4.5

1. Dec 4, 2014
    The Fourth Installment in the Transformers Movie Franchise in which all directed by the well-known ( in certain aspects ) Michael Bay! I was able to purchase a ticket and see this movie in the cinema. One of the best place's mankind has ever invented. Anyway, I liked it, because I gave it a 7/10 and my own Metascore to this movie? A 69/100. Of course, I gave those ratings the day after IThe Fourth Installment in the Transformers Movie Franchise in which all directed by the well-known ( in certain aspects ) Michael Bay! I was able to purchase a ticket and see this movie in the cinema. One of the best place's mankind has ever invented. Anyway, I liked it, because I gave it a 7/10 and my own Metascore to this movie? A 69/100. Of course, I gave those ratings the day after I saw the movie and I never finished my review, so I plan to buy it on blu-ray and see it there ( maybe 3D If I'm lucky ), and then lets see if I will still give it a 7/10 and a 69/100.

If not, then I will change my score and I will mention it in the re-posting the comment here. Lets see what happens!
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Sifting through the different reviews though the weekend I have noticed one primary criticism of TAOE – The movie’s length. Personally, I felt (somewhat stubbornly) that as long as Michael Bay just keeps me entertained I can look past the length and enjoy the movie. The problem – The first half of the movie was a drag, with little entertainment, little humor, little action and terribleSifting through the different reviews though the weekend I have noticed one primary criticism of TAOE – The movie’s length. Personally, I felt (somewhat stubbornly) that as long as Michael Bay just keeps me entertained I can look past the length and enjoy the movie. The problem – The first half of the movie was a drag, with little entertainment, little humor, little action and terrible (nonexistent) character development. Michael Bay could have easily trimmed the first hour and a half into a half hour. (Thus you have a 2 hour movie instead of a 3 hour movie – those movie theater seats are tough to sit through for 3 hours)

Halfway through this movie was well on its way to being the worst Transformers movie to date – and then something rare happened – Bay finally found his niche – and when he did – it was something special. The human story and the Transformers story found cohesiveness, the action picked up, the musical score made you care and a terrible film turned into a really solid entry. As usual the plot serves as an excuse for Michael Bay to blow things up, but it wasn’t as atrocious as the last two entries, it just needed to blow things up faster!

(Pros – Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammar, Lockdown, Dinobots and the final battle – Cons – The entire first half of the movie and the lack of humor) – Side Note: Mark Wahlberg’s character is an upgrade over the previous protagonist but you don’t realize it until the second half of the movie.

To conclude - it was all about the length - had Michael Bay trimmed (and he could have easily done so) an hour off of this film - it might have turned out to be the best Transformers yet - but one cannot look past, nor forgive the first hour and a half bore that this movie was. First Half gets a 5/10 and the Second Half gets a 10/10. Final Rating 7.5 out of 10 (Rounded to 8)
  3. Jun 29, 2014
    I still contend that everyone is entitled to their own opinion because opinions have nothing to do with truth, therefore my review will follow this philosophy. I am a fan of the movies as I am a fan of the cartoon series growing up, I did not embrace Shia LaBeouf's character for obvious reasons that limited space will not allow me to express. I however embraced Mark Wahlberg's characterI still contend that everyone is entitled to their own opinion because opinions have nothing to do with truth, therefore my review will follow this philosophy. I am a fan of the movies as I am a fan of the cartoon series growing up, I did not embrace Shia LaBeouf's character for obvious reasons that limited space will not allow me to express. I however embraced Mark Wahlberg's character even though the unnecessary banter between he and his daughter somewhat took away from the very basic action plot. Most reviews I have read seem to take extreme offense with the plot as if they wrote the story and director Michael Bay had no regard and completely butchered their work. With that said the plot in an action movie needs to have basic pieces: heroes, villains and the proverbial evil tries to triumph over good, with the unlikely hero emerging, Transformers: Age of Extinction has these pieces and then some. In an action movie you want good action, good fighting, good acting if possible and a climax that will make you say that was cool. The showing I went to see drew applause at the end as the credits began to roll, which was not a total surprise but caused me to rethink my overall review. I always say even though we have the right to offer our opinion does not excuse us from being responsible with our right (refer to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which was reviewed in a very critical way but grossed 1.2 billion dollars). Transformers is an age old program as along as you have Optimums Prime coming out on top in the end, I will see the movie every single time. In my opinion go see it you will enjoy, but only if you wish to be entertained. Expand
  4. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just the sheer number of hot sexy vehicles in this film made up for Bays' weak one liners in this film. This film had all I expected from Bay-formers. I could careless over the human characters really. They always had the weakest one liners & character development anyways, but I don't go to TF movies for the humans of course.

Mmm. Lots of metal clashing metal... if that's what you are into this the movie for you. Plus how many movies do you know that includes a blue and black Bugatti Veyron, Stingray, Camero, Earnhardt racing car, Pangani & a Lamborghini oh my... all in one film within 10mins from one another or all together at once. *drools*

The one liner jokes (there were a few funny ones here and there; others were just pathetic) don't bother me as much as the one dimensional dull vague characters, one of which I felt like punching her face, the teen **** Tessa. She was most annoying of all. Wanting to be a real normal teen? Really? Going out bagging some 20 yr old guy, end up pregnant and then he leaves you for another. oh yes very risky and fun Yea that's being a real teen alright. Her orange skin and cheap light pink lipstick didn't help the matter. I was so glad the alien being within Lockdowns' ship wanted to tentacle rape her and was hoping for it too. Hey, she wanted to be a "normal" teen right? Getting into trouble and screwing around right? Well in Hentai such gals get tentacled.

Back to the reason why I went to watch this film in the first place... the hot sexy mechanical sentient beings. Meow... I was stuck admiring either Lockdown or Drift... whose alt modes were making me drool so much I came out of the movie with cotton mouth, especially Drifts' blue Bugatti *fan girl moment*. :) I also definitely wouldn't mind having abomination of babies with Lockdown. Tall, dark, handsome, intelligent, and very resourceful (the guys' face turns to a huge cannon what's not to like). I agree with so many comments/reviews here, Lockdown is one extraordinary character. and I would have liked to see more of him in the future but he was killed off, too easily. Then Optimus Prime converts his physical plates into a knights' armor... sexy deliciousness! Then there is Drift who everyone seems to complain about him looking like a samurai. I didn't notice anyone, including TF fans, whining when Prowl in TF Animated reformatted his physical form into a samurai. If anyone who read the old Marvel US TF comics or Marvel UK comics in Cybertron there were a class of martial arts subcultures, one of which I could easily name on top of my head Metallikato (yes the one Bludgeon is most famous/infamous practitioner of this form). If you never read the comic books (Marvel US, Marvel UK, DW, and IDW to name a few), pay attention to the original G1 cartoons particularly season 3-4 (they mention the Quintessons being the creators of Cybertronians, originally as slaves for the Quintessons), & never read Convenient of prime (mentions a few primes as creators of all cyber-forms, one prime created Decepticons, another prime created Autobots & so forth), so of course many would be lost at some of the things mentioned & brought upon in this film.

One thing that baffled me were Galvatron & Stringer, upon first seeing them I actually was going "Stunticons?" Galvatrons' alt mode would have been an awesome form for either Motormaster (another I thought of was Nemesis Prime because the humans wanted him to look more like Optimus Prime), while Stringer made me think of Deadend.

When Lockdown mentioned about something greater, I was thinking of either the Quintessons or Unicron, in either case gave way to a sense there will be a part 5 in the future. That & Optimus Prime flying into space at the end taking with him the Seed (a thing that turns Earth into another Cybertron) gives a hint there may be a part 5.

For those wondering why OP was strong headed & aggressive with Grimlock, Understand that the Dinobots had always had a mind of their own, & usually allowed their primitive prehistoric alt modes (dinosaur minds and souls) to relish themselves and run wild. You basically have to smack a Dinobot to get his attention like a disobedient child or overtly aggressive dog. If OP didn't smack Grimlock around, he & the other Dinobots would've easily cause destruction wherever they would go. Which was why I was upset and confused when OP let loose the Dinobots, that's putting a lot of faith into beings who have still very primitive animal intentions and behavior. More clues for a potential part 5.

Besides the review posted here that complain over Cybertronians having creators, which dates back since season 3&4 of G1, was the one over humans creating TFs. I highly suggest watching TF Prime or read the original Marvel comics.

Overall, I enjoyed this film. For a Bay-formers I wasn't disappointed. Micheal Bay is Michael Bay. He is no Ridley Scott, Tim Burton or David Fincher, so I knew to expect very little plot, story & lots of explosions
  5. Jun 28, 2014
    This movie is a big budget movie about alien robots fighting. Plain and simple. What more do you want? What did you really expect to see when you went to it? It delivers on what it promises. I went to see it for that reason and wasn't disappointed. :)
  6. Jul 7, 2014
    I think this movie doesn't deserve all the negativity it's getting. I thought it was a really entertaining summer action movie and I didn't mind it was almost 3 hours long, because it was entertaining.

The first hour was really boring and nothing much happened, I was just waiting for more action and less talking (the conversations were really boring too). But once the action started, it was really good. The conversations got more interesting, the humor got better and I cared more about the characters.

The score was great too, especially in the last 45 minutes. It had a really epic feeling and it really added to the action. One of the things some critics (like JeremyJahns) said was that the visual effects were bad. I really didn't think so, it looked very good (except for the scene where Stanley Tucci shows the "Transformium", that looked extremely fake).

I thought Mark Wahlberg was a much better lead role than Shia LaBeouf, I cared more about his character, and the acting by the other actors was okay.

I think this movie was better than Transformers 2 and 3, and I really enjoyed it, so I'm giving it a 7/10.
  7. Jul 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG this movie was amazing! From start to end this movie was fantastic. Mark Wahlberg was great in the movie. Cade Yeager was a much better character then Sam Witwicky. Kelsey grammar was a great human villan (even though he died in the end.during during the battle between Optimus and Lockdown). Optimus prime is once again a true bad ass and Peter Cullen performance was excelent, but the sceen stealer is not the Dinobots (more on that later), but it is Lockdown (the bounty hunter).
    He was awsome and he was a better transformer villan then all of the villans in last three movies (megatron, the fallen and sentinal prime). now onto the dinobots and they were awsome. The best one is still Grimlock because he was more useful then the 3 others (slug, strafe and scorn) and seeing optimus prime riding grimlock into action against Galvatron and his drones in Hong Kong was a childhood dream come true :).
    One last thing is the ending where Optimus is flying into space to find his creators that Lockdown talked about when he was captured after that chase scene in Chicago with the Seed and Galvatron wowing to fight Prime another day. Optimus's end speech was great and it tells me that Transformers 5 is going to awsome.
    Overall Transformers Age Of Extinction is an amazing movie and in my opinion the best movie of 2014 so far. Its better then Cap 2, Godzilla and Xmen days of future past.
    Out of all of the four movies this is the best one. 10/10 and go out and see it if you haven't and expect a fun experience instead of a Oscar worthy movie.
  8. Jul 8, 2014
    Going in with proper expectations, I quite enjoyed this movie. It didn't feel extra long unlike other movies. The story was actually interesting and helped connect the action scenes, the part I care for more than the dialog. Mark Whalberg as a nerd was funny, but his lines could have been shorter and wittier. Stanley Tucci was a delight.
  9. Jun 27, 2014
    Before I even get started with this review, it'd be worth noting that I consider myself a fan of Transformers. Not just the originals, the Cybertron games, or the new animated renditions, but Transformers as a whole. Heck, I even like Bayformers, as these movies are a blast to watch despite betraying the core group of any franchises fandom: original fans. This betrayal is so bad that IBefore I even get started with this review, it'd be worth noting that I consider myself a fan of Transformers. Not just the originals, the Cybertron games, or the new animated renditions, but Transformers as a whole. Heck, I even like Bayformers, as these movies are a blast to watch despite betraying the core group of any franchises fandom: original fans. This betrayal is so bad that I can't go to a single place on the internet without seeing these fans complaining about how 'bad' the Bay films are, and in a sense, I agree with most of their complaints. There's far too much focus on humans, there's an incredibly goofy tone with unnecessary, raunchy jokes everywhere, Bumblebee is a freakin' mute that can't be fixed somehow, telling the difference between Autobot and Decepitcon is kinda tricky, history is re-written, and much much more. Fortunately, Transformers: Age of Extinction fixes some the things people hated, but was it enough? Yes. Yes it was. Here's why in an attempt not to spoil anything.

First of all, Age of Extinction is a lot more serious this time around. Taking place an entire 4 years after Dark of the Moon, we lose Sam Whitwicky/Shia Labeouf and get Cade Yaeger/Mark Whalberg as our human protagonist. Fortunately, this change of leads also changes the entire film's pace. No longer are we forced to endure the antics of a young adult who is heavily involved with his goof-ball parents, dumb friends, and requirement for a love-life, which I can't be any more thankful for. Instead, we're forced to endure the struggle a single dad who just wants his daughter to do well in life despite lacking requirements to do so. Much better already right? Well, it gets slightly better. Unlike the previous trilogy, this film doesn't rely too much on making the audience laugh as it does making the audience wonder what this film is actually rated due to how dark it's tone is. For a PG-13 film, some of the death's are pretty graphic, there are quite a few colorful words [we're talking multiple F-Bombs and overuse of the "Sh-" equivalent of "crap" here], and even the clean dialog was riddled with disturbing lines. Even Optimus Prime was a bit too dark for me to handle at times with his talk of actually killing humans and his plots of revenge, which I did not see coming. It's almost as if Ehren Kruger wrote this film after having a bad day or coming home from the funeral of a loved one.

Graphically, Age of Extinction does a pretty good job but occasionally kills the mood with a few hiccups. On the plus side, Transformers are much easier to tell apart thanks to the noticeably brighter color palette used to represent the Autobots, and the lack of color for everyone else. As much as I'd like to say that "everyone else" is a Decepticon, it's impossible to as the majority of antagonists and the Dinobots didn't have a faction. On the down side, there are more than a couple scenes in this movie that were poorly animated. This never applied for the Transformers of course, but some green screen's were obvious to detect thanks to terrible lighting, and a lot of other three dimensional objects just didn't sit right with the surrounding environments. It's kind of upsetting really.

Personally, I think the worst part about this entire movie is what we all thought served as the film's main focus: Dinobots. Every advertisement for this movie from video to image form highlighted their existence and made it out to be a pretty big deal, especially the T-Rex Transformer who fans of the franchise could only assume is Grimlock, and Swoop as the pterodactyl. Unfortunately, every scene involving the Dinobots is a pretty hard smack to the face for anyone who knows Transformers lore, and an even bigger smack to the face for everyone else who was simply anticipating something new, as they didn't even appear until the film's final moments. I'm not going to get into what the Dinobots are in this movie, but I will say this: it has been about 12 hours since I walked out of that theater, and after explaining what the dinobots 'were' to a few friends that didn't know, I can't help but facepalm in disappointment. Their history wasn't only completely changed, but they weren't given names and had no way to communicate aside from brute force. Look guys, Grimlock may have been slow, but he could at least speak, dang it!

Overall I enjoyed this movie. Actually, I think Age of Extinction is the best of the Bayformer's movies and I'll more than likely see it again in IMAX. I would have done so originally, but I feared that this movie would be bad and saw the normal version first. This movie definitely could have been a bit shorter though, despite it not feeling as long thanks to how entertained I was from start to finish. Also, I'm beyond excited to see where the next film goes. Without spoiling too much, let's just just say that we may finally be getting a Transformer's movie that focuses on the Transformer's.
  10. Jul 7, 2014
    Not nearly as bad as the professional critics would have you believe but not the glorified film making the diehard fans describe either. Overall, the movie takes the franchise in a new plot direction but the film making formula is the same. The action is enjoyable and the special effects are some of the best I have ever seen. Overly long but worth it if you have 3 hours to kill. I hope theNot nearly as bad as the professional critics would have you believe but not the glorified film making the diehard fans describe either. Overall, the movie takes the franchise in a new plot direction but the film making formula is the same. The action is enjoyable and the special effects are some of the best I have ever seen. Overly long but worth it if you have 3 hours to kill. I hope the sequel is tighter and more coherent because this movie is a great spectacle at least. Expand
  11. Jul 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I understand why most people don't like this movie because it is directed by Michael Bay, and all the previous movies that suck, but I feel like the story this time isn't that formulaic like the previous one. Therefore, not matter how bad or terrible the story is, it give me some surprise. Like the previous movies, it has a lot of action, if you are looking for stunning CGI effect or realistic destruction,it is a must watch, but I think that some action scene is very fake because human enemy can't even shoot, they are literally blind. There is some problems in this movie. The movie features 3-4 villains but I feel like that the movie only focuses in one only while neglected other major ones especially at the end of the movie. The movie also makes me hate some human character. I don't really care about the human character story because they are poorly-written. Also, what I don't like is they killed Ratchet and Optimus Prime suddenly know how to fly. Expand
  12. Jul 11, 2014
    I went to see this movie with low expectations as i was not a huge fan of the first three movies. I feel this film broke free from the common ground of the last two (World ending, 2 hours of fighting, not much plot or anything else). Don't get me wrong this film is very much in line with those movies but instead of the constant war we get some nice plot and much needed breaks in theI went to see this movie with low expectations as i was not a huge fan of the first three movies. I feel this film broke free from the common ground of the last two (World ending, 2 hours of fighting, not much plot or anything else). Don't get me wrong this film is very much in line with those movies but instead of the constant war we get some nice plot and much needed breaks in the action, this helped pace the movie better and also let the viewers get to know the Autobots more where as the other movies just threw in new ones with no personality or care whatsoever. This film is far from perfect, it's 2hr 45min run time is very long but i feel the pacing was sufficient and the time did not drag except for a few places here and there, the dinobots were also underutilized a lot which was to be expected really as it would have been a short film with such powerful bots with them at all times. Overall i would say this was a fun action movie for the summer, plenty of fun car chases that hark back to old 70's chase films, plenty of robot action and some enjoyable story aspects make this, in my opinion, the best transformers yet, not perfect, but definitely an improvement and definitely worth a watch. Expand
  13. Jul 8, 2014
    The film was made good, a lot of amazing special effects. But the storyline is lost in the middle of the film.
    Very ill-conceived storyline, sometimes it is very boring. But all in all film is good
  14. Jul 26, 2014
    Hey what do you except from a transformers movie? When you wanna watch it : it's in order to see enjoyable action sequences, non stop action scenes and spectacular CGI effects!! The story might have been written by a 6 years old child but .. WE DONT CARE. AND WE SHOULD NOT CARE!!

If you liked the previous transformers movies, watch it! To my mind, it's the best transformers movie! :D
  15. Jul 10, 2014
    The original, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were all fairly adequate Transformers films, but suffered due to the direction it took, Michael Bay is by no means a bad director, and with the arrival of the fourth film, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a step in the right direction, it steered clear of some of what made the previous films less enjoyable, while it may not haveThe original, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon were all fairly adequate Transformers films, but suffered due to the direction it took, Michael Bay is by no means a bad director, and with the arrival of the fourth film, Transformers: Age of Extinction is a step in the right direction, it steered clear of some of what made the previous films less enjoyable, while it may not have been enough to compensate for the previous films, they successfully make up for it by including new and refreshing elements such as Dinobots and Transformers & Humans that have actual personalities, in addition, there are little winks and nods hidden within the film, Mark Wahlberg is a very welcome protagonist to the film and Peter Cullen completely embodies the role of Optimus Prime, additionally, the visuals and special effects were outstanding, especially the details Watching this film in IMAX is a unique experience, and I recommend watching it in IMAX if you can, it's worth it Expand
  16. Jul 10, 2014
    The best transformers movie ever..................Dont listen to others who say its a bad film.They dont know anything about how to review a movie.Awesome story,awesome action,and awesome humours.A must watch in the theatres.
  17. Jul 11, 2014
    This movie for me wasnt as bad as some people put it. Its got some bad things, yes, but can you really expect a movie to be 100%? I did have to admit that the film was decades long but sometimes its long for a reason; to build up the characters. I liked the special effects and it had some gripping moments. The plot was ok, but if you never watched transformers, then you will have no ideaThis movie for me wasnt as bad as some people put it. Its got some bad things, yes, but can you really expect a movie to be 100%? I did have to admit that the film was decades long but sometimes its long for a reason; to build up the characters. I liked the special effects and it had some gripping moments. The plot was ok, but if you never watched transformers, then you will have no idea who is who. I really liked the dinosaurs as well but I can see where people are coming from. Not the best film but fight scenes, emotional scenes, funny scenes, they all seemed legit. There were times where they included humor in places not need. Example, the Soya Milk scene... That wasnt really needed because that wasnt what you would do, but it was nice to have some humor. For me 8/10 would be appropriate. Expand
  18. Jul 11, 2014
    My god! Michael Bay is so awsome at directing films. The film was funny, action packed and heart pounding. The Protaganist kade (Mark Whalberg) Produced an amazing performance and I cannot understand why people hate Michael Bay. I would'nt take your 4 year old child for bad language and adult humor but an all around great film!
  19. Jul 12, 2014
    I loved this movie. Sure, there were a few corny lines here and there, and some obvious toy marketing, but this was just a really fun movie. I haven't really enjoyed much about the other Transformers movies, but with Age of Extinction it feels like Michael Bay has finally learned how to make an actual good movie. I would gladly see this one again.

Also, Frank Welker voicing the same

Also, Frank Welker voicing the same character he did in the animated series and video games. That blew my socks off. I really want a few good monologues out of him in the next movie!

To sum it up: This movie FINALLY seems to get the Transformers right on the big screen. This is really a must-see.
  20. Jul 27, 2014
    I'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, aI'd love to jump on the sweaty heated boat that every other reviewer has embarked on, I'd leave my fancy new shoes if I had every faith I was being led in the right direction but I won't. In fact, I was extremely surprised that the storyline pulled together quite brilliantly. It may not match the stature, the huge epic force that is the Transformers, an empire of fans, a legion, a behemothic clan of die-hard fans and reluctant editorial reviewers and heads of literature departments. I actually enjoyed Age of Extinction. They synchronized with the previous blockbuster, seamlessly, without putting up my spoiler alert sign and warding off all fans that haven't seen the film. Go and see it yourself! I completely understand with Michael Bay here that it clearly gets difficult when you've thrown in every ounce of effort and pulled together all the loose ends, driven the film to huge successes. When is it right to take a new direction? Yes, it's almost completely different to the last films, yes, there are new characters, yes the whole sequencing of events from the get go is different. There seems to be more of a protagonistic outlook, characters are clearly thrown into their cliche stereotypes and remain there throughout but I still watched and was amazed by the depth of detail that has gone into this film. Maybe it was nice to add new characters, new robots, new areas of interests in the script, maybe it was time to add what was not added before. It had to be different, if it was Shea LeBouf saving the day again, and Megan Fox strutting across the screen, wouldn't you all of just said.. "We have seen this before". It's only a sellout when there is no reason for the release, and Age of Extinction has buckets full of content, cut scenes, CGI, emotion, raw passion and effort that you can see just like all the other films. It's Transformers, but with a twist. It's like fashion, you follow it for a certain amount of time and eventually it changes. Albeit with fashion, you can still wear your old clothes if you want. You can't go through what you've already thrown out to people in their millions on the silver screen, and show them what they've already seen. No-one saw this coming. No-one saw the difference. And that's why everyone is complaining because it's different, it's new ground, it's new territory and all these die-hard fans are now lost in an abyss, a new setting, a new backdrop for which Age of Extinction was brought towards.

I enjoyed Age of Extinction, just like I enjoyed the first, second and third. Someday, the plot has to change. Not all the characters can live on, it simply cannot be the same film you gotta watch every other year.

My final thoughts:
    Different, wild, surprising, breath taking CGI as always, good referencing to the previous additions, new content, new territory...
  21. Aug 2, 2014
    If you are a fan of the transformers, you will love this movie. michael bay's directing is diffrent from other directors and not one of the best, but he makes movies with action in his own way and i like that :) so well done ;)
  22. Aug 14, 2014
    Best movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hangBest movie ever. Love the line "There a missile in the living room!" The plot, lines, sound quality, and actions are out of this world outstanding. The is movie may be long, but it keeps you on the edge of your seats. This movie is really good even though I'm not a fan of Transformers. People who said this movie is horrible, like IMDb, Rotten Tomato, and others should fire and hang themselves. Could be the movie of the decades, if it wasn't for those bastards who rate below 4.5 stars! I never went to the restroom even though I really need to. If I'm the theater managers, I would sells the tickets for this movie about $124.99 dollars. This movie is not for the low-intelligence who can't even rate a movie correctly. Better than Mr. Turner and Life Itself! If I can change this movie, I would add two autobots who is a Lexus LFA and a Subaru BRZ STi! Expand
  23. Aug 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie. Although I slightly missed the feeling I got from the first three. That doesn't mean it's still action packed. The villain Lockdown looks very sinister and overall really cool. Peter Cullen returning as the voice of Optimus Prime was again very good. There was a lot transformers in this movie and was overall very fun to watch.
  24. Aug 28, 2014
    the film was awesome. i loved it and the cool transformers they had. the movie was well thought out and properly put together and made well. lots of action through it as well. better than all the other transformers.
  25. Jun 27, 2014
    lots of giant robots and action. That's what I like, that's why I watch films like this, that's what I expected this film to do, and it did it very well. If you were expecting something with a good story, good script, good acting, then you, im afraid to say, are an idiot.
  26. Jun 29, 2014
    It's what you would expect from a Transformers movie. **** story, useless characters, awesome battle scenes. But, you only come to Transformers for the battles, don't you?
    The fighting is the only part I really cared for. 8/10, because it could get boring.
  27. Jun 28, 2014
    It's a great film with some holes with a massive problem. The writer ehren Kruger the writer. It's his writing style which has caused everyone to hate transformers. There's only one way to make transformers better and that to get rid of him and get the original writers back from transformers 1
  28. Aug 1, 2014
    Great movie! Sad alot of people hated it though... I really loved this movie the action and character development were really cool. The only thing i noticed was it was kind of long i was getting tired in the last few minute's. Great movie deserves more credit.
  29. Jun 27, 2014
    Visuals and Audio are stunning. Dinobots and 3rd act still the show! Mark Walbergh is definitely a step up and Stanley Tucci delivers some of the best humor in the movie.
  30. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. transformers is amazing! i now realize that everybody hates this series because everybody hates Michael bay! this movie was funny it was very thrilling and it had a lot different storyline. this movie changed the face of Transformers. i love the part when the Dinobots come! Expand
  31. Jun 29, 2014
    This is a very good movie. Forget the critics reviews. This movie's 3D effects are great, and so is the animation. The only cons are a few unlikeable characters, and an average story.
  32. Jun 27, 2014
    Whether you like or dislike the series, this entry won't sway you either way. It was nice to have a new cast and set of autobots to somewhat freshen up the series. The visuals are stunning, but we have come to expect that with this series. My biggest gripe was the length.
  33. Jun 30, 2014
    Forget the critics. Buy a ticket and spend 3 hours at the edge of your seat watching a movie that's originally Michael Bay action only. You will never regret that decision ever.
  34. Jul 1, 2014
    This is great !! Start and middle were amazing, good plot and it went something, only negative was the last 15 minutes were Michael bay decided to blow up everything. Apart from that this was much better then the others!
  35. Jul 2, 2014
    So I decided to skip Dark of the Moon and just go straight to Age of Extinction since that's the only one that people care about right now. This movie is just a really fun and enjoyable experience and their really isn't too much to say other than that. Sure the plot doesn't really make any sense and it wont be winning any Oscars but who really cares about that in a movie where OptimusSo I decided to skip Dark of the Moon and just go straight to Age of Extinction since that's the only one that people care about right now. This movie is just a really fun and enjoyable experience and their really isn't too much to say other than that. Sure the plot doesn't really make any sense and it wont be winning any Oscars but who really cares about that in a movie where Optimus Prime rides a giant, robotic, fire-breathing dinosaur (Grimlock but he is not actually given a name) into battle. The only reason I didn't rate this movie higher is because its WAY TOO LONG. Seriously I know all of Michael Bays movies are about 2 and a half hours but 45 minutes could've easily been cut from this movie. (P.S Lockdown is AWESOME) Expand
  36. Jul 2, 2014
    This movie is better than any other transformers movie directed by Michael Bay with the number 4 in the title. Its also better than getting Aids. *Explodes violently.
  37. Jul 10, 2014
    This is a movie that you should know what you are in for before entering the theatre. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and received the expected "are you kidding?" Giant robots ripping things apart, action scenes, destruction, lame dialogue . . . it met all expectations. I would not rate this as high as Pacific Rim or Godzilla but worth the price of admission just to see it on theThis is a movie that you should know what you are in for before entering the theatre. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and received the expected "are you kidding?" Giant robots ripping things apart, action scenes, destruction, lame dialogue . . . it met all expectations. I would not rate this as high as Pacific Rim or Godzilla but worth the price of admission just to see it on the big screen. People who are looking for an "experience" or tear jerker; wait in line for Notebook 2 or 3; I liked it!! Expand
  38. Jul 28, 2014
    I liked this movie more than others. A plot a bit more polished, and a little' less trivial. Obviously with the usual nonsense from the blockbuster movie, but all in all with some nice ideas.
  39. Jul 18, 2014
    Both scores, professional and public, ring false. Feels like a few lonely voices nattering as Transformers makes its way to another billion dollars or more. Somebody is flocking to the theaters to see this movie in defiance of those who see it as some sort of IQ dissolver. Well, the movie was entertaining. Mark Wahlberg brought some welcome energy to the movie. And Michael "laughing alBoth scores, professional and public, ring false. Feels like a few lonely voices nattering as Transformers makes its way to another billion dollars or more. Somebody is flocking to the theaters to see this movie in defiance of those who see it as some sort of IQ dissolver. Well, the movie was entertaining. Mark Wahlberg brought some welcome energy to the movie. And Michael "laughing al the way to the bank" Bay did his job, as expected. Lengthwise one certainly got their money's worth. There was a tonne of new stuff. So, who are these whingers? Some class of movie intelligentsia dedicated to stamping out mindless big summer billion dollar movies? The movie is for children and anyone who doesn't have a bit of child left in them is in a sorry state indeed. My kid loved it; and he has an IQ well above average. Expand
  40. Jul 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good film, but i felt that it needed more autobots and decepticons, metaphorically. action and violence sometimes are so short: i wanted more scenes with the dinobots. I'm agree with Wahlberg being the father who protects his family: his daughter. Tucci and his obsession, sometimes insane and maddening, makes laugh. for the next time i think that mr. kruger and mr. bay must add more development on the characters. finally: it's a good film but it need more elements. Expand
  41. Jul 8, 2014
    I enjoyed Transformers Age of Extinction to the point that I watched it twice and snuck into the showings that had started a bit after mine so that I could simply catch that last 30-45 mins. Negative reviews are partly based on the fact that we had seen this before and that it was all done before. And that’s valid. But I approach each film by seeing if the transformers film I want to watchI enjoyed Transformers Age of Extinction to the point that I watched it twice and snuck into the showings that had started a bit after mine so that I could simply catch that last 30-45 mins. Negative reviews are partly based on the fact that we had seen this before and that it was all done before. And that’s valid. But I approach each film by seeing if the transformers film I want to watch is playing before me. And so far it wasn’t. It had dogs humping, robots peeing, masturbation jokes, very little robot action, and blurry action when you got it, and an abundance of comic relief characters. I hate them all (comic relief characters and films)!
    And then I got this one. It had all the robot action I could need, and clean longer shots you could follow, the robots were distinguishable, and the humans didnt piss me off to no end. You might find this a very juvenile list of needs, but we are talking about a movie based off a toy line in the 80s. For so many films I just kept thinking “how hard is it to mess this up, it’s about giant robots fighting, just show us that” and I finally got it. I finally got my big dumb robot film that doesn’t annoy me. Now, I never ever need to watch the other ones again. It might suck that this is the same film as the others for you, but I am thankful because to me it’s the better version of the film Michael Bay was always trying to make, and I am glad that I now have a transformers movie I can bear to rewatch. That’s my review!
  42. Mar 29, 2015
    Transformers: Age of extinction, con sus avances en los trailers, podemos ver bastante acción y explosiones, por tanto es lo que probablemente varios espectadores esperaron, y es lo que en gran parte se vio en este film.

Esta película se podría decir que era una de las más esperadas en su año y que al final en donde se esperaban varios explosiones, acción, peleas, y grandes transformers (como fué en las anteriores entregas), y, al fin al cabo, no los entregó de una manera potente. Sí, es cierto de que tiene un guión un poco flojo y que resulta bastante larga (más de 160 minutos) por tanto se podría decir que la primera hora llega a ser un tanto pesada., pero al final toda la acción que nos ofrece y la potente carga de efectos visuales (merecedores de al menos una Nominación al Oscar) logran darle mucha más vida a este largometraje bastante explosivo, por así decirlo.
  43. Jul 5, 2014
    this movie was just wow amazing explosions badass transformers and one of my favorite actors the plot was like call of duty were people try to save the world from a bomb but everything else was amazing
  44. Jul 26, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is a movie that recycles almost everything you have seen in all the three previous movies, but this time with a fresh cast that is surprisingly redeeming to the one blockbuster franchise that knows it is so pathetic, but I was enjoying it. At the end of the day, I found myself the only one applauding at the end of the movie; yes it is a guilty pleasure of mine.
  45. Sep 22, 2014
    They took the biggest flaws of the original 3, and shaved them down. Less "comic" relief, less black-ops-ey crap, no Shia Lebouf, and less Jar-Jar robots. One of the badguys didn't have a big role, but when he/she survived, it made it rewarding. Secondary villains is only a bad thing if their role doesn't live up, and with the assurance of more movies, no complaints here. The targetThey took the biggest flaws of the original 3, and shaved them down. Less "comic" relief, less black-ops-ey crap, no Shia Lebouf, and less Jar-Jar robots. One of the badguys didn't have a big role, but when he/she survived, it made it rewarding. Secondary villains is only a bad thing if their role doesn't live up, and with the assurance of more movies, no complaints here. The target audience is still teenagers, but it swears as much as it can to lighten that feel. Plus, its based on a cartoon so.. cmon. Everything else is great.

I'd like to hear better scripting. Make the characters sound smart. Even if intelligent script flies over some people's heads, well.. Star Wars: A New Hope confused me as a child but I still watched it daily. Eh, and the liquid-metal transforming thing is just so un-mechanical that it kinda kills the techy setting.

I know its probably too late, don't watch the trailer. It spoils a highlight of the last act.
  46. Jun 30, 2014
    I don't understand why this movie is receiving such negative reviews.

Did people even watch the movie? It feels like a lot of these 0-3 point reviews, especially some of the "professional" ones that amount to little more than an artsy description of emotions, are little more than jumping on the bandwagon of how the previous Transformers movies were pretty weak. Fortunately, this
    I don't understand why this movie is receiving such negative reviews.

Did people even watch the movie?

Fortunately, this movie is completely different. I just saw it like literally 30 minutes ago, and it was the best transformers movie yet, in fact, in many ways it was the Transformers movie that we all wanted instead of what we got with "Nerd meets Fox, oh and btw there are robots 1-3" with the previous movies.

The movie was a chunky, good length, with good exposition and plot, the acting was much better than previous installments, and Whalberg was definitely a good fit to his character.

Most of all, the movie focused on the robots being awesome and not some stupid comic book love story. Although there is a little bit of campiness with certain elements like how the humans are turning their backs on the Autobots ...(again) at least as a premise to the story, and some cliche stuff when they focus on the human actors, the movie was really really great.

Perfect mix of balance between robots and human actors, with emphasis on robots. (Epic Optimus Prime riding a giant robot trex while flailing a sword around)

Great use of special effects, with (surprisingly) appropriate amount of pew pew explosions from Michael Bay

Good plot development and character relation, along with a nice long movie run time to let the story properly get fleshed out and play out nice chunky scenes giving great exposition to all the robots kicking but.

The cherry on the cake is that the "cliffhanger" if you can call it that, or rather the open ended possibility for the next movie (that we all know is coming) was actually really interesting and appropriately engaging, instead of the standard "see you next time" message that is lazily given like in the first movies, because they didn't know where the story was going in the next movie.

TLDR: Really great Transformers movie, lots of negative reviews are quite frankly ridiculous. Especially the "professional" ones. Worth the price of admission.

Gave it a 10 because Metacritic is basically the war of extremes now, where people only give 0-3 points if they didn't like a movie, instead of giving it a fair score. I think this movie deserves a solid 8.5
  47. Jun 29, 2014
    what a movie saw it my first time in a imax3d theater. this was a first movie nation release we where told by the manager that used imax full screen movie. he said the other movie usually the top and bottom are smaller. it was just amazing me and my friend saw it at the 8am showing. we both like it cannot wait for it to come out in blue ray. it is about 3 hours long for the movie andwhat a movie saw it my first time in a imax3d theater. this was a first movie nation release we where told by the manager that used imax full screen movie. he said the other movie usually the top and bottom are smaller. it was just amazing me and my friend saw it at the 8am showing. we both like it cannot wait for it to come out in blue ray. it is about 3 hours long for the movie and the coming attractions. so go easy on the soda i almost had to leave near the end i had to go badly but i made. Expand
  48. Jun 29, 2014
    One of the best movies i have ever saw! The dinobots are sexy and the action is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! it is one of the rare movies that can make you get adrenaline
  49. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Transformers Age of Extinction is by far the best in the series. I'm confused why people are saying this one isn't the best in the series, when clearly it is. First off the acting is tremendously better, a way better lead role by Mark Walberg who's one of my favorite actors, Tj Miller was pretty funny until he died, Nicola Peltz was okay and her boyfriend is the only one I could say was not good. Stanley Tucci was pretty good in his role giving a lot of enthusiasm and humor. The CGI in this Transformers was just as good as in the other ones. I could say the CGI was a tad better in this one because at times I thought the transformers were real and not just CGI. The story was definitely better then the other two and just as good as the first movie. The story really rose up because of how good Mark Walberg did in his role. Honestly everything made sense in the story from the seed that turns anything into a transformers, to lockdown being the first transformers. I do wish that this one would have been the first transformers movie they came out with instead of going with Shia Lebouf for the first three, now the first movie was really good too but the second and third one were just okay. If anything they should of made this one the second in the series and completely erased the second and third one. My brother who thought both two and three were really stupid actually thought this one was really good and entertaining, lets admit these transformers movies are not like a masterpiece like Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather, but in my opinion what makes Transformers Age of Extinction just as good as them, is how much fun I had watching the movie. I had so much more fun watching this transformers movie then I did with other three combined. Overall Mark Walberg did a fantastic job and the Transformers were as Badass as ever, I give Transformers Age of Extinction a 9 out of 10. Expand
  50. Jul 5, 2014
    Easily the best action and sci fi movie so far. Mark Wahlberg and Michael Bay kept the good work they done in pain and gain and delivered a movie with unlimited action and nice jokes and twist in plots.
  51. Jun 27, 2014
    I have no clue on what the **** the critics here are thinking! The fourth Transformers looks swell and awesome! It looks like an amazing movie to us fans. Critics, go F*** yourself!!!!!
  52. Jun 28, 2014
    Great action movie, story was a little better, ILM did an amazing job with visual effects, and no more SHIA! Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer and the voice actors were great but the other actors and actresses just sucked.
  53. Jun 27, 2014
    Transformers Age Of Extinction is by far, the best Transformers movie i have ever seen! You have to see it right now, i mean it has the Dinobots for Cybertron's sake! Grimlock looks great as well as the rest of our favorite Cybertronians like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Lockdown. Go see it, it's great!
  54. Jun 27, 2014
    I have never been so excited to see a Transformers movie since the first one. Yeah, last time I missed, but this time it was in digital 3D. I was booked for the best seat in the cinema hall. I prefer watching movie opening day itself because to avoid mix up with others opinion. I watch and I give my stance. Which makes my belief's unchangeable, if the opposite viewpoint to mine start toI have never been so excited to see a Transformers movie since the first one. Yeah, last time I missed, but this time it was in digital 3D. I was booked for the best seat in the cinema hall. I prefer watching movie opening day itself because to avoid mix up with others opinion. I watch and I give my stance. Which makes my belief's unchangeable, if the opposite viewpoint to mine start to pour.

Seen many 3D movies and this was one of the mind blowing one. I was very much satisfied with the graphics and sound mixing. I just wanted to remind you that I often play the opening 20 seconds of 'Dark of the Moon'. You know why, because I love that awesome metallic sound to hear it in surround speakers. This was the 2 hours and 45 minute long movie, the runtime was never been an issue to me. I would have loved it if another 10 minutes of the stunts were added. Lots of new Autobots were introduced like the one you saw in the trailers, the Dinobots. Even all the stunts and transformation of Autobots from automobiles were shown from far enough distance to enjoy with pleasure. The graphic movie geeks will love whole movie like it made specially for them.

It is partially a reboot movie. Someone just won't disappear into the thin air. They did not bother to clarify what happened to the original actors Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. I think we must assume that they will be back in the next and I don't think it is such a good idea. But still we need a proper explanation. Okay, this movie refreshed the franchise after lots of criticism in the last film. That's fine so the next film should take the responsibility on that matter. This is the only thing that worries the one who followed all the transformers movies. Other than that, there are minor flaws that are not big trouble maker once the entertainment began.

I don't know why there was so much hate on Michael Bay. Critics thinks they are the deciders who can change the fortune of a movie throwing it up between flop and success, but they are not. I really feel sorry for the audience who fall for those cheap tricks. Remember, critics are a bunch of sheep who follow one another till everyone fall into a deep hole, they may grab you along so be careful. The critic should change their profession or retire, because in the hundren years of film history, they were the obstacle for the filmmakers. Take advice from movie geeks if you needed one or take chances by yourself. That's what I gonna say you all.

Lots of refreshment in this fourth installment. The first one was the cast, I am very happy to bring all new faces here. I mean humans, not Autobots, as we know without or replace of Optimus Prime would not work. But we can see little bit upgrades in everything, including the technical side of the movie making as well as in the story. You are not only brought to the cinema hall to enjoy the giant robot like creature fight themselves, there were plenty of human side drama, sentiments and all the above the stunts.

It's really, really a grand idea to put Mark Wahlberg in the first place to this franchise. I can't praise that he saved this movie series in this part, but his presence made vast differences compared to the earlier three movies. In other side the humours were so good, it did play the part to put the movie on the right course. I still remember those funny lines from the movie and laugh. Especially, there is one I could not get rid off from my mind that follow like this: Swettie, get my alien gun. Hahaha. I know it was intense, but perfectly utilised in the perfect situation.

This time the grand finale was not in the US of America or Egypt or Arctic and Antartic, but was in China. Some of stunt sequences shot with the humans were greatly done on the edges of an old apartment building. Watching those in 3D gave me a thrilling experience. I also liked the songs that came when the stunts were in progress. The track was called 'Battle Cry' by Imagine Dragons, an awesome composition.

Like everyone categorize each installment with different ratings, I can't do that. I like all the before three movies equally with only the fractions of difference. The first two were so much fancied up and glamorized with the presence of Megan Fox. The third one was what tried to be more honest, but the cast does not look like blend well. That is where this the fourth movie made all the modifications and it worked. If this movie fails, then not because of the bad execution from the cast and crew, though the foul mouth critics to blame.

Anyway business wise it will do well all over the globe except the rating which will sink. This story ended with a strong line said by the great leader, Optimus Prime. That created more curious about the fifth movie. Hope the pre production begins very soon. In between that if you have not seen it yet, go for it. It is not a suggestion, but making you realise it was not bad like you have heard.

8.5/10
  55. Jul 5, 2014
    This part is AWESOME of all because I haven't seen that much action in any movie before. Yes little drag but this movie is for REAL fans who follow transformers not for those who are looking for LOGICS :). Also I like new storyline with the role of Wahlberg and entry of all new bots. Good job Mr. Bay
  56. Aug 23, 2014
    this movie is really awesome if you want to see action and action and action, just turn off your brain and enjoy those special effects, and if you don't like that don't go and watch this movie
  57. Jul 5, 2014
    I can't make a movie, so my score originally as me as the audience. The CGI was really awesome. It's better than Superman last movie or Pacific Rim. It's also a smart twist protagonist characters issue, better than Robocop remake #LOL. I did hate Optimus Prime since the third movie. I mean he's really not a good leader. So, the problem was the character of the robots. They're beingI can't make a movie, so my score originally as me as the audience. The CGI was really awesome. It's better than Superman last movie or Pacific Rim. It's also a smart twist protagonist characters issue, better than Robocop remake #LOL. I did hate Optimus Prime since the third movie. I mean he's really not a good leader. So, the problem was the character of the robots. They're being boring. So, if it's the last Transformers from Michael Bay, I think he did the best. And we know, now, Michael Bay is Jurassic Park fans. Well, one lack thing about the movie was how lucky all the human main characters survived. There's the moment when one of them fell and rolled to the street, but not get hurt at all. #awkward Expand
  58. Jul 5, 2014
    This site just proves that most of these are opinion based. Everyone has their opinions and looking at some of the movies that got great reviews compared to some of the ones with bad reviews proved that. Some of the high rating movies were horrible, while some of these with lower scores should have been higher, but that's only my opinion.

This is a pretty good movie, much better than

This is a pretty good movie, much better than the last one. Plenty of action, decent actors and as many have said, no Sam.
  59. Aug 11, 2014
    This movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool specialThis movie is very good and revives the Transformer franchise. The first transformers was amazing and it lived off the fact that we have never seen anyone bring the transformers to life the way that Bay did. The next two transformers movies tried to live off of that success which did not work. technology evolves so fast these days that you may get by on a great concept and cool special effects on the first film but the next time out you better have a great story line behind it because the new technology is no longer impressive on its own. Well after a steady decline from the first transformers to the 3rd it seems like Bay and his writers finally got it together. The introduced a new villain who is strong and makes the audience fell the actual danger he presents to optimus and the rest of the autobots. Also I liked the change in characters as the old characters were becoming to boring and predictable. Walhberg in Age of Extinction helps "transform" the Transformer franchise from a action franchise trying to be a comedy back into an actual action franchise that has some comedy within it. Also the addition of some new concepts and (CGI) characters also make the plot and storyline, as well as action that much more interesting. Transformers is back with this installment. Expand
  60. Jun 28, 2014
    this film is amazing there is no screaming sam wittwickey and the film is badass due to peter cullens performance as optimus prime and a badass villan some people hate this just coz micheal bay made well ill tell you transformers and micheal bay have nothin in common. some peeps dont kno a good movie when they see one 10/10
  61. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes. Perfect. This is what the other movies should have been. Great Acting, Amazing CGI. The Dinobots are amazing, just yes. For those who say this is terrible, you don't terrible. I hated when they killed off the last of the wreckers and Ratchet, But the rest is stunning, Megatron returning as Galvatron, introducing Lockdown, the showing of how the Autobots feel now that humans have turned on them and are creating new transformers using what's known as "Transformium", and Bumblebee, just Bumblebee. He freaking hilarious in this movie. I remember one part where they find stinger, which is a human created transformer based off him, but "Better in every way", He went BALLISTIC, gave a hefty "AW HELL NO", and almost wrecked that **** up! Great Movie. Now, there has been speculation that this will be Micheal Bay's Last TF movie. If it is, then amazing job ending your run at it, and deliver it to someone else who's good at making movies in this Genre, like J.J. Abrams. 10/10

"I hate cheap knockoffs."
    -Bumblebee
  62. Jul 3, 2014
    Awesome, must see in Imax 3D! This is not a Meril Streep movie for critics, this is a living Transformers action movie. There is a plot and a story, but (thankfully) nothing too deep. The action is beautiful and fantastic. These movies take huge liberties with mortality and the capability of the human body, but, so do other movies. My one gripe would be usage of nearly every profaneAwesome, must see in Imax 3D! This is not a Meril Streep movie for critics, this is a living Transformers action movie. There is a plot and a story, but (thankfully) nothing too deep. The action is beautiful and fantastic. These movies take huge liberties with mortality and the capability of the human body, but, so do other movies. My one gripe would be usage of nearly every profane word at least once, not great for young ears. Amazing experience, 2 hours and 45 minutes flew by. There are 2 chatty slowdown parts for your restroom needs. Expand
  63. Jun 30, 2014
    In my humble opinion, everyone should read this review.

I am a regular guy who is married with kids, educated and normal. I grew up with Transformers and have seen all the movies. I went in a bit negative thinking this was just going to be eye candy and thinking 2 hrs and 45 mins! Good God that is too long. I saw a couple trailers, but not much media on it. I really liked the
    In my humble opinion, everyone should read this review.

I really liked the first one and I did enjoy the second one. The third one was very bland for me. I am not one of those stupid reviewers who think they need to compare this kind of a movie to say The Godfather. The Transformer movies are action, cgi, eye candy movies and we only hope the story is decent. SO the bar is set lower as it should.

I highly doubt most professional reviewers even watched more than 10 mins of the film. Rather than go to enjoy a movie, they are looking to stupid reasons why they can rip into this movie. Reviewers hate Michael Bay. We all know this.

"Age of Extinction is just another warmed-over, cynical, ATM machine of a movie. It’s soulless eye candy." Richard "useless" Roeper. Thanks, Dichard. Why even to bother to write that. Just skip it next time.

"Everything about Michael Bay’s fourth Transformers movie is too much. Its 165 minute running time. Its convoluted plot. Its deafening score. Its product placement. Its never-ending action scenes. Its swooping camera work. Its overwhelming stupidity. Well before it finished I was numb from its bludgeoning excess." David McGinn Sounds like a jealous, bitter man to me.

"The Bay-man has made the worst and most worthless Transformers movie yet. I know, hard to believe, right? How could any summer blockbuster be as dull, dumb and soul-sucking as the first three Transformers movies? Step right up. " Peter Travelers He gave it a zero. So he just hates Bay and I don't even know why he bothered to write anything as the reader has learned nothing. I doubt he watched the movie at all.

Let's ask some important questions.
    Is this movie way to long? Yes. Bay could have cut 30 mins from the film and given us the same effect.
    Is this movie loud? Yes. Why does that matter? Is war and crashing robots quiet?
    Is there a bunch of product placements? Yes, but only critics care about this. Welcome to the world of profit ****
    Is this just the same old story and nonsense as the first three? No. A million times no.

The story is a bit complicated and jumbled, but I assure you of this the movie moves along quickly and you will get the story. You will also be happy of the new storyline if you enjoyed the first movie.

From a visual aspect, I have no idea how this only cost $210 million. There is so much going on visually, I was amazed. I have seen many more movies that cost nearly that much and have only 1%CGI of what is in this movie. Honestly, the people who made this movie must be insane. How can they even think of this and then put it on screen and make it look real. Let's get real here, the CGI is the main character and it is pure awesome.

I really liked the new characters. I like that one of them was killed off within the first 30 mins.

The story has evolved and is original. Trust me. The Transformers themselves are not as nice as they used to be and I love that. Marky Mark is fun and I like his character. I do not like to give away plot points or break down a movie for you. I like to tell you if it is worth your money and some sort of a reasonable expectation.

If you liked the first Transformers movie, you will like this movie. All the negative comments by others really don't matter. If you like action cgi movies, this is a very good one. I give it a 7. 8 if it would have cut 30 mins from it. As an action movie, it main job is to excite me. If it has a decent story it adds points. Action is a 10. Story for an action movie is a 7. Overall, 7.
  64. Jun 30, 2014
    The movie is not as bad as every review is making it out to be. It certainly is not a perfect movie, but if you've enjoyed the previous ones, then don't let anyone dissuade you and just go see it. A lot of the complaints are just people nitpicking because their jobs as "reviewers" have warped their mind and keeps them from enjoying anything. However some of the complaints aren't justThe movie is not as bad as every review is making it out to be. It certainly is not a perfect movie, but if you've enjoyed the previous ones, then don't let anyone dissuade you and just go see it. A lot of the complaints are just people nitpicking because their jobs as "reviewers" have warped their mind and keeps them from enjoying anything. However some of the complaints aren't just opinion, but fact. Yes, the movie is 30min to an hour too long and Yes, the third act goes to China just to appeal to Chinese audiences at the expense of the plot. I was tired of the childish humor from the previous movies and this one did away with it and just focused on the robots, which is good. So, go see it or don't, but make sure it is your own decision. Expand
  65. Jul 1, 2014
    Dont know why everyone criticising this movie,eventhough the story/script is not upto the mark...the action sequences are all outstanding...really i loved this movie...best movie in the series..... no boring at all.... :)
  66. Oct 4, 2014
    It was very entertaining and the fight scenes this time were much better than in the first 3 movies, I also prefer Mark over Shia, I give it an 8/10, it was a very good movie.
  67. Jun 27, 2014
    stupid physics.. problem with history... not impressive ost... steve jobs... no meagn fox... but.. rlly.. not bad movie... ))) i dont know what most people expect... but i'm happy that saw this movie in imax... 8 from 10.
  68. Jul 2, 2014
    Saw the reviews here and went to see the movie anyway just out of curiosity for why it made a 100 million so quickly at the box office.

If you're looking for depth, riveting storyline, and something extraordinarily different from the earlier movies, this movie isn't for you. But if you put that aside, like to see cool CG effects, hot women, and generally have a popcorn flick where

But if you put that aside, like to see cool CG effects, hot women, and generally have a popcorn flick where you can switch off your brain and watch the spectacle unfold, this movie isn't half bad. Its far from being a great movie, but it is even further from being a terrible or unwatchable one. Give it a go
  69. Jun 30, 2014
    It is what it is. You know going in what you're going to get. My 8 year old loved it, which is the way it should be since it's a movie based on toys. And it kept me entertained the whole way through...barely. Would've been a lot more enjoyable were it a half hour shorter.
  70. Jun 30, 2014
    I was a little baffled by the end of this Michael Bay movie, Transformers 1-3 were filled with potty humor and glamorizing hot female bodies. Age of Extinction made 1 reference to 'hot teenager' and thats about as far as the high school mentality went in the movie.
    The first hour of the film dealt heavily on establishing a story that rid it of the 'eck' of Transformers 1-3. Mark Wahlberg brought a breath of new life into the franchise as a calm collected scientist versus a kid that just screamed 'NO NO NO' for 2 straight hours through 3 movies.
    I would consider this without a doubt the best in the series, though some people will note that it did have less considerable earth damage as compared to the Battle of Chicago in Transformers 3, which I think the battle sequences in that film are the best battle sequences in film history that were not based on real events (don't want to piss of Tora, Tora, Tora or Saving Private Ryan Fans).
    If you even tolerated T1-3 and thought they could be vastly improved with better acting/actors and something that resembled more of a plot. You will like this.
  71. Jul 31, 2014
    Time, and time again the magic of movies have come to surpass the expectations of everyday life. From the events we see on the six o'clock news..to the overabundance of violence we see in cinema..what does this have to do with Michael Bay's new film "Transformers: Age Of Extinction"? nothing..I just wanted a cool intro.
    I sit before you baffled, shocked and well.. obliterated as I feel
    I sit before you baffled, shocked and well.. obliterated as I feel like I have gone to battle and won. It's been quite some time since the little boy in me could ooze with so much excitement, anxiety and cheer. As only Michael Bay can do with his inept style of filmmaking. Which consists of two things 1) Blow stuff up, and 2) Blow more stuff up, while you are at it, why not just blow more stuff up. This approach has done wonders for his past attempts at filmmakings, speaking for itself. The lucrative and blockbuster famine that is "Transformers". Speaking for myself as a geeky fan boy who walks around aimlessly with an optimus prime on his wallet (judge me). I distinctly fell in love with everything Transformers back in 2009 when Bay and company changed my whole perspective on movies. Which is very rare to do, I might add.

Every since, I have worshiped Optimus Prime and the autobots as the neverending saga to defeat Megatron. There is just something about all the destruction, mayhem and action set pieces. Not to mention who can ever pass up a monologue from Optimus Prime. I mean golly, if he gave me a speech to climb mount everest, or fly to the moon you bet your ass I would die trying. So obviously you could say I am biased, but if you want one fans opinion, I suggest you keep reading.

Three hugely successful films later, I guess Bay felt the need to "reboot" or "start a new trilogy". Well folks, much like the first film back in 2009 "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" is presumably as advertised. A big budget spectacle that fits right in the middle of a warm Fourth Of July afternoon. The summer movie going season would be nothing, if we didn't have a Transformer movie to grace it. This time shuddering out former star boy Shia LaBeouf and replacing him with a better, leaner, and perhaps, more relatable Mark Wahlberg. At first glance I was appalled that the original cast was being reprimanded. Then again It could be very well for the best.

I digress as usual, the film picks up in the aftermath of "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon" where Chicago is left in ruins, and the government wants blood....and blood in the form of the Transformers. Hence the title "Age of Extinction" The hunt is on going for Optimus and his noble band of renegades that are forced into hiding and the CIA has cut a deal with the ruthless decepticons to get the job done. Optimus unlikely crosses path with Cade Yeager (Wahlberg) an inventor of sorts, the next Albert Einstein of his generation. Also a very stern, strict and passionate father to his only daughter Tris (Nicola Peltz). Cade, fixing junk to make ends meet, finds an abandoned rusted truck in an old closed down movie theater. Which turns out to be, you guessed it, Prime in the flesh. Bringing back a dated war the started long ago.

As fate would have it, an enemy foe (much like the last three Transformers) is threatening the fate of Humanity. The biggest question is .. does the audience really care?..I mean I don't know about you ... but I love watching Prime swoop in when all hope is lost and reluctantly kick some ass. It's predictable to a pulp..but its a formula that has been developed, and been proven to work. Some of the lines and bits of dialogue are a bit campy and cheesy (as expected). Kelsey Grammer's character at one point yells "Impossible" and I couldn't help but laugh, considering what movie he has been condensed in. I mean do you see the robots transforming around you?

Running a long, and sometimes brutal, two hours and forty four minutes I can't help but attest this film could be shorter. However, when the action is raging and the autobots are destroying heads like it's no tomorrow. Alas the runtime is a breeze. Fans of the genre (like myself) will be frothing at the mouth at the sight of the Dinobots (yes their entrance is all the more entertaining). The climactic battle is also the best the series has yet to offer, putting final battles like "The Avengers" to shame.

In addition the visual effects are top notch heavy and it's the same we all come to expect. While some of the characters we literally could care less about. (Including a very funny T.J Miller) Mark Wahlberg as the understandable father Cade Yeager is easy to get along with, and does his absolute best to give us a ground hero worth rooting for, and to a lesser extent. he does. Stanley Tucci also has ideally the best lines in the film..adding some much needed comedic elements to broaden the appeal towards the stunning conclusion. (If you can pay attention, with all the ruckus and mindless explosions taking place in the background)

Fans should also notice, while yes, there is humor.. "Transformers: Age Of Extinction" is far more darker then one would anticipate. Secondly, there is plenty of a set up for future installments so I highly doubt this is the last will see of these characters. Bumblebee is back in full swing as usual in his stunning yellow fashion. --The only thing that seemed to bother me the most, was how there was hardly any reference towards the past Transformer films. Not once is there a brief mention of Sam Witwicky (you know, Shia LaBeouf's character..you know...the one that founded the transformers and saved the world..three times). I understand that the crew is trying to turn a new leave..but I just find it highly unlikely they all just forgot about the man that made them famous.

In the end, don't come to expect nothing new from this film. In fact you should expect bigger and better. Chances are, if you're purchasing a ticket..you already know the ride you're in for. This is a smart technique that has worked wonders for the past installments and now a new bar has been set for the sequels that will grace it. Love, is always a strong word for me to use while discussing a movie. It definitely goes against my better judgement. But I just don't see how it's possible to walk out of this movie, without your heart beating out of your chest (as was mine) all to the tune of the great headliner song "Battle Cry" by Imagine Dragons. As this is just one man's humble opinion. I can agree that well, I loved "Transformers: Age Of Extinction".

A

Release Date: June 27th 2014
    Studio: Paramount Pictures

Thanks For Stopping By ®
  72. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok I give this movie a solid 6.75 I couldnt put 6.75 but I did not agree with the movie critics because lets face it they really are the bad ones in this. I think this movie did need lots of work still let me talk about the good stuff then the bad. First Voices of the transformers new team loved them love john goodman loved Petter cullen, Ken Watanbe. They were witty and funny. Second, Stanley's character Josh I enjoyed he was funny as well. The music with Imagine Dragons was really cool I loved the dino bot scenes and select of the action sequences. This is where is goes sour, I liked the idea on the story it seemed like the characters plots were cool idea but the characters who played them were really bad the daughter was very boring the boyfriends was a whiner the dad was ehh the better out of the 3 but still needed more personality hes a inventor not a fighter? Does the daughter HAVE too look around the dads age I get he had her when he was 18 I get that but I didnt really like that concept. It was basically giving the actors a eccues to be young a good looking. I think throw that away make a actual legit real characters with matching personality. This movie was WAY too long almost 3 hours of non stop action felt like too much action. I wanted to like this movie through the whole thing. At parts im like ok thats cool ok thats no yea what? I had alot of wtf why moments. I actually liked this movie better than the 3rd one. the 3rd one was really bad and you felt nothing out of no one. This movie actually had a little bit of a spark. Expand
  73. Jun 29, 2014
    I love to see hypocrite people criticizing this movie so hard, and still it rules the box office with $100 Mil. People are idiots, specially critics. They think because they didn't like a movie, is bad. I know, if a high number of people think the same, it has to mean something. But, c'mon, this is a TRANSFORMERS movie, what did they expect? Also, the "Hey, this movie is pretty good, it'sI love to see hypocrite people criticizing this movie so hard, and still it rules the box office with $100 Mil. People are idiots, specially critics. They think because they didn't like a movie, is bad. I know, if a high number of people think the same, it has to mean something. But, c'mon, this is a TRANSFORMERS movie, what did they expect? Also, the "Hey, this movie is pretty good, it's worth the 3 hours runtime! / Hey, this movie is very bad, don't waste 3 hours of your life!" argument is complete **** Expand
  74. Jun 29, 2014
    This Movie was BOSS!!! Excellent once you get past the character intros that go along with 99% of all movies these days. The Action was Excellent, the CGI was better than the last 3 movies combined, the battle sequences were perfectly played out, and the motivations for the action sequences were well justified. Best movie of the Summer of 2014 Easily!
  75. Jun 29, 2014
    In my opinion this movie was great and even maybe one of the best films in the summer, the story line was good, but there were a few sub plots and it could be confusing but in the end these sub plots do make sense, the actors were great and special effects were also good. In the end though this movie was great.
  76. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I believe this movie was mind blowing it had a lot of action and was just great. It was probably the second best in the franchise when it comes to plot but best in action terms. lockdown is a brilliant villan. Expand
  77. Dec 27, 2014
    High marks just for the sheer strength of over-the-top amazing SFX. Yes, there were plot holes, discontinuities and implausibilities but the focus is the Transformers and their mission and that's delivered in spades once again.
  78. Aug 3, 2014
    This the 2nd best transformers movie. This movie strikes the best balance between human and robot scenes and no annoying Shia. The Autobots considering to murdering humans at one point is a breath of fresh air compared to the obnoxiously saccharine sentimental optimism about humans in the earlier movies. The new decepticon transformation is crappy though. Dont listen to the sheep and giveThis the 2nd best transformers movie. This movie strikes the best balance between human and robot scenes and no annoying Shia. The Autobots considering to murdering humans at one point is a breath of fresh air compared to the obnoxiously saccharine sentimental optimism about humans in the earlier movies. The new decepticon transformation is crappy though. Dont listen to the sheep and give this movie a try. Expand
  79. Jul 15, 2014
    While this film is not perfect it is an improvement among the previous instalments mark walberg is brilliant the plot makes enough scenes to carry you thought the long length and the action is very on point in addition to this this film just about fingered out what elements to leave behind leaving us with a average robot flick
  80. Jul 28, 2014
    I no not why some people are hating on this film as much as they are, in comparison to the other three transformer films this is by far the best and most entertaining. Far from perfect, but I would easily watch again. If one can overlook its forced humour and scripted pieces, then you should enjoy it. If you don't, in my opinion, you just went to the wrong cinema screen and now your ****I no not why some people are hating on this film as much as they are, in comparison to the other three transformer films this is by far the best and most entertaining. Far from perfect, but I would easily watch again. If one can overlook its forced humour and scripted pieces, then you should enjoy it. If you don't, in my opinion, you just went to the wrong cinema screen and now your **** about it. Don't expect 12 years a slave from Transformers guys, its supposed to be this way. Expand
  81. Oct 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is too long, but it's badass fun. Sound Mixing was Really Loud and I liked it. Actors were OK. Storyline Fact: No Storyline. It Will get you confused. So Much Action! This movie is kind of Recommended. Expand
  82. Oct 26, 2014
    Another step forward in the history of imagination as manifested in cinema.

From the first Transformers movie, Spielberg and Bay communicated to me that what they were after. More than story, more than characters, they were after an abstract "poetry in motion," a kind of abstract action-painting made possible by ILM's handling of characters made of hundreds of separate, moving pieces.
    Another step forward in the history of imagination as manifested in cinema.

This goal was evidenced in the one or two dialog-less action-plus-sound-design sequences in the first film, which succeeded in my mind--and I think in theirs--as "poetry in motion."

The latest "Extinction" movie succeeds as poetry in motion at least as well as earlier episodes.

I suggest people stop reviewing Transformer movies as “adult” movies or movies for adults. They are for eight year old eyes; or, maybe even four and five year old boy eyes. When you were forming your visual and imaginative vocabulary as a child, can you imagine how this Transformers movie might impress you? I think very powerfully in a mostly good way, as movies go.

That Transformer movies are weak in character and plot does not bother me because they dare to create something much more difficult: an authentic fairy tale. In this "Extinction" is among the best one or two Transformer-movies-as-fairy-tales.
  83. Jul 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I definitely enjoyed this movie. It was definitely better than the 2nd or 3rd and almost better than the first. Marky Mark was definitely better the Shia in all aspects. The only MAJOR issue was the "Irish Boyfriend." Mark calls him "lucky charms" but I only remember an accent in one or two scenes. Terrible commitment to an accent. Other than that, I liked the story and the dialogue. Stanley Tucci was great is usual... Expand
  84. Oct 8, 2014
    So it's time for another Micheal Bay explosion filled Transformers movie, and that's exactly what you get. Just like past Transformers and the new TMNT movie this one is filled full of amazing eye watering CGI action. Because that's all you really need for a movie like this, The story is...well it's there but not much past the whole "Oh no someone must save the planet from this superSo it's time for another Micheal Bay explosion filled Transformers movie, and that's exactly what you get. Just like past Transformers and the new TMNT movie this one is filled full of amazing eye watering CGI action. Because that's all you really need for a movie like this, The story is...well it's there but not much past the whole "Oh no someone must save the planet from this super strong robot". If you are looking for a great weekend action movie Transformers will do you good, It does run a little long but you wont even notice because your focused on everything exploding.
    oh and did I mention, Dino-Bots(Robotic Dinosaurs)?
  85. Sep 20, 2014
    Really good movie, id like to see Transformers continue like this in the future. Truly outstanding, good job Micheal Bay! I really hope that the rating for this movie increases. It does at least deserve a 7.5 score.
  86. Oct 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dear director of Transformers,

I upload this here because I couldn't find the right way to send my Ideas to director of Transformers.

Please read it and share good feedback. ^^

I am Yoo young jin, Grade 2 student.
    I love Transformers soooo much.

I 'd like to share Ideas about the next Transformers 5.
    I've listed some of my ideas here.:

1. I'd like the Characters to be the same as Transformers 4.
    2. I also want the antagonist to be Trucks.
    3. Can you also make a new Antagonist and a new good team? I mean additionally,
    I want a new antagonist (named Stuckers) is made of special liquid.
    When the car goes, suddenly it will turn into liquid and transform to a robot,
    When someone shoot the gun to him he will not die. Because it is liquid.
    And his Armys will be a sports car, very very nice sport car. I can send you a picture of my ideal car.
    4. When Optimus fight with Galvatron there minds will be changed and Optimus will be a bad, Galvatron will be a good side.
    Real good team will not know their minds are changed, so they will kill Galvetron but when they fight Glavatron will kill Drift.

5. Optimus will find a girl friend and they will kill Stuckers.
    6. But some Army will have an electric transforms,
    7. If can I wanna to see the place when you make new film.
    That's all. ^^
  87. Nov 8, 2014
    One of the best movie of 2014.And one of the best movie based on a famous franchise.I love Transformers cartoon and i love Transformers movie.Transformers: Age of Extinction is a great movie
  88. Jan 22, 2015
    Майкл Бэй справился со своей задачей на "ура" - показать как можно больше битв трансформеров.Саундтрек и визуальные эффекты просто бесподобны,чего не скажешь о сюжете.Вообщем,я получил то,чего ждал...
  89. Feb 17, 2015
    I actually considered the film a step forward compared to installments two and three. Surely, one cannot expect much from this franchise - it is an action packed film with giant robots and giant dinosaur robots without any artistic value or depth whatsoever. Whoever expected more is quite gullible. Now, compared to the earlier installments - I actually thought this one was better than mostI actually considered the film a step forward compared to installments two and three. Surely, one cannot expect much from this franchise - it is an action packed film with giant robots and giant dinosaur robots without any artistic value or depth whatsoever. Whoever expected more is quite gullible. Now, compared to the earlier installments - I actually thought this one was better than most of them, with the exception of the first one. It doesn't elevate the animation, the story is basically the same with a wonderful variety of holes and WTF moments, but all in all - it does deliver the anticipated and expected adrenaline burst you'd want to get when watching giant robot dinosaurs (finally, Michael, finally - the Dinobots!). The Mark Whalberg-plot is better than the one with Shia, Stanley Tucci is charming as always and the plot itself is pretty much digestible. As far as a major minus goes, the new Autobots are just... what? why? I mean, we've seen three movies and I'm all for bringing in new and original characters (I mean, John Goodman was brilliant!), but with an already developed franchise it looks exceptionally dumb to introduce new characters that haven't been mentioned before... ever. That was my biggest objection to the movie.

To sum it up, another shallow action packed adrenaline rush delivered by Michael Bay, but certainly something better than some of the earlier installments. Unlike the others, this is watchable for both fans and those who just like to see things get smashed but with no Hulk around...
  90. Feb 18, 2015
    I absolutely loved this movie! For real, who can hate this movie? Almost nobody likes this movie, i don't get it. I liked this movie from start to finish, the plot was interesting and all the characters were good actors.
  91. Jun 11, 2015
    Transformers Age of Extinction is overall a very good movie in my opinion.The movie isn't going for an Oscar or anything but still the Visuals and the story line were enough to keep me engaged until the very end.Maybe I just like big explosions,long running time movies and Robots fighting.What can I say,I enjoyed the movie.
  92. Jun 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is pretty fun. I saw this with my dad and we both liked it. I think it is the second best of the series, the best, of course, being the first one. This movie is still way too long, and the dinobots weren't in the movie enough to warrant them being on every single poster promoting the film. But Bay seemed to actually make this movie with a thought in his mind about having a plot. The animation is great in this film and the plot is actually pretty cool. It's nonsensical, sure, but it's easy to follow. This is a legitimately good picture, and does provide a refreshing new cast and tone to the series. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Jan 9, 2015
    When someone in Age Of Extinction carps about “crap sequels and remakes” in movies, you almost choke on the audacity.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Frankl
    Jul 10, 2014
    Does Michael Bay fit the criteria of an auteur? He certainly has his own line of distinctive tropes: the migraine-inducing noise, the fetishistic gloss, the playground-bully characters elevated to hero status and a fervently male gaze.
  3. Reviewed by: Owen Williams
    Jul 7, 2014
    The loyal fans — and they are legion — will trot out clichés like, “Leave your brain at the door,” and defend Age Of Extinction’s right to be nothing but a succession of varoom! and kersmash! sequences. For those who aren’t still blindly faithful to something they liked when they were nine, despite the colossal scale, there’s little to see here.