Paramount Pictures | Release Date: June 24, 2009
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 1478 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BradySmithJun 2, 2013
Very, very, very poor storytelling, and directing. I liked the first transformers movie, but this one is stupid, full of dirty jokes, and puts explosions 10 miles ahead of screenplay on its priority list. It's sort of passable for a t.v.Very, very, very poor storytelling, and directing. I liked the first transformers movie, but this one is stupid, full of dirty jokes, and puts explosions 10 miles ahead of screenplay on its priority list. It's sort of passable for a t.v. viewing, and has one or two decent action scenes, but that's not enough to make a good movie, not even close. Try watching this in the movie theatre for more than 2 hours while you have to pee, and are consistently having your expectations shot down. Expand
kubathereviewerJul 24, 2013
A disappointing sequel to Transformers, with terrible a humour and an unconvincing plot. The action was definitely a positive to a weak movie and easily the worst one in the trilogy.
TheApplegnomeSep 20, 2014
A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen got an awesome plot, great CGI and more adventure than the previous movie, and with great music. There's a much more entertaining story, and the action is awesome. But just as the first move, it suffers with slow and boring scenes and to much of the same stuff that we already have seen.

Better and in every way than the first movie.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen gets a 6.8/10
MovieGuysApr 23, 2014
Revenge of the Fallen is a more loosely-plotted, slightly racist, more muddled sequel that is barely entertaining enough for us to forgive its many flaws.
FreedomFightersNov 18, 2016
If you even remotely followed the film industry in 2009, you will know just how poorly received "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" was. Everyone remembers the awful reviews, the many Golden Raspberries, and the general negative reactionIf you even remotely followed the film industry in 2009, you will know just how poorly received "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" was. Everyone remembers the awful reviews, the many Golden Raspberries, and the general negative reaction the film received. And yet...I don't HATE the film. Maybe it was because I loved the action scenes, or maybe it was because of the visual grandeur, but I didn't think it was the worst film ever made. That said, I didn't LIKE the film either: it's horribly written, poorly acted, and way too long for its own good, but "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," if you know what you're getting into, is not the worst film ever made (Please, internet, don't hate me for saying such a thing). That said, it's not GOOD, and I'd recommend you turn your brain off when you watch this film, otherwise you won't get the full effect. Expand
lukechristianscNov 22, 2014
The first Transformers was really a Entertaining blockbuster for fans of transformers franchise. this sequel had 100x stereotypes then the first transformers, I did like after all but Megan Fox can not act in a Micheal bay film ( she has manyThe first Transformers was really a Entertaining blockbuster for fans of transformers franchise. this sequel had 100x stereotypes then the first transformers, I did like after all but Megan Fox can not act in a Micheal bay film ( she has many other talents then acting as a Bay girl), Literally she can not act a dime in this franchise. the first Transformers was an A- or B performance, I hate this humor it's not funny or clever while LeBeouf goes to college, I do love Peter cullen as always also bumble bee. The Cast is a disaster !!!!!!!!! it is for real. I love loud music Bay's explosions sequence seriously i do the humor ruin this first sequel to " Transformers". Grade C ( i love the Transformers cast also Micheal Bay it's just Kreuger had messed up the script for example Scream 3). Expand
MrBigman01234Jun 27, 2014
Sam Witwicky once again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, the Decepticons. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" lacks the mind-blowing blockbuster spirit "Transformers" originally had.
Danielhero1998Feb 3, 2016
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen is my Phantom Menace (a movie I was looking so much forward to, and I saw and stayed in denial of how average it is and thought that it was a great movie for many years, until I realise that I was wrongTransformers Revenge Of The Fallen is my Phantom Menace (a movie I was looking so much forward to, and I saw and stayed in denial of how average it is and thought that it was a great movie for many years, until I realise that I was wrong ;_;).

Good: The Visual Effects look as amazing as they are in all of the Transformers movie, Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime and Hugo Weaving as Megatron, the forest fight scene, Jetfire had some funny humor (minus one fart joke with a parachute)

Bad: The plot has too much going on at the same time, Except for some of Jetfires humor, none of the other humor in the movie worked (it can be a bit racist some times), Shia Labeouf is really annoying some times. His roommate Leo is a joke of a character, Megan Fox was terrible in the movie and the twin Autobots are the Jar Jar Binks for the Transformers franchise
cumoviesJul 24, 2014
again great CGI but the script is so poorly written (even more so than the first) that its basically just a bunch of robots blowing each other up the acting is not great at all this movie is not very good at all.

my ratting 4.5/10 7 for

my ratting 4.5/10 7 for action 1 for story 6.5 for comedy 5.5 for acting 1 for character development
Le__XenomorphDec 19, 2014
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a giant step down from the first Transformers. It has bad and sometimes overly inappropriate humor, racism, and a weak story. At least the CGI was as awesome if not better than the first's. 4/10 (below average)
Arthur_S_PoeFeb 13, 2015
I'm not sure how Bay managed to do so bad with the second installment, after managing to produce a surprisingly (for him) good first movie. 'Revenge of Fallen' doesn't just stagnate - it gets worse. The acting (again, with the exception of aI'm not sure how Bay managed to do so bad with the second installment, after managing to produce a surprisingly (for him) good first movie. 'Revenge of Fallen' doesn't just stagnate - it gets worse. The acting (again, with the exception of a brilliant John Turturro) was horrible, even worse than in the first installment, the action scenes overly multiplied in a way that they actually become annoying and the plot was so full of holes that you could actually see through the screen (I mean, really - The Fallen is supposed to be this overly bad-ass bad guy and you give him practically one scene at the end where the revived Optimus kicks his ass in like... 7.3 seconds). The animation just didn't cut it this time and except for several comical moments and the aforementioned animation, this movie just doesn't offer anything.

Certainly something for the fans, but overall - not worth watching.
homer4presidentMar 11, 2015
Remember 2008 when the biggest movie of the year was also one of the best? I miss 2008. This year, the biggest movie of the year is by far the worst. Transformers 2 features a shocking disregard for storytelling, characters that are, at best,Remember 2008 when the biggest movie of the year was also one of the best? I miss 2008. This year, the biggest movie of the year is by far the worst. Transformers 2 features a shocking disregard for storytelling, characters that are, at best, abrasive, constant "humor" that makes me never want to laugh again and incomprehensible, tension less, and ultimately boring action. Expand
MrMovieBuffJul 8, 2015
'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' is an unpleasant experience of noisy, overcrowded and damn right annoying features.

While the film delivers on giving us action, comedy, hot girls and cars...what's funny is how I did not enjoy it at all. The pretty girls are a distraction to the film's thinly written script, their pretty faces are to distract from their terrible acting and the overuse of action and special effects are to distract teenage boys, when you cannot even tell which robot is evil and which one is good.

Michael Bay clearly crossed a line when he wanted to make this sequel, it is only two years after the original film was released, so the studio may have rushed him to make another box office money printer.

Bay should have just tried to re-imagine the story, he should have just tried to actually make a sequel to surpass the original with a gripping story instead of just executing it with bombastic special effects that get boring after a while and comic relief that is more offensive than it is funny. There is some racist jokes that clearly are not funny.

'Revenge of the Fallen' is obnoxious, cynical and long, but it does get points for special effects alone, while amazing-looking, go on for too long.
russiangamerMar 16, 2017
Долой сценарий, даёшь взрывы!
Сценарий плохой, заслуженная золотая малина. Ну а эффекты по-прежнему замечательные, но в этот раз за счёт них выехать не получилось, как первой части.
Не рекомендую.
Долой сценарий, даёшь взрывы!
Не рекомендую.
CineAutoctonoJul 26, 2015
Good but too disappointing movie , there for some scenes but brings funny scenes , but it looks very funny and some great action but the action and explosions.
FlickFreaks83Dec 11, 2015
comprised of several construction vehicles, set on clawing its way to the peak of a pyramid. As it lumbers up the dusty colossus, a shot tilts up to its mid-section, revealing two wrecking balls dangling down. Yes, Michael Bay, the man whocomprised of several construction vehicles, set on clawing its way to the peak of a pyramid. As it lumbers up the dusty colossus, a shot tilts up to its mid-section, revealing two wrecking balls dangling down. Yes, Michael Bay, the man who brought us cyber-micturition in this movie’s predecessor, has one-upped himself: Decepticon testicles.

If the thought of that gag makes you laugh, chances are you’ll have a ball with Revenge Of The Fallen. If not… well, Bay really doesn’t care. His first and only sequel since Bad Boys 2 is, like that film, marked by swaggering confidence, wild excess and a string of bad-taste jokes. Dogs hump each other, robots hump human legs and the camera spends so much time ogling Megan Fox’s torso you start to wonder if it’s being operated by a 13 year-old boy. There are now 42 robots, including one that looks like a jaguar, one that can turn into ball bearings to access high-security areas and one in the form of a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

It all looks good on paper, as does the added-value 150-minute run time. But it’s a case of same meal, bigger portion, with the flaws of the first not only present but accentuated. You’ll be even more hard pressed at the end of this one to remember which robot’s which — there are three or four new Gremlin-esque ones that chitter and skitter about like the first movie’s Frenzy — and few get more than a scene before Bay’s attention flits elsewhere. Even the Fallen, an Emperor figure to Megatron’s Darth Vader, who can hurl tanks around with the aid of his jagged staff, is only blandly nefarious.

The plot, meanwhile, is as baffling as before, not only bringing back the abstruse Allspark but throwing in a new MacGuffin called the ‘Matrix of Leadership’. It tries harder to be funny but is actually less so, despite Shia LaBeouf working some early new-kid-on-campus schtick, Rainn Wilson amusing in a single scene as a rock-star astronomy teacher, and John Turturro doing an entertaining reprise of MIB wannabe Simmons (“What you’re about to see is top secret: do not tell my mother”). This is a film that doesn’t know where to stop — even comic-relief characters get their own comic-relief characters, like the offensively irritating Twins, who bicker in hip-hop slang, or Wheels, a turncoat Decepticon who for some reason talks like a ‘30s screen gangster.

What saves it, just about, are the effects. At times the frame is so packed with whirring cogs and twirling cranks that you could replicate the effect by staring at the innards of a domestic appliance, but when these CG moto-men from another world duke it out, the images are often so screwy it’s impossible to do anything but sit and stare. The Shanghai-set opening sequence is lunatic fun, with Optimus Prime leaping onto the face of a colossal, rampaging unicycle and ordering it to, “Pull over”. And while Prime’s later forest face-off against a trio of Decepticons suffers by comparison to a recent film’s spar between a big ape and three dinosaurs, there are more flawlessly rendered money shots in the last 40 minutes alone than in a dozen less ambitious blockbusters.

It’s just a shame there aren’t more ideas behind the spectacle, since we’re not given much in the way of compelling reasons to root for one pixelly pugilist over another. Long before the final minute it’s become a numbing, wearying viewing experience. Next time could we have less balls and more brains?

A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there’s more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
DyliebarMar 2, 2016
It started pretty solid, after the opening action sequence ends, everything goes downhill! The humor sucks, the characters are annoying, and the dialogue is horrible!! Most of the only good moments in the movie are the action sequences!It started pretty solid, after the opening action sequence ends, everything goes downhill! The humor sucks, the characters are annoying, and the dialogue is horrible!! Most of the only good moments in the movie are the action sequences! The only time I got tired of the action was in the final act, there was no excitement involved it, and of course, the film's awful sense of humor was put in the mix, so yeah, this was a very disappointing sequel! Expand
Alexander749Jun 23, 2017
Great action, but too much comedy. This movie is good, but not good as the other ones. I wanted this movie to be darker like the other ones. But ones again the movie has some great action and i recommend you seeing it.