5.5

1. Dec 20, 2014
    This movie has several flaws, mainly the acting. pacing and unfunny humour. However, the action and special effects are top-notch, with loads of thrilling, explosive battle scenes. If you look past the bad stuff, there's just enough good stuff to make it worth a look. Big, dumb fun for action fans.
  2. Dec 19, 2014
    Il secondo capitolo è sicuramente superiore al primo capitolo,con più umani,più autobot,più decepticon e con una trama molto più articolata,lunga ed accattivante.
  3. Dec 19, 2014
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a giant step down from the first Transformers. It has bad and sometimes overly inappropriate humor, racism, and a weak story. At least the CGI was as awesome if not better than the first's. 4/10 (below average)
  4. Dec 7, 2014
    Ugh. Fairly bad compared to its predecessor, and the action looks like exploding junkyards playing grab-ass. The humor was hardly chuckle-worthy in its best moments, and offensive in its worst. The plot has more holes in it than swiss cheese, and Megan Fox actually delivered a WORSE performance in here than she did in the first. If you are above the age of 12, then you need not apply
  5. Nov 22, 2014
    The first Transformers was really a Entertaining blockbuster for fans of transformers franchise. this sequel had 100x stereotypes then the first transformers, I did like after all but Megan Fox can not act in a Micheal bay film ( she has many other talents then acting as a Bay girl), Literally she can not act a dime in this franchise. the first Transformers was an A- or B performance, IThe first Transformers was really a Entertaining blockbuster for fans of transformers franchise. this sequel had 100x stereotypes then the first transformers, I did like after all but Megan Fox can not act in a Micheal bay film ( she has many other talents then acting as a Bay girl), Literally she can not act a dime in this franchise. the first Transformers was an A- or B performance, I hate this humor it's not funny or clever while LeBeouf goes to college, I do love Peter cullen as always also bumble bee. The Cast is a disaster !!!!!!!!! it is for real. I love loud music Bay's explosions sequence seriously i do the humor ruin this first sequel to " Transformers". Grade C ( i love the Transformers cast also Micheal Bay it's just Kreuger had messed up the script for example Scream 3). Expand
  6. Nov 9, 2014
    I would say that this is probably the worst blockbuster have ever seen. This is not just because the plot is awful, the action dull and it is horribly overlong. But the real problem this film has is the crippling misogyny and racism throughout. Making a stupid film about robots is one thing, but this goes so much worse. we do not need a slow pan up of Megan Fox leaning over a bike, thisI would say that this is probably the worst blockbuster have ever seen. This is not just because the plot is awful, the action dull and it is horribly overlong. But the real problem this film has is the crippling misogyny and racism throughout. Making a stupid film about robots is one thing, but this goes so much worse. we do not need a slow pan up of Megan Fox leaning over a bike, this is a film about a toy for 8 year olds for Christ's sake. Expand
  7. Oct 18, 2014
    Sam Witwicky once again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, as the Decepticons try to resurrect Megatron from the depth of the sea to take out the Autobots.
  8. Sep 20, 2014
    A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen got an awesome plot, great CGI and more adventure than the previous movie, and with great music. There's a much more entertaining story, and the action is awesome. But just as the first move, it suffers with slow and boring scenes and to much of the same stuff that we already have seen.
    A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

Better and in every way than the first movie.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen gets a 6.8/10
  9. Aug 25, 2014
    After a very long yet entertaining 2,5 hours... I must say that perhaps "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" suffocated in its own massiveness. Perhaps my mistake was to watch "Transformers" the night before this one, and expect a perfect continuation. Because yes, there were a lot of expectations. That helps me to be critical about this piece - which isn't necessarily a good thing.After a very long yet entertaining 2,5 hours... I must say that perhaps "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" suffocated in its own massiveness. Perhaps my mistake was to watch "Transformers" the night before this one, and expect a perfect continuation. Because yes, there were a lot of expectations. That helps me to be critical about this piece - which isn't necessarily a good thing.

This movie isn't bad at any rate. It is fun, enjoyable, full of action, and if you liked "Transformers", you will like this one as well. There is some awesome comedy in this sequel, just like there was in the previous movie, but at the same time they went too far with it from time to time, ruining the tempo of the scenes and making some characters into total clowns.

There was also a lot missing, one being a cohesive skeleton for the whole movie: there was action, and action is usually good with films like these, but when it's giant robots fighting, it gets messy real fast and even more confusing it would othewise be. Add to that some serious lacking in the introduction of new characters, and we're totlaly at a loss of who is who and fighting on what side.

There were simply too many moving parts, too much exploding and breaking on the screen. And if you watch that for 2,5 hours, it does get a little boring. The characters were okay, as before, although there was zero heat between Sam and his girlfriend. Their "romance" was a total waste of precious screen time. As mentioned above, there was very little or no character introduction, so perhaps watching "Transformers" right before this one would be a good idea after all.

The main problem with character interaction was probably the fact that there was no real spirit in the acting altogether, and there were several characters that were pointless - like Sam's roomie Leo, who was there merely for some occasional comical relief. Another one of those were the Twins from Autobots.

Autobots and Decepticons both got reinforcements for this one. In the end there were probably too many of them because after the promising beginning, all of them just got lost in the big mass of destruction and explosions. They became just as faceless as every other extra in the movie.

The plot is decent, but it drowns in the sea of action too often. It also gets a little thin, spread so wide across the whole movie, and I'm sad to say this, but in the end it starts to feel a little stale. There were also little scenes every now and then, probably aiming to keep the timeline straight, but that just ate away from the already disastrous pace, tugging the actual scene into three different directions at once.

There are also clichés all over the movie. Most of them come and go, but some are rather annoying. Especially Prime's speech at the end of the movie - didn't convince me too well last time, either.

Altogether, if you like action and blowing things up, and don't mind robots, this is for you.
  10. Aug 9, 2014
    It's noisy, effects driven action is both obnoxious and plain stupid. "Revenge of the Fallen" has moments where it can be funny, but the laughs are very few and far between. The movie supports no plot whatsoever, and its protagonist, Sam Witwicky, played by Shia Lebeouf, is thoroughly unbelievable, and is not helped by Lebeouf's lackluster acting.
  11. Jul 24, 2014
    again great CGI but the script is so poorly written (even more so than the first) that its basically just a bunch of robots blowing each other up the acting is not great at all this movie is not very good at all.

my ratting 4.5/10 7 for action 1 for story 6.5 for comedy 5.5 for acting 1 for character development
  12. Jun 27, 2014
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen doesn't improve a thing on its predecessor if not even goes more down the hill. Never the less, you can not despise the fact that it is over the top fun, with visuals still a feast for your eyes!
  13. Jun 27, 2014
    Sam Witwicky once again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, the Decepticons. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" lacks the mind-blowing blockbuster spirit "Transformers" originally had.
  14. Jun 24, 2014
    It's really hard to talk about this movie. This is easily one of those movies that everyone loves to **** about so by this point I feel like there's nothing else to say even though I actually like it. There are a lot of great ideas here, like the introduction of the first Decepticon and the universe building is some of the best I've ever seen. But for everything great about this movieIt's really hard to talk about this movie. This is easily one of those movies that everyone loves to **** about so by this point I feel like there's nothing else to say even though I actually like it. There are a lot of great ideas here, like the introduction of the first Decepticon and the universe building is some of the best I've ever seen. But for everything great about this movie there's something that holds it down such as the racist humor, or annoying characters. Also, I'll discuss this more in my Dark of The Moon review but it feels like the creators of these movies REALLY hated Megatron. Still, if you want a movie that'll thoroughly entertain you every step of the way, then look no further. Expand
  15. Jun 1, 2014
    This movie doesn't exist to tell you a good story, it doesn't exist to give you entertainment. It only exists for EXPLOSIONS, LOT OF EXPLOSIONS, UNSTOPPABLE ACTION, SPECIAL EFFECTS EXTRAVAGANZA and it lacks humanity. Weak story, weak characters, weak dialogue, weak comedy: Weak Film.
  16. May 31, 2014
    There are moments in this film where it is somewhat better than the last film in regards to better filming of action scenes and more Transformers but that is quickly lost. The stuff I didn’t like from the last film such as focusing on the uninteresting human characters and the dumb/annoying characters and the dumb humor. What makes this film even worse than its predecessors is there areThere are moments in this film where it is somewhat better than the last film in regards to better filming of action scenes and more Transformers but that is quickly lost. The stuff I didn’t like from the last film such as focusing on the uninteresting human characters and the dumb/annoying characters and the dumb humor. What makes this film even worse than its predecessors is there are even more dumb and goofy moments than the last film with some new annoying Transformers and human characters. Also, the film spends a good chunk of it focusing on the interesting human characters. Finally, the climax well shot better is long and boring. If you like mindless entertainment see it but if you weren’t big on the last one sit this one out. Expand
  17. May 16, 2014
    Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen is in my opinion, the most underrated movie of all time. In a movie like this one, you don't want to see a very good story and good character development, you come to see action. The action is awsome. The transformers characters are great (defiantly Optimus Prime and Megatron) and overall i love it. Hate me if you wish, but you know inside yourself thatTransformers Revenge Of The Fallen is in my opinion, the most underrated movie of all time. In a movie like this one, you don't want to see a very good story and good character development, you come to see action. The action is awsome. The transformers characters are great (defiantly Optimus Prime and Megatron) and overall i love it. Hate me if you wish, but you know inside yourself that you love it too. Expand
  18. Apr 23, 2014
    Revenge of the Fallen is a more loosely-plotted, slightly racist, more muddled sequel that is barely entertaining enough for us to forgive its many flaws.
  19. Apr 6, 2014
    Given the fact that I saw this film 5 years ago: I was surprised as to how I actually remembered it. When I saw it the other night however: I wished I didn't. Everyone had already identified all the problems with this film, the fact that Michael Bay admitted that an aspect of his film was "crap" practically tells the whole story. It's two redeeming qualities being the brutal andGiven the fact that I saw this film 5 years ago: I was surprised as to how I actually remembered it. When I saw it the other night however: I wished I didn't. Everyone had already identified all the problems with this film, the fact that Michael Bay admitted that an aspect of his film was "crap" practically tells the whole story. It's two redeeming qualities being the brutal and entertaining action sequences, with good voice acting are not even close to plunging this film out of a pit of unlikeable and underdeveloped characters, crude and sometimes grotesque humour, clunky and forced story lines, noisy and uncomfortable sequences thrown in unnecessarily, and a lethargic pacing that ultimately results in a tedious slog of a film; and it's not often I feel that way when watching blockbuster entertainment. Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2014
    It's arguably one of the stupidest films I've ever seen in my life, but it's a film where you just seriously have to shut your mind off and know you're watching pure garbage. The acting from the humans horrible, the humor beyond horrible, but I know for a fact Bay had to have known he wasn't making Citizen Kane, and I can tell that the people making this probably had a lot of fun workingIt's arguably one of the stupidest films I've ever seen in my life, but it's a film where you just seriously have to shut your mind off and know you're watching pure garbage. The acting from the humans horrible, the humor beyond horrible, but I know for a fact Bay had to have known he wasn't making Citizen Kane, and I can tell that the people making this probably had a lot of fun working on it.

Even still the performances for the Transformers are still fantastic, Cullen is still fantastic as Optimus as is Weaving as Megatron, and the inclusion of Tony Todd as the Fallen did chillingly well. And yes Reno and Tom were a little annoying as those two twins, but as everyone says "It's all Bay's fault for doing that" which is not true. Reno Wilson specifically asked to do make the characters like that and he even improvised some of his own dialogue as did Tom so you can't blame Bay for that characterization when it was the actors decision to do so. And the CG and action is still fantastic as always in these movies, especially the final bout between Optimus, Megatron, and the Fallen.

And yes the humor can be a massive turnoff, hell it was to me at first too, but I have since seen it again since I first saw it and I realized that the movie was meant to be stupid like this, it was the whole idea, and for that I say, it's a load of garbage, but by god if it isn't extremely entertaining garbage.
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    Disappointing. That's all I can say. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a stupid way to make a sequel to the thoughtful and entertaining original. Michael Bay just wears us out completely with a crude, noisy and under-plotted sequel.
  22. Aug 30, 2013
    There is just no way to defend or salvage the massive and overblown mess that is Revenge of the Fallen, the sequel to the equally big but not equally bad Transformers film in 2007. Clocking in at two and a half hours, this is a drag and then some, with an uneven and completely exhausting plot that twists and turns into senseless action, it becomes quite difficult to follow and, well,There is just no way to defend or salvage the massive and overblown mess that is Revenge of the Fallen, the sequel to the equally big but not equally bad Transformers film in 2007. Clocking in at two and a half hours, this is a drag and then some, with an uneven and completely exhausting plot that twists and turns into senseless action, it becomes quite difficult to follow and, well, unnecessary. To many devices, turning points and pointless additions make up this bloated sequel, where we find Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) now heading to college, but being dragged back into the fight of the Transformers. The Decepticons, or the bad guys, have found a new energy source, and it's location lies within the mind of Sam, and that's really the plot that drags out for an obscenely long time, and the humour and mediocre storytelling, it goes one way by the Decepticons reveal themselves the world and how they will no longer hide, but yet their epic showdown happens in the desert, away from the.. erm.. public eye. These ongoing problems persist throughout the film, as the script seems to contradict itself at many turns, switching locations and using cut-off scenes at what are perceived to be pivotal moments such as the resurrection of Megatron, but lets cut to Sam's parents trying out snails in Paris. The inconsistencies simply don't diminish, whether its these symbols that are the driving point of the film, why exactly where these missing from the first film, with only subtle hints that never amounted to anything. The humour can be the saving grace of the film, but low and behold we have teo particularly stereotyped Autobots who are now part of of Optimus Prime's team of earth dwellers who are reminiscent of the gang culture persona of African-Americans, racist and desperate are words that spring to mind. We also have new lady autobots who I'm sure have around five words to say in the entire film, its been made big, but just too big to point where there are mistakes and forgetfulness.
    LaBeouf continues to bicker his way through his lead role, perhaps trying to encapsulate a character with an attention disorder. There is very little do to for the rest of the cast, some having petty one-liners while others are kicked to the dirt entirely. The special effects are again a truly amazing to watch, but a compromise needs to be drawn somewhere, and there is none in this film, its loud and utilises slow-motion so we can watch Sam and Michaela (Megan Fox) run away several times, and leap from buildings onto piles of rubble without any sort of injury.
    There is no consistency, motive, relatable actions or fluid plot points to admire this film, instead we are left with a loud and over-arching catastrophe. Michael Bay should have listened to the dialogue that John Turturro delivers on the film, "beginning, middle, end, plot, condense If only.
  23. Aug 3, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. A ghastly disastrous film in which you look at the screen but can't process any of the inconceivable storyline, if there even was supposed to be one. Insulting. Big stupid robots.
  24. Jul 24, 2013
    A disappointing sequel to Transformers, with terrible a humour and an unconvincing plot. The action was definitely a positive to a weak movie and easily the worst one in the trilogy.
  25. Jul 8, 2013
    This is an embarrassing script for all Transformer fans. The film looks good with its big budget, but by the end of this film you just don't care about anything.
  26. Jul 3, 2013
    Revenge of the Fallen is beyond stupid with some of the dumbest characters ever put on screen. Acting was pitiful. Story complete garbage, if there was even one, coupled with racism everywhere in the film. Nothing could be worst for Michael bay who has just added another terrible movie to his resume.
  27. Jun 2, 2013
    Very, very, very poor storytelling, and directing. I liked the first transformers movie, but this one is stupid, full of dirty jokes, and puts explosions 10 miles ahead of screenplay on its priority list. It's sort of passable for a t.v. viewing, and has one or two decent action scenes, but that's not enough to make a good movie, not even close. Try watching this in the movie theatreVery, very, very poor storytelling, and directing. I liked the first transformers movie, but this one is stupid, full of dirty jokes, and puts explosions 10 miles ahead of screenplay on its priority list. It's sort of passable for a t.v. viewing, and has one or two decent action scenes, but that's not enough to make a good movie, not even close. Try watching this in the movie theatre for more than 2 hours while you have to pee, and are consistently having your expectations shot down. Expand
  28. May 24, 2013
    Having enjoyed the first movie I was really looking forward to this follow up. There can be few sequels however in the history of film making that have been such a huge disappointment. It is difficult to know where to start when explaining what is wrong with this movie so I we simply list my biggest complaints.
    1. Why is nearly every transformer there for some sort of (badly judged) comic
    1. Why is nearly every transformer there for some sort of (badly judged) comic relief? I simply did not find the humour in any of them, particular the borderline racist duo.
    2. Why is it so difficult to tell what is going on during the fight scenes? Sometimes it was difficult to tell who was who and there is nothing to rival the highway scene of the first movie.
    3. With so many stories to choose from the comics and cartoon series why is the plot so dull?
    4. Whats with all the slo-mo shots of Megan Fox? We know shes attractive you don't need to constantly remind us.
    5. Why make a movie last nearly two and a half hours and then fill it with scenes as pointless and unfunny as the one where Sams mum accidently gets high on pot?
  29. May 12, 2013
    I'm a Transformers fan and I'm upset with what Michael Bay for what he has reduced my childhood into. There, that is practically what the next minute or two will be about. I watched this around the time it was available on Netflix, I watched it several times because it looked cool and I liked the music. Watching it now I realize that this is actually a horrible film, with sexist, andI'm a Transformers fan and I'm upset with what Michael Bay for what he has reduced my childhood into. There, that is practically what the next minute or two will be about. I watched this around the time it was available on Netflix, I watched it several times because it looked cool and I liked the music. Watching it now I realize that this is actually a horrible film, with sexist, and racist characters. I know for one that racism is a big deal and that now a days it's a popular form of comedy. A lot of T.V shows do this, shows like South park and Family guy do it all the time, but South park gets away with it because it gives social commentary about what's going on. This film however only gives us fascinating visuals and robots made out of cardboard. That's the major problem a lot of people had with the film, some actually don't care and just roll with it, and that doesn't mean that they're racist or anything. I guess that and some bad directing is what most skepticts focus on, and praising the visuals like everyone does, and who can help it; like what Michael Bay would want people to say after seeing one of his films: this looks awesome. The one thing I enjoy in this film is probably what a lot of people enjoyed as well: the scene where Devastator forms. This is the pinnacle of the special effects, and it's great to see one of the most profitable Transformer toys back in the day have testicles. I don't think I can say much more about this crap that no one else has already said, so I leave saying this: I don't like this movie. Expand
  30. May 6, 2013
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is without a doubt one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Literally all it is, is Transformers and Decepticons fighting each other in hand to hand combat for 150 minutes straight. No breaks. It might sound entertaining to some people but for me it was just stupid, boring, and repetitive.

1. Reviewed by: Nick De Semlyen
    A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there's more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
  2. With its intelligence at the level of the simple-minded, however, the film is not likely to attract moviegoers who seek something more than a screen filled with kaleidoscopes of colored metal. Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Little seems new compared to the first installment, except that this version is longer, louder, and perhaps "more than your eye can meet" in one sitting.