4.6

1. Aug 14, 2014
    Best movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hangBest movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hang themselves. Could be the movie of the decades, if it wasn't for those bastards who rate below 4.5 stars! I never went to the restroom even though I really need to. If I'm the theater managers, I would sells the tickets for this movie about $124.99 dollars. This movie is not for the low-intelligence who can't even rate a movie correctly. Better than Mr. Turner and Life Itself! If I can change this movie, I would add two autobots who is a Lexus LFA and a Subaru BRZ STi! Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    the film was awesome. i loved it and the cool transformers they had. the movie was well thought out and properly put together and made well. lots of action through it as well. better than all the other transformers.
  3. Jun 29, 2014
    I still contend that everyone is entitled to their own opinion because opinions have nothing to do with truth, therefore my review will follow this philosophy. I am a fan of the movies as I am a fan of the cartoon series growing up, I did not embrace Shia LaBeouf's character for obvious reasons that limited space will not allow me to express. I however embraced Mark Wahlberg's characterI still contend that everyone is entitled to their own opinion because opinions have nothing to do with truth, therefore my review will follow this philosophy. I am a fan of the movies as I am a fan of the cartoon series growing up, I did not embrace Shia LaBeouf's character for obvious reasons that limited space will not allow me to express. I however embraced Mark Wahlberg's character even though the unnecessary banter between he and his daughter somewhat took away from the very basic action plot. Most reviews I have read seem to take extreme offense with the plot as if they wrote the story and director Michael Bay had no regard and completely butchered their work. With that said the plot in an action movie needs to have basic pieces: heroes, villains and the proverbial evil tries to triumph over good, with the unlikely hero emerging, Transformers: Age of Extinction has these pieces and then some. In an action movie you want good action, good fighting, good acting if possible and a climax that will make you say that was cool. The showing I went to see drew applause at the end as the credits began to roll, which was not a total surprise but caused me to rethink my overall review. I always say even though we have the right to offer our opinion does not excuse us from being responsible with our right (refer to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which was reviewed in a very critical way but grossed 1.2 billion dollars). Transformers is an age old program as along as you have Optimums Prime coming out on top in the end, I will see the movie every single time. In my opinion go see it you will enjoy, but only if you wish to be entertained. Expand
  4. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just the sheer number of hot sexy vehicles in this film made up for Bays' weak one liners in this film. This film had all I expected from Bay-formers. I could careless over the human characters really. They always had the weakest one liners & character development anyways, but I don't go to TF movies for the humans of course.

Mmm. Lots of metal clashing metal... if that's what you are into this the movie for you. Plus how many movies do you know that includes a blue and black Bugatti Veyron, Stingray, Camero, Earnhardt racing car, Pangani & a Lamborghini oh my... all in one film within 10mins from one another or all together at once. *drools*

The one liner jokes (there were a few funny ones here and there; others were just pathetic) don't bother me as much as the one dimensional dull vague characters, one of which I felt like punching her face, the teen **** Tessa. She was most annoying of all. Wanting to be a real normal teen? Really? Going out bagging some 20 yr old guy, end up pregnant and then he leaves you for another. oh yes very risky and fun Yea that's being a real teen alright. Her orange skin and cheap light pink lipstick didn't help the matter. I was so glad the alien being within Lockdowns' ship wanted to tentacle rape her and was hoping for it too. Hey, she wanted to be a "normal" teen right? Getting into trouble and screwing around right? Well in Hentai such gals get tentacled.

Back to the reason why I went to watch this film in the first place... the hot sexy mechanical sentient beings. Meow... I was stuck admiring either Lockdown or Drift... whose alt modes were making me drool so much I came out of the movie with cotton mouth, especially Drifts' blue Bugatti *fan girl moment*. :) I also definitely wouldn't mind having abomination of babies with Lockdown. Tall, dark, handsome, intelligent, and very resourceful (the guys' face turns to a huge cannon what's not to like). I agree with so many comments/reviews here, Lockdown is one extraordinary character. and I would have liked to see more of him in the future but he was killed off, too easily. Then Optimus Prime converts his physical plates into a knights' armor... sexy deliciousness! Then there is Drift who everyone seems to complain about him looking like a samurai. I didn't notice anyone, including TF fans, whining when Prowl in TF Animated reformatted his physical form into a samurai. If anyone who read the old Marvel US TF comics or Marvel UK comics in Cybertron there were a class of martial arts subcultures, one of which I could easily name on top of my head Metallikato (yes the one Bludgeon is most famous/infamous practitioner of this form). If you never read the comic books (Marvel US, Marvel UK, DW, and IDW to name a few), pay attention to the original G1 cartoons particularly season 3-4 (they mention the Quintessons being the creators of Cybertronians, originally as slaves for the Quintessons), & never read Convenient of prime (mentions a few primes as creators of all cyber-forms, one prime created Decepticons, another prime created Autobots & so forth), so of course many would be lost at some of the things mentioned & brought upon in this film.

One thing that baffled me were Galvatron & Stringer, upon first seeing them I actually was going "Stunticons?" Galvatrons' alt mode would have been an awesome form for either Motormaster (another I thought of was Nemesis Prime because the humans wanted him to look more like Optimus Prime), while Stringer made me think of Deadend.

When Lockdown mentioned about something greater, I was thinking of either the Quintessons or Unicron, in either case gave way to a sense there will be a part 5 in the future. That & Optimus Prime flying into space at the end taking with him the Seed (a thing that turns Earth into another Cybertron) gives a hint there may be a part 5.

For those wondering why OP was strong headed & aggressive with Grimlock, Understand that the Dinobots had always had a mind of their own, & usually allowed their primitive prehistoric alt modes (dinosaur minds and souls) to relish themselves and run wild. You basically have to smack a Dinobot to get his attention like a disobedient child or overtly aggressive dog. If OP didn't smack Grimlock around, he & the other Dinobots would've easily cause destruction wherever they would go. Which was why I was upset and confused when OP let loose the Dinobots, that's putting a lot of faith into beings who have still very primitive animal intentions and behavior. More clues for a potential part 5.

Besides the review posted here that complain over Cybertronians having creators, which dates back since season 3&4 of G1, was the one over humans creating TFs. I highly suggest watching TF Prime or read the original Marvel comics.

Overall, I enjoyed this film. For a Bay-formers I wasn't disappointed. Micheal Bay is Michael Bay. He is no Ridley Scott, Tim Burton or David Fincher, so I knew to expect very little plot, story & lots of explosions
  5. Jul 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG this movie was amazing! From start to end this movie was fantastic. Mark Wahlberg was great in the movie. Cade Yeager was a much better character then Sam Witwicky. Kelsey grammar was a great human villan (even though he died in the end.during during the battle between Optimus and Lockdown). Optimus prime is once again a true bad ass and Peter Cullen performance was excelent, but the sceen stealer is not the Dinobots (more on that later), but it is Lockdown (the bounty hunter).
    He was awsome and he was a better transformer villan then all of the villans in last three movies (megatron, the fallen and sentinal prime). now onto the dinobots and they were awsome. The best one is still Grimlock because he was more useful then the 3 others (slug, strafe and scorn) and seeing optimus prime riding grimlock into action against Galvatron and his drones in Hong Kong was a childhood dream come true :).
    One last thing is the ending where Optimus is flying into space to find his creators that Lockdown talked about when he was captured after that chase scene in Chicago with the Seed and Galvatron wowing to fight Prime another day. Optimus's end speech was great and it tells me that Transformers 5 is going to awsome.
    Overall Transformers Age Of Extinction is an amazing movie and in my opinion the best movie of 2014 so far. Its better then Cap 2, Godzilla and Xmen days of future past.
    Out of all of the four movies this is the best one. 10/10 and go out and see it if you haven't and expect a fun experience instead of a Oscar worthy movie.
  6. Mar 29, 2015
    Transformers: Age of extinction, con sus avances en los trailers, podemos ver bastante acción y explosiones, por tanto es lo que probablemente varios espectadores esperaron, y es lo que en gran parte se vio en este film.

Esta película se podría decir que era una de las más esperadas en su año y que al final en donde se esperaban varios explosiones, acción, peleas, y grandes transformers (como fué en las anteriores entregas), y, al fin al cabo, no los entregó de una manera potente. Sí, es cierto de que tiene un guión un poco flojo y que resulta bastante larga (más de 160 minutos) por tanto se podría decir que la primera hora llega a ser un tanto pesada., pero al final toda la acción que nos ofrece y la potente carga de efectos visuales (merecedores de al menos una Nominación al Oscar) logran darle mucha más vida a este largometraje bastante explosivo, por así decirlo.
  7. Jul 10, 2014
    The original, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were all fairly adequate Transformers films, but suffered due to the direction it took, Michael Bay is by no means a bad director, and with the arrival of the fourth film, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a step in the right direction, it steered clear of some of what made the previous films less enjoyable, while it may not haveThe original, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were all fairly adequate Transformers films, but suffered due to the direction it took, Michael Bay is by no means a bad director, and with the arrival of the fourth film, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a step in the right direction, it steered clear of some of what made the previous films less enjoyable, while it may not have been enough to compensate for the previous films, they successfully make up for it by including new and refreshing elements such as Dinobots and Transformers & Humans that have actual personalities, in addition, there are little winks and nods hidden within the film, Mark Wahlberg is a very welcome protagonist to the film and Peter Cullen completely embodies the role of Optimus Prime, additionally, the visuals and special effects were outstanding, especially the details Watching this film in IMAX is a unique experience, and I recommend watching it in IMAX if you can, it's worth it Expand
  8. Jul 10, 2014
    The best transformers movie ever..................Dont listen to others who say its a bad film.They dont know anything about how to review a movie.Awesome story,awesome action,and awesome humours.A must watch in the theatres.
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    My god! Michael Bay is so awsome at directing films. The film was funny, action packed and heart pounding. The Protaganist kade (Mark Whalberg) Produced an amazing performance and I cannot understand why people hate Michael Bay. I would'nt take your 4 year old child for bad language and adult humor but an all around great film!
  10. Jul 12, 2014
    I loved this movie. Sure, there were a few corny lines here and there, and some obvious toy marketing, but this was just a really fun movie. I haven't really enjoyed much about the other Transformers movies, but with Age of Extinction it feels like Michael Bay has finally learned how to make an actual good movie. I would gladly see this one again.

Also, Frank Welker voicing the same

Also, Frank Welker voicing the same character he did in the animated series and video games. That blew my socks off. I really want a few good monologues out of him in the next movie!

To sum it up: This movie FINALLY seems to get the Transformers right on the big screen. This is really a must-see.
  11. Jul 27, 2014
    I'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, aI'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, a behemothic clan of die-hard fans and reluctant editorial reviewers and heads of literature departments. I actually enjoyed Age of Extinction. They synchronized with the previous blockbuster, seamlessly, without putting up my spoiler alert sign and warding off all fans that haven't seen the film. Go and see it yourself! I completely understand with Michael Bay here that it clearly gets difficult when you've thrown in every ounce of effort and pulled together all the loose ends, driven the film to huge successes. When is it right to take a new direction? Yes, it's almost completely different to the last films, yes, there are new characters, yes the whole sequencing of events from the get go is different. There seems to be more of a protagonistic outlook, characters are clearly thrown into their cliche stereotypes and remain there throughout but I still watched and was amazed by the depth of detail that has gone into this film. Maybe it was nice to add new characters, new robots, new areas of interests in the script, maybe it was time to add what was not added before. It had to be different, if it was Shea LeBouf saving the day again, and Megan Fox strutting across the screen, wouldn't you all of just said.. "We have seen this before". It's only a sellout when there is no reason for the release, and Age of Extinction has buckets full of content, cut scenes, CGI, emotion, raw passion and effort that you can see just like all the other films. It's Transformers, but with a twist. It's like fashion, you follow it for a certain amount of time and eventually it changes. Albeit with fashion, you can still wear your old clothes if you want. You can't go through what you've already thrown out to people in their millions on the silver screen, and show them what they've already seen. No-one saw this coming. No-one saw the difference. And that's why everyone is complaining because it's different, it's new ground, it's new territory and all these die-hard fans are now lost in an abyss, a new setting, a new backdrop for which Age of Extinction was brought towards.

I enjoyed Age of Extinction, just like I enjoyed the first, second and third. Someday, the plot has to change. Not all the characters can live on, it simply cannot be the same film you gotta watch every other year.

My final thoughts:
    Different, wild, surprising, breath taking CGI as always, good referencing to the previous additions, new content, new territory...
  12. Aug 1, 2014
    Great movie! Sad alot of people hated it though... I really loved this movie the action and character development were really cool. The only thing i noticed was it was kind of long i was getting tired in the last few minute's. Great movie deserves more credit.
  13. Jun 27, 2014
    Visuals and Audio are stunning. Dinobots and 3rd act still the show! Mark Walbergh is definitely a step up and Stanley Tucci delivers some of the best humor in the movie.
  14. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. transformers is amazing! i now realize that everybody hates this series because everybody hates Michael bay! this movie was funny it was very thrilling and it had a lot different storyline. this movie changed the face of Transformers. i love the part when the Dinobots come! Expand
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    lots of giant robots and action. That's what I like, that's why I watch films like this, that's what I expected this film to do, and it did it very well. If you were expecting something with a good story, good script, good acting, then you, im afraid to say, are an idiot.
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    Forget the critics. Buy a ticket and spend 3 hours at the edge of your seat watching a movie that's originally Michael Bay action only. You will never regret that decision ever.
  17. Jul 1, 2014
    This is great !! Start and middle were amazing, good plot and it went something, only negative was the last 15 minutes were Michael bay decided to blow up everything. Apart from that this was much better then the others!
  18. Jul 2, 2014
    This movie is better than any other transformers movie directed by Michael Bay with the number 4 in the title. Its also better than getting Aids. *Explodes violently.
  19. Aug 23, 2014
    this movie is really awesome if you want to see action and action and action, just turn off your brain and enjoy those special effects, and if you don't like that don't go and watch this movie
  20. Aug 5, 2014
    There is so many things you will like in this movie...
    There is some things that you can't understand,just watching the first movie,the second(that is my second favorite),and the third.
    I recommend this movie to everyone,The action is very cool and i had a good laugh in sometimes.
  21. Jul 5, 2014
    I can't make a movie, so my score originally as me as the audience. The CGI was really awesome. It's better than Superman last movie or Pacific Rim. It's also a smart twist protagonist characters issue, better than Robocop remake #LOL. I did hate Optimus Prime since the third movie. I mean he's really not a good leader. So, the problem was the character of the robots. They're beingI can't make a movie, so my score originally as me as the audience. The CGI was really awesome. It's better than Superman last movie or Pacific Rim. It's also a smart twist protagonist characters issue, better than Robocop remake #LOL. I did hate Optimus Prime since the third movie. I mean he's really not a good leader. So, the problem was the character of the robots. They're being boring. So, if it's the last Transformers from Michael Bay, I think he did the best. And we know, now, Michael Bay is Jurassic Park fans. Well, one lack thing about the movie was how lucky all the human main characters survived. There's the moment when one of them fell and rolled to the street, but not get hurt at all. #awkward Expand
  22. Jul 5, 2014
    this movie was just wow amazing explosions badass transformers and one of my favorite actors the plot was like call of duty were people try to save the world from a bomb but everything else was amazing
  23. Jun 30, 2014
    I don't understand why this movie is receiving such negative reviews.

Did people even watch the movie? It feels like a lot of these 0-3 point reviews, especially some of the "professional" ones that amount to little more than an artsy description of emotions, are little more than jumping on the bandwagon of how the previous Transformers movies were pretty weak. Fortunately, this
    I don't understand why this movie is receiving such negative reviews.

Did people even watch the movie?

Fortunately, this movie is completely different. I just saw it like literally 30 minutes ago, and it was the best transformers movie yet, in fact, in many ways it was the Transformers movie that we all wanted instead of what we got with "Nerd meets Fox, oh and btw there are robots 1-3" with the previous movies.

The movie was a chunky, good length, with good exposition and plot, the acting was much better than previous installments, and Whalberg was definitely a good fit to his character.

Most of all, the movie focused on the robots being awesome and not some stupid comic book love story. Although there is a little bit of campiness with certain elements like how the humans are turning their backs on the Autobots ...(again) at least as a premise to the story, and some cliche stuff when they focus on the human actors, the movie was really really great.

Perfect mix of balance between robots and human actors, with emphasis on robots. (Epic Optimus Prime riding a giant robot trex while flailing a sword around)

Great use of special effects, with (surprisingly) appropriate amount of pew pew explosions from Michael Bay

Good plot development and character relation, along with a nice long movie run time to let the story properly get fleshed out and play out nice chunky scenes giving great exposition to all the robots kicking but.

The cherry on the cake is that the "cliffhanger" if you can call it that, or rather the open ended possibility for the next movie (that we all know is coming) was actually really interesting and appropriately engaging, instead of the standard "see you next time" message that is lazily given like in the first movies, because they didn't know where the story was going in the next movie.

TLDR: Really great Transformers movie, lots of negative reviews are quite frankly ridiculous. Especially the "professional" ones. Worth the price of admission.

Gave it a 10 because Metacritic is basically the war of extremes now, where people only give 0-3 points if they didn't like a movie, instead of giving it a fair score. I think this movie deserves a solid 8.5
  24. Jun 29, 2014
    what a movie saw it my first time in a imax3d theater. this was a first movie nation release we where told by the manager that used imax full screen movie. he said the other movie usually the top and bottom are smaller. it was just amazing me and my friend saw it at the 8am showing. we both like it cannot wait for it to come out in blue ray. it is about 3 hours long for the movie andwhat a movie saw it my first time in a imax3d theater. this was a first movie nation release we where told by the manager that used imax full screen movie. he said the other movie usually the top and bottom are smaller. it was just amazing me and my friend saw it at the 8am showing. we both like it cannot wait for it to come out in blue ray. it is about 3 hours long for the movie and the coming attractions. so go easy on the soda i almost had to leave near the end i had to go badly but i made. Expand
  25. Jun 28, 2014
    Great action movie, story was a little better, ILM did an amazing job with visual effects, and no more SHIA! Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer and the voice actors were great but the other actors and actresses just sucked.
  26. Jun 29, 2014
    One of the best movies i have ever saw! The dinobots are sexy and the action is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! it is one of the rare movies that can make you get adrenaline
  27. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Transformers Age of Extinction is by far the best in the series. I'm confused why people are saying this one isn't the best in the series, when clearly it is. First off the acting is tremendously better, a way better lead role by Mark Walberg who's one of my favorite actors, Tj Miller was pretty funny until he died, Nicola Peltz was okay and her boyfriend is the only one I could say was not good. Stanley Tucci was pretty good in his role giving a lot of enthusiasm and humor. The CGI in this Transformers was just as good as in the other ones. I could say the CGI was a tad better in this one because at times I thought the transformers were real and not just CGI. The story was definitely better then the other two and just as good as the first movie. The story really rose up because of how good Mark Walberg did in his role. Honestly everything made sense in the story from the seed that turns anything into a transformers, to lockdown being the first transformers. I do wish that this one would have been the first transformers movie they came out with instead of going with Shia Lebouf for the first three, now the first movie was really good too but the second and third one were just okay. If anything they should of made this one the second in the series and completely erased the second and third one. My brother who thought both two and three were really stupid actually thought this one was really good and entertaining, lets admit these transformers movies are not like a masterpiece like Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather, but in my opinion what makes Transformers Age of Extinction just as good as them, is how much fun I had watching the movie. I had so much more fun watching this transformers movie then I did with other three combined. Overall Mark Walberg did a fantastic job and the Transformers were as Badass as ever, I give Transformers Age of Extinction a 9 out of 10. Expand
  28. Jul 5, 2014
    Easily the best action and sci fi movie so far. Mark Wahlberg and Michael Bay kept the good work they done in pain and gain and delivered a movie with unlimited action and nice jokes and twist in plots.
  29. Jun 27, 2014
    I have no clue on what the **** the critics here are thinking! The fourth Transformers looks swell and awesome! It looks like an amazing movie to us fans. Critics, go F*** yourself!!!!!
  30. Jun 27, 2014
    Transformers Age Of Extinction is by far, the best Transformers movie i have ever seen! You have to see it right now, i mean it has the Dinobots for Cybertron's sake! Grimlock looks great as well as the rest of our favorite Cybertronians like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Lockdown. Go see it, it's great!
  31. Jun 27, 2014
    I have never been so excited to see a Transformers movie since the first one. Yeah, last time I missed, but this time it was in digital 3D. I was booked for the best seat in the cinema hall. I prefer watching movie opening day itself because to avoid mix up with others opinion. I watch and I give my stance. Which makes my belief's unchangeable, if the opposite viewpoint to mine start toI have never been so excited to see a Transformers movie since the first one. Yeah, last time I missed, but this time it was in digital 3D. I was booked for the best seat in the cinema hall. I prefer watching movie opening day itself because to avoid mix up with others opinion. I watch and I give my stance. Which makes my belief's unchangeable, if the opposite viewpoint to mine start to pour.

Seen many 3D movies and this was one of the mind blowing one. I was very much satisfied with the graphics and sound mixing. I just wanted to remind you that I often play the opening 20 seconds of 'Dark of the Moon'. You know why, because I love that awesome metallic sound to hear it in surround speakers. This was the 2 hours and 45 minute long movie, the runtime was never been an issue to me. I would have loved it if another 10 minutes of the stunts were added. Lots of new Autobots were introduced like the one you saw in the trailers, the Dinobots. Even all the stunts and transformation of Autobots from automobiles were shown from far enough distance to enjoy with pleasure. The graphic movie geeks will love whole movie like it made specially for them.

It is partially a reboot movie. Someone just won't disappear into the thin air. They did not bother to clarify what happened to the original actors Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. I think we must assume that they will be back in the next and I don't think it is such a good idea. But still we need a proper explanation. Okay, this movie refreshed the franchise after lots of criticism in the last film. That's fine so the next film should take the responsibility on that matter. This is the only thing that worries the one who followed all the transformers movies. Other than that, there are minor flaws that are not big trouble maker once the entertainment began.

I don't know why there was so much hate on Michael Bay. Critics thinks they are the deciders who can change the fortune of a movie throwing it up between flop and success, but they are not. I really feel sorry for the audience who fall for those cheap tricks. Remember, critics are a bunch of sheep who follow one another till everyone fall into a deep hole, they may grab you along so be careful. The critic should change their profession or retire, because in the hundren years of film history, they were the obstacle for the filmmakers. Take advice from movie geeks if you needed one or take chances by yourself. That's what I gonna say you all.

Lots of refreshment in this fourth installment. The first one was the cast, I am very happy to bring all new faces here. I mean humans, not Autobots, as we know without or replace of Optimus Prime would not work. But we can see little bit upgrades in everything, including the technical side of the movie making as well as in the story. You are not only brought to the cinema hall to enjoy the giant robot like creature fight themselves, there were plenty of human side drama, sentiments and all the above the stunts.

It's really, really a grand idea to put Mark Wahlberg in the first place to this franchise. I can't praise that he saved this movie series in this part, but his presence made vast differences compared to the earlier three movies. In other side the humours were so good, it did play the part to put the movie on the right course. I still remember those funny lines from the movie and laugh. Especially, there is one I could not get rid off from my mind that follow like this: Swettie, get my alien gun. Hahaha. I know it was intense, but perfectly utilised in the perfect situation.

This time the grand finale was not in the US of America or Egypt or Arctic and Antartic, but was in China. Some of stunt sequences shot with the humans were greatly done on the edges of an old apartment building. Watching those in 3D gave me a thrilling experience. I also liked the songs that came when the stunts were in progress. The track was called 'Battle Cry' by Imagine Dragons, an awesome composition.

Like everyone categorize each installment with different ratings, I can't do that. I like all the before three movies equally with only the fractions of difference. The first two were so much fancied up and glamorized with the presence of Megan Fox. The third one was what tried to be more honest, but the cast does not look like blend well. That is where this the fourth movie made all the modifications and it worked. If this movie fails, then not because of the bad execution from the cast and crew, though the foul mouth critics to blame.

Anyway business wise it will do well all over the globe except the rating which will sink. This story ended with a strong line said by the great leader, Optimus Prime. That created more curious about the fifth movie. Hope the pre production begins very soon. In between that if you have not seen it yet, go for it. It is not a suggestion, but making you realise it was not bad like you have heard.

8.5/10
  32. Aug 11, 2014
    This movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool specialThis movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool special effects on the first film but the next time out you better have a great story line behind it because the new technology is no longer impressive on its own. Well after a steady decline from the first transformers to the 3rd it seems like Bay and his writers finally got it together. The introduced a new villain who is strong and makes the audience fell the actual danger he presents to optimus and the rest of the autobots. Also I liked the change in characters as the old characters were becoming to boring and predictable. Walhberg in Age of Extinction helps "transform" the Transformer franchise from a action franchise trying to be a comedy back into an actual action franchise that has some comedy within it. Also the addition of some new concepts and (CGI) characters also make the plot and storyline, as well as action that much more interesting. Transformers is back with this installment. Expand
  33. Jun 28, 2014
    this film is amazing there is no screaming sam wittwickey and the film is badass due to peter cullens performance as optimus prime and a badass villan some people hate this just coz micheal bay made well ill tell you transformers and micheal bay have nothin in common. some peeps dont kno a good movie when they see one 10/10
  34. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes. Perfect. This is what the other movies should have been. Great Acting, Amazing CGI. The Dinobots are amazing, just yes. For those who say this is terrible, you don't terrible. I hated when they killed off the last of the wreckers and Ratchet, But the rest is stunning, Megatron returning as Galvatron, introducing Lockdown, the showing of how the Autobots feel now that humans have turned on them and are creating new transformers using what's known as "Transformium", and Bumblebee, just Bumblebee. He freaking hilarious in this movie. I remember one part where they find stinger, which is a human created transformer based off him, but "Better in every way", He went BALLISTIC, gave a hefty "AW HELL NO", and almost wrecked that **** up! Great Movie. Now, there has been speculation that this will be Micheal Bay's Last TF movie. If it is, then amazing job ending your run at it, and deliver it to someone else who's good at making movies in this Genre, like J.J. Abrams. 10/10

"I hate cheap knockoffs."
    -Bumblebee
  35. Jul 3, 2014
    Awesome, must see in Imax 3D! This is not a Meril Streep movie for critics, this is a living Transformers action movie. There is a plot and a story, but (thankfully) nothing too deep. The action is beautiful and fantastic. These movies take huge liberties with mortality and the capability of the human body, but, so do other movies. My one gripe would be usage of nearly every profaneAwesome, must see in Imax 3D! This is not a Meril Streep movie for critics, this is a living Transformers action movie. There is a plot and a story, but (thankfully) nothing too deep. The action is beautiful and fantastic. These movies take huge liberties with mortality and the capability of the human body, but, so do other movies. My one gripe would be usage of nearly every profane word at least once, not great for young ears. Amazing experience, 2 hours and 45 minutes flew by. There are 2 chatty slowdown parts for your restroom needs. Expand
  36. Jul 31, 2014
    Time, and time again the magic of movies have come to surpass the expectations of everyday life. From the events we see on the six o'clock news..to the overabundance of violence we see in cinema..what does this have to do with Michael Bay's new film "Transformers: Age Of Extinction"? nothing..I just wanted a cool intro.
    I sit before you baffled, shocked and well.. obliterated as I feel
    I sit before you baffled, shocked and well.. obliterated as I feel like I have gone to battle and won. It's been quite some time since the little boy in me could ooze with so much excitement, anxiety and cheer. As only Michael Bay can do with his inept style of filmmaking. Which consists of two things 1) Blow stuff up, and 2) Blow more stuff up, while you are at it, why not just blow more stuff up. This approach has done wonders for his past attempts at filmmakings, speaking for itself. The lucrative and blockbuster famine that is "Transformers". Speaking for myself as a geeky fan boy who walks around aimlessly with an optimus prime on his wallet (judge me). I distinctly fell in love with everything Transformers back in 2009 when Bay and company changed my whole perspective on movies. Which is very rare to do, I might add.

Every since, I have worshiped Optimus Prime and the autobots as the neverending saga to defeat Megatron. There is just something about all the destruction, mayhem and action set pieces. Not to mention who can ever pass up a monologue from Optimus Prime. I mean golly, if he gave me a speech to climb mount everest, or fly to the moon you bet your ass I would die trying. So obviously you could say I am biased, but if you want one fans opinion, I suggest you keep reading.

Three hugely successful films later, I guess Bay felt the need to "reboot" or "start a new trilogy". Well folks, much like the first film back in 2009 "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" is presumably as advertised. A big budget spectacle that fits right in the middle of a warm Fourth Of July afternoon. The summer movie going season would be nothing, if we didn't have a Transformer movie to grace it. This time shuddering out former star boy Shia LaBeouf and replacing him with a better, leaner, and perhaps, more relatable Mark Wahlberg. At first glance I was appalled that the original cast was being reprimanded. Then again It could be very well for the best.

I digress as usual, the film picks up in the aftermath of "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon" where Chicago is left in ruins, and the government wants blood....and blood in the form of the Transformers. Hence the title "Age of Extinction" The hunt is on going for Optimus and his noble band of renegades that are forced into hiding and the CIA has cut a deal with the ruthless decepticons to get the job done. Optimus unlikely crosses path with Cade Yeager (Wahlberg) an inventor of sorts, the next Albert Einstein of his generation. Also a very stern, strict and passionate father to his only daughter Tris (Nicola Peltz). Cade, fixing junk to make ends meet, finds an abandoned rusted truck in an old closed down movie theater. Which turns out to be, you guessed it, Prime in the flesh. Bringing back a dated war the started long ago.

As fate would have it, an enemy foe (much like the last three Transformers) is threatening the fate of Humanity. The biggest question is .. does the audience really care?..I mean I don't know about you ... but I love watching Prime swoop in when all hope is lost and reluctantly kick some ass. It's predictable to a pulp..but its a formula that has been developed, and been proven to work. Some of the lines and bits of dialogue are a bit campy and cheesy (as expected). Kelsey Grammer's character at one point yells "Impossible" and I couldn't help but laugh, considering what movie he has been condensed in. I mean do you see the robots transforming around you?

Running a long, and sometimes brutal, two hours and forty four minutes I can't help but attest this film could be shorter. However, when the action is raging and the autobots are destroying heads like it's no tomorrow. Alas the runtime is a breeze. Fans of the genre (like myself) will be frothing at the mouth at the sight of the Dinobots (yes their entrance is all the more entertaining). The climactic battle is also the best the series has yet to offer, putting final battles like "The Avengers" to shame.

In addition the visual effects are top notch heavy and it's the same we all come to expect. While some of the characters we literally could care less about. (Including a very funny T.J Miller) Mark Wahlberg as the understandable father Cade Yeager is easy to get along with, and does his absolute best to give us a ground hero worth rooting for, and to a lesser extent. he does. Stanley Tucci also has ideally the best lines in the film..adding some much needed comedic elements to broaden the appeal towards the stunning conclusion. (If you can pay attention, with all the ruckus and mindless explosions taking place in the background)

Fans should also notice, while yes, there is humor.. "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" is far more darker then one would anticipate. Secondly, there is plenty of a set up for future installments so I highly doubt this is the last will see of these characters. Bumblebee is back in full swing as usual in his stunning yellow fashion. --The only thing that seemed to bother me the most, was how there was hardly any reference towards the past Transformer films. Not once is there a brief mention of Sam Witwicky (you know, Shia LaBeouf's character..you know...the one that founded the transformers and saved the world..three times). I understand that the crew is trying to turn a new leave..but I just find it highly unlikely they all just forgot about the man that made them famous.

In the end, don't come to expect nothing new from this film. In fact you should expect bigger and better. Chances are, if you're purchasing a ticket..you already know the ride you're in for. This is a smart technique that has worked wonders for the past installments and now a new bar has been set for the sequels that will grace it. Love, is always a strong word for me to use while discussing a movie. It definitely goes against my better judgement. But I just don't see how it's possible to walk out of this movie, without your heart beating out of your chest (as was mine) all to the tune of the great headliner song "Battle Cry" by Imagine Dragons. As this is just one man's humble opinion. I can agree that well, I loved "Transformers: Age Of Extinction".

A

Release Date: June 27th 2014
    Studio: Paramount Pictures

Thanks For Stopping By ®
  37. Jun 29, 2014
    This Movie was BOSS!!! Excellent once you get past the character intros that go along with 99% of all movies these days. The Action was Excellent, the CGI was better than the last 3 movies combined, the battle sequences were perfectly played out, and the motivations for the action sequences were well justified. Best movie of the Summer of 2014 Easily!
  38. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I believe this movie was mind blowing it had a lot of action and was just great. It was probably the second best in the franchise when it comes to plot but best in action terms. lockdown is a brilliant villan. Expand
  39. Dec 27, 2014
    High marks just for the sheer strength of over-the-top amazing SFX. Yes, there were plot holes, discontinuities and implausibilities but the focus is the Transformers and their mission and that's delivered in spades once again.
  40. Jul 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I definitely enjoyed this movie. It was definitely better than the 2nd or 3rd and almost better than the first. Marky Mark was definitely better the Shia in all aspects. The only MAJOR issue was the "Irish Boyfriend." Mark calls him "lucky charms" but I only remember an accent in one or two scenes. Terrible commitment to an accent. Other than that, I liked the story and the dialogue. Stanley Tucci was great is usual... Expand
  41. Sep 20, 2014
    Really good movie, id like to see Transformers continue like this in the future. Truly outstanding, good job Micheal Bay! I really hope that the rating for this movie increases. It does at least deserve a 7.5 score.
  42. Oct 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dear director of Transformers,

I upload this here because I couldn't find the right way to send my Ideas to director of Transformers.

Please read it and share good feedback. ^^

I am Yoo young jin, Grade 2 student.
    I love Transformers soooo much.

I 'd like to share Ideas about the next Transformers 5.
    I've listed some of my ideas here.:

1. I'd like the Characters to be the same as Transformers 4.
    2. I also want the antagonist to be Trucks.
    3. Can you also make a new Antagonist and a new good team? I mean additionally,
    I want a new antagonist (named Stuckers) is made of special liquid.
    When the car goes, suddenly it will turn into liquid and transform to a robot,
    When someone shoot the gun to him he will not die. Because it is liquid.
    And his Armys will be a sports car, very very nice sport car. I can send you a picture of my ideal car.
    4. When Optimus fight with Galvatron there minds will be changed and Optimus will be a bad, Galvatron will be a good side.
    Real good team will not know their minds are changed, so they will kill Galvetron but when they fight Glavatron will kill Drift.

5. Optimus will find a girl friend and they will kill Stuckers.
    6. But some Army will have an electric transforms,
    7. If can I wanna to see the place when you make new film.
    That's all. ^^
  43. Nov 8, 2014
    One of the best movie of 2014.And one of the best movie based on a famous franchise.I love Transformers cartoon and i love Transformers movie.Transformers: Age of Extinction is a great movie
  44. Jan 22, 2015
    Майкл Бэй справился со своей задачей на "ура" - показать как можно больше битв трансформеров.Саундтрек и визуальные эффекты просто бесподобны,чего не скажешь о сюжете.Вообщем,я получил то,чего ждал...
  45. Feb 18, 2015
    I absolutely loved this movie! For real, who can hate this movie? Almost nobody likes this movie, i don't get it. I liked this movie from start to finish, the plot was interesting and all the characters were good actors.

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Jan 9, 2015
    When someone in Age Of Extinction carps about “crap sequels and remakes” in movies, you almost choke on the audacity.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Frankl
    Jul 10, 2014
    Does Michael Bay fit the criteria of an auteur? He certainly has his own line of distinctive tropes: the migraine-inducing noise, the fetishistic gloss, the playground-bully characters elevated to hero status and a fervently male gaze.
  3. Reviewed by: Owen Williams
    Jul 7, 2014
    The loyal fans — and they are legion — will trot out clichés like, “Leave your brain at the door,” and defend Age Of Extinction’s right to be nothing but a succession of varoom! and kersmash! sequences. For those who aren’t still blindly faithful to something they liked when they were nine, despite the colossal scale, there’s little to see here.