4.5

1. Jun 29, 2016
    Worst movie ever, everybody hates it because of the scene where a guy gets fried by a grenade and Optimus Prime doesn't care! Don't let everybody watch it!
  2. Jun 27, 2016
    An insult to what Dino-bots are, they know how to talk and would never let anyone ride them not even Optimus. And also a destruction of the original Galvatron that should have not been created by humans, we aren´t that advanced, there is just a big plot hole in here...
  3. Jun 7, 2016
    Why does bay keep raping peoples childhoods with these terrible movies. If you have seen the other transformers movies, its the exact same thing, with more explosions that bay would @#%* to, more racism, and more jokes that make adam sandlers look good by comparrision.
  4. May 25, 2016
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is another effort of Michael Bay at throwing shiny robots, explosions and dumb characters into a basic story that cannot be more stupid, hoping somehow it will work.
  5. May 15, 2016
    Michael Bay is a director who doesn't know when to stop. Every single time one of his movies gets bashed by critics and audiences, he carries on making his movies, I'm not sure if that's an inspiration, or just that's plain ignoring everyone who is offering constructive criticism.

I did not have high hopes for 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' simply because after having sat through three of his other films, what could be so different about this one? Yes, it has a new cast, but new actors doesn't always improve a franchise, as long as the people behind the scenes remain unchanged, then you're getting the same product with some cool looking features.

Mark Wahlberg replaces the noisy Shia LaBeouf as Cade Yeager, a single father who lives in Texas with his daughter, Tessa (Nicola Peltz). He claims himself to be an inventor, often collecting old scraps of metal, and taking them into his barn outside his house, and trying to create something innovative. He comes across a Transformer in the form of a van and tries to fix it. The Transformer, of course, is Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) and after having his life saved by Cade, Optimus promises to protect the Yeager family.

Kelsey Grammer is the main antagonist here, he believes that all of the Autobots are evil ever since the events that occurred in Chicago (check 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon'), and wants to wipe out all of the Autobots. We also meet a man named Joshua Joyce (Stanley Tucci), the head of KSI who develops his own line of Transforming technology.

It seems that the plot needs to be put on hold for the sake of trying to focus on the Yeager family drama, as it seems that Cade's daughter, who is 17, is dating a 20 year old Shane Dyson (Jack Reynor). Obviously, any person will know that it is unacceptable for a man in his 20s to be dating someone under the age of 18, but there is one scene that actually lets the two love-birds explain why it is acceptable for the 20 year old and 17 year old to be dating. Shane even goes as far as to present Cade an official card which is basically saying that they are allowed to do some "naughty stuff", just because they have a card saying they could do so.

Michael Bay is known for trying to objectify women as much as he can (remember, he cast an underwear model who is not an actress in the previous installment), here, even though Peltz may have been age appropriate to appear the way she did in this, the fact that her character is under-age is just nothing more than a new low for the director. I apologize if it seems like I am going off-topic about the film's main plot, but clearly the film itself went off-topic hoping we wouldn't notice...but we did.

The action is your typical, slow-motion, low-angle, people running away from explosions and cars flipping over on a motorway style. There is nothing new, or different that makes this movie stand out from the previous installments, except that it's even more intolerable than before. Time and time again, my attention just wandered because this film is not very good at holding my interest, it is devoid of any intelligence or gripping moments.

The characters are nothing more than archetypes...the hero is your typical hero, the villain is your typical government official villain, the young blonde girl is your typical, attractive, damsel getting herself into distress.

This proves once again, that Michael Bay is a hack, cynical filmmaker, there seems to be a lack of focus and innovation in his skill as a filmmaker. He is better off directing more of those "Victoria's Secret" commercials, which is actually highlighted in this film. The product placement here is very in-your-face. Clearly to Bay, subtlety is overrated, everything has to have some form of exaggeration in case it wasn't clear to any of us.

The run time, which is at roughly 2h 40m...is way too long to keep us entertained, one minute of this film feels like 5 minutes. You just want it to end, but Bay is clearly not sick of this roller-coaster ride which stopped being fun ages ago.
  6. May 14, 2016
    With all the hype surrounding this film, all I cant say, I'm a bit disappointed.
    Good Things
    Lockdown is a badass.
    Optimus Prime kicks ass.
    Cade Yeager, the human cast I care.
    Bad Things
    Galvatron is ****
    What Michael Bay usually does in other films.
    Transfomations look ****
    One **** up story, loose plot.
    well, explosions
  7. Apr 4, 2016
    I could point out my many reasons behind why a Transformers fan like myself feels that TF:E tries and fails at using cgi and explosions to make up for a lack of interesting characters, a decent plot, or even respect for the original series, but I already wasted close to three hours on this garbage, so I'll let my score do the rest.
  8. Mar 18, 2016
    I am a movie fanatic, not a typical critic. So I as an audience would rate the movie quite good although I did miss the clear story line of the first part. But when you are watching sequels of a movie series, you need to understand that there will be changes. So rather than comparing it with its previous parts, it is better to view it as a separate movie. Yes! One do need to maintain theI am a movie fanatic, not a typical critic. So I as an audience would rate the movie quite good although I did miss the clear story line of the first part. But when you are watching sequels of a movie series, you need to understand that there will be changes. So rather than comparing it with its previous parts, it is better to view it as a separate movie. Yes! One do need to maintain the connection between all its parts and Age of Extinction does that. It is clear that after Sentinel Prime tried to rebuild Cybertron with his portal, there was outrage, and the hostility against the Transformers are well understood.
    I guess common movie fanatics like me didn't like it because half of the Autobots were wiped out and Ratchet's encounter was surely painful. I did not miss Sam though. I mean I did miss him but it was mostly because of Bumblebee. But we have evil Lockdown and rebuilding of Galvatron was totally cool.

The only disappointing thing for me in this part was merging up of plots. I found it pretty hard to keep up with everything. In the previous series, there was Colonel Lennox, Sam and Transformers but this part seems to have the story all mixed up. First, a robotic engineer finds Optimus, then there is CIA, then there is Lockdown trying to capture Optimus. Oh and not to forget, we have the KSI and its chief running away with the seed. Well, wise people rightly say that too many cooks spoil the broth. That's what happened in Transformers 4, too much story spoiled the movie.
  9. Mar 14, 2016
    The worst part of this movie is Lucas got fried by a deception's grenade. Really extremely violent, this movie will be rated R18+ It's got stupid script, bad acting, the fight scenes is awesome
  10. Mar 11, 2016
    Transformers: Age of Extintion could behave no sense, very much noise and just giant robots fighting each other. But that's what critics would say, but remembering what Michael Bay promised, this is an action-packed film, full of awesome visual-effects and fantastic story-telling. This terrific film makes the audience enjoy watching how does other races fight for defend their life's thatTransformers: Age of Extintion could behave no sense, very much noise and just giant robots fighting each other. But that's what critics would say, but remembering what Michael Bay promised, this is an action-packed film, full of awesome visual-effects and fantastic story-telling. This terrific film makes the audience enjoy watching how does other races fight for defend their life's that are destroyed by human's cruel part, that almost evryone has. Expand
  11. Mar 7, 2016
    I would say this is one of the worst Michael Bay film. I mean I have to say the truth I actually like some of Bays films, I loved the Rock, I really liked both Bad Boys, Armagedon was not that great but still enjoyable, and the first Transformers was really fun I even liked Pain and Gain. This one is not on the list, This movie is pretty dumb, the dialouge is pretty cheesy and some of theI would say this is one of the worst Michael Bay film. I mean I have to say the truth I actually like some of Bays films, I loved the Rock, I really liked both Bad Boys, Armagedon was not that great but still enjoyable, and the first Transformers was really fun I even liked Pain and Gain. This one is not on the list, This movie is pretty dumb, the dialouge is pretty cheesy and some of the acting is not good at all. I will say Mark Wahleberg did pretty well in the movie, I actually liked him more then Shia Lebouf , Stanley Tucci was hilarious and mad the movie more fun. Kellsy Grammar was the best actor in the whole movie and he played a pretty good villian, and I even like Titus Welliver as James Savoy the supporting villain along side Kellsy Grammar. That's all was good about the movie, I mean some of the action in the end is okay but its still not a great movie. I mean the Visual effects and set pieces are still cool but, in the end its just another explosion filled Michael Bay Film that may entertain audience members, but for me not really. Expand
  12. Feb 13, 2016
    While better than 2 and 3 It's nowhere near as good as 1. Now let me start off by saying I like to give movies chances Sometimes movies can redeem themseves after a couple of misfires and transformers 4 in some cases does that. For example the addition of lock down was fantastic. They should have gone with making him the main villain. It would have made the movie so much better. HoweverWhile better than 2 and 3 It's nowhere near as good as 1. Now let me start off by saying I like to give movies chances Sometimes movies can redeem themseves after a couple of misfires and transformers 4 in some cases does that. For example the addition of lock down was fantastic. They should have gone with making him the main villain. It would have made the movie so much better. However transformers age of extinction is a predictable mess from start to finish. I have officially given up on Michel bay. Why can't he just go back to the formula that made transformers 1 so good. oh well i guess good things come and go. Anyway this movie besides Lockdown was a mess. Galvatron was a cool idea but not well executed and none of the human characters were interesting. Peter Cullen always gives his all to optimus prime but not so much this time. Plus the way he gets injured comes back to life gets injured and prevails has become so redundant I guarantee that's how there going to flesh out his character in the next movie. Yea you heard me right a transformers 5!. Oh boy Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2016
    It's too long and boring for a guy who's been in the theaters expecting this to be over. As for the Transformers, the age of extinction should've just came out fast so no one would see this movie anyways.
  14. Jan 6, 2016
    Michael Bay has often said how he loves to "blow things up real good." Well, if that's his desire in life, there's little doubt that he tops himself in Transformers: Age of Extinction. This is as excruciating a movie as is likely to be experienced by anyone, anywhere. It isn't merely that the story is insulting, the characters are bland, the action is dull, and the CGI is everywhere - it'sMichael Bay has often said how he loves to "blow things up real good." Well, if that's his desire in life, there's little doubt that he tops himself in Transformers: Age of Extinction. This is as excruciating a movie as is likely to be experienced by anyone, anywhere. It isn't merely that the story is insulting, the characters are bland, the action is dull, and the CGI is everywhere - it's that all this goes on for nearly three hours. That's three hours of your life you'll never get back.

Bay's argument is that the Transformers movies are made for the little kid in all of us. That might be true, assuming the kid is pugnacious, antisocial, afflicted with an attention span approaching zero, and lacking in anything remotely resembling a creative impulse. My inner child often delights in silly, loud, or otherwise unsophisticated films. Parts of Godzilla gave me chills. Misgivings aside, I'm looking forward to the next Star Wars. And, despite its recent precipitous nosedive, I still adore Doctor Who. But that inner child quails at the thought of enduring even one more minute of a Transformers movie. The only thing more epic about this film than its running length is its soullessness.

Bay keeps saying he's done with the Transformers franchise but it draws him back like flies to **** This time around, the human actors from the earlier films have been jettisoned. At first glance, that might seem like a good thing until one realizes that people in Bay films are as interesting and important as background décor. It's really all about the robots, the orgiastic display of CGI destruction, and (of course) the explosions. I wish I could say "just sit back and enjoy the ride", but there's a reason roller coasters are only a few minutes long.

Is there a story here? It's not War and Peace but there's something that might be mistaken for the skeleton of a plot if viewed in dim light. For those who care about continuity, events in Transformers: Age of Extinction take place five years after those of the previous film, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. By this time, the Transformers have been virtually eliminated from Earth as a result of a ruthless cleansing scheme spearheaded by CIA Black Ops hotshot Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer in full Stinky Pete mode). Attinger has help from a Decepticon called "Lockdown" (voice of Mark Ryan), who has come to Earth in search of Optimus Prime (voice of Peter Cullen). The CIA bad guy has also formed an alliance with billionaire inventor Joshua Joyce (Stanley Tucci), who has figured out how to build Transformers. His pilot project is something he calls "Galvatron" (voice of Frank Welker) - a robot that looks an awful like the dreaded (and supposedly dead) Megatron.

In the acting department, Mark Wahlberg is an upgrade on Shia Labeouf, although it hardly matters. Walhberg does his job and stands around looking suitably awed, angry, or frightened, depending on what the script requires. Somehow, Stanley Tucci manages to rise above the material and leave an impression. It helps that he's used partially for comedic relief and gets to utter the best one-liner (one that uses up the movie's PG-13 single "f-word" allowance). Tucci's success is counterbalanced by Nicola Peltz's failure. The Transformers movies have had their share of annoying characters but none (not even the one played by Megan Fox) has achieved the apex occupied by Peltz's Tessa, who one-ups the worst horror movie heroine in terms of incompetence, ignorance, and irritation factor. On more than one occasion, I was actively rooting for a robot to stomp on her or for her to fall from a great height and make a satisfying splat. I guess this could be considered a step forward for Bay - he made me feel something about a human being in a Transformers film.

In the end, there's a sense that nothing much happens in Transformers: Age of Extinction, although that "nothing" is long, loud, and flashy. Bay's approach, which is technically proficient but without charm or life, bludgeons viewers into a near-catatonic state. If one takes a step back and looks at Transformers: Age of Extinction from a distance, the story isn't confusing but, while watching it, the sense of chaos is almost overwhelming. Shakespeare didn't know it, but when he wrote of "sound and fury signifying nothing," he could have been describing this franchise.

15. Jan 3, 2016
    Not the Best Transformers Movie really Bay you had to had to put alot of Marketing stuff, American Flags and Most thing that gives me a headache is the Explosions. Sone of the stuff were good but the rest garbage
  16. Dec 24, 2015
    "Transformers : Age of Extinction" was a very, very dull movie , Porel script and taking other roles, but leave in the first place munndial Collection in 2014 , it was not very convincing to me.
  17. Dec 23, 2015
    Pretty much the only good thing we get out of this film is that Shia Labeouf isn't in it. Other than that, all you get are the usual Michael Bay elements: corny jokes and mindless mayhem.
  18. Dec 11, 2015
    He promised it would be shorter. He lied. Michael Bay’s fourth Transformers film clocks in at a bum-numbing 165 minutes, making it longer even than the patience-trying Dark Of The Moon. The juggernaut success of the franchise presumably gives Bay carte blanche to do what the hell he wants at this point. Disappointingly he’s simply opted for another baggily plotted, cacophonous three-hourHe promised it would be shorter. He lied. Michael Bay’s fourth Transformers film clocks in at a bum-numbing 165 minutes, making it longer even than the patience-trying Dark Of The Moon. The juggernaut success of the franchise presumably gives Bay carte blanche to do what the hell he wants at this point. Disappointingly he’s simply opted for another baggily plotted, cacophonous three-hour migraine.

Picking up four years after the costly Battle Of Chicago, Age Of Extinction ditches its previous human cast to introduce blue-collar Texan inventor Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); his daughter Tessa (Nicola Peltz); her racing driver boyfriend Shane (Jack Reynor); and Cade’s assistant Lucas (T. J. Miller). Cade has a kind of Doc Brown operation going on, building dodgy robot guard dogs and butlers in his shed. While trawling an abandoned cinema for parts he can fix and sell (the previous owner complains that audiences are now only interested in a “bunch of crap sequels and remakes”) he finds the wreckage of an old truck, which turns out to be a down-and-out Optimus Prime.

In a thrown-away political metaphor, the post-Chicago Transformers are now positioned as illegal aliens, no longer trusted to “fight American wars”. Washington’s official line is that only Decepticons are being hunted, but for rogue CIA bigwig Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer), “There are no good or bad aliens: it’s just us and them.” With his henchman Savoy (Titus Welliver) and the help of an alien bounty hunter of unclear allegiance, Attinger is on a Transformer eradication kick. But he’s also in cahoots with billionaire design genius Joshua Joyce (Stanley Tucci), whose company has a government contract to melt down old Transformers and build new controllable ones from the leftover programmable matter. He’s got Megatron’s head. That won’t end well. The magic metal is dubbed “Transformium”, which edges Unobtainium in the stupid-name stakes by at least being a joke coined by proud-of-themselves lab dorks.

So that’s working-class heroes; the government and CIA corruption; Big Business; outlaw Transformers; and a third set of alien robot hunters that are neither Decepticon nor Autobot. We’re only 40 minutes in. The extinction device the title refers to is a cyberforming “seed”. It’s important as a MacGuffin, but isn’t introduced until around the halfway point. There’s so much plot — much of it left hanging for future sequels, including a tantalising thread about heading off into space to kill God — that even at the length it is, sections still feel abridged: on one occasion we’re suddenly regaled with a Wahlberg voiceover explaining where he’s going and what he’ll do when he gets there. And yet, all this story is still just a loose string on which to hang the bludgeoning set-pieces.

There are car chases, the first of which actually has little Transformer action. There are smashed buildings and massive explosions (“Possible civilian casualties,” someone warns. No **** There’s a sky-chase, and a thrillingly vertiginous high-wire sequence. For seemingly no other reason than the franchise’s Eastern popularity, the film ups sticks to China for its final act. And there are copious hero shots: a father-daughter moment made epic by a Bay sunset; a meeting of the remaining Autobots in Monument Valley; a spaceship flying over the Great Wall Of China; Optimus Prime riding a Dinobot. (Oh yes, the Dinobots. Much trumpeted, they show up for the final half hour and have no distinguishable personalities or point.)

In some ways Bay does seem to have been chastened by previous criticism. While there’s still racial stereotyping afoot — Ken Watanabe’s Drift is a samurai Autobot who spouts Japanese homilies and calls Optimus “Sensei”; everyone in Hong Kong is a kung-fu fighter — there’s nothing quite as egregious as Revenge Of The Fallen’s Skids and Mudflap. The lecherous camera has also been reined in to an extent, although Bay’s low angles still can’t resist the odd Peltz arse ogle.

That this doesn’t happen more often reflects the extent to which Peltz is quickly sidelined in the narrative; female characters in general come out of Age Of Extinction poorly. Li Bingbing, though strong in the ballbreaking sense, also makes little impression, and one has to feel particularly bad for Sophia Myles, who begins the film with a seemingly important role and then disappears for two hours. When she comes back she plays no part in the proceedings except to be physically present.

In fact, it’s debatable what role any of the humans play in the story outside of Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci. Tucci is the standout, despite a third-hour lurch from oily camp to broader clowning. Wahlberg, on the other hand, while a bigger presence than Shia LaBeouf ever was, inexplicably handy with a space gun and able to fly a ship at a moment’s notice, has so little effect on the film’s outcome that Optimus might just as well have left him and his clan back in Texas.
  19. Dec 4, 2015
    It's an okay movie, though it's way too effing long or it feels that way, i don't think Mark Wahlberg is as great as he used to be, i love him as an actor i really do, but now he's just put in movies so women want to buy tickets to it that's the only reason, overall movie is meh.
  20. Sep 27, 2015
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but... I miss Shia LaBeouf. Dear god, why Marky Mark as the lead role? Why so much product placement? Why do you use ROBOT DINOSAURS as a major selling point and barely even show them in the film?! Just stop.
    The only thing that saves the movie from a 0 or a 1 is the CGI. That's fine. Next time, Michael, just give us a 3 hour robot fight, please.
  21. Sep 23, 2015
    Words cannot describe how dreadful this movie is. If you watch this, at least a year will be taken off your life. It's so bad, that I've heard someone DIED after the 5th or 6th climax. With out a doubt, the WORST movie I've ever seen. At least Troll 2 is laughably bad, this movie just leaves you with all the negative emotions a person could possibly have.
  22. Sep 10, 2015
    It is very painful to watch a beloved franchise from childhood brought down by a money grab. You would think that with all the money being thrown at movies today, they could hire quality writers with some background in science (since this is a sci-fi setting)... but alas, this is yet another embarrassment to the Transformers franchise. You know a movie is very bad when you regret watchingIt is very painful to watch a beloved franchise from childhood brought down by a money grab. You would think that with all the money being thrown at movies today, they could hire quality writers with some background in science (since this is a sci-fi setting)... but alas, this is yet another embarrassment to the Transformers franchise. You know a movie is very bad when you regret watching it for free... Clipping my nails would have been more exciting than this movie as we continue to see stupid plots bring outdone by even stupider plots. This time, we are going to top it off with even more hollywood cliches like a dumb scientist (when will they realize that this is a misnomer) bring led by his "responsible" tween daughter in tight shorts and heels. Yes, the scientist is the idiot of the show... well at least they got rid of the rapping retard transformers I guess... Expand
  23. Sep 3, 2015
    In my opinion this is the best transformers sequel and is the only transformers sequel that doesn't suck it just isn't very good its got some good characters such as Stanley tucci as the head of ksi and Kelsey grammar playing a pretty damn good villain another good villain is deadlock and even has some inventive action sequences such as the dinobots but of course the film is weighed downIn my opinion this is the best transformers sequel and is the only transformers sequel that doesn't suck it just isn't very good its got some good characters such as Stanley tucci as the head of ksi and Kelsey grammar playing a pretty damn good villain another good villain is deadlock and even has some inventive action sequences such as the dinobots but of course the film is weighed down by a poor script and characterization along with even more boring government conspiracy dialogue from the last film. Expand
  24. Aug 25, 2015
    HOW THE **** DO YOU MAKE A MOVIE THIS BAD?!?!? Jesus, I really don't understand how a human being with a functioning brain ban make a movie like this! The CGI is horrible, the product placement is just distasteful, the pandering (more like cock sucking honestly) to China is so prevalent, the acting is just bland, and the story is just, Jesus, it is something to behold.... If this siteHOW THE **** DO YOU MAKE A MOVIE THIS BAD?!?!? Jesus, I really don't understand how a human being with a functioning brain ban make a movie like this! The CGI is horrible, the product placement is just distasteful, the pandering (more like cock sucking honestly) to China is so prevalent, the acting is just bland, and the story is just, Jesus, it is something to behold.... If this site allowed for negative ratings I would go for a nice -10 and an actual human **** inside a jar shipped to Michael Bay. Expand
  25. Aug 23, 2015
    At first I thought I see Interstellar - same fields, same house, same town. First 30 minutes of the movie was not bad, but then after Tessa's boyfriend showed up it became one bad drama movie. This parent-dislike-daughters-boyfriend theme again? Come on, we saw this million times - at first he hates him, then he threatens him, at the end he loves him - it was plain from that very moment.At first I thought I see Interstellar - same fields, same house, same town. First 30 minutes of the movie was not bad, but then after Tessa's boyfriend showed up it became one bad drama movie. This parent-dislike-daughters-boyfriend theme again? Come on, we saw this million times - at first he hates him, then he threatens him, at the end he loves him - it was plain from that very moment. Average action movie with awful plot. That was expected from Michael Bay. Well, at least there is no Shael LaBef. Expand
  26. Aug 18, 2015
    Michael Bay has officially hit the bottom, even in his standards; watch has he creates the ultimate 3 hour, repeated slow motion, Victoria's secret/ Budweiser/ beats/ Lamborghini/ other crap endorsement-filled, **** cast and their horribly bad acting movie that is "Transformers: Age of Extinction".
  27. Aug 9, 2015
    After watching this movie, I figured that the only thing that was on the Age of Extinction was HUMANITY! Am I right? Anyway, on with the review:

Transformers 4 is longer, stupider and duller than the past three movies. The first one was watchable, the second was crap and the third was pretty bad. THIS one? This was near to unwatchable. Not worth the price of admission.
  28. Jul 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The battle for human survival never been more visually catchy. Unfortunately, the camera handling, too much tilt screen display, and close-up made me dizzy. But I like the father and daughter relationship. Expand
  29. Jul 5, 2015
    I was waiting for Shia LeBauf to leave, and hey? HE LEFT! Great! nobody wants to hear him screaming anymore, and glad to have Mark Whalberg killing robots.
  30. Jul 3, 2015
    I went into this movie wanting to like it. I liked the first Transformers, I thought Revenge of the Fallen was awful, and Dark of the Moon was decent. I figured Michael Bay would improve in Age of Extinction after learning from the mistakes from the previous movies. I was wrong. The story makes absolutely no sense.
  31. Jun 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is pretty fun. I saw this with my dad and we both liked it. I think it is the second best of the series, the best, of course, being the first one. This movie is still way too long, and the dinobots weren't in the movie enough to warrant them being on every single poster promoting the film. But Bay seemed to actually make this movie with a thought in his mind about having a plot. The animation is great in this film and the plot is actually pretty cool. It's nonsensical, sure, but it's easy to follow. This is a legitimately good picture, and does provide a refreshing new cast and tone to the series. Expand
  32. Jun 26, 2015
    This movie is stupid enough (from the story to the dialogues everything is really really dumb) and long enough to get annoying and then irritating

1 point out of ten because the vote for the movie itself would be -10, but special effects are worth 11.
  33. Jun 21, 2015
    The problem with Age of Extinction isn't the scope/scale and slick production. Transformers has always produced complex and large-scale sequences with mostly CGI work and pulled it off pretty well. No, the problem is substance, which has been lacking ever since the first Transformers film. I maintain that the second movie is the worst of these films (so far), but Age of Extinction isn'tThe problem with Age of Extinction isn't the scope/scale and slick production. Transformers has always produced complex and large-scale sequences with mostly CGI work and pulled it off pretty well. No, the problem is substance, which has been lacking ever since the first Transformers film. I maintain that the second movie is the worst of these films (so far), but Age of Extinction isn't a whole lot better. It's too long, too littered with action sequences that come off gratuitous instead of meaningful. Bay has a flair for the dramatic and can capture some incredible scenes, but the ownership of Transformers need to figure out how to tell a good story and better dialogue or they'll completely tarnish what could be a cool universe to explore (much like how the Marvel universe translates well to sequels and spin-offs). Mark Wahlberg can turn in a better performance too, he just needs better material to work with. Personally, I'd rather see Transformers can some of the silly tendencies and get a little grittier, a little more serious, instead of mercilessly tossing in one-liners to break the tension (Avengers seems to do this more tactfully than any other movie I can think of). AoE isn't terrible, but it's length and at-times overwhelming on-screen action doesn't make me eager to see it a second time. Expand
  34. Jun 13, 2015
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is best watched as either a comedy or a two hour session of mockery. In this sense, the entry price was well worth the entertaining experience. My expectations going into this film were low as it was, but I at least thought it would have some redeeming qualities as its predecessors did. I have never been more wrong in my life. With terrible dialogue,Transformers: Age of Extinction is best watched as either a comedy or a two hour session of mockery. In this sense, the entry price was well worth the entertaining experience. My expectations going into this film were low as it was, but I at least thought it would have some redeeming qualities as its predecessors did. I have never been more wrong in my life. With terrible dialogue, atrocious camera work, non-existent character development and a predictable and unoriginal storyline, Age of Extinction follows the pattern of it's previous instalments, only to a worse degree. Most of the film simply doesn't make sense, with contradictions around every corner. I found myself nitpicking everything wrong with the film, which was the vast majority. However, the real sadness comes when you start to imagine how you would re-work each conversation, each camera shot, each sequence. In doing this it occurs to you that you would be able to make a Transformer's film at least five times more powerful and exciting than Michael Bay's version. Given Michael Bay only looks like failing more and more with each film he makes, unless Transformer's changes directors, it will continue to remain the laughing stock of movie blockbusters. Expand
  35. Jun 11, 2015
    Justo cuando creía que esta franquicia no podía decaer más, parece que se empeñaron en demostrar lo contrario, increíble que una quinta parte esta en proceso.
  36. Jun 11, 2015
    Transformers Age of Extinction is overall a very good movie in my opinion.The movie isn't going for an Oscar or anything but still the Visuals and the story line were enough to keep me engaged until the very end.Maybe I just like big explosions,long running time movies and Robots fighting.What can I say,I enjoyed the movie.
  37. May 30, 2015
    It`s entertaining, but don`t expect anything beyond a popcorn movie.Do not watch it before any decent movie. ONly watch it when you can`t find anything else interesting. or you will regret it. Once again nice action, but like the previous transformers unnecessary stuff. Mark Wahlbergs character has a daughter just to serve Micheal Bays needs. I f you`re gonna have a girl running around canIt`s entertaining, but don`t expect anything beyond a popcorn movie.Do not watch it before any decent movie. ONly watch it when you can`t find anything else interesting. or you will regret it. Once again nice action, but like the previous transformers unnecessary stuff. Mark Wahlbergs character has a daughter just to serve Micheal Bays needs. I f you`re gonna have a girl running around can you at least come up with a legit reason for it.Plenty of opportunity for her to get away from the chaos, but it never happens. I will say their was less of the unnecessary stuff in this one, but it was enough to annoy me. At least they got rid of Shia LaBeoufs character and all the characters that follow him along like his parents.Also it`s a very long movie, so if your not entertained the length will make it even worst. Plase never give Micheal Bay a Transformer movie again if you want them to be any good. Please don`t give him any movie with characters I want to see. Expand
  38. Apr 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mediclore. Why? Here:
    * Its not too bad, but its too long, 3 HOURS!
    * Exessive screaming and explosions worsen it too.
    * The story is ok, but a bit sad, seeing Ratchet get killed within the first few moments as well as Lockdowns (which is cool since he is evil) brutal head ripping death.
    * Too many human scenes which are mostly pointless.
    * Not enough robots, too little.
    * A bit too violent for little kids.
    * Bad dialouge.

If there all the robot scenes are collected together, maybe the film would end up being 40 minutes long, far from 165 minutes
  39. Apr 29, 2015
    In my opinion, this is the worst out of the entire franchise. This movie has an almost 3 hour run time. The main characters you really don't care about at all. Forced humor, forced romance. This movie just gets really lazy. The CGI in it is really bad and very disappointing. So much product placement as well. This movie is full of Bay-isms. Explosions, racism, product placement, hotIn my opinion, this is the worst out of the entire franchise. This movie has an almost 3 hour run time. The main characters you really don't care about at all. Forced humor, forced romance. This movie just gets really lazy. The CGI in it is really bad and very disappointing. So much product placement as well. This movie is full of Bay-isms. Explosions, racism, product placement, hot extras. It's terrible. They ruined a character that had so much potential, Galvatron. I could go on and on about it. Keeping it short, this movie sucks on every level. The worst one out of the franchise. Expand
  40. Apr 22, 2015

I understand that this is a "fanboy" driven production intended only to please those who either play with Transformers toys or have fond memories of doing so in their youth. However, it's disappointing to see how contemptuous the filmmakers are of anyone who pays good money to see a movie in the hope that it will offer more than cool special effects (that become progressively less "cool" the longer the film runs). This is blockbuster moviemaking at its worst - a product so cynical that it doesn't try to pretend it's anything more than a mindless spectacle. It's endless, tiresome, and tedious, but it will make so much money that Transformers 5 is a foregone conclusion. I can't think of a more compelling reason to hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.
  41. Apr 7, 2015
    Michael Bay for sure had blew away more than we can suffer on his table of torturous Ka-Boom!
    an insult to a generation which tends to have you vomiting on your popcorn and choking to the point you won't be talking for days

Director Michael Bay has returned and has officially ruined the Transformers franchise by taking a much larger tsunami dump into his faltered grade B- trilogy with a solid grade F reboot fourth installment

the film had more lazy direction that you can notice most of the scenes weren't visually edited, more explosions, domestic violence that will scar your kids for life, more of Bay's signature explosive trademarks, hot girls with no shred of shame or morality, more favorite autobot deaths, gory retribution, new but unimpressingly lame Autobot characters, and probably Mark Wahlberg's biggest mistake since The Happening, starring alongside alongside new Bay girl of the year Nicola Peltz from the much more painful the Last Airbender, the film is so bad they found a lazy excuse to cut the filming and shift the entire remainder of filming to Hong Kong (also in an unedited shot you can see the Chicago Sears Tower WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE IN HONG KONG!!) a terrible gimmick to get more money at the Box Office by buying foreign nations to buy the film by filming it in their country overseas, that as an average american viewer, you can't stop it from being an elaborate staged box office success

the franchise has suffered enough by the hands of the f@#% dyne-rector Bay who is probably the only director who gets away
  42. Mar 30, 2015
    This film epitomizes commercialism over art, and that's the reason I hate it. The film as a film is terrible, the poor is incoherent, the film is loaded with dumb humor, poorly developed characters, terrible dialogue, laughable acting, and even more explosions in slow motion. All of this plus the fact that it feels like an almost 3 hour bud light commercial, is why I hate it.
  43. Mar 29, 2015
    Transformers: Age of extinction, con sus avances en los trailers, podemos ver bastante acción y explosiones, por tanto es lo que probablemente varios espectadores esperaron, y es lo que en gran parte se vio en este film.

Esta película se podría decir que era una de las más esperadas en su año y que al final en donde se esperaban varios explosiones, acción, peleas, y grandes transformers (como fué en las anteriores entregas), y, al fin al cabo, no los entregó de una manera potente. Sí, es cierto de que tiene un guión un poco flojo y que resulta bastante larga (más de 160 minutos) por tanto se podría decir que la primera hora llega a ser un tanto pesada., pero al final toda la acción que nos ofrece y la potente carga de efectos visuales (merecedores de al menos una Nominación al Oscar) logran darle mucha más vida a este largometraje bastante explosivo, por así decirlo.
  44. chw
    Mar 12, 2015
    The fourth installment should not have been made, not even if it was directed by somebody like Martin Scorsese. There are so many clichés, but that's not the point. In the fourth installment, nothing's the POINT. It's pointless!
  45. Mar 12, 2015
    Perfect title for a long-dead series, but AoE is the best out of the Bay films. Bought the Bluray for the Atmos soundtrack and the film is highly enjoyable. Wahlberg is brilliant, and the cgi visuals are eye popping. Alternatively for Transformer fans wishing more, watch reruns of the 80's classic and that's all she wrote.
  46. Mar 10, 2015
    Oh my god this movie was 3 hours long!!. The movie is about the government has decided to cut all ties with Autobots. They may be forgotten - but they are not gone - and a mechanic and his daughter discover one of the most powerful of the Autobots in their possession and it ignites a full-blown showdown between the Decepticons, Autobots and the government. This movie has terrible lookingOh my god this movie was 3 hours long!!. The movie is about the government has decided to cut all ties with Autobots. They may be forgotten - but they are not gone - and a mechanic and his daughter discover one of the most powerful of the Autobots in their possession and it ignites a full-blown showdown between the Decepticons, Autobots and the government. This movie has terrible looking visual effect's and the characters are forgettable as always. The only good thing in this movie is Optimus prime and Mark Wahlberg, but anything else is crap. Expand
  47. Feb 18, 2015
    I absolutely loved this movie! For real, who can hate this movie? Almost nobody likes this movie, i don't get it. I liked this movie from start to finish, the plot was interesting and all the characters were good actors.
  48. Feb 17, 2015
    I actually considered the film a step forward compared to installments two and three. Surely, one cannot expect much from this franchise - it is an action packed film with giant robots and giant dinosaur robots without any artistic value or depth whatsoever. Whoever expected more is quite gullible. Now, compared to the earlier installments - I actually thought this one was better than mostI actually considered the film a step forward compared to installments two and three. Surely, one cannot expect much from this franchise - it is an action packed film with giant robots and giant dinosaur robots without any artistic value or depth whatsoever. Whoever expected more is quite gullible. Now, compared to the earlier installments - I actually thought this one was better than most of them, with the exception of the first one. It doesn't elevate the animation, the story is basically the same with a wonderful variety of holes and WTF moments, but all in all - it does deliver the anticipated and expected adrenaline burst you'd want to get when watching giant robot dinosaurs (finally, Michael, finally - the Dinobots!). The Mark Whalberg-plot is better than the one with Shia, Stanley Tucci is charming as always and the plot itself is pretty much digestible. As far as a major minus goes, the new Autobots are just... what? why? I mean, we've seen three movies and I'm all for bringing in new and original characters (I mean, John Goodman was brilliant!), but with an already developed franchise it looks exceptionally dumb to introduce new characters that haven't been mentioned before... ever. That was my biggest objection to the movie.

To sum it up, another shallow action packed adrenaline rush delivered by Michael Bay, but certainly something better than some of the earlier installments. Unlike the others, this is watchable for both fans and those who just like to see things get smashed but with no Hulk around...
  49. Feb 11, 2015
    Terrible movie. No plot, horrible acting (except Wahlberg) and bad screenplay and too damn long! Once again, Michael Bay delivers a blow to childhood memories
  50. Feb 1, 2015
    The effects and action are praisable along with Kelsey Grammar appearing as a villain. Sadly, the movie is overshadowed by a plot that's just as terrible as "Revenge of the Fallen" if not worse. There are plenty of plot holes in this movie and the fact that too much of the same overlong cliche like explosions, unfunny comic relief, beautiful girls without a shred of personality, and so onThe effects and action are praisable along with Kelsey Grammar appearing as a villain. Sadly, the movie is overshadowed by a plot that's just as terrible as "Revenge of the Fallen" if not worse. There are plenty of plot holes in this movie and the fact that too much of the same overlong cliche like explosions, unfunny comic relief, beautiful girls without a shred of personality, and so on will make you feel sleepy. This franchise has already OVERSTAYED its welcome. Not to mention this movie is the stupidest way of making the U.S. government look like the bad guys, unlike "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" which was more philosophical. Expand
  51. Jan 30, 2015
    How can a movie about giant transforming robots shooting each other in the face be BORING?! It truly takes a master to fail so bad, that he could make a movie where after what feels like 4 hours of explosions leaves me snoozing in my seat.
    insanely dull and prolonged. 1/10
  52. Jan 22, 2015
    Майкл Бэй справился со своей задачей на "ура" - показать как можно больше битв трансформеров.Саундтрек и визуальные эффекты просто бесподобны,чего не скажешь о сюжете.Вообщем,я получил то,чего ждал...
  53. Jan 17, 2015
    Although I felt the movie had a lot of loop holes to the plot, such as the dinosaur's appearing out of now where and alive, and others... you can't compare this movie to the others. I believe what the director was doing was trying to start another series with new cast members. I liked the action and a lot of clean funny parts it was a good movie.
  54. Jan 12, 2015
    Michael Bay brings to us another installment of the Transformers saga, which, once again, is everything that he has to offer. This time, it's been five years since the disaster in Chicago, and humanity is afraid of both Autobots and Decepticons, hunting them, but, again, humans and Autobots must fight together to save the Earth from its imminent destruction.
    This movie is too long, and
    This movie is too long, and it’s only recommend for anyone who wants to sit through two hours and 46 minutes of action, lots of explosions, and a silly and repetitive story.
  55. Jan 11, 2015
    Michael Bay de volta, com a sua "odiada" franquia de Transformers. Bem ou mal, o filme entrega o que promete. Vale a pena assistir, para quem é fã de Transformers, sem esperar um clássico do cinema. O filme, visualmente, é o mais bonito da franquia. Michael Bay aprendeu que aquela "confusão" de metal nas batalhas causava tontura no público. Neste filme ele usou cores bem vivas e bemMichael Bay de volta, com a sua "odiada" franquia de Transformers. Bem ou mal, o filme entrega o que promete. Vale a pena assistir, para quem é fã de Transformers, sem esperar um clássico do cinema. O filme, visualmente, é o mais bonito da franquia. Michael Bay aprendeu que aquela "confusão" de metal nas batalhas causava tontura no público. Neste filme ele usou cores bem vivas e bem diferentes em cada um dos robôs, para que durante as batalhas ficasse mais claro o que estava havendo. Os efeitos de CGI do filme são incríveis. Mas, para por ai. A história é fraca, atores fracos, diálogos sofríveis. Enfim, um filme mediano, feito apenas para assistir e se divertir, sem compromisso nenhum. 5/10 com certeza! Expand
  56. Jan 11, 2015
    Bay once again butchers another franchise.

I could not believe what i was actually watching. The only interesting thing in this film was the transformers. The rest utterly stunk.

Whats bay going to come up with next transformer love story's ?.

2/10.

Disappointed.
  57. Jan 8, 2015
    Well the good news is Age of Extinction isn't as offensive as Bay's previous Transformer outings.
    Though the trailers promised something different this time around: more focus on character than bang, Age of Extinction quickly becomes more of the same big screen megalomania we expect from Mr. Bay.
    Mass destruction, exceptionally incoherent and punishingly loud and long. Best watched in
    Mass destruction, exceptionally incoherent and punishingly loud and long.
    Best watched in several sittings, Age of Extinction is an exhausting piece of American excess.
  58. Jan 7, 2015
    I thought the first 3 Transformer movies ranged from "good" to "OK." I had hope for better when I heard there was a new cast and new Transformer designs, but this is far, far worse. The plot and editing are non-sensical. I rented this through Netflix and literally stopped watching 2/3 of the way through because it was so terrible. I have never done that before. I give it a 1 only forI thought the first 3 Transformer movies ranged from "good" to "OK." I had hope for better when I heard there was a new cast and new Transformer designs, but this is far, far worse. The plot and editing are non-sensical. I rented this through Netflix and literally stopped watching 2/3 of the way through because it was so terrible. I have never done that before. I give it a 1 only for the amazing special effects and I don't believe in giving 0's. Expand
  59. Jan 5, 2015
    How do you think this film turned out? Bad. Its not as annoying as the second one but it is a bore nonetheless. It has all the problems that the previous films have had but they are even more prevalent this time around and it doesn’t help that this film is ridiculously long making the whole lot of nothing overstay its welcome even more. This film makes me feel empty and lifeless. The newHow do you think this film turned out? Bad. Its not as annoying as the second one but it is a bore nonetheless. It has all the problems that the previous films have had but they are even more prevalent this time around and it doesn’t help that this film is ridiculously long making the whole lot of nothing overstay its welcome even more. This film makes me feel empty and lifeless. The new cast adds nothing to the film since they lack as much character as the characters in the previous films. Unless you are a die-hard Transformers fan and loved the previous films then you should definitely skip this one. Expand
  60. Jan 4, 2015
    Just no...................................................................................................................................................................
  61. Jan 3, 2015
    My opinion of this... "movie" has only deteriorated over time. The effects are actually WORSE than the previous installments, and the acting is also downright awful. I would give praise to Walberg and Tucci's performances, but they played characters so generic and cliché that it completely undermined their acting talent. In addition, there is an ABSURD amount of obnoxious productMy opinion of this... "movie" has only deteriorated over time. The effects are actually WORSE than the previous installments, and the acting is also downright awful. I would give praise to Walberg and Tucci's performances, but they played characters so generic and cliché that it completely undermined their acting talent. In addition, there is an ABSURD amount of obnoxious product placement. It's almost as obnoxious as if you're watching a huge battle scene, and then one of the characters randomly turns to the camera, holds up a Bud Lite, and says some corny line ending in "Drink Bud Lite!" In fact, it actually almost does that in once scene. On to the dialog. It is so poorly written that I almost laughed at one point. Optimus is beating the crap out of the massive Dinobot Transformer who is supposedly Grimlock (even though he submits in under a minute) where Optimus yells out, "We're giving you freedom!" and then a few seconds later, when he has mounted Grimlock (Yes, mounted), he scrapes his sword against Grimlock's face saying, "Defend my family, or die." Being forced to do something doesn't quite sound like freedom to me. Speaking of, there are Dinobots in this movie... I think. If they are, they're only in it for the last twenty minutes or so with about six minutes of total screen time, and their names are never spoken of once (hence why I said he was supposedly Grimlock; they never even tell you his name in the movie). Not to mention that some don't even look like Dinobots; a few look like botched genetic experiment involving lizards that got a few tons of rusty metal welded onto their bodies. Did I mention the plot is idiotic and a complete copy/paste from the previous installments? My last criticism, is the run time. This movie has all the content you'd expect from a Michael Bay Transformers wet dream (ten explosions per second, battle scenes erupting around random hot girl extras, an UNDERAGE girl for the movie's main hot chick, and a moronic plot), and seemingly has the length of a Lord of the Rings film. Also, don't just look at me and say, "Oh you're just a guy who jumped on the Michael Bay hate bandwagon", because I'm not. I'm one of the few people willing to go on record saying that I liked Dark of the Moon. That being said, I hope it carries some considerable weight when I say that this is an awful film. Lastly, to those defending this garbage and saying that people who dislike it just don't know how to have fun with movies or some other stupid derogatory insult (seriously, I saw this one guy who said people giving this negative reviews should be hung), quit lying to yourself and realize that there are these things called opinions. In addition, you can't say that this is good if it lived up to your expectations. If you go in expecting this kind of crap and you get it, that still doesn't make it good. That just means it was what you were expecting; they're two completely different things. If it lived up to your expectations of being an explosions-fest with wooden characters you don't care about, you still can't say it's better or even as good as an action movie with good characters, good dialog, good acting, and a good story. This has none of those.

Verdict - 2.3/10
    Seriously though, the things some of these 'positive' reviews say just make me lose faith in humanity.
  62. Jan 1, 2015
    A 2 hour 45 minute slow motion explosion fest mixed with extremely poor dialogue and as many shots of women in short shorts as possible. To sum it up a Michael Bay movie. D
  63. Dec 27, 2014
    High marks just for the sheer strength of over-the-top amazing SFX. Yes, there were plot holes, discontinuities and implausibilities but the focus is the Transformers and their mission and that's delivered in spades once again.
  64. Dec 27, 2014
    I love Transformers, dearly, always have done. I have the Decepticon logo tattooed on my hand. If that's not a statement, what is?
    Visually great, always is with Michael Bays movies, but the cast!? Mark Walhberg clearly wasn't the correct character for the part. It shows. For 165 minutes.
    It pains me to say that Shia LaBeouf controlled a much stronger, interesting, witty lead role. Mark Walhbergs character is just all around lack-luster, he's not interesting nor funny, neither charismatic or confident.
    For me, the movie fell apart entirely once they unveiled the Dinobots, I had waited many, many years to see Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl and Swoop on the silver screen but according to my partner, I was asleep. I'm sure they looked pretty nice though.
    The only thing this movie had going for it was visuals.
    The things the movie did NOT have going for it; Cast, Dialogue, Story, Ambition.

Go watch 2; Revenge of the Fallen.
    or the G1 animated series from the 80's.
  65. Dec 24, 2014
    Just hit mute and fast forward to the fight scenes. The acting is worse then a B movie terror flick on the Scifi channel. The only redeeming value are the graphics and action
  66. Dec 23, 2014
    A marginal improvement on the last movie. Far, far, far too long. Most of the "human" element could easily of been cut. Wahlberg, Grammer and Tucci seem to be having fun in their roles and they make the movie a bit more bearable.

The plot is an interesting one, however is so drawn out it can be little hard to remain vested. A real, real shame how little the Dino-bots are in the movie, but when they are there, they are awesome.

The Autobots this time are a bit more flushed out and have a bit more personality. Likely because of how few of them there are. The villains on the other hand seem a bit disorganised in the focus. It seems Bay couldn't decide who the main villain should be, but concluded with an obvious tease to a sequel.

Overall:
    Transformers AOE isn't terrible, even a bit enjoyable at times, but it drags on so damn much that it really makes it hard to even try to like it.

Note to the Producers:
    If you make a movie intentionally long, be sure that the screen time is utilized properly. Also, quit making all your female leads look like pin-up hookers. Seriously, WTF? There's a fine line between hot and smut.
  67. Dec 21, 2014
    Despite good visual effects,the movie suffers from the plot and too much fight scenes that one question that you'll always ask "What The **** is Happening?".This yet the dumbest ,most incoherent Transformers movie Yet.
  68. Dec 19, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the worst movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the most boring movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the longest movies I've ever watched. It's running time rivals The Lord of the Rings movies. I absolutely hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.The only thing I liked about this movie was seeing MarkTransformers: Age of Extinction is the worst movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the most boring movie I've ever watched. Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the longest movies I've ever watched. It's running time rivals The Lord of the Rings movies. I absolutely hate Transformers: Age of Extinction.The only thing I liked about this movie was seeing Mark Wahlberg act and thinking about how he would make the perfect Nathan Drake. But of course something like that would not get me to budge from a 0/10. Oh, and what makes this movie even worse, is that I saw one of my favourite movies of all time in the next week! Transformers: Age of Extinction will always be my least favourite movie of all time until death! Expand
  69. Dec 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ratchet dies. . Expand
  70. Dec 13, 2014
    Another million dollar waste. These Transformer films are all the same, massive budgets and lacklustre revenue. The story is poor, the characters are poor, the idea that a fourth instalment is acceptable is poor. Nothing about it sets it apart from previous instalments convincingly. The use of CGI is incredible, but misplaced, within an unworthwhile production that nobody will evenAnother million dollar waste. These Transformer films are all the same, massive budgets and lacklustre revenue. The story is poor, the characters are poor, the idea that a fourth instalment is acceptable is poor. Nothing about it sets it apart from previous instalments convincingly. The use of CGI is incredible, but misplaced, within an unworthwhile production that nobody will even remotely remember. Expand
  71. Dec 4, 2014
    The Fourth Installment in the Transformers Movie Franchise in which all directed by the well-known ( in certain aspects ) Michael Bay! I was able to purchase a ticket and see this movie in the cinema. One of the best place's mankind has ever invented. Anyway, I liked it, because I gave it a 7/10 and my own Metascore to this movie? A 69/100. Of course, I gave those ratings the day after IThe Fourth Installment in the Transformers Movie Franchise in which all directed by the well-known ( in certain aspects ) Michael Bay! I was able to purchase a ticket and see this movie in the cinema. One of the best place's mankind has ever invented. Anyway, I liked it, because I gave it a 7/10 and my own Metascore to this movie? A 69/100. Of course, I gave those ratings the day after I saw the movie and I never finished my review, so I plan to buy it on blu-ray and see it there ( maybe 3D If I'm lucky ), and then lets see if I will still give it a 7/10 and a 69/100.

If not, then I will change my score and I will mention it in the re-posting the comment here. Lets see what happens!
  72. Nov 27, 2014
    This is a new low even for Michael Bay. This is the worst movie I've seen all year and worst of all, it's NO DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER THREE. Michael Bay gives us the same exact movie and at this point, stop making these cash grabs! This is a terrible movie!
  73. Nov 26, 2014
    i can't believe michael bay is getting away with just throwing the same rubbish that i din't like the first time on screen over and over again. it was too long ,too dumb and once again relayed too hard on it's special effects over telling a story. It's the worst film 2014 for me in so many ways and i'm convinced mark walhberg is trying to kill his career. oh and bay just because you pointi can't believe michael bay is getting away with just throwing the same rubbish that i din't like the first time on screen over and over again. it was too long ,too dumb and once again relayed too hard on it's special effects over telling a story. It's the worst film 2014 for me in so many ways and i'm convinced mark walhberg is trying to kill his career. oh and bay just because you point out what you're doing is painful and stupid doesn't make it any less painful and stupid Expand
  74. Nov 22, 2014
    Mark Wahlberg didn't help at all by replacing Shia LaBeouf as the protagonist. He possibly made the franchise worse. I'm starting to think that it's not the actor, but the writers and director, that should be replaced.
  75. Nov 21, 2014
    Feeling tired when I see this movie. Michael Bay returns with his worn and dull formula, where we only see carcasses flying and explosions and battle scenes poorly made.
  76. Nov 18, 2014
    This movie shows clearly that the Transformers movie series has reached its limits and has nothing else to offer. Same formula as the others with the twist of Autobots and humans now being enemies. The new Autobot's design is very bad and none of them are likeable, I find them all very annoying. Same goes for the human protagonists. A complete lack of charisma.
  77. Nov 17, 2014
    Transform This
    Transform This
    What can Michael Bay do in his sleep? The answer—and there is only one answer—is massive amounts of action and huge explosions that light up movie theatres everywhere. Non-stop action with as little dialogue as possible and more destruction than a F5 tornado tearing ass across Alabama. Boats flying, planes crashing, and every girl screaming for her life and to top it all off, the hottest young woman Bay can find as the damsel in distress. Transformers Age of Extinction has all of this.
    Leading up to release, I saw trailers filled with raw action and introduced my favorite characters from the Transformers franchise. The Dinobots. Colossal transforming robots that take the shape of Dinosaur—twice the size and twice the power—and Grimlock, the Dino-bot leader. He is an over sized Tyrannosaurus Rex with a temper on a really short fuse. New looks for the returning characters from the previous movie and new characters from the franchise’s roots. Super car manufacturer from the round the world, send their fastest and most expensive products for the cast. Every Transformers movie has really only been expensive car commercials with a bad love story and a lot of explosions. Of course, this is a stereotype of Bay’s works but, Age of Extinction look to have more potential than its predecessors. Now I normally rate movies by how engaging—via story and action—they are and how cringe worthy any scene is. I followed the movie like a hawk since was announced and thought the new human cast would do better than the previous one. I was excited.
    Now since I finished this action packed thrill ride, I was half impressed and half disappointed. As I had predicted, the movie was filled with mammoth action scenes and enough explosions to make a fireworks display jealous. What Age of Extinction doesn't have is a plot—no beginning, middle, or end to speak of. The best description of the conflict is the US government is responding to the aftermath or the transformer invasion in the previous movie by hiring a robot bounty hunter, Lockdown. In exchange for a device that create more resources for human made transformers, the CIA tracks down the leader of the Auto-bots—the good robots—Optimus Prime. The only problem for the human is they have brought the original enemy from the first three movies back from the dead. After the Auto-bots are out of options and on the run, they recruit the Dino-bots to end the fight. That makes up the bulk of the story elements, the rest action. I didn’t find the story engaging. I cringed as I watched one of my favorite franchises get ruined. Transformers Age of Extinction is an action scene with short interaction between the human characters and transformers. Age of Extinction is all action and insignificant exposition with a pathetic love story between the main human character’s daughter and some Irish guy. Oh, did I mention that product placement is too much with appearances from Bud Light and Dr. Dre’s Beats. Let’s be honest, no one goes to see a Transformers movie for the human, they want to see sentient robots destroy each other.
    The most redeeming character from the entire cast is Lockdown. He is the perfect, heartless, genius enemy that the franchise needed but he is not enough to make Bay’s critics jump. Critics tore into this movie for its lack of story and how the Age of Extinction seems lazy. For example Rolling Stone’s Peter Tavers said this in his review of Age of Extinction, “Bay, with the help of screenwriter Ehren Kruger, is telling the same damn story as he did before.” Peter admits in his review that there are new characters but other than that he rips Bay’s setup and execution of Age of Extinction apart.
    To sum up Michael Bay’s newest smash fest, Transformers Age of Extinction. I give this a 5/10. It’s a good action movie but its lack of flowing story keeps it to an average score. The movie is a never ending action roller coasters. If you are looking for great action move, Transformers is a good way to waste the day away but if you’re craving more than what Bay can offer, look elsewhere.
  78. Nov 13, 2014
    "Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

"Transformers: Age of Extinction" 10 Scale Rating: 3.5 (Bad) ...

The Good: The human cast is an improvement over the previous casts. While they were mostly in the way, they were at least mostly tolerable. The story, at least initially, wasn't bad. A black ops mission to kill all Transformers, while convincing the public/government that they are only hunting evil Decepticons, was promising. Kelsey Grammar was excellent as the film's human antagonist. When the Dinobots (finally) show up, it is a pretty amazing spectacle.

The Bad: First off, the film clocks in at just under THREE HOURS. That is three hours of bombastic Micheal Bay action and at around the 1:15 mark, the decent story falls apart and becomes silly. Revolving around a rare mineral called "Transformiam" (I kid you not), we watch as Bay re-creates the first three films with the same scenes, same action sequences, and same silly dialogue. I'll give him credit, the potty humor was gone ... but Bay couldn't help but interject a series of one-liners from every character's mouth regardless of the situation. As in the previous installments, the robot villains are mostly drones devoid of any sort of personality and the overwhelming majority of them are targets that seem to explode on contact. Also, as usual once again, the humans seem invincible and had no problem jumping into a battle involving anywhere from 3 to 20 robots leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. I can suspend belief to an extent, but our heroes survived crashes, long falls, explosions, shrapnel, repeated hails of bullets, and all out attacks from Decepticons. Give me a break. Moderately better than the last two Transformers films, the fourth installment is just as messy, boring, and disappointing as it's predecessors. Bay clearly does not care about the mythology or story behind the Autobots and Decepticons and is simply using the license to make a horrible robot/alien invasion film. Purists and fans of the source material will once again walk away shaking their heads.
  79. Nov 12, 2014
    Not the best film ever done, but a HUGE upgrade from "Dark of the Moon", which was a complete mess. Marky Mark does well and the story/writing at least makes a little more sense this time around. Worth watching.
  80. Nov 11, 2014
    Watch the Honest trailers and Everything wrong with videos on youtube regarding Transformers Age Of Extinction that's all I can say................Bye
  81. Nov 10, 2014
  82. Nov 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is exactly what you expect from a Transformer movie. If you like Transformer movies, this will fit the bill just fine. What really bums me out, is that T.J. Miller's character is killed in the first 20 minutes of the movies. We'll ignore the fact that, though he was a close member of the family, and it is his horrible betrayal that sets the events of the film in motion, he's never even mentioned again. We'll ignore that and bemoan the fact that a horrible opportunity for comedy was needlessly missed. He really could have elevated this movie, and he does, for 20 minutes, until he's cooked alive in asphalt lava by some evil transformer bounty hunter. There's a lot of Stupid in this movie, but man, that one just really sucked. Expand
  83. Nov 8, 2014
    One of the best movie of 2014.And one of the best movie based on a famous franchise.I love Transformers cartoon and i love Transformers movie.Transformers: Age of Extinction is a great movie
  84. Nov 4, 2014
    Otra película de Transformers??? ¿de verdad? analicemos un poco las anteriores
    Transformers: Muy bien hecha, la historia, los efectos y las secuencias de acción son entretenidas y muy bien hechas (la mejor de todas)
    Otra película de Transformers??? ¿de verdad? analicemos un poco las anteriores
    Transformers 2: Es increíble como la primera película es una excelente adaptación, si hubieran respetado el mismo estilo que la primera parte, no hubieran caído tan bajo, repleta de chistes malos, trama aburrida y lo unico que recuerdo es como un robot se follaba la pierna de Megan Fox
    Transformers 3: Mas de lo mismo pero con una duración de casi 3 horas...
    Transformers 4: MAS, MAS MAS Y MAS DE LO MISMO!
    la historia: aburrida, floja, sin chiste, lo unico llamativo son los efectos (Que en esta son cansados hasta morir) muchas explosiones, (Michael explosiones locas Bay) cansan, los chistes son tontos, dan pena, y su duración eterna hacen que sea insoportable.
  85. Nov 2, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction lacks in originality, an interesting narrative or any sense of empathy towards the characters. The focus is on how much bigger the special effects can get from the previous film, evident in the emergence of the Dinobots in this film (which were definitely cool). However this does not warrant the absolute lack of any proper story, especially so when the filmTransformers: Age of Extinction lacks in originality, an interesting narrative or any sense of empathy towards the characters. The focus is on how much bigger the special effects can get from the previous film, evident in the emergence of the Dinobots in this film (which were definitely cool). However this does not warrant the absolute lack of any proper story, especially so when the film is bloated with tons of fight scenes with nothing remotely intellectually stimulating. Expand
  86. Oct 31, 2014
    This was simply the worst pile of garbage I have ever seen. This series in General has been nothing but a cash grab followed by poor editing, poor writing, bland stories, and plastic characters. 10 Minutes of dinobots and 90 minutes of daddy Daughter nonsense and 40 minutes of product shots.
  87. Oct 29, 2014
    Yet another disappointment from a transformers movie. It is just the same explosion after explosion and no story development what so ever. At least the vehicles are cool and Mark Walberg is good in it, other wise it would be a 0 from me.
  88. Oct 26, 2014
    Another step forward in the history of imagination as manifested in cinema.

From the first Transformers movie, Spielberg and Bay communicated to me that what they were after. More than story, more than characters, they were after an abstract "poetry in motion," a kind of abstract action-painting made possible by ILM's handling of characters made of hundreds of separate, moving pieces.
    Another step forward in the history of imagination as manifested in cinema.

This goal was evidenced in the one or two dialog-less action-plus-sound-design sequences in the first film, which succeeded in my mind--and I think in theirs--as "poetry in motion."

The latest "Extinction" movie succeeds as poetry in motion at least as well as earlier episodes.

I suggest people stop reviewing Transformer movies as “adult” movies or movies for adults. They are for eight year old eyes; or, maybe even four and five year old boy eyes. When you were forming your visual and imaginative vocabulary as a child, can you imagine how this Transformers movie might impress you? I think very powerfully in a mostly good way, as movies go.

That Transformer movies are weak in character and plot does not bother me because they dare to create something much more difficult: an authentic fairy tale. In this "Extinction" is among the best one or two Transformer-movies-as-fairy-tales.
  89. Oct 24, 2014
    Wow, this movie sucked. I liked Transformers 1 and 3 quite a bit and I was expecting to like this one. For a start the run time is atleast 20 minutes too long for a Transformers movie, the humans are really weak, even worse than Sam. This movie was written by the guy who wrote TF 2 in 2009 and it shows. The writing is **** dredfull.
    3/10 only because some of the action was pretty cool.
  90. Oct 21, 2014
    It's a Michael Bay Transformers movie. You know what to expect. If you're not a fan of the series then don't watch it. However even if you're like me and enjoyed the previous movies you may be in for disappointment. It's easily the weakest in the series.

Surprisingly there's not as much action this time around. Instead it tries to focus more on it's story, which is far from the series strong suit. It falls short thanks to boring characters, both human and transformer. The plot is also very nonsensical and filled with holes. Autobots will be in one scene and disappear from the next with no explanation in order to focus on Optimus Prime in one on one duels. The film also seems to forget that it's enemies have the ability to rebuild themselves. Every attempt at humor falls flat.

So how's the action? It's still big explosions and lots of destruction. Easily the film's most entertaining aspect. Still, the majority of it just ends up becoming visual noise. The series biggest appeal can't even save it as an explosion filled popcorn-flick. I

It's a really dull film. Not even my typical mindset of "I'm here for the explosions" could bring me much enjoyment. I kept watching until the end, but I was never really satisfied. It's a mediocre film. One that I give a 5.3/10.
  91. Oct 20, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is the perfect dream of a marketing firm. One big commercial promoting all sorts of high end cars, products, and events with some script and giant monsters to connect it all. In other words, Age of Extinction follows on an already established pattern by previous entries in the franchise.

Was this supposed to be a reboot of sorts? Or different in some way?

Was this supposed to be a reboot of sorts? Or different in some way? Just because you change the human cast, that doesn't mean you're making it better. In fact, once again the human aspect of the movie falls flat at best with the occasional terrible line that makes you want to throw something at the screen. However, this time even the Autobots seemed so cheesy and miss-handled. Somehow, the fourth entry in this movie manages to take down storytelling a level below from what the movies before it left it. Is not good at all.

The "5" I give this movie is solely based on the excellent work from the VFX department. Although the action feels incredible hectic at times, the Transformers are still a sight to be hold.

If you enjoy the previous Transformers movies, then there's a legitimate shot you might not like this one. Is somehow worst than the previous ones. Yet, if you just want a crazy ride of nonsense so you can shut down your brain, then my friend this movie is for you. And I respect that!
  92. Oct 18, 2014
    The fourth installment of the blockbuster franchise stars Mark Wahlberg as he finds Optimus Prime and the other autobots in order to stop Megatron and his army.
  93. Oct 16, 2014
    There's some laughs, better action and cool villains. But since Michael Bay is still the director of the movie; it's too loud and long. Which also holds the film back.
  94. Oct 16, 2014
    -Pathetically stupid story
    -Laughable acting
    -You would wish all he human characters would just kill themselves -Generic Stupid bad guys (cant aim/always hesitate to shoot) -Bad guys cooler than autobots but stupid which is sad (as always) -Stupid people in movie keep calling giant human robots that speak english and act the same way as humans aliens...(im pretty sure xenomorphs feel
    -Pathetically stupid story
    -Laughable acting
    -You would wish all he human characters would just kill themselves
    -Generic Stupid bad guys (cant aim/always hesitate to shoot)
    -Bad guys cooler than autobots but stupid which is sad (as always)
    -Stupid people in movie keep calling giant human robots that speak english and act the same way as humans aliens...(im pretty sure xenomorphs feel insulted)
    -Stupid blonde survives unfortunately despite being incredibly stupid
    -fat autobot calls alien ugly (oh the irony..)
    -Good action
    -Decepticons look awesome as always

Overall its **** filled with lots of 'WHY THE **** moments from me but still worth watching cause and ONLY cause of the action..and dinobots.....

Do yourself a favor and just download it for free at torrent or something because its not worth your money and you can skip the **** of a storyline
  95. Oct 15, 2014
    I swear I've seen this movie 3 other times before...

This game was hyped by the introduction of the dinobots, but they only make an appearance in the last 20 minutes of the film, and barely showcase anything that makes them special or unique. So much of this movie makes little sense to me. Like why is Optimus Prime being injured a big deal when all he needs to do is scan a passing
    I swear I've seen this movie 3 other times before...

So much of this movie makes little sense to me. Like why is Optimus Prime being injured a big deal when all he needs to do is scan a passing truck and become shiny and new again?

UGH. It pains me that this movie made money. LOTS of money. It means Micheal Bay thinks he did something right, and we are in for another 2 installments of this crap...at least.
  96. Oct 13, 2014
    They did a lot of liberty on the adaptation and Michael Bay always has that signature mechanical look and feel on all his movies. You can tell when its by him.
    Nonetheless, as an actual paying individual to watch the movie, it was a sufficiently ok film.
  97. Oct 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is too long, but it's badass fun. Sound Mixing was Really Loud and I liked it. Actors were OK. Storyline Fact: No Storyline. It Will get you confused. So Much Action! This movie is kind of Recommended. Expand
  98. Oct 12, 2014
    in terms of plot and it's about as dumb as the first three. But the new and more charismatic cast of human characters(with the exception of a few) eat up the screen whenever they are on. The auto-bots are the best they've been in this then in the whole series and each one is distinguishable. By the way Lockdown is a badass villain and probably the best character in the movie.
  99. Oct 12, 2014
    Whoever did the sound design for this movie, probably has no job now. It is so bad that miscued clicks and clanks, reloads and movements, will immediately jerk you out of the movie, over and over. On the other hand Extinction does have some decent fight scenes, but they aren't as polished as the previous Transformer films, (meaning they include graphical glitches and tearing, lowWhoever did the sound design for this movie, probably has no job now. It is so bad that miscued clicks and clanks, reloads and movements, will immediately jerk you out of the movie, over and over. On the other hand Extinction does have some decent fight scenes, but they aren't as polished as the previous Transformer films, (meaning they include graphical glitches and tearing, low resolution textures, and an overall CGI quality that makes the entire movie seem less alive.). In a film that is all about Autobots vs.Bad Transformers with Decepticon Brains, this isn't something you can afford to fail at executing in any way. Speaking of transformers, those big guys do have some very good bits of voice acting, a lot coming from John Goodman and a little coming from Peter Cullen, John Dimaggio, Ken, Reno, and crew. That single fact made me care about their survival, These few voice-actors might be the only real strong point of Extinction. Luckily now this film is on Blu-ray, so you can rent it, and then skip through the 50%-%60 of the film that should have never made it out of the editing room. The film is well-over an hour too long! Mark Walhberg tries but his character feels out of place here. The rest of the cast, including Nicola Peltz from The Bates Motel; All have very little depth and are all very weakly established. I literally hated the painful lack of chemistry among the actors so much, it made me wish they would be replaced by the previous cast. Yes, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox would have done better. Oh.. and on top of all that, Kelsey Grammer gives a particularly off-base performance and Micheal Bay made another terrible movie, they should both earn Raspberry Nominations for this. The film is horrifically debilitated and cliche. In one word it is, 'Extinct. Be thankful for that. Expand
  100. Oct 11, 2014
    Transformers: Age of Extinction is bland, boring, clunky and generic. The 'reboot' of the cast does nothing to shield the inevitable overlong Michael Bay money mayhem.

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Jan 9, 2015
    When someone in Age Of Extinction carps about “crap sequels and remakes” in movies, you almost choke on the audacity.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Frankl
    Jul 10, 2014
    Does Michael Bay fit the criteria of an auteur? He certainly has his own line of distinctive tropes: the migraine-inducing noise, the fetishistic gloss, the playground-bully characters elevated to hero status and a fervently male gaze.
  3. Reviewed by: Owen Williams
    Jul 7, 2014
    The loyal fans — and they are legion — will trot out clichés like, “Leave your brain at the door,” and defend Age Of Extinction’s right to be nothing but a succession of varoom! and kersmash! sequences. For those who aren’t still blindly faithful to something they liked when they were nine, despite the colossal scale, there’s little to see here.