8.0

1. Dec 13, 2014
    As a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as theAs a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as the pinnacle of disaster films and this one certainly echoes those and improves on them thanks to advancements in technology. In addition, the film certainly has its beautiful moments. While the romance may be poured on a little thick at times, it certainly really shines at times and makes you feel chills all over. Leonardo DiCaprio is also good as Jack Dawson, though he does falter at times, in large part due to poor writing. I did not like the writing for much of this one and the lines were laughable at times. In addition, Kate Winslet's performance left much to be desired. She had her moments where she was great, but when paired with a much stronger actor in DiCaprio, he left her in the dust far too often. The supporting cast was strong for the most part, however, which was good. As a whole, Titanic succeeds most in capturing the atmosphere and events surrounding the Titanic. Both the sinking and aftermath of it are brilliantly moving and engrossing, which stand as the best part of the film to me. It certainly has its negatives, but Titanic gets more negative reviews than it deserves due to the at times sappy and unbelievable romance element, which is too bad. Expand
  2. Dec 9, 2014
    Titanic gives audiences around the nation a hope that love can be found anywhere, even on a sinking ship. In the film Titanic we follow the love story between two characters who go by the name of Rose and Jack. The discover love in a place that many people would not think you could. Their love is tested when the Titanic hits an ice berg. The director of Titanic is James Cameron andTitanic gives audiences around the nation a hope that love can be found anywhere, even on a sinking ship. In the film Titanic we follow the love story between two characters who go by the name of Rose and Jack. The discover love in a place that many people would not think you could. Their love is tested when the Titanic hits an ice berg. The director of Titanic is James Cameron and based on his past film you can guess that Titanic will be a film to remember. Cameron's dedication to the film shows through the finished product of the film. He studied the Titanic for many months before he started writing this film because he wanted the audience to feel as though they were sailing on the ship with Rose and Jack. He achieves this goal making audiences feel fully emerged in the whole story. Titanic is rate PG-13 and I strongly advise children under the age 13 to go to the movie with a parent because there are some nude scenes and fowl language. This film can be seen by both male and female because it has an adventurous side and a romantic side. I would strongly advise seeing this movie because it leaves you with a feeling of hope and completion. I enjoyed the movie and would defiantly go and see it again. James Cameron has once again made a classic movie that will go down in history. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2014
    The romance element in Titanic is undoubtely cheesy and sappy but the disaster scene provides a lot of impressive CGI and some emotional punch to counter its other minor flaws.
  4. Nov 5, 2014
    This movie is simply beautiful. It was well written and had great actors in it and most of all it captures the audience watching it. It is long, however it's definitely worth every minute of it. I'm likely a little biased since my birthday is April 14, the same day that it crashed, but trying to be as little biased as possible I would have to recommend this movie to anybody looking for aThis movie is simply beautiful. It was well written and had great actors in it and most of all it captures the audience watching it. It is long, however it's definitely worth every minute of it. I'm likely a little biased since my birthday is April 14, the same day that it crashed, but trying to be as little biased as possible I would have to recommend this movie to anybody looking for a good movie to watch. It's definitely a classic and will go down in history as a great movie. Expand
  5. Oct 18, 2014
    A fictional romantic tale of a rich girl (Winslet) and a poor bohemian boy (DiCaprio) who meet on the ill-fated voyage of the 'unsinkable' ship, the RMS Titanic.
  6. Sep 8, 2014
    One of the greats of our time--in terms of dramatic tragedy, disaster and direction. James Cameron largely took the romantic path of this unparalleled tragedy. The romanticism can be easily criticized; however, it makes this film and story much more cohesive.
  7. Aug 24, 2014
    Not my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of the most famous ships of all time.

Titanic sank on her maiden voyage. A lot of people died - unnecessarily, perhaps. That's what most people know about the real events. I myself find that sometimes I just want to keep reading stories told by the survivors, to get the feel of things.

This movie has won a heap of awards since it was released, and not for nothing: the movie looks really good. The design of the boat was very beautiful and authentic looking, as were the clothes and other details seen in the film. It gives you a good, solid whiff of what it was like back in the day.

The story itself is structured quite nicely between past and present, although the present isn't quite as well detailed as the past. Rose, who survived the shipwreck, recounts her story to a group of avid listeners. For some reason they are mesmerized by the story of suffocating future and an alternative opportunity of adventure, although their interest simply lies on finding a valuable diamond and its fate.

Amazingly enough, the whole three hours that this movie lasts, and only the last hour or so focusing on the actual events of the sinking, the movie doesn't get boring. Although there isn't much going on in the beginning, there was just enough vibe going on to keep one looking and waiting for the inevitable. After all, we all know how the story ends before it even begins.
  8. Aug 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a half decent film that definitely entertains with the first few watches, though it is a bit long. the thing for me was the fact neither Rose nor Jack seemed intent on beeping that horn in the car, that could have been done more, because it was a moment I felt slightly humored. Also, I'm sure there was enough space on that rafter for Jack to get on too, so it was his fault. But no, seriously, this is a film that I've regularly seen bring a tear to people's eyes. Expand
  9. Jul 28, 2014
    Already a classic, Titanic achieved things that seemed impossible back in 1997 in terms of visual effects and technology. Even if the love story between Rose and Jack is not as intriguing as the historical premise, even if the script looks flat at times and the performances uninspired, it is truly an exceptional work that deserves to be considered a masterpiece. It is much easier toAlready a classic, Titanic achieved things that seemed impossible back in 1997 in terms of visual effects and technology. Even if the love story between Rose and Jack is not as intriguing as the historical premise, even if the script looks flat at times and the performances uninspired, it is truly an exceptional work that deserves to be considered a masterpiece. It is much easier to criticize it 17 years later, but it should not be forgotten how it touched people when it was first released. Expand
  10. Jul 20, 2014
    Titanic by James Cameron in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen from him other than Avatar. The stunning effects and acting by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio made the movie even more enjoyable to watch. The beautiful scenes on the so called "unsinkable" ship were mesmerizing by the growing relationship of DiCaprio and Winslet. You cant forget that the music from John HarperTitanic by James Cameron in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen from him other than Avatar. The stunning effects and acting by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio made the movie even more enjoyable to watch. The beautiful scenes on the so called "unsinkable" ship were mesmerizing by the growing relationship of DiCaprio and Winslet. You cant forget that the music from John Harper brought the feelings DiCaprio and Winslet had to life. Expand
  11. Jul 9, 2014
    Titanic has stunning visual effects and wonderful acting from the versatile cast. Dicaprio, Winslet, Zane and
    Bates give brilliant performances. The movie has action, drama, romance, and suspense. There's nothing
    more that a filmgoer could ask for.
  12. Jun 26, 2014
    Beautiful movie....

This movie is the greatest in Romantic genre.

Perfect movie by James Cameroon.

Perfect acting by Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet
  13. Apr 15, 2014
    Titanic is a movie that made me extremely respect the director James Cameron. Titanic is a outstanding dramatic film and it made me understand how true love can th overcome fear of death.
  14. Mar 29, 2014
    Titanic is easily James Cameron's best movie, and it earns this with flying colors. The movie is beautifully shot, frame-by-frame, paying careful attention to detail; Leo and Kate's performances are some of cinema's most memorable; and the musical score is mesmerizing. With some of the most memorable lines in cinematic history and true beauty, Titanic deserves its Best Picture Oscar entirely.
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    Casual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but also the conviction of his vision.
  16. Mar 11, 2014
    i love james camerons creativity in avatar and titanic . james cameron makes a movie while finding the real titanic it builds up to an adventure . and the fact the boat is sinking thats the best part of all
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    Titanic is a great work accident of history's most famous ship, but this focuses more on love. It is great with good music, fun and even almost made me mourn, but the acting, this item failed. Titanic is a classic for a long time, your message or your greatest theme: love.
  18. Feb 5, 2014
    One of those films that stay embedded on our culture.
    I loved, love and always will love this movie.
    It's amazing from start to finish. A great ride for everyone :)
  19. Feb 2, 2014
  20. Jan 21, 2014
    The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown,The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown, known as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' who happened to not be acknowledged until after her death, are two examples.

The relationship between Jack and Rose is more an emphasis on society's expectations in 1912. Although the romance only lasted a few days, it happened at the point of one of history's greatest disasters and only the beginning of women's suffrage. The first class and third class passengers are so much in contrast despite Jack spending so much close proximity to them alongside his witty repartee, not to mention that at both ends of the spectrum it is clear that neither class are shown to be anything but themselves.

Some truly devastating dialogue, often as a pointer or a sad truth to reflect society's values, but also perhaps the odd humour that does something similar: "Music to drown to, now I know I'm in first class". There are many scenes of true beauty, such as the sunset over the sea with a poignant remark of the last light the ship ever saw. The soundtrack itself evoked beauty, particularly the rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' carrying on a beautiful moment at a truly wondrous event in the film.
  21. Jan 12, 2014
    I Like 1997's Titanic, I Like It Because of James Cameron's Direction And Screenplay And James Horner's Score, It Was Roger Ebert's Ninth Best Film Of 1997, It Stayed At #1 At The Box Office For 15 Weeks And Had A 3D Reissue In 2012.
  22. Jan 6, 2014
    O clássico de James Cameron
  23. Jan 3, 2014
    Excellent film. One of the best movies ever. The plot is interesting, very entertaining, the person who sees clearly enjoys it. Many people who have seen it do not get tired of seeing it again. A good cast. Pretty recommended.
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    Titanic is a beautiful and unforgettable masterpiece and one of my favourite movies of all time. The chemistry between Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet is breath-taking; there's such a connection between them. Chemistry like that is rare and often not very genuine in Hollywood. Rose and Jack have to be the best movie couple. James Cameron really has done an ace job! You don't only watchTitanic is a beautiful and unforgettable masterpiece and one of my favourite movies of all time. The chemistry between Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet is breath-taking; there's such a connection between them. Chemistry like that is rare and often not very genuine in Hollywood. Rose and Jack have to be the best movie couple. James Cameron really has done an ace job! You don't only watch Titanic, you experience it which I think is what makes it more special and moving. There's real emotional behind the sinking and the characters. Titanic is also visually spectacular, Cameron really brings it all to life. The cast were superb! Cameron couldn't have chosen a better cast. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet shine in this film. Also Billy Zane, Francis Fisher, Kathy Bates and Victor Garber are sensational and really talented actors. This movie may be depressing and heartbreakingly sad but its so emotionally captivating and the love story is utterly beautiful. Titanic tugs at your heartstrings and really makes you feel. Its hard to get this film out of your head.

Grade: A*
  25. Nov 17, 2013
    How can anyone give a negative review about this movie! it's TITANIC the classic one of the best movies ever made! what's not to like the acting is really strong the story is great the characters are catching ...
    what's wrong with people!!
  26. Nov 4, 2013
    "Titanic", another one of James Cameron's masterpieces, is a powerful and strongly acted romantic film. The use of CGI is great and the script is well-written. It did take some time to get going though.
  27. Oct 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Titanic is one of those movies that touches you, it is a great romance movie that possibly everyone had a love at first sight, it's has great scenes of action and some 18+ scenes as well. Overall a great movie that is also the 2nd best selling movie and with a witness telling her story Expand
  28. Sep 24, 2013
    might b a little predictable but that's what the target audience wants Anyone who is a hopeless romantic and those who believe in soul mates roughly 80 percent of the country .But nonetheless this is a Great movie ,epic, tragic, romantic.
  29. Sep 24, 2013
    James Cameron did an excellent job at directing the film. DiCaprio and Winslet showed their amusing chemistry extremely well. Cinematography was great. The script was great. And the special effects used in breaking the ship in half was absolutely awesome. It can definitely match "Gone With The Wind" as one of the best romantic films of all time. Really fantastic...
  30. Aug 31, 2013
    [6.9] It's a mostly good movie, but the romantic and suspenseful elements don't really work well together. It's also hard to create suspense when your audience knows what inevitably is going to happen. The movie would also be much better if it didn't include scenes from the present. It's quite an experience, it just isn't the most convincing one.

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.