8.0

1. Nov 5, 2014
    This movie is simply beautiful. It was well written and had great actors in it and most of all it captures the audience watching it. It is long, however it's definitely worth every minute of it. I'm likely a little biased since my birthday is April 14, the same day that it crashed, but trying to be as little biased as possible I would have to recommend this movie to anybody looking for a good movie to watch. It's definitely a classic and will go down in history as a great movie. Expand
  2. Sep 8, 2014
    One of the greats of our time--in terms of dramatic tragedy, disaster and direction. James Cameron largely took the romantic path of this unparalleled tragedy. The romanticism can be easily criticized; however, it makes this film and story much more cohesive.
  3. Jul 20, 2014
    Titanic by James Cameron in my opinion one of the best movies I have seen from him other than Avatar. The stunning effects and acting by Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio made the movie even more enjoyable to watch. The beautiful scenes on the so called "unsinkable" ship were mesmerizing by the growing relationship of DiCaprio and Winslet. You cant forget that the music from John Harper brought the feelings DiCaprio and Winslet had to life. Expand
  4. Jul 9, 2014
    Titanic has stunning visual effects and wonderful acting from the versatile cast. Dicaprio, Winslet, Zane and
    Bates give brilliant performances. The movie has action, drama, romance, and suspense. There's nothing
    more that a filmgoer could ask for.
  5. Jun 26, 2014
    Beautiful movie....

This movie is the greatest in Romantic genre.

Perfect movie by James Cameroon.

Perfect acting by Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet
  6. Apr 15, 2014
    Titanic is a movie that made me extremely respect the director James Cameron. Titanic is a outstanding dramatic film and it made me understand how true love can th overcome fear of death.
  7. Mar 29, 2014
    Titanic is easily James Cameron's best movie, and it earns this with flying colors. The movie is beautifully shot, frame-by-frame, paying careful attention to detail; Leo and Kate's performances are some of cinema's most memorable; and the musical score is mesmerizing. With some of the most memorable lines in cinematic history and true beauty, Titanic deserves its Best Picture Oscar entirely.
  8. Mar 13, 2014
    Casual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but also the conviction of his vision.
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    i love james camerons creativity in avatar and titanic . james cameron makes a movie while finding the real titanic it builds up to an adventure . and the fact the boat is sinking thats the best part of all
  10. Mar 1, 2014
    Titanic is a great work accident of history's most famous ship, but this focuses more on love. It is great with good music, fun and even almost made me mourn, but the acting, this item failed. Titanic is a classic for a long time, your message or your greatest theme: love.
  11. Feb 5, 2014
    One of those films that stay embedded on our culture.
    I loved, love and always will love this movie.
    It's amazing from start to finish. A great ride for everyone :)
  12. Jan 21, 2014
    The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown, known as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' who happened to not be acknowledged until after her death, are two examples.

The relationship between Jack and Rose is more an emphasis on society's expectations in 1912. Although the romance only lasted a few days, it happened at the point of one of history's greatest disasters and only the beginning of women's suffrage. The first class and third class passengers are so much in contrast despite Jack spending so much close proximity to them alongside his witty repartee, not to mention that at both ends of the spectrum it is clear that neither class are shown to be anything but themselves.

Some truly devastating dialogue, often as a pointer or a sad truth to reflect society's values, but also perhaps the odd humour that does something similar: "Music to drown to, now I know I'm in first class". There are many scenes of true beauty, such as the sunset over the sea with a poignant remark of the last light the ship ever saw. The soundtrack itself evoked beauty, particularly the rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' carrying on a beautiful moment at a truly wondrous event in the film.
  13. Jan 6, 2014
    O clássico de James Cameron
  14. Jan 3, 2014
    Excellent film. One of the best movies ever. The plot is interesting, very entertaining, the person who sees clearly enjoys it. Many people who have seen it do not get tired of seeing it again. A good cast. Pretty recommended.
  15. Jan 2, 2014
    Titanic is a beautiful and unforgettable masterpiece and one of my favourite movies of all time. The chemistry between Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet is breath-taking; there's such a connection between them. Chemistry like that is rare and often not very genuine in Hollywood. Rose and Jack have to be the best movie couple. James Cameron really has done an ace job! You don't only watch Titanic, you experience it which I think is what makes it more special and moving. There's real emotional behind the sinking and the characters. Titanic is also visually spectacular, Cameron really brings it all to life. The cast were superb! Cameron couldn't have chosen a better cast. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet shine in this film. Also Billy Zane, Francis Fisher, Kathy Bates and Victor Garber are sensational and really talented actors. This movie may be depressing and heartbreakingly sad but its so emotionally captivating and the love story is utterly beautiful. Titanic tugs at your heartstrings and really makes you feel. Its hard to get this film out of your head.

Grade: A*
  16. Nov 17, 2013
    How can anyone give a negative review about this movie! it's TITANIC the classic one of the best movies ever made! what's not to like the acting is really strong the story is great the characters are catching ...
    what's wrong with people!!
  17. Oct 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Titanic is one of those movies that touches you, it is a great romance movie that possibly everyone had a love at first sight, it's has great scenes of action and some 18+ scenes as well. Overall a great movie that is also the 2nd best selling movie and with a witness telling her story Expand
  18. Sep 24, 2013
    might b a little predictable but that's what the target audience wants Anyone who is a hopeless romantic and those who believe in soul mates roughly 80 percent of the country .But nonetheless this is a Great movie ,epic, tragic, romantic.
  19. Sep 24, 2013
    James Cameron did an excellent job at directing the film. DiCaprio and Winslet showed their amusing chemistry extremely well. Cinematography was great. The script was great. And the special effects used in breaking the ship in half was absolutely awesome. It can definitely match "Gone With The Wind" as one of the best romantic films of all time. Really fantastic...
  20. Aug 24, 2013
    Titanic is an epic movie!!! It's the best film ever made and Leo Dicaprio is always perfect. James Cameron is the best film director ever!!
    After 16 years, Titanic is still a masterpiece and an unforgettable film. I am sure that in the future, people will still admire Titanic. A HUGE well done to the cast and the crew!!!
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    Es una pelicula clasica y muy buena,su guion,historia,trama ETC,estan muy buenos,se merece un 10 de 10 y un 100 de 100,la recomiendo para que la vean.
  22. May 30, 2013
    This movie is one of those movies that when you look at it do not you forget it and will always remember him as one of the best movie you've ever seen the film as everyone knows speaks of the sinking of the Titanic, but James Cameron tries to make the lighter moment by telling the love story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio), an artist who lodges in the third class, and Rose (Kate Winslet), a seventeen year old girl from middle class family with a mother who has already planned a life and his wealthy fiancé Caledon "Cal" Hackley (Billy Zane). This film I've seen it many times and every time I feel an incredible feeling, it is precisely for this reason that Titanic is a masterpiece, because as many films do not ever get tired of seeing him always and every time you feel the same emotion as if it were the first time personally I can not even find a flaw in the film, I think the points that make a moving film Titanic and that leaves its mark are: the soundtrack by James Horner, the song My Heart Will Go On Celine Dion, dazzling special effects photography Russell Carpenter and the incredible interpretation of Kate Winslet. Unfortunately, the Cinema today has had many changes compared to what it once was, most of the movies they make today are trash films, Cinema today's needs instead of movies like Titanic, one of a kind and that will leave a mark in the heart and mind. Winner of 11 Academy Awards in 1998 (all deserved): Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Special Effects, Best Original Score, Best Song, Best Editing, Best Sound, Best Sound Editing and Best Costume Design, I conclude saying that Titanic is a masterpiece and is one of the best films ever made. Expand
  23. May 13, 2013
    My personally favorite movie, James Cameron proves he doesn't just create badass films with Robots. He went for a more romantic take this time and he succeeded. Titanic is probably one of the only movies who will make the people weep and give us characters we will actually care about. Although lengthy, the character development was wonderfully paced so it really feels alot shorter, well for me at least. It is a must see for everyone, even though romantic dramas aren't for everyone. Expand
  24. May 5, 2013
    Every year I have to watch Titanic, because it is just one of my favorite movies of all time, it just gets better, so realistic and the acting is heartbreaking and touching, amazing, and a really good romance that doesn't bore you to death, I really like it and I wonder how could a Directer do such a movie with not that technology at that time, and when it was re-released, I was the first to watch it and it was epic, epic if 3D,2D,1D, 0D, it is the TITANIC. Expand
  25. Apr 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Titanic: an epic masterpiece of cinema to say the least. Not to mention THE MOVIE people love to hate, because for whatever reason pretentious people can't stand the idea that the greatest film can also be the most popular. Titanic is my favorite movie of all time, and in my modest opinion the best movie ever made. The acting regardless of what people say is brilliant. Leo and Kate have excellent chemistry and were both perfect choices for their roles. Billy Zane plays a perfect high class villain. And, who could forget the tender and touching performance of the late Gloria Stuart. The movie is historically accurate to the last detail (up to that point) and if you disagree, you don't know the titanic yourself. James Cameron had the top titanic historians on set at all times, as well as early 20th century etiquette experts training 150 permanent extras on behavior and mannerisms. Not to mention the brilliant set pieces and cinematography! The full sized set of the ship was the icing, and not a dollar of his record breaking budget was misspent. From the eerie opening dive scene, to the sunny days at sea meeting the characters, to the captivating and dramatic sinking scene, and of course the famous ending kiss atop the grand staircase, titanic is an experience. An experience of love, greed, class separation, dreams, loss, and closure: things that the audience can still relate to 100 years after the origina of the film. You aren't human if you didn't shed a tear at this film, because like it or not it's hear wrenching. All in all, this film is beautiful. Despite what you may think, it won 11 Oscars for a reason, and is a must see for film for people of all ages (after all, it's been my favorite film since I was 3). Expand
  26. Apr 2, 2013
    Titanic is considered the best movie of the all time. i see why they have a great titanic, actors, director and a biutiful history of the most biutiful transatlantic ha ever see the world.
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    A heart throbbing movie with enchanting music and amazing effects. The storyline was near perfect and was tear-jerking for many of its viewers. James Cameron rarely disappoints his audience.
  28. Mar 15, 2013
    What an amazingly crafted and directed movie. The ship sinking in the last hour of it was very intense and very real. You can tell that Cameron really did his research and was very committed to making a masterpiece of a movie. The cast was also perfect. There wasn't anyone who didn't do an insanely good and believable performance.
  29. Mar 12, 2013
    The movie is made so well that you actually experience the Titanic tragedy. Everything about this movie is perfect, it''s just impossible to give this masterpiece something anything but 10.
  30. Dec 7, 2012
    Unbelievable movie. I think everybody should go back to when he first watched this movie and no judge after watching it several times . Great love story that cannot be repeated in any other movie!

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.