Paramount Pictures | Release Date: December 19, 1997
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 1094 Ratings
Watch Now
[Anonymous]Nov 4, 2005
T2 is more exciting, but Titanic is certainly worth a look. It certainly deserved Oscars, but maybe not eleven of them. It actually isn't boring...James Cameron proves himself versatile, as the movie flows along well...w/o fight T2 is more exciting, but Titanic is certainly worth a look. It certainly deserved Oscars, but maybe not eleven of them. It actually isn't boring...James Cameron proves himself versatile, as the movie flows along well...w/o fight sequences and battles in his action work. THe romance is actually well written...not too deep, but not phony or shallow, and for real, as it stands the test of disaster. In fact, this movie's charaters HATE phoniness, in a way both girls and guys can relate too and embrace. James Horner's score was great, too. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
ScaraBAug 23, 2009
A solid movie, but no doubt one of the most overrated movies of all time. If you have a male friend that loves this film, dig further for evidence of his actual masulinity.
asylumspadezNov 20, 2011
The insanely long run time may shy some people away but this is a good film. I watched it numerous times on VHS when it first came out and I still enjoy it to this day (FYI - I am a guy).
davenbettridgeOct 5, 2011
The special effects and the intense tragedy of the sinking ship are well told, the romantic cut and paste story is cheese. Titanic is a good movie for sure but does show more than any other that its not the best movies that make the most money.
imthenoobJun 9, 2013
I remember watching this movie on VHS when it first came out and my sisters and I watched it twice in the first day we owned. A must see romance movie and suprisingly rather good.
AwesomeReviewerApr 10, 2012
â
OfficialNov 4, 2013
"Titanic", another one of James Cameron's masterpieces, is a powerful and strongly acted romantic film. The use of CGI is great and the script is well-written. It did take some time to get going though.
axelkochAug 25, 2012
Long sometimes and the character of Hockley is just a stereotypical bad guy, but that were already all the bad things about this movie. A masterpiece, that mixes a wonderful love story with fantastic special effects! Deserved all of the won Oscars!
Rox22Jan 30, 2013
This is one of those movies you either love or hate, well, most of the time. I don't love it, but I will say I liked it. As a typical love story it works, and the effects (at the time) were phenomenal. Leo became the pretty boy everyThis is one of those movies you either love or hate, well, most of the time. I don't love it, but I will say I liked it. As a typical love story it works, and the effects (at the time) were phenomenal. Leo became the pretty boy every straight guy hates with a passion (because he makes the rest of us look bad.) Plus a song that will stick in your head until the end of time (I bet you're thinking of it right now.) Seriously, I thought this movie achieved what it was intended to be: A tragic love story on the Titanic. It was funny when it was suppose to be funny, sappy when it was meant to be sappy. Sad when .... well you get the idea.Overall: A movie that well deserved the acclaim it got and will always be a classic, While I do have few minor issues with the movie, i generally enjoyed it. Expand
Annoymous1Jan 8, 2013
The 1912 boat conspiracy turns into a excellent movie called, well you guessed it "Titanic"! Titanic is a tragic tale about a rich lady and a young man who fall in love. Even though i was expecting it to be a disaster film like James CameronThe 1912 boat conspiracy turns into a excellent movie called, well you guessed it "Titanic"! Titanic is a tragic tale about a rich lady and a young man who fall in love. Even though i was expecting it to be a disaster film like James Cameron usually dos this movie catches your heart like a beautiful song when the lady went on the tip of the Titanic. The only problem that made me -2 points was the fact that James Cameron lost most of the important bits like when the Titanic's splits into half. Expand
ScorpionMay 6, 2013
With the main plot predictable, bland full of laburios, the only thing really worth this film and Part 2, reporting accuracy and compliance with the anguish of all passengers on board, made ​​superbly by J.Cameron.
ThatCooperGuyJun 25, 2015
A very slightly blandish story. Just slightly, but James Cameron's "Titanic" still remains one of his best efforts with the help of some strong film-making.
SythusRATINGSOct 18, 2014
A fictional romantic tale of a rich girl (Winslet) and a poor bohemian boy (DiCaprio) who meet on the ill-fated voyage of the 'unsinkable' ship, the RMS Titanic.
harihariMar 7, 2015
Titanic is an unmatchable movie experience. It may have a mishmash romance,but after all cameron intended to make a movie on titanic and he wanted the viewers to 'go into' it, so he chose this love story. In tyat case titanic is bst movie ever
homer4presidentMar 13, 2015
The first half of the movie did not win me over with the romance and the fact that nothing cool is happening. When the iceberg comes into play, is when the real movie begins. The way the movies is done during that part is intense butThe first half of the movie did not win me over with the romance and the fact that nothing cool is happening. When the iceberg comes into play, is when the real movie begins. The way the movies is done during that part is intense but beautiful. Even though there is lots of destruction taking place, it still has that almost angelic feeling. Also because the movie is so long, it allows the audience to become attached to the love story surrounding Jack and Rose. Expand
CineAutoctonoDec 2, 2015
Titanic , the best romance I saw in my life , but for " Passengers" , which DiCaprio and Winslet good boys , but a remembered romance agerridos roamed where a cruise ship was about to sink and those dead passengers by the frozen water of theTitanic , the best romance I saw in my life , but for " Passengers" , which DiCaprio and Winslet good boys , but a remembered romance agerridos roamed where a cruise ship was about to sink and those dead passengers by the frozen water of the Atlantic , but I think if you cease to be Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence fail to strike wing romance that will have space and I want to see , but this movie is incredible . Expand
EpicLadySpongeDec 29, 2015
It's not that great of a movie, but Titanic caught in the eye-popping excitement during the last bit of minutes of the movie. Sometimes, it may or may not be worth seeing the entire movie.
LepstrungJan 10, 2016
Only romantic movie I have ever seen. Too long and takes ages to one boat to sink. But atleats it has been made good and realistic. Some scenes are wierd.
jwt7000Aug 2, 2012
The first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme songThe first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme song that felt so emotional. Expand
joreganoMay 31, 2011
he number of times in this unbelievably badly-written script that the two [lead characters] refer to each other by name was an indication of just how dramatically the script lacked anything more interesting for the actors to say.Also,he number of times in this unbelievably badly-written script that the two [lead characters] refer to each other by name was an indication of just how dramatically the script lacked anything more interesting for the actors to say.Also, filmmaker Robert Altman called it "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life Expand
TheNewSpielbergApr 1, 2011
James Cameron's 1997 movie epic garnered instant acclaim upon release, grossed over 1 billion dollars at the box office (Avatar would beat this record over a decade later) and was given the dubious honor of being the most expensive productionJames Cameron's 1997 movie epic garnered instant acclaim upon release, grossed over 1 billion dollars at the box office (Avatar would beat this record over a decade later) and was given the dubious honor of being the most expensive production of all time. The plot tells of a poor steerage passenger named Jack Dawson who forms a romantic relationship with first class passenger Rose DeWitt Bukater onboard the "unsinkable" RMS Titanic. The film focuses mainly on the relationship between the duo up until the point the great ship strikes an iceberg and sinks rapidly, transforming it into a typical big budget summer blockbuster that tries to be more than just popcorn entertainment. The acting is decent, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet giving dramatic performances that are fueled by the romance between the two. Billy Zane is also good as Cal Hockley, a wealthy tycoon who plans to marry Rose. Overall, the film is good but one major complaint must be addressed. I think that the film uses one of the greatest tragedies in history to its advantage just a bit too much. Of course, Cameron had been on dives to the real wreck of the actual ship himself during filming and was very much moved by it, but his feelings and emotions towards the events are not portrayed very well on film. As is typical with many Hollywood epics, a small proportion of the what happens during the sinking is historically inaccurate but apart from that it leaves an overwhelming sense of grief upon you. Actually, that grief may be the reason why the film has received so much backlash in recent years, because the first time you see it, men and women will get teary-eyed in the end, but after a number of times it just isn't the same and you wish you were seeing it for the first time instead. All in all, a masterpiece as a standalone disaster film but a tad disappointing as a historically accurate Titanic film. If you wish to see a factual version, the 1958 film A Night to Remember may be more your cup of tea. Expand
spadenxDec 22, 2011
Far too long, Really drags on the film as long as it can until it can go no more. I enjoyed the film ,dont get me wrong, but the runtime killed me in the end. Acting was ok but no where near as impressive as the film's special effects.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
Not my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of theNot my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of the most famous ships of all time.

Titanic sank on her maiden voyage. A lot of people died - unnecessarily, perhaps. That's what most people know about the real events. I myself find that sometimes I just want to keep reading stories told by the survivors, to get the feel of things.

This movie has won a heap of awards since it was released, and not for nothing: the movie looks really good. The design of the boat was very beautiful and authentic looking, as were the clothes and other details seen in the film. It gives you a good, solid whiff of what it was like back in the day.

The story itself is structured quite nicely between past and present, although the present isn't quite as well detailed as the past. Rose, who survived the shipwreck, recounts her story to a group of avid listeners. For some reason they are mesmerized by the story of suffocating future and an alternative opportunity of adventure, although their interest simply lies on finding a valuable diamond and its fate.

Amazingly enough, the whole three hours that this movie lasts, and only the last hour or so focusing on the actual events of the sinking, the movie doesn't get boring. Although there isn't much going on in the beginning, there was just enough vibe going on to keep one looking and waiting for the inevitable. After all, we all know how the story ends before it even begins.
OnAnarchyApr 14, 2012
An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movieAn achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential. A good film with great visuals, but does not rank among the great films of our time. Expand
SpangleDec 13, 2014
As a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executedAs a whole, Titanic is certainly a pretty good film. The strongest element of this is the production elements. While outdated by the time I watched it, for 1997 it is very good. In addition, the disaster sequences were brilliantly executed and put together to perfection. It reminded me positively of 1970's classics The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno. Both are seen as the pinnacle of disaster films and this one certainly echoes those and improves on them thanks to advancements in technology. In addition, the film certainly has its beautiful moments. While the romance may be poured on a little thick at times, it certainly really shines at times and makes you feel chills all over. Leonardo DiCaprio is also good as Jack Dawson, though he does falter at times, in large part due to poor writing. I did not like the writing for much of this one and the lines were laughable at times. In addition, Kate Winslet's performance left much to be desired. She had her moments where she was great, but when paired with a much stronger actor in DiCaprio, he left her in the dust far too often. The supporting cast was strong for the most part, however, which was good. As a whole, Titanic succeeds most in capturing the atmosphere and events surrounding the Titanic. Both the sinking and aftermath of it are brilliantly moving and engrossing, which stand as the best part of the film to me. It certainly has its negatives, but Titanic gets more negative reviews than it deserves due to the at times sappy and unbelievable romance element, which is too bad. Expand
dante_finnDec 22, 2012
A true cinematic masterpiece
ryanMoriarityFeb 9, 2013
The visuals are absolutely stunning, it could pass as raw footage of the cruiser sinking itself. But before all of the thrills and excitement, you're forced to deal with the lousy chemistry between the romantic protagonists.
MarkMusicMar 22, 2013
Oh, James you made this then made the terrible Avatar, why. Titanic was great story, great acting, great music. I like the idea of a first class girl falling for a no class guy or low class guy. Its like the dream that fan girls have withOh, James you made this then made the terrible Avatar, why. Titanic was great story, great acting, great music. I like the idea of a first class girl falling for a no class guy or low class guy. Its like the dream that fan girls have with getting Chris Brown, Nick Jonas, Trey Songz. and guys have with getting Vanessa Hudgens (ME), Beyonce, or Alicia Keys. The only real problem I and probably everyone else has for this movie is the length dammit James. I'm not gonna sit in the theater for 4hours. After I saw Avatar I was not gonna sit in the theater for it or Titanic again. Unesecarrly long films. Other then that its a good film. Yes with this really good review I give it a 7. Don't know why. Expand
eagleeyevikingFeb 2, 2014
The romance element in Titanic is undoubtely cheesy and sappy but the disaster scene provides a lot of impressive CGI and some emotional punch to counter its other minor flaws.
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
CantandresJul 31, 2015
I am not a real fan of romantic movies in general but I did enjoy Titanic. It was visually very pleasing, the performances were quite good and the script was imaginative. Billy Zane was surprisingly good at playing the snobbish rich bastard,I am not a real fan of romantic movies in general but I did enjoy Titanic. It was visually very pleasing, the performances were quite good and the script was imaginative. Billy Zane was surprisingly good at playing the snobbish rich bastard, and Dicaprio had started to look like a man by the time it was made. Until then I had always thought he looked like a pretty girl. Expand
reviewfrom19842Dec 29, 2016
Titanic is a pretty good movie with some really good acting. Some parts about it are forgivable but other than that I would say you could watch Titanic.
NathanTOct 24, 2006
The idea that this was a better film than "L.A. Confidential" or the nominated "Boogie Nights" or "The Sweet Hereafter" is plain silly. But watching "Titanic" again for the first time in a few years, I was struck by how much of it does work. The idea that this was a better film than "L.A. Confidential" or the nominated "Boogie Nights" or "The Sweet Hereafter" is plain silly. But watching "Titanic" again for the first time in a few years, I was struck by how much of it does work. Unfortunately what does work is hampered at every turn by what doesn't. James Cameron doesn't let the British shine (this is an American movie) and he can't resist the urge to do those cutesy references to the era of the film (and aren't we all so clever looking back knowing who Picasso is while the benighted fools aboard think he's doomed to be a starving artist?). Yet what works is the film's romance, as cornball and contrived as it may be. Far from Leonardo DiCaprio's best performance (that would be as Howard Hughes in the far, far superior "The Aviator"), Kate Winslet keeps the film afloat on her shoulders and provides a compelling reason to watch "Titanic" even as it sinks (literally). And remember how fashionable it was to say in 1997 that you only liked the last hour of it when all the 'cool' special effects take over? Regretfully there isn't enough heat in those dramatic closing scenes and the direction feels off for that material. But as the 1990s was the decade of the period piece winning the Best Picture prize ("American Beauty" and "Silence of the Lambs" notwithstanding), this predictably swept the Oscars that year. It's a decent, occasionally overwrought film that sold more tickets and ran for longer than it deserved to. But as a Best Picture winner, it's sandwiched in between one of the 1990s best films, "The English Patient" and the delightfully romantic "Shakespeare in Love". Those two are deserving of every second they ask of the viewer. Expand
FrederickS.Jun 10, 2006
The wettest and most hyped movie of all time.
JakeDec 18, 2005
Not all that bad, but definately not worth the 600 million at the box office and the 13 oscars. The film was very entertaining and visually stunning, but the romantic aspects of the film seemed both cliche and fabricated. It was pretty much Not all that bad, but definately not worth the 600 million at the box office and the 13 oscars. The film was very entertaining and visually stunning, but the romantic aspects of the film seemed both cliche and fabricated. It was pretty much Romeo and Juliet mixed with Lady and the Tramp. But the ending was amazing and gorgeous to look at. A lot like Pearl Harbor, i was disappointed that hollywood could take horrible disaster and turn it into a mediocre romance flick. Ultimately entertaining, but left a whole lot to be desired! Expand
gm101Oct 6, 2010
After all these years, I regret contributing to Titanic's box office. Horrible story and characters. And is it just me, or does James Cameron just has to have sex in (almost) all of his movies? I think this movie deserves a 0, but I'm givingAfter all these years, I regret contributing to Titanic's box office. Horrible story and characters. And is it just me, or does James Cameron just has to have sex in (almost) all of his movies? I think this movie deserves a 0, but I'm giving it a passing grade of 6 only becuase of: 1. 90s nostolgia 2. Great acting by Billy Zane, the only good actor in the movie 3. I admit, I love the song sung by Celine Dion Expand
JawsLaxerDramaDec 20, 2012
I love to hate this movie. I hate to love this movie. Titanic, is without question, long and doesn't get interesting until about 90 minutes into the movie. As much as i hate the song "My heart will go on" and on...and on...This didn't deserveI love to hate this movie. I hate to love this movie. Titanic, is without question, long and doesn't get interesting until about 90 minutes into the movie. As much as i hate the song "My heart will go on" and on...and on...This didn't deserve best picture. It is by far not a classic. Still, this is a groundbreaking movie and should be crowned as a glorious movie, by all means, yes. I know why people hate it as well as love it. I go back and forth between loving and hating it with a passion. No idea why. The effects are just...un-freakin-believably good. I felt as if I was there. The lines are often cheesy, but...you do have to remember, you can't just have a movie about Titanic that spands 3 hours. That is why it is a love story. I'm not one for romance anyways. So, I understand if you think it's the greatest movie ever. I also understand if you think it's the worst. In some ways, I would love to give this movie a 3 a be done with it. But, I'm forgetting, that there is something special to this movie. Kate Winslet is great. I didn't like Leo Dicaprio, but again, the whole Jack character annoyed the hell out of me. Cameron, please DO NOT write movies. Expand
ncstatemikeAug 31, 2013
[6.9] It's a mostly good movie, but the romantic and suspenseful elements don't really work well together. It's also hard to create suspense when your audience knows what inevitably is going to happen. The movie would also be much better if[6.9] It's a mostly good movie, but the romantic and suspenseful elements don't really work well together. It's also hard to create suspense when your audience knows what inevitably is going to happen. The movie would also be much better if it didn't include scenes from the present. It's quite an experience, it just isn't the most convincing one. Expand
MuddsjrAug 10, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a half decent film that definitely entertains with the first few watches, though it is a bit long. the thing for me was the fact neither Rose nor Jack seemed intent on beeping that horn in the car, that could have been done more, because it was a moment I felt slightly humored. Also, I'm sure there was enough space on that rafter for Jack to get on too, so it was his fault. But no, seriously, this is a film that I've regularly seen bring a tear to people's eyes. Expand
FilmVirtueJun 25, 2015
Cameron's disaster-to-come love story is as original as they come but overall is overrated and over hyped. It is visually impressive (Again, James Cameron) but when it comes to love stories, it tends to weigh on after the first hour. TitanicCameron's disaster-to-come love story is as original as they come but overall is overrated and over hyped. It is visually impressive (Again, James Cameron) but when it comes to love stories, it tends to weigh on after the first hour. Titanic has three hours attached to it. Are they worthwhile? That's up to you as a viewer because everyone's viewpoint is different. For me, this film rests as an above average love story with spectacular visuals. Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 26, 2011
"Titanic" has its glorious pictures, but director James Cameron forcefully brings tears to the audience with its cheesy dialogue and the overwhelming sole focus on the chemistry between the two main characters.
BradySmithMay 13, 2013
Ok, so the sequences where the ship was sinking could be very impressive, but the story is such pure 100% chick-flick sap, and the dialogue so corny, that no amount of grandeur, amazing visual effects, or Cameron's A game direction can saveOk, so the sequences where the ship was sinking could be very impressive, but the story is such pure 100% chick-flick sap, and the dialogue so corny, that no amount of grandeur, amazing visual effects, or Cameron's A game direction can save it. Why such a cheezy screenplay James? It's watchable and better than most chick flicks, but that really isn't saying much. I'm flying? I'm flying? What the crap were you thinking when you wrote that part? Let's put this girl on some acid? Expand
prossnip42Jan 4, 2015
hello highest grossing generic movie of all time. seriously this movie is my opinion is so painfully overrated that i could watch flowers grow and would not be as bored as this. Its too bad because the movie had this great disaster wherehello highest grossing generic movie of all time. seriously this movie is my opinion is so painfully overrated that i could watch flowers grow and would not be as bored as this. Its too bad because the movie had this great disaster where hundreds of people die and what do they ficus on? The god damn romance. Guys you are not making an anime (which would be kinda awesome). so yeah it is an overrated movie and in no **** way does it deserve to be the highest grossing film of all time Expand
BeastprogamerMar 18, 2015
Okay, now to be honest, this movie is fine but the mistakes or crap were:
1. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet make an awful couple.
2. Some parts were boring. The only thing I like is the Ship R.M.S. Titanic sinking but I hate to see a
Okay, now to be honest, this movie is fine but the mistakes or crap were:
1. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet make an awful couple.
2. Some parts were boring.
The only thing I like is the Ship R.M.S. Titanic sinking but I hate to see a lot of people died. The lines were okay. The graphics are great, especially in 3D. The characters were kinda dumb (except for the real people: Captain Smith, Officers, John Jacob Astor, etc.) but dumb cause of awful couple.
FuturedirectorMar 11, 2016
James Cameron's Titanic is, of course a masterpiece, unofrgettable film, and 2 000 000 000-dollars-winner approximately. Sadly, we gotta remember that the main idea of the film is so natural and very simple of imagine. Titanic is a film whichJames Cameron's Titanic is, of course a masterpiece, unofrgettable film, and 2 000 000 000-dollars-winner approximately. Sadly, we gotta remember that the main idea of the film is so natural and very simple of imagine. Titanic is a film which plot isn't predictable, but very easy to make or think. Almost anybody could have a brilliant idea like that. The director, actors, visual-effects, sound, edition, photography and all the award-winning stuff in Titanic makes the film one of the most important in all cinema history. This film won all those dollars because of the story, the love, the actors, the nominations, the audience opinion, the Vistula-effects, the Oscar-winning song, and of course, Rose Dawson nudity. Expand
JaeqJul 26, 2008
There's Great, Good, Okay, Bad, and Terrible when it comes to movies, This one is somewhere between okay and bad, don't mean to be sexist, but many girls and women tend to see movies for other things than what they are, in this There's Great, Good, Okay, Bad, and Terrible when it comes to movies, This one is somewhere between okay and bad, don't mean to be sexist, but many girls and women tend to see movies for other things than what they are, in this case, pretty boy leonardo decaprio in a 4 hour softcore porno, same idea with brokeback mountain , imagine a stupid chick flick that takes a 5/10, now put homsexual romance in it, goldmine. Expand
0 of 6 users found this helpful
moonman1994Feb 10, 2013
A silly unrealistic and inaccurate sappy love story. I never really have understood why it is so critically acclaimed. Luckily critics and people have seen this fact to (with it's scores that dropped on rotten tomatoes after it wasA silly unrealistic and inaccurate sappy love story. I never really have understood why it is so critically acclaimed. Luckily critics and people have seen this fact to (with it's scores that dropped on rotten tomatoes after it was re-released in 3D). A lot of people say that this film features a "classic" love story but there's nothing "classic" about it. Star-crossed lovers that couldn't ever be together due to society and a tragic ending resulting the death of one of them. Sound a bit familiar? it should. No, not every aspect of Titanic is horrible. It's visually amazing for one but that's its sole redeeming quality for me. I'm sorry but this did NOT deserve best picture. Expand
jojojojojojoAug 19, 2015
C'mon let's be honest, some years has passed ever since this came out, we can all agree on one thing: this movie is bad, like really bad, and boring, and meaningless, and makes no sense, but now it's on our pop culture, so whatever
colombogermanoJan 24, 2017
It scores 4 for the technical achievement. But the painful soap opera "love" story clinges on the disaster where more than 1500 people died. It is a waste of time and talent. I guess the high scores are due to Kate Winslet being nude in aIt scores 4 for the technical achievement. But the painful soap opera "love" story clinges on the disaster where more than 1500 people died. It is a waste of time and talent. I guess the high scores are due to Kate Winslet being nude in a secene. Want a Titanic Movie? Watch A Night to Remember. Expand
matroycemMay 13, 2013
The story of the Titanic is well known and so the backing plot will not come as a surprise. However the Writers thought that they had to MAKE a story to make the film. This consisted in a Terrible Love story, Weak characters and a stupid runThe story of the Titanic is well known and so the backing plot will not come as a surprise. However the Writers thought that they had to MAKE a story to make the film. This consisted in a Terrible Love story, Weak characters and a stupid run time. The performances, cinematography and special effects were good. But the character development was rubbish and I really did not get emotional involved with anyone. There was no real suspense which I know can be done in a film like this if the characters get under your skin. I would have prefered to stay more with the people who were left to die rather than see the film through the eyes of the Gentry aboard the HMS Titanic. The scene with Rose and Jack and the painting... What was the point? did we need to have it other than just to make it news worthy. I cannot believe that this film grossed as much as it did. People went Back to see it. Was there something they missed? Maybe they went back to search for a plot but that went down with the ship. Expand
JawsPapi87Sep 2, 2011
Oh do I hate this movie!!! Why did it have to center on a sappy love story? And why so formulaic? And why such a terrible script? And why such over the top and upfront heartbreak? AND WHY BEST PICTURE???
pauljohnsonJun 6, 2012
11 Oscars? Why? While James Cameron's "Titanic" certainly delivers as a visual feast and a breakthrough in set design, it is bogged down by a predictable love story without anything new brought to the tired formula. The real stories of the11 Oscars? Why? While James Cameron's "Titanic" certainly delivers as a visual feast and a breakthrough in set design, it is bogged down by a predictable love story without anything new brought to the tired formula. The real stories of the real people and real heroism on board the ship are shamelessly ignored, and sometimes offensively twisted, in the film's portrayal of the Titanic's First Officer, Lieutenant William Murdoch. So offensively in fact, the film's production staff had to apologise to the entire town where Murdoch grew up. What's worse, is that this film has become synonymous with the real story of the Titanic. So, a real story of Human sacrifice, heroism, bravery and selflessness in the face of impending death has been supplanted by a third-rate teeny-bopper love story. Great. Expand
PetrocelliApr 5, 2015
Maybe the most overrated movie ever. Special effects meet a dopey screenplay and bad acting. The plot: Kate Winslet's boyfriend gets her the biggest diamond in the world, and takes her to NYC in the biggest stateroom in the biggest oceanMaybe the most overrated movie ever. Special effects meet a dopey screenplay and bad acting. The plot: Kate Winslet's boyfriend gets her the biggest diamond in the world, and takes her to NYC in the biggest stateroom in the biggest ocean liner in the world. She pays him back by banging a guy from steerage in front of all his friends. What a trollop. The only disappointment is that this cheap whore didn't go down with the boat. Love story? Only if you think a cheating tramp is a heroine. Expand
JimG.Nov 28, 2005
Muzak for the eyes. Tedious, vacuous, schmaltz.
2 of 13 users found this helpful
python2000Aug 14, 2013
The main reason everybody likes this movie is because of the last 30 minutes where the boat sinks, it's awesome but that means the rest of the movie is irrelevant. Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet are a terrible couple and the onlyThe main reason everybody likes this movie is because of the last 30 minutes where the boat sinks, it's awesome but that means the rest of the movie is irrelevant. Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet are a terrible couple and the only chemistry is between the ship and the iceberg. Expand
snakeordeathJun 6, 2017
You know that scene where they are at the front of the boat, they should have jumped and saved us the screentime. I want my 7 dollars back for the floppy disk I purchased this movie on. The part where they die...best part.
StephenB.Dec 26, 2008
Mr. Cameron started his career by establishing himself as a great science-fiction writer/director, able to simultaneously be exciting and smart. He delievered on that promise with the two "Terminator" films and the completely awesome Mr. Cameron started his career by establishing himself as a great science-fiction writer/director, able to simultaneously be exciting and smart. He delievered on that promise with the two "Terminator" films and the completely awesome "Aliens". In fact, in some jurisdictions, not liking "Aliens" is considered a criminal act. However, having proved his talent at greatness, he decided to switch gears and try sucking for a change. And so we have... this... abomination. Gone are the great writing and pacing that anchored his previous sci-fi outings, instead replaced with a laughable script, incessant repetition and miscasting galore. There are no characters, just cardboard cutouts. The historic mistakes are mind-boggling. Even composer James Horner turns in a huge pile of cliched, faux-"romantic" gloop, all the more travesty if you remember he did the rousing score of "Aliens". Yes, the SFX is good and probably the only part of the film I will ever find anything positive to say. I have no idea why the director abandoned the niche he was most successful in for another where he fails. The final impression: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit". Expand
0 of 4 users found this helpful
LawrenceY.Dec 29, 2008
If you like disaster films, this is the film for you. But if you dont like to see love in a disaster film, just leave this one alone.
0 of 3 users found this helpful
MariofanMar 17, 2015
This movie generally sucked. It is the most overrated movie of all time next to Frozen, Toy Story 3 and The Social Network. The script, acting, love story and characters are all complete garbage. The visuals and Titanic sinking part are kindaThis movie generally sucked. It is the most overrated movie of all time next to Frozen, Toy Story 3 and The Social Network. The script, acting, love story and characters are all complete garbage. The visuals and Titanic sinking part are kinda cool though. Stay away from this movie. And why did it win 11 oscars?! Expand
ChrisB.Jul 5, 2007
Worst movie ever made. Were it not for Kate Winslet being naked for a couple of minutes, I'd have gouged my eyes out. There probably would have been a class-action lawsuit against James Cameron because his movie caused blindness due to Worst movie ever made. Were it not for Kate Winslet being naked for a couple of minutes, I'd have gouged my eyes out. There probably would have been a class-action lawsuit against James Cameron because his movie caused blindness due to eye-gouging had Kate Winslet not been naked. It's a bullshit romance. Go watch Rambo or something if you want to see a real movie. You know, one where there's no character development and shit gets blown up because it's awesome. Collapse
1 of 7 users found this helpful
JamsB.Jun 24, 2008
I would have given it about a 5 as it is an average try-hard hollywood blockbuster but the fact that you see Kate Winslet's horrible naked body makes it a zero.
1 of 9 users found this helpful
TSJul 26, 2009
Along with Braveheart and Forrest Gump, one of the worst Oscar winners of all time. Pure turgid drivel. A chick flick for the mentally defective.
2 of 15 users found this helpful
DravenatorLivesAug 30, 2011
James, James, James. Why did you have to be the one to direct this **** on the face of America. Titanic is a romanticisation of the Titanic tragedy. Kate and Leo do a relatively good job acting, but that's because they're the only thingJames, James, James. Why did you have to be the one to direct this **** on the face of America. Titanic is a romanticisation of the Titanic tragedy. Kate and Leo do a relatively good job acting, but that's because they're the only thing saving the movie from sinking on the review charts like the Titanic. I mean, I respect James and all, but this movie was the god-damn black sheep of them. Expand
titanicsucksJul 21, 2016
I once watched a trailer for titanic it was the most autistic gay piece of crap movie trailer there for the movie sucks i repeat the movie sucks. Also all of You haters who say i can not write a review on a movie i have not seen screw you toI once watched a trailer for titanic it was the most autistic gay piece of crap movie trailer there for the movie sucks i repeat the movie sucks. Also all of You haters who say i can not write a review on a movie i have not seen screw you to hell because titanic is crap. 0/10 Expand