9.1

1. Mar 8, 2014
    This is a rare second sequel that beats both its predecessors and it's just awesome. The film is darker compared to the previous two, but I've got nothing to complain. It was intense, deeply emotional, and it was kinda sad. This movie is my favorite Pixar film of all time.
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    Toy Story 3 ends the Pixar animated trilogy on a high note. The story is tight, the jokes are funny and the climax leaves not a dry eye in the house. For me, this is undoubtedly the best in the series and one of the best Pixar films to date.
  3. Dec 24, 2013
    When you go to see a Toy Story movie you know you will laugh and be entertained but you don't expect to shed a tear (a manly tear mind!) as well, but that is exactly what this third movie in the series delivers. If this is the final entry in the series its a great way to finish.
  4. Dec 21, 2013
    Not only the best of the three, but the saddest and tragic Pixar movie of them all! It's an end to a beloved childhood for me, but the memories live on in this outstanding animated classic! Overall, Pixar's greatest accomplishment! Once again, it deserves an A+!
  5. Dec 9, 2013
    I first saw this before I had children and thought it was great. I recently watched it again with my 3 year old daughter and I think the ending is one of the most beautiful endings of any movie that I have ever seen, I was in tears.
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    Toy Story 3 caps off a legendary series.
    After watching its predecessors become two of the most beloved children's tales in recent memory, Toy Story 3 lives up to expectations. With wonderful characters, and a heartfelt story pushing the bounds of realism. Toy Story 3 exceeds expectations.
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    Toy Story went down each time, and the long hiatus didn't help. I still found all the characters funny, charming, and raucous. 'Toy Story 3' became more childish than the previous two, which relied on a smarter breed of comedy. But its still enjoyable but I hope there's no 4, because without Andy, there's no plot.
  8. Oct 31, 2013
    thisis the second best film in the atual era ofthe walt disney pixar animation studios behind up.the return of that old characters of the first toy story was absolutely dramatic.
  9. Oct 17, 2013
    Pixar with "Toy Story 3" had its grand zenith. Toy Story trilogy is so: "Toy Story" good, "Toy Story 2" better and "Toy Story 3" best. This film is one of best film ever.
  10. Sep 4, 2013
    [9.6] All of the spectacle and magnificence of a great kid's movie aren't what makes Toy Story 3. The last movie of the trilogy truly solidifies the life and importance of toys, and not just as objects.
  11. Jul 4, 2013
    "Toy Story 3" is one that mixes humor, beautiful animation, heart, top notch storytelling and characters, into a second sequel, which works wonderfully. "Toy Story 3" involves a new adventure and the saddening message of growing up, which in my eyes, ranks to one of the best movies of 2010.
  12. Jun 22, 2013
    Toy Story 3 tops Toy Story and Toy Story 2, it is described with one great description, I usually use it for rare things, but this movie, it deserves it, the word is "Imaginative Masterwork" "Masterpiece"
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    The perfect way to end a trilogy. If it wasn't for Inception this would have been my favorite film of 2010. Just a fun, heart warming, and very fulfilling piece of art.
  14. May 26, 2013
    This movie, is just EPIC, this is the best movie of Toy Story!, the story, the characters, is good, all is perfect, this movie is 100/100 is 5 stars of 5 stars, i just enjoy this movie so much!
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    Eleven years and countless rumours later, Toy Story 3 was finally unveiled, and it was undoubtedly worth every last minute of that decade and a year to not only bring us one of the best animated features we have ever seen, but one of the most touching and wipe-your-eyes drama that very few films can do.
    See the thing is, we have all grown up since Andy's toys first came into our lives,
    but the people at Pixar have told a story which shows that the toys, and Andy himself, have also grown up, Andy of course with age, but the toys are now in the predicament that they always feared, not being played with.
    Much like the events of the second film, a curb side accident soon turns the tables from the second film as it is Woody now chasing after his friends.
    They are heading for Sunnyside daycare, for which at first glance is everything they had hoped it to be, new toys and they will finally be played with after years of isolation. But Woody soon learns the truth about the place, but is whisked out of the centre and must return to help his friends escape the clutches of Lotso (Ned Beatty) and his henchmen.
    The film invites us all back to enjoy our memories of these simple plastic dolls, and its hard to remember a film like this that makes us feel the way we do, because after fifteen years, its still got it. We have grown up with these toys, and we are reminded just how difficult growing up can be, especially after an imaginative childhood I'm sure most of us had. The cleverness and cunning nature of a child is all within Toy Story 3 and blends perfectly with the diverse set of characters to keep everyone entertained.
    It is truly wonderful to see how far these visuals have come since the original, with so much more detail and colour that truly put Pixar at the top of the perch in animation and story.
    Perfect can indeed be thrown around, but for Toy Story 3 it rings true for so many reasons. It has the perfect blend of comedy, heart and even action, combined with the original voice cast including Tim Allen and Tom Hanks while also bringing in the likes of Michael Keaton and Timothy Dalton. Pixar really have created a masterful animated adventure that will continue to reach for our inner child.
    With a perfect ending that will surely turn on the waterworks, its hard to say if there should be another film, simply because of the perfection of this and the first two that have created the perfect trilogy.
    Masterful, emotional, but a truly hilarious and brilliant effort that will continue to surprise and exceed, but a film that will also find a place deservedly among the best.
  16. Apr 7, 2013
    I loved Toy Story 2 & 1.
    However this one is the best one in my opinion.
    It reminds me how hard was getting rid of my favorite toys when I was a kid
  17. Mar 27, 2013
    A wonderful close to Pixar's "Toy Story" series.
  18. Mar 23, 2013
    One Of Pixars Overrated Movies.. When Noone Know's What Studio Ghibli Is...
    Even Though This Film Is Very Un-Original It's Still Charming..
  19. Mar 20, 2013
    Only film I would be glad enough to give a 10 are animated films. This made me and my friends laught, cry and everything, and were ranging from age 16-23 where not even the target audience for this film. I do say that this film was the best of 2010 and I really can't wait to see a fourth one hopefully. I do believe that the "Toy Story" film series has been the only film series where every film has 2 stars. Its a shame that I can't find the second one. When I told you to watch a film before I have never been a serious as right now this is a film that I can watch probably 5 straight times in a row everyday of the week. It might be a little scary at points but it definintly makes you want to find out more. Also I know this movie has 3D DVD's that was the only thing bad with this film and 2010. Apparently in 2010 the though in every film maker was 3D. No I can only say that Tron Legacy and Step Up 3D were the only really good 3D films of 2010 but enough of that this is a must see all ages. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2013
    I wasn't going to rate this movie with a 10 but in the end, it got me and it got me all emotional which movies usually don't do as I usually get bored towards the end. Not Toy Story 3, there is never a dull moment and even though it's completely fantastic, you find yourself willingly spending your disbelief without even thinking about it. This is exactly what a good movie should be like, a spectacle from start to finish. I watched Toy Story 1 when I was young and now I'm watching Toy Story 3 while I'm an adult and I can't help but notice just how well the series has aged. They're tackling some very mature subject matter yet without any bloodshed or nudity. Chapeau! Expand
  21. Feb 25, 2013
    Such a beautiful movie. We are know that the toys followed us when we were a child. This movies made toys come alive. This movies made us reminded when we were a child and how we felt when we loves toys
  22. Feb 17, 2013
    Toy Story 3 is the final chapter of the Toy Story franchise, or for now anyway. With Andy leaving for college, now in his late teens, his mother is urging him to get rid of his old toys before he leaves. When the gang of toys end up being mistakenly taken to a kindergarten play-centre instead of being left in the attic like they should have been they form a plan to get back home as quickly as possible. However they all realise that Andy will never play with them again, he is far to old to love them like he used to and they will just gather dust so staying in the play-centre is the better option. Its not until they are made unwelcome by the current residents of the kindergarten that they decide to put this plan into motion with less than successful results due to a grumpy old toy who was abandoned by their owner years ago.
    Toy Story 3 is a great conclusion to the amazing coming of age saga that has been the Toy Story series. The sound and animation is just as great as usual, the old characters are still cool and the new characters are well introduced and likeable. Whether Toy Story still has a future is unknown but for the last 15 years toy story provided us with one of the best animated tales ever created and that by itself is a reason to celebrate.
  23. Feb 5, 2013
    It closes the circle as one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time, for me at least. I was somewhat anxious how this would turn out but I should have trusted that Pixar is full of talented storytellers. It's hard to pick which movies in the series is my favorite but they are equally great.
  24. Jan 31, 2013
    The third best animated film of all time.
  25. Jan 23, 2013
    The perfect ending to a perfect trilogy. The ending had me sobbing over toys like a child. I don't think any other movies, besides Star Wars, have shaped my life the way Toy Story has.
  26. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this film. I was a Toy Story fan when I was 5,6 years old, and when I watched this movie at the age of 12, I felt I was going through the time, although in my opinion, this movie is even better. I love the new characters, because they are very different. I also like the ending. 10 out of 10 marks because it's perfect
  27. Dec 22, 2012
    Toy Story is my all time favorite Disney movie and will always have a special place in my heart. When I first heard about this, I was ecstatic as most of us were. I don't know if it's just me though, but it felt like something was missing or I just didn't enjoy it as much as a kid would. Toy Story 3 isn't just for kids though, it's for everyone, especially those that grew up with it will be really impacted by this movie. Your kids will love it, and so will teens and adults alike. Expand
  28. Dec 20, 2012
    The only real flaw for this movie... Hmmm, are there not any flaws? Nope! This movie is a classic in my book. Marvelous, magical, and endearing...almost flawless!
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    A heartwarming and hilarious movie experience. This movie goes infinity and beyond
  30. Dec 8, 2012
    This film is absolutely perfect! Perfect not only in the way it was the perfect ending to the Toy Story trilogy, but perfect as a film in general. Every second was so deep and meaningful beyond belief, it's means much more than just the animation. Brilliant!

One of the best film of 2010! Truly, this film is one the top films of the year right alongside The Social Network and The King's
    Speech. This film is pure gold!

Pixar's finest accomplishment!
  31. Dec 8, 2012
    A great, heartwarming film. Although it's not quite as good as the first two movies, but it's still very enjoyable. due to a great plot and excellent animation.
  32. Nov 28, 2012
    Adorable animation and a massive amount of truly heart-rending thematic subject matter not only make "Toy Story 3" the best of the series, but quite possibly the most earnestly poignant animated film ever made.
  33. Nov 26, 2012
    There couldn't be a more fitting end to this series then this film. The intro alone had me in tears because I grew up with this series and to see the scenes of Andy growing up with his toys reminded me so much of my own childhood, I couldn't help but get emotional. Such a great and touching film, A must see.
  34. Nov 18, 2012
    Problably the best Animated movie ever made in my mind and the the best in the Toy Story trilogy as well as making its mark as one of the greatest films of all time. Toy Story 3 is Pixars 3rd sequel of the movie that made there company famous throughout the globe, and Toy Story 3 marks them to there highest achivement since the first Toy Story movie. This film touches your heart on so many levels and creates a felling of sadness you will never forget, but also creates a felling of having one of the happiest moments in your life. you must see this film no excuses. Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2012
    *sniff* *sniff*...What? Shut up! I'm not crying!...F**king Pixar...
  36. Nov 7, 2012
    A great revival of the previous films that perhaps even surpasses it's predecessors.
  37. Oct 7, 2012
    Heavily overrated movie! Seriously, this isn't enjoyable for neither kids nor grown-ups. For the younger ones it will probably be scary and also recondite; for the elder ones, it's a too long and too childish motion picture. 'Toy Story 3' didn't make me laugh one single time and the scenes ought to be sad, didn't touch me (don't call me heartless, it's just not serious!). Also the animations are not better than in the first two movies, which date back more than 10 years!
    Okay: It's not that bad, it's a likeable family story, but on the otherside a gratuitous film.
  38. Aug 24, 2012
    This film was good in places but I feel as if critics and fans have watched an entirely different film to the one I saw in the cinema. For a film aimed at children I was pretty disturbed by the 'gay' jokes. The story was very similar to the other films with no innovative ideas being used. I grew up with the Toy Story films and I loved them to bits but I do feel as if I was perhaps a little too old for this film. Parts of it were good but it just felt too predictable. Hopefully they don't make a fourth one. Expand
  39. Aug 19, 2012
    Everything from the exciting opening sequence to the rather poignant ending works so perfectly. There are some great moments, like when Ken met Barbie for the first time, Mr. Potato Head as a tortilla and Buzz Lightyear in Spanish mode has to be seen to be believed! I really enjoyed this film and really engaged with the characters I know so well for the previous two films and found myself quite choked at the end. All three films have been tremendous and I really hope they don Expand
  40. Jul 29, 2012
    this is the best toy story. And best pixar film. And best film of 2010. This movie is so fantastic its so amazing. the animation was breath taking and story was fantastic. the movie was just a pure masterpiece
  41. Jun 27, 2012
    Pixar has made 11 great films (minus Cars 2) and this is the best by far. Made me cry and made me laugh and was beautifully written and was just lovely to watch. I really have to stand and applaud Pixar for making such an incredible film.
  42. May 22, 2012
    This movie is so FANTASTIC! This is the perfect movie finale to an amazing series of tales between Andy and his toys. The ending is so heartbreaking for me, I just want to cry but I can't. This shows how toys can be so significant in a person's life. I just don't understand why some users gave it an average or bad rating, maybe they just don't appreciate it. This movie really deserved a score more than 10. Pixar is consistently producing true masterpieces so we should expect more from Pixar in the future....... Expand
  43. May 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Truly amazing and funny. We haven't seen Woody and friends since 1999. This movie brought everyone back together and had a grown up Andy going to collage, he didn't want to leave his "toy friends" behind. This movie is impressive and the ending was heartbreaking. It actually made me cry. Expand
  44. Apr 26, 2012
    Toy Story 3 was deep but not as deep as the first to movies. Toy Story 3 continues talking about what Toy Story 2 started talking about, the meaning of a toys life. When Andy grows up the toys go to a daycare, which is kind of like an orphanage to humans, it's where toys go who no longer have owners. When they get to daycare it's more like a prison, they even have a "box" just like a prison. Again like Toy Story 2 there was not enough of Woody and Buzz together. I would love to see an adventure with the buddies together by each others side. The ending was wonderful when it showed the picture of Andy and his toys, it was very touching. When Andy pulls Woody away from Bonnie, he shows the toys he loves them but cant give them the attention they need. More sexual references add to the fun, especially the scene with Rex and Trixie on the computer. Great movie, I hope to see more of Woody and the gang. Expand
  45. Apr 3, 2012
    It is amazing to witness an animated movie that is so powerful. It has a very human connection about it. This was clearly the best of the series. It hit all the right notes and is strikingly emotional.
  46. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this a 9.5 out of 10. I honestly didn't think I would like it as much as I did. It so good. Always been a fan when I was a little kid, and this was just so good. story is real good. Funny sometimes, and sad in others. Acting good, and so is the score. Animation is beautiful. Overall, if this is the end, it went out great. For sure best toy story, and probably the best animated family move ever. Highly recommended. Expand
  47. Mar 26, 2012
    What can I say about this animated masterpiece that hasn't already been said? The animation is breath-taking; the characters are just as lovable and memorable as they were in the previous Toy Story films; it has a very nostalgic feel to it; there is an excellent balance of humor and action; and the story is heart-breaking, yet brilliant. Toy Story 3 is an easy 10/10, and I give it my highest recommendation (just be sure to have a box of tissues with you when you watch it). Expand
  48. Mar 24, 2012
    The other 2 toy story's were great but this one takes the cake. Never has a film felt so real with its characters even though they were just toys an achievement like no other for pixar. the ending is classic and will leave some in tears. one of the best pictures of the year
  49. Mar 6, 2012
    If you are around the age of 20 and have seen Toy Story 1 and 2; I think its impossible to not love this movie.
    Its beautiful. And its an experience that you can only get if you followed the movie from the start to this, which is a true shame for the future generations.
  50. Mar 4, 2012
    This movie is just awesome no matter your age. The story is fantastic~! And the animation is excellent. Pixar has delivered again. It is rare to see such movies made anymore. I think that this film will be a future classic!
  51. Mar 2, 2012
    I knew there would be a Toy Story 3 eventually and in 2010 I finally got my wish. It has just about everything you could want from an animated movie: Honest emotion, creative storytelling, and great characters.
  52. Feb 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the best one, because it was the darkest. I mean, it features everybody's favorite animate toys holding hands in the face of a roaring inferno, solemnly accepting their (apparent) demise. Not to mention, the villain is seriously one of the most messed-up characters I've seen in a Disney movie. Who could argue? Expand
  53. Jan 13, 2012
    Toy Story 3 is not only hilarious but emotionally resonant as well, you will find yourself crying at many parts in this film and the movie features great voice acting and dazzling animation only push the film to an even higher note. I give this movie a fantastic and very rare 100%.
  54. Jan 6, 2012
    Toy Story 3 has managed to do something very special, it has managed to surpass Toy Story 1 in terms of quality, moving up to become my favorite Pixar film to date. It has quite possibly the best plot in a film I have ever seen, the comedy is completely perfect and everything about it is just so perfect. I dunno what my favorite film is, but this is a serious contender.
  55. Dec 15, 2011
    A great film, anyone who liked the first two would love this one, all the characters return and it feels great. It's very entertaining and funny at times, it's truly a film for the whole family, my 10 year old sister liked it, my 18 year old brother liked it, my parents (in their 40s) liked it, and I liked it (me being 14). But dispute all the good stuff, there are a few bad things about Toy Story 3, the story is too similar to the previous movies and it felt predicable at times. Other than that, it's a great film that should be watched by any Toy Story fan, or animation fan. Expand
  56. Nov 29, 2011
    Back to the origins, even if this movie doesn't achieve as much as the first one, it is still a great movie.
    Recommended for everyone to watch. Good to see you again Woody.
  57. Nov 15, 2011
    Epic and perfect ending to the Toy Story Trilogy that is part of so many people's lives. Dramatic ending and is sure to touch every viewer's heart; whether they have been there from the start or is watching Toy Story for the first time. One of the best animated films of the year. Simply amazing.
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    TOY STORY 3 is a fun, colorful, cute and funny sequel to the fantastic TOY STORY that is just as good, or maybe even better than the previous film. The cast does a great job to provide the voices for the film.
  59. Nov 10, 2011
    With all the great movies that released in 2010, this was the true best picture. The film is smart, funny, sad, and apart from being one of the most entertaining films to release, it is a true masterpiece in every aspect. Especially to someone who grew up watching the toy story films as a child, this is a film that will definitely hit close to home. It has set a bar that I'm afraid no other animated feature film (or many feature films) will be able to reach. Expand
  60. Nov 9, 2011
    This movie was just simply outstanding. I grew up with the original Toy Story & Toy Story 2 & even though there's about a decade between this movie & the second one, it sure as heck proves that not all things decay in quality with time. This movie was just.......amazing, though the word "amazing" is still an understatement. Don't pass up this movie, though it may be about toys, it's about more than just that. This movie was extremely well done & well written, this is by far the best Pixar movie made to date. The ending actually brought me to tears, and I'm not one to cry so easily at all especially at an animated movie. This movie features some amazing storytelling, interesting (but in a good way) new characters and a feeling at the end both kids and adults will share at the end. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you absolutely need to. Expand
  61. Nov 4, 2011
    Best Kids Movie Ever
    I watched this with my two younger siblings and i got to say this movie is so much better than the other toy story movies. If you haven't already watched this movie it is a must
  62. Nov 3, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is a heartfelt, highly original and creative family-friendly flick. One of Pixar's best, and a nice send off to a classic trilogy. 4/4 stars.
  63. Oct 27, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is one of those movies that you can watch and enjoy for the first minute to the last minute. The animation is superb, we came so far from the original graphically speaking. Kids will just eat this up, and adults will be amused by the older jokes. It is essential to have a copy of this movie, whether on disc or Netflix. I give this movie a 9.5, the score it deserves, because the movie really is wonderful. Expand
  64. Oct 23, 2011
    This is a fantastic animation, easily one of the best of all time. The voice overs were excellent, storyline good and the animation brilliant! A great movie for the kids, but adults may enjoy it also. There is lot's of funny moments and it is a movie that can be enjoyed by everyone.
  65. Oct 9, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is my favorite animated film of all time (along with "Beauty and the Beast", "Wall-E" and "The Lion King"). It's incredible how its magic transcends ages and can entertain both kids and adults. 16 years after the release of the first film the trilogy hasn't lost its appeal and much less its freshness.
  66. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great trilogy of animated films. It feels like I grew up with these movies, I was around Andy's age when the first movie came out and now I'm in college like he is now. It's my favorite of the 3.
  67. Sep 15, 2011
    15 years has past, and my faith in Pixar did not break; "Toy Story 3" shakes the cinema as a groundbreaking masterpiece, a masterpiece pertaining the pure love and joy we rarely see in any kind of movies.
  68. Aug 20, 2011
    The greatest animated film of all time. And one of the best movies of 2010. Absolutely heartwarming, and breaking. Unique, brilliant, and just breathtakingly beautiful.
  69. Aug 11, 2011
    This movie is funny, exciting, dramatic (at times) and heartfelt because BOY DID I CRY. It may have been even better than The Social Network and stood up to all heavyweight films of 2010
  70. Jul 24, 2011
    Toy Story 3 managed to continue the excellent streak of the "Toy Story" series! Not only is the animation simply impeccable, but all of the technical aspects of the film just work perfectly. The story, just like the previous two, is amazingly fresh, interesting and highly engaging. What always surprises me with such animated films is the level of emotional depth that they manage to delve into. I still prefer Wall-E (I think no animated film ever will top that one for me), but Toy Story 3 is all about friendship, loyalty and trust - just what we need to remind ourselves nowadays. Amazingly beautiful, exciting, entertaining, and educational, "Toy Story 3" manages to bring yet another generation of kids under its wing, keeping (and even widening) the love we, who grew up with it, had for the first two films. Excellent! Expand
  71. Jul 21, 2011
    Beautiful film! As I grew up watching the prequels to this, I was so excited when its pre-production was finished and the film confirmed; and it was not a disappointment! The film leaves you with every emotion at its peak and perfect for any age. I didn't think they could beat the original for inventiveness or beat Up for how touching it was. A must see!
  72. Jul 5, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is one of the most captivating films I have ever seen in my life. It is one of the most epic animated adventures you will find anywhere in any movie.
  73. Jul 2, 2011
    Pixar amongst being an amazing team of producers, directors and animators manages to bypass the stereotype that sequels are never a good as their predecessors. This is evident in Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 and will be in all the sequels Pixar will ever make. Pixar easily outstrips its competitors and even Disney its self with it's amazing ability to produce entirely original films. Toy Story 3 is fine example of this and gives every quality of a truly good film: perfectly selected music, quirky and life-like characters, flawless and skillful animation, a clever script and of course pure originality. Previously life-less toys become a part of you, full of genuine emotion and humor and realistic enough to jump right out of the screen and into your life. Join Pixar in Toy Stories final chapter and embark on a journey that will make you laugh and cry till you can no more. Expand
  74. Jun 22, 2011
    I was blown away by this film. I couldn't fathom that a second sequel could be so fulfilling. If you've been keeping up with the series since you were a kid (I was a mere six when the original debuted), then you own it to yourself to watch the conclusion; and it especially strikes a somber yet optimistic tone with the recent high school or college graduate. It's likely shorter (or at least seems so) than the previous iterations, and is much more rich in content, storyline, and absolutely unrelentingly stunning animation which has been the hallmark of Pixar since it's creation. It's a must-see film and total lock for the top 5, or even number 1 film, of 2010. Expand
  75. Jun 12, 2011
    jeez!!! Why the many 10? Taking a look a toy story 3,it's just not innovative and mind blowing like the first,there's really nothing new to see interms of new characters and the action scenes like the second. So, i do think toy story 3 is a bit overrated (just a tiny bit) but overall it is a fine movie and a fitting closure to a truly wonderful franchise
  76. Jun 4, 2011
    I love the film but I give it a 7 but I will call it overrated. It was a great film but I find the first 2 way better. The guess Lotso reminded of the StinkyPete so it seemed a bit repetitive.
  77. Jun 2, 2011
    can't escape the feeling that Toy Story 3 is being terribly overrated by critics and moviegoers alike. Critics are calling it "heartbreaking" and "inspiring", and a movie critic from NYT even went as far as calling it "a deep, complex take on mortality". Seriously? Personally, I found Toy Story 3 of being a surprisingly formulaic and unappealing movie of the following reasons. Firstly, the same story formula is being recycled for the third time! Just like in the other two movies, the toys are separated from Andy. Overall, the plot just feels like one big excuse to move the characters from the backdrop of Andy's room to the daycare center where the story is being transformed into a prison break parody, filled with plot-twists, slapstick humor and gay-jokes, directly aimed at the adults in the audience. But the worst thing is that this movie isn't treating the characters with respect. Rather than having them develop beyond the minimal standard required for the plot, the directors focused more on having them do stupid things and end up in stupid situations. There are about a dozen different toys in the series now, most of which only functions as comic relief characters that stick around in the background. The majority of these toys spend more times being chewed on by drooling babies than showing any character development, whatsoever. Buzz and Woody are really the only ones worth mentioning, which is sad, because both Woody and Buzz are terribly simplistic in this third installment. Woody is the same few-worded, whiny character he was in the other two movies. But it's okay. He doesn't change because the plot requires him to stay the same. But Woody was never the star of this series. It was the space ranger, Buzz, who stole the show back in 1995. In Toy Story 3, the ugly doll is reduced to pure, stupid and brain-dead entertainment. The only character development Buzz Lightyear demonstrates isn't more complex than the switching on the button in his back. He spends the majority of the movie in "demo-mode", delivering catchphrases and references to his delusional space-persona. And it's funny about the first time he does it and not quite as funny about the tenth time. And he spends the rest of the movie as a surprisingly distasteful and offensive Spanish stereotype. And really, oh so devoted Pixarfans, doesn't the fact that the directors would take Buzz Lightyear and change him so carelessly in the film speak volumes of their indifference to their own characters' personalities? I just can't figure out what, if anything, makes this movie so good. From my point of view, It is terrible! And it becomes even more staggering when you think about how other animated movies, personal favorites that are by far more sophisticated and complex; Like How to Train Your Dragon and Bolt, are being pushed in the background to make way for the unyielding glorification of Pixar. Okay, both of these movies have been met fairly well by critics, particularly Dragon, but none of them have received the attention Toy Story 3 received, despite being more deserving. My personal favorite, Bolt, was very underrated, almost overlooked, when realized back in 2008. Expand
  78. May 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film was one of the greatest films I saw in 2010. It was well thought out, with an amazing display of voice acting and animation quality. But a warning to those who wish to see it: It has what is easily a contender for saddest moment in movie history. Expand
  79. May 31, 2011
    Creativa y conmovedora , aun sin tener las agallas de ser una obra maestra , una pelicula de muchas dimensiones , y llena de pasion en su desarollo , es fantastica y divertida un gran fin para esta trilogia .
  80. May 29, 2011
    Movie really fun, which initially made us laugh. With the development, make us start to reflect about how we left aside the things that were very important in our life. And what a beautiful end, making us reflect about how might be so difficult open hands from things that were important to us, but itâ
  81. May 27, 2011
    Disney Pixar have done it again with a new installment of Toy Story 3. With Woody and Buzz leading the gang on another adventure they find themselves in terrifying positions where escaping seems almost impossible. But as many lovers of the family feel good movie will know, Andy's toys break free and make it home to say goodbye. It truly is a beautiful way to say "the end".
  82. May 23, 2011
    And what a message. I feel sorry for the adults who labeled Toy Story 3 a "kid's stuff" immediately and didn't take the chance to see it. It may seem like an already familiar description, but Toy Story 3's astonishing mish-mash of humor, suspense and emotion is for everyone. And has an animated film lately ever touched your heart so deeply? With every Pixar film, the heartache hurts more and more. But oh, what sweet heartache! I don't know about you but it sure did pierce right through me. Expand
  83. May 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sequels, they are numerous and frequent. Most of the time the producers are trying to take advantage of the success of its highly grossed predecessor. This is not the case with Pixar. These guys have a philosophy that they do not make sequels unless they think they can tell a good story. Being a huge- Pixar fan I trusted them and went to go see Toy Story 3 expecting nothing but the best. After watching the film all I can say is that this is one sequel that you shouldnâ Expand
  84. May 20, 2011
    Don't get me wrong didn't think it was bad, Just didnt feel as fresh as the first 2, no new significant characters and just a bit formulaic felt like ive seen most of it all before especially compared to the 2nd one. eg toys not being played with as much, toys mistakenly get lost, toys find a nice place with nice other toy , turns out to be bad, toys have to find why back, ect. strangely started to get a bit morbid aswell towards the end. not sure if im too old for them anymore but yeah didnt think it was as good as the first 2 Expand
  85. May 10, 2011
    After a bad second part Pixar surprises us with a film only comparable with other pixar films. Second parts were never good, but this 3rd part is as good as the first one. One important thing, don't think on it as a children film, cause it's not!
  86. Apr 17, 2011
    Exhilarating, emotional, and innovative, Toy Story 3 is a fun, heartwarming threequel for all ages. Pros: Eye-popping CGI animation and 3-D effects; innovative characters elevated by talented voice acting; lots of lesson and depth added to the plot. Cons: It's not as cheerful as the first two installments.
  87. Mar 21, 2011
    This is one of the top films of 2010 and all would agree with that! THe whole concept is is amazing as the story of Andy's toys comes to a moving conclusion. It'll give you a chuckle, cry, and more laughs because this is a wonderful movie!
  88. Mar 20, 2011
    The absolute best animation I have ever seen. How fitting, considering Toy Story was the pioneer of digital animation. I was four when the first Toy Story came out, and eight when the second one did. I pretty much grew up on Disney movies, Toy Story and Lion King being the two I watched most. Probably a few hundred times between the two of them (no exaggeration). I literally grew up with Woody, Buzz and the gang. Coincidentally, I started my first year of college last year, so Andy and I share a connection that is very personal to me. The people over at Pixar have done what has only happened a few times in history. Let's hope they take home the Oscar for Best Picture like the Lord of the Rings did, although I wouldn't get my hopes up. Those Academy douche bags... But back to Pixar. They created a damn near perfect trilogy. I loved this movie. This may be blasphemy to some of you, but I have to admit that Shrek 2 still holds the crown as my all time favorite animated film. After that is How To Train Your Dragon, then probably Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 2 tied at third. Ratatouille is tied with Monster's Inc. for a very close fourth. As you can see, Pixar dominates my list, that does go on, by the way. Anyway, I think this was a perfect way to close the trilogy. The last fifteen minutes or so were very heartfelt and touching. I was on the verge of tears. When Woody said goodbye to Andy in the closing moments, I felt as if he was talking directly to me. The movie is altogether excellent. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous that it wouldn't impress me as much as everyone said it would. After reading over a dozen reviews with perfect scores, I had expectations that almost always lead to disappoint. I'm happy to say I was not. Not even close. The script is very well done. The music is just as great. The voice acting never felt insincere. And most importantly, I never got the feeling that some studio executive told the geniuses at Pixar to make this movie because it would clean out the pockets of millions of moviegoers I'm talking to you DreamWorks. I almost hated Shrek after the third movie, then they did a fourth?! No, I never got that feeling from this movie at all. It was a rejuvenation to a property that was already loved by almost everyone. The graphical detail in the picture was incredible. I have been fighting the Blu Ray takeover for months, but if there was ever a movie that would make me take my first step, it's this one. Nope, not even Avatar could make me do it, and I loved Avatar. I didn't see the movie in 3D because I heard some bad things about how dull it was. So I won't comment on that, but even without it, this movie is gorgeous. I loved it, and I cannot wait to buy it. I'm actually glad I never bought the first two. That means I can get whatever special trilogy box set they release hopefully this holiday season. It saddens me to know that their adventures are over, but I'm glad it ended the way it did. Waiting eleven years to do the final entry was probably not intentional, but it worked out for the best. At least for me because of my age corresponding to Andy's. I'm really going to miss those toys (at least until I get that box set). May Toy Story live forever. Expand
  89. Feb 26, 2011
    I enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed the first 2, great story line, fun characters, voices are done very well, nice action, great family flick. Put in the popcorn and enjoy!
  90. Feb 19, 2011
    Extremely satisfying ending to an incredible trilogy. Quite possibly the best movie of 2010.
  91. Feb 13, 2011
    This is probably the best movie I ever watched. It was funny and emotional at the same time. I'll miss Toy Story.
  92. Feb 8, 2011
    Toy Story 3 may have taken a while to get here but it was worth every second of the wait, the toys are back and more enjoyable than ever, the story is an emotionally moving masterpiece, it will have you laughing, crying, and sitting on the edge of your seat from beginning to end, my only complaint is one joke that really should not have been in a kids movie and i should subtract a point for that, but it's just such an excellent movie that it really doesn't effect the fact that this movie is deserving of a perfect 10, this is one of the greatest movies ever don't miss it. Expand
  93. Feb 2, 2011
    I honestly can find no flaw in this film. It brought everyone in the theater to tears, including myself, but it does so, not with cheap romance sap, but with actual pure, deep, flowing emotion over the loss of your childhood and learning to let it go. Pixar is known for quality, but they have raised the bar extremely high with "Toy Story 3". This entire series is one for the history books, and will be a staple for family shelves everywhere. Expand
  94. Jan 31, 2011
    At first I didn't understand why Toy Story need to be a trilogy, especially with Toy Story 2 falling to capture the warmth and charm of the original. But after seeing Toy Story 3 I understood why this film had to be made. For those who grew up with Buzz and Woody, we always knew that Andy would eventually grow up and be more interested in sports and girls than playing with toys. I thought that Disney and Pixar did an excellent job on giving fans of the series one last chance to say good bye to their childhood friends. Great film!!! A must see!!! Expand
  95. Jan 29, 2011
    I admit I was sceptical, but this movie really surprised me, and it really is an example to what "U" rated movies should be: Exciting, Hilarious but clean, well-paced and also very touching. It had a quite a few sad bits in it, but I kind of like that as it gives a sense of maturity without requiring a "16" rating(Haha!). The balance of humour and emotion come together to make a fantastic end to a fantastic trilogy, and I'm crying as it waves goodbye to us. The characters are witty and well played, especially the take on a pink bear being a "mafia" leader while at the same time his backstory making you feel sorry for him despite all his evils. And they even managed to put in TWO love stories while not making it seem overly soppy, even making them very funny at times. In short, WATCH. THIS. MOVIE. ...why are you still reading this? I told you to watch this movie! GO! Expand
  96. Jan 29, 2011
    I was worried that I would be harshly disappointed with the end of the original trilogy from my childhood. I was wrong. This movie does justice for Pixar, Disney, and the theatrical releases disgracing the entertainment world today. After an 11 year wait, I was pleased dramatically. Doubt it? Go see it for yourself, and you will understand why it should win an Academy Award.
  97. Jan 24, 2011
    The perfect goodbye to the characters we all know and love so well. Too often we see sequels flop so it's great to see Pixar gave it there all. Hilarious movie but also very sad especially if you've grown up with this film as it's not just Andy saying goodbye to his toy's, its us too! Only Pixar can manage to make a movie so funny and yet so sad at the same time.. I feel sorry for anybody who doesn't enjoy the Toy Story movies Expand
  98. Jan 22, 2011
    what a fantastic movie! its got a lot of actions ,a great plot and pretty good effects.
    its one of those few movies that left a deep impression on me
  99. Jan 21, 2011
    Thois movie is clearly appealing to people who have grown up watching Toy Story and are now adults or on the verge of adulthood mentally. It wont be as appealing to the kids i can guarantee you but it had human emotions and human nature in those toys.
  100. Jan 20, 2011
    THE MATRIX is the best action movie ever made in my list. When Matrix released on its time, thiz movie created many breakthrough on world cinema. Directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski, who is just recently popular in thiz movie. They just known previously as small budget film Director, BOUND (1996). Later, the movie has two more sequels MATRIX RELOADED and MATRIX REVOLUTION in 2003. You can almost classify the Stars of thiz movie as B-Class Casts, except Keanu Reeves, but still the outcome is beyond the expectations. Each of the characters like: Neo (Keanu Reeves), Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) , even the villain Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) already become a legendary icon in the industries. One of the fervencies of thiz movie is on the action scene. The fight scene is something new and different, which follows later by other movies. Behind that extraordinary fight scene is well-known Martial Arts Choreographer, Yuen Woo Ping. Woo Ping is the man behind CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON(2000), KILL BILL (2003),THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM (2008), even Jackie Chan classic action SNAKE IN THE EAGLE SHADOW (1978). His experiences in a lot of Asian movies made him effective. The movie definitely exceed beyond our imagination. In fact, many people did not understand entirely the story of THE MATRIX, there are still many blank spot to question about. The Content of the movie fills with great philosophies inside. It seemed to me Wachowski Brothers discovered successfully how to make a brilliant concept from some of religions. The essence is not that simple as appear to be, Actually we will always have something new, every time we watch it.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com

1. Though uneven and less witty than the first two, Toy Story 3 delivers quite enough in two dimensions.
  2. It’s the first Pixar effort that feels less like a creative outpouring and more like an obligation met to satisfy a distribution schedule.
    A worthy and delirious final chapter to this hallowed animation franchise.