First Look International | Release Date: July 18, 2008
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 48 Ratings
Watch Now
JimC.Nov 15, 2008
A fabulous movie with great acting, a mysterious plot that keeps one quessing and interesting scenery. Too bad it didn't make it to the big screens.
SteF.Nov 11, 2008
Great looking movie with some excellent camera work.
AideenM.Nov 14, 2008
The scariest movie I've seen this year.
BobH.Oct 11, 2008
An engaging excitiing movie which maintains one's interest throughout.
JayH.Oct 31, 2008
Good thriller, plenty of suspense, fine performanes and a story that will hold your interest. It is not particularly original but it's handled professionally. Good score and cinematography.
KarinM.Jul 30, 2008
A really interesting and exciting movie, should be more popular.
SennisL.Aug 27, 2008
Emily Mortimer is the best thing in a not-bad thriller. Her character is written to be complex, and the actress nails it. Ben Kingsley adds some flavor. Some convenient bits for the plot to progress, but I recommend it.
GavrilL.Sep 9, 2008
Great thriller....this a the sleeper of the year.
robzJan 21, 2009
Superb acting, a twisting, suspenseful plot, and beautful back drop propelled this movie as a very pleasant surprise.
EssiSMar 18, 2009
I was expecting good things from this film, but I was totally blown away by it´s great script, matched with perfect directing and cast performances. Also the locations were beautiful and mesmerizing. The score was also just right. I was expecting good things from this film, but I was totally blown away by it´s great script, matched with perfect directing and cast performances. Also the locations were beautiful and mesmerizing. The score was also just right. Transsiberian reminded me a little bit of Woody Allens Match Point, which is also an amazing thriller.It is not the easiest genre to pull of, but this film nailed it! I don´t have anything bad to say about this movie. Go see it! Expand
TomR.Nov 6, 2008
I was never sure which genre this plot would twist into - the dining car-door scene totally unsettled me - I felt like Roy looked shortly after. Smashing film.
andrewDec 12, 2008
Very entertaining, intelligent thriller. Well written dialogue and interesting characters, surprising plot shifts, and interesting settings - all very satisfying.
RichRDec 15, 2008
This is a pretty good movie. I really liked the female lead, and I always like Woody Harrelson, who's essentially a comic actor, right? I mean, who could play a more clueless dork??? He still hadn't quite figured out what was going This is a pretty good movie. I really liked the female lead, and I always like Woody Harrelson, who's essentially a comic actor, right? I mean, who could play a more clueless dork??? He still hadn't quite figured out what was going on by the end of the movie. But I loved the scenery and all the colorful local characters, Russian or not. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure this was filmed in Russia, but no matter. Expand
ERG1008Aug 23, 2010
Charity workers go on long way round train journey to get home, meet fellow travellers, couple get separated, Russian police involved.
Quite a decent thriller which builds up nicely & has the inevitable "goes bonkers" at the end.
It does have
It does have some plot holes but always good to see Ben Kingsley in sinister roles & Emily Mortimer is very good too.