Transformers

6.9

1. Jun 23, 2016
    transfomrers is live action film, it has optimus and is autobots who are live action robots they must find a cube before the murderous megatron, who has vengeance on autobots, watch transformers 2007.
  2. Jun 6, 2016
    Transformers is not the smartest movie out there, but it is a ton of fun. Michael Bay managed to create a mediocre adaptation of the Transformers animated series and probably his best film to date. It does have poor character development and acting performances, but the action sequences were so intriguing, that we almost forget the fact that they have these flaws. We expected aTransformers is not the smartest movie out there, but it is a ton of fun. Michael Bay managed to create a mediocre adaptation of the Transformers animated series and probably his best film to date. It does have poor character development and acting performances, but the action sequences were so intriguing, that we almost forget the fact that they have these flaws. We expected a spine-chilling, robot-rumbling film and thats what we got.

Rating: 7/10

D = 1.5
    D- = 1
    F = 0
  3. May 21, 2016
    One of the best movies I've ever seen. Megan Fox, Shia Labeouf, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson are jut amazing in this. The plot is outstanding and so much different to all the movies out there.
  4. Apr 14, 2016
    It will keep the average film goers happy but if you want more meat in your action films, you wont find it here. ( I'm sorry there is nothing new I can add to the discussion).
  5. Mar 13, 2016
    Transformers is a succulent and enjoyable visual-effects show, full of action, human characters, unpredictable and fantastic science-fiction. Michael Bay showed what he can do, maybe his masterpiece. Fans of Transformers will love this film, they'll have what they've been waiting for years.
  6. Mar 2, 2016
    I loved this movie, it was fun, action packed, adrenaline pumping, it was a blast!!!! If you want to see a really fun summer action movie, look no further than Transformers!!!
  7. Feb 21, 2016
    I had a lot of fun with this movie and it's a shame that every movie after this was horrible,not only is it cool to look at and not only does the action look great,but it's pretty funny which is shocking for a Michael Bay film however the human cast are what ways this movie down and if this was just focused on Transformers it could of been a great film. But if you want to see aI had a lot of fun with this movie and it's a shame that every movie after this was horrible,not only is it cool to look at and not only does the action look great,but it's pretty funny which is shocking for a Michael Bay film however the human cast are what ways this movie down and if this was just focused on Transformers it could of been a great film. But if you want to see a Transformers film watch this film and you can probably skip the other ones. Expand
  8. Feb 10, 2016
    While not better than the original series, it still remains a fun and enjoyable movie. I do agree that things need to be improved. Like megan fox"s acting, why was she in this movie. She was so boring and uninteresting. Why did bumblebee pee, just why. And megatron only being in like 30 minutes of the movie. But what I liked about the movie was that the action is great. Peter cullun asWhile not better than the original series, it still remains a fun and enjoyable movie. I do agree that things need to be improved. Like megan fox"s acting, why was she in this movie. She was so boring and uninteresting. Why did bumblebee pee, just why. And megatron only being in like 30 minutes of the movie. But what I liked about the movie was that the action is great. Peter cullun as optimus is still a triumph. The humor is sometimes funny. The autobot and decepicon design are a 10 out of 10. Optimus looks badass as a semi truck with flames. Bumblebee looks cool as a camaro, and the othets all got great designs. Overall, it's a movie I enjoyed. Expand
  9. Jan 30, 2016
    While Nothing spectacular in terms of script the acting is decent and is Michel bay's only good transformers movie compared to the others. Loads of action a decent story, and topped off with decent not spectacular but decent acting especially from Sam witwicky who was better than the rest of the human cast makes this a turn your brain off and have fun for a couple hours flick. bumble beeWhile Nothing spectacular in terms of script the acting is decent and is Michel bay's only good transformers movie compared to the others. Loads of action a decent story, and topped off with decent not spectacular but decent acting especially from Sam witwicky who was better than the rest of the human cast makes this a turn your brain off and have fun for a couple hours flick. bumble bee and optimist prime expertly voiced by peter cullins make for a compelling robot duo the only transformers you will need is this one. Expand
  10. Jan 27, 2016
    This is a must have movie for any movie collector or watcher. It will totally keep you on the edge of your seat and its a great movie with a great plot.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-260-Transformers-online-free
  11. Jan 16, 2016
    This Transformers is way better than the sequels and it's an only needed installment. What Transformers is lacking is the excitement to keep me from watching the movie.
  12. Jan 8, 2016
    This is the best movie ever it has lot of action and its just very very great. Transformers are all epic and thei battle is really great made. Sequels arent as good as this one but they are good too.
  13. Jan 6, 2016
    When it comes to Transformers, I have no ax to grind, pro or con. For me, it's just another loud, plot-deficient summer motion picture. In this case, nostalgia doesn't grip me - I'm too old to have played with the gadgets or watched the cartoon. I'm sure many fanboys (and girls) will be delighted by what Michael Bay has done to update the Transformers mythos (basically, that meansWhen it comes to Transformers, I have no ax to grind, pro or con. For me, it's just another loud, plot-deficient summer motion picture. In this case, nostalgia doesn't grip me - I'm too old to have played with the gadgets or watched the cartoon. I'm sure many fanboys (and girls) will be delighted by what Michael Bay has done to update the Transformers mythos (basically, that means incorporating A-level special effects and blowing lots of things up). On the other hand, those with no particular emotional attachment to the toys and their multimedia offshoots may dislike this movie as much as I did.

Thus far, the summer of 2007 has been full of very loud, very unsatisfying action movies. Transformers tops them all - it's louder, flashier, and more hollow than anything else out there. At 135 minutes, it drags - sometimes painfully so. The movie is top-heavy with exposition, and the only decent action scenes occur in the final 25 minutes. Despite an epileptic camera, those sequences are impressive from a special effects point-of-view, but they aren't exciting. That's because the characters are so poorly developed and the Transformers so singularly uninteresting that the question of who wins or loses doesn't matter. All the effort behind Transformers went into making the robots look cool; nothing went into developing a compelling storyline. Even the headline bout between Optimus Prime and Megatron is pedestrian - two big metallic monsters slugging it out while the camera spins around them as if out of control. It's kind of reminiscent of the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots going at it.

The film tells of the struggle between the good guy Autobots and the bad guy Decepticons as they scour Earth in search of the fabled Allspark (a really big cube of power). The goal of the Decepticons and their leader, Megatron, is to seize the cube as a means of domination and control. The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, want to protect humanity by destroying the Allspark. A secret segment of the U.S. military, Sector Seven, has captured the Allspark and is hiding it deep inside the Hoover Dam. They also have a cryogenically frozen Megatron in custody. (I know that all sounds silly, and it is, but short descriptions of science fiction films often come across as childish.)

The movie gets a badly needed jolt of energy a little past the half-way point with the introduction of a zany John Turturro as Sector Seven Agent Simmons. Turturro's off-the-wall performance is in synch with what one might expect from a movie that is essentially one long product placement. In fact, the entire first segment with Simmons (from when he enters Sam's house until he has "first contact" with the Transformers) works better as comedy than anything else. Alas, another veteran actor in the cast, Jon Voight, doesn't fare as well as Turturro. The word "embarrassing" was defined for performances like this one. Voight plays the Secretary of Defense. I kept waiting for Leslie Nielsen to show up as the President.

There's a secondary plot involving a group of young analysts and hackers that goes nowhere. Despite absorbing roughly 20 minutes of screen time, there's no payoff for these characters and they pretty much vanish near the end. Their inclusion is baffling since they appear to serve no purpose beyond padding out the film's running length and providing occasional comedy relief (most of which comes courtesy of Anthony Andersen). Cutting out these characters wouldn't damage the film's integrity. In fact, the tighter focus might make for a better movie.

If the dialogue is anything to go by, Bay has a sense of humor. Not only does he take a moment to poke fun at one of his earlier hit movies, but he allows so many howlingly bad lines to be spoken that the level of self-parody has to be intentional. Transformers is a jumble of the good, the bad, and the ugly, with the latter two categories outweighing the former. The film has a lot of nice touches (such as the opening attack in Qatar, where there is a sense of danger, and the John Hughes-inspired introduction of Sam), but the meat of the story is plodding, recycled sci-fi drivel. That, I suppose, is what happens when a major motion picture is based on a 20-plus year old toy phenomenon.

Transformers is so belabored that it makes Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End seem like a masterpiece of pacing. It makes that "classic" midsummer alien invasion movie, Independence Day, seem like a template for inventive plotting and solid character development. Even by Michael Bay standards, this movie is vapid. Yes, there are plenty of explosions, but those are a dime-a-dozen these days; even Discovery Channel's Mythbusters has them. Transformers isn't clean, big-budget fun; it's clean, big-budget tedium. For Transformers fans, I suppose this is a dream motion picture. For everyone else, it's a nightmare.
  14. Jan 4, 2016
    Remember the first time you saw Jurassic Park? Fourteen years ago, it was unlike anything that’d come before it. Special effects had brought prehistory to life, with warmth and wit bonuses amid the scaly carnage. Fast forward to 2021. Pension for some, kids for others, robots for all. You’ll sit there with your super-sleek cyber-phone, call up an old pal and say, “Do you remember the firstRemember the first time you saw Jurassic Park? Fourteen years ago, it was unlike anything that’d come before it. Special effects had brought prehistory to life, with warmth and wit bonuses amid the scaly carnage. Fast forward to 2021. Pension for some, kids for others, robots for all. You’ll sit there with your super-sleek cyber-phone, call up an old pal and say, “Do you remember the first time we saw Transformers?” Fourteen years on, it will be remembered as 2007’s jaw-dropper. Special effects have brought your childhood to life, humour and humanity bonuses amid the metallic carnage.

A marriage of bombast and brain – director Michael Bay and exec producer Steven Spielberg – only time will tell how much influence the Beard had over the Bad Boy. An LA street battle, decimation ruling supreme? Pure Bay, as his exhilarating highway chase from The Island is vamped up with office block-sized mechanoids. The family squabbles in the Witwicky home of Sam (Shia LaBeouf), where he hides aliens from his parents? Sheer ET Spielberg. It’s a dichotomy shaping the whole film; one extended vehiclenoid money shot, spliced with a human peril drily summed up by LaBeouf: “I bought a car... turned out to be an alien robot.”

Plot-wise, just ride with it. Plausibility be damned. The set-up’s brief: “Before time began there was a cube… Some wanted it for good, some for evil,” guffs the opening A–Z voiceover of how the Allspark (that life-giving cube, kids) wound up on Earth. The gist? The Autobots (goodies, on their way) must stop the Decepticons (baddies, already here) before they find it. The key to where the said Allspark is was imprinted on a pair of eyeglasses belonging to Archibald Witwicky who – back in the 1800s – stumbled upon Megatron (a nasty piece of work). The specs are now on eBay, with Archie’s descendent Sam having decided to hock them to buy a car…

Robots aside LaBeouf is the star, impressing in two very different double acts. First there’s his sentient car Bumblebee, sent to protect Sam from the Decepticons. It’s the sort of car that plays ‘Sexual Healing’ when its owner’s looking to pick up the marvellously bendy Mikaela (Megan Fox, the pic’s hot-panted heroine). Touching in, yep, an ET sort-of-way, man and machine build a believable bond… A bond that LaBeouf’s second sparring partner, Agent Simmons (John Turturro), is eager to break. A member of super-secret agency Sector Seven, Turturro has a ball, spouting increasingly deranged one-liners (“Criminals are hot!”). Taking itself as seriously as any film based on a toy line should, it’s only old favourite Optimus Prime who falls victim to tone, his dull do-gooder struggling next to sidekick Ironhide’s snarl. (“The parents are irritating. Can we take them out?”)

For every drop of heart and hilarity, though, there’s a giant metal fist, a mid-air shape-shifting skirmish or the cheer-stoking sequence where Autobots arrive in meteors. This is the stuff of pop legend over 20 years in the making, played out by boys on their bedroom floors. This is Bay’s territory and as special effects go, the robots are as “What the…?” as the Jurassic dinos. Flawless. However – peculiarly for a man whose films invariably clock in at the bum-killing mark – you’re left wanting more. The best film Bay’s made, it’s also his second shortest. In a summer of sequels full of worlds we know, the brevity of Transformers’ opening scenes leaves little time to settle, turning sidestories such as that of hacker Maggie (Rachael Taylor) into awkward diversions with many drifting off before saying bye-bye.

But such complaints are piffle in a film blessed with an extraordinary sense of fun. It’s even possible to forgive the godawful sub-Linkin Park theme seemingly tossed together on a PS2 music generator. What’s more – if you’re looking for it – there’s Spielbergian redemption at play too, a childlike outlook suggesting an extraterrestrial attack is exactly what the world needs to heal our wounds. As the Decepticons strike, the US blames Iran, North Korea… But it’s not our war, it’s something bigger. We are, as Prime tells Megatron while hanging off a crumbling building and changing from a lorry, “a young species, much to learn.” We’re primitive folk in need of a unifying event to help us forget our earthly woes. This will do.

The sense of occasion is undeniable as Bay, Spielberg, Shia and peerless special effects fashion what should be the hit of the summer. The start flitters, but this is a rare film that leaves you itching for more. Roll on the sequels.
  15. Dec 30, 2015
    Transformers is an okay adventure. It does not have a complicated storyline or amazing performances. What the film does have, however, is some damn fine visual.
  16. Dec 11, 2015
    It is not, you should understand, a film for those who seek the solace of art. It is, however, the most straight-up, brain-on-standby, CG-buffed explosion of out-and-out fun the summer has yet delivered. Another of cinema’s great exponents, Alfred Hitchcock, would often despair of certain cinemagoers’ predilection for plot logic. He would ignore the cry of these ‘Plausibles’ and fiddle hisIt is not, you should understand, a film for those who seek the solace of art. It is, however, the most straight-up, brain-on-standby, CG-buffed explosion of out-and-out fun the summer has yet delivered. Another of cinema’s great exponents, Alfred Hitchcock, would often despair of certain cinemagoers’ predilection for plot logic. He would ignore the cry of these ‘Plausibles’ and fiddle his books with rollicking suspense. Michael Bay, too, is no friend of the Plausibles, but his trick is to deafen them with ‘Bayhem’ (def: blowing **** up at sunset). Even amongst the geek-lore of sci-fi he remains more concerned with laying waste to LA than a redoubtable internal logic.

It shouldn’t startle you to hear that the plot is ludicrous: a box (varying in size from a city block to a handbag — nothing in the movie is capable of sitting still) with the power to reconfigure machines into Transformers (at one witty point a drinks dispenser sprouts mechanoid legs and a cannon that fires cans at people) has ended up on Earth. As, currently, have these opposing gangs of super-robots. First stop is a dumb kid whose great-grandfather’s glasses have
    the imprint of a map of the box’s location... Oh, forget it. Listen, good robots fight bad ones and we get in the way. The end.

Bay has done himself a real favour casting LaBeouf as the excitable loser about to discover his first car has a big surprise under the hood. He shares the pop-neurotic jabber of a young Woody Allen with Tom Hanks’ steady charisma, a straightforward-looking guy who still shines like a movie star. A smart, natural comedian, he levels the bluntness of this toy story with an ironic bluster. Quite apart from his car growing legs, he’s been fidgety enough about the legs of classmate Mikaela (Megan Fox). Drunkenly lapped up by Bay’s lascivious camera, she still comes with a steel core (it’s not just the cars who’ve got hidden centres): Mikaela’s a whizz with engines, not that boys can get beyond her windshield. In fact, all the girls of the movie come moulded to a geek ideal: stunning and boyishly practical. In one of the overextended subplots we get Australian beauty Rachael Taylor as an NSA computer dweeb cracking the Decepticons’ code.

The cast is at its best young: the older actors, notably Jon Voight and John Turturro as governmental stooges as slow on the uptake as many a parent might be, hammily herk and jerk as if undergoing their own internal shake-up. The film is least sure when mustering global peril, testing the waters of inference with an attack on an American military base in . The first suspects are the Iranians, and along the way there’s a few spry digs at the Bush administration, but any politicising is swiftly reduced to a potty super-Secret Service known as Sector Seven who’ve got Megatron in a deep freeze inside the Hoover Dam, and the film gets on with its juvenile doctrine of daft punk.

As the ’bots show up for a big showdow in humanville, soldiers spilling about like ants, a nonsense/genius tribute to old monster-movies, it’s all about the Sturm und Drang of pure action. It’s a dream-clatter of robot-on-robot war to drive Craig Charles to drugs. On old Orson’s level — “big toys attacking smaller toys” — it truly delivers.

It’s a shame, then, that Michael Bay can’t help being Michael

The script may have rubbery legs, but the action is rock-hard. The surprise is the lightness of touch: treat as a comedy for best results.
  17. Nov 5, 2015
    Everything you can expect from a Michael Bay film... big, loud, and full of explosions and even more Megan Fox.

While not an excellent film, Transformers can prove to be quite an interesting flick, although it can be long and confusing at times, also. I'd recommend it to fans of action movies, but any one else might find it too over-the top and too CGI heavy.
  18. Sep 27, 2015
    It's a film about explosions, but rest assured, you can look past the dizzying plot and unlikable characters to see that it's just a film about really awesome robots fighting each other.
  19. Sep 3, 2015
    Transformers is a fun action popcorn flick with plenty of entertainment value and likable characters and survives the poor script and stereotypical humour
  20. Aug 1, 2015
    Before watching the film: I have seen some of the American cartoons of the 80's, the 1986 film and some of the Japanese cartoons of the 90's.

Premise: The Transformers (Autobots and Decepticons) rushes to Earth to fight over the All Spark, a powerful energy source that was sent away from their home planet, and while fighting over the All Spark, they cause chaos and destruction everywhere.

Pros: There isn't any.

Cons:
    1) Michael Bay directed this.

2) Unless you are a serious Transformers fan, it is hard to follow all of the robots' names and therefore what's happening. The names should have been simplified for the wider audience.

3) The characterisation of some of the robots to imitate Black or Latino people is just stupid.

4) The transformation processes were made unnecessarily complicated with every small metal bit of the robot/vehicle flipping here and there. It is unrealistic and just there to show off the CGI. It's dumb.

5) When the Transformers were fighting in the city while in robot mode, they were indistinguishable from each other. It leaves the viewers in total confusion as to what is going on.

6) Here, as in any other film involving major destruction of a major city that is caused by a big robot or monster, rather than a natural disaster, there was no sense of the major loss of human lives and properties. It was just stupid, wonton destruction.

7) Megan Fox contributed nothing to this film.

8) Did I mention that Michael Bay directed this?

Score: 3/5 (no half scores). Save your money and watch it on TV. (It is a bit surprising that with all the cons, I would still give it a passing score... Maybe, its because I was younger and less smart back then.)

Who would be satisfied with this film? Most Transformer fans, most children, most teens and some adults. The elder you are, the less you would like it.

P.S. After watching this film, I had promised myself that unless the sequel got good reviews from the critics and regular viewers, I would not watch it. It got terrible reviews.
  21. Jul 26, 2015
    It is a wonderful movie robots good argument and an incredible direction of Michael Bay, and who knows also see Megan Fox as sexy as ever, but do not forget an incredible rivalry between Autobots and Decepticons.
  22. Jul 15, 2015
    61? 6.9? Are you serious? I will say again, as I've said in previous reviews I can't stand that this site has credibility when it rates something like Transformers, the original movie that spawned the most brilliant CGI and action that we've seen in our lifetime, a 6.5/10. Not to mention the huge budget it provided for the next, whatever, 8 they've made since then, that probably have61? 6.9? Are you serious? I will say again, as I've said in previous reviews I can't stand that this site has credibility when it rates something like Transformers, the original movie that spawned the most brilliant CGI and action that we've seen in our lifetime, a 6.5/10. Not to mention the huge budget it provided for the next, whatever, 8 they've made since then, that probably have higher ratings on this site. But I guess I'm here to try to swing the pendulum. Michael Bay forged the future of movies and action movies but nobody wants to give the movie the credit it deserves. Not to mention, this franchise is the 11th highest grossing of all-time. By fact, and by way of cause-effect, that couldn't have happened without a good starting movie. Expand
  23. Jul 8, 2015
    Of all the films that Michael Bay has directed, this and 'The Rock' (1996) are some of his cleanest ones. However, I think that if 'The Rock' didn't exist, this film would be a 9 or even a 10. But it gets an average 7 and here's why.

'Transformers' follows the story of a young, high school boy named Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) who gets caught in an incident when a group of autobots want his grandfather's glasses that contain some secret piece of information.

The lead autobot is Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) who wants Sam's help to retrieve theses glasses and keep it away from the evil Decepiticons. Sam has a car that is also a transformer who is called "Bumblebee", and can only communicate with Sam via radio stations.

Megan Fox plays Mikaela, Sam's love interest, who sticks around because the screenplay says so. While convincing acting can be tough to come from Fox, these two actors do have very good chemistry together and they seem convincing as a couple. Why she sticks around during all this robot rumble though can be a little hard to believe.

The film's biggest weakness however, is the comedy. We've seen elements of comedy in past action movies, but they were always subtle and the director's of those films didn't rely on funny one-liners or ironic incidents to keep their movies at an entertaining pace.

Another weakness is the run-time, while 'Transformers' isn't the most difficult movie to sit through with all the robot destruction and explosive action, the run time can make it feel like you're sitting through an extended edition of 'The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King' (2003). The film goes on for half an hour too long, and you know it's a problem when you stop caring for the characters after having seen what they've gone through in the first two hours.

Michael Bay is a very ambitious director, famous for not being so respected with film critics and typical movie-goers, but here, he has demonstrated that maybe he can direct an action film, a "Transformers" film at that.

I never grew up with the Hasbro Transformers toys as a child, I was more of a Lego kid. Maybe my opinion on this film may not count, but, you either judge this as a film based on toys, or you judge it as an action film in general...I think action fans will get what they deserve, but overall, there has been better.
  24. Jun 17, 2015
    Transformers is a fun explosions movie.Autobots have never been more likable and the humans for once they seem to work here.I like Sam,and Shia's portrayal of him was awesome.Everything looked amazing with the visuals and while sometimes it does get a little to noisy it still works.
  25. Jun 9, 2015
    Transformers is a full action packed, funny and thrilling movie but in some aspects like the story and screenplay are pretty messy. But in general is a BADASS MOVIE.
  26. May 8, 2015

27. Apr 29, 2015
    This movie is pretty amazing. By far, one of the best of Michael Bay's career. Its a pretty good adaptation that stayed true to the cartoon. Had good acting, groundbreaking CGI, plenty of entertaining action. This is one of the movies that the military would very much be involved and they are incorporated into this movie well. Of course, this movie had some Michael Bay-isms and some ofThis movie is pretty amazing. By far, one of the best of Michael Bay's career. Its a pretty good adaptation that stayed true to the cartoon. Had good acting, groundbreaking CGI, plenty of entertaining action. This is one of the movies that the military would very much be involved and they are incorporated into this movie well. Of course, this movie had some Michael Bay-isms and some of them worked well in the movie like the explosions. But of course, we had the others that were unneeded but still, very easy to overlook because of how great the rest of the film was. Loved it when I first saw it and I still love it now. Expand
  28. Apr 22, 2015
    For the past year or so, geek tempers have flared high over the prospect of a Michael Bay-directed update of The Transformers, a mid-'80s Hasbro cartoon about sentient alien robots capable of disguising themselves as mundane Earth machines, from cars to planes to tape recorders to, um, robotic dinosaurs. Thanks to a line of reasonably neat toys and a better-than-average-for-the-timeFor the past year or so, geek tempers have flared high over the prospect of a Michael Bay-directed update of The Transformers, a mid-'80s Hasbro cartoon about sentient alien robots capable of disguising themselves as mundane Earth machines, from cars to planes to tape recorders to, um, robotic dinosaurs. Thanks to a line of reasonably neat toys and a better-than-average-for-the-time plotline pitting the noble Autobots against the evil Decepticons, The Transformers captured the imagination of a generation of kids, and the several spin-off series and animated movie continued to bring new fans into thrall. Since the first live-action film version was announced, the Internet has been abuzz with debate over exactly how the explosion-meister director of Pearl Harbor and The Island was going to screw up the franchise. Hardcore fans have **** about the robot designs, the vehicle designs, the silly Maguffin-centric plot, and much more, but even they couldn't have anticipated exactly how Transformers ruins their memories: by turning the franchise into a terrible '80s comedy.

The film opens with Peter Cullen (reprising his '80s original role as Autobot leader Optimus Prime) delivering a cheesy voiceover about "the Allspark," a mysterious cube of unknown provenance that gives life to worlds. Cut to modern-day Qatar, where a giant robot destroys an American military base and hacks into its computers in search of data on the cube, in the kind of modern action scene fans were probably most hoping for. And then… cut to nearly an hour of John Hughes-style teen-romance goofery, as spastic twit Shia LaBoeuf flails his way through an attempted romance of Megan Fox, the hottest girl in high school. He pratfalls in front of her, he blithers to himself nervously, he gets all unnerved as his mom asks if he's been masturbating and suggests that if the word makes him uncomfortable, he could call it Special Happy Time instead. Astonishingly, what should be a propulsive action film stumbles along in this vein through much of the rest of its length, dragging out inane jokes and excruciating humiliation routines; even when the heroic Autobots finally appear, they're similarly dignity-free bumblers who spout passé catchphrases (having learned their English from Earth TV, natch), accidentally stomp a rose garden (Optimus Prime: "Oops, my bad."), and get pissed on by a Chihuahua. ("That's going to rust.")

Transformers features a fair bit of action, and from time to time, it stays serious long enough to get exciting. But the Transformers' cluttered visual designs and Bay's frantic cutting frequently make it hard to tell what's happening in a given battle until the victor shows up in the next scene. And the writers' habit of undermining nearly every significant moment with corny gags and comic robot flailing à la Short Circuit is practically inexplicable. At this point, no one should be expecting much from Michael Bay except fast pacing and decently choreographed explosions. With Transformers, he doesn't even make it that far.
  29. Mar 11, 2015
    You can't go into this movie expecting THAT much, but for action it delivered the goods like no other movie in 2008. Sure, Bay has no shame, and he uses every cliche in the book, but it's still a fun ride, and Shia LeBeouf adds some weight to the mayhem. If nothing else, rent it for Megan Fox, man...seriously...
  30. Feb 13, 2015
    Although, essentially, far from the quality of the original anime series, Bay's first installment of his commercially successful yet critically hammered money-magnet series was quite good. It offered a new perspective on animation and it certainly elevated the technique. The plot was actually quite good, lacking any major holes or inconsistencies and you could certainly enjoy the fullAlthough, essentially, far from the quality of the original anime series, Bay's first installment of his commercially successful yet critically hammered money-magnet series was quite good. It offered a new perspective on animation and it certainly elevated the technique. The plot was actually quite good, lacking any major holes or inconsistencies and you could certainly enjoy the full length of the movie without actually wanting it to stop. The actions scenes, so characteristic for Bay and his work, actually had a measure and the movie gave you just the right dose of such scenes not to bore you or laugh you to death. The Transformers were crafted in a very interesting way, adding dynamics to the somewhat too robotic interpretation we've seen in the animated series. The only thing you couldn't actually ignore were Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf. Megan is a really, really bad actress... I don't have anything else to add. Shia has, in some of his more recent roles, shown a certain amount of skill, but his role in the Transformers series wasn't all that good. You just couldn't get past the irritating teenager act and he never actually tried to elevate that, despite certain possibilities. On the other hand, Turturro was a definite scene-stealer, but even Bay can't eliminate the quality of John Turturro.

All in all, the first Transformers film was a well-realized project that actually gave us high hopes which were, sadly, annulled throughout the years. Something worth watching, certainly, even for those who aren't Transformers fans, but still, note that you shouldn't expect more than a better-than-average action movie with giant robots transforming into all kinds off stuff.
  31. Feb 4, 2015
    Muy bien hecha, la historia, los efectos y las secuencias de acción son entretenidas y muy bien elaboradas (la mejor de todas) Es triste como la primera parte de esta saga es lo mejor que hicieron en tantos años, pues a pesar de contar con efectos de sobra y chistes a veces tontos, la historia tiene sentido.
  32. Jan 25, 2015
    Visually stunning with the auto-bots looking more alien than they were 20 years ago, but both the acting and the main characters leave much to be desired.
  33. Jan 25, 2015
    Michael Bay is a director who love slow motions and explosions and it's normal because he is doing it right he is very good at this but in that movie they are just too much and interesting is that there is so much fights and violence in this movie and the death count is : 0 .But that's not important that's not the biggest fail of the fail is in actors the crew was sooooo weak sooo weakMichael Bay is a director who love slow motions and explosions and it's normal because he is doing it right he is very good at this but in that movie they are just too much and interesting is that there is so much fights and violence in this movie and the death count is : 0 .But that's not important that's not the biggest fail of the fail is in actors the crew was sooooo weak sooo weak that it was painful to watch the movie. Shia LaBeouf is shame for Hollywood Industry and seriosly that guy is going to save the world ??? And don't forget Megan Fox that's is in the movie only because she is sexy .Actually i think the hole movie was commercial of Chevrolet nothing else but a damn long commercial. Expand
  34. Jan 19, 2015
    After watching Transformers, I must pay homage to director Michael Bay for sharing his recreational interests with the rest of the world. Until this moment, I knew little about his fierce fervour towards the field of alchemy. But now I perceive him as a perfectionist. He has somehow turned human excrement into film.
    Transformers is a 2 and 1/2 hour long video game that the audience isn't
    Transformers is a 2 and 1/2 hour long video game that the audience isn't allowed to play. On the IMDB trivia page it says 'The most amazing thing about Transformers is that they set the release date without a completed script'. I beg to differ. The most amazing thing about Transformers is that they finished filming without a completed script. Transformers is contrived, convoluted and incoherent on so many levels that most would call it unworthy of serious examination. Transformers isn't only critic-proof, it resists serious criticism. You might as well analyse a beach ball. The immoderate overload of CGI, ugly set-pieces and mind numbing action made it impossible for me to shut my eyes and dream of a better movie. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way. Apparently Michael Bay was inspired by David Cronenberg's 1996 film Crash. And now that I think about it, I can see the mild resemblance. Both movies are like watching automobile accidents. Only one was intended to be. Add it all up, and what you've got here is a waste of good electricity. I'm not talking about the electricity between the actors. I'm talking about the current to the projector.
  35. Dec 19, 2014
    Tra tutti i film live action basati su una serie animata,su un fumetto oppure su dei super eroi in particolare,Transformers rimarrà per me uno dei migliori mai creati,una saga che inizia bene e continua ancora meglio,infatti il quarto capitolo è per ora il migliore della quadrilogia,a mio parere.
  36. Dec 19, 2014
    Transformers is a movie filled with solid characters and fantastic CGI and fight scenes. The running time could've been shortened but overall a great movie. Peter Cullen did an amazing job at voicing Optimus Prime as well! 8/10 (great)
  37. Dec 18, 2014
    Technically speaking fellows and ..girls My REAL rating for this movie is a 8.5/10. I just rounded this number and it goes to a 9 , to be fair. Too bad metacritic doesn't allow you to give a rating like a "8.5" DUE TO THE FACT THERE IS A DECIMAL.

But anyway, now that you know my real score, Transformers, is one of the BEST CGI FLICKS I HAVE EVER SEEN. And many reviews hold this line. Looks like Michael Bay has spitted out his inner self with this film, lots of behemoth bots smashing things up and the robots are just plain cool looking when transforming into earth's everyday machines. I am so glad I got this movie on Blu-Ray ( got the blu-ray player on black friday (2014). Hopefully, I'll see the movie in 3D or 4K one day.

Transformers is a definite fun summer blockbuster movie and something new and fresh to see on the screen. Transformers have transformed people into fans and this will satisfy in the amazing CGI action route for pratically EVERYONE.
  38. Dec 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, this is one of my most favourite films! Even though i'm not really a fan of G1 Transformers. I love this film so much! The only problem is that it has less action than it's sequels Expand
  39. Dec 7, 2014
    Transformers is a 2 and 1/2 hour long video game that the audience isn't
  40. Dec 5, 2014
    I guess this one's good. Entertaining in a very Michael Bay-ish way, but still fairly solid in its own right. The action was good, the effects were great, and the humor wasn't all too bad either.
  41. Oct 18, 2014
    Aliens make Earth their final battleground. As the forces of evil seek the key to ultimate power, Earth's last chance for survival rest in the hands of young Sam Witwicky.
  42. Sep 22, 2014
    Loud music , best action sequences ! = A hell of a good action roller coaster !!!!!!.( i'm not that kind of obsessed transformers kinda guy but i am an Optimus fan also a little bit of a micheal bay fan.) , Shia LeBouf plays a nerd who likes this hot girl Megan Fox ( actually she is not that hot now then she was)
    then he buys a car then the car is actually a TRANSFORMER ! then a
    then he buys a car then the car is actually a TRANSFORMER ! then a transformer battle begins now LeoBouf has to stop it . wow what a good story from director Micheal Bay and Writers John Rogers , Roberto Orci , Alex Kurtzman. Lets talk about the transformers voice cast i love peter cullen as the great and Powerful Optimus prime who is my favorite character in this film also great Transformer performances by Mark Ryan as Bumblebee and Hugo Weaving as Megatron. I know that Micheal Bay basically put non stop stereotypes for characters like Megan Fox as the hot girl also Bernie Mac as the car dealer. Also Micheal Bay has a bad direction in directing movies also the fact he does not know how to make a picture if number 1: Stops trying to have stereotypes actors for dumb roles. Number 2: NO more dumb jokes to add to to your movies ! take my advice bay. Micheal Bay is the not my exact favorite ' director' but his films have impressed me with films like ( Armageddon , Bad Boys) also inspired me with his imagination. Grade A+. Grade for Micheal Bay A-
  43. Sep 20, 2014
    Transformers is a groovy, but weird movie.

The CGI and the actors are great, but the beginning and the end is weird. This, in combination with a slow story didn't impress me at all, but the action sequences are incredible.

Transformers is a highly unique movie with cool scenes, that really impress me.

Transformers gets a 6,5/10
  44. Aug 25, 2014
    I was repeating **** beautiful" in my head throughout the movie. It looks good, it sounds good, there is just right amount of action and humor - and one watch won't definitely be enough!

I never watched the cartoon on TV, but this still hits right to the core for me. The camera-angles are a bit shaky and blurry at times, but it gives the movie more speed and a sense of realism.

Even if some aspects of the story are definite clichés, and there aren't any real shocking revelations, it is still an enjoyable movie.

Go and watch!
  45. Aug 13, 2014
    I'm not a huge fan of Michael Bay but this movie is just wow!The movie have one of the best visual i have ever seen,and there is a lot of action.The only bad point is in the fights scene because the camera is always moving and we can see a single thing.
  46. Jul 24, 2014
    impressive CGI and action transformers is a fun movie but Transformers fails to give us a good story are well developed characters its mostly just explosions and action sequences.

i would give it a 6.5/10 an 8 for action 6 for story 5 for acting 7 for comedy and 4 for character development
  47. Jul 21, 2014
    Transformers evokes a really strange reaction in me. The first time you see the robots, they are cool as heck. The film is also fun and engaging, dishing out a decent supply of chuckles along the way. And then the finale comes and the robots fight and bust things up... And I just couldn't care less. Messy, soulless, overlong and incomprehensible CG action scenes are order of the day, andTransformers evokes a really strange reaction in me. The first time you see the robots, they are cool as heck. The film is also fun and engaging, dishing out a decent supply of chuckles along the way. And then the finale comes and the robots fight and bust things up... And I just couldn't care less. Messy, soulless, overlong and incomprehensible CG action scenes are order of the day, and they totally murder the movie's final act. Oh well. At least this first one was much better than the sequels. Expand
  48. Jul 17, 2014
    Transformers is visually stunning and has thrilling action sequences, but offers very little depth, extremely poor character development, and is mostly brainless.
  49. Jul 10, 2014
    A campy yet enjoyable feature. Michael Bay had minimal work to do, but for the first film, he suceeded well enough for me not to loathe the film and leave the theatre with an unpleasant taste in my mouth. The action is fun and exciting, while the rest of the film is generic and tawdry. All the same, I enjoyed it.
  50. Jun 27, 2014
    Nothing to expect from a blockbuster summer movie that people are ups and arms about, except some fun action sequences, with visuals, a feast for your eyes.
  51. Jun 27, 2014
  52. Jun 24, 2014
    Well with Age of Extinction right around the corner I figured there was no better time to look at the movie that started it all. The plot is actually better than you'd expect in a giant robots fighting movie, with the Autobots trying to find the Allspark before the Decepticons who all have really cool names (my profile is named after Starscream so I guess I'm kind of biased) The acting'sWell with Age of Extinction right around the corner I figured there was no better time to look at the movie that started it all. The plot is actually better than you'd expect in a giant robots fighting movie, with the Autobots trying to find the Allspark before the Decepticons who all have really cool names (my profile is named after Starscream so I guess I'm kind of biased) The acting's not bad either all though it's funny to watch now since we all know what became of Shia LaBouef. But of course the action's all that matters and while I feel that this is the weakest of the trilogy in terms of action, watching two robots fight it out in the middle of a crowded city never gets old. However by far the most important aspect of this movie is that it introduced a generation of new fans to one of the greatest sci-fi sagas ever told, which is certainly something to be proud of. Expand
  53. Jun 1, 2014
    While Transformers has exciting and exhilarating action, and the special effects are top notch, the movie suffers from a boring story, clunky dialogues and characters very hard to come by.
  54. May 28, 2014
    Seriously?!?! How the heck did this garbage catch on. The script is phoned in and rather than focus on the Autobots like in the cartoon the film focuses on the poorly written human characters who aren’t that interesting. When the film does show the action it is poorly shot. I would only recommend this film to little kids because when you are that age you are pretty receptive to garbage.Seriously?!?! How the heck did this garbage catch on. The script is phoned in and rather than focus on the Autobots like in the cartoon the film focuses on the poorly written human characters who aren’t that interesting. When the film does show the action it is poorly shot. I would only recommend this film to little kids because when you are that age you are pretty receptive to garbage. Transformers fans could check it out if they are interested but trust me skip it you’ll be disappointed. Expand
  55. May 17, 2014
    Transformers (2007) is an awsome movie. The CGI effects are so great that they look real. The action is amazing. The transformers are great. I recement this movie to people who loves giant robots and much action (There are small action scenes in the first half and a big battle in the end).
  56. May 5, 2014
    Doesn't have "You've Got The Touch" by Stan Bush. No way it will be a good movie anymore. Needs a more 1980's soundtrack like the original movie, which is really good.
  57. Apr 23, 2014
    Like any typical Michael Bay film, the action and explosions come in the masses, but the story seems to have forgotten to be believable. But, did you see Transformers for a tightly plotted story, or to have a deluxe popcorn movie? That's what I thought.
  58. Mar 2, 2014
    Demolition success of Michael Bay, the effects are great and amazing fights. No doubt the work that I create this amazing movie.
    The only bad thing was the footage, because I found something bad. But otherwise, this perfect.
  59. Jan 2, 2014
    Não grande coisa até que um filme bom porém muito fraco em muito sentidos, tanto em seu enredo, como em seus personagens mal constrúidos e sua trama fraquíssima proporcionando um filme senso distribuindo mal sua duração ao longo do tempo que rodado. Transformers não passa de um filme mediano cheio de cascata voando para todo os lado.
  60. AGK
    Dec 26, 2013
    man I loved this movie so much when I was little and I don't blame my little self, this movie was one hell of a ride when it got to the action! the action was amazing I just couldn't turn away! but the only downside was Micheal bay putting in a love story, I'm tired of seeing love stories in movies.
  61. Nov 1, 2013
    "Transformers" is an entertaining explosive summer movie directed by Michael Bay. Like all Bay movies, the script is pretty weak but the action is exhilarating. However, "Transformers" has a pretty good plot combined with excellent CGI, making this Bay movie a recommended summer blockbuster.
  62. Oct 19, 2013
    Indeed, "Transformers" is almost unbearably cringe-worthy at times and not exactly food for the mind, but it's also a hell of a damn entertaining ride fueled by a truly inspired score from Steve Jablonsky.
  63. Sep 6, 2013
    This is how Michael Bay make horrible movies into good, explosive, and entertaining summer movies. The fans of the classic Transformers franchise or the old-school Michael Bay movies won't be disappointed watching this.
  64. Aug 30, 2013
    There is one thing that Michael Bay likes to do, and its his overwhelming need of dramatising every single thing in front of you, whether its a few soldiers pacing across an airfield, cue epic music, a few people climbing out of a car, cue epic music, this happens over and over again in Transformers, the loud, big-budgeted sci-fi film that is fun, silly and full of massive robots that canThere is one thing that Michael Bay likes to do, and its his overwhelming need of dramatising every single thing in front of you, whether its a few soldiers pacing across an airfield, cue epic music, a few people climbing out of a car, cue epic music, this happens over and over again in Transformers, the loud, big-budgeted sci-fi film that is fun, silly and full of massive robots that can only be admired, but the film also brings an over-bearing human element that can way the film down. Bay certainly has an eye for the spectacular and epic, with Transformers being no different, we open with a brief introduction from a booming robotic voice telling us about the war between the Autobots and Decepticons, an ancient alien race from the planet Cybertron who bring their battle to earth in search of the AllSpark, a powerful cube holding vast amounts of energy capable of massive amounts of power and of course, destruction.
    Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) is the unlucky human caught in the midst of this war, as his grandfather made the discovery of these robots many years before, Sam now hold a pivotal piece to the puzzle which is needed by the Transformers. But this young teen has his own troubles, something we are seemingly forced to care about, a teen drama involving Sam getting the girl, in this case, a beautiful girl called Michaela (Megan Fox), who doesn't have to do very much onscreen except move her body to certain angles so as she can be filmed in certain ways, its wasteful but I suppose necessary, because every film needs the good looking girl, right? This drama along with an over-arching military thread of a story certainly leaves very little room for the Transformers, who become a side note, even though the film is almost 150 mins long. But in terms of spectacle, it doesn't get much bigger than this, the way these robots transforms from vehicle to natural form looks amazing as these aliens tear each other apart in the air and on the ground, special effects don't get much better than these, as the realism of these machines unmatched.
    There are certainly many things to like about 'Transformers', we have spectacular set-pieces and some heavy lifting robots there to entertain us, but these robots also feel very underused, while the human element starts off light-hearted but becomes serious which in turn is just ludicrous. Even though there is comic relief to be found in John Turturro as a dedicated agent and a small role for the late great Bernie Mac, Transformers has an unlikeable and far too talkative lead in Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky, more focus should definitely been put on the aliens.
  65. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't like long multiple plug for products in movie it is shameful Bay needs to learn commercials are for tv not movies. Cliche after cliche is annoying nerd gets hot girl,government incompetent until the end etc. Micheal 'the butcher' Bay does it again. But is was entertainment non the less. Expand
  66. Jul 24, 2013
    A solid start to a shaky trilogy, the action was mind-blowing and the acting wasn't bad either. The last battle between Optimus and Megatron topped off a strong movie
  67. Jun 10, 2013
    The only good movie in the series. Unlike it's sequels the action is very impressive, instead of annoying, the humor works, instead of giving headaches, and the scenes with human characters are actually passable. The story needs some work, and it can at times be kind of stupid, but it's nowhere near the shear mental handicappedness of its sequels screenplays. It's not anywhere nearThe only good movie in the series. Unlike it's sequels the action is very impressive, instead of annoying, the humor works, instead of giving headaches, and the scenes with human characters are actually passable. The story needs some work, and it can at times be kind of stupid, but it's nowhere near the shear mental handicappedness of its sequels screenplays. It's not anywhere near perfect, but it shows that the franchise had potential and could be entertaining at one point. Why did revenge of the fallen have to be such a huge disappointment? Did they even try to make a decent sequel? I don't think so. Expand
  68. Jun 9, 2013
    I am so damn sick of this movie. The acting by everybody is so disgraceful. Every scene is just annoying and teenage comedy is just flying everywhere left and right. Big stupid robots. Still manages to be somewhat entertaining though.
  69. Jun 2, 2013
    Typical Michael Bay movie with great Mech fights
  70. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can you think of your most favorite childhood show in the world? And think of your favorite shows now? If you combine those two things you get Transformers the live action movie. After the notorious attempt to get the Transformers onto the big screen in the 80's; not even grossing it's budget back, and now trying a more "mature" approach to the series. To what I think some people's surprise the movie was a huge success, grossing bajillions of dollars, euros, pesos you name it, across the world. Of course since this is a Michael Bay film, it probably will be lacking in character, story, and plain old logic. Since this is about Giant transforming robots from outer space, I think logic will be taking a back seat in this production, and only giving creative consultancy; much like the surprising producer: Steven Spielberg. So right away the film is going to convince you that giant robots can exist, with its introduction to stereotypical army soldiers fighting a Decepticon. There will be many instances where poorly drawn characters will be interacting with personality lacking robots. With all that said, I can surely be comfortable in saying that the visuals in this film are superb, and that's the biggest compliment I can give this film. There is one part of this film that I kinda enjoyed, it's the Shia Lebouf as the main character. It's not a great performance or settle, but it does show him as a normal teen. I don't really know what else to say about this movie, it's not horrible, but it's not good either. One could say it's a popcorn flick, and that's probably the best fitting words for this movie. Expand
  71. May 6, 2013
    Transformers is a great Science- Fiction/ Action movie because it kept me entertained the entire time and it never lost my interest once. Plus the acting, special effects, action scenes, dialogue, humor, and the awesome climax all combined make one heck of an action movie. P.S., Even though it's 144 minutes long, it doesn't matter because you will be on the edge of your seat the whole time.
  72. Mar 31, 2013
    this movie is surprisingly good i don't normally like movies with massive technology and massive production but this movie took me by surprise with it's great story original idea great performance by Shia LaBeouf and i loved the transformations in this movie and the comedy was actually pretty good.
  73. Mar 26, 2013
    I think out of all of Michael Bay's movies this one was surprisingly his best. This was a fun action-packed thrill ride. Bay does tend to (at times) throws in some stupid humorous scenes that distracts the story. Like the scene when Sam's parents barge into his room. That scene was completely unrelevant. Plus Sam's "mom" is just so freakin weird. But thank God he doesn't do as much as hisI think out of all of Michael Bay's movies this one was surprisingly his best. This was a fun action-packed thrill ride. Bay does tend to (at times) throws in some stupid humorous scenes that distracts the story. Like the scene when Sam's parents barge into his room. That scene was completely unrelevant. Plus Sam's "mom" is just so freakin weird. But thank God he doesn't do as much as his other films. Overall, this was an enjoyable action thriller that re-defines Hasbro's classic. Expand
  74. Mar 19, 2013
    I never really expect this movie to be anything, since I never imagined that a live action version would work at all. BUT, I hate to say it, Michael Bay didn't do a bad job with this movie (I feel so dirty right now!) This movie acts as a great introduction to the transformers and does a decent job making them believable and reintroducing them to this generation while still showing respectI never really expect this movie to be anything, since I never imagined that a live action version would work at all. BUT, I hate to say it, Michael Bay didn't do a bad job with this movie (I feel so dirty right now!) This movie acts as a great introduction to the transformers and does a decent job making them believable and reintroducing them to this generation while still showing respect to its fans (not as much as they could have, but enough.) Overall: A fun movie that did its job and reawakened my love of the Transformers franchise. Expand
  75. Mar 14, 2013
    This movie has got really good effects. Also it doesn't gets you bored. There is some funny part, some dramatic parts. This movie is full of action. If you want to watch a movie which do you want to impress you then you should watch this movie.
  76. Mar 6, 2013
    This is not a good movie at all. The story is extremely dull and it's pretty much about big explosions and special effects, but I'm sure you already knew that. I'm also pretty sure that the characters were intentionally designed for you to hate all of them by the writers. So to summarize this awful movie in short, terrible story and characters. Absolutely nothing but special effects.
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    A cool depiction of killer robots against good ones. The acting is passable and nothing more and the direction only creates the beats of cool and wow. Not recommended for a good movie.
  78. Nov 29, 2012
    I hadn't seen this movie in a while and I forgot just how much I enjoyed it. I thought the action sequences were incredible and if nothing else, these make the movie worth watching. However, I also thought the cast was great. Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, and many others make up a deep and talented supporting cast and while Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox both take a lot of heatI hadn't seen this movie in a while and I forgot just how much I enjoyed it. I thought the action sequences were incredible and if nothing else, these make the movie worth watching. However, I also thought the cast was great. Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, and many others make up a deep and talented supporting cast and while Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox both take a lot of heat for various reasons, I thought both of them were fantastic in this film. I also enjoyed how the plots developed. You have varying aspects of the entire story developing separately and with different styles but they merge in the end seamlessly. There were also plenty of funny moments that get some laughs. Most of them of by way of comedic relief characters in the decepticons but a lot of the dialogue was also humorous. Overall, this movie is definitely one of my favorite comic/superhero movies. Expand
  79. Nov 18, 2012
    I managed to avoid this film until now, and although my intuition was correct about "Bayformers", I still feel as though I have been raped in the childhood. It's not the Transformers I know, yes, the SFX are great, yes, there are a few good action sequences but this thing is a travesty.
  80. Nov 17, 2012
    I don't know why people hate this film because there is no "philosophical messages"; just light and noise. And? The TV series were just like this. Michael Bay just did what he had to do: resurrect Transformers, with spectacular visual effects and amazing action. I'm Spanish, so I say... Viva Transformers y un aplauso para Michael Bay.
  81. Nov 7, 2012
    For the first hour and a half, I'm thinking wow, Michael Bay has returned to his Rock days. The film was funny, had well paced action sequences, and good dialogue, but once the ending came around, which goes on for about twenty minutes more than it should, I wanted to leave.
  82. Aug 22, 2012
    Good action, a pretty good story, hot girls, and giant transforming machines are what Transformers offers, and delivers superbly. I had the pleasure of seeing this for the first time in a drive-in theatre on a mild summer night. Everybody, and I mean everybody, had their vehicles open and the sound pouring out, and it made for an excellent experience.
  83. Jul 31, 2012
    This movie just doesn't feel very professionally written, and add to that Shia LaBeouf frustratingly wooden acting, you get a "pretty movie" that's enjoyable to a point but easily forgotten. It gets an extra point for Megan Fox.
  84. Jul 25, 2012
    Transformers is an alright film, it isn't brilliant, it isn't terrible, it's just alright. With quite good action, an OK story-line and brilliant special effects. The plot is slightly similar to the original show's more than meets the eye episodes (with more explosions), basically, if you're a massive fan of the old transformers, don't watch it, if you've never really heard of transformersTransformers is an alright film, it isn't brilliant, it isn't terrible, it's just alright. With quite good action, an OK story-line and brilliant special effects. The plot is slightly similar to the original show's more than meets the eye episodes (with more explosions), basically, if you're a massive fan of the old transformers, don't watch it, if you've never really heard of transformers or you've heard of it but your not much of a fan, watch it. Oh, by the way, if you don't like Micheal Bay, DO NOT WATCH IT! Expand
  85. May 23, 2012
    The movie was relatively good, make many true transformer fans dream come true.
    The story was acceptable, on par with the movie. I would give it a 8 or 9 if the filming was better.
    But the fighting scene are just nauseous, and down right awful. Maybe Michael Bay may be trying to hide the faults in CGI graphics... who knows. All you get are scrap metal flying back and forth. I wish
    The movie was relatively good, make many true transformer fans dream come true.

I wish someone will reboot the series soon...
  86. May 3, 2012
    I just think this was not a good movie. The story line was very good, the effects were okay. I was looking ford for this movie but turned out to be a dissoponting movie in my opinion. Transformors 5.5/10
  87. Apr 14, 2012
    I am not a fan of Michael Bay or Shia Labeouf and while the movie itself could have been a lot better, it was enjoyable enough for a summer blockbuster. Optimus Prime was pretty dull but Megatron was good and the other transformer were pretty good too. The action scenes were well made and the editing was good so i didn't feel like i missed anything. However i didn't care for the humans,I am not a fan of Michael Bay or Shia Labeouf and while the movie itself could have been a lot better, it was enjoyable enough for a summer blockbuster. Optimus Prime was pretty dull but Megatron was good and the other transformer were pretty good too. The action scenes were well made and the editing was good so i didn't feel like i missed anything. However i didn't care for the humans, the humour was pretty lame and the story was not very interesting. But despite it's shortcomings, the movie is still fun and entertaining enough to sit through at least once. Expand
  88. Mar 30, 2012
    Wow, amazing movie, really, when I watch the trailer of Transformers I think in two things: The first: Amazing effects, with an amazing story. The second: Other old cartoon to appear in the big screen, and the good part is some of the first. The autobots and decepticons are awesome, have much details, and all this explosions, and battles are epic, the characters be good, but some irritantWow, amazing movie, really, when I watch the trailer of Transformers I think in two things: The first: Amazing effects, with an amazing story. The second: Other old cartoon to appear in the big screen, and the good part is some of the first. The autobots and decepticons are awesome, have much details, and all this explosions, and battles are epic, the characters be good, but some irritant [yes Sam]. The story is really good, not excellent, is good, have some interesting moments. But the rest is normal, any new. Transformers is a good movie, the better of this saga. Expand
  89. Mar 26, 2012
    Michael Bay has finally made a good film. The story was rock solid with visuals that were excellent. Even though I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress she didn't do a horrible job. I think everyone would enjoy this film.
  90. Mar 6, 2012
    Perhaps the best special effects I've ever seen in a movie. The transformations are amazing not to mention super-awesome. The CGI fits in seamlessly with the live action and it's easy to forget how logistically difficult a lot of it would have been to film.
  91. Mar 2, 2012
    Transformers almost feels like an entirely new genre of film. Surprisingly, these robots in disguise actually have personalities, and you want to care for these characters.
  92. Feb 16, 2012
    With badass girls and impressive CGI, Transformers is a hell of a ride!
  93. Feb 5, 2012
    Great visuals and actions with bullets and missiles flying by. This movie is like a complete military showdown. But there should be more actions where the Autobots fight the Deception.
  94. Jan 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While the title may suggest this movie is about "Transformers", those robot aliens play second fiddle to the humans in this flick. The leader of a protagonistic group called the Autobots, Optimus Prime, doesn't even appear until almost halfway through. Although this adaptation isn't as innovative as the animated television program it still packs a punch and it somewhat entertaining. Ultimately, if you love your CGI more than a decent storyline or character development please feel free to check out this otherwise decent feature film. Expand
  95. Jan 15, 2012
    Now here is a decent action movie. It's not great, but it's definitely not bad. It's kind of what you would expect from Michael Bay, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't have a great cast, but who cares? Go rent it and have fun!
  96. Jan 7, 2012
    Transformers is an entertaining film with epic action, breathtaking visual effects and some humor as well, but sadly the film suffers from bad performances and a cheesy story. I give this movie 61%.
  97. Jan 4, 2012
    This film was nearly unbearable. The special effects are well done, albeit excessive. I thought the action sequences were lackluster (and those were the main event). Unsurprisingly, I found myself yearning for something greater by the end, but I became cynical about the sequels.
  98. Dec 26, 2011
    If you're 10 years old, this is perhaps the best movie in the world, and that is because of the masterful CG that Michael Bay has helped direct and develop. If you're older than that however, there are a few problems. The dialogue as a whole is very cheesy, to the point of being comedic in some scenes and the fact that the robots have different human accents is ridiculous. The casting ofIf you're 10 years old, this is perhaps the best movie in the world, and that is because of the masterful CG that Michael Bay has helped direct and develop. If you're older than that however, there are a few problems. The dialogue as a whole is very cheesy, to the point of being comedic in some scenes and the fact that the robots have different human accents is ridiculous. The casting of Megan Fox may have been cost effective and commercially viable, but if the goal of this film was to be admired and respected, someone more accomplished and with an actual ability to act would have been chosen. Her character is very boring, and could have easily been more substantial had Michael Bay wanted it to be, but again, her lack of acting ability is probably what caused the character to be so insignificant and frankly, a waste of the audience's time (unless of course, you are 10 years old). Shia LeBoeuf's performance makes up for others that fall flat like Megan Fox's and Jon Voight's and his casting was certainly the right choice. The story is fine for what it tries to achieve but nothing other than the amazing visuals and sound make this movie worth watching. That said, there will be many Transformers fans who will appreciate this movie more than the rest of us... Expand
  99. Nov 20, 2011
    It was ok. The entire 2 hours you spend watching it does by rather quick and by the end of it all you ask yourself what have they really established. Like all Michael Bay films, Its lacks a good plot and relies far too much on special effects. The cast isnt that bad (Megan Fox definently brings down the overall rating quite a bit) and it looked great but it explained pretty much nothing.

1. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Big, loud and full of testosterone-fueled car fantasies, Michael Bay's actioner hits a new peak for CGI work, showcasing spectacular chases and animated transformation sequences seamlessly blended into live-action surroundings.
  2. Transformers is a wet dream for fanboys, with vehicles that whiz and whir into alien robots, spectacular sci-fi stunt chases, glistening military hardware, overheated computer software and brainy, hot girls who love Popular Mechanics.
    In previous movies, Michael Bay dabbled wearily in Homo sapiens. At last he has summoned the courage to admit that he has an exclusive crush on machines, and I congratulate him on creating, in Transformers, his first truly honest work of art.