4.6

1. Sep 18, 2013
    With such an amazing cast, I was expecting more. It's a small movie with very slight and nuanced moves, and if you go in expecting that, you can enjoy it on a certain level. I can't recommend people spend money to buy a theater ticket, but on cable? Sure.
  2. Oct 27, 2013
    After "Your Sister's Sister" (2011), also from writer/director Lynn Shelton and star Rosemarie DeWitt, I expected a lot more from "Touchy Feely", which is a bit unfair. It's similarly nuanced but doesn't have as strong of character development. This features a great cast with some fine performances, but too many storylines running in different directions with a conclusion that leaves a lot to be desired. Definitely not worth a theater-viewing, Shelton's films are best viewed from the comforts of home which is not meant to be an insult. Expand
  3. Dec 28, 2013
    Aside from a few movies that aren't worth mentioning, Touchy Feely has the worst script this year. Besides being absolutely terrible, the movie is painfully boring. The characters are horrible, the pace is irritating and the movie takes the phrase "I don't know" to a new level. A complete disaster of a film.
  4. Jan 5, 2014
    It is terrible. A pointless movie in which neither the viewer nor the characters appear to know what is going on. It certainly doesn't help when the movie is extremely boring with no sense of direction. There is absolutely nothing appealing about this movie.

1. Reviewed by: Liam Lacey
    Oct 11, 2013
    Touchy Feely seems poised to explore the same issues of embarrassing intimacy Shelton mined in her two last films, Humpday and Your Sister’s Sister. But here there’s a new fantastical element, the kind of magical device that might pop up in a minor Woody Allen film.
  2. Reviewed by: Sheri Linden
    Sep 12, 2013
    Shelton's affection for her characters is evident but it's not enough.
  3. Reviewed by: Hank Sartin
    Sep 6, 2013
    In the days since, I have found myself thinking about these characters at unexpected moments. Maybe the film, like its characters, just needs a little time to grow on you.