5.5

1. Mar 5, 2011
    The original Transformers was a flawed movie, sure, but it was very fun with a decent script to make Transformers fit into the modern age of Blockbusters. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, however, is a mix of computer generated effects, pots and pans clashing together, and vomit. The movie is a mess, from a horrible script, to annoying characters, to mindless explosions and action.The original Transformers was a flawed movie, sure, but it was very fun with a decent script to make Transformers fit into the modern age of Blockbusters. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, however, is a mix of computer generated effects, pots and pans clashing together, and vomit. The movie is a mess, from a horrible script, to annoying characters, to mindless explosions and action. Revenge of the Fallen took what worked in the first movie, made those aspects not work as well, and for the aspects that didn't work, made them a thousand times worse! Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2010
    The other day I thought about watching this movie again and got a sour taste in my mouth that I had to wash away with garlic fries and soda. The sad part is that I've known people to pay and watch this movie at least 4 times IN THEATER.
  3. Sep 21, 2010
    Why is it that all these 2 1/2 hour long Michael Bay films feel like they're 4 or 5 hours long? It never ends with the and badly edited action scenes full of clunky-CGI , and the terrible humor, the incomprehensible plot, and the shallow characters both human and robot that I could never care much about. It goes on and on and on, and was overstaying it's welcome for me at about the hourWhy is it that all these 2 1/2 hour long Michael Bay films feel like they're 4 or 5 hours long? It never ends with the and badly edited action scenes full of clunky-CGI , and the terrible humor, the incomprehensible plot, and the shallow characters both human and robot that I could never care much about. It goes on and on and on, and was overstaying it's welcome for me at about the hour mark. There are few amusing moments, some sparks of a decent special effects scene, but for the most part it's just a bunch mindless dribble that serves no purpose I can think of, not even on the basic level of entertainment for anyone above the age of 14 or so. Expand
  4. Aug 25, 2011
    Frankly, how bad could it be? Critics rip it to shreds, calling dumb, loud, and stupid, but it's a movie about giant robots smashing each other, so what did you expect? I expect Michael Bay to acknowledge that humans traditionally have brains. That's the problem with Transformers 2. You can complain all you want about the racist robots, the lame dialogue, the annoying human characters, andFrankly, how bad could it be? Critics rip it to shreds, calling dumb, loud, and stupid, but it's a movie about giant robots smashing each other, so what did you expect? I expect Michael Bay to acknowledge that humans traditionally have brains. That's the problem with Transformers 2. You can complain all you want about the racist robots, the lame dialogue, the annoying human characters, and overstuffed action sequences, but it all comes down to one central problem. Yes, we all expected Transformers 2 to be loud, dumb, and stupid. The problem is that it is simply TOO loud, dumb, and stupid. It is loud, dumb, and stupid to the degree that it actually feels insulting as you watch it. The anger that possessed me during Transformers 2 was almost too much to bear. The idea that Michael Bay actually thinks we as a human race will tolerate something this stupid. Expand
  5. Jan 13, 2011
    This movie sucks optimus prime's balls, and the storyline is crap. Who would in their right mind watch a long ass movie that only thing that made this movie alot of money is Megan Fox and great graphics.
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    Revenge of the Fallen is beyond stupid with some of the dumbest characters ever put on screen. Acting was pitiful. Story complete garbage, if there was even one, coupled with racism everywhere in the film. Nothing could be worst for Michael bay who has just added another terrible movie to his resume.
  7. Nov 7, 2012
    Another witless attempt at moviemaking from the always terrible Michael Bay. The first Transformers wasn't even that bad, at least not until the end, but this plotless recreation is a complete disaster. It could be the worst movie of the past twenty years.
  8. Sep 18, 2011
    "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" lacks the mind-blowing blockbuster spirit "Transformers" originally had. All you can see is messy clunky robots fighting with amazingly terrible cinematography followed by a brainlessly written script.
  9. Sep 4, 2010
    This is, without exaggeration, the absolute worst movie I have seen in the last ten years. Not only because it's a million kinds of awful, but because of what it represents. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen symbolizes not just everything condescending, cynical, and soulless in Hollywood, it stands as a testament to sub-crustal standards and the triumph of a strong marketing campaignThis is, without exaggeration, the absolute worst movie I have seen in the last ten years. Not only because it's a million kinds of awful, but because of what it represents. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen symbolizes not just everything condescending, cynical, and soulless in Hollywood, it stands as a testament to sub-crustal standards and the triumph of a strong marketing campaign over effort, talent and vision. Batman and Robin has been dethroned. Expand
  10. Feb 17, 2011
    The first Transformers was enjoyable, fill with action and hot Megan Fox, but unrealistic, repetitive segments and dumb humor, I rate that one: 6.8/10. The Tranformers cast and crew return for another adventure, overall don't waste your money buying this, it's a fair rental movie to kill the night. In this one, everything is repeated with added negativity. The enjoyable story from the lastThe first Transformers was enjoyable, fill with action and hot Megan Fox, but unrealistic, repetitive segments and dumb humor, I rate that one: 6.8/10. The Tranformers cast and crew return for another adventure, overall don't waste your money buying this, it's a fair rental movie to kill the night. In this one, everything is repeated with added negativity. The enjoyable story from the last one gets replaced by just focusing on hot, but terrible actor Megan Fox and so called "Mr. Hotshot" Shia LeBeouf who is more worst at acting. 100% unrealistic, repetitive segments and sayings and the ending turns into some kind of soap opera. I rate this one: 5.5/10 Somebody please fire Michael Bay. Expand
  11. Oct 9, 2010
    i hated this movie. absolutely terrible. wether its the absolutely terrible "humor" sequences, the obscured, boring fights, or the stereotyped robots, there isnt a single redeeming quality in this "blockbuster sequel" of a movie and deserves nothing but 0 as a movie, and as a form of an example of a terrible movie.
  12. Sep 3, 2010
    I can't remember the last time I desparately wanted to walk out of a movie. I felt cheated and insulted by this movie. It's offending to even think that they consider this entertainment, what-more, to charge a full ticket price of this garbage.
  13. Feb 8, 2012
    The plot was insanely stupid and honestly I felt insulted that they would put something so dumb into script form. The special effects are good (as expected). The cast was solid overall (yes even Megan Fox was fine). It was funny as well, Little bits of humor added through out that imo worked well for the film. It wasnt as bad as the critics say but it wasnt good either.
  14. Aug 20, 2010
    Michael Bay strikes again. Again and again and again and again.

For this review, I am only going to say four words: Noise. Confusion. Megan. Noise. That is all this movie is about. There is not much else to say. Transformers 1 was pretty decent for a horrible director but this is a piece of one big **** Nothing about this movie was good. Not even Megan Fox because she cannot act. Shia
    Michael Bay strikes again. Again and again and again and again.

That is all this movie is about. There is not much else to say. Transformers 1 was pretty decent for a horrible director but this is a piece of one big **** Nothing about this movie was good. Not even Megan Fox because she cannot act. Shia LeBeouf looks neurotic, the Transformers look like trash toys now, and the story sucks. Michael Bay, you have failed...for the umpteenth time.
  15. Aug 27, 2010
    I hated this movie! HATED,HATED,HATED,HATED,HATED THIS MOVIE! IT'S GODAWFUL! IT'S A CURSE,I MEAN IT IS SO SAINT IN HELL! Michael Bay destroy this movie and raping with lots of sexuality and some stereotypes in this horrible movie! HATED!!!
  16. Mar 30, 2011
    If you liked this movie, then what the **** is the matter with you? You must be a ****ing idiot to like this piece of **** I already ****ing hate you if you like it. **** Michael Bay, **** Shia Lebeouf, **** Megan Fox, **** Spielberg, just **** everybody that had anything to do with this **** Even a pizza guy. **** THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!
  17. Nov 5, 2010
    There are so many flaws with this movie i wanna put a knife through my chest. But ill kepp it short.

Its boring, not about transformers, and horribly acted and directed.

And finally the made SOUNDWAVe a SATELITE, that in its self is a sin.
  18. Feb 16, 2012
    Bad storyline. Decent to bad acting. Horrible storyline. Even the special effects (which really aren't that good) can't save this one.
  19. Sep 19, 2010
    An absolutely horrible film. Michael Bay should be ashamed that he isn't capable of toning down his over-the-top action, concentrating a LITTLE on the story and, when doing a film marketed to kids, leave out all of the sex, drug and racist material.
  20. Oct 4, 2010
    Firstly, the special effects are incredible and (most) of the action absolutely thrilling, however there is too much of it! This is one film which you really notice the length of while watching it. The humour wasn't very funny either. I loved the first film, but this was very average and it seems a waste of such a huge budget.
  21. Feb 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is for the most part is what I would have expected from a big budget movie about giant robots beating the sh** out of each other while causing maximum carnage to civilisation. The design of the transformers and the transformations from robot to vehicle mode and vice versa are visually stunning and most of them (especially Optimus Prime and Megatron) are nicely voiced. Megatron is a still a bad ass! Optimus Primes personally is portrayed very well: He's wise and a natual leader. This movie has got pretty much everything an action movie needs: explosions, brawls between the transformers and giant monuments (like pyramids and buildings) and objects blowing up and tumbling down to Earth with a thud. In short this movie is massive in scope with loads of actions scenes. Because this is a movie with a load of fast paced action scenes, this is a movie that needs to be enjoyed on a big cinema style TV with good speakers. The plot is a little bit of a mess: the movie revolves around Sam Whitwicky and he has some information about an energon source hidden on Earth and the nasty transformers (the Deceptions) want to get their hands on him so they can locate it. It follows on from the first Transformers movie and all of the Autobots have taken refuge on Earth searching for what's left of their Deception foes. The biggest trouble with this movie is that there's too much humour in this movie. The transformers, the Twins are pretty much there for the hysterical factor and I don't give a damn about them. They are annoying and clumsy and besides one scene in the movie, don't really help at all. The unnecessarily unfunny scene where Wheelie (a transformer that transforms into a remote control truck) dry humps Mikaela was just wrong. The character Leo was pointless to the storyline. The story at first may seem serious and tense (especially towards the middle of the movie where the Fallen lands on Earth) but the humour dampens the plot. Starscream (the Decepticon, 2nd in command after Megatron) acts like a coward and has a really weird voice; I mean, what happened to his robotic voice from the first movie. It sounded awesome! I guess his voice does fit his character a little bit because he doesn't seem to get involved in too many battles. He watches from the side lines while Megatron and the Fallen do all the heavy stuff (fighting). He's a little bit of a coward basically. Devestator which looks so bad ass and looks like he could level an entire city due to his massive size is only on screen for 30 seconds! I wished he just eat the Twins, spit them out and then play football with them. The Fallen (the main baddie) may seem dangerous looking at him with his skeleton like appearance, spikes protruding out of his body, his ability to teleport and his huge staff but he gets his ass kicked by Optimus Prime at the end in about 40 seconds; so much for an epic finale. I also love Optimus Prime's manners: He's weak and defenceless and can't get up to fight and the injured Jetfire (who is a old cronk by the way) offers him his parts. He sacrifices his parts to Optimus and Optimus now has the strength to fight the Fallen. Optimus doesn't say thank you to Jetfire. He acknowledges Sam for resurrecting him but doesn't thank a old deception (Jetfire) for sacrificing himself to save him. How selfish! On the outside, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen may seem a fun action movie, I couldn't take it too seriously due to unnecessarily humour and pointless characters. It's watchable but I prefer the first Transformers. Expand
  22. Jun 3, 2011
    WHY?! why does this movie have such bad reviews? This movie was epic and amazing. I know it was rushed because of the writers strike and all, but this is Transformers. Anybody watch the original cartoon? It was cheesy, had cheesy humor, but it was awesome, best show ever. This movie went back to the original cartoon with the comedy and action, and the on-going rivalry between Megatron andWHY?! why does this movie have such bad reviews? This movie was epic and amazing. I know it was rushed because of the writers strike and all, but this is Transformers. Anybody watch the original cartoon? It was cheesy, had cheesy humor, but it was awesome, best show ever. This movie went back to the original cartoon with the comedy and action, and the on-going rivalry between Megatron and Optimus. This movie even had soundwave with Ravage too. I am an absolutely diehard Transformers fan and whoever gave this movie a bad review is just blind, deaf or plain old stupid, because this movie was epic. ALOT of action, traditional Transformers story, and good acting from Shia Labeouf, yes I know Megan Fox is a terrible actress but shes absolutely beautiful. Thats mainly what shes there for. This movie was amazing, funny, and EPIC! I love Transformers, I can't wait for the third! 100/10! Expand
  23. Jan 26, 2011
    The story was weak and the humor was just plain silly. But having said that, it is one of my favorite movies. Here's why. The presentation of this movie is flawless. The action is perfect and dazzling. Explosions and metal pieces galore. Many scenes, especially the forest fight scene, play out like a symphony orchestra. So what this movie lacks and screws up, makes up for it 100 fold.
  24. Sep 5, 2011
    Revenge of the Fallen continues the movie franchise as the battle between the autobots and decepticons continues. This time, the leader of the fallen plans to take over our world as the autobots once again need the help of Sam Witwicky once again to help them win the battle, but after Optimus Prime gets killed by Megatron, now resurrected and is tracking Sam down to find the Matrix ofRevenge of the Fallen continues the movie franchise as the battle between the autobots and decepticons continues. This time, the leader of the fallen plans to take over our world as the autobots once again need the help of Sam Witwicky once again to help them win the battle, but after Optimus Prime gets killed by Megatron, now resurrected and is tracking Sam down to find the Matrix of Leadership which it has the power to resurrect a prime and our heroes must somehow save the world once again.

My friend from school showed me the trailer and I waited until June of 2009 to see it and I've finally did.

Michael Bay's directing was good, The storyline was almost slow, but some of the scenes were well-paced like the storyline from the first movie. The cinematography and the actors were almost as good, but they were still entertaining, again, the Witwicky family weren't given enough screen time, but were still great. The action scenes were amazing and the humor was as good as the ones in the first.

This movie had won some of the golden raspberry awards, but the negative reviews and the score are way too low for a great movie and one of the highest grossing movies of 2009. If fans of the franchise hated this film will have to deal with the director. Remember that.

At my highest hopes, an 8/10 will make this movie a very good sequel and I'm going to see Transformers 3 tomorrow in theaters.

4.0/5 stars
  25. Aug 25, 2010
    I don't know what the hate is about. Sure the plot was a little disappointing, the acting was sub-par, but as a old-time transformers fan, I have no issue with it. The expectations were set way too high when the movie is intended to give good special effects and action sequences, and that's what Bay is good at, and that's what he delivers. Personally, I think if you want a touching plot,I don't know what the hate is about. Sure the plot was a little disappointing, the acting was sub-par, but as a old-time transformers fan, I have no issue with it. The expectations were set way too high when the movie is intended to give good special effects and action sequences, and that's what Bay is good at, and that's what he delivers. Personally, I think if you want a touching plot, Oscar-level performances, go see a movie that actually looks like it's going deliver. If you want explosions, mindless action, and an entertaining two hours, I recommend this. Expand
  26. Jul 7, 2011
    From the first frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE to the last frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE this film is Michael Bay as usual: terrible, but loud and fast. The actors literally try to dash out of the wreckage and no one's career gets out unscathed. By the time LeBeouf outruns (!) the enormous, fast as jets, body-heat seeing BOTS for the tenth time--one wondersFrom the first frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE to the last frame of LOUD METAL-CLANGING CONFUSING MONTAGE this film is Michael Bay as usual: terrible, but loud and fast. The actors literally try to dash out of the wreckage and no one's career gets out unscathed. By the time LeBeouf outruns (!) the enormous, fast as jets, body-heat seeing BOTS for the tenth time--one wonders how ANYONE maintains any respect for this disaster. Moviemaking at its crudest. Ugh! Expand
  27. Feb 14, 2011
    Explosions , Stupid Jokes explosions. I Liked it Once One Time. However The 3rd installment seems prommising
  28. Nov 20, 2011
    There was a point in this movie where me and my friends looked at each other and just started laughing uncontrollably. This was because the movie in front of us was so preposterously horrible that you couldnt tell what the F was going on. I just look up and theres a lizard robot scaling a pyramid. Then I look up again and theres a giant alligator that breaths in dust for 5 minutesThere was a point in this movie where me and my friends looked at each other and just started laughing uncontrollably. This was because the movie in front of us was so preposterously horrible that you couldnt tell what the F was going on. I just look up and theres a lizard robot scaling a pyramid. Then I look up again and theres a giant alligator that breaths in dust for 5 minutes basically against both sides, just breathing in sand , that is his function in the movie. then we walked out. this movie is a disgrace to the world. Expand
  29. Jul 30, 2011
    one of my favirote movied ever . the critics are morons when they diss this movie. it funny action filled and above all entertaining.as i always say robot violence is the best violence this movie proves that fact as you can see all the parts coming out of the the robots when they are shot also they look like they are real life robots as they are so realisitic. ok so maybe the plot isone of my favirote movied ever . the critics are morons when they diss this movie. it funny action filled and above all entertaining.as i always say robot violence is the best violence this movie proves that fact as you can see all the parts coming out of the the robots when they are shot also they look like they are real life robots as they are so realisitic. ok so maybe the plot is simpilisitic but i hate over complicated plots.also the script is hilarious whith many good jokes. Expand
  30. Jan 6, 2012
    I suprisingly enjoyed this film a lot more then the first one. I think the huge flaw for it was the long run time, It definently started to push your nerves while watching it. The run time dragged the film on longer then what it should have.

Besides that, The acting was fine (yes, even the super hot Megan Fox was alright in it) and the story was fine as well. The special effects were about the same as the first film (good but insanely repetitive) and I agree that it did seem a lot of things were being blown up for no reason other then blowing them up and hoping people think it looks cool (it doesnt). It was annoying seeing the transformers transform 15+ times in the film. Also the action sequences were terrible and didnt have any excitement, Also it was hard to tell who was battling who when the camera is so close up and the autobots and decepticons are so large.

Overall the film was still rather good and I enjoyed it.

1. Reviewed by: Nick De Semlyen
    A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there's more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
  2. With its intelligence at the level of the simple-minded, however, the film is not likely to attract moviegoers who seek something more than a screen filled with kaleidoscopes of colored metal. Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Little seems new compared to the first installment, except that this version is longer, louder, and perhaps "more than your eye can meet" in one sitting.