Criterion Collection, The | Release Date: November 26, 2010
9.0
Universal acclaim based on 24 Ratings
WATCH NOW
jack977Jan 25, 2014
Perhaps the greatness of Tokyo Story lies in the fact that it never judges its characters or their actions. It merely observes, almost making voyeurs of us, the viewers.
lasttimeisawFeb 19, 2015
The omission of Ozu’s oeuvre is definitely an unerring embarrassment for any movie aficionado, thankfully TOKYO STORY comes to my rescue, presumably Ozu’s most renowned work, tellingly it merits all kudos it gets, gracefully scrutinising theThe omission of Ozu’s oeuvre is definitely an unerring embarrassment for any movie aficionado, thankfully TOKYO STORY comes to my rescue, presumably Ozu’s most renowned work, tellingly it merits all kudos it gets, gracefully scrutinising the post-WWII mental disposition of Japanese people, and quietly tearjerking in eliciting recollections and rumination between parents and their children. Parenthood is not for everyone, but we all have parents, we forever hold a sense of regret towards them, especially in the oriental culture, filial piety is the foremost virtue to measure an individual’s worth, at least viewed by other family members.

keep reading my review on my blog, google: cinema omnivore, thanks!
LelchelseaMay 2, 2015
One of the most raw and emotionally gripping movies that I have ever seen. Truly was one of the rare movies that is able to immerse you into a the lives of others that we ourselves can truly feel related to
Masterpiece that will stand the
Masterpiece that will stand the test of time
MasterRileySep 21, 2016
Tokyo Story is a beautifully made film with good performances, revolutionary cinematography techniques, and an emotionally engaging story. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a heart felt family driven film.