9.0

1. Sep 15, 2011
    15 years has past, and my faith in Pixar did not break; "Toy Story 3" shakes the cinema as a groundbreaking masterpiece, a masterpiece pertaining the pure love and joy we rarely see in any kind of movies.
  2. BobH
    Jun 18, 2010
    This movie is a thing to behold. Don't be turned away from Toy Story 3 because a "3" is tacked on the end. This isn't just a movie about toys, it's a movie about genuine human emotions. Its funny, clever, sad, and enlightening. For an animated movie to have all of these characteristics and to surpass most movies I've seen lately is incredible. And tto add to that, the This movie is a thing to behold. Don't be turned away from Toy Story 3 because a "3" is tacked on the end. This isn't just a movie about toys, it's a movie about genuine human emotions. Its funny, clever, sad, and enlightening. For an animated movie to have all of these characteristics and to surpass most movies I've seen lately is incredible. And tto add to that, the animation is impeccable, the story is great, and the characters are lovable (old and new). A great way to end a great movie series. Expand
  3. Aug 26, 2010
    "Toy Story 3" knows precisely when to make you laugh and when to make you cry, and is bound to touch the hearts of anyone who has had to put their childhood behind them.
  4. Oct 27, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is one of those movies that you can watch and enjoy for the first minute to the last minute. The animation is superb, we came so far from the original graphically speaking. Kids will just eat this up, and adults will be amused by the older jokes. It is essential to have a copy of this movie, whether on disc or Netflix. I give this movie a 9.5, the score it deserves, because theToy Story 3 is one of those movies that you can watch and enjoy for the first minute to the last minute. The animation is superb, we came so far from the original graphically speaking. Kids will just eat this up, and adults will be amused by the older jokes. It is essential to have a copy of this movie, whether on disc or Netflix. I give this movie a 9.5, the score it deserves, because the movie really is wonderful. Expand
  5. Feb 17, 2013
    Toy Story 3 is the final chapter of the Toy Story franchise, or for now anyway. With Andy leaving for college, now in his late teens, his mother is urging him to get rid of his old toys before he leaves. When the gang of toys end up being mistakenly taken to a kindergarten play-centre instead of being left in the attic like they should have been they form a plan to get back home as quicklyToy Story 3 is the final chapter of the Toy Story franchise, or for now anyway. With Andy leaving for college, now in his late teens, his mother is urging him to get rid of his old toys before he leaves. When the gang of toys end up being mistakenly taken to a kindergarten play-centre instead of being left in the attic like they should have been they form a plan to get back home as quickly as possible. However they all realise that Andy will never play with them again, he is far to old to love them like he used to and they will just gather dust so staying in the play-centre is the better option. Its not until they are made unwelcome by the current residents of the kindergarten that they decide to put this plan into motion with less than successful results due to a grumpy old toy who was abandoned by their owner years ago.
    Toy Story 3 is a great conclusion to the amazing coming of age saga that has been the Toy Story series. The sound and animation is just as great as usual, the old characters are still cool and the new characters are well introduced and likeable. Whether Toy Story still has a future is unknown but for the last 15 years toy story provided us with one of the best animated tales ever created and that by itself is a reason to celebrate.
  6. OmarG.
    Jun 18, 2010
    Have you ever watched a movie that took you back to your childhood and brought back those feelings of innocence you had as a child? It's that kind of movie magic that fills the screen for the entire movie. A truly magnificent work of art.
  7. ColeP
    Jun 18, 2010
    Truly a masterpiece of storytelling and animation. Pixar's triumphant closing title to their landmark trilogy is a metaphor on life, telling us all (especially those of us who grew up with it) to treat each other with kindness respect, even when we are not getting it in return. See it in 2D, 3D is a gimmick and a headache!
  8. BennettT
    Jun 18, 2010
    Excellent sequel. Another outstanding Pixar movie. Some scenes may be too scary for 6 or under, 7 and up to senior citizens will love this film. Never a wasted moment, scene, or line of dialog; Toy Story 3 is worthy of an Academy Award for Best Movie of the Year award.
  9. NelsonP.
    Jun 18, 2010
    I don't know why I was even I even get surprised anymore with Pixar. All they make are good to absolute masterpiece movies. Toy Story 3 is not only the best of the trilogy, but quite possibly the best of all the Pixar movies.
  10. Julius
    Jun 19, 2010
    Fantastic movie - I saw it with my grown children, all veterans of the previous movies and we all enjoyed it immensely. it was inventive, fun, touching, thrilling and poignant. i could see it again right now.
  11. PhilM
    Jun 21, 2010
    A very good film. I was 4 when the first 'Toy Story' came out, and I'm now 19, and about to begin University, so mine and Andy's situations are fairly similar. While I am not nearly as sentimental about my old toys as Andy is-to be honest I barely remember them- I relate to his childhood nostalgia. And to nostalgia for Toy Story, of course. Apparently, one of the major A very good film. I was 4 when the first 'Toy Story' came out, and I'm now 19, and about to begin University, so mine and Andy's situations are fairly similar. While I am not nearly as sentimental about my old toys as Andy is-to be honest I barely remember them- I relate to his childhood nostalgia. And to nostalgia for Toy Story, of course. Apparently, one of the major themes of the film is growing up and the impermanence of life; well, I've only really become aware of the passing of time recently, because I'm now at the age where enough time has passed for me to notice the changes since childhood. This movie speaks to my current zeitgeist, and that of quite a few other people I'm sure. Expand
  12. ScottP
    Jun 22, 2010
    This is a really enjoyable movie for everyone in the family. I didn't expect anything less from Pixar.
  13. JadD.
    Jun 28, 2010
    A truly touching movie. I found it made good, fun and original references to the earlier movies. The movie left we the my good memories of all the old toys. The comedy is simple, good, and fresh. I felt like this sequel tooks its time and ended the trilogy in the best way leaving nothing behind, including old characters.
  14. DRomich
    Jun 28, 2010
    Pixar does it again! They are not only the best animation studio but one of the best studio's period in crafting a story and characters people care about; while keeping things fun.
  15. Aug 12, 2010
    Although so many have said it was less inspiring or under par compared to 1 and 2. I would have to say i whole hearted disagree. I loved the first two and how the characters just bought you back to childhood. But I would have to say number 3 delivered more laughs and although more directed towards an older audience it outclassed the originals if only by a small margin.
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    Toy Story 3 was the best sequel compare to the same Toy Story 2 that there are both best sequels ever,since Star Wars Original Trilogy. I love this movie and I really love it to watch this. The images are pretty good to watch and they did a lot of work with the animation and they also did a lot of work with the better story. This is the last trilogy that they made the best animation filmToy Story 3 was the best sequel compare to the same Toy Story 2 that there are both best sequels ever,since Star Wars Original Trilogy. I love this movie and I really love it to watch this. The images are pretty good to watch and they did a lot of work with the animation and they also did a lot of work with the better story. This is the last trilogy that they made the best animation film ever. The Toy Story saga is complete and we will remember three movies at our hearts. Expand
  17. Oct 20, 2010
    Disney strikes a 3rd knockout Toy Story picture with Toy Story 3, though seemingly lacking something from the other 2 films, it is still likely to be one of the best films of the new decade.
  18. Aug 25, 2010
    Quite simply one of the best film Ive seen this year. Packed with that Pixar goodness. surprise cameos and a perfect mix of a lost childhood, showing the situation from different aspects. With creative, loveable and well done characters and animations, Toy Story 3 lives up to the first two films, and even outshines them.
  19. Aug 27, 2010
    Pixar makes yet another great film. Toy Story 3 presents us with the idea of growing up and moving on with life. And this is heartbreaking but you empathise and journey back to your own experiences with growing up. In some ways, itâ
  20. Oct 28, 2010
    Don't walk away from this movie. it has heart, emotion, slapstick humor, and very lovable characters. Toy Story 3 is a huge hit and its one of the best movies ever made to gain 1 billion dollars (beating Avatar in one shot).
  21. Nov 19, 2010
    I loved the first and the second. The third one is just hilarious . I was waiting what the plot was going to be like and I just loved it. It was worth waiting eleven years to finally see how toy story ends. The most surprising fact was that I cried like a baby.
  22. Nov 26, 2010
    I have never before been so emotionally invested in a movie before. I've started to sleep with my teddy again, so he never feels like they do. Toy Story 3 is a beautiful story, and while it's not a perfect 10, it's as close as it gets!
  23. Feb 13, 2011
    This is probably the best movie I ever watched. It was funny and emotional at the same time. I'll miss Toy Story.
  24. Jun 27, 2012
    Pixar has made 11 great films (minus Cars 2) and this is the best by far. Made me cry and made me laugh and was beautifully written and was just lovely to watch. I really have to stand and applaud Pixar for making such an incredible film.
  25. Mar 11, 2013
    I wasn't going to rate this movie with a 10 but in the end, it got me and it got me all emotional which movies usually don't do as I usually get bored towards the end. Not Toy Story 3, there is never a dull moment and even though it's completely fantastic, you find yourself willingly spending your disbelief without even thinking about it. This is exactly what a good movie should be like, aI wasn't going to rate this movie with a 10 but in the end, it got me and it got me all emotional which movies usually don't do as I usually get bored towards the end. Not Toy Story 3, there is never a dull moment and even though it's completely fantastic, you find yourself willingly spending your disbelief without even thinking about it. This is exactly what a good movie should be like, a spectacle from start to finish. I watched Toy Story 1 when I was young and now I'm watching Toy Story 3 while I'm an adult and I can't help but notice just how well the series has aged. They're tackling some very mature subject matter yet without any bloodshed or nudity. Chapeau! Expand
  26. Aug 11, 2011
    This movie is funny, exciting, dramatic (at times) and heartfelt because BOY DID I CRY. It may have been even better than The Social Network and stood up to all heavyweight films of 2010
  27. Nov 3, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is a heartfelt, highly original and creative family-friendly flick. One of Pixar's best, and a nice send off to a classic trilogy. 4/4 stars.
  28. Jan 13, 2012
    Toy Story 3 is not only hilarious but emotionally resonant as well, you will find yourself crying at many parts in this film and the movie features great voice acting and dazzling animation only push the film to an even higher note. I give this movie a fantastic and very rare 100%.
  29. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this film. I was a Toy Story fan when I was 5,6 years old, and when I watched this movie at the age of 12, I felt I was going through the time, although in my opinion, this movie is even better. I love the new characters, because they are very different. I also like the ending. 10 out of 10 marks because it's perfect
  30. Mar 6, 2012
    If you are around the age of 20 and have seen Toy Story 1 and 2; I think its impossible to not love this movie.
    Its beautiful. And its an experience that you can only get if you followed the movie from the start to this, which is a true shame for the future generations.
  31. Mar 24, 2012
    The other 2 toy story's were great but this one takes the cake. Never has a film felt so real with its characters even though they were just toys an achievement like no other for pixar. the ending is classic and will leave some in tears. one of the best pictures of the year
  32. Apr 3, 2012
    It is amazing to witness an animated movie that is so powerful. It has a very human connection about it. This was clearly the best of the series. It hit all the right notes and is strikingly emotional.
  33. Jan 23, 2013
    The perfect ending to a perfect trilogy. The ending had me sobbing over toys like a child. I don't think any other movies, besides Star Wars, have shaped my life the way Toy Story has.
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    A heartwarming and hilarious movie experience. This movie goes infinity and beyond
  35. Dec 20, 2012
    The only real flaw for this movie... Hmmm, are there not any flaws? Nope! This movie is a classic in my book. Marvelous, magical, and endearing...almost flawless!
  36. Dec 8, 2012
    This film is absolutely perfect! Perfect not only in the way it was the perfect ending to the Toy Story trilogy, but perfect as a film in general. Every second was so deep and meaningful beyond belief, it's means much more than just the animation. Brilliant!

One of the best film of 2010! Truly, this film is one the top films of the year right alongside The Social Network and The King's Speech. This film is pure gold!

Pixar's finest accomplishment!
  37. Feb 25, 2013
    Such a beautiful movie. We are know that the toys followed us when we were a child. This movies made toys come alive. This movies made us reminded when we were a child and how we felt when we loves toys
  38. Feb 5, 2013
    It closes the circle as one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time, for me at least. I was somewhat anxious how this would turn out but I should have trusted that Pixar is full of talented storytellers. It's hard to pick which movies in the series is my favorite but they are equally great.
  39. Oct 17, 2013
    Pixar with "Toy Story 3" had its grand zenith. Toy Story trilogy is so: "Toy Story" good, "Toy Story 2" better and "Toy Story 3" best. This film is one of best film ever.
  40. Nov 2, 2013
    Toy Story went down each time, and the long hiatus didn't help. I still found all the characters funny, charming, and raucous. 'Toy Story 3' became more childish than the previous two, which relied on a smarter breed of comedy. But its still enjoyable but I hope there's no 4, because without Andy, there's no plot.
  41. Mar 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was okay, but it is my least favourite in the TS franchise. I thought it ruined the series. The new characters were okay in design, but when it comes to heart (polite or rude) THEY WERE TERRIBLE!! Well, at least Lotso, and his minions. And what is Barbie and Ken doing here? This is a movie you should try to avoid unless you really really love the series. The story was kinda crappy. This movie could've been the end if it wasn't for the 3 Aliens, so thank them. Disney, Pixar, don't make Toy Story 4 wourse. This is as high 5/10 as I go. Not going any further or above. Andy has also grown too, and gave all the toys away to Bonnie. Expand
  42. AlexC
    Jun 18, 2010
    Easily tops Toy Story 1, and 2. One of pixars finest! BRAVO!
  43. Jan 9, 2011
    It's unbelievable how good this film is. It's a rare occurrence where a franchise of three films have been consecutively good box office and critic wise. Definitely worth the watch and worth the eleven years of waiting for this masterpiece of animation.
  44. SunnyC
    Jun 18, 2010
    Pixar has managed to take perfection and bottle it within 2 hours of the most riveting storytelling I've ever seen.
  45. Nov 19, 2010
    When i was little i thought that the Toy Story franchise will never come back, but they did and boy they hit me hard with good old childhood memories. This movie is the best in its series and is one of my all time favorites. So if your not doing anything, you need to watch Toy Story 3.
  46. HyperS
    Jun 23, 2010
    Toy Story 2 worked so well because the new toys and their relationship to the main character(s) were compelling (Woody's Roundup). They made you cry and laugh all at the same time while having a sense of belonging and purpose. The main cast of toys also had to deal with complex issues which brought a more relate-able feel to their plight and subsequent resolve. This movie lacks all Toy Story 2 worked so well because the new toys and their relationship to the main character(s) were compelling (Woody's Roundup). They made you cry and laugh all at the same time while having a sense of belonging and purpose. The main cast of toys also had to deal with complex issues which brought a more relate-able feel to their plight and subsequent resolve. This movie lacks all that. The new characters are not likable (pink bear + big baby) and serve little purpose other than the movie needs a villain. The main group of toys are back of course, but this time are just put through cliche Hollywood action/escape sequences for the majority of the movie with no relationship issues. So what we are essentially left with is Toy Story 2 (with Woody's role switched with the rest of the toys), but with a dose of "why should we care we've seen this exact same thing already only better executed." Don't get me wrong this is not a bad movie (there are gags to pass the time), but for the first time Toy Story felt stale (same plot disguised as a new movie with nothing new to offer). The last 5-10 minutes of the film, however, I thought were great and recaptured the essence of the first two films. Too bad there wasn't more of that. Definitely go watch it, but just realize you're witnessing the end of the Toy Story franchise. The writers had and have nothing left to offer. Expand
  47. Nov 26, 2010
    This the just most epic animated movie bar none, and that feels like an understatement. From start to finish, this film delivers unrivalled quality of storytelling, excitement and humour. This was pretty much the perfect end to Pixar's most loved movie series and still excellent as a stand alone film. Toy Story 3 is one of those few animated films that has everything an audience canThis the just most epic animated movie bar none, and that feels like an understatement. From start to finish, this film delivers unrivalled quality of storytelling, excitement and humour. This was pretty much the perfect end to Pixar's most loved movie series and still excellent as a stand alone film. Toy Story 3 is one of those few animated films that has everything an audience can possibly ask for. It surpasses the likes of Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda, Finding Nemo and Lion King to show exactly what the people behind Pixar are capable of. (I know the mentioned films are not made by Pixar except for finding nemo). It may have been 10 years since its predecessor but the wait was definitely worth it. Toy Story 3 could very well be the film of this year and should easily be the best animated feature film in 2010. Expand
  48. TeganM
    Jun 18, 2010
    Make way to movie of the year? Yes Pixar has done it again, toy story 3 is in a class of it's own!
  49. Aug 13, 2010
    Toy Story 3 had a lot to live up to, but Pixar delivered-as expected. I absolutely loved it! You'll laugh, cry, and share tender moments with these toys who have grown up with us since the late 90's. It's the darkest Pixar film yet, but it delivers on all fronts. The 3-D version is useless, though. I recommend seeing it in 2-D. Anyways, go see this film. Give it a chance. I promiseToy Story 3 had a lot to live up to, but Pixar delivered-as expected. I absolutely loved it! You'll laugh, cry, and share tender moments with these toys who have grown up with us since the late 90's. It's the darkest Pixar film yet, but it delivers on all fronts. The 3-D version is useless, though. I recommend seeing it in 2-D. Anyways, go see this film. Give it a chance. I promise you that you won't regret it. Oh, and by the way, Ken and Buzz Lightyear (Spanish Version) steal the show. You'll know what I mean by that when you see it. A 10/10. Expand
  50. Dec 22, 2012
    Toy Story is my all time favorite Disney movie and will always have a special place in my heart. When I first heard about this, I was ecstatic as most of us were. I don't know if it's just me though, but it felt like something was missing or I just didn't enjoy it as much as a kid would. Toy Story 3 isn't just for kids though, it's for everyone, especially those that grew up with it willToy Story is my all time favorite Disney movie and will always have a special place in my heart. When I first heard about this, I was ecstatic as most of us were. I don't know if it's just me though, but it felt like something was missing or I just didn't enjoy it as much as a kid would. Toy Story 3 isn't just for kids though, it's for everyone, especially those that grew up with it will be really impacted by this movie. Your kids will love it, and so will teens and adults alike. Expand
  51. BrianI
    Jun 20, 2010
    This movie was rather disappointing in my opinion. I am a huge fan of TS and TS2, but I thought the current rendition wastes endless potential by trying to make too many references to the past two movies. The end result is a slap-dash compilation of previous gag crutches and slapstick. The few humorous AND original scenes to be found are fleeting, but nonetheless, remain memorable. This movie was rather disappointing in my opinion. I am a huge fan of TS and TS2, but I thought the current rendition wastes endless potential by trying to make too many references to the past two movies. The end result is a slap-dash compilation of previous gag crutches and slapstick. The few humorous AND original scenes to be found are fleeting, but nonetheless, remain memorable. Overall, it was tiresome wading through so much frantic rehashing to get that rare breath of originality, but those moments are worth seeing. Sort of a toss up! Expand
  52. Jul 24, 2011
    Toy Story 3 managed to continue the excellent streak of the "Toy Story" series! Not only is the animation simply impeccable, but all of the technical aspects of the film just work perfectly. The story, just like the previous two, is amazingly fresh, interesting and highly engaging. What always surprises me with such animated films is the level of emotional depth that they manage to delveToy Story 3 managed to continue the excellent streak of the "Toy Story" series! Not only is the animation simply impeccable, but all of the technical aspects of the film just work perfectly. The story, just like the previous two, is amazingly fresh, interesting and highly engaging. What always surprises me with such animated films is the level of emotional depth that they manage to delve into. I still prefer Wall-E (I think no animated film ever will top that one for me), but Toy Story 3 is all about friendship, loyalty and trust - just what we need to remind ourselves nowadays. Amazingly beautiful, exciting, entertaining, and educational, "Toy Story 3" manages to bring yet another generation of kids under its wing, keeping (and even widening) the love we, who grew up with it, had for the first two films. Excellent! Expand
  53. Sep 13, 2010
    Pixar (unsurprising) has done it again, made a movie so good that you don't want the damn movie to end, ever. "Toy Story 3" has all the hallmarks of a Toy Story film; familiar characters, gut busting jokes, top-notch animation, and excellent voice acting. What really sets this one apart is the emotional factor in this film, a thundering ending that will leave you undoubtedly in tears.Pixar (unsurprising) has done it again, made a movie so good that you don't want the damn movie to end, ever. "Toy Story 3" has all the hallmarks of a Toy Story film; familiar characters, gut busting jokes, top-notch animation, and excellent voice acting. What really sets this one apart is the emotional factor in this film, a thundering ending that will leave you undoubtedly in tears. Transcending the previous efforts and coming out as unapologetically dark, "Toy Story 3" will rock you to your core. Expand
  54. Dec 3, 2010
    A true masterpiece and the best movie of 2010! Thank you Pixar for introducing us into their magical world back in 1995, giving us an amazing sequel in 1999, and ending the trilogy on a very high note in 2010!
  55. Mar 4, 2012
    This movie is just awesome no matter your age. The story is fantastic~! And the animation is excellent. Pixar has delivered again. It is rare to see such movies made anymore. I think that this film will be a future classic!
  56. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great trilogy of animated films. It feels like I grew up with these movies, I was around Andy's age when the first movie came out and now I'm in college like he is now. It's my favorite of the 3.
  57. Jan 31, 2013
    The third best animated film of all time.
  58. Feb 28, 2015
    This film is mediocre at best. It wasn't good at all. I really liked the first 2 Toy Stories but this was a big disappointment. The voice acting was fine, but it was too scary for it's age group. If you loved the first 2, then give it a shot, but you probably won't enjoy it that much. Otherwise, skip it. Also it's HIGHLY overrated.
  59. Oct 7, 2012
    Heavily overrated movie! Seriously, this isn't enjoyable for neither kids nor grown-ups. For the younger ones it will probably be scary and also recondite; for the elder ones, it's a too long and too childish motion picture. 'Toy Story 3' didn't make me laugh one single time and the scenes ought to be sad, didn't touch me (don't call me heartless, it's just not serious!). Also theHeavily overrated movie! Seriously, this isn't enjoyable for neither kids nor grown-ups. For the younger ones it will probably be scary and also recondite; for the elder ones, it's a too long and too childish motion picture. 'Toy Story 3' didn't make me laugh one single time and the scenes ought to be sad, didn't touch me (don't call me heartless, it's just not serious!). Also the animations are not better than in the first two movies, which date back more than 10 years!
    Okay: It's not that bad, it's a likeable family story, but on the otherside a gratuitous film.
  60. Jan 21, 2015
    I was on the wrong side of this film. I felt toy story 3 was a huge step back from its predecessors. But it's not just the worst of the trilogy, it's also one of Pixar's least innovative films. After an interesting start it seemed to be overloaded with plot devices - from Andy's mom mixing the toys with trash, to rest of the toys disagreeing with Woody (given he's always been right in theI was on the wrong side of this film. I felt toy story 3 was a huge step back from its predecessors. But it's not just the worst of the trilogy, it's also one of Pixar's least innovative films. After an interesting start it seemed to be overloaded with plot devices - from Andy's mom mixing the toys with trash, to rest of the toys disagreeing with Woody (given he's always been right in the past), to the spying monkey, to buzz's spanish configuration, to Lotso's back story etc. It just recycles the ideas from Toy Story 2 (which in my opinion is still the best of the three). I liked the premise of the film just that its very poorly executed. Okay, the ending was touching but people seem to forget that everything before the ending was mediocrity. Overall as a film, it's not nearly as good as I would've liked. Expand
  61. Aug 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Toy Story 3 is a time capsule of a movie. I remeber growing up back in the 90s and Toy Story was the big deal for children. Woody, Buzz Lightyear and co. have been taken to a day care in this installment of the Toy Story trilogy. This was of course an accident caused by Andy's mum.

The day care is ruled by a bear who smells of Strawberries "Lotso". I don't want give anything else away so I'll just say my honest thoughts and that'll be it. PIXAR's best since LAST YEAR'S UP. Geez, PIXAR keeps making masterpieces frequently. Wall-E was perfect as well as Ratatouille, Up, Toy Story 1,2 and 3, Monster's Inc., and The Incredibles with the exception of A Bugs Life and Cars which were the only disappointing ones on my list.

PIXAR's done another funny, emotional and exciting as hell masterpiece. Should be nominated for best picture. Hell with that, IT SHOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Apr 23, 2014
    Heartwarming? Inspiring? Emotional depth? Shoot me now. These terms belong to other wonderful Disney movies, but not this outcast. I will admit that the first Toy Story was marginal, but the sequels are just pure trash with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top to distract you. The third one is formulaic, manipulative, and annoyingly written.
  63. Jun 2, 2011
    can't escape the feeling that Toy Story 3 is being terribly overrated by critics and moviegoers alike. Critics are calling it "heartbreaking" and "inspiring", and a movie critic from NYT even went as far as calling it "a deep, complex take on mortality". Seriously? Personally, I found Toy Story 3 of being a surprisingly formulaic and unappealing movie of the following reasons. Firstly, thecan't escape the feeling that Toy Story 3 is being terribly overrated by critics and moviegoers alike. Critics are calling it "heartbreaking" and "inspiring", and a movie critic from NYT even went as far as calling it "a deep, complex take on mortality". Seriously? Personally, I found Toy Story 3 of being a surprisingly formulaic and unappealing movie of the following reasons. Firstly, the same story formula is being recycled for the third time! Just like in the other two movies, the toys are separated from Andy. Overall, the plot just feels like one big excuse to move the characters from the backdrop of Andy's room to the daycare center where the story is being transformed into a prison break parody, filled with plot-twists, slapstick humor and gay-jokes, directly aimed at the adults in the audience. But the worst thing is that this movie isn't treating the characters with respect. Rather than having them develop beyond the minimal standard required for the plot, the directors focused more on having them do stupid things and end up in stupid situations. There are about a dozen different toys in the series now, most of which only functions as comic relief characters that stick around in the background. The majority of these toys spend more times being chewed on by drooling babies than showing any character development, whatsoever. Buzz and Woody are really the only ones worth mentioning, which is sad, because both Woody and Buzz are terribly simplistic in this third installment. Woody is the same few-worded, whiny character he was in the other two movies. But it's okay. He doesn't change because the plot requires him to stay the same. But Woody was never the star of this series. It was the space ranger, Buzz, who stole the show back in 1995. In Toy Story 3, the ugly doll is reduced to pure, stupid and brain-dead entertainment. The only character development Buzz Lightyear demonstrates isn't more complex than the switching on the button in his back. He spends the majority of the movie in "demo-mode", delivering catchphrases and references to his delusional space-persona. And it's funny about the first time he does it and not quite as funny about the tenth time. And he spends the rest of the movie as a surprisingly distasteful and offensive Spanish stereotype. And really, oh so devoted Pixarfans, doesn't the fact that the directors would take Buzz Lightyear and change him so carelessly in the film speak volumes of their indifference to their own characters' personalities? I just can't figure out what, if anything, makes this movie so good. From my point of view, It is terrible! And it becomes even more staggering when you think about how other animated movies, personal favorites that are by far more sophisticated and complex; Like How to Train Your Dragon and Bolt, are being pushed in the background to make way for the unyielding glorification of Pixar. Okay, both of these movies have been met fairly well by critics, particularly Dragon, but none of them have received the attention Toy Story 3 received, despite being more deserving. My personal favorite, Bolt, was very underrated, almost overlooked, when realized back in 2008. Expand
  64. Oct 11, 2010
    Did they need to make this movie? No. Will you feel emotionally invested in the movie by its end? Absolutely. Has it simply been too many years since the previous movies to enjoy this movie fully? I think so... It just didn't feel fresh from beginning to end, and I can't award a movie for best ending. Sorry.
  65. Mar 23, 2013
    One Of Pixars Overrated Movies.. When Noone Know's What Studio Ghibli Is...
    Even Though This Film Is Very Un-Original It's Still Charming..
  66. Dec 11, 2010
    We feel this movie might make kids was to kill themselves. This series has always been depressing and nothing you can actually take home with you. Yeah it's got the whole cast back which was long awaiting. This series started off a lot of the CG genre, but there's nothing to actually make you feel good about yourself. If you're sadistic and want your kids or other peoples kids to cry, sureWe feel this movie might make kids was to kill themselves. This series has always been depressing and nothing you can actually take home with you. Yeah it's got the whole cast back which was long awaiting. This series started off a lot of the CG genre, but there's nothing to actually make you feel good about yourself. If you're sadistic and want your kids or other peoples kids to cry, sure get the movie, but look at it emotionally and mental wise. Is it healthy for your kid to see that stuff? 'Yeah look another funny movie with cool stuff in it, oh wait my kids crying?' Thanks Disney, just like Wall-e kill that main cast member, put some more depression in kids lives. No, this movie wasn't great besides the 3D and CG effects. Expand
  67. MikeC
    Mediocre at best.
  68. chaosatom
    Jun 19, 2010
    It's a solid movie. The beginning short clip is amazing. Overall, I say it falls under Rataouille and UP, which were surprise packages but the movie is very engaging.
  69. Trevor
    Jun 25, 2010
    Very good movie, and a must see for whoever grew up loving the first and second. I was 5 when the first came out, and watching this was a tribute to my childhood. The nostalgia of it was overwhelming! Not quite as good as the first two, but still hits the same emotional chords. They just didn't make humanity quite so "creepy" in this one, which was always a huge part of the first Very good movie, and a must see for whoever grew up loving the first and second. I was 5 when the first came out, and watching this was a tribute to my childhood. The nostalgia of it was overwhelming! Not quite as good as the first two, but still hits the same emotional chords. They just didn't make humanity quite so "creepy" in this one, which was always a huge part of the first two. A great movie all in all, so go out and see it! Great ending to a great franchise! Expand
  70. JayD
    Jun 21, 2010
    A masterpiece could have been perfect if ended with incerator would have been beautifully tragic and yet an instant classic.
  71. DylanM
    Jun 26, 2010
    How anyone can come up with sequels of this quality is beyond me.
  72. ChrisG
    Jun 27, 2010
    Very worthy successor to TS's 1 & 2.... Only complaint? The 3D had virtually no 3D... See the 2D version and save money... That said.... I am so glad that Pixar Films exists... They've single-handedly kept alive the notion that films needn't be dark, gloomy ultra-violent nonsense to keep your attention. Only 2 films in their catalogue, Monsters Inc., and Cars aren't up Very worthy successor to TS's 1 & 2.... Only complaint? The 3D had virtually no 3D... See the 2D version and save money... That said.... I am so glad that Pixar Films exists... They've single-handedly kept alive the notion that films needn't be dark, gloomy ultra-violent nonsense to keep your attention. Only 2 films in their catalogue, Monsters Inc., and Cars aren't up to snuff with what is otherwise the most consistent, clever and awesome catalog of work. Bravo Pixar. A great send-off to the series, and my favorite of the 3. Expand
  73. SvenS
    Jun 26, 2010
    Toy Story 3 was an average children's movie. In my opinion it is no where near as good as previous PIxar films Up and The Incredilbles. Now don't get me wrong it is not a bad movie, it simply is not a great movie. A week after seeing the movie I have a hard time recalling anything from the film that truly stood out or that was all that memorable. Also if you do go see this movie Toy Story 3 was an average children's movie. In my opinion it is no where near as good as previous PIxar films Up and The Incredilbles. Now don't get me wrong it is not a bad movie, it simply is not a great movie. A week after seeing the movie I have a hard time recalling anything from the film that truly stood out or that was all that memorable. Also if you do go see this movie do not bother with the 3D and see it in 2D instead, I did not find that the 3D added anything to the film other than to my ticket price. Expand
  74. Nov 28, 2010
    Disney obviously had nothing to do with this film. Ever since Walt Disney died the Disney channel has become the Pedophile network, and they have not produced a single thing of any real value. They shouldn't be able to put there logo on this one. They may have produced this movie, but Pixar pretty much owns Disney now, so I don't see the point. Anyway, this was a prefect family film, mustDisney obviously had nothing to do with this film. Ever since Walt Disney died the Disney channel has become the Pedophile network, and they have not produced a single thing of any real value. They shouldn't be able to put there logo on this one. They may have produced this movie, but Pixar pretty much owns Disney now, so I don't see the point. Anyway, this was a prefect family film, must be watched with children though, otherwise its just not the same movie.Thank you Pixar for creating a perfect ending to a great family franchise. You have once again shown your class, and skill. Expand
  75. Jan 18, 2011
    Toy Story 3 edges out "How to Train Your Dragon" for best animated movie of the year. It's my favorite Pixar film since "Ratatouille". You would think some staleness would start to set in since this is the third Toy Story, but not so. Not only is Pixar the best at writing original scripts for animation, they are the best at getting great performances from the voice actors. TheseToy Story 3 edges out "How to Train Your Dragon" for best animated movie of the year. It's my favorite Pixar film since "Ratatouille". You would think some staleness would start to set in since this is the third Toy Story, but not so. Not only is Pixar the best at writing original scripts for animation, they are the best at getting great performances from the voice actors. These characters have real personalities. The dialogue is realistic, the pace frantic. LOVE the mean cymbal playing monkey! That was the biggest laugh I've had at the movies in awhile. The ending was perfect. Expand
  76. Oct 23, 2010
    Watching the film I felt sentimental and enjoyed seeing the characters back on the screen, but as I left the theatre I felt unsatisfied that what I'd seen was a true Toy Story picture. For me, it just felt quite rushed and haphazard.
  77. Nov 2, 2010
    I have never been a really big fan of Pixar's animated movies. It has never been the quality or the writing; it just has to do mostly with the subject matter or the overly cartoony look of it all. It just doesn't appeal to me. Toy Story was an excellent movie, while 2 could be considered a bit less accomplished, and usually it just gets worse from there. Luckily the people at PixarI have never been a really big fan of Pixar's animated movies. It has never been the quality or the writing; it just has to do mostly with the subject matter or the overly cartoony look of it all. It just doesn't appeal to me. Toy Story was an excellent movie, while 2 could be considered a bit less accomplished, and usually it just gets worse from there. Luckily the people at Pixar have a high stamp of quality in pretty much all their products, and not just from a visual point of view. Toy Story 3 is an amazing movie that takes you back to a time when everything was new and you could swear that your toys were alive. The movie could have been anything but good. It could have been an easy cash grab for Pixar; they could have done it for the money. Instead they decided to end (?) their series in rare form these days: on an incredibly high note. The story tackles some very serious issues in regards to growing up and moving on with life, and gave me many flashbacks of how I felt as a child. It's a very special thing to find something that moves you like this, much less from a bunch of animated polygons, but Toy Story 3 (and pretty much all the Pixar movies) are some of the very best at conveying the emotion needed to portray their characters as real beings with complex emotions and motivations. The voice acting, with Hanks, Allen, and the rest of the cast (most of them) return as if no time has passed, sliding into their roles effortlessly. It's a very satisfying thing after all this time to hear Woody's voice again; I didn't realize just how much I had missed it. I don't think there was much that I didn't like about this one, although some children may have some issues with the darker parts of the movie, which I actually applaud Pixar for delving into, it's nothing a nice parent to child dialogue can't work out. All in all this is a great way to end a series (if it is at an end, and I hope this is the case), as a class act like this can teach other potentials just how the final movie should be. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2010
    Pleasant enough but not fresh like we have come to expect from Pixar. Maybe it has simply been too many years between movies, but I really feel it was lacking originality and energy.
  79. Jan 5, 2011
    Amazing! It's the word that comes to mind, not just for the movie itself, but for the brilliant work Disney did in taking an already immediate classic, collecting its treasures, and then expanding upon them in ways unimaginable in a launching of their third film: "Toy Story 3." The plot feels fresh and keen, usually uncharacteristic of a continuation. There are no signs of unfunny,Amazing! It's the word that comes to mind, not just for the movie itself, but for the brilliant work Disney did in taking an already immediate classic, collecting its treasures, and then expanding upon them in ways unimaginable in a launching of their third film: "Toy Story 3." The plot feels fresh and keen, usually uncharacteristic of a continuation. There are no signs of unfunny, moronic, paltry humor and adages but rather laughs brought on by the conduction of its characters. The way the film conveys human emotion is done so fluently that you can't help but draw a tear when the characters do. Many times in modern animated cinema, characters seem aloof and disconnected from the live voice they are given. This is what sets "Toy Story 3" apart from those doll-faced, skin-deep wastes of filmic expression. The depth of each character is such a marvel to watch, that if too consumed, the viewer can neglect such extraordinarily fine and often surreptitious detail displayed in the same scene. The "movie of all ages" feature is also topnotch as the kids can comprehend the outward action as the adults can take in the deep, subliminal thematic situations and humor. After viewing "Toy Story 3" you come to the realization that life, like a playroom, is a place where we interact, learn, fail, succeed, are sad, happy, and then are used up. Like Woody, Buzz, and the gang, we all fear the day where we will be replaced or "thrown in the trash bag." This is just one of the many conceptual and mundane themes that people relate to from "Toy Story 3," Absolute treat for anyone! 5/5 stars. Expand
  80. Jan 20, 2011
    THE MATRIX is the best action movie ever made in my list. When Matrix released on its time, thiz movie created many breakthrough on world cinema. Directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski, who is just recently popular in thiz movie. They just known previously as small budget film Director, BOUND (1996). Later, the movie has two more sequels MATRIX RELOADED and MATRIX REVOLUTION in 2003. You canTHE MATRIX is the best action movie ever made in my list. When Matrix released on its time, thiz movie created many breakthrough on world cinema. Directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski, who is just recently popular in thiz movie. They just known previously as small budget film Director, BOUND (1996). Later, the movie has two more sequels MATRIX RELOADED and MATRIX REVOLUTION in 2003. You can almost classify the Stars of thiz movie as B-Class Casts, except Keanu Reeves, but still the outcome is beyond the expectations. Each of the characters like: Neo (Keanu Reeves), Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) , even the villain Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) already become a legendary icon in the industries. One of the fervencies of thiz movie is on the action scene. The fight scene is something new and different, which follows later by other movies. Behind that extraordinary fight scene is well-known Martial Arts Choreographer, Yuen Woo Ping. Woo Ping is the man behind CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON(2000), KILL BILL (2003),THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM (2008), even Jackie Chan classic action SNAKE IN THE EAGLE SHADOW (1978). His experiences in a lot of Asian movies made him effective. The movie definitely exceed beyond our imagination. In fact, many people did not understand entirely the story of THE MATRIX, there are still many blank spot to question about. The Content of the movie fills with great philosophies inside. It seemed to me Wachowski Brothers discovered successfully how to make a brilliant concept from some of religions. The essence is not that simple as appear to be, Actually we will always have something new, every time we watch it.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  81. May 20, 2011
    Don't get me wrong didn't think it was bad, Just didnt feel as fresh as the first 2, no new significant characters and just a bit formulaic felt like ive seen most of it all before especially compared to the 2nd one. eg toys not being played with as much, toys mistakenly get lost, toys find a nice place with nice other toy , turns out to be bad, toys have to find why back, ect. strangelyDon't get me wrong didn't think it was bad, Just didnt feel as fresh as the first 2, no new significant characters and just a bit formulaic felt like ive seen most of it all before especially compared to the 2nd one. eg toys not being played with as much, toys mistakenly get lost, toys find a nice place with nice other toy , turns out to be bad, toys have to find why back, ect. strangely started to get a bit morbid aswell towards the end. not sure if im too old for them anymore but yeah didnt think it was as good as the first 2 Expand
  82. Nov 15, 2011
    Epic and perfect ending to the Toy Story Trilogy that is part of so many people's lives. Dramatic ending and is sure to touch every viewer's heart; whether they have been there from the start or is watching Toy Story for the first time. One of the best animated films of the year. Simply amazing.
  83. Aug 24, 2012
    This film was good in places but I feel as if critics and fans have watched an entirely different film to the one I saw in the cinema. For a film aimed at children I was pretty disturbed by the 'gay' jokes. The story was very similar to the other films with no innovative ideas being used. I grew up with the Toy Story films and I loved them to bits but I do feel as if I was perhaps a littleThis film was good in places but I feel as if critics and fans have watched an entirely different film to the one I saw in the cinema. For a film aimed at children I was pretty disturbed by the 'gay' jokes. The story was very similar to the other films with no innovative ideas being used. I grew up with the Toy Story films and I loved them to bits but I do feel as if I was perhaps a little too old for this film. Parts of it were good but it just felt too predictable. Hopefully they don't make a fourth one. Expand
  84. Nov 7, 2012
    A great revival of the previous films that perhaps even surpasses it's predecessors.
  85. LuisG
    Jun 20, 2010
    Pixar had it right from the start and to this day have yet to fail in delivering grand entertainment-Toy Story 3 stands tall and proud beside the groundbreaking original and its sequel TS3 is not only a great film that takes on an array of emotion-truth with grace and a sense of honesty that so many films lack or strive to achieve Ive loved this series more than any other since i was Pixar had it right from the start and to this day have yet to fail in delivering grand entertainment-Toy Story 3 stands tall and proud beside the groundbreaking original and its sequel TS3 is not only a great film that takes on an array of emotion-truth with grace and a sense of honesty that so many films lack or strive to achieve Ive loved this series more than any other since i was 11years old im 26 now and ive laughed cried and understood so much with this films true art the child in me lives on and matures thanks to the creators ..." so long partner". Expand
  86. DavidP
    Jun 21, 2010
    A beautiful, haunting instant classic. If Kubrick had made an animated movie, I have a feeling it would have resembled Toy Story 3. One of the best films I have ever seen.
  87. KeatonJ.
    Jun 20, 2010
    To come out and make a third film in a beloved franchise is a risky move, and to make that film decent is good enough work, but to make it absolutely phenomenal. That's brilliant. The people at PIxar are truly masters of their craft. I'll never know how they do it, but I'm not going to complain. TS3 blends action, adventure, comedy, and heartache all in one beautiful To come out and make a third film in a beloved franchise is a risky move, and to make that film decent is good enough work, but to make it absolutely phenomenal. That's brilliant. The people at PIxar are truly masters of their craft. I'll never know how they do it, but I'm not going to complain. TS3 blends action, adventure, comedy, and heartache all in one beautiful package. Although it is technically a children's movie, it is very mature in dealing with its subject matters: growing up, nostalgia, and losing the creativity that is childhood to name a few. No other animated movie can keep you on the edge of your seat with action one moment, then choke you up the next. Growing up is something we all experience. It can be sad and painful, but the creators of TS3 have shed the light of happiness on it. Thank you Pixar, for putting the sweet, sweet cherry on top of one incredible trilogy. Expand
  88. MattJ
    Jun 18, 2010
    Though I gave this movie a 10, I would caution some parents that it is very scary and dark at times in this movie for little kids. I took my 5 and 3 year old sons. They both enjoyed it, but there were times when it was completely over their heads and other times that were scary and sad for them. Still a great movie, but I think my boys will actually like this when their older.
  89. CalebR.
    Jun 18, 2010
    The perfect conclusion to the now best film trilogy in existence. This is the only film trilogy in existence I can say that all 3 films were perfect and without flaws. This beautiful film is simply fantastic and is extremely nostalgic and a lot more meaningful to those of us (like me) who have grown up with this series. With an extremely emotional conclusion that made me cry this is a The perfect conclusion to the now best film trilogy in existence. This is the only film trilogy in existence I can say that all 3 films were perfect and without flaws. This beautiful film is simply fantastic and is extremely nostalgic and a lot more meaningful to those of us (like me) who have grown up with this series. With an extremely emotional conclusion that made me cry this is a must see movie. (also I am 17 and love this film so nobody say it's a kids movie cause it really isn't it is just a movie for everybody. Expand
  90. RonC
    Jun 19, 2010
    Perfect movie in every aspect. Thank you Pixar.
  91. AaronG.
    Jun 19, 2010
    An excellent ending to a nigh-perfect trilogy.
  92. TheManzere
    Jun 21, 2010
    I went in as a full Pixar believer but worrying this could be the one that disappoints as it seemed unnecessary. I loved every minute of it and it made me think of my 5 and 7 year old boys sitting beside me - about their incredible imaginations AND how quickly they are growing up. I was happy to have the 3D glasses to mask my tears.
  93. PaulR
    Jun 20, 2010
    Brilliant. The best in the series by far, and in my opinion, Pixar's best film to date. But were you expecting any less from Pixar? Its like they're humanly impossible to make a bad film. If your still a bit sceptical about Pixar's next few movies being sequels, Toy Story 3 will definately make you a believer.
  94. KodyN
    Jun 22, 2010
    Toy Story 3 is a remarkable achievement in animated cinema. Pixar has always been the undisputed kings of CGI films, pumping out instant classic after instant classic, but this just might be their best work (which is saying a lot). One of the movie's biggest strengths is how fluently it switches between action, comedy, and story insight (I.E. flashbacks and character development). Toy Story 3 is a remarkable achievement in animated cinema. Pixar has always been the undisputed kings of CGI films, pumping out instant classic after instant classic, but this just might be their best work (which is saying a lot). One of the movie's biggest strengths is how fluently it switches between action, comedy, and story insight (I.E. flashbacks and character development). This movie may only be 103 minutes long, but it packs a ton of story and content into such a relatively short time frame that you'll hardly even notice. The attention to detail in this movie is phenomenal. Every situation and the method in which they're resolved seems perfectly logical and never far-fetched (mainly due to one small thing that initially seems unimportant). The toys and their physical features are incredibly spot-on, from Lotso's fake fur, to Mattel Ken's plastic. One big aspect a long-time Toy Story fan is sure to notice is that this installment in the iconic franchise has far more emotion in it than the first two. Woody's dedication to going back to Andy's is surprisingly touching, the climax is pulled off incredibly and makes you question the toys' fate, and the conclusion is so powerful that you might become teary-eyed (I was, and I'm a 15-year-old guy!). If you're a fan of animated movies, Toy Story 3 is sure to be one of your favorites. Its stellar plot, powerful emotion, and stunning detail will keep you glued to the screen. The movie satisfies all ages due its easily accessible subject matter and the occasional hidden adult humor. Toy Story 3 caps off what is now one of the best (if not THE best) animated trilogies in cinematic history. Highly recommended. Expand
  95. PeterJ
    Jun 23, 2010
    I was obviously expecting this to be a solid 9 film based on initial reviews, but it ended up being way much better than even I had anticipated. It was enough to make this 38 year old man even shed a few tears.
  96. TomMcGill
    Stunning.
  97. ChristianZ
    Jun 20, 2010
    Just about perfect. You will experience every emotion in the spectrum. One moment you laugh until it hurts, and then another you are touched deeply by the loyalties being shown by the characters, and then at the end you have maybe the most bittersweet conclusion to a movie in a long while. Seeing this is just essential. Pixar films are officially the best argument that popular Just about perfect. You will experience every emotion in the spectrum. One moment you laugh until it hurts, and then another you are touched deeply by the loyalties being shown by the characters, and then at the end you have maybe the most bittersweet conclusion to a movie in a long while. Seeing this is just essential. Pixar films are officially the best argument that popular entertainment can achieve the level of art. Expand
  98. YuriR.
    Jun 18, 2010
    Fantastic! Best adventure movie since African Queen 1951 Pixar raises the bar on animation again
  99. AndyF.
    Jun 19, 2010
    Incredible movie! Pixar does it again. The way it is put together is amazing and brings out nearly every emotion. The way that Pixar develops movies continues to impress me and shows that they are truly revolutionaries and geniuses in their field.
  100. Tyler
    Jun 19, 2010
    You know there's going to be a lot of hype following a movie such as Toy Story 3. The thing about this movie, though, is that it surpasses the hype. It's funny, it's dramatic and it's as touching as you could ever ask for. In all honesty, this series is fifteen years of my life well spent. Highly recommended to anyone and everyone. From kids to adults, you will love You know there's going to be a lot of hype following a movie such as Toy Story 3. The thing about this movie, though, is that it surpasses the hype. It's funny, it's dramatic and it's as touching as you could ever ask for. In all honesty, this series is fifteen years of my life well spent. Highly recommended to anyone and everyone. From kids to adults, you will love this movie. Expand

1. Though uneven and less witty than the first two, Toy Story 3 delivers quite enough in two dimensions.
  2. It’s the first Pixar effort that feels less like a creative outpouring and more like an obligation met to satisfy a distribution schedule.
    A worthy and delirious final chapter to this hallowed animation franchise.