8.1

1. Apr 14, 2012
    An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential.An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential. A good film with great visuals, but does not rank among the great films of our time. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    I think it goes without saying that this movie's accomplishment to compel you is amazing. Epic on every level and is a force to be reckoned with. A towering achievement that will forever be remembered in cinema.
  3. Apr 13, 2012
    I love the movie titanic, I believe that this film is sad and depressing, but a legend love story, although i love this film, what was the point of releasing it again in 3D?
  4. Apr 16, 2012
    Cannot really understand how can anyone give this movie a negative review. Loved it, was extremely touched by the movie and I believe it may be the most touching and romantic movie ever made. 10/10
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    "Titanic", another one of James Cameron's masterpieces, is a powerful and strongly acted romantic film. The use of CGI is great and the script is well-written. It did take some time to get going though.
  6. Jun 1, 2012
    Every time I see this movie I can't take my eyes away from the screen. The movie feels like reality before your eyes as if you've never seen it before.
  7. Dec 13, 2014
    As a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as theAs a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as the pinnacle of disaster films and this one certainly echoes those and improves on them thanks to advancements in technology. In addition, the film certainly has its beautiful moments. While the romance may be poured on a little thick at times, it certainly really shines at times and makes you feel chills all over. Leonardo DiCaprio is also good as Jack Dawson, though he does falter at times, in large part due to poor writing. I did not like the writing for much of this one and the lines were laughable at times. In addition, Kate Winslet's performance left much to be desired. She had her moments where she was great, but when paired with a much stronger actor in DiCaprio, he left her in the dust far too often. The supporting cast was strong for the most part, however, which was good. As a whole, Titanic succeeds most in capturing the atmosphere and events surrounding the Titanic. Both the sinking and aftermath of it are brilliantly moving and engrossing, which stand as the best part of the film to me. It certainly has its negatives, but Titanic gets more negative reviews than it deserves due to the at times sappy and unbelievable romance element, which is too bad. Expand
  8. Jul 18, 2012
    Titanic is romantic, beautiful, and sad. This is my favorite movie of all time, and totally deserved the best picture award it won. This and Inception is the reason Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors. And This is why Kate Winslet's one of my favorite actresses
  9. Aug 25, 2012
    Long sometimes and the character of Hockley is just a stereotypical bad guy, but that were already all the bad things about this movie. A masterpiece, that mixes a wonderful love story with fantastic special effects! Deserved all of the won Oscars!
  10. Nov 17, 2013
    How can anyone give a negative review about this movie! it's TITANIC the classic one of the best movies ever made! what's not to like the acting is really strong the story is great the characters are catching ...
    what's wrong with people!!
  11. Jan 12, 2014
    I Like 1997's Titanic, I Like It Because of James Cameron's Direction And Screenplay And James Horner's Score, It Was Roger Ebert's Ninth Best Film Of 1997, It Stayed At #1 At The Box Office For 15 Weeks And Had A 3D Reissue In 2012.
  12. Oct 15, 2012
    Titanic offers one of the very best Blu-Ray releases available today. I have no qualms giving this set highest marks James Cameron is a genius While Titanic can't touch Cameron's true classics, The Terminator and Aliens.
  13. Jan 6, 2014
    O clássico de James Cameron
  14. Dec 5, 2012
    I Love This Movie. Romantic and wonderful, and I think this is one of the best of the history. Ok I remeber that I've seen betters movies than it but this movie smash !
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    This is one of those movies you either love or hate, well, most of the time. I don't love it, but I will say I liked it. As a typical love story it works, and the effects (at the time) were phenomenal. Leo became the pretty boy every straight guy hates with a passion (because he makes the rest of us look bad.) Plus a song that will stick in your head until the end of time (I bet you'reThis is one of those movies you either love or hate, well, most of the time. I don't love it, but I will say I liked it. As a typical love story it works, and the effects (at the time) were phenomenal. Leo became the pretty boy every straight guy hates with a passion (because he makes the rest of us look bad.) Plus a song that will stick in your head until the end of time (I bet you're thinking of it right now.) Seriously, I thought this movie achieved what it was intended to be: A tragic love story on the Titanic. It was funny when it was suppose to be funny, sappy when it was meant to be sappy. Sad when .... well you get the idea.Overall: A movie that well deserved the acclaim it got and will always be a classic, While I do have few minor issues with the movie, i generally enjoyed it. Expand
  16. Jan 8, 2013
    The 1912 boat conspiracy turns into a excellent movie called, well you guessed it "Titanic"! Titanic is a tragic tale about a rich lady and a young man who fall in love. Even though i was expecting it to be a disaster film like James Cameron usually dos this movie catches your heart like a beautiful song when the lady went on the tip of the Titanic. The only problem that made me -2 pointsThe 1912 boat conspiracy turns into a excellent movie called, well you guessed it "Titanic"! Titanic is a tragic tale about a rich lady and a young man who fall in love. Even though i was expecting it to be a disaster film like James Cameron usually dos this movie catches your heart like a beautiful song when the lady went on the tip of the Titanic. The only problem that made me -2 points was the fact that James Cameron lost most of the important bits like when the Titanic's splits into half. Expand
  17. May 5, 2013
    Every year I have to watch Titanic, because it is just one of my favorite movies of all time, it just gets better, so realistic and the acting is heartbreaking and touching, amazing, and a really good romance that doesn't bore you to death, I really like it and I wonder how could a Directer do such a movie with not that technology at that time, and when it was re-released, I was the firstEvery year I have to watch Titanic, because it is just one of my favorite movies of all time, it just gets better, so realistic and the acting is heartbreaking and touching, amazing, and a really good romance that doesn't bore you to death, I really like it and I wonder how could a Directer do such a movie with not that technology at that time, and when it was re-released, I was the first to watch it and it was epic, epic if 3D,2D,1D, 0D, it is the TITANIC. Expand
  18. May 13, 2013
    Ok, so the sequences where the ship was sinking could be very impressive, but the story is such pure 100% chick-flick sap, and the dialogue so corny, that no amount of grandeur, amazing visual effects, or Cameron's A game direction can save it. Why such a cheezy screenplay James? It's watchable and better than most chick flicks, but that really isn't saying much. I'm flying? I'm flying?Ok, so the sequences where the ship was sinking could be very impressive, but the story is such pure 100% chick-flick sap, and the dialogue so corny, that no amount of grandeur, amazing visual effects, or Cameron's A game direction can save it. Why such a cheezy screenplay James? It's watchable and better than most chick flicks, but that really isn't saying much. I'm flying? I'm flying? What the crap were you thinking when you wrote that part? Let's put this girl on some acid? Expand
  19. Aug 31, 2013
    [6.9] It's a mostly good movie, but the romantic and suspenseful elements don't really work well together. It's also hard to create suspense when your audience knows what inevitably is going to happen. The movie would also be much better if it didn't include scenes from the present. It's quite an experience, it just isn't the most convincing one.
  20. Feb 9, 2013
    The visuals are absolutely stunning, it could pass as raw footage of the cruiser sinking itself. But before all of the thrills and excitement, you're forced to deal with the lousy chemistry between the romantic protagonists.
  21. Mar 15, 2013
    What an amazingly crafted and directed movie. The ship sinking in the last hour of it was very intense and very real. You can tell that Cameron really did his research and was very committed to making a masterpiece of a movie. The cast was also perfect. There wasn't anyone who didn't do an insanely good and believable performance.
  22. Mar 12, 2013
    The movie is made so well that you actually experience the Titanic tragedy. Everything about this movie is perfect, it''s just impossible to give this masterpiece something anything but 10.
  23. Mar 22, 2013
    Oh, James you made this then made the terrible Avatar, why. Titanic was great story, great acting, great music. I like the idea of a first class girl falling for a no class guy or low class guy. Its like the dream that fan girls have with getting Chris Brown, Nick Jonas, Trey Songz. and guys have with getting Vanessa Hudgens (ME), Beyonce, or Alicia Keys. The only real problem I andOh, James you made this then made the terrible Avatar, why. Titanic was great story, great acting, great music. I like the idea of a first class girl falling for a no class guy or low class guy. Its like the dream that fan girls have with getting Chris Brown, Nick Jonas, Trey Songz. and guys have with getting Vanessa Hudgens (ME), Beyonce, or Alicia Keys. The only real problem I and probably everyone else has for this movie is the length dammit James. I'm not gonna sit in the theater for 4hours. After I saw Avatar I was not gonna sit in the theater for it or Titanic again. Unesecarrly long films. Other then that its a good film. Yes with this really good review I give it a 7. Don't know why. Expand
  24. May 6, 2013
    With the main plot predictable, bland full of laburios, the only thing really worth this film and Part 2, reporting accuracy and compliance with the anguish of all passengers on board, made ​​superbly by J.Cameron.
  25. May 13, 2013
    My personally favorite movie, James Cameron proves he doesn't just create badass films with Robots. He went for a more romantic take this time and he succeeded. Titanic is probably one of the only movies who will make the people weep and give us characters we will actually care about. Although lengthy, the character development was wonderfully paced so it really feels alot shorter, wellMy personally favorite movie, James Cameron proves he doesn't just create badass films with Robots. He went for a more romantic take this time and he succeeded. Titanic is probably one of the only movies who will make the people weep and give us characters we will actually care about. Although lengthy, the character development was wonderfully paced so it really feels alot shorter, well for me at least. It is a must see for everyone, even though romantic dramas aren't for everyone. Expand
  26. Jun 26, 2013
    Es una pelicula clasica y muy buena,su guion,historia,trama ETC,estan muy buenos,se merece un 10 de 10 y un 100 de 100,la recomiendo para que la vean.
  27. May 30, 2013
    This movie is one of those movies that when you look at it do not you forget it and will always remember him as one of the best movie you've ever seen the film as everyone knows speaks of the sinking of the Titanic, but James Cameron tries to make the lighter moment by telling the love story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio), an artist who lodges in the third class, and Rose (Kate Winslet),This movie is one of those movies that when you look at it do not you forget it and will always remember him as one of the best movie you've ever seen the film as everyone knows speaks of the sinking of the Titanic, but James Cameron tries to make the lighter moment by telling the love story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio), an artist who lodges in the third class, and Rose (Kate Winslet), a seventeen year old girl from middle class family with a mother who has already planned a life and his wealthy fiancé Caledon "Cal" Hackley (Billy Zane). This film I've seen it many times and every time I feel an incredible feeling, it is precisely for this reason that Titanic is a masterpiece, because as many films do not ever get tired of seeing him always and every time you feel the same emotion as if it were the first time personally I can not even find a flaw in the film, I think the points that make a moving film Titanic and that leaves its mark are: the soundtrack by James Horner, the song My Heart Will Go On Celine Dion, dazzling special effects photography Russell Carpenter and the incredible interpretation of Kate Winslet. Unfortunately, the Cinema today has had many changes compared to what it once was, most of the movies they make today are trash films, Cinema today's needs instead of movies like Titanic, one of a kind and that will leave a mark in the heart and mind. Winner of 11 Academy Awards in 1998 (all deserved): Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Special Effects, Best Original Score, Best Song, Best Editing, Best Sound, Best Sound Editing and Best Costume Design, I conclude saying that Titanic is a masterpiece and is one of the best films ever made. Expand
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    Titanic is an epic movie!!! It's the best film ever made and Leo Dicaprio is always perfect. James Cameron is the best film director ever!!
    After 16 years, Titanic is still a masterpiece and an unforgettable film. I am sure that in the future, people will still admire Titanic. A HUGE well done to the cast and the crew!!!
  29. Feb 2, 2014
    The romance element in Titanic is undoubtely cheesy and sappy but the disaster scene provides a lot of impressive CGI and some emotional punch to counter its other minor flaws.

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.