Rocket Releasing | Release Date: November 16, 2011
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 31 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
netflicDec 1, 2011
A classic example of a good French movie. Deep, thoughtful, intense without too much action.
I do not remember a movie where children would act so naturally. My only complain: a bit slow at times.
khutchNov 11, 2013
Tomboy is cute, catchy, all adjectives that refer to something that leaves the viewer spellbound and the children give an acting class for many adults, but in the end, does not show much.
nascentMar 9, 2012
I really enjoyed it, but I feel like it could've been much more. It's very visceral, and the casting was outstanding, even the sister was quite incredible. But the script, the plot, was a bit shallow. Ultimately it had one point, one messageI really enjoyed it, but I feel like it could've been much more. It's very visceral, and the casting was outstanding, even the sister was quite incredible. But the script, the plot, was a bit shallow. Ultimately it had one point, one message and it covered it quite extensively, but I really wish it was more substantial.

I'm quite the fan of coming of age films, but this was the most shallow one I've seen yet. If you compare this to to something like Ã
JamesDAug 18, 2012
It is just absolutely mind blowing that this movie has gotten so many good reviews. It's so terrible. I've never seen such a slow movie with uninteresting to no dialogue whatsoever.
wakeupnothxMay 3, 2014
Great little slice-of-life movie showing how gender affects almost all points of life, especially for a child. The little looks, silences, and subtle body language between the main character (who is a tomboy or a transgender child treated asGreat little slice-of-life movie showing how gender affects almost all points of life, especially for a child. The little looks, silences, and subtle body language between the main character (who is a tomboy or a transgender child treated as "just a tomboy") and everyone else is spot on. Heartbreaking at times, but also tender and kind. Expand