5.5

1. Apr 29, 2015
    Now the first movie was great and it blew everyone away, so of course, we were excited for this one. We hoped that it would live up to the first one. Well, we were wrong. So, so, wrong. Admittedly, the first half of the movie is bad, but it was bearable. We got a few action sequences that were cool to watch. But everything goes downhill real fast after Optimus Prime dies. From there onNow the first movie was great and it blew everyone away, so of course, we were excited for this one. We hoped that it would live up to the first one. Well, we were wrong. So, so, wrong. Admittedly, the first half of the movie is bad, but it was bearable. We got a few action sequences that were cool to watch. But everything goes downhill real fast after Optimus Prime dies. From there on out, its straight up boring, and the finale is very disappointing. Tons of boring dialogue and filler. You just end up not caring and just want the movie to end. Now of course, I have to give props where props are deserved. The visual effects were cool, CGI was still amazing and everything looked real. But, Michael Bay went all out with his Bay-isms. Racism, hot actresses and extras that he is probably trying to pork, and of course, tons and tons of explosions. In the last movie, there weren't too many and they fit into the movie perfectly. In this one, he went overboard with all the explosions. No matter what happened, there was an explosion. Pencil falls, EXPLOSION! Someone falls down, EXPLOSION! This movie also had an incredibly long run time. This movie is boring and it sucks. Expand
  2. Apr 29, 2015
    If you thought that Revenge of the Fallen couldn't be worse than the first one, you were wrong! Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is the worst movie ever made, it's loud, noisy, retarded and tries to be The Dark Knight of Transformers movies and fails. Fight scenes are hard to understand and the humor is WAAAAAY more offensive than any movie you have seen. And the finale wasIf you thought that Revenge of the Fallen couldn't be worse than the first one, you were wrong! Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is the worst movie ever made, it's loud, noisy, retarded and tries to be The Dark Knight of Transformers movies and fails. Fight scenes are hard to understand and the humor is WAAAAAY more offensive than any movie you have seen. And the finale was underwhelming, especially for a Michael Bay film. If you plan on watching this monstrosity, do yourself a favor and just watch Pacific Rim or the first Transformers movie. Expand
  3. Apr 22, 2015
    The robots are all back: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Megan Fox.

The robots are all back: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Megan Fox.

Call me old fashioned, but I like a little side story and character to go along with my order of big, loud special effects. Apparently, I'm in the minority, though, because the original Transformers made more money than I'd see in 300 lifetimes. So kick back, dig into your jumbo faux butter-drenched popcorn, and slurp your gargantuan soda while experiencing the kind of supersized mayhem that only Michael Bay can deliver. It's a question of whether the cholesterol in the "butter" will harden your arteries before what's on the celluloid can cause brain death.

Going into detail about the plot will make me sound like I'm recapping the backstory for a children's coloring book, but here are the basics. It seems that, around 17,000 B.C. (early enough that it predates last year's Roland Emmerich prehistoric disaster), the Transformers came to Earth for the first time. There was some kind of big war and a giant weapon and the key to use it were hidden. Cut to today. There are more Decepticons (bad guys) headed for Earth, led by The Fallen (voice of Tony Todd). He has sent his minions ahead to resurrect Megatron (voice of Hugo Weaving) and kill Optimus Prime (voice of Peter Cullen). Once those things are accomplished, he can invade, get the key and the weapon, and destroy Earth's sun. Unfortunately, in his way stands a puny human named Sam (Shia LeBeouf) and his gorgeous android-like girlfriend, Mikaela (Megan Fox). Having accidentally taken home a shard of the Allspark doesn't dissuade Sam from attending the University of Pennsylvania, so that's where he is when Megatron's underlings find him. Much chaos ensues.

he "action" is relentless in its monotony. Robots pounding on robots. Humans launching rockets and missiles at robots. Robots wiping out troops of humans. Other robots destroying the great pyramids or climbing to the top of the Empire State Building and aping King Kong. There's some unpleasantness in Paris, as well. For a moment, I want to say the Eiffel Tower is destroyed, but that doesn't occur here; it's in the preview for G.I. Joe, which was shown just before Transformers 2. See how all these films run together? At any rate, this stuff goes on and on and on, far beyond what's necessary for a brain dead motion picture that has nothing to recommend it except its technical prowess. We certainly get the point before the 150-minute mark.

The target viewer for this movie is not noted for a long attention span. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will make a ton of money, Michael Bay will be lauded as the greatest director of our generation, and the accountants at Paramount will have their second collective orgasm in as many months. As for me, I will try desperately not to weep - not so much for what the success of a movie like this means to motion pictures but for the simple fact that I'm going to have to do this all over again in two or three years for Transformers 3.

God help me.
  4. Mar 11, 2015
    Remember 2008 when the biggest movie of the year was also one of the best? I miss 2008. This year, the biggest movie of the year is by far the worst. Transformers 2 features a shocking disregard for storytelling, characters that are, at best, abrasive, constant "humor" that makes me never want to laugh again and incomprehensible, tension less, and ultimately boring action.
  5. Mar 10, 2015
    It's hard to describe what all makes this film bad, so I'll just list a few things. The action sequences are horrendous. They look like exploding junkyards that you can hardly differentiate from one another having slap fights. The acting (with a few exceptions) is largely bland and occasionally just plain awful. Specifically, Megan Fox. She's hot, but she has no acting talent. TheIt's hard to describe what all makes this film bad, so I'll just list a few things. The action sequences are horrendous. They look like exploding junkyards that you can hardly differentiate from one another having slap fights. The acting (with a few exceptions) is largely bland and occasionally just plain awful. Specifically, Megan Fox. She's hot, but she has no acting talent. The humor is hardly chuckle-worthy at its best, and borderline offensive in its worst, often resorting to stereotypes to try and get laughs. The climax is wholly unsatisfying, with a complete Deus Ex Machina resurrection of TWO main characters, and a final fight that lasts less than two minutes. Not to mention Sam Witwicky often serves no other purpose than to run and scream for someone to save him. If I had to give some positives, it would be Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, and the impressive quality of the CGI. Other than that, this is a truly terrible film with very few redeeming values. Expand
  6. Feb 13, 2015
    I'm not sure how Bay managed to do so bad with the second installment, after managing to produce a surprisingly (for him) good first movie. 'Revenge of Fallen' doesn't just stagnate - it gets worse. The acting (again, with the exception of a brilliant John Turturro) was horrible, even worse than in the first installment, the action scenes overly multiplied in a way that they actuallyI'm not sure how Bay managed to do so bad with the second installment, after managing to produce a surprisingly (for him) good first movie. 'Revenge of Fallen' doesn't just stagnate - it gets worse. The acting (again, with the exception of a brilliant John Turturro) was horrible, even worse than in the first installment, the action scenes overly multiplied in a way that they actually become annoying and the plot was so full of holes that you could actually see through the screen (I mean, really - The Fallen is supposed to be this overly bad-ass bad guy and you give him practically one scene at the end where the revived Optimus kicks his ass in like... 7.3 seconds). The animation just didn't cut it this time and except for several comical moments and the aforementioned animation, this movie just doesn't offer anything.

Certainly something for the fans, but overall - not worth watching.
  7. Feb 4, 2015
    Es increíble como la primera película es una excelente adaptación, si hubieran respetado el mismo estilo que la primera parte, no hubieran caído tan bajo, repleta de chistes malos, trama aburrida y lo unico que recuerdo es como un robot se follaba la pierna de Megan Fox
  8. Jan 26, 2015
    I think this time Michael Bay overdo with the explosions and slow motions "Yea man we all know that you love explosions and slow motions also the volume up but that's just to much" and in the background of the crappy plot it was just exhausting to watch .And the actors contributed alot to this failure Megan Fox play was so boring and unprofessional that she pass this mood in too the filmI think this time Michael Bay overdo with the explosions and slow motions "Yea man we all know that you love explosions and slow motions also the volume up but that's just to much" and in the background of the crappy plot it was just exhausting to watch .And the actors contributed alot to this failure Megan Fox play was so boring and unprofessional that she pass this mood in too the film .It's not only she i think everyone were so lazy this time they even use scenes that were in the first part scenes that were in the beginning of the movie they just didn't put any effort. And the biggest fail was the plot the hole movie was just no sense there are a war between humanity and aliens and they focus out attention to teenage problems and when we have to get in to the movie they messed up the hole story .And in the end you stay and watch 2 hours movie with explosions , fights and no plot and story .Total FAIL. Expand
  9. Dec 20, 2014
    This movie has several flaws, mainly the acting. pacing and unfunny humour. However, the action and special effects are top-notch, with loads of thrilling, explosive battle scenes. If you look past the bad stuff, there's just enough good stuff to make it worth a look. Big, dumb fun for action fans.
  10. Dec 19, 2014
    Il secondo capitolo è sicuramente superiore al primo capitolo,con più umani,più autobot,più decepticon e con una trama molto più articolata,lunga ed accattivante.
  11. Dec 19, 2014
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a giant step down from the first Transformers. It has bad and sometimes overly inappropriate humor, racism, and a weak story. At least the CGI was as awesome if not better than the first's. 4/10 (below average)
  12. Nov 22, 2014
    The first Transformers was really a Entertaining blockbuster for fans of transformers franchise. this sequel had 100x stereotypes then the first transformers, I did like after all but Megan Fox can not act in a Micheal bay film ( she has many other talents then acting as a Bay girl), Literally she can not act a dime in this franchise. the first Transformers was an A- or B performance, IThe first Transformers was really a Entertaining blockbuster for fans of transformers franchise. this sequel had 100x stereotypes then the first transformers, I did like after all but Megan Fox can not act in a Micheal bay film ( she has many other talents then acting as a Bay girl), Literally she can not act a dime in this franchise. the first Transformers was an A- or B performance, I hate this humor it's not funny or clever while LeBeouf goes to college, I do love Peter cullen as always also bumble bee. The Cast is a disaster !!!!!!!!! it is for real. I love loud music Bay's explosions sequence seriously i do the humor ruin this first sequel to " Transformers". Grade C ( i love the Transformers cast also Micheal Bay it's just Kreuger had messed up the script for example Scream 3). Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2014
    I would say that this is probably the worst blockbuster have ever seen. This is not just because the plot is awful, the action dull and it is horribly overlong. But the real problem this film has is the crippling misogyny and racism throughout. Making a stupid film about robots is one thing, but this goes so much worse. we do not need a slow pan up of Megan Fox leaning over a bike, thisI would say that this is probably the worst blockbuster have ever seen. This is not just because the plot is awful, the action dull and it is horribly overlong. But the real problem this film has is the crippling misogyny and racism throughout. Making a stupid film about robots is one thing, but this goes so much worse. we do not need a slow pan up of Megan Fox leaning over a bike, this is a film about a toy for 8 year olds for Christ's sake. Expand
  14. Oct 18, 2014
    Sam Witwicky once again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, as the Decepticons try to resurrect Megatron from the depth of the sea to take out the Autobots.
  15. Sep 20, 2014
    A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen got an awesome plot, great CGI and more adventure than the previous movie, and with great music. There's a much more entertaining story, and the action is awesome. But just as the first move, it suffers with slow and boring scenes and to much of the same stuff that we already have seen.
    A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

Better and in every way than the first movie.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen gets a 6.8/10
  16. Aug 25, 2014
    After a very long yet entertaining 2,5 hours... I must say that perhaps "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" suffocated in its own massiveness. Perhaps my mistake was to watch "Transformers" the night before this one, and expect a perfect continuation. Because yes, there were a lot of expectations. That helps me to be critical about this piece - which isn't necessarily a good thing.After a very long yet entertaining 2,5 hours... I must say that perhaps "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" suffocated in its own massiveness. Perhaps my mistake was to watch "Transformers" the night before this one, and expect a perfect continuation. Because yes, there were a lot of expectations. That helps me to be critical about this piece - which isn't necessarily a good thing.

This movie isn't bad at any rate. It is fun, enjoyable, full of action, and if you liked "Transformers", you will like this one as well. There is some awesome comedy in this sequel, just like there was in the previous movie, but at the same time they went too far with it from time to time, ruining the tempo of the scenes and making some characters into total clowns.

There was also a lot missing, one being a cohesive skeleton for the whole movie: there was action, and action is usually good with films like these, but when it's giant robots fighting, it gets messy real fast and even more confusing it would othewise be. Add to that some serious lacking in the introduction of new characters, and we're totlaly at a loss of who is who and fighting on what side.

There were simply too many moving parts, too much exploding and breaking on the screen. And if you watch that for 2,5 hours, it does get a little boring. The characters were okay, as before, although there was zero heat between Sam and his girlfriend. Their "romance" was a total waste of precious screen time. As mentioned above, there was very little or no character introduction, so perhaps watching "Transformers" right before this one would be a good idea after all.

The main problem with character interaction was probably the fact that there was no real spirit in the acting altogether, and there were several characters that were pointless - like Sam's roomie Leo, who was there merely for some occasional comical relief. Another one of those were the Twins from Autobots.

Autobots and Decepticons both got reinforcements for this one. In the end there were probably too many of them because after the promising beginning, all of them just got lost in the big mass of destruction and explosions. They became just as faceless as every other extra in the movie.

The plot is decent, but it drowns in the sea of action too often. It also gets a little thin, spread so wide across the whole movie, and I'm sad to say this, but in the end it starts to feel a little stale. There were also little scenes every now and then, probably aiming to keep the timeline straight, but that just ate away from the already disastrous pace, tugging the actual scene into three different directions at once.

There are also clichés all over the movie. Most of them come and go, but some are rather annoying. Especially Prime's speech at the end of the movie - didn't convince me too well last time, either.

Altogether, if you like action and blowing things up, and don't mind robots, this is for you.
  17. Aug 9, 2014
    It's noisy, effects driven action is both obnoxious and plain stupid. "Revenge of the Fallen" has moments where it can be funny, but the laughs are very few and far between. The movie supports no plot whatsoever, and its protagonist, Sam Witwicky, played by Shia Lebeouf, is thoroughly unbelievable, and is not helped by Lebeouf's lackluster acting.
  18. Jul 24, 2014
    again great CGI but the script is so poorly written (even more so than the first) that its basically just a bunch of robots blowing each other up the acting is not great at all this movie is not very good at all.

my ratting 4.5/10 7 for action 1 for story 6.5 for comedy 5.5 for acting 1 for character development
  19. Jun 27, 2014
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen doesn't improve a thing on its predecessor if not even goes more down the hill. Never the less, you can not despise the fact that it is over the top fun, with visuals still a feast for your eyes!
  20. Jun 27, 2014
    Sam Witwicky once again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, the Decepticons. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" lacks the mind-blowing blockbuster spirit "Transformers" originally had.
  21. Jun 24, 2014
    It's really hard to talk about this movie. This is easily one of those movies that everyone loves to **** about so by this point I feel like there's nothing else to say even though I actually like it. There are a lot of great ideas here, like the introduction of the first Decepticon and the universe building is some of the best I've ever seen. But for everything great about this movieIt's really hard to talk about this movie. This is easily one of those movies that everyone loves to **** about so by this point I feel like there's nothing else to say even though I actually like it. There are a lot of great ideas here, like the introduction of the first Decepticon and the universe building is some of the best I've ever seen. But for everything great about this movie there's something that holds it down such as the racist humor, or annoying characters. Also, I'll discuss this more in my Dark of The Moon review but it feels like the creators of these movies REALLY hated Megatron. Still, if you want a movie that'll thoroughly entertain you every step of the way, then look no further. Expand
  22. Jun 1, 2014
    This movie doesn't exist to tell you a good story, it doesn't exist to give you entertainment. It only exists for EXPLOSIONS, LOT OF EXPLOSIONS, UNSTOPPABLE ACTION, SPECIAL EFFECTS EXTRAVAGANZA and it lacks humanity. Weak story, weak characters, weak dialogue, weak comedy: Weak Film.
  23. May 31, 2014
    There are moments in this film where it is somewhat better than the last film in regards to better filming of action scenes and more Transformers but that is quickly lost. The stuff I didn’t like from the last film such as focusing on the uninteresting human characters and the dumb/annoying characters and the dumb humor. What makes this film even worse than its predecessors is there areThere are moments in this film where it is somewhat better than the last film in regards to better filming of action scenes and more Transformers but that is quickly lost. The stuff I didn’t like from the last film such as focusing on the uninteresting human characters and the dumb/annoying characters and the dumb humor. What makes this film even worse than its predecessors is there are even more dumb and goofy moments than the last film with some new annoying Transformers and human characters. Also, the film spends a good chunk of it focusing on the interesting human characters. Finally, the climax well shot better is long and boring. If you like mindless entertainment see it but if you weren’t big on the last one sit this one out. Expand
  24. May 16, 2014
    Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen is in my opinion, the most underrated movie of all time. In a movie like this one, you don't want to see a very good story and good character development, you come to see action. The action is awsome. The transformers characters are great (defiantly Optimus Prime and Megatron) and overall i love it. Hate me if you wish, but you know inside yourself thatTransformers Revenge Of The Fallen is in my opinion, the most underrated movie of all time. In a movie like this one, you don't want to see a very good story and good character development, you come to see action. The action is awsome. The transformers characters are great (defiantly Optimus Prime and Megatron) and overall i love it. Hate me if you wish, but you know inside yourself that you love it too. Expand
  25. Apr 23, 2014
    Revenge of the Fallen is a more loosely-plotted, slightly racist, more muddled sequel that is barely entertaining enough for us to forgive its many flaws.
  26. Apr 6, 2014
    Given the fact that I saw this film 5 years ago: I was surprised as to how I actually remembered it. When I saw it the other night however: I wished I didn't. Everyone had already identified all the problems with this film, the fact that Michael Bay admitted that an aspect of his film was "crap" practically tells the whole story. It's two redeeming qualities being the brutal andGiven the fact that I saw this film 5 years ago: I was surprised as to how I actually remembered it. When I saw it the other night however: I wished I didn't. Everyone had already identified all the problems with this film, the fact that Michael Bay admitted that an aspect of his film was "crap" practically tells the whole story. It's two redeeming qualities being the brutal and entertaining action sequences, with good voice acting are not even close to plunging this film out of a pit of unlikeable and underdeveloped characters, crude and sometimes grotesque humour, clunky and forced story lines, noisy and uncomfortable sequences thrown in unnecessarily, and a lethargic pacing that ultimately results in a tedious slog of a film; and it's not often I feel that way when watching blockbuster entertainment. Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2014
    It's arguably one of the stupidest films I've ever seen in my life, but it's a film where you just seriously have to shut your mind off and know you're watching pure garbage. The acting from the humans horrible, the humor beyond horrible, but I know for a fact Bay had to have known he wasn't making Citizen Kane, and I can tell that the people making this probably had a lot of fun workingIt's arguably one of the stupidest films I've ever seen in my life, but it's a film where you just seriously have to shut your mind off and know you're watching pure garbage. The acting from the humans horrible, the humor beyond horrible, but I know for a fact Bay had to have known he wasn't making Citizen Kane, and I can tell that the people making this probably had a lot of fun working on it.

Even still the performances for the Transformers are still fantastic, Cullen is still fantastic as Optimus as is Weaving as Megatron, and the inclusion of Tony Todd as the Fallen did chillingly well. And yes Reno and Tom were a little annoying as those two twins, but as everyone says "It's all Bay's fault for doing that" which is not true. Reno Wilson specifically asked to do make the characters like that and he even improvised some of his own dialogue as did Tom so you can't blame Bay for that characterization when it was the actors decision to do so. And the CG and action is still fantastic as always in these movies, especially the final bout between Optimus, Megatron, and the Fallen.

And yes the humor can be a massive turnoff, hell it was to me at first too, but I have since seen it again since I first saw it and I realized that the movie was meant to be stupid like this, it was the whole idea, and for that I say, it's a load of garbage, but by god if it isn't extremely entertaining garbage.
  28. Nov 2, 2013
    Disappointing. That's all I can say. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a stupid way to make a sequel to the thoughtful and entertaining original. Michael Bay just wears us out completely with a crude, noisy and under-plotted sequel.
  29. Aug 30, 2013
    There is just no way to defend or salvage the massive and overblown mess that is Revenge of the Fallen, the sequel to the equally big but not equally bad Transformers film in 2007. Clocking in at two and a half hours, this is a drag and then some, with an uneven and completely exhausting plot that twists and turns into senseless action, it becomes quite difficult to follow and, well,There is just no way to defend or salvage the massive and overblown mess that is Revenge of the Fallen, the sequel to the equally big but not equally bad Transformers film in 2007. Clocking in at two and a half hours, this is a drag and then some, with an uneven and completely exhausting plot that twists and turns into senseless action, it becomes quite difficult to follow and, well, unnecessary. To many devices, turning points and pointless additions make up this bloated sequel, where we find Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) now heading to college, but being dragged back into the fight of the Transformers. The Decepticons, or the bad guys, have found a new energy source, and it's location lies within the mind of Sam, and that's really the plot that drags out for an obscenely long time, and the humour and mediocre storytelling, it goes one way by the Decepticons reveal themselves the world and how they will no longer hide, but yet their epic showdown happens in the desert, away from the.. erm.. public eye. These ongoing problems persist throughout the film, as the script seems to contradict itself at many turns, switching locations and using cut-off scenes at what are perceived to be pivotal moments such as the resurrection of Megatron, but lets cut to Sam's parents trying out snails in Paris. The inconsistencies simply don't diminish, whether its these symbols that are the driving point of the film, why exactly where these missing from the first film, with only subtle hints that never amounted to anything. The humour can be the saving grace of the film, but low and behold we have teo particularly stereotyped Autobots who are now part of of Optimus Prime's team of earth dwellers who are reminiscent of the gang culture persona of African-Americans, racist and desperate are words that spring to mind. We also have new lady autobots who I'm sure have around five words to say in the entire film, its been made big, but just too big to point where there are mistakes and forgetfulness.
    LaBeouf continues to bicker his way through his lead role, perhaps trying to encapsulate a character with an attention disorder. There is very little do to for the rest of the cast, some having petty one-liners while others are kicked to the dirt entirely. The special effects are again a truly amazing to watch, but a compromise needs to be drawn somewhere, and there is none in this film, its loud and utilises slow-motion so we can watch Sam and Michaela (Megan Fox) run away several times, and leap from buildings onto piles of rubble without any sort of injury.
    There is no consistency, motive, relatable actions or fluid plot points to admire this film, instead we are left with a loud and over-arching catastrophe. Michael Bay should have listened to the dialogue that John Turturro delivers on the film, "beginning, middle, end, plot, condense If only.
  30. Aug 3, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. A ghastly disastrous film in which you look at the screen but can't process any of the inconceivable storyline, if there even was supposed to be one. Insulting. Big stupid robots.

1. Reviewed by: Nick De Semlyen
    A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there's more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
  2. With its intelligence at the level of the simple-minded, however, the film is not likely to attract moviegoers who seek something more than a screen filled with kaleidoscopes of colored metal. Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Little seems new compared to the first installment, except that this version is longer, louder, and perhaps "more than your eye can meet" in one sitting.