the story is such pure 100% chick-flick sap, and the dialogue so corny, that no amount of grandeur, amazing visual effects, or Cameron's A game direction can save it. Why such a cheezy screenplay James? It's watchable and better than most chick flicks, but that really isn't saying much. I'm flying? I'm flying?Ok, so the sequences where the ship was sinking could be very impressive, but the story is such pure 100% chick-flick sap, and the dialogue so corny, that no amount of grandeur, amazing visual effects, or Cameron's A game direction can save it. Why such a cheezy screenplay James? It's watchable and better than most chick flicks, but that really isn't saying much. I'm flying? I'm flying? What the crap were you thinking when you wrote that part? Let's put this girl on some acid? Expand
  54. Aug 31, 2013
    [6.9] It's a mostly good movie, but the romantic and suspenseful elements don't really work well together. It's also hard to create suspense when your audience knows what inevitably is going to happen. The movie would also be much better if it didn't include scenes from the present. It's quite an experience, it just isn't the most convincing one.
  55. Feb 9, 2013
    The visuals are absolutely stunning, it could pass as raw footage of the cruiser sinking itself. But before all of the thrills and excitement, you're forced to deal with the lousy chemistry between the romantic protagonists.
  56. Mar 15, 2013
    What an amazingly crafted and directed movie. The ship sinking in the last hour of it was very intense and very real. You can tell that Cameron really did his research and was very committed to making a masterpiece of a movie. The cast was also perfect. There wasn't anyone who didn't do an insanely good and believable performance.
  57. Mar 12, 2013
    The movie is made so well that you actually experience the Titanic tragedy. Everything about this movie is perfect, it''s just impossible to give this masterpiece something anything but 10.
  58. Mar 22, 2013
    Oh, James you made this then made the terrible Avatar, why. Titanic was great story, great acting, great music. I like the idea of a first class girl falling for a no class guy or low class guy. Its like the dream that fan girls have with getting Chris Brown, Nick Jonas, Trey Songz. and guys have with getting Vanessa Hudgens (ME), Beyonce, or Alicia Keys. The only real problem I andOh, James you made this then made the terrible Avatar, why. Titanic was great story, great acting, great music. I like the idea of a first class girl falling for a no class guy or low class guy. Its like the dream that fan girls have with getting Chris Brown, Nick Jonas, Trey Songz. and guys have with getting Vanessa Hudgens (ME), Beyonce, or Alicia Keys. The only real problem I and probably everyone else has for this movie is the length dammit James. I'm not gonna sit in the theater for 4hours. After I saw Avatar I was not gonna sit in the theater for it or Titanic again. Unesecarrly long films. Other then that its a good film. Yes with this really good review I give it a 7. Don't know why. Expand
  59. May 6, 2013
    With the main plot predictable, bland full of laburios, the only thing really worth this film and Part 2, reporting accuracy and compliance with the anguish of all passengers on board, made ​​superbly by J.Cameron.
  60. May 13, 2013
    My personally favorite movie, James Cameron proves he doesn't just create badass films with Robots. He went for a more romantic take this time and he succeeded. Titanic is probably one of the only movies who will make the people weep and give us characters we will actually care about. Although lengthy, the character development was wonderfully paced so it really feels alot shorter, wellMy personally favorite movie, James Cameron proves he doesn't just create badass films with Robots. He went for a more romantic take this time and he succeeded. Titanic is probably one of the only movies who will make the people weep and give us characters we will actually care about. Although lengthy, the character development was wonderfully paced so it really feels alot shorter, well for me at least. It is a must see for everyone, even though romantic dramas aren't for everyone. Expand
  61. May 30, 2013
    This movie is one of those movies that when you look at it do not you forget it and will always remember him as one of the best movie you've ever seen the film as everyone knows speaks of the sinking of the Titanic, but James Cameron tries to make the lighter moment by telling the love story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio), an artist who lodges in the third class, and Rose (Kate Winslet),This movie is one of those movies that when you look at it do not you forget it and will always remember him as one of the best movie you've ever seen the film as everyone knows speaks of the sinking of the Titanic, but James Cameron tries to make the lighter moment by telling the love story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio), an artist who lodges in the third class, and Rose (Kate Winslet), a seventeen year old girl from middle class family with a mother who has already planned a life and his wealthy fiancé Caledon "Cal" Hackley (Billy Zane). This film I've seen it many times and every time I feel an incredible feeling, it is precisely for this reason that Titanic is a masterpiece, because as many films do not ever get tired of seeing him always and every time you feel the same emotion as if it were the first time personally I can not even find a flaw in the film, I think the points that make a moving film Titanic and that leaves its mark are: the soundtrack by James Horner, the song My Heart Will Go On Celine Dion, dazzling special effects photography Russell Carpenter and the incredible interpretation of Kate Winslet. Unfortunately, the Cinema today has had many changes compared to what it once was, most of the movies they make today are trash films, Cinema today's needs instead of movies like Titanic, one of a kind and that will leave a mark in the heart and mind. Winner of 11 Academy Awards in 1998 (all deserved): Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Special Effects, Best Original Score, Best Song, Best Editing, Best Sound, Best Sound Editing and Best Costume Design, I conclude saying that Titanic is a masterpiece and is one of the best films ever made. Expand
  62. Feb 2, 2014
    The romance element in Titanic is undoubtely cheesy and sappy but the disaster scene provides a lot of impressive CGI and some emotional punch to counter its other minor flaws.
  63. Jan 4, 2015
    hello highest grossing generic movie of all time. seriously this movie is my opinion is so painfully overrated that i could watch flowers grow and would not be as bored as this. Its too bad because the movie had this great disaster where hundreds of people die and what do they ficus on? The god damn romance. Guys you are not making an anime (which would be kinda awesome). so yeah it is anhello highest grossing generic movie of all time. seriously this movie is my opinion is so painfully overrated that i could watch flowers grow and would not be as bored as this. Its too bad because the movie had this great disaster where hundreds of people die and what do they ficus on? The god damn romance. Guys you are not making an anime (which would be kinda awesome). so yeah it is an overrated movie and in no **** way does it deserve to be the highest grossing film of all time Expand
  64. Jun 25, 2015
    Cameron's disaster-to-come love story is as original as they come but overall is overrated and over hyped. It is visually impressive (Again, James Cameron) but when it comes to love stories, it tends to weigh on after the first hour. Titanic has three hours attached to it. Are they worthwhile? That's up to you as a viewer because everyone's viewpoint is different. For me, this film restsCameron's disaster-to-come love story is as original as they come but overall is overrated and over hyped. It is visually impressive (Again, James Cameron) but when it comes to love stories, it tends to weigh on after the first hour. Titanic has three hours attached to it. Are they worthwhile? That's up to you as a viewer because everyone's viewpoint is different. For me, this film rests as an above average love story with spectacular visuals. Expand
  65. Mar 1, 2014
    Titanic is a great work accident of history's most famous ship, but this focuses more on love. It is great with good music, fun and even almost made me mourn, but the acting, this item failed. Titanic is a classic for a long time, your message or your greatest theme: love.
  66. Apr 15, 2014
    Titanic is a movie that made me extremely respect the director James Cameron. Titanic is a outstanding dramatic film and it made me understand how true love can th overcome fear of death.
  67. Sep 12, 2015
    Classic picture about a tragedy that occurred a century ago, this James Cameron-directed drama is a well put together piece of work that boasts one of the finest Leonardo DiCaprio's performances to this date, and blends a script that is true to its based-in-real-life facts with breathtaking visuals and a romance subplot so deeply heartfelt it almost makes viewers cry. Really fantasticClassic picture about a tragedy that occurred a century ago, this James Cameron-directed drama is a well put together piece of work that boasts one of the finest Leonardo DiCaprio's performances to this date, and blends a script that is true to its based-in-real-life facts with breathtaking visuals and a romance subplot so deeply heartfelt it almost makes viewers cry. Really fantastic 3-hours film that's well paced and directed.

Final Score: 9/10

In memory of all the people that went to a more peaceful place. Rest in peace.
  68. Jul 20, 2014
    Titanic by James Cameron in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen from him other than Avatar. The stunning effects and acting by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio made the movie even more enjoyable to watch. The beautiful scenes on the so called "unsinkable" ship were mesmerizing by the growing relationship of DiCaprio and Winslet. You cant forget that the music from John HarperTitanic by James Cameron in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen from him other than Avatar. The stunning effects and acting by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio made the movie even more enjoyable to watch. The beautiful scenes on the so called "unsinkable" ship were mesmerizing by the growing relationship of DiCaprio and Winslet. You cant forget that the music from John Harper brought the feelings DiCaprio and Winslet had to life. Expand
  69. Oct 18, 2014
    A fictional romantic tale of a rich girl (Winslet) and a poor bohemian boy (DiCaprio) who meet on the ill-fated voyage of the 'unsinkable' ship, the RMS Titanic.
  70. Dec 9, 2014
    Titanic gives audiences around the nation a hope that love can be found anywhere, even on a sinking ship. In the film Titanic we follow the love story between two characters who go by the name of Rose and Jack. The discover love in a place that many people would not think you could. Their love is tested when the Titanic hits an ice berg. The director of Titanic is James Cameron andTitanic gives audiences around the nation a hope that love can be found anywhere, even on a sinking ship. In the film Titanic we follow the love story between two characters who go by the name of Rose and Jack. The discover love in a place that many people would not think you could. Their love is tested when the Titanic hits an ice berg. The director of Titanic is James Cameron and based on his past film you can guess that Titanic will be a film to remember. Cameron's dedication to the film shows through the finished product of the film. He studied the Titanic for many months before he started writing this film because he wanted the audience to feel as though they were sailing on the ship with Rose and Jack. He achieves this goal making audiences feel fully emerged in the whole story. Titanic is rate PG-13 and I strongly advise children under the age 13 to go to the movie with a parent because there are some nude scenes and fowl language. This film can be seen by both male and female because it has an adventurous side and a romantic side. I would strongly advise seeing this movie because it leaves you with a feeling of hope and completion. I enjoyed the movie and would defiantly go and see it again. James Cameron has once again made a classic movie that will go down in history. Expand
  71. Mar 7, 2015
    Titanic is an unmatchable movie experience. It may have a mishmash romance,but after all cameron intended to make a movie on titanic and he wanted the viewers to 'go into' it, so he chose this love story. In tyat case titanic is bst movie ever
  72. May 30, 2015
    A truly phenomenal film with possibly some of the best visual effects I've ever seen in a movie. Titanic may not be the most historically accurate movie but it is very entertaining and touching, switching from upbeat to sad. If a movie can make you feel all sorts of emotions, you know it's good. Great acting as well as an intense atmosphere prove Titanic deserves its 11 Academy Awards.
  73. Mar 13, 2015
    The first half of the movie did not win me over with the romance and the fact that nothing cool is happening. When the iceberg comes into play, is when the real movie begins. The way the movies is done during that part is intense but beautiful. Even though there is lots of destruction taking place, it still has that almost angelic feeling. Also because the movie is so long, it allows theThe first half of the movie did not win me over with the romance and the fact that nothing cool is happening. When the iceberg comes into play, is when the real movie begins. The way the movies is done during that part is intense but beautiful. Even though there is lots of destruction taking place, it still has that almost angelic feeling. Also because the movie is so long, it allows the audience to become attached to the love story surrounding Jack and Rose. Expand
  74. Apr 5, 2015
    Maybe the most overrated movie ever. Special effects meet a dopey screenplay and bad acting. The plot: Kate Winslet's boyfriend gets her the biggest diamond in the world, and takes her to NYC in the biggest stateroom in the biggest ocean liner in the world. She pays him back by banging a guy from steerage in front of all his friends. What a trollop. The only disappointment is thatMaybe the most overrated movie ever. Special effects meet a dopey screenplay and bad acting. The plot: Kate Winslet's boyfriend gets her the biggest diamond in the world, and takes her to NYC in the biggest stateroom in the biggest ocean liner in the world. She pays him back by banging a guy from steerage in front of all his friends. What a trollop. The only disappointment is that this cheap whore didn't go down with the boat. Love story? Only if you think a cheating tramp is a heroine. Expand
  75. Aug 19, 2015
    C'mon let's be honest, some years has passed ever since this came out, we can all agree on one thing: this movie is bad, like really bad, and boring, and meaningless, and makes no sense, but now it's on our pop culture, so whatever
  76. Jun 5, 2015
    titanic 1997 is an amazing romantic tragedy movie by james cameron
    where Jack and rose play a trejic role by ending jack's life.
    Awesome design and you really presnted it
    with important information. thanks admin.
  77. Jul 31, 2015
    I am not a real fan of romantic movies in general but I did enjoy Titanic. It was visually very pleasing, the performances were quite good and the script was imaginative. Billy Zane was surprisingly good at playing the snobbish rich bastard, and Dicaprio had started to look like a man by the time it was made. Until then I had always thought he looked like a pretty girl.
  78. Sep 26, 2015
    Love It or hate it. This movie Is a staple In movie history, It's visuals and story arc are ground breaking for 1997. Probably the only massive blockbuster where I LOVE the ending ! and Is historically accurate which Is rare for a holllywood movie! James cameron Is one of the best !
  79. Nov 29, 2015
    Beautiful poor girl betrothed to a cruel rich man, heard that before. Falls in love with poor but exciting boy her age, hear that before. They all sail to America on the big, new Titanic, how lucky can you get. It's the love blossoming and the disaster that make the movie. And we discover all of this because of a salvaging crew looking for a mega valuable jewel that was in theBeautiful poor girl betrothed to a cruel rich man, heard that before. Falls in love with poor but exciting boy her age, hear that before. They all sail to America on the big, new Titanic, how lucky can you get. It's the love blossoming and the disaster that make the movie. And we discover all of this because of a salvaging crew looking for a mega valuable jewel that was in the Titanic's safe. It's fiction of course, so it's really great. The rich guy makes for a great villain so we are rooting for the 2 kids to find true love. I have this DVD in my collection. Expand
  80. Jan 24, 2016
    Titanic is a romantic disaster film that suits everyone's needs. Titanic has amazing action and special effects. I recommend watching this movie for many reasons. 10/10
  81. Dec 29, 2015
    It's not that great of a movie, but Titanic caught in the eye-popping excitement during the last bit of minutes of the movie. Sometimes, it may or may not be worth seeing the entire movie.
  82. Jan 10, 2016
    Only romantic movie I have ever seen. Too long and takes ages to one boat to sink. But atleats it has been made good and realistic. Some scenes are wierd.
  83. Jun 22, 2016
    Certainly one of the best films ever made. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio are brilliant. The love story is so strong, you truly believe it. The ship as beautifully made and looks so lifelike. It is perfectly timed at 3 hours and 14 minutes, but seems it can go on longer even if it wanted to and still keep me hooked. The special effects during the sinking are spectacular also. WillCertainly one of the best films ever made. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio are brilliant. The love story is so strong, you truly believe it. The ship as beautifully made and looks so lifelike. It is perfectly timed at 3 hours and 14 minutes, but seems it can go on longer even if it wanted to and still keep me hooked. The special effects during the sinking are spectacular also. Will watch this film again! Expand
  84. Mar 2, 2016
    Honestly, I think this is James Cameron's masterpiece!!! It's unforgettable, it's interesting, it does not have a dull moment!! The love story is brilliant, and the 2nd half of the movie has all the tension and intensity I love!!!
  85. Mar 11, 2016
    James Cameron's Titanic is, of course a masterpiece, unofrgettable film, and 2 000 000 000-dollars-winner approximately. Sadly, we gotta remember that the main idea of the film is so natural and very simple of imagine. Titanic is a film which plot isn't predictable, but very easy to make or think. Almost anybody could have a brilliant idea like that. The director, actors, visual-effects,James Cameron's Titanic is, of course a masterpiece, unofrgettable film, and 2 000 000 000-dollars-winner approximately. Sadly, we gotta remember that the main idea of the film is so natural and very simple of imagine. Titanic is a film which plot isn't predictable, but very easy to make or think. Almost anybody could have a brilliant idea like that. The director, actors, visual-effects, sound, edition, photography and all the award-winning stuff in Titanic makes the film one of the most important in all cinema history. This film won all those dollars because of the story, the love, the actors, the nominations, the audience opinion, the Vistula-effects, the Oscar-winning song, and of course, Rose Dawson nudity. Expand
  86. Sep 21, 2016
    Titanic is an astounding film that is perfectly written, casted, and directed. It pulls at your heart strings continuously throughout and leaves a mark making you never forget it. It is a must see for all, not just because of its historical context, but because it is masterful film making at its finest.
  87. Jul 21, 2016
    I once watched a trailer for titanic it was the most autistic gay piece of crap movie trailer there for the movie sucks i repeat the movie sucks. Also all of You haters who say i can not write a review on a movie i have not seen screw you to hell because titanic is crap. 0/10
  88. Sep 8, 2016
    The love story develops in the best transatlantic trip in history, where two souls find each other on board. Social differences and an unhappy engagement are problems for the main characters, Jack and Rose. The biggest test comes at night, when the Titanic boat hits a big iceberg and they fight for their lives.
    In my opinion, Titanic gripped people with its fantastic plot and deep
    In my opinion, Titanic gripped people with its fantastic plot and deep soundtrack, which features Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go on," which makes me feel very sad. I think the scene that make the movie great was the moment when Rose was standing at the bow of the ship with her arms like a bird and Jack hugs and kisses her. I liked this because it was a beautiful and romantic love scene.
    On the other hand, for me, the negative aspect of "Titanic" revolves around humanity. People in different classes have different rights and are treated unfairly when it's time to evacuate. Selfishness and greed appears in the escape scenes. Some are only concerned with their personal ambitions, like Rose's mother. She is fighting for power and greed.

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.