6.2

1. Dec 25, 2013
    A funny and entertaining movie that just doesn't aim very high. Tower Heist works while you watch it, but that's still pretty far away from comedy classic status. There may be one or two lines which you can look back fondly upon, but for the most part it's not hysterically memorable. That being said, there really isn't much wrong with it either. It's engaging, well cast, and amusing, so I'm giving it a light recommendation. However, I'm not guaranteeing that you'll love it, so don't blame me if you feel like your time was wasted. Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    [5.9] It's not a terrible movie, but its cast certainly doesn't make up for poor quality. The whole movie just gets more and more disappointing as you watch it and really has nothing to show for. It's boring, only occasionally funny, and rarely smart. Tower Heist is a failure, not a major failure, but it's easily forgettable.
  3. Aug 19, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto, no fue la gran pelicula pero me gusto, la vi como una pelicula que tuvo mas accion que comedia.No es la gran pelicula de Ben Stiller pero igual la vi buena.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    This is certainly one movie that isn't too funny the first time you see it. Once you see it a couple times though, you laugh more and more. This could be a farewell film to Eddie Murphy and Matthew Broderick, if so, then this is a good way to end a career. This is a funny movie that really utilizes the talents of Stiller, Murphy, and Broderick.
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    The best vigilante comedy made in a long time. The movie combines Ben Stiller's adult comedy with the Robin Hood type plot we all love. It is perfect.
  6. Mar 17, 2013
    Stiller takes the spotlight far too much but can't quite capture the excitement of his 'Tugg Speedman' days While Murphy proves he is back on form in this classic concept of thievery. Tower Heist can get confusing at times but the actors manage nail biting scenes and moments of action well. Everything feels balanced, not too over the top, not too risky. As a member of the audience, I was left wanting more. Overall, a very good action/comedy flick that lingers steps away from greatness. Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    I watched this movie not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. It may not be downright hilarious, but it is a very entertaining movie with plenty of plot twists you won't see coming. Ben Stiller gives a pretty solid performance and seems like one of his more serious roles believe it or not. Overall, I recommend this movie to friends and family who also say they enjoyed it. It is a very underrated movie. Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2013
    On the surface, Tower Heist appears to be nothing more than a stupid comedy about some pissed off employees, getting back at their rich bosses, that's kind of why I didn't want to see it. This movie did surprise me though, aside from it's lame jokes, there is substance here, which include a pretty good story and an interesting cast. Ben Stiller is terrific as usual, but Eddie Murphy was not. I was never a big fan to begin with, but in recent years he has completely lost the ability to be funny and carry a film, the way he did with the Beverly Hills Cop series. Usually Murphy is an asset, injecting humor into an otherwise dry plot, but here his appearance actually takes away from the film. His character is both forced and uninteresting and I'd go as far as to say that this movie would have been better, if Eddie Murphy's character was just eliminated altogether. As I said earlier, the previews don't do this film justice and if you base what you're going to watch solely on previews, than you probably didn't see Tower Heist, and you're missing out. It is an interesting movie, that's different, and has a couple of twists in the story. Not an award winner by any means, but it's certainly something that will entertain you for a couple of hours. Expand
  9. Feb 17, 2013
    That film is awesome. I would recommend it for anyone to watch it, buy it as a DVD or download it if it isn't shown in the cinema. The comedy in the film is awesome and the place where the film was shot was incredible. I gave it 9 out of 10 because i wanted it to be taller.(just because i loved it.)
  10. Dec 28, 2012
    Tower Heist borrows heavily from other (and better) films such as Ocean's Eleven and The Italian Job, but with a great cast and a solid script, this film makes for a very entertaining and satisfying experience.
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    Tower Heist is watchable if you have nothing better to do. It's not very funny, and it's not exciting at all. It really has no reason for being. The film defines the term mediocre.
  12. Nov 3, 2012
    Over all a film that had one or two moments but one which I didn
  13. Aug 29, 2012
    Thoroughly enjoyed this wild crazy caper. The cast was excellent. The screenplay not bad for the type of film it is and it held your attention. Mathew Broderick, Gabe Sidibe, Eddie Murphy were standouts as well as the rest of the supporting cast. Ben Stiller was restrained and that was good. Eddie Murphy was a little over the top but totally acceptable. Really a good film.
  14. Jun 12, 2012
    Tower Heist is a fun film but it doesn't leave a mark on cinematic history like Avatar or Deathly Hollows Pt 2. Which is good considering we're bombarded with a game changing blockbuster franchise every three monthes. Plot is good, Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy are back with picture perfect comedy after a failed few attempts, mostly from Murphy.The plot starts a little slow but gets going about 15-20 minutes in and gets more exciting every scene. The movie great for a rainy sunday afternoon or to watch with family or mates it might even make your DVD viewing rotation every now and again. Expand
  15. Jun 1, 2012
    Pretty good soft comedy, although I think they could have done a bit more work on the characters...I kept being reminded of Murphy's character from Trading Places without really liking him. Stiller role was decent sort of anal suit turned rebel by losing his job...wait a minute thinking Trading places again? Anyway that aside a decent riches to rags revenge comedy that did have some good jokes and action. Expand
  16. May 6, 2012
    This movie was... Eh... Decent. The only thing that made me give this a 7 and not a 5 were the voice actors I really, really liked.
    The story is pretty simple and well thought-out, but that's it. Nothing special.
  17. Apr 12, 2012
    Tower Heist is full of great performances and and a clever twist. The humor is mostly funny, but the story could've had some fine tuning. Overall, its a pretty cool film.
  18. Apr 4, 2012
    It's nothing original in the idea or setting of the movie (a group of people going against the odds to rob a corrupt rich guy), but it succeeds because of it's humor and likable characters, and the good writing also helps, honestly it's not the funniest movie out there but it did make me laugh, and I was also surprised at how good the supporting characters are, let's just say Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller wont be getting all the laughs, so in closing I do recommend this, it may not succeed in all it tries to do but it's funny and has heart, and is enjoyable from start to finish, a great movie. Expand
  19. Apr 4, 2012
    Es muy divertida, y es sorprendente ver como Murphy logra sacar carcajadas nuevamente. La verdad que el fue lo mas chistoso de la pelicula. Esta bastante buena, pero hay momentos en donde se requiere de un poco mas de chispa. Fue bastante entretenida...
  20. Mar 18, 2012
    This was a fun movie. I rate movies differently according to their genre, so this deserves a 7. It's a good, funny, family oriented comedy that will ensure a few laughs for everyone. Good plot line for a comedy, and it was well cast.
  21. Mar 16, 2012
    This movie is funny but it is very inappropriate and sometimes it is boring. It is also filled with action parts but it is still a very messy and weird kind of film. It is long but it is also a pretty good movie and most will enjoy it.
  22. Mar 11, 2012
    My husband and I seldom agree on a movie but we both found this movie entirely entertaining from start to finish..It had a portion that we were both trying to catch the car indeed great excitement. It was hilarious with no slap stick or abundance of filthy language which is indeed rare today. I would thorurgly recommend this movie to friends something I very seldom think of doing
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    This movie came to me as a total disappointment. The jokes weren't that funny, I only laughed like twice and the film all in all was just totally boring. There comes a movie once in a while that is just terrible and this was it.
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    Tower Heist may not be the top Comedy-Crime film but the wonderful cast made it pretty awesome . ok so at first the script ... I felt script was the weakest part of this film , the basic story was good , nothing new but good but they really should work on the techniques of robing , most of the techniques were so lame . Brett Ratner directing was good . No the awesome part , "The Cast" . No need to say anything about Ben , He is the best . Eddie "Axel" Murphy came back after a long time . This role remind me of his masterpiece Beverly Hills Cop (1,2) , it was good to see him again . Casey Affleck remind me of his Oceans role . Haven't seen Matthew Broderick like this in a really long time .Michael Peña was good in his role . Gabourey Sidibe was really funny & the beautiful Téa Leoni reminded me her role in Bad Boys , Its been 16 years but she is still so beautiful as she was then . Without this amazing cast, the film would go deep under water , So Deep . Expand
  25. Feb 28, 2012
    Tower Heist (2011): An extremely unfunny script with awkward pacing, weak characters and complete waste of actors. The film's only justification is to show Eddie Murphy and Matthew Broderick still can give decent comedic performances, it's a shame it's not a better movie for them.
  26. Feb 27, 2012
    It takes time for the laughs to start, but this is a really great movie that really shows how the guys at wall street may seem nice, while making things miserable for the middle class.
  27. Feb 25, 2012
    another stupid movie. Criminal activity from some idiots, trying to break into the hotel and steal the dudes golden car. Stupid. A Car made out of solid gold? I'm supposed to believe this **** The stupid car goes on top of the elevator, and they ride it up and down the building, while the cops are in the elevator? Also the car ius hanging form the edge of the building and the characters are hanging from the car, a thousand feet above the street? Horrible. Just a stupid movie,. Big budgets and everything for this **** Expand
  28. Feb 22, 2012
    Critics got this film so wrong, Its hilarious. The cast is solid through out, Its interesting to watch, and thankfully it doesnt become another sappy comedy with poor drama added in. I really enjoyed watching it.
  29. Feb 18, 2012
    I do not recommend wasting your time watching this movie, unless it is a last resort to save your self from worse parts of the internet. There is terrible comedy, and incoherent plot, characters are not clearly defined or very stereotypical contributing nothing new what so ever to the film industry.
  30. Feb 12, 2012
    It's great to see Eddie Murphy back in adult action again, and he does generate some good laughs. But don't expect a hip, intelligent caper flick. This is very middle of the road territory, so with suspense of high expectations it's fun and enjoyable. And I really liked the plot relevance to the Wall Street sociopaths that have been destroying our country, and the whole Robin Hood premise.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
    Nov 6, 2011
    Fun if uneven stuff from Ratner. A welcome return to form for Eddie Murphy and an even-more-welcome turn by the ever-excellent Alan Alda.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Nov 4, 2011
    As far as sophisticated caper flicks go, Tower Heist is oceans away from George Clooney's crew. Compared to other recent comedies, it's pretty light on the laughs.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Nov 4, 2011
    If this film turns out to be a big success, malls everywhere may want to hire more security.