6.9

1. Aug 20, 2010
    MICHEAL BAY DOES IT AGAIN!!! ... make another bad movie that is. you know your a bad director when people write songs on how bad your movies are ( see pearl Harbor) . id like too ad that im a huge fan of transformers from when i was a kid. i grew up waching the original tv show . i had very high hopes for this film . i even gave bay the benifite of the doubt . i thought he made 1 good movie with The Rock . surely the sun can smile on a dumb dogs ass twice . Alas he failed and Failed very epicly . lets start with the plot or lack there of or should i say lack of the main charicters you know the Transformers . this is there film after all not the shilo the stuttering prick movie . the transforers dont hardly apear in there film infact i think the dog in it has more lines then they do. they seem to be there only to be brought out to beat the hell out of each other inbetween shilo's stuttering , bad jokes , and him drooling over megan fox . which really makes the case giant transforming robots are more believable then that dip stick getting a girl like that . i mean giant transforming robots i can believe , shilo getting megan ... no. i know its alot of money to make the transformers come to life and all but is it really hard just to have them stand there and talk and get some charicter devolpment? i guess for bay it is not when theres **** to blow up and bad jokes to tell. also the changing of the over all plot in the tv show the transforers come to earth to serch for energy to save there dying world in the movie its coming to find the all spark . i mean really is the first option not doable? they couldnt stick abit more to the source material? this is why 99% of any thing made from a tv show , comic or video game sucks . why bother even making it if you are just gona abandon the source ? just go make some thing els simular and call it some thing els. people like to point out the how awsome the action is and its not bad atleast what you can actaully make out what the hell is going on . bay for some reason likes to do close ups . so close infact most of the action is to chaotic to make out what the hell is going on. the only 2 good things i can say about this film . 1 the special effects are pretty and 2 using peter cullen as the voice of optimus prime . every thing els is crap . im in shock spielberg sighned off on this . i think he must have gone insane Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    This is the lowest form of crap you can find in a video store.I grew up in the 80s and loved the cartoons so like most people if i had seen a half decent film i would have embraced it.The CGI is good and thats it.Micheal Bay is not a comic or a writer yet he has a go at it and fails miserably.He has taken the root of most action directors insisting that a good action movie needs a bad script.Geekey guy falls for hot girl who dosent recognize him until he saves her life,this story has been told time and again.This isnt the movie transformers desereved. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2010
    This film is **** **** Nothing at all good was used from the original Transformers, basically someone got the liecnse and created a half arsed peice of **** just to make money. The plot is about a big cube, there are no transformers untill half way in, and then they have ****e ones, even then they don't **** act anyhting like the characters should, they hardly **** talk, the kid who stars in this is a little piece of piss i saw in a ****ty kids program when i was younger, he is awefull, i don't know why but i look at him and his stupid ass smug face and i can imagine he just stinks of farts. I hope he dies. The 80s animated film is over 9000 times better. Expand
  4. May 28, 2014
    Seriously?!?! How the heck did this garbage catch on. The script is phoned in and rather than focus on the Autobots like in the cartoon the film focuses on the poorly written human characters who aren’t that interesting. When the film does show the action it is poorly shot. I would only recommend this film to little kids because when you are that age you are pretty receptive to garbage. Transformers fans could check it out if they are interested but trust me skip it you’ll be disappointed. Expand
  5. Mar 30, 2011
    I do not understand why people like this piece of **** It's almost pure bull****. But the second one took care of that. This moive is so goddamn insulting. We were supposed to care about that robot? What the **** Mr. Bay? **** you up your stupid ****ing AIDS-ridden ass. I just ****ing hate you. Stop making movies.
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    It gets a 1 because I have an irrational soft spot for Bumblebee. Everything else is loud noise, explosions, plot holes and exposition that sometimes involves giant robots.
  7. Jan 4, 2012
    This film was nearly unbearable. The special effects are well done, albeit excessive. I thought the action sequences were lackluster (and those were the main event). Unsurprisingly, I found myself yearning for something greater by the end, but I became cynical about the sequels.
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    Não grande coisa até que um filme bom porém muito fraco em muito sentidos, tanto em seu enredo, como em seus personagens mal constrúidos e sua trama fraquíssima proporcionando um filme senso distribuindo mal sua duração ao longo do tempo que rodado. Transformers não passa de um filme mediano cheio de cascata voando para todo os lado.
  9. Mar 6, 2013
    This is not a good movie at all. The story is extremely dull and it's pretty much about big explosions and special effects, but I'm sure you already knew that. I'm also pretty sure that the characters were intentionally designed for you to hate all of them by the writers. So to summarize this awful movie in short, terrible story and characters. Absolutely nothing but special effects.
  10. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't like long multiple plug for products in movie it is shameful Bay needs to learn commercials are for tv not movies. Cliche after cliche is annoying nerd gets hot girl,government incompetent until the end etc. Micheal 'the butcher' Bay does it again. But is was entertainment non the less. Expand
  11. May 5, 2014
    Doesn't have "You've Got The Touch" by Stan Bush. No way it will be a good movie anymore. Needs a more 1980's soundtrack like the original movie, which is really good.
  12. Oct 18, 2014
    Aliens make Earth their final battleground. As the forces of evil seek the key to ultimate power, Earth's last chance for survival rest in the hands of young Sam Witwicky.

1. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Big, loud and full of testosterone-fueled car fantasies, Michael Bay's actioner hits a new peak for CGI work, showcasing spectacular chases and animated transformation sequences seamlessly blended into live-action surroundings.
  2. Transformers is a wet dream for fanboys, with vehicles that whiz and whir into alien robots, spectacular sci-fi stunt chases, glistening military hardware, overheated computer software and brainy, hot girls who love Popular Mechanics.
    In previous movies, Michael Bay dabbled wearily in Homo sapiens. At last he has summoned the courage to admit that he has an exclusive crush on machines, and I congratulate him on creating, in Transformers, his first truly honest work of art.