5.5

1. Jul 11, 2014
    A more entertaining and groovy version of Transformers (2007).

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen got an awesome plot, great CGI and more adventure than the previous movie, and with great music. There is a much more entertaining story, and the action is awesome. But just as the first move, it suffers with slow and boring scenes and to much of the same stuff that we already have seen.

Better and in every way than the first movie.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen gets a 7/10
  2. Jun 27, 2014
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen doesn't improve a thing on its predecessor if not even goes more down the hill. Never the less, you can not despise the fact that it is over the top fun, with visuals still a feast for your eyes!
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    Sam Witwicky once again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, the Decepticons. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" lacks the mind-blowing blockbuster spirit "Transformers" originally had.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    It's really hard to talk about this movie. This is easily one of those movies that everyone loves to **** about so by this point I feel like there's nothing else to say even though I actually like it. There are a lot of great ideas here, like the introduction of the first Decepticon and the universe building is some of the best I've ever seen. But for everything great about this movie there's something that holds it down such as the racist humor, or annoying characters. Also, I'll discuss this more in my Dark of The Moon review but it feels like the creators of these movies REALLY hated Megatron. Still, if you want a movie that'll thoroughly entertain you every step of the way, then look no further. Expand
  5. Jun 1, 2014
    This movie doesn't exist to tell you a good story, it doesn't exist to give you entertainment. It only exists for EXPLOSIONS, LOT OF EXPLOSIONS, UNSTOPPABLE ACTION, SPECIAL EFFECTS EXTRAVAGANZA and it lacks humanity. Weak story, weak characters, weak dialogue, weak comedy: Weak Film.
  6. May 31, 2014
    There are moments in this film where it is somewhat better than the last film in regards to better filming of action scenes and more Transformers but that is quickly lost. The stuff I didn’t like from the last film such as focusing on the uninteresting human characters and the dumb/annoying characters and the dumb humor. What makes this film even worse than its predecessors is there are even more dumb and goofy moments than the last film with some new annoying Transformers and human characters. Also, the film spends a good chunk of it focusing on the interesting human characters. Finally, the climax well shot better is long and boring. If you like mindless entertainment see it but if you weren’t big on the last one sit this one out. Expand
  7. May 16, 2014
    Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen is in my opinion, the most underrated movie of all time. In a movie like this one, you don't want to see a very good story and good character development, you come to see action. The action is awsome. The transformers characters are great (defiantly Optimus Prime and Megatron) and overall i love it. Hate me if you wish, but you know inside yourself that you love it too. Expand
  8. Apr 23, 2014
    Revenge of the Fallen is a more loosely-plotted, slightly racist, more muddled sequel that is barely entertaining enough for us to forgive its many flaws.
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    Given the fact that I saw this film 5 years ago: I was surprised as to how I actually remembered it. When I saw it the other night however: I wished I didn't. Everyone had already identified all the problems with this film, the fact that Michael Bay admitted that an aspect of his film was "crap" practically tells the whole story. It's two redeeming qualities being the brutal and entertaining action sequences, with good voice acting are not even close to plunging this film out of a pit of unlikeable and underdeveloped characters, crude and sometimes grotesque humour, clunky and forced story lines, noisy and uncomfortable sequences thrown in unnecessarily, and a lethargic pacing that ultimately results in a tedious slog of a film; and it's not often I feel that way when watching blockbuster entertainment. Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2014
    It's arguably one of the stupidest films I've ever seen in my life, but it's a film where you just seriously have to shut your mind off and know you're watching pure garbage. The acting from the humans horrible, the humor beyond horrible, but I know for a fact Bay had to have known he wasn't making Citizen Kane, and I can tell that the people making this probably had a lot of fun working on it.

Even still the performances for the Transformers are still fantastic, Cullen is still fantastic as Optimus as is Weaving as Megatron, and the inclusion of Tony Todd as the Fallen did chillingly well. And yes Reno and Tom were a little annoying as those two twins, but as everyone says "It's all Bay's fault for doing that" which is not true. Reno Wilson specifically asked to do make the characters like that and he even improvised some of his own dialogue as did Tom so you can't blame Bay for that characterization when it was the actors decision to do so. And the CG and action is still fantastic as always in these movies, especially the final bout between Optimus, Megatron, and the Fallen.

And yes the humor can be a massive turnoff, hell it was to me at first too, but I have since seen it again since I first saw it and I realized that the movie was meant to be stupid like this, it was the whole idea, and for that I say, it's a load of garbage, but by god if it isn't extremely entertaining garbage.
  11. Nov 2, 2013
    Disappointing. That's all I can say. "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a stupid way to make a sequel to the thoughtful and entertaining original. Michael Bay just wears us out completely with a crude, noisy and under-plotted sequel.
  12. Aug 30, 2013
    There is just no way to defend or salvage the massive and overblown mess that is Revenge of the Fallen, the sequel to the equally big but not equally bad Transformers film in 2007. Clocking in at two and a half hours, this is a drag and then some, with an uneven and completely exhausting plot that twists and turns into senseless action, it becomes quite difficult to follow and, well, unnecessary. To many devices, turning points and pointless additions make up this bloated sequel, where we find Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) now heading to college, but being dragged back into the fight of the Transformers. The Decepticons, or the bad guys, have found a new energy source, and it's location lies within the mind of Sam, and that's really the plot that drags out for an obscenely long time, and the humour and mediocre storytelling, it goes one way by the Decepticons reveal themselves the world and how they will no longer hide, but yet their epic showdown happens in the desert, away from the.. erm.. public eye. These ongoing problems persist throughout the film, as the script seems to contradict itself at many turns, switching locations and using cut-off scenes at what are perceived to be pivotal moments such as the resurrection of Megatron, but lets cut to Sam's parents trying out snails in Paris. The inconsistencies simply don't diminish, whether its these symbols that are the driving point of the film, why exactly where these missing from the first film, with only subtle hints that never amounted to anything. The humour can be the saving grace of the film, but low and behold we have teo particularly stereotyped Autobots who are now part of of Optimus Prime's team of earth dwellers who are reminiscent of the gang culture persona of African-Americans, racist and desperate are words that spring to mind. We also have new lady autobots who I'm sure have around five words to say in the entire film, its been made big, but just too big to point where there are mistakes and forgetfulness.
    LaBeouf continues to bicker his way through his lead role, perhaps trying to encapsulate a character with an attention disorder. There is very little do to for the rest of the cast, some having petty one-liners while others are kicked to the dirt entirely. The special effects are again a truly amazing to watch, but a compromise needs to be drawn somewhere, and there is none in this film, its loud and utilises slow-motion so we can watch Sam and Michaela (Megan Fox) run away several times, and leap from buildings onto piles of rubble without any sort of injury.
    There is no consistency, motive, relatable actions or fluid plot points to admire this film, instead we are left with a loud and over-arching catastrophe. Michael Bay should have listened to the dialogue that John Turturro delivers on the film, "beginning, middle, end, plot, condense If only.
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    Absolutely appalling. A ghastly disastrous film in which you look at the screen but can't process any of the inconceivable storyline, if there even was supposed to be one. Insulting. Big stupid robots.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    A disappointing sequel to Transformers, with terrible a humour and an unconvincing plot. The action was definitely a positive to a weak movie and easily the worst one in the trilogy.
  15. Jul 8, 2013
    This is an embarrassing script for all Transformer fans. The film looks good with its big budget, but by the end of this film you just don't care about anything.
  16. Jul 3, 2013
    Revenge of the Fallen is beyond stupid with some of the dumbest characters ever put on screen. Acting was pitiful. Story complete garbage, if there was even one, coupled with racism everywhere in the film. Nothing could be worst for Michael bay who has just added another terrible movie to his resume.
  17. Jun 2, 2013
    Very, very, very poor storytelling, and directing. I liked the first transformers movie, but this one is stupid, full of dirty jokes, and puts explosions 10 miles ahead of screenplay on its priority list. It's sort of passable for a t.v. viewing, and has one or two decent action scenes, but that's not enough to make a good movie, not even close. Try watching this in the movie theatre for more than 2 hours while you have to pee, and are consistently having your expectations shot down. Expand
  18. May 24, 2013
    Having enjoyed the first movie I was really looking forward to this follow up. There can be few sequels however in the history of film making that have been such a huge disappointment. It is difficult to know where to start when explaining what is wrong with this movie so I we simply list my biggest complaints.
    1. Why is nearly every transformer there for some sort of (badly judged) comic
    relief? I simply did not find the humour in any of them, particular the borderline racist duo.
    2. Why is it so difficult to tell what is going on during the fight scenes? Sometimes it was difficult to tell who was who and there is nothing to rival the highway scene of the first movie.
    3. With so many stories to choose from the comics and cartoon series why is the plot so dull?
    4. Whats with all the slo-mo shots of Megan Fox? We know shes attractive you don't need to constantly remind us.
    5. Why make a movie last nearly two and a half hours and then fill it with scenes as pointless and unfunny as the one where Sams mum accidently gets high on pot?
  19. May 12, 2013
    I'm a Transformers fan and I'm upset with what Michael Bay for what he has reduced my childhood into. There, that is practically what the next minute or two will be about. I watched this around the time it was available on Netflix, I watched it several times because it looked cool and I liked the music. Watching it now I realize that this is actually a horrible film, with sexist, and racist characters. I know for one that racism is a big deal and that now a days it's a popular form of comedy. A lot of T.V shows do this, shows like South park and Family guy do it all the time, but South park gets away with it because it gives social commentary about what's going on. This film however only gives us fascinating visuals and robots made out of cardboard. That's the major problem a lot of people had with the film, some actually don't care and just roll with it, and that doesn't mean that they're racist or anything. I guess that and some bad directing is what most skepticts focus on, and praising the visuals like everyone does, and who can help it; like what Michael Bay would want people to say after seeing one of his films: this looks awesome. The one thing I enjoy in this film is probably what a lot of people enjoyed as well: the scene where Devastator forms. This is the pinnacle of the special effects, and it's great to see one of the most profitable Transformer toys back in the day have testicles. I don't think I can say much more about this crap that no one else has already said, so I leave saying this: I don't like this movie. Expand
  20. May 6, 2013
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is without a doubt one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Literally all it is, is Transformers and Decepticons fighting each other in hand to hand combat for 150 minutes straight. No breaks. It might sound entertaining to some people but for me it was just stupid, boring, and repetitive.
  21. Apr 6, 2013
    It's a bad movie. A huge Dissapoint film. First of all the VFX dazzles your mind and gives you headaches and migraines! If James Cameron and Uwe Boll made a stink pile it would be still better. No point, no story and no meaning! Tis film is one of the VFX crap Hollywood produces and Micheal Bay, oh my goodness! This great director is going for some s*** in movie history! I am fed up of stupid sequels! Give us new stuff man! It stands no choice against the batted good film Transformers and its worse than Dark of the Moon, Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2013
    this movie is a massive disappointment this movie took everything we loved from the first sequel and destroyed it the comedy was out of place the transformations was boring i hated every minute with John Turturro in it this movie probably destroyed the sequel forever
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    I can't believe that Michael Bay went from a successful exciting Transformers movie to this. This movie was a real stinker. The reason is from terrible acting perfect example (Julie White) a.k.a. Sam's mom and a bunch of unessacary/retarded moments that draws your attention away from the story. In this case, I hate the fact it's so long because of the stupid moments and terrible acting. Overall, this is a waste of what could have been a fun movie, but is ruined by Michael Bay's terrible directing. Expand
  24. Mar 19, 2013
    Nowhere near as good as the first movie in terms of depth and story. The action is amped up too much and Bay is trying to do to much. To many new characters with almost NO character development at all. This movie is nothing but a grand display of action, effects and Megan Fox's ass (which is glorious by the way!) BUT it did have a few good moments, and was at least entertaining. Overall: Just another shameless Bay action flick that does not even try to be anything more. Poor, but at least fun to watch at times. Expand
  25. Mar 7, 2013
    This movie finally provides the world with an exclusive insight inside Michael Bay's pants. During the most excruciating 150 minutes one could experience by watching a film, nothing will stop Bay from pulling his boxers all the way down just to show the world how big he is by randomly throwing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING he has right as it comes, whatever pops out first; yet managing to under-develop characters even less than he did on Pearl Harbor. And Bay's pants on his ankles also explain why the fun and humor from the 1st movie had become so gross and vulgar. Expand
  26. Feb 24, 2013
    I like action so will admit that I loved a lot of this film. Michael Bay knows how to direct action and there's a lot of that on display here. What I did not like is the highly unintelligent attempts of humor. This film is literally one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen.
  27. Jan 6, 2013
    A terrible romp of bad race depictions and an angry robot that goes, I am MEGATRON about every ten seconds. It might be Michael Bay's worst movie yet!
  28. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the first movie and this sequel was almost as good. Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are great once more, as is the rest of the cast. There are a few issues that I did have though. The number one problem I had was believing that transformers can now replicate human beings perfectly? I didn't read the comics or watch the TV shows so if there's anything in them can gives reason for this I wouldn't know but I don't care. Good movies should be able to stand alone and I have a hard time understanding how transformers can replicate, not just the look of a human, but also the texture of skin, personality, smell, etc. That was just a short segment of the movie so I can't count it against it too much but it still bugged me. Also, why are there way more Decepticons than Autobots and why are the Decepticons always cool things like fighter jets while the Autobots are relegated to various Chevrolet cars and a semi? These things didn't hurt the movie at all it just seems unfair to me. Nonetheless, it was once again an awesome movie with fantastic action-sequences, witty dialogue, solid acting, and an interesting plot. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe it's action is spectacular, but it's plot is stupid, there are stupid characters, stupid villians, stupid acting, stupid dialogues... Just stupid.
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    Another witless attempt at moviemaking from the always terrible Michael Bay. The first Transformers wasn't even that bad, at least not until the end, but this plotless recreation is a complete disaster. It could be the worst movie of the past twenty years.

1. Reviewed by: Nick De Semlyen
    A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there's more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
  2. With its intelligence at the level of the simple-minded, however, the film is not likely to attract moviegoers who seek something more than a screen filled with kaleidoscopes of colored metal. Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Little seems new compared to the first installment, except that this version is longer, louder, and perhaps "more than your eye can meet" in one sitting.