5.4

1. DerekM.
    Jul 1, 2009
    If you didn't like this movie there is no hope for happiness in your life.
  2. KostasM
    Sep 4, 2009
    A blast from start to finish. Intense, brutal, massive, lasting mech batles with outstanding sound audio and video effects that build upon it's predecessor. A must-see for any transformers' geek and a pretty entertaining movie for any other kind of geek or action movie fans.
  3. michaelm
    Oct 3, 2009
    First, I believe the transformers franchise is amazing because of how live;y the machines are and the ability to become any of earth's technology. The second installment of transformers was amazing form the beginning to end. And yet it got such a horrible review. The story line of the movie is more action pack than that of the t.v series. As many of us know, the matrix was a First, I believe the transformers franchise is amazing because of how live;y the machines are and the ability to become any of earth's technology. The second installment of transformers was amazing form the beginning to end. And yet it got such a horrible review. The story line of the movie is more action pack than that of the t.v series. As many of us know, the matrix was a important item of the series. Michael Bay turned it from a bad ass story line of primes fighting on of their own and protecting it to optimus revealing it in the transformers movie (1986). It deserves a ten and two more movies featuring the dinobots. Expand
  4. LandonF.
    Jun 24, 2009
    This movie was better than the original. Yes it was super Bay-tatstic over the top action... But thats what this movie IS, an action movie with giant robots. All the stupid cheese humor was (mostly) cut out this time in favor of slightly more adult themes. And the few scenes that I thought were going to just be horrible turned out well. See it if you like: Giant robots, Action, Optimus This movie was better than the original. Yes it was super Bay-tatstic over the top action... But thats what this movie IS, an action movie with giant robots. All the stupid cheese humor was (mostly) cut out this time in favor of slightly more adult themes. And the few scenes that I thought were going to just be horrible turned out well. See it if you like: Giant robots, Action, Optimus Prime shanking Decepticons, Megan Foxx and mostly adult humor. Expand
  5. MattB
    Jun 24, 2009
    Critics, obviosly still dont seem to release what average people like, evryone likes the tear jerkin stories that have an Oscar winning plot, but the average person also needs the thrill and excitment of intense movies like transformers, well i admit its not as good as the first, I still give it a ten though because everyone other than the critics gave this movie a 7 or /10 and anyone Critics, obviosly still dont seem to release what average people like, evryone likes the tear jerkin stories that have an Oscar winning plot, but the average person also needs the thrill and excitment of intense movies like transformers, well i admit its not as good as the first, I still give it a ten though because everyone other than the critics gave this movie a 7 or /10 and anyone that comes to this site will be turned away from this must watch. Expand
  6. GuyT.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Loud, Spectacular, Dumb and Fun - everything I wanted from a Summer Blockbuster. People need to get a grip and stop bitching that a Michael Bay film is too loud and too over the top - it's what he does and what he does well!
  7. nickr
    Jun 25, 2009
    Seems. To me every low score on here seems to have michael bay mentioned so my question to all you baqy haters out there is this.sense you most likley knew bay was at the helm of this movie and you think he is satan then why did you even go to the movie? Guess you all showed him you know by handing over your money.anyway great movie as long as you know what your going to be seeing witch Seems. To me every low score on here seems to have michael bay mentioned so my question to all you baqy haters out there is this.sense you most likley knew bay was at the helm of this movie and you think he is satan then why did you even go to the movie? Guess you all showed him you know by handing over your money.anyway great movie as long as you know what your going to be seeing witch is insane bot battlles explosions and great cgi Expand
  8. MarkP
    Jun 25, 2009
    The most amazing film I've seen in ages - ignore the bad reviews from critics justifying their job - if you simply want to be entertained and amazed, go see it.
  9. NeilT
    Jun 25, 2009
    Dont listen to the critics, this film is awesome! It had loads of laughs and an overflowing bucket of action! The fight sequences were incredible, the attention to detail was improved. I dont think ive ever come out of a cinema with my jaw hanging, until i saw this. It is seriously good! Whether your a transformers fan or not, if you love movies with some butt kicking ass action of the Dont listen to the critics, this film is awesome! It had loads of laughs and an overflowing bucket of action! The fight sequences were incredible, the attention to detail was improved. I dont think ive ever come out of a cinema with my jaw hanging, until i saw this. It is seriously good! Whether your a transformers fan or not, if you love movies with some butt kicking ass action of the highest calber, see this!! Expand
  10. RazvanT
    Jun 25, 2009
    Again i do not understand how could the critics not like the movie. Is it because of the incredible graphic effects ? Is it because of Megan's hotness ? because it sure isn't because of the acting, nor the storyline. Everything was fantastic and another job well done by Michael Bay and the crew. Well done.
  11. MikeK
    Jun 29, 2009
    A $200 million opening weekend shows what people think of the critics. Great movie!
  12. Jun 3, 2011
    WHY?! why does this movie have such bad reviews? This movie was epic and amazing. I know it was rushed because of the writers strike and all, but this is Transformers. Anybody watch the original cartoon? It was cheesy, had cheesy humor, but it was awesome, best show ever. This movie went back to the original cartoon with the comedy and action, and the on-going rivalry between Megatron andWHY?! why does this movie have such bad reviews? This movie was epic and amazing. I know it was rushed because of the writers strike and all, but this is Transformers. Anybody watch the original cartoon? It was cheesy, had cheesy humor, but it was awesome, best show ever. This movie went back to the original cartoon with the comedy and action, and the on-going rivalry between Megatron and Optimus. This movie even had soundwave with Ravage too. I am an absolutely diehard Transformers fan and whoever gave this movie a bad review is just blind, deaf or plain old stupid, because this movie was epic. ALOT of action, traditional Transformers story, and good acting from Shia Labeouf, yes I know Megan Fox is a terrible actress but shes absolutely beautiful. Thats mainly what shes there for. This movie was amazing, funny, and EPIC! I love Transformers, I can't wait for the third! 100/10! Expand
  13. Jan 26, 2011
    The story was weak and the humor was just plain silly. But having said that, it is one of my favorite movies. Here's why. The presentation of this movie is flawless. The action is perfect and dazzling. Explosions and metal pieces galore. Many scenes, especially the forest fight scene, play out like a symphony orchestra. So what this movie lacks and screws up, makes up for it 100 fold.
  14. BrianK.
    Jun 24, 2009
    I still dont understand how people could hate this movie. The first time around everyone complained that there wasn't enough screen time with the bots. Now everyone complains that there were TOO MANY bots and it was too long and too loud and too much action. Get a grip and enjoy the movie for what it was, just a fun movie where bots are kicking the living crap out of each other. The I still dont understand how people could hate this movie. The first time around everyone complained that there wasn't enough screen time with the bots. Now everyone complains that there were TOO MANY bots and it was too long and too loud and too much action. Get a grip and enjoy the movie for what it was, just a fun movie where bots are kicking the living crap out of each other. The dialogue reminded me of the old 80's cartoon show with some of the stupid lines and things like that. The movie was completely nostalgic! And the too many bots problem? Well remember in the old cartoon how a bot would be introduced but NEVER seen again? C'mon people!! If your a fanboy you will love this movie, if not whatever go be miserable somewhere but this movie absolutely rocked! Cant wait for Transformers 3!! Expand
  15. jeanpaulb.
    Jun 25, 2009
    Awesome movie is 2 1/2 hr but it really worth it i will go to see it again.
  16. AndrewB
    Jun 25, 2009
    It's not the great American movie experience, but it's an amazing summer action blockbuster.
  17. RonK.
    Jun 26, 2009
    Outstanding summer movie, it delivered what every great action movie should. explosions, babes, comedy, and a fun filled roller coaster ride. As an adult watching a movie about an animated series from my childhood, i was absolutely pleased with the outcome. To those overpaid film critics who are so far detached from anything resembling reality (other than their own where they sit around Outstanding summer movie, it delivered what every great action movie should. explosions, babes, comedy, and a fun filled roller coaster ride. As an adult watching a movie about an animated series from my childhood, i was absolutely pleased with the outcome. To those overpaid film critics who are so far detached from anything resembling reality (other than their own where they sit around with their narrow minded friends and congratulate themselves on how great they are), Hey lighten up. I would say go to the movies and have a little fun and TRY not to overthink every little thing, but i think they either don't know how, or are just too stuck on themselves to lower themselves to anyone else's level. Expand
  18. KyleE.
    Jun 26, 2009
    Great movie! If you liked the first movie, it was equal or better. The robot fighting scenes are much better this time around, and the special effects are incredible.
  19. MatthewG
    Jun 27, 2009
    It was exactly what I expected, and unlike those who say they can't keep up with the action, I was easily able to differentiate the robots in fighting sequences, and the move came off with a hint of more store and a desire to know more about the universe. I think people that hate on this move need to remember that we love action movies for the action not acting.
  20. Emin
    Jun 29, 2009
    Tranformers 1 was a superb action film! Transf. RotF=Trans1*10! Everething everywhere is blowing up, more jokes, more transformers!!! Fantastic film! The best action I've ever seen! Michael Bay! We need moooore :) Can't wait for Transformers 3!
  21. Martin
    Jun 30, 2009
    Yes it´s story is, reduced to it´s essence, a flaw. Yes the movie is a bit too long. and yes the movie kicks ass! Transformers 2 is Blockbuster Cinema par excellence! Loud, funny and enjoyable in every second. It´s a feel good movie and even better than the amazing first part. Definetly a must see!
  22. ixata
    Jul 1, 2009
    As expected, low scores.. i dont know what critics are looking for in the movie, but whatever. its their opinion. i thought it was really entertaining, engaging thruout the movie. and some reviewers dissed the slang-speaking autobots, wtf! this movie is meant to be funny+actionpacked, thats why they put it there! dont listen to the critics, watch it. i've watched it 2 times now.
  23. cameronm
    Jul 1, 2009
    This movie was great to me, i mean some, well most people say its too long, but the dark knight and titanic were too long. and i hate long movies. but this one is an exception. most likely if the movie is long, then it is boring, but that is the oppisite with transformers 2. this movie had so much action i had to wait to go to the bathroom because i didnt want to miss any of it. yeah half This movie was great to me, i mean some, well most people say its too long, but the dark knight and titanic were too long. and i hate long movies. but this one is an exception. most likely if the movie is long, then it is boring, but that is the oppisite with transformers 2. this movie had so much action i had to wait to go to the bathroom because i didnt want to miss any of it. yeah half the jokes were bad, but half were also very funny. would u rather it just have boring parts instead of comedy... i didnt think so. i dont know why critics hate it, but its their job to do that. but that didnt stop the movie from grossing over $200 million in its first five days. and people came to see this movie for one reason, action and adventure. so just because some of u little wimps cant handle all of the action doesnt mean u have to give it bad reviews. Expand
  24. ZechariahL
    Jul 10, 2009
    I thought that this movie was funny as hell cuz every body in the theaters was laughing like hell and wen everybody came out of the movie they were still laughing there ass off.
  25. Rony
    Jul 1, 2009
    Who cares what the critics like and dislike. Its what the audience like what should count. If a critic jumps off a bridge it doesnt mean im going to do it too. This movie was action packed and entertaining. PERIOD!
  26. CurtisR
    Jul 4, 2009
    If I had to explain this movie in one word I guess it would be....jawdropalicious. There are mixed reviews for this movie and thats because of all the 29 yr olds still reading their comics in mommy's basement who think the movie changed a few things. Well answer me this: would you want to watch a movie that you know exactly what is going to happen? My favorite movie possibly of all If I had to explain this movie in one word I guess it would be....jawdropalicious. There are mixed reviews for this movie and thats because of all the 29 yr olds still reading their comics in mommy's basement who think the movie changed a few things. Well answer me this: would you want to watch a movie that you know exactly what is going to happen? My favorite movie possibly of all time with not one thing I would change. Don't ask me though, go see it for yourself. It is a must see on the big screen. Expand
  27. JureB
    Apr 17, 2010
    Wow! I just saw this movie and afterwards came here to see the score and I couldn't believe what i saw. This is the maximum that today's action cinematography can give. The peak of computer technology paired with attractive real shots, with crazy tempo...and with comedy elements and....everything! Action movie that fulfills its main purpose - to entertain people. I am getting Wow! I just saw this movie and afterwards came here to see the score and I couldn't believe what i saw. This is the maximum that today's action cinematography can give. The peak of computer technology paired with attractive real shots, with crazy tempo...and with comedy elements and....everything! Action movie that fulfills its main purpose - to entertain people. I am getting this on Blu Ray ASAP. Expand
  28. MichaelD.
    Apr 28, 2010
    If you think that "Transformers REvenge of the Fallen" was great you are may be right.This movie has gotten better than the first movie which was a great summer blockbuster film the first movie made than 700 million dollars that was impressive this movie has made more than 800 million dollars that was really super impressive.See you guys later 4 the 3rd Transformers film fools.
  29. Supernintendoh
    Jun 25, 2009
    Great movie, i loved it, dont care about whom was a better actor ? Its entertainment, I enjoyed the loud Bass and tremble at the Rave. Funny movie and action was Awsome. Its better than watching Postal or Blood Rayne from Mister Bowl Himself. Imagine him making Transformers. Oh the Horror.
  30. Dude
    Jun 29, 2009
    I loved thi smovie, as did my wife, it was what Transformers was all about back in the day, not this new age PC crap! Suprise, critics don't like it, well duh! They only like garbage! Loved it!
  31. Sep 5, 2011
    Revenge of the Fallen continues the movie franchise as the battle between the autobots and decepticons continues. This time, the leader of the fallen plans to take over our world as the autobots once again need the help of Sam Witwicky once again to help them win the battle, but after Optimus Prime gets killed by Megatron, now resurrected and is tracking Sam down to find the Matrix ofRevenge of the Fallen continues the movie franchise as the battle between the autobots and decepticons continues. This time, the leader of the fallen plans to take over our world as the autobots once again need the help of Sam Witwicky once again to help them win the battle, but after Optimus Prime gets killed by Megatron, now resurrected and is tracking Sam down to find the Matrix of Leadership which it has the power to resurrect a prime and our heroes must somehow save the world once again.

My friend from school showed me the trailer and I waited until June of 2009 to see it and I've finally did.

Michael Bay's directing was good, The storyline was almost slow, but some of the scenes were well-paced like the storyline from the first movie. The cinematography and the actors were almost as good, but they were still entertaining, again, the Witwicky family weren't given enough screen time, but were still great. The action scenes were amazing and the humor was as good as the ones in the first.

This movie had won some of the golden raspberry awards, but the negative reviews and the score are way too low for a great movie and one of the highest grossing movies of 2009. If fans of the franchise hated this film will have to deal with the director. Remember that.

At my highest hopes, an 8/10 will make this movie a very good sequel and I'm going to see Transformers 3 tomorrow in theaters.

4.0/5 stars
  32. Shiva
    Jun 26, 2009
    My friends and I went to the midnight release and we had the time of our lives! The movie was amazing - and the special effects were mindblowing! You critics need to grow up and learn to relax! Just because it's not "Brokeback Mountain" doesn't mean you have to try and run it into the ground. Just watch the box office numbers...the FANS will show you what a good movie we all My friends and I went to the midnight release and we had the time of our lives! The movie was amazing - and the special effects were mindblowing! You critics need to grow up and learn to relax! Just because it's not "Brokeback Mountain" doesn't mean you have to try and run it into the ground. Just watch the box office numbers...the FANS will show you what a good movie we all thought it was! Expand
  33. AdioA.
    Jan 25, 2010
    Transformers revenge of the fallen was great. i thought that Michael bay out did himself on the first but the graphics, storyline, and and music(linkin park_new divide) was excellent i cant wait to see the next yes for those of u who have not yet seen it there will be a 3rd but slow your horses its not coming out for years to come.
  34. TheFallen
    May 4, 2010
    I'm done with these idiots who can't appreciate a good - nay, AWESOME - movie that delivers exactly what it promises - record-breaking action sequences and CGI only Avatar could hope to match. I didn't see any multi-story mech in Avatar that caused a computer to FREAKING MELT trying to animate it. I'm even willing to give the Twins a little leeway, as their lines were I'm done with these idiots who can't appreciate a good - nay, AWESOME - movie that delivers exactly what it promises - record-breaking action sequences and CGI only Avatar could hope to match. I didn't see any multi-story mech in Avatar that caused a computer to FREAKING MELT trying to animate it. I'm even willing to give the Twins a little leeway, as their lines were apparently the actors' ad-libbed own. Finally, it started back up my unhealthy habit of trying to find ways to put money in Hasbro's pocket by buying the damn toys. I'm counting down eagerly to the War for Cybertron game and TF3 (422 days as of this writing!). Expand
  35. TysonF.
    Jun 24, 2009
    It is very hard to beat the first movie in a sequel. Transformers 2 doesn't quite match the first one but it is never the less a great movie. The special effects are outstanding and despite some big name critics rubbishing it about "no story line' and "too long", i personally found it enjoyable and very entertaining, in fact i lost track of time during the movie. The only It is very hard to beat the first movie in a sequel. Transformers 2 doesn't quite match the first one but it is never the less a great movie. The special effects are outstanding and despite some big name critics rubbishing it about "no story line' and "too long", i personally found it enjoyable and very entertaining, in fact i lost track of time during the movie. The only indicator i had that the movie was a long one was my backside going numb from sitting in one spot for too long in a worn out movie cinema seat. Can't wait until the next one comes out!!! Expand
  36. ChazzR.
    Jun 24, 2009
    What is wrong with the critics in todays society?! I realize movies like this may not be their favorite, but they should take into consideration all the work that goes into a movie like this rather than if their cynical selves enjoyed it. The funny thing about critics is that they always have biased reviews based on a single thing they dislike and then it sways their opinion and in turnWhat is wrong with the critics in todays society?! I realize movies like this may not be their favorite, but they should take into consideration all the work that goes into a movie like this rather than if their cynical selves enjoyed it. The funny thing about critics is that they always have biased reviews based on a single thing they dislike and then it sways their opinion and in turn outweighs the movie as a whole. They should appreciate the talent required to make a movie like this. This movie got an average that was one ppoint higher than Dance Flick.... Are you kidding me. I got back from the midnight showing a little bit ago and it was phenomenal..... Don't listen to the critcs. They will all go to hell with the sound of their voices. Expand
  37. RobC.
    Jun 24, 2009
    The best word to describe this movie is EPIC. There is no way you can sit in the audience and watch robots the size of skyscrapers fighting each other and not get caught up in the action. The movie dazzles you just because it knows it can and leaves you wanting more explosions, more gunfire, and more giant robots getting ripped in half, impaled, or imploding. Don't expect to find The best word to describe this movie is EPIC. There is no way you can sit in the audience and watch robots the size of skyscrapers fighting each other and not get caught up in the action. The movie dazzles you just because it knows it can and leaves you wanting more explosions, more gunfire, and more giant robots getting ripped in half, impaled, or imploding. Don't expect to find some deep movie here, this is a pure action joy ride that needs to be experienced to be believed. Expand
  38. jamieH.
    Jun 26, 2009
    I thought it was great! C'mon people, you're not going to Transformers for a great plot....
  39. MarcelK.
    Jun 28, 2009
    LOL!!! How can you give this movie 0 points and call it the Worst Movie of The Decade? T4, a movie that has most likely killed the Terminator franchise would deserve that title way more. But back to Transformers...Yes, it was long...Yes, it was cheesier than a quadruple cheesburger...Yes, the predictable plot that snuck in between the action scenes was mind-numbing...and Yes, I definitely LOL!!! How can you give this movie 0 points and call it the Worst Movie of The Decade? T4, a movie that has most likely killed the Terminator franchise would deserve that title way more. But back to Transformers...Yes, it was long...Yes, it was cheesier than a quadruple cheesburger...Yes, the predictable plot that snuck in between the action scenes was mind-numbing...and Yes, I definitely expected all of that. They could have had Megan fox running in slo-mo for 2 and a half hours, I would have liked the movie. Even if the robots would have fought for 2 and a half hours without saying a word...I still would have liked it. It simply was what I expectd and in terms of flawless special effects, it gave me more than I expected. Not being a Transformers fanboy I would have liked the Decepticons to look a little bit more different, I kept being confused who their leader and who his stupid F-14 side kick was. Anyway...great summer movie, more face time with the Robots and Megan Fox make this definitely a better experience than the first one...go and see it and never trust the Rolling Stone magazine again ragarding a movie rating...0 points...absolutely rediculous!!!! Expand
  40. HUGEOldschoolTFFan
    Jun 30, 2009
    This movie was really good, CGI was out of this world. I'm glad they put more well known and oldschool transformers like Devastator & Acree. Also I'm glad they gave Starscream more dialogue too. I wasn't too pleased with how pussy Starscream was with Megatron and I wasn't pleased with Megatron not being called Galvatron after he was revivied seeing as thats what This movie was really good, CGI was out of this world. I'm glad they put more well known and oldschool transformers like Devastator & Acree. Also I'm glad they gave Starscream more dialogue too. I wasn't too pleased with how pussy Starscream was with Megatron and I wasn't pleased with Megatron not being called Galvatron after he was revivied seeing as thats what happened in the originals. However they did give Megatron his oldschool 'tank form' back. Demolisher was NEVER supposed to be that big, that was ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous, Megan Fox's acting was terrible and her char differed from TF 1. Shia was perfect as usual, and Optimus Prime... wel he just made me remember why hes my fav TF and the most badass TF ever! Rly good movie if ur not a TF fan either! Screw those 'professional' movie reviewers they don't know TF like i do. Expand
  41. DJ
    Jun 30, 2009
    Highly entertaining movie. While it isn't a cinematic masterpiece, the "professional" reviewers are either too old or too pretentious to appreciate this kind of film... I'd consider it a must-see in theatres.
  42. chrisa.
    Jul 16, 2009
    I liked the movie and if u grew up with transformers u will love it too i saw this movie twice in theaters and the critics got it wrong. Just look at the money that has been made and that should tell you that people like things critics dont.
  43. LockonS.
    May 3, 2010
    Honestly, If it weren't for the Mechanical details of the robots, I have not even bothered to watch after seeing the first movie, which was really boring, but after watching this sequel, it made me take back what I said.
  44. MichaelS.
    Oct 21, 2009
    The critics are lame dickheads!! this was a great movie, sure the plot wasn't that great..who cares!! the action was the best part..this movie is overly hated, and deserves a 9.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Transformers 2 is not as serious as the first, and being as the first wasn't very serious, well that says a lot! However I really enjoyed this movie, its the first time in a while that iv'e been in a Cinema where the audience have all started applauding at a great joke/scene. It has some terrible scenes, but it also has some superb ones, and overall its a fun film. Go see it if Transformers 2 is not as serious as the first, and being as the first wasn't very serious, well that says a lot! However I really enjoyed this movie, its the first time in a while that iv'e been in a Cinema where the audience have all started applauding at a great joke/scene. It has some terrible scenes, but it also has some superb ones, and overall its a fun film. Go see it if you want a fun, cheesy, un-serious action flick. Don't expect in-depth story lines or a life changing film, just go for a laugh and you will enjoy it! Expand
  46. ArkiQ
    Jun 25, 2009
    Almost anyone can rant about how bad this movie is because it lacks this and that but in the end, I don't think anyone goes to watch it because of it's storyline or good drama scenes. It's about the action and the massive robot fights. If you can leave your logic at home you will enjoy this movie a lot. The only important complain I have about it is that it centers too much Almost anyone can rant about how bad this movie is because it lacks this and that but in the end, I don't think anyone goes to watch it because of it's storyline or good drama scenes. It's about the action and the massive robot fights. If you can leave your logic at home you will enjoy this movie a lot. The only important complain I have about it is that it centers too much attention in humans when It's called Transformers and is based on a series where the main characters were the robots. Megan Fox acts bad... but she looks really good doing it. Expand
  47. igorD.
    Jun 26, 2009
    everything was perfect, except the the ending. The final fight between the fallen and optimus prime could be a little bit longer.
  48. Christian
    Jun 26, 2009
    Fantastic movie. everyone did a great acting job. Megan Fox was beautiful!
  49. PaulR.
    Jun 26, 2009
    The women reviewing this movie must have been writing their essays for school, while us 18-35m were off in imaginationland wondering what these toys would look like in real life. Keep making these movies and raking in the cash from all us guys, and let the critics go back to reviewing the chick flicks they are so good at reveiwing.
  50. SamP.
    Jun 26, 2009
    I don't understand all of the bad reviews out there. If these people came to the theater expecting a rich story, good character development and plot twists then they obviously don't know transformers. Its autobots vs deceptagons, that s it. there will be alot of fights and alot of explosions. What more do you need from a summer action flick. its not a suspense thriller.
  51. PatrickO
    Jun 28, 2009
    Wow! I just saw the movie Transformers: Revenge of the fallen, and the critical reviews are mostly way off in left field somewhere. I can't believe the reviewers actually saw the movie based on the reviews. This movie rocks. Never trust a review based News Paper hacks. This movie was really entertaining with lots of action, comedy, and human emotion. No complaints here. I highly Wow! I just saw the movie Transformers: Revenge of the fallen, and the critical reviews are mostly way off in left field somewhere. I can't believe the reviewers actually saw the movie based on the reviews. This movie rocks. Never trust a review based News Paper hacks. This movie was really entertaining with lots of action, comedy, and human emotion. No complaints here. I highly recommend seeing this film for the fun, laughter and action. Expand
  52. AlanK
    Jun 28, 2009
    Extremely entertaining action, and hence is not made to be taken seriously and scrutinized, but simply enjoyed. Great characters and stunning visuals. This year's best action.
  53. BenS
    Jun 28, 2009
    This SUMMER ACTION movie was fantastic! It's not an Oscar worthy film, nor is it some historical piece where it takes itself too seriously, so to the critics who bang on this movie, you need to get back to picking apart those boring dialogue heavy movies. Transformers 2 was funnier with way more action than the first Transformers. The plot was not hard to follow despite the critics This SUMMER ACTION movie was fantastic! It's not an Oscar worthy film, nor is it some historical piece where it takes itself too seriously, so to the critics who bang on this movie, you need to get back to picking apart those boring dialogue heavy movies. Transformers 2 was funnier with way more action than the first Transformers. The plot was not hard to follow despite the critics being confused by a simple plot. Get over yourselves critics because summer blockbusters are like microwave dinners, you can't expect it to be restaurant quality. Finally, to the person who thinks this movie will outsell Dark Knight and Titanic.....YOU NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF! Expand
  54. hansw
    Jun 29, 2009
    Loved it. its exactly what i wanted in a movie. something to take me away. I suppose if I was a movie critic and al lI did with my life was watch movies, or was some netflix snob wannabe-critic) like some of the sad people who trash this movie, ok maybe i'd think different. But to your normal person who has a job and just wants to be entertained... this was purely fantastic.
  55. ConorScott
    Jun 29, 2009
    No where near as bad as everyone makes it out to be, its just a good old action filled movie for your entertainment not to make you think about whats happening and its not trying to be a masterpeice!
  56. JaredC
    Jun 30, 2009
    I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Unlike others i went to see the movie for entertainment. There was more action and i saw none of the so-called racist undertones, that people are claiming, it is 2 1/2 hours of FUN!!!
  57. TameahSimpson
    Jun 30, 2009
    Critics don't know anything Transformers was a good movie and if critics think that movies are bad doesnt mean that we think its bad.
  58. PrestonB
    Jul 1, 2009
    Best movie I've seen in a very long time. Very exciting. Audience was caught up in the movie and I found myself cheering many times during the film.
  59. JohnD.
    Jul 17, 2009
    This movie deserved nothing less than 100(or more) out of 100! It was absolutely phenomenal! Ok fine maybe some parts of it could of been tweaked just little tiny bit but how much more are you going to ask for?!? In my opinion, best movie ever made. The only thing that might top it are any other sequels they might make. Anybody that has anything negative to say needs to shut-up and get a This movie deserved nothing less than 100(or more) out of 100! It was absolutely phenomenal! Ok fine maybe some parts of it could of been tweaked just little tiny bit but how much more are you going to ask for?!? In my opinion, best movie ever made. The only thing that might top it are any other sequels they might make. Anybody that has anything negative to say needs to shut-up and get a change of thought. Expand
  60. basils
    Jul 2, 2009
    It was a spectacle, something that stimulated every sense. I couldn't have asked for anything more with second installment!
  61. OllieT
    Jul 28, 2009
    Great brill movie could see it 100 times and wouldnt become boring!acting 10/10 graphics 10/10 are the critics blind this is a master piece for your eyes go watch now1.
  62. JakeF
    Jul 3, 2009
    Its funny, most critics panned this film but what we must all remember is that they don't matter. I don't mean that in a bad way. its just that take into account cinematography, how good the actors were, all that stuff, and its still a personal opinion i.e. "How was this film to me" therefore it doesn't matter what these critics have to say. We didn't elect them, we Its funny, most critics panned this film but what we must all remember is that they don't matter. I don't mean that in a bad way. its just that take into account cinematography, how good the actors were, all that stuff, and its still a personal opinion i.e. "How was this film to me" therefore it doesn't matter what these critics have to say. We didn't elect them, we didn't get to decide who they are. They just decided to do this job (and then worked towards it, not saying you can just decide to be a critic one day). That's why all these audience surveys have been counter to what the critics have been saying. I enjoyed the film. I though it was enjoyable funny and all round good and apparently so did most of the people who saw it. In the end that's whats important with rating a film. Expand
  63. PatrickP
    Jul 5, 2009
    Great movie!!! I enjoyed it from the 1st min to the 147th min. I went into this movie not expecting anything. I wasn't expecting TF2 to play on my emotional connection to the toys/cartoons/TF1. I went in wanted to see a great Transformers movie and that's what I saw. I never read anything about this being a movie for children. With saying this, if you took your child to see this Great movie!!! I enjoyed it from the 1st min to the 147th min. I went into this movie not expecting anything. I wasn't expecting TF2 to play on my emotional connection to the toys/cartoons/TF1. I went in wanted to see a great Transformers movie and that's what I saw. I never read anything about this being a movie for children. With saying this, if you took your child to see this movie and were offended that it had profanity, it's no one fault other than your own for not seeing it was PG-13. What concerns me more is the fact that we have professional critic (meaning people who get paid to script their opinions about a topic) only give this movie a rating of 35/100 while they gave Hannah Montana: The Movie a 47/100. You have failed at your job and your life. You have personally misinformed everyone with your limited comprehension of what aspects go into making a great movie. What were you looking for in this movie, what were you wanting to find and last what movie did you watch? Now do us all a favor and never post your opinion on a movie again. Expand
  64. John
    Jul 8, 2009
    It was a great movie. There was nothing really wrong with it, but it was long. Still, everything worked nicely, and it had tons of action.
  65. PerryF.
    Aug 2, 2009
    I thought it was a great movie, funny, action packed, and a good length not too long and not to short.. I would watch it twice before leaving theatres.
  66. MikeH.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Are critics seriously getting paid for what they do!? WTF is up with them? They're literally a bunch of the stupidest dumbasses in existence. This movie had everything from comedy through to action (+ megan fox ;P), and is even suitable for all the family. I watched it with all mine and we all loved it!
  67. RobertoC
    Oct 12, 2009
    I loved this movie!! Those critics that rate it so badly ad ppl with really bad taste are truly the reason that the Academy Awards aren't even worth watching anymore loaded with bore and WTF-was-that-movie-about-again moments
  68. EvanS.
    Nov 6, 2009
    Why did a whole bunch of critics hate this movie? It was really awesome. The first one was good too, but Revenge of the Fallen was even better. I think Transformers 2 has a shot at the thitle Best Movie of All Time.
  69. CristianR.
    Oct 20, 2009
    I don't see what was wrong with this movie. Seriously I thought it was fun, cool, and explosive. The plot was good, maybe a little to much characters but who doesn't like seeing robots kicking each others butts. If you haven't seen the movie you should see it. You'll have a lot of fun.
  70. donj
    Oct 25, 2009
    All these critic opinions are worthless. This is an awesome movie. Already watched it twice and about to put it in again. If you're not a sissy and like action this is a must see.
  71. GeorgeB.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Simple explanation for the 10... way too many trolls on here who obviously were not going to enjoy the movie. If you didn't like the first movie, hate Michael Bay, don't know a thing about Transformers, and are looking for a Golden Globe plotline... why in the world would you go see Transformers 2?? Stay at home, or go watch My Sister's Keeper instead, sheesh!
  72. A.S.
    Jun 24, 2009
    I rate this an 8, but the total score really needs to be brought up. This movie was fun, well done, and a must-see for any fan of the first film. I don't understand all this hatred coming toward it; especially scores of 0. Even if you hate the plot or script, it should get at least a 5 for the amazing special effects. Every transformation is a wonder.
  73. AdrianS.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Amazing VFX. It's Fun to watch. The story is confusing. But it's worthy! I give it a 10/10 though!
  74. MikeL.
    Jun 24, 2009
    It's action packed with a vast amount of scenes that force your eyes glued to the screen!! Bay did an incredible job of balancing the action with the story line and really hit the spot on this sequel. just amazing!!
  75. NathanH.
    Jun 24, 2009
    A very intriguing sequel to the first hit film. Some will complain that the action is overbearing, but they severely overstate the intensity.
  76. Chad
    Jun 24, 2009
    This movie was not only better than the first, it is the best film I've seen in years. Better than "Sugar", "Star Trek" & "The Dark Knight". What more could a Transformers fan ask for. If I had any complaint, it would be the unstable or shaky camera work in the heavy action sequences. I would have also liked to have had Bumblebee talk. Thank you, Michale Bay for not ruining one of my This movie was not only better than the first, it is the best film I've seen in years. Better than "Sugar", "Star Trek" & "The Dark Knight". What more could a Transformers fan ask for. If I had any complaint, it would be the unstable or shaky camera work in the heavy action sequences. I would have also liked to have had Bumblebee talk. Thank you, Michale Bay for not ruining one of my favorite storys. He dose such a good job, that I couldn't help but be disappointed by "Dragonball Evolution". A horrible attempt at bringing an excellent story to the live action universe. I am planning to see Transfomers 2 again, very soon. Loved it!!! Expand
  77. AlexL
    Jun 24, 2009
    This movie was awesome. I don't understand all these people having trouble with the plot. It was funny, full of action, and by far the best movie of the summer.
  78. TylerH.
    Jun 24, 2009
    I actually would have to rate this an 8.5, but im going 10 because of the people voting this down. This was a fantastic movie, very epic, with some of the best CGI to date. the plot was surprisingly good. a couple qualms I have with it, are the fact that they didn't actually develop and of the new transformers, or have any of the existing ones like Ironhide do a whole lot (other than I actually would have to rate this an 8.5, but im going 10 because of the people voting this down. This was a fantastic movie, very epic, with some of the best CGI to date. the plot was surprisingly good. a couple qualms I have with it, are the fact that they didn't actually develop and of the new transformers, or have any of the existing ones like Ironhide do a whole lot (other than fight), meaning they didn't have plot purpose, I wish they fit them in better (both new and already existing). ***slight spoiler***, Blackout and a couple others that are assumed dead in the first are alive in the 2nd... I guess we just have to assume they were revived. Ending leaves it open for another which is always good. Overall, the movie had a lot of funny parts to it surprisingly. Action is great, although there are a couple segments that are slow and tend to drag on, but its tolerable. Defiantly a must see and must buy when it goes to dvd/blu-ray. I do believe the first film was slightly better, but this film was still great plan and simple. Its a great film to simply just enjoy and laugh, cry (there actually are some pretty intense emotional scenes), and be on the edge of your seat in anticipation. I plan to see again as soon as possible. Expand
  79. Sergiy
    Jun 24, 2009
    If your are looking for some philosophy threre, there isn't any. If want to watch metal robots then it's perfect!!!
  80. AlexE.
    Jun 24, 2009
    X-men, Spiderman... and other superhero type films based on magazines or toys try to take themselves seriously end up being poorly executed. Bay has taken something light hearted, added good humour, a non-too-serious plot, Megan Fox and some cool effects. It makes for one totally mangled amalgament of awesome for the simple minded. Turn your brain off and this film is superb
  81. DavidC.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Are you kidding me - a 42?!!! And a 6.1 from Users?!!! I'm not sure what movie these people saw, but if you liked the first movie, then prepare to be blown away. This sequel puts the original to shame. Of course nothing can compare with the first time I saw Optimus Prime transform on the big screen, but the friend I saw this flick with at midnight put it best: "There is more action Are you kidding me - a 42?!!! And a 6.1 from Users?!!! I'm not sure what movie these people saw, but if you liked the first movie, then prepare to be blown away. This sequel puts the original to shame. Of course nothing can compare with the first time I saw Optimus Prime transform on the big screen, but the friend I saw this flick with at midnight put it best: "There is more action in the first 5 minutes of this movie than in the ENTIRE first one!" Wow, these numbers would normally make me question everything, but not this time. While I might be slightly delirious from the lack of sleep, I know what I saw. Simply the most technically advanced, everything on the line, action packed, comedic, and well-plotted movie of the year. The things Bay does in this flick will make your jaw DROP! Go see it, then come back here to review and bring the numbers up for a film that just made my top 10 of all time... Expand
  82. BobS
    Jun 25, 2009
    A great summer movie. If you come into the theater knowing you are going to see a thoughtless action flick, you will have a blast. If you didn
  83. WadeG.
    Jun 25, 2009
    If you like the first movie this one is even better! It was full of action and suspense and of course Megan Fox! Bay has made many improvements on the fight sequences, gone is the shaky camera and close-ups, now you can actually see the robots destroy each other without feeling sick. There is also many new and awesome robots that will make you laugh and cheer. I dont understand why If you like the first movie this one is even better! It was full of action and suspense and of course Megan Fox! Bay has made many improvements on the fight sequences, gone is the shaky camera and close-ups, now you can actually see the robots destroy each other without feeling sick. There is also many new and awesome robots that will make you laugh and cheer. I dont understand why everyone is hating on this movie. So what there was 2 ghetto robots how is that racist, they are robots! I believe if you find that racist and stereotyping than maybe YOU are the ones who are racist considering one of them was actually played by an african american who play a great part in coming up with the characters. Please stop nitpicking people! Just go and watch it and have fun! Expand
  84. JustinM
    Jun 29, 2009
    You know what to expect when you see a movie titled "Transformers." This movie delivers on wow factor and entertainment quality, which make it the perfect summer movie. Little lengthy but necessary to develop a second storyline around aliens that turn into machines. Definetly worth price of admission.
  85. christinab
    Jun 29, 2009
    This was probably the best one yet.the acting was amazing and then there was all the action.this movie was just pure dopeness.
  86. christinay
    Jun 29, 2009
    Despise wat all the other comments i think this movie was ahhmazing.i know the sex scene in the beginning with the dogs but it made it funny.the two twins were hilarious and the theatre was full of laughter.the cussing made the movie all the more funny granted the robots cussed like sailors,but it was hilarious,the only problem i had with the movie is how did they not get kicked out of Despise wat all the other comments i think this movie was ahhmazing.i know the sex scene in the beginning with the dogs but it made it funny.the two twins were hilarious and the theatre was full of laughter.the cussing made the movie all the more funny granted the robots cussed like sailors,but it was hilarious,the only problem i had with the movie is how did they not get kicked out of college for missing so many days.i think all the action was just "wow"i wasnt excited to see the movie but when i came out of the theatre i talked nonstop about it.i had to go to the bathroom about an hour into the movie but i held it in the movie was that amazing.i think it was at just the right length.in general this movie was dope! Expand
  87. faizala
    Jun 29, 2009
    Although the storyline not as good it should be, but i like the special effect and i the size of the robot. it huge man.
  88. Aug 25, 2010
    I don't know what the hate is about. Sure the plot was a little disappointing, the acting was sub-par, but as a old-time transformers fan, I have no issue with it. The expectations were set way too high when the movie is intended to give good special effects and action sequences, and that's what Bay is good at, and that's what he delivers. Personally, I think if you want a touching plot,I don't know what the hate is about. Sure the plot was a little disappointing, the acting was sub-par, but as a old-time transformers fan, I have no issue with it. The expectations were set way too high when the movie is intended to give good special effects and action sequences, and that's what Bay is good at, and that's what he delivers. Personally, I think if you want a touching plot, Oscar-level performances, go see a movie that actually looks like it's going deliver. If you want explosions, mindless action, and an entertaining two hours, I recommend this. Expand
  89. Jul 7, 2011
    From the first frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE to the last frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE this film is Michael Bay as usual: terrible, but loud and fast. The actors literally try to dash out of the wreckage and no one's career gets out unscathed. By the time LeBeouf outruns (!) the enormous, fast as jets, body-heat seeing BOTS for the tenth time--one wondersFrom the first frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE to the last frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE this film is Michael Bay as usual: terrible, but loud and fast. The actors literally try to dash out of the wreckage and no one's career gets out unscathed. By the time LeBeouf outruns (!) the enormous, fast as jets, body-heat seeing BOTS for the tenth time--one wonders how ANYONE maintains any respect for this disaster. Moviemaking at its crudest. Ugh! Expand
  90. Feb 14, 2011
    Explosions , Stupid Jokes explosions. I Liked it Once One Time. However The 3rd installment seems prommising
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    There was a point in this movie where me and my friends looked at each other and just started laughing uncontrollably. This was because the movie in front of us was so preposterously horrible that you couldnt tell what the F was going on. I just look up and theres a lizard robot scaling a pyramid. Then I look up again and theres a giant alligator that breaths in dust for 5 minutesThere was a point in this movie where me and my friends looked at each other and just started laughing uncontrollably. This was because the movie in front of us was so preposterously horrible that you couldnt tell what the F was going on. I just look up and theres a lizard robot scaling a pyramid. Then I look up again and theres a giant alligator that breaths in dust for 5 minutes basically against both sides, just breathing in sand , that is his function in the movie. then we walked out. this movie is a disgrace to the world. Expand
  92. Jul 30, 2011
    one of my favirote movied ever . the critics are morons when they diss this movie. it funny action filled and above all entertaining.as i always say robot violence is the best violence this movie proves that fact as you can see all the parts coming out of the the robots when they are shot also they look like they are real life robots as they are so realisitic. ok so maybe the plot isone of my favirote movied ever . the critics are morons when they diss this movie. it funny action filled and above all entertaining.as i always say robot violence is the best violence this movie proves that fact as you can see all the parts coming out of the the robots when they are shot also they look like they are real life robots as they are so realisitic. ok so maybe the plot is simpilisitic but i hate over complicated plots.also the script is hilarious whith many good jokes. Expand
  93. Jan 6, 2012
    I suprisingly enjoyed this film a lot more then the first one. I think the huge flaw for it was the long run time, It definently started to push your nerves while watching it. The run time dragged the film on longer then what it should have.

Besides that, The acting was fine (yes, even the super hot Megan Fox was alright in it) and the story was fine as well. The special effects were about the same as the first film (good but insanely repetitive) and I agree that it did seem a lot of things were being blown up for no reason other then blowing them up and hoping people think it looks cool (it doesnt). It was annoying seeing the transformers transform 15+ times in the film. Also the action sequences were terrible and didnt have any excitement, Also it was hard to tell who was battling who when the camera is so close up and the autobots and decepticons are so large.

Overall the film was still rather good and I enjoyed it.
  94. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the first movie and this sequel was almost as good. Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are great once more, as is the rest of the cast. There are a few issues that I did have though. The number one problem I had was believing that transformers can now replicate human beings perfectly? I didn't read the comics or watch the TV shows so if there's anything in them can gives reason for this I wouldn't know but I don't care. Good movies should be able to stand alone and I have a hard time understanding how transformers can replicate, not just the look of a human, but also the texture of skin, personality, smell, etc. That was just a short segment of the movie so I can't count it against it too much but it still bugged me. Also, why are there way more Decepticons than Autobots and why are the Decepticons always cool things like fighter jets while the Autobots are relegated to various Chevrolet cars and a semi? These things didn't hurt the movie at all it just seems unfair to me. Nonetheless, it was once again an awesome movie with fantastic action-sequences, witty dialogue, solid acting, and an interesting plot. Expand
  95. Jun 27, 2012
    Goog movie, memorable scenes, good cgi, and explosions, but felt like somenthing was missing, and too goofy i mean... devastator has balls? analphabet autobots? really Michael Bay? that really killed the epicness
  96. Jun 27, 2014
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen doesn't improve a thing on its predecessor if not even goes more down the hill. Never the less, you can not despise the fact that it is over the top fun, with visuals still a feast for your eyes!
  97. bretts
    Jun 27, 2009
    A good follow up to the first movie, Michael Bay doing what he does best - making exciting movies that are fun to watch.
  98. bob
    Jul 2, 2009
    In my opinion it was an epic summer block buster seems people dont listen to what robots say because the main compaint is why do they teleport. answer is they use space bridges. why dont all the other transformers have it? in the story line optimus said there planet was destroyed there for they lost the tech to do so WATCH THE CARTOON.
  99. DerekR
    Jul 3, 2009
    The critics are being too critical of a fun movie about robots! Come on let people sit back relax and enjoy a bad ass sci fi spectacle!
  100. AaronF
    Aug 1, 2009
    Absolutely stunning movie for my wife and myself! I myself was a fan of the original Transformers, though admittedly not as big as I could have been never fully watching or reading any of the series, and my wife was never into them or saw anything of them practically at all. We both agreed that the movie was good though. It was fast paced, which apparently must have lost most critics I Absolutely stunning movie for my wife and myself! I myself was a fan of the original Transformers, though admittedly not as big as I could have been never fully watching or reading any of the series, and my wife was never into them or saw anything of them practically at all. We both agreed that the movie was good though. It was fast paced, which apparently must have lost most critics I guess, because everyone seems to think their was no plot. We had no trouble with it though, and it made for such an entertaining movie, neither of us wanted to get up to use the bathroom. I thought there was a lot more Transformers action in this one, which was fun. I didn't have trouble distinguishing the bots like most critics seemed to, though admittedly it would have been a 10 in my book if they had simply gave them a little more time to get to know a couple characters in full like we do with the twins. It seemed to me that a lot was given to characterize robots. People also seem to complain about the twins being racist, but I didn't see it as racist until I heard critics arguing about it. I see plenty of kids acting like that, and believe me, it's not limited to Black, Hispanic, OR Caucasian people. It's just a dialect becoming very ambiguous between gangbanger types of all races, so why does it have to be racist? They're robots. They aren't any color but red and green. The notion that they're a black stereotype is only in the minds of the viewer, which is where the racism really lies. I also thought the treatment of the human-sided plot was interesting and playful. It's a shame most critics think so poorly of the fanservicey moment of Megan Fox's character at the beginning, though they seem to take that moment and blow it out of proportion. If you only read the critics (which I did before seeing it so expecting it to be very sexist) you would get a completely different idea of the character then what she was. The movie had a comic-book styled idea on sex appeal, with the sexual tension on the surface instead of what most movies fall to nowadays, simply having a full on sex scene right out of a porno. Great movie!! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Nick De Semlyen
    A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there's more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
  2. With its intelligence at the level of the simple-minded, however, the film is not likely to attract moviegoers who seek something more than a screen filled with kaleidoscopes of colored metal. Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Little seems new compared to the first installment, except that this version is longer, louder, and perhaps "more than your eye can meet" in one sitting.