6.9

1. Aug 20, 2010
    MICHEAL BAY DOES IT AGAIN!!! ... make another bad movie that is. you know your a bad director when people write songs on how bad your movies are ( see pearl Harbor) . id like too ad that im a huge fan of transformers from when i was a kid. i grew up waching the original tv show . i had very high hopes for this film . i even gave bay the benifite of the doubt . i thought he made 1 goodMICHEAL BAY DOES IT AGAIN!!! ... make another bad movie that is. you know your a bad director when people write songs on how bad your movies are ( see pearl Harbor) . id like too ad that im a huge fan of transformers from when i was a kid. i grew up waching the original tv show . i had very high hopes for this film . i even gave bay the benifite of the doubt . i thought he made 1 good movie with The Rock . surely the sun can smile on a dumb dogs ass twice . Alas he failed and Failed very epicly . lets start with the plot or lack there of or should i say lack of the main charicters you know the Transformers . this is there film after all not the shilo the stuttering prick movie . the transforers dont hardly apear in there film infact i think the dog in it has more lines then they do. they seem to be there only to be brought out to beat the hell out of each other inbetween shilo's stuttering , bad jokes , and him drooling over megan fox . which really makes the case giant transforming robots are more believable then that dip stick getting a girl like that . i mean giant transforming robots i can believe , shilo getting megan ... no. i know its alot of money to make the transformers come to life and all but is it really hard just to have them stand there and talk and get some charicter devolpment? i guess for bay it is not when theres **** to blow up and bad jokes to tell. also the changing of the over all plot in the tv show the transforers come to earth to serch for energy to save there dying world in the movie its coming to find the all spark . i mean really is the first option not doable? they couldnt stick abit more to the source material? this is why 99% of any thing made from a tv show , comic or video game sucks . why bother even making it if you are just gona abandon the source ? just go make some thing els simular and call it some thing els. people like to point out the how awsome the action is and its not bad atleast what you can actaully make out what the hell is going on . bay for some reason likes to do close ups . so close infact most of the action is to chaotic to make out what the hell is going on. the only 2 good things i can say about this film . 1 the special effects are pretty and 2 using peter cullen as the voice of optimus prime . every thing els is crap . im in shock spielberg sighned off on this . i think he must have gone insane Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    This is the lowest form of crap you can find in a video store.I grew up in the 80s and loved the cartoons so like most people if i had seen a half decent film i would have embraced it.The CGI is good and thats it.Micheal Bay is not a comic or a writer yet he has a go at it and fails miserably.He has taken the root of most action directors insisting that a good action movie needs a badThis is the lowest form of crap you can find in a video store.I grew up in the 80s and loved the cartoons so like most people if i had seen a half decent film i would have embraced it.The CGI is good and thats it.Micheal Bay is not a comic or a writer yet he has a go at it and fails miserably.He has taken the root of most action directors insisting that a good action movie needs a bad script.Geekey guy falls for hot girl who dosent recognize him until he saves her life,this story has been told time and again.This isnt the movie transformers desereved. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2010
    This film is **** **** Nothing at all good was used from the original Transformers, basically someone got the liecnse and created a half arsed peice of **** just to make money. The plot is about a big cube, there are no transformers untill half way in, and then they have ****e ones, even then they don't **** act anyhting like the characters should, they hardly **** talk, the kid who starsThis film is **** **** Nothing at all good was used from the original Transformers, basically someone got the liecnse and created a half arsed peice of **** just to make money. The plot is about a big cube, there are no transformers untill half way in, and then they have ****e ones, even then they don't **** act anyhting like the characters should, they hardly **** talk, the kid who stars in this is a little piece of piss i saw in a ****ty kids program when i was younger, he is awefull, i don't know why but i look at him and his stupid ass smug face and i can imagine he just stinks of farts. I hope he dies. The 80s animated film is over 9000 times better. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2011
    I do not understand why people like this piece of **** It's almost pure bull****. But the second one took care of that. This moive is so goddamn insulting. We were supposed to care about that robot? What the **** Mr. Bay? **** you up your stupid ****ing AIDS-ridden ass. I just ****ing hate you. Stop making movies.
  5. May 28, 2014
    Seriously?!?! How the heck did this garbage catch on. The script is phoned in and rather than focus on the Autobots like in the cartoon the film focuses on the poorly written human characters who aren’t that interesting. When the film does show the action it is poorly shot. I would only recommend this film to little kids because when you are that age you are pretty receptive to garbage.Seriously?!?! How the heck did this garbage catch on. The script is phoned in and rather than focus on the Autobots like in the cartoon the film focuses on the poorly written human characters who aren’t that interesting. When the film does show the action it is poorly shot. I would only recommend this film to little kids because when you are that age you are pretty receptive to garbage. Transformers fans could check it out if they are interested but trust me skip it you’ll be disappointed. Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    It gets a 1 because I have an irrational soft spot for Bumblebee. Everything else is loud noise, explosions, plot holes and exposition that sometimes involves giant robots.
  7. Jan 4, 2012
    This film was nearly unbearable. The special effects are well done, albeit excessive. I thought the action sequences were lackluster (and those were the main event). Unsurprisingly, I found myself yearning for something greater by the end, but I became cynical about the sequels.
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    Não grande coisa até que um filme bom porém muito fraco em muito sentidos, tanto em seu enredo, como em seus personagens mal constrúidos e sua trama fraquíssima proporcionando um filme senso distribuindo mal sua duração ao longo do tempo que rodado. Transformers não passa de um filme mediano cheio de cascata voando para todo os lado.
  9. Mar 6, 2013
    This is not a good movie at all. The story is extremely dull and it's pretty much about big explosions and special effects, but I'm sure you already knew that. I'm also pretty sure that the characters were intentionally designed for you to hate all of them by the writers. So to summarize this awful movie in short, terrible story and characters. Absolutely nothing but special effects.
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't like long multiple plug for products in movie it is shameful Bay needs to learn commercials are for tv not movies. Cliche after cliche is annoying nerd gets hot girl,government incompetent until the end etc. Micheal 'the butcher' Bay does it again. But is was entertainment non the less. Expand
  11. May 5, 2014
    Doesn't have "You've Got The Touch" by Stan Bush. No way it will be a good movie anymore. Needs a more 1980's soundtrack like the original movie, which is really good.
  12. Sep 22, 2014
    Loud music , best action sequences ! = A hell of a good action roller coaster !!!!!!.( i'm not that kind of obsessed transformers kinda guy but i am an Optimus fan also a little bit of a micheal bay fan.) , Shia LeBouf plays a nerd who likes this hot girl Megan Fox ( actually she is not that hot now then she was)
    then he buys a car then the car is actually a TRANSFORMER ! then a
    then he buys a car then the car is actually a TRANSFORMER ! then a transformer battle begins now LeoBouf has to stop it . wow what a good story from director Micheal Bay and Writers John Rogers , Roberto Orci , Alex Kurtzman. Lets talk about the transformers voice cast i love peter cullen as the great and Powerful Optimus prime who is my favorite character in this film also great Transformer performances by Mark Ryan as Bumblebee and Hugo Weaving as Megatron. I know that Micheal Bay basically put non stop stereotypes for characters like Megan Fox as the hot girl also Bernie Mac as the car dealer. Also Micheal Bay has a bad direction in directing movies also the fact he does not know how to make a picture if number 1: Stops trying to have stereotypes actors for dumb roles. Number 2: NO more dumb jokes to add to to your movies ! take my advice bay. Micheal Bay is the not my exact favorite ' director' but his films have impressed me with films like ( Armageddon , Bad Boys) also inspired me with his imagination. Grade A+. Grade for Micheal Bay A-
  13. Jan 19, 2015
    After watching Transformers, I must pay homage to director Michael Bay for sharing his recreational interests with the rest of the world. Until this moment, I knew little about his fierce fervour towards the field of alchemy. But now I perceive him as a perfectionist. He has somehow turned human excrement into film.
    Transformers is a 2 and 1/2 hour long video game that the audience isn't
    Transformers is a 2 and 1/2 hour long video game that the audience isn't allowed to play. On the IMDB trivia page it says 'The most amazing thing about Transformers is that they set the release date without a completed script'. I beg to differ. The most amazing thing about Transformers is that they finished filming without a completed script. Transformers is contrived, convoluted and incoherent on so many levels that most would call it unworthy of serious examination. Transformers isn't only critic-proof, it resists serious criticism. You might as well analyse a beach ball. The immoderate overload of CGI, ugly set-pieces and mind numbing action made it impossible for me to shut my eyes and dream of a better movie. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way. Apparently Michael Bay was inspired by David Cronenberg's 1996 film Crash. And now that I think about it, I can see the mild resemblance. Both movies are like watching automobile accidents. Only one was intended to be. Add it all up, and what you've got here is a waste of good electricity. I'm not talking about the electricity between the actors. I'm talking about the current to the projector.
  14. Oct 18, 2014
    Aliens make Earth their final battleground. As the forces of evil seek the key to ultimate power, Earth's last chance for survival rest in the hands of young Sam Witwicky.
  15. Dec 7, 2014
    Transformers is a 2 and 1/2 hour long video game that the audience isn't
  16. Jan 25, 2015
    Michael Bay is a director who love slow motions and explosions and it's normal because he is doing it right he is very good at this but in that movie they are just too much and interesting is that there is so much fights and violence in this movie and the death count is : 0 .But that's not important that's not the biggest fail of the fail is in actors the crew was sooooo weak sooo weakMichael Bay is a director who love slow motions and explosions and it's normal because he is doing it right he is very good at this but in that movie they are just too much and interesting is that there is so much fights and violence in this movie and the death count is : 0 .But that's not important that's not the biggest fail of the fail is in actors the crew was sooooo weak sooo weak that it was painful to watch the movie. Shia LaBeouf is shame for Hollywood Industry and seriosly that guy is going to save the world ??? And don't forget Megan Fox that's is in the movie only because she is sexy .Actually i think the hole movie was commercial of Chevrolet nothing else but a damn long commercial. Expand
  17. Apr 22, 2015
    For the past year or so, geek tempers have flared high over the prospect of a Michael Bay-directed update of The Transformers, a mid-'80s Hasbro cartoon about sentient alien robots capable of disguising themselves as mundane Earth machines, from cars to planes to tape recorders to, um, robotic dinosaurs. Thanks to a line of reasonably neat toys and a better-than-average-for-the-timeFor the past year or so, geek tempers have flared high over the prospect of a Michael Bay-directed update of The Transformers, a mid-'80s Hasbro cartoon about sentient alien robots capable of disguising themselves as mundane Earth machines, from cars to planes to tape recorders to, um, robotic dinosaurs. Thanks to a line of reasonably neat toys and a better-than-average-for-the-time plotline pitting the noble Autobots against the evil Decepticons, The Transformers captured the imagination of a generation of kids, and the several spin-off series and animated movie continued to bring new fans into thrall. Since the first live-action film version was announced, the Internet has been abuzz with debate over exactly how the explosion-meister director of Pearl Harbor and The Island was going to screw up the franchise. Hardcore fans have **** about the robot designs, the vehicle designs, the silly Maguffin-centric plot, and much more, but even they couldn't have anticipated exactly how Transformers ruins their memories: by turning the franchise into a terrible '80s comedy.

The film opens with Peter Cullen (reprising his '80s original role as Autobot leader Optimus Prime) delivering a cheesy voiceover about "the Allspark," a mysterious cube of unknown provenance that gives life to worlds. Cut to modern-day Qatar, where a giant robot destroys an American military base and hacks into its computers in search of data on the cube, in the kind of modern action scene fans were probably most hoping for. And then… cut to nearly an hour of John Hughes-style teen-romance goofery, as spastic twit Shia LaBoeuf flails his way through an attempted romance of Megan Fox, the hottest girl in high school. He pratfalls in front of her, he blithers to himself nervously, he gets all unnerved as his mom asks if he's been masturbating and suggests that if the word makes him uncomfortable, he could call it Special Happy Time instead. Astonishingly, what should be a propulsive action film stumbles along in this vein through much of the rest of its length, dragging out inane jokes and excruciating humiliation routines; even when the heroic Autobots finally appear, they're similarly dignity-free bumblers who spout passé catchphrases (having learned their English from Earth TV, natch), accidentally stomp a rose garden (Optimus Prime: "Oops, my bad."), and get pissed on by a Chihuahua. ("That's going to rust.")

Transformers features a fair bit of action, and from time to time, it stays serious long enough to get exciting. But the Transformers' cluttered visual designs and Bay's frantic cutting frequently make it hard to tell what's happening in a given battle until the victor shows up in the next scene. And the writers' habit of undermining nearly every significant moment with corny gags and comic robot flailing à la Short Circuit is practically inexplicable. At this point, no one should be expecting much from Michael Bay except fast pacing and decently choreographed explosions. With Transformers, he doesn't even make it that far.
  18. May 8, 2015
    When it comes to Transformers, I have no ax to grind, pro or con. For me, it's just another loud, plot-deficient summer motion picture. In this case, nostalgia doesn't grip me - I'm too old to have played with the gadgets or watched the cartoon. I'm sure many fanboys (and girls) will be delighted by what Michael Bay has done to update the Transformers mythos (basically, that meansWhen it comes to Transformers, I have no ax to grind, pro or con. For me, it's just another loud, plot-deficient summer motion picture. In this case, nostalgia doesn't grip me - I'm too old to have played with the gadgets or watched the cartoon. I'm sure many fanboys (and girls) will be delighted by what Michael Bay has done to update the Transformers mythos (basically, that means incorporating A-level special effects and blowing lots of things up). On the other hand, those with no particular emotional attachment to the toys and their multimedia offshoots may dislike this movie as much as I did.

Thus far, the summer of 2007 has been full of very loud, very unsatisfying action movies. Transformers tops them all - it's louder, flashier, and more hollow than anything else out there. At 135 minutes, it drags - sometimes painfully so. The movie is top-heavy with exposition, and the only decent action scenes occur in the final 25 minutes. Despite an epileptic camera, those sequences are impressive from a special effects point-of-view, but they aren't exciting. That's because the characters are so poorly developed and the Transformers so singularly uninteresting that the question of who wins or loses doesn't matter. All the effort behind Transformers went into making the robots look cool; nothing went into developing a compelling storyline. Even the headline bout between Optimus Prime and Megatron is pedestrian - two big metallic monsters slugging it out while the camera spins around them as if out of control. It's kind of reminiscent of the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots going at it.

If the dialogue is anything to go by, Bay has a sense of humor. Not only does he take a moment to poke fun at one of his earlier hit movies, but he allows so many howlingly bad lines to be spoken that the level of self-parody has to be intentional. Transformers is a jumble of the good, the bad, and the ugly, with the latter two categories outweighing the former. The film has a lot of nice touches (such as the opening attack in Qatar, where there is a sense of danger, and the John Hughes-inspired introduction of Sam), but the meat of the story is plodding, recycled sci-fi drivel. That, I suppose, is what happens when a major motion picture is based on a 20-plus year old toy phenomenon.

Transformers is so belabored that it makes Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End seem like a masterpiece of pacing. It makes that "classic" midsummer alien invasion movie, Independence Day, seem like a template for inventive plotting and solid character development. Even by Michael Bay standards, this movie is vapid. Yes, there are plenty of explosions, but those are a dime-a-dozen these days; even Discovery Channel's Mythbusters has them. Transformers isn't clean, big-budget fun; it's clean, big-budget tedium. For Transformers fans, I suppose this is a dream motion picture. For everyone else, it's a nightmare.

1. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Big, loud and full of testosterone-fueled car fantasies, Michael Bay's actioner hits a new peak for CGI work, showcasing spectacular chases and animated transformation sequences seamlessly blended into live-action surroundings.
  2. Transformers is a wet dream for fanboys, with vehicles that whiz and whir into alien robots, spectacular sci-fi stunt chases, glistening military hardware, overheated computer software and brainy, hot girls who love Popular Mechanics.
    In previous movies, Michael Bay dabbled wearily in Homo sapiens. At last he has summoned the courage to admit that he has an exclusive crush on machines, and I congratulate him on creating, in Transformers, his first truly honest work of art.