Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: January 22, 2010
4.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 60 Ratings
Watch Now
grandpajoe6191Nov 6, 2011
Painful as taking out your first tooth...
RogerSmith97Apr 19, 2011
I Hate This Movie's Plots, & Its Stars.. Dwane "The Rock" Sucks So Bad!
I Did NOT EVEN FIND THIS MOVIE THE LEAST HINT OF GOOD!
0!
aaronpaul121May 25, 2012
This movie is like a 7.2 magnitude earthquake that struck the movie industry. Dwayne Johnson is super bad in this one. He looks weird and ridiculous when he acts in this film. The plot went nowhere in the Sahara Desert. Whoever will watchThis movie is like a 7.2 magnitude earthquake that struck the movie industry. Dwayne Johnson is super bad in this one. He looks weird and ridiculous when he acts in this film. The plot went nowhere in the Sahara Desert. Whoever will watch this film will experience the aftermath of watching this earthquake-like film.................. Expand
k-CJun 21, 2011
Hell no... can't believe that dwayne agree to star in this movie.its not even funny.the whole dialogs was predictable..the storyline was so boring.its a crime to even watch this..
ZilcellNov 27, 2011
The Tooth Fairy is a painful mess. The story is unimaginative and has a few plot holes. Dwayne Johnson didn't provide a good performance, which hurt it even more.
SilverManJul 4, 2012
Just another movie for kids. Weak, weak, weak... The Rock does not have a good perfomance, just Stephen Merchant (who a admire deeply) did a acceptable performance.
ThegodfathersonJul 7, 2013
Tooth Fairy proves Dwayne Johnson will do just about anything to try and get a laugh. Don a pink tutu? No problem. Put on a pair of fairy wings and act like you're six inches tall? He's down with that also. Johnson used to be an action movieTooth Fairy proves Dwayne Johnson will do just about anything to try and get a laugh. Don a pink tutu? No problem. Put on a pair of fairy wings and act like you're six inches tall? He's down with that also. Johnson used to be an action movie stud, but now it's all about entertaining the kiddies. Does Tooth Fairy accomplish that? Yes. Kids will most likely get a kick out of Johnson's antics in this family friendly comedy with a message. And speaking of that message...Yes, it's great to have dreams and believe in yourself and fairies. But a sledgehammer's used to pound home these themes to the point where adults may say enough already before Tooth Fairy's halfway over. Watching Tooth Fairy isn't as painful as having dental work performed (the title begs the comparison), but it's still not an experience adults need to sit through unless they're really into Dwayne Johnson, fairies, or have to take a kid to the movies. A scattering of smart jokes are lost amid a silly story in this predictable, campy comedy. Johnson stars as a former big league now fading minor league hockey player affectionately known as The Tooth Fairy. Why? Come on, do you really need to ask? It's because he hits people so hard their teeth fly out of their mouths. And this is encouraged and applauded in his hockey league. Derek's over the hill and on the downside of his hockey career, and the young stud on the team reminds him of that fact at every turn. This is a silly part of the storyline, so pay no attention to it. More important to note is that Derek has no problem shattering kids' dreams. When he almost tells his girlfriend's young daughter there is no tooth fairy, he's quickly shushed and then chastised. His tactlessness, and his penchant for bringing youngsters down, earns him a summons to Fairy Land. Fairy Land is ruled over by Julie Andrews. I don't think she's playing a character; I believe Andrews is in fact the queen of Fairy Land. She looks perfect in her wings and fairy costume. Derek's punishment for discouraging dreaming, and for stealing the money left by the 'tooth fairy' under his girlfriend's daughter's pillow in order to play poker (because $1 is going to go really far in a poker game), is to serve as the tooth fairy. For two weeks Derek's at the beck and call of his mentor, Tracy (Stephen Merchant), and those two weeks are pure hell for Derek. Equipped with fairy dust, amnesia powder, cat repellent, shrinking cream and a spray that makes him invisible, Derek has to go wherever he's called to pick up a tooth. And he has to go quickly since as soon as he's paged, he sprouts wings. And even though his nickname's The Tooth Fairy, hockey fans just wouldn't be into a 6' something hockey ruffian with gossamer wings.
So, Derek trudges through his sentence, complaining all the way, and totally not getting the lesson the fairies are attempting to pound into his head. But you know from the moment he gets the summons there will come that one pivotal moment when everything clicks and Derek the Tooth Fairy becomes Derek the Considerate, Fairy-Loving Man. The reason to watch Tooth Fairy isn't to see the hockey action. There's a good amount of time spent on the ice, but it's not all that thrilling. If you've seen one hockey game on film, you've seen the sport portrayed better than it is in Tooth Fairy. It's also not to see the cutesy love story between Johnson and Ashley Judd, because that just doesn't work at all. They are too polite to be romantically involved. And the kids in this film, while fine, are disposable characters. The reason to see Tooth Fairy is to watch the scenes with Dwayne Johnson and Stephen Merchant. This is when the film gets cooking. The writing's snappier in the scenes in which Johnson and Merchant torment each other. Tooth Fairy's credits list five screenwriters, and whoever it was assigned the task of writing the dialogue for Merchant and Johnson did a bang-up job. The rest of the dialogue sounds as though it was written by committee. This is definitely a Dwayne Johnson film, but credit Merchant for saving this movie from being unwatchable. Merchant's absolutely terrific as a non-winged fairy assigned to teaching Johnson the fairy ropes. Tooth Fairy could have been completely forgettable had it not been for the comic timing of Merchant, and his ability to bring out the best in Johnson whenever they share the screen.
FreedomFightersNov 23, 2016
Remember how I said that, with my reviews, I ended off 2009 on an underwhelming note with "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel?" (I know, some of my reviews come after it on my profile. I write them in release order and sometimes happenRemember how I said that, with my reviews, I ended off 2009 on an underwhelming note with "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel?" (I know, some of my reviews come after it on my profile. I write them in release order and sometimes happen to find grammatical errors that need fixing) Well, as 2009 ends off on a whimper, 2010 begins with an even worse whimper. That's right, I'm talking about "Tooth Fairy," the unfunny, poorly-written, extremely dull and boring film about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing...well, the Tooth Fairy. If that last sentence was any indication, the film sucked, and I can't even talk about the compact run time as a positive, since the film is roughly 100 minutes, and it feels like it. This film drags along, failing to land any truly memorable jokes at all. If anything, Dwayne Johnson gives it his all with the film and saves it from being one of the worst ever, but all told, "Tooth Fairy" is a weak theatrical film that everyone would be better off avoiding. Expand
TheLonelyCriticJun 28, 2016
Ooooooh......this movie. There's a special place in hell for this movie. Never has a movie been so insultingly bad in my life. Terrible performances, blatantly clichéd story and family-friendly humour playing it so safe that even Ned FlandersOoooooh......this movie. There's a special place in hell for this movie. Never has a movie been so insultingly bad in my life. Terrible performances, blatantly clichéd story and family-friendly humour playing it so safe that even Ned Flanders is telling it to lighten up. I don't care particularly for Dwayne himself, but he seems like a nice enough guy and a good action star. THIS however is the complete WRONG way to use him. Expand
FGuillermOjedaAug 9, 2016
¿Who could think that this kind of ideas might work in a movie? this is a painful movie that children doesn't even watch without getting bored, please fire the people who make this kind of movies.