6.9

1. Sep 5, 2011
    This live-action adaptation of the TV shows and the toy franchise tells the story about the battle between the autobots and the decepticons as they search for the AllSpark, a device so powerful that can turn mechanics into robots. When it lands on earth, Optimus Prime and the other autobots meet a boy named Sam Witwicky and seeks his help along with his girlfriend Mikaela to find the AllSpark and put an end to the decepticons once and for all.

I saw the trailers for this movie, but I have missed my chances of seeing it in theaters. So, I waited to get it on DVD and viola! I now have the movie and I was excited when it met my expectations.

Michael Bay did really well on his directing and the storyline was well-paced together. The cinematography and casting were great, even Shia Lebeouf and Megan Fox's performances were so good and they make a great screen couple. The Witwicky parents weren't given enough screen time, but I think they did pretty well with their comedic moments. The actors that voiced the autobots and the decepticons turned out to be great and they are just like the ones from the TV shows.

The humor was so hilarious, and the best humor part was the pee joke which I really laughed during the movie.

The action scenes were very darn good. I think that Michael Bay was a fan of action scenes from the TV show and did very well at shooting them just to make it look real.

The CGI effects from the Industrial Light and Magic company was that good and it fits well for the action sequences.

The music score was riveting and very cool and it gave some emotion in the whole movie.

I am going to point that there aren't any negative things to say about this movie and the 57% rating is a little bit low for my expectations, so I'm going to give this pretty much a higher rating.

4.5/5 stars
  2. Nov 7, 2010
    Ah, my kind of stupid. You know what, I love dumb movies. As long as I care about the characters, i'll have a great time. Well, this is one of those movies that defines this. This movie is way too friggin cool!! Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg deliver a heart-pounding, explosive blast of a time!! Filled with action, explosions, epic robots, and the hottest girl to walk on the earth, Transformers is an incredibly awesome blast that you have to watch. Expand
  3. Aug 12, 2010
    Special Effects 9/10, Action 9/10, Score 10/10, Cinematography 9/10, Sound Design 9/10, Film Design 9/10, Characters 7/10, Acting 7/10, Story 7/10, Humor 7/10, Pacing 6/10,
    Basically it depends what your looking for, if you are a teen or want a really stylised action film you will probably love it, if you are an adult and want a deep sci-fi story you will probably hate it. The best scenes
    are 10/10 the worst scenes are 4/10, under no circumstances should you believe anyone that gives this film a score in the red, there are several films I absolutely hate but I rate them fairly for its audience. People that are giving this lower than 6 seem to be very bitter people in general. Not only that but they probably believe that District 9 has a very good story when infact its just a bunch of semi-suggestive anti apartheid images superimposed over some terrible jokes. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2011
    This is the movie that introduced me to the amazing world of Transformers. Awesome action scenes and a great sci-fi movie overall. Thank you Michael Bay!
  5. Mar 27, 2011
    Posted on 3/20/11 02:35 PM
    I know a number of you are going to disagree with my rating for this film, but you know what? Screw it, I loved this movie. Yes, Transformers has Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox acting front and center with a storyline that isn't as interesting as it tries to be, but remind me, whats the title of the film? Transformers. So, who are the true stars of this movie? THE
    TRANSFORMERS! We didn't watch this movie to see the character developments of Sam Witwicky and Mikaela, we watched it to let our brains off the hook and watch huge CGI autobots fight it out with huge CGI Decepticons, and in that department, the film succeeds, and even surpassess expectations. Huge battles taking place in the desert, on the highway, right in the centre of town, Michael Bay is not afraid to show off the CG-eye candy with (what else?) explosions and big destructions. As for the human side of things, you know Sam and Mikaela are going to get together before long in the film because, well, they're the films leads, but its not too terrible seeing them on their journey to becoming together. Jon Tuturro and Sams parents are funnier than they have any right to be, and Sams mom definately shines in the comedy (or awkwardness, depending on your viewing) when she asks Sam if he's been, ahem, "partaking in bedroom exercises" Yeah, we all know this film isn't perfect, one such scene is when Sam manages to outrun Megatron, a decepticon who could simply take a few steps forward and catch up to Sam, but doesnt seem to manage to. Also, quite a bit (okay, a LOT) of the dialogue is bad and cringe-worthy. Also, the film may be Transformers, but quite a bit of the film is centred on Sam and Mikaela, so don't go in expecting wall to wall Optimus and Bumblebee and Starscream. In the same year we got trilogy dissapointments such as Spiderman 3, Shrek the Turd and POTC: At Worlds End, its great to have the Transformers there to pick up our year. Just a shame we got Revenge of the Fallen though... Expand
  6. Jan 8, 2011
    I do enjoy this movie. The action is sleek, and the voice actors are top notch, with great special effects. There are several nodds to the series, which is fun for the older fan. It does suffer from being a big action flick, but this is giant robots fighting, so that is pretty much the territory. The Autobot's shine in the film, and that is just the way I like it. Yes, it isn't the most artistic film out there by a long shot, but it is enjoyable! Expand
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    very good popcorn-action-cinema. For fans of the Transformer-series very satisfying.
  8. May 4, 2011
    First off i rate movies more by the entertainment value not the fancy specifics that make some film "GREAT". Well this movie is my Favorite novie of all time. It has intense action, a very interesting story, Awesome and bad ass characters, and some awesome special effects. The story is simple yet highly entertaining. Two kinds of alien robots (the Autobots and the Decepticons) are searching for a power artifact from cybertron called the All-Spark. While the Autobots plan to use the cube( the All Spark) to rebuild their home the decepticons want to use use the cube for evil. Both groups track the cube to Earth. That is the introduction in less awesome words by Optimus Prime leader of the Autobots. Chaos ensues in the next scene as Major Lennox and his team is introduced during an attack on their base in Quatar by a Decepticon. The next character introduced is Sam Witwicky, a teenager hell bent on selling his great grandfathers trinkets used in an expedition to the arctic circle which plays key to the story so he can buy a car. That car turns out to be the Autobot Bumble Bee. And of course Chaos ensues afer that as well. Thats all ill say on the story. The acting is really good if your interested in that, but the special effects also help make a real unique experience. By far the best movie ever!!!( or for me at least) Expand
  9. Feb 16, 2011
    Pure escapism, total in-your-face intense action from beginning to end. It is a fantastic movie because it makes you feel like a child with a new toy again.
  10. Feb 22, 2011
    Great Movie!!! Very Action packed. It's wasn't the same Transformers that I grew up on. It's very action packed and if you don't like action movies,then you will not like this one. If you don't know what the transformers were about you may not understand the movie. Go with the flow,good movie,great story line, lots of action.
  11. Jun 20, 2011
    Although i would've prefered the Transformers to look more like their original counterparts(especially Megatron in Robot form & Optimus Prime in Vehicle form),& to have the original megatrons voice to add to Peter Cullens Optimus Prime,this is a massively entertaining movie! In terms of story,humour,characters,special effects & action.Thhis movie is definately up there with my other favorates.I dont get the Micheal Bay hating though.He makes great action movies,end of. Expand
  12. Jul 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When Decepticons arose to power, I really hoped they at least would
    resist good to the "good guys", but they just had so many flaws and
    were so easily destroyed even by humans, well let's put aside these
    inconsistencies with reality, the film main audience are naive
    teenagers, only they can't get annoyed by film's apartness from
    reality. And also implementing a political undertone in the beginning
    of the film, it doesn't add courageousness when you just repeat
    "official stance" on specific matter, would have been much insightful if it was in contrary to the state's stance or even better don't add such a controversial topic as Iran's nuclear program because it's not the only country to have it and I'm pretty much sure no one ever asks or investigates their motives for doing so and it can be said with no doubt, they wouldn't come up with this for no reason or just because they're evil. So minus for adding political propaganda, even if there's a little of it.
  13. Mar 2, 2012
    Transformers almost feels like an entirely new genre of film. Surprisingly, these robots in disguise actually have personalities, and you want to care for these characters.
  14. Feb 5, 2012
    Great visuals and actions with bullets and missiles flying by. This movie is like a complete military showdown. But there should be more actions where the Autobots fight the Deception.
  15. Nov 29, 2012
    I hadn't seen this movie in a while and I forgot just how much I enjoyed it. I thought the action sequences were incredible and if nothing else, these make the movie worth watching. However, I also thought the cast was great. Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, and many others make up a deep and talented supporting cast and while Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox both take a lot of heat for various reasons, I thought both of them were fantastic in this film. I also enjoyed how the plots developed. You have varying aspects of the entire story developing separately and with different styles but they merge in the end seamlessly. There were also plenty of funny moments that get some laughs. Most of them of by way of comedic relief characters in the decepticons but a lot of the dialogue was also humorous. Overall, this movie is definitely one of my favorite comic/superhero movies. Expand
  16. Aug 25, 2014
    I was repeating **** beautiful" in my head throughout the movie. It looks good, it sounds good, there is just right amount of action and humor - and one watch won't definitely be enough!

I never watched the cartoon on TV, but this still hits right to the core for me.

The camera-angles are a bit shaky and blurry at times, but it gives the movie more speed and a sense of realism.

Even if some aspects of the story are definite clich├ęs, and there aren't any real shocking revelations, it is still an enjoyable movie.

Go and watch!
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    Perhaps the best special effects I've ever seen in a movie. The transformations are amazing not to mention super-awesome. The CGI fits in seamlessly with the live action and it's easy to forget how logistically difficult a lot of it would have been to film.
  18. Mar 26, 2012
    Michael Bay has finally made a good film. The story was rock solid with visuals that were excellent. Even though I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress she didn't do a horrible job. I think everyone would enjoy this film.
  19. Mar 14, 2013
    This movie has got really good effects. Also it doesn't gets you bored. There is some funny part, some dramatic parts. This movie is full of action. If you want to watch a movie which do you want to impress you then you should watch this movie.
  20. Sep 6, 2013
    This is how Michael Bay make horrible movies into good, explosive, and entertaining summer movies. The fans of the classic Transformers franchise or the old-school Michael Bay movies won't be disappointed watching this.
  21. Sep 22, 2014
    Loud music , best action sequences ! = A hell of a good action roller coaster !!!!!!.( i'm not that kind of obsessed transformers kinda guy but i am an Optimus fan also a little bit of a micheal bay fan.) , Shia LeBouf plays a nerd who likes this hot girl Megan Fox ( actually she is not that hot now then she was)
    then he buys a car then the car is actually a TRANSFORMER ! then a
    transformer battle begins now LeoBouf has to stop it . wow what a good story from director Micheal Bay and Writers John Rogers , Roberto Orci , Alex Kurtzman. Lets talk about the transformers voice cast i love peter cullen as the great and Powerful Optimus prime who is my favorite character in this film also great Transformer performances by Mark Ryan as Bumblebee and Hugo Weaving as Megatron. I know that Micheal Bay basically put non stop stereotypes for characters like Megan Fox as the hot girl also Bernie Mac as the car dealer. Also Micheal Bay has a bad direction in directing movies also the fact he does not know how to make a picture if number 1: Stops trying to have stereotypes actors for dumb roles. Number 2: NO more dumb jokes to add to to your movies ! take my advice bay. Micheal Bay is the not my exact favorite ' director' but his films have impressed me with films like ( Armageddon , Bad Boys) also inspired me with his imagination. Grade A+. Grade for Micheal Bay A- Expand
  22. May 17, 2014
    Transformers (2007) is an awsome movie. The CGI effects are so great that they look real. The action is amazing. The transformers are great. I recement this movie to people who loves giant robots and much action (There are small action scenes in the first half and a big battle in the end).

1. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Big, loud and full of testosterone-fueled car fantasies, Michael Bay's actioner hits a new peak for CGI work, showcasing spectacular chases and animated transformation sequences seamlessly blended into live-action surroundings.
  2. Transformers is a wet dream for fanboys, with vehicles that whiz and whir into alien robots, spectacular sci-fi stunt chases, glistening military hardware, overheated computer software and brainy, hot girls who love Popular Mechanics.
    In previous movies, Michael Bay dabbled wearily in Homo sapiens. At last he has summoned the courage to admit that he has an exclusive crush on machines, and I congratulate him on creating, in Transformers, his first truly honest work of art.