6.9

1. VT
    Jul 2, 2007
    Unbelievable! Exceeded all expectations! Thrilling, sad, funny, exciting all in one. This one is for old fan and new to be fan!
  2. fredbob
    Jul 16, 2007
    i put this at about a 9.5 but for this review i will give it a 10. This is a must see movie. Its very entertaining and has great actors and actresses. Its one of my favorite movies of the year
  3. FrankD.
    Jul 16, 2007
    i guess it's cool to be a hater in '07? guess we can't all be autobots...prime would be disappointed in you guys
  4. Sep 5, 2011
    This live-action adaptation of the TV shows and the toy franchise tells the story about the battle between the autobots and the decepticons as they search for the AllSpark, a device so powerful that can turn mechanics into robots. When it lands on earth, Optimus Prime and the other autobots meet a boy named Sam Witwicky and seeks his help along with his girlfriend Mikaela to find theThis live-action adaptation of the TV shows and the toy franchise tells the story about the battle between the autobots and the decepticons as they search for the AllSpark, a device so powerful that can turn mechanics into robots. When it lands on earth, Optimus Prime and the other autobots meet a boy named Sam Witwicky and seeks his help along with his girlfriend Mikaela to find the AllSpark and put an end to the decepticons once and for all.

I saw the trailers for this movie, but I have missed my chances of seeing it in theaters. So, I waited to get it on DVD and viola! I now have the movie and I was excited when it met my expectations.

Michael Bay did really well on his directing and the storyline was well-paced together. The cinematography and casting were great, even Shia Lebeouf and Megan Fox's performances were so good and they make a great screen couple. The Witwicky parents weren't given enough screen time, but I think they did pretty well with their comedic moments. The actors that voiced the autobots and the decepticons turned out to be great and they are just like the ones from the TV shows.

The humor was so hilarious, and the best humor part was the pee joke which I really laughed during the movie.

The action scenes were very darn good. I think that Michael Bay was a fan of action scenes from the TV show and did very well at shooting them just to make it look real.

The CGI effects from the Industrial Light and Magic company was that good and it fits well for the action sequences.

The music score was riveting and very cool and it gave some emotion in the whole movie.

I am going to point that there aren't any negative things to say about this movie and the 57% rating is a little bit low for my expectations, so I'm going to give this pretty much a higher rating.

4.5/5 stars
  5. RH.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Pure escapism, total in-your-face intense action from beginning to end. It is a fantastic movie because it makes you feel like a child with a new toy again.
  6. OptimusPrime
    Nov 18, 2007
    Mr. Tea, your IQ's dropping steadily because you rated this film so low! I saw this 2 times and the second time it was as action-packed, entertaining and thrilling as the first time (which by the way was amazing)! Everything you would want in a movie
  7. FatMan
    Jul 3, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. A real boy's movie - big boys toys, action, and sexy graphics all through it.
  8. ThomasL.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Anyone who is trashing the movie is a pompous ass with a stick shoved up there. Geez why can't some people just kick back and have a good time? This was one of the best times I have ever had in a movie theater. This is what summer movies are all about!!!
  9. MichaelJ.
    Mar 8, 2008
    All I can say is awesome, totally awesome!
  10. MartinP.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This is a real action movie! This is the type of movie for anyone who loves action movies. Transformers fans, you are bound to love this cuz I know I did!
  11. BrentD
    Jun 29, 2007
    This movie is sheer fun. The theater erupted everytime a new Transformer was introduced or an epic battle completed. By far, this movie has the best CGI of all time. Watched the pre-screening, now can't wait for it to arrive in theaters to see it again. INCREDIBLE!
  12. JaredB.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Growing up, I loved the "Transformers" cartoons. So, when the theatres started showing trailers for this film, I got very excited. After all, what guy doesn't want to see a movie where robots kick each other's butts? The dialogue was a bit on the chessy side, but, come on, who goes to see a summer action flick and expects Shakespeare-level dialogue? The visual effects in this Growing up, I loved the "Transformers" cartoons. So, when the theatres started showing trailers for this film, I got very excited. After all, what guy doesn't want to see a movie where robots kick each other's butts? The dialogue was a bit on the chessy side, but, come on, who goes to see a summer action flick and expects Shakespeare-level dialogue? The visual effects in this movie were amazing. Shia LaBeouf gives the best performance of his career, but, that's not saying much. The rest of the cast are absolutely perfect. I just have one thing to say about Megan Fox: Schwing!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  13. MikeP.
    Feb 20, 2008
    This movie has it all, comedy, action some romance and it all blends well together, this movie is great!
  14. JamesCool
    Mar 8, 2008
    Just like my last name, this movie is cool!
  15. MarioS.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Absolutely amazing.
  16. FreddyA
    Mar 25, 2009
    For all people that gave it less than 7 you guys are the most idiotic people in the world. This movie had everthing romance, comedy, action and the best cast crew you could think of. This movie even made me cry: the part when they took BumbleBee away from Sam Whitwicky. I absouletly loved "Transformers" best movie. Hope they make a part 2.
  17. JuniorW.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Year life transformers. Best 80's to current time movie.
  18. BooDiddy
    Jun 28, 2007
    Yeah was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be. Certainly much better than Bayes prior stuff.
  19. Tomas
    Jun 29, 2007
    I must say this is one of the biggest blockbusters this year Nothing can be compared with this masterpiece created for fun and such excitement Michael Bay made a great job with this Exact measure of comedy action SFX effects I dont know American cinematography should be proud with this also this one of the spielberg's childs so its worth every cent Watch it u wont regret it
  20. KyleT
    Mar 12, 2008
    Aside from the boring first half of the movie and the human cast that we don't really care about, Transformers is shown exactly the way it should be. This is the definitive moment in Transformers history, and it is no doubt the most fun movie to watch in 2007. Hopefully, Bay makes TF 2better, though.
  21. BrendanE.
    Mar 15, 2009
    This movie, starring Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox, might be one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Partially because, come on, it has Megan Fox in it. The combination of the special effects, a good, realistic plot, and great acting is one of the reasons for over $708 million in the box offices alone. Shia Labeouf plays a teenager who has just gotten his first car, which is a piece of This movie, starring Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox, might be one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Partially because, come on, it has Megan Fox in it. The combination of the special effects, a good, realistic plot, and great acting is one of the reasons for over $708 million in the box offices alone. Shia Labeouf plays a teenager who has just gotten his first car, which is a piece of crap. Little did he know that the car was really a highly sophisticated alien robot. The car was not alone, however, and soon the movie becomes a quintessential battle between good and evil. This intertwines the fates of Fox, and Labeouf. The battle includes multiple twists and just when you think you know how it is going to end, something happens that you didn't expect. I would definetly recommend this movie to people who enjoy action, and Megan Fox . Expand
  22. BillB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I don't know why this movie got any bad ratings. the effects were groundbreaking, it was funny, and of course it was more than meets the eye.
  23. QuentinW.
    Nov 29, 2007
    If I could vote 11 I would. This move brought life to the Transformers to which I held so dear. I cried the precise moment Jazz died. This movie made me seriously consider Chevy and of course I already like Mountain Dew. I'll love you always Transformers movie, Michael Bay you rock! I can't wait for the high-def version so I can watch it every day for the rest of my life.
  24. EdwardC.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Transformers is a crisp, focussed, interesting, intense awsome action/sci-fi movie with a touch of humor. This movie is very good, the script is flawless, but the direction is amazing, director Michael bay is totally fit for this concept, and Steven Spielberg, well he sure still does know how to make a good movie. The best movie of the year by far.
  25. LanceUppercut
    Jun 29, 2007
    Excellent movie. First movie this year that has lived up to its high expectations. Couldn't be more happier with the CGI.
  26. CassandraA.
    Aug 19, 2008
    Psh.. For those of you who thought this movie sucked I'm VERY surprised! It had its action/humor In it. Megan fox IS hot As well as Shia Labeouf I thought the actors were Great! It made perfect sense there wasn't a time where you were confused!!! Shia Is such an amazing actor im IN love with his humor and his movies!!! I give transformers a 10. Cant wait for part 2 to come out!!!!
  27. BrendanE.
    Mar 15, 2009
  28. ZyreneV
    Apr 21, 2009
    very nice movie...i wish trere will be Transformers 2.
  29. AdrianS.
    Jun 24, 2009
    It's amazing! on VFX, the Story, everything! You have to give it a shot... don't be narrow-minded.
  30. Aug 12, 2010
    Special Effects 9/10, Action 9/10, Score 10/10, Cinematography 9/10, Sound Design 9/10, Film Design 9/10, Characters 7/10, Acting 7/10, Story 7/10, Humor 7/10, Pacing 6/10,
    Basically it depends what your looking for, if you are a teen or want a really stylised action film you will probably love it, if you are an adult and want a deep sci-fi story you will probably hate it. The best scenes are 10/10 the worst scenes are 4/10, under no circumstances should you believe anyone that gives this film a score in the red, there are several films I absolutely hate but I rate them fairly for its audience. People that are giving this lower than 6 seem to be very bitter people in general. Not only that but they probably believe that District 9 has a very good story when infact its just a bunch of semi-suggestive anti apartheid images superimposed over some terrible jokes.
  31. Mar 21, 2011
    This is the movie that introduced me to the amazing world of Transformers. Awesome action scenes and a great sci-fi movie overall. Thank you Michael Bay!
  32. LouieA.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Awesome! Never thought it could be made into film. Makes 40-ish adults like me drool like a pockmarked kid. The viewers applauded after the screening.
  33. ShaneT.
    Jul 3, 2007
    This had the perfect mix of theme, feel, and dialogue of the oldschool show, and the action, pace, humor, and effects of todays big-budget movies. For me this movie was perfect in what it was; a movie about giant robots coming to earth and dealing with humans while searching for the key to possibly rebuilding their home. Oh, and blowing a whole lot of stuff up.
  34. AlfredM.
    Jul 4, 2007
    A truly epic movie to be seen! One of the best movies of the year alongside the 300!
  35. MF
    Jul 4, 2007
    A great flick for all, with good humor, a clear line between good guys and bad guys, awesome action sequences, and a feel good essence.
  36. JArr
    Jul 5, 2007
    seriously - why do some of you rate this so low? 0, 3, 4? that's ridiculous. i wish i could meet some of you in the street so i could f***in bury you into the ground instead of you bad-mouthing this movie. maybe it's the little kid in me trying to defend what memories i cherish about this franchise, but for you people to say it's deserving of such a low score is stupid. seriously - why do some of you rate this so low? 0, 3, 4? that's ridiculous. i wish i could meet some of you in the street so i could f***in bury you into the ground instead of you bad-mouthing this movie. maybe it's the little kid in me trying to defend what memories i cherish about this franchise, but for you people to say it's deserving of such a low score is stupid. some comments from users: "Since when is Optimus a Peterbuilt?" "This film is an Incredibly juvenile piece of garbage." "..a very, very, very bad movie."he ALWAYS has those stupid F**king 1 liners.. For example in this film "You shoot, i'll drive"." these are amongst a few. think about what you just wrote - one liners? well, let's see: you are a human trying to communicate with a robot from another world while in the middle of a gunfight. did you expect to hear a complete dissertation explaining what what the alien should do? or should she just drive and assume that the robot would know what she had in mind? i know it may have sounded kinda cheesy, but be a little more understanding to the situation. next - "juvenile piece of garbage?" whoever said this should be shot in the head. no SH*T. key word: juvenile. did you think the target demographic of this film would be the same as that of say The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Letter from Iwo Jima, Pretty Woman, or Eternal Sunshine? the point i'm trying to make is OBVIOUSLY Transformers was made with intent to draw in people who gave a damn about the series 20 years ago up until today, NOT for older people looking for real-life scenarios. take it as it is - a movie about robots in disguise. if your brain limits your acceptance of a creative idea such as robots changing into cars, then sorry - you're already off on the wrong foot. quote "bad acting...no plot" as i see so many people criticize Bay for his work, i wonder what kind of movie you people were expecting. no plot? good robots try to defend bad robots from taking over earth, and in doing so inadvertently involve a boy going through adolescent stages. COME ON WTF! you don't see the story? if you do a little bit of research, you'll also notice that Spike, in the original cartoon series, was also involved in a romantic affair so for you who disapprove of the love concept in the movie, this may have been a reason to include it. among other whines from users is product placement. seriously, if you were so busy looking for logos throughout the movie, you probably didn't want to see it to begin with and wanted to just pass time. do us all a favor and just shut your trap, keep your dumb comments to yourself, and just move along. so you saw "GMC" or "Pontiac." big deal, grow up. did it bother you that much that it ruined the movie? cry me a river. lastly for people complaining about what vehicles were used, i somewhat agree (ex. bumblebee not a bug), but you have to keep in mind that they were trying to blend in with times. honestly, i'm glad bumlebee wasn't a beetle because that whole car chase with him and barricade would have been weird (beetle vs mustang?). as for the others, optimus was a truck, jazz was a sportscar, (i guess, if you consider a solstice sporty?) and starscream was a plane. only possible gripe i can think of for this movie was megatron shouldn't be a plane and jazz should have been a better car. maybe my own comments on others may seem harsh, and for that i apologize, but i refuse to sit there and let a few bad user reports hinder other moviegoers from seeing this film, or let the rating drop considerably. everything about this flick deserves praise, regardless of your previous bias towards Bay. bottom line: no way should this movie be rated lower than a 7 (green = good on this site?). if you do, i'd like to know what kind of movies you DO approve of. constructive criticism should always be accepted, but saying a movie is completely worthless and not saying why doesn't do anything to help Expand
  37. DamonR.
    Jul 5, 2007
    If your hoping to see a thought provoking, soul stirring film...stay home. If you want to see a great summer blockbuster...then go see this movie. I am an old school transformer fan who was terrified of being let down. I was not.
  38. NukeF.
    Jul 5, 2007
    It loses one point from me due to some of the lame humor (most notably the "urination" jokes). Regardless, this is the ultimate summer action flick, a slam-bang-crash parade of "WOW" moments that made me feel like a kid again. The CGI work is so convincing, I forgot it was CGI at all. It's the most fun I've had at the movies in a long, long time.
  39. Adam
    Jul 6, 2007
    This movie was amazing. The intensity in which Bay approached this film came through on the big screen. I find some of the negative comments on the internet about this film hilarious. Many people came out of this film saying none of the characters had any progression and that it was a typical Michael Bay film. First of all, this is a movie about gigantic robots that turn into cars and This movie was amazing. The intensity in which Bay approached this film came through on the big screen. I find some of the negative comments on the internet about this film hilarious. Many people came out of this film saying none of the characters had any progression and that it was a typical Michael Bay film. First of all, this is a movie about gigantic robots that turn into cars and smash/shoot/destroy everything around them -- where is the necessity for character progression? In addition, if this were anything less than a typical Bay film, I would've been disappointed. This movie was an action packed thrill ride that never disappointed. Shia and Megan's chemistry on set was amazing. Bay did a great job of addressing several different characters while managing to get across the storyline. Had this movie been any shorter, we would've been disappointed that he left things out. This movie lived up to every childhood expectation I ever had and I was pleased with the film as a whole. Expand
  40. ConnorH.
    Aug 30, 2007
    It's big. It's loud. It's fun. Whats not to like?
  41. SimonM.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Awsome movie, only complaint: TOO MANY HUMANS!! not enough focus on the Transformers and their inter personal stories. Hopefully they'll fix that in 2
  42. AndyW.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I'm beginning to think that people have actually no opinions on this website and just try and go along with what critics say so they think they're right. form your own opinion! this movie was great. better than the more recent spiderman sequel which was one of my least favorite movies of the summer. And thank you, megan fox. i love you!
  43. SamN.
    Jul 10, 2007
    Oh. My. God. Transformers is the biggest and 2nd best movie Michael Bay has ever done (I'm partial to Armageddon). The screen is filled with awe-inspiring visuals and there is no lack of intense action to be had. Surprisingly, Transformers isn't just a 2 and a half hour action scene (unlike Live Free or Die hard). The acting and script are surprisingly solid, especially Oh. My. God. Transformers is the biggest and 2nd best movie Michael Bay has ever done (I'm partial to Armageddon). The screen is filled with awe-inspiring visuals and there is no lack of intense action to be had. Surprisingly, Transformers isn't just a 2 and a half hour action scene (unlike Live Free or Die hard). The acting and script are surprisingly solid, especially Labeouf's entertaining performance as Sam Witwicky. If there's anything not to like about the film, it's the occasionally balance issue. There are plenty of epic sequences in the film and plenty of humorous ones too (it's a very funny movie), but sometimes the scenes can intertwine, leading to some annoyances. It's kind of hard to find an epic feeling as Sam and his new girlfriend Mikaela (played by the stunning Megan Fox) marveling at the the sighting of Bumblebee in his robotic form when Sam is standing around with a shirt but not boxers. Still, it's a fantastic movie and should not be missed. Expand
    Jul 2, 2007
    I haven't been that excited wathcing a movie in years. The film is amazing. This is what summer movies are all about!!!!!!
  45. MarcoA.
    Jul 2, 2007
    I've seen it in Italy. It's so funny! Shia Le Beuf is a Dustin Hoffman type guy, perfectly in part. Cars, Mega robot, hot brainy chicks, jokes, fun dialogues: there's all you can expect from a blockbuster. After three boring sequels, finally the real summer hit. Marco
  46. bitcloud
    Jul 3, 2007
    Perfect staging with amazing action driven by human drama that is delivered via a solid cast. Humor action special FX, and a perfect rendition of the Transformers to film. The best action movie I've ever seen.
  47. DerekG
    Jul 3, 2007
    Worth every penny, and I'm going back tomorrow to see it again!
  48. JohnU.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Amazing Movie, everyone in the theater cheered through the whole movie, they cheered when optimus prime appeared, they cheered when megatron came alive, and they cheered wildly at the end
  49. guyp.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Wow! ...stupendous entertainment for the hot , hot summer break. I waited through 5 power outtages at my local imax to see this thing and it was worth the $12.00 ticket!
  50. BrendanC.
    Jul 3, 2007
    This movie was unbelieveable! It was the best movie I've seen all year. It has great humour and so much action, but best ofd all, it has good acting! Special Effects were stunning and this is definatly a film you must got to see if you 10 or older. Humour is a bit crude for anyone under 10, violence is a bit much for anyone under 10. 9.8/10
  51. GregoryC.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Saw the sneak preview last night and it was amazing. i was blown away from the beginning to the end. the whole crowd was into it and clapping the whole way through. great experience definitely go see.
  52. JeffS.
    Jul 4, 2007
    Took my 11 and 8 yr old boys to it with my wife. We all loved it, boys said it was the best movie they'd ever seen. My wife and I were surprised - we really liked it too. The actors seemed to be having a really good time making this movie and there were some heartwarming moments, some good comedy, and most of all, non-stop action with some of the coolest CGI I've ever seen. I Took my 11 and 8 yr old boys to it with my wife. We all loved it, boys said it was the best movie they'd ever seen. My wife and I were surprised - we really liked it too. The actors seemed to be having a really good time making this movie and there were some heartwarming moments, some good comedy, and most of all, non-stop action with some of the coolest CGI I've ever seen. I felt like I'd witnessed the next level of movie craft similarly to how I felt when I saw the Matrix for the first time. Expand
  53. JasonV
    Jul 4, 2007
    I find it funny that the critics of publications such as The New York Times and The Onion can't seem to understand that the movie is targeted towards kids and teenage males. Either they were never fond of giant robots or they just forgot how to be a kid. A great movie all around. The cgi effects are worth the price of admission.
  54. Michelle
    Jul 4, 2007
    I thought it was awesome. The special effects were amazing. I grew up on the original transformers, so I thought it was ingenious how quickly and smoothly they transformed. I didn't like the sexual humor, which made me give it a 9 instead of a 10.
  55. CodyL
    Jul 4, 2007
    It's a Michael Bay movie.....about fighting robots. Anybody who whines about it not having a plot went to see the wrong movie. Don't expect a compelling storyline or major character development. This isn't an art house flick. It's giant robots destroying each other and everything in their wake. And it totally delivers.
  56. RobertB.
    Jul 5, 2007
    LOVED it. I'm a fan grew up on the cartoon and toys but that doesn't change the fact that it was a fantastic movie. and i know someone will say ya "FANtastic" It had that absolute best CGI that is possible out there. it pushed ILM's computers etc to their absolute limits, nothing out there can even come close. HUGE explosions. great car chases ala normal Michael bay. it was LOVED it. I'm a fan grew up on the cartoon and toys but that doesn't change the fact that it was a fantastic movie. and i know someone will say ya "FANtastic" It had that absolute best CGI that is possible out there. it pushed ILM's computers etc to their absolute limits, nothing out there can even come close. HUGE explosions. great car chases ala normal Michael bay. it was funny, more then I expected. I personally think it's one of my new favourite movies. If your a fan you will LOVE IT! if your not a fan you will love it. you owe it to yourself to at least check it out. Expand
  57. DrewF
    Jul 5, 2007
    It's really quite simple. If you grew up with the TRANSFORMERS, you are going to LOVE this movie. If you didn't you probably should go see something else. I loved it. "What this movie needs, though, is more Soundwave!"
  58. Alex
    Jul 5, 2007
    downright awesome. definitely the best movie of the summer, at least so far. Transformers featured some of the most amazing CGI work i have ever seen, and every scene featuring the transformers looked incredible. there were a few low spots, but nothing terribly bad. I've never been a big fan of Shia Lebouf's movies, but in Transformers it seems like he's evolving from downright awesome. definitely the best movie of the summer, at least so far. Transformers featured some of the most amazing CGI work i have ever seen, and every scene featuring the transformers looked incredible. there were a few low spots, but nothing terribly bad. I've never been a big fan of Shia Lebouf's movies, but in Transformers it seems like he's evolving from another faceless disney star into a more mature and interesting actor. although, for a 2.5 hour movie, there could have been a little more plot/character development from the movie, especially when it came to the Decepticons. they were pretty much just randomly introduced about 3/4 of the way through the movie, and then the big fight began. still, i would definitely go see it again, and cannot wait for the DVD. 9.0 out of 10. Expand
  59. tonydannie
    Jul 6, 2007
    My Favorite summer movie yet. Great fun. Great action. Michael Bay is slowly redeming himself in my opinion. The Island was good too... oh wait. That was the first movie he did away from Bruckheimer. and now Transformers with spielberg. Hmmm...makes you think a bit don't it?
  60. pedroG
    Jul 6, 2007
    the best movie i ever saw
  61. JackB
    great
  62. PhilpT.
    Jul 7, 2007
    I loved the action scenes, but as a fan of the series I would have liked to see more relationship between Starscream and Megatron.
  63. JavierM.
    Jul 9, 2007
    So much for movie critics huh? I believe that M. Knight Shamalan (however you spell his name) was right to kill a critic on his movie. Wow I wonder if these critics saw the same movie i saw. I have to say that it was it did not leave me wanting. So what they did not give you a detailed background on each and every character. Since when do we go to a movie for a history channel special. So much for movie critics huh? I believe that M. Knight Shamalan (however you spell his name) was right to kill a critic on his movie. Wow I wonder if these critics saw the same movie i saw. I have to say that it was it did not leave me wanting. So what they did not give you a detailed background on each and every character. Since when do we go to a movie for a history channel special. Easy plot, good action, funny. I give this movie a 10 yes thats right a 10. Expand
  64. Jesse
    Oct 16, 2007
    It's just fun! seriously.
  65. michealB.
    Oct 24, 2007
    This is one of the coolest movies ever. Period. This SUPPOSED TO BE AN ACTION MOVIE and is one of the most bad ass ever made. Whoever says it isn't ,doesn't like action, and shouldn't comment on it at all.
  66. TammyC
    Oct 6, 2007
    Loved this movie, can't wait for the DVD. In fact I have it pre-ordered already
  67. AlecT.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Good fun, with only a couple of cringe-worthy sappy moments. The only major downside was the product placement, which was very much in your face. The Panasonic SD card and the GM cars being the standout examples. SPOILER: Golden moment - the All Spark hits a drink vending machine and turns it into a Decepticon that launches cans of soft drink from its weapon. Priceless.
  68. DecepticonPom
    Jun 30, 2007
    "Michael Bay in good movie shock!" I've dreamed of a this movie becoming a reality for 22 years. I'm still reeling from it coming from one of cinemas worst directors!
  69. CliffP.
    Jul 1, 2007
    No you will not receive any insights into the human condition or the universe watching Transformers, a movie about a toy franchise. What you do get is a profoundly entertaining summer popcorn movie, a cheesy and thoroughly preposterous smashup that also manages to be Michael Bay's first genuinely satisfying movie. And the special effects are just ludicrous to behold.
  70. KeeganP
    Jul 12, 2007
    It irritates me that people are so anxious to trash this movie because of the fact that Michael Bay directed it. It wasn't even cool to diss Michael Bay until South Park, and now every one loves to hate him because of the South Park precedent. Everyone should face the fact that mindlessly regurgitating opinions from South Park is the kind of mindlessness that South Park lampoons in It irritates me that people are so anxious to trash this movie because of the fact that Michael Bay directed it. It wasn't even cool to diss Michael Bay until South Park, and now every one loves to hate him because of the South Park precedent. Everyone should face the fact that mindlessly regurgitating opinions from South Park is the kind of mindlessness that South Park lampoons in every episode. I went to the movie not expecting much but finding that the movie actually had a soul that transcended being a built-to-order movie that would only please nerd devotees and actually became a film that was enjoyable because it played both to nostalgia (having grown up with transformers myself) and to enjoyability/ having a soul. Just because it is cool to trash a director doesn't mean that you can't at least watch the movie first before you get your opinions decided for you. Expand
  71. BrettS
    Jul 15, 2007
    The best Michael Bay film yet. Exciting, great special effects and great touches of humor. We need more of these movies, a film I can takes my kids to see that is both for kids and adults. The box office receipts speak for themselves. The public loves it, critics hate it. Star Wars had the same problem in 1976.
  72. MichaelM.
    Jul 1, 2007
    This movie is the GREATEST movie of all time! I cannot possibly watch a movie that lacks transformers of any sort after watching this MASTERPEICE! If you hated Transformers, this movie will convert you to a Transfan and then you will be immersed into the purified awesomeness of this magnificent artwork that TOTALLY craps all over Star Wars, Harry Potter and LOTR and any other movie ever This movie is the GREATEST movie of all time! I cannot possibly watch a movie that lacks transformers of any sort after watching this MASTERPEICE! If you hated Transformers, this movie will convert you to a Transfan and then you will be immersed into the purified awesomeness of this magnificent artwork that TOTALLY craps all over Star Wars, Harry Potter and LOTR and any other movie ever made and then kicks them in the family jewels so bloody hard that they will be vomiting them out! You MUST watch this movie! At least a million times in the cinema before buying the DVD! Expand
  73. AndyChapman
    Jul 17, 2007
    First of all that film was AMAZING! but secondly can anyone tell me what song is being played when the camaro (bumblebee) drives off and comes back as the new camaro? i would be very grateful as it has been bugging me ever since i saw the movie! lol
  74. kenanh.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Megan Fox and Shia Labeouf need to get married. The action was ridiculous and Megan Fox was also breathtakingly amazing.
  75. daniel
    Jul 2, 2007
    If you know there is some cheese factor carried over from trhe cartoon you will enjoy this great action movie.
  76. RyanT
    Jul 2, 2007
    This movie was amazing. Bay was made for this kind of movie and it felt like watching the first episode of the show if it was remade. It is also extremely well done visually.
  77. PizH
    Jul 23, 2007
    This movie was amazing. I've seen it 5 times and it has been just as good every time. The plot was a little loose but the effects were utterly amazing. Also, the added humor and wit of Shia Labouf was unexpected but made the movie multi-dimensional. Can't wait for the sequel!
  78. GregM.
    Jul 26, 2007
    Fantastic! This is what a summer blockbuster is supposed to be. Awesome Action. The CGI is seamless and real. The thing that suprised me the most was how funny the movie was. Michael Bay nailed the tone that a movie based on a cartoon and toy should be. Tongue and cheek and silly while delivering jaw dropping action scenes. Well done. Plus Optimus Prime is the coolest character ever!
  79. AMovieFan
    Jul 3, 2007
    Transformers; A- I was really surprised. I didn't expect this movie to be as funny as it was. It's got such a great sense of humor, the action scenes are incredible, the effects are amazing, the characters are likable..... Steve Jablonsky provides a really cool musical score, too. It's overall a really fun movie and a real crowd-pleaser, even though you have to tolerate the Transformers; A- I was really surprised. I didn't expect this movie to be as funny as it was. It's got such a great sense of humor, the action scenes are incredible, the effects are amazing, the characters are likable..... Steve Jablonsky provides a really cool musical score, too. It's overall a really fun movie and a real crowd-pleaser, even though you have to tolerate the occasionally (let's face it,) nerdy subject matter. I just really, REALLY, wish directors these days would please KEEP THEIR MOVIES UNDER 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!! It's getting pretty ridiculous now. Some editing to shorten the movie a bit and it would have been perfect. Easily director Michael Bay's 2nd best film (behind the excellent The Island.) Expand
  80. Alanna
    Jul 3, 2007
    This movie was great. Action packed and everything you'd want. Also, the acting was much better than in most action movies. Exciting and fun, and Shia Labeouf was great!
  81. seanh.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Optimus Prime freakin kicks a$$!!!
  82. ShantanuB.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Great entertainment! Good mix of action and humor. Hope we see a lot more of Megan Fox!!
  83. AndrewP.
    Jul 3, 2007
    For those critic who were not impressed...Did any of you watch the original TV series...They were robots with personality and Bay stuck to what us 11 year old at hearts remember. Hearing Optimus Prime speak on the big screen brought me back to my childhood...Bay finally brought the movie I have always wanted to the big screen...And everyone in the packed theater...from the For those critic who were not impressed...Did any of you watch the original TV series...They were robots with personality and Bay stuck to what us 11 year old at hearts remember. Hearing Optimus Prime speak on the big screen brought me back to my childhood...Bay finally brought the movie I have always wanted to the big screen...And everyone in the packed theater...from the applause...loved it as well...thanks Micheal Bay. Expand
  84. salm
    Jul 3, 2007
    Fantastic action movie....great effects, good enough story and great portrayals. Go see it!
  85. GreganD.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Amazing flock, loved almost every second of it. Can't wait for the sequel.
  86. JonC.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Awesome movie, dialogue could've probably been a little better and I thought the humor was too involved in the movie (although it was good humor, not Evan Almighty esque for sure), but the special effects and acting was phenomenal, which more than makes up for all of that.
  87. KeithA.
    Jul 3, 2007
    The best movie I've seen in a long time! Shia LaBeuf brings charm and skill to the role. The movie has A LOT of laughs. The action/special effects are breathtaking. As far as entertainment goes, it was a masterpiece. Bay gets criticized for mediocre films like Pearl Harbor, but with the help of Speilberg, he has truly redeemed himself with this one. It's the perfect summer The best movie I've seen in a long time! Shia LaBeuf brings charm and skill to the role. The movie has A LOT of laughs. The action/special effects are breathtaking. As far as entertainment goes, it was a masterpiece. Bay gets criticized for mediocre films like Pearl Harbor, but with the help of Speilberg, he has truly redeemed himself with this one. It's the perfect summer movie, and I recommend it to EVERYONE. Expand
  88. DavidC
    Jul 4, 2007
    This film actually brought a tear to my eye! It inspired me that a cartoon I watched while growing up could be transformed into something LIFELIKE! To hear the transformation sound, to watch robots seemingly defy laws of physics, to feel them take on human aspects, maybe more human than human, was amazing. Best film of the year, PERIOD! All films should be judged by what they intended to This film actually brought a tear to my eye! It inspired me that a cartoon I watched while growing up could be transformed into something LIFELIKE! To hear the transformation sound, to watch robots seemingly defy laws of physics, to feel them take on human aspects, maybe more human than human, was amazing. Best film of the year, PERIOD! All films should be judged by what they intended to deliver. If animation at its finest, fleshed out (pun intended) with a believable plot is what you want to see, go see this movie! Expand
  89. EricH.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This movie is all about the action...and boy does it come in spades...the story is a filler, but if you came for the store, your dumb. This movie fulfills in the action department, and that's good enough for me.
  90. ArmandoL.
    Jul 4, 2007
    I would say the best movie of the year after the movie my wife was like "spider man who" and yeah that's what is all about, all the old heads and stupid people that waste their time just to talk crap about the movie are f&^%$^) dumb because they never had a childhood, so I will say to all those old people to stay in your wheelchairs and keep watching discovery channel because I would say the best movie of the year after the movie my wife was like "spider man who" and yeah that's what is all about, all the old heads and stupid people that waste their time just to talk crap about the movie are f&^%$^) dumb because they never had a childhood, so I will say to all those old people to stay in your wheelchairs and keep watching discovery channel because that's all they do. Expand
  91. RaniS
    Jul 4, 2007
    I loved it. There were a couple of cheesy lines but overall the effects were stunning. This movie is what a movie should be: entertaining.
  92. JasonT.
    Jul 4, 2007
    I think its funny that these some so called critics of whatever professional level they claim to hail from, have picked this movie apart and snubbed it. Its obviously not a movie with some sort of intricate plot or character depth (in my opinion, the characters were very well done). Its about theatrical enjoyment, sitting back and having a good time. Why do these critics need to have so I think its funny that these some so called critics of whatever professional level they claim to hail from, have picked this movie apart and snubbed it. Its obviously not a movie with some sort of intricate plot or character depth (in my opinion, the characters were very well done). Its about theatrical enjoyment, sitting back and having a good time. Why do these critics need to have so much more to make a movie work. In real life there isn't much backdrop to people, when you meet someone, the persons life story isn't unfolded in front of you. Give me a break. All in all the movie was a success. I am proud that Bay was able to bring the Transformers to life and bring their battle to the big screen. The CGI was flawless, the action was over the top and Shia and Megan rocked . Thank you Michael Bay for this movie, I hope to see a sequel. Expand
  93. SusanM.
    Jul 4, 2007
    "It's better than Armageddon!" Michael Bay spoofed himself with this line straight outta the movie, but he was right. This was definitely better than Armageddon, it is his best work actually. I'm not a Bay fan, but I am a huge Transformer's fan, so instead of being disappointed like I was expecting to be, I was actually satisfied and impressed! Great job Michael. This movie "It's better than Armageddon!" Michael Bay spoofed himself with this line straight outta the movie, but he was right. This was definitely better than Armageddon, it is his best work actually. I'm not a Bay fan, but I am a huge Transformer's fan, so instead of being disappointed like I was expecting to be, I was actually satisfied and impressed! Great job Michael. This movie is not supposed to make you think; it's not one of those movies which you have discussions over afterward. It is, however, what summertime is supposed to be all about. Welcome back summer blockbuster, finally a movie that delivers. Expand
  94. child331
    Jul 4, 2007
    The critics can nitpick all they want, I pay admission to be entertained for a couple hours, and entertained I was with this film. Fantastic special F/X, strong connection to the old cartoons and a huge budget made this movie worth the price of admission. I hope they'll start working on part 2 right away!!
  95. BilB
    Jul 4, 2007
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It packed everything one could expect into a high action movie and loads of comedy as well.
  96. GunM.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This is the Micheal Bay's greatest movie ever.
  97. Steven
    Jul 5, 2007
    First off, only those who are fans of Transformers will probably find this movie worth watching. So if you are, it's a MUST see! Michael Bay spared no expense in the visual and audio departments, making you giddy everytime you see and hear any transformation. Shia LaBeouf proves himself a capable actor, even if he is a little bumbling (a la Ben Stiller). Overall though, a great movie First off, only those who are fans of Transformers will probably find this movie worth watching. So if you are, it's a MUST see! Michael Bay spared no expense in the visual and audio departments, making you giddy everytime you see and hear any transformation. Shia LaBeouf proves himself a capable actor, even if he is a little bumbling (a la Ben Stiller). Overall though, a great movie for Transformer fans, and a must see. Expand
  98. JoseF.
    Jul 5, 2007
    The movie was INCREDIBLE! Over the top action scenes with BIG GIANT ROBOTS, who cares about the story! As simple as the story was, it reflected the cheesiness of the original cartoons story lines so in that sense it didn't bother me at all. It had some busy action shots that could've been cleaner, but that's Bays style. And to me for every 5 busy shots he also had 1 that The movie was INCREDIBLE! Over the top action scenes with BIG GIANT ROBOTS, who cares about the story! As simple as the story was, it reflected the cheesiness of the original cartoons story lines so in that sense it didn't bother me at all. It had some busy action shots that could've been cleaner, but that's Bays style. And to me for every 5 busy shots he also had 1 that was REALLY GOOD and well worth it. The humor was great and Shia LaBeouf did a great job as an actor! Perfect role for him. They really pushed the bar with the visual effects on this one...CG effects were seem-less with the live action. Just WOW! The humor in the film and all the little hint of reference to other 80's cartoons was great. Did anyone noiced the "GI Joe" planes at the beginning? Girl with a "My Little Pony" And of course all the classic one liners from Optimus Prime, they almost seem they were taken out directly from the cartoon itself! So that to me, is why I mostly enjoyed it. This movie brought out the kid in me, something a few have done before!! As complete fan of growing up with the cartoons (GEN 1) I think they nailed it from the basic cheesy story line and humor to the personalities of each robot. I would have to give it a 9 (take off one point because Bay didn't use Starscream as much). Hopefully, there would be more of him in the sequel. Expand
  99. ThomasS
    Jul 5, 2007
    Everything I expected. Definetely met my expectations for a great summer popcorn movie with some spectacular special effects. Can't wait for the sequel.
  100. AWall
    Jul 5, 2007
    This movie was amazing. I have not seen a movie with such epic proportions in a long time! Well done Michael Bay and Spielberg! I am definately watching this again and on iMAX as well as purchasing this on HD-DVD or BluRat.

1. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Big, loud and full of testosterone-fueled car fantasies, Michael Bay's actioner hits a new peak for CGI work, showcasing spectacular chases and animated transformation sequences seamlessly blended into live-action surroundings.
  2. Transformers is a wet dream for fanboys, with vehicles that whiz and whir into alien robots, spectacular sci-fi stunt chases, glistening military hardware, overheated computer software and brainy, hot girls who love Popular Mechanics.
    In previous movies, Michael Bay dabbled wearily in Homo sapiens. At last he has summoned the courage to admit that he has an exclusive crush on machines, and I congratulate him on creating, in Transformers, his first truly honest work of art.