7.4

1. Jan 7, 2011
    This movie is exactly what it needed to be for TMNT fans. All the critics hating it don't truly love the TMNT. For those who love the TMNT, this is your movie.
  2. May 23, 2014
    I probably should have give it a 7 or an 8, but my fanboy kicked in just because it's TMNT. The turtles themselves were beautifully designed and looked great, but the humans were crazy disproportionate and I just plain didn't care for the design of Splinter. I know it's an art style, it's just one I don't care for. Otherwise, I think the voice actors did a great job, as well as the story writers and director. This really is just basically another Turtles side story and on the big screen. Still, this film was great fun, funny, and action packed! A great relaxer movie, and good for the kids. Fun for the whole family! Just don't forget the 'Za! Expand

1. A tad too conservative and calculated. CGI delivers best on moody sets and a noirish atmosphere achieved by lighting, backgrounds and visual effects. But the characters look like plastic dolls, and the story is recycled sci-fi.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Munroe's script denies fans the satisfaction of a decent story or amusing interactions. Rather than waiting for a screenplay that warranted their bigscreen return, TMNT feels like an attempt to exploit the phenomenon further.
  3. Reviewed by: Nathan Lee
    Writer-director Kevin Munroe parties like it's 1989, grooving on the extreme-sports set pieces and vintage slang to generally cowabusted effect.