Warner Home Video | Release Date: October 4, 2009
8.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 55 Ratings
WATCH NOW
jpettyOct 31, 2010
amazing movie. cant believe no one has reviewed this yet... a new standard for halloween movies. its 3 stories interwoven all around residents of a small town. scary-funny almost like a grown up goosebumps.... aweeeeesssome
Knicksfan7Jun 12, 2011
I totally agree with jpetty on this one. Why is their no reviews for this film? This movie was great, I was scrolling through the list of horror movies the watch on Netflix and I came about this film, and I never regretted it. This movie wasI totally agree with jpetty on this one. Why is their no reviews for this film? This movie was great, I was scrolling through the list of horror movies the watch on Netflix and I came about this film, and I never regretted it. This movie was excellent. It set a new standard for Horror and for Halloween films. It had alot of comedy along with alot of terror throughout. I laughed and I shuddered in fear. This is the first film I have ever seen that has made me laugh and then get scred just a moment after. I was lost as to what was going on the entire movie and I love how it just all came together in the final minutes of the film. This deserves a 10/10 for me, very fun film, I recommend it to anyone. Expand
ILHMFeb 2, 2013
Michael Dougherty makes an incredible directorial debut with TRICK 'R TREAT, a stylish and mean-spirited Halloween anthology that is sure to become a yearly tradition for Horror fans! It is a dark Halloween Night, and the streets are aliveMichael Dougherty makes an incredible directorial debut with TRICK 'R TREAT, a stylish and mean-spirited Halloween anthology that is sure to become a yearly tradition for Horror fans! It is a dark Halloween Night, and the streets are alive with ghouls and ghosts! The school's principal teaches his kids the real meaning of Halloween, and why it is always important to check your candy... A beautiful young co-ed sets off to find a date for her sorority party, but both of them are in for a terrible surprise... Four kids decide to play a mean trick on one of the neighbors at a haunted rock quarry, but the ghosts that reside there don't find it to be very funny... A crotchety old man is the one who gets tricked when he decides not to offer treats to the wrong child... Dougherty doesn't just use the holiday as a cheap backdrop, but immerses the film in the modern traditions and ancient pagan lore that define it. TRICK 'R TREAT is one of the most beautifully shot Horror films to come out of the past decade, illuminating the screen with rich Autumn hues in deep oranges, reds, blues, and browns that bring out the spirit of the holiday. Creeping mists, candlelight, and creaking floorboards drip with spooky atmosphere, and create a world where vengeful spirits surely exist. Dougherty cleverly intertwines each of the sordid tales into his own twisted timeline which comes together perfectly in the end! Look for Dylan Baker, Anna Paquin, and Brian Cox in just a few of the devious roles. -Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
cameronmorewoodNov 15, 2012
Trick 'r Treat had a good idea, but was spoiled by rotten execution. The jokes are stale and the horror is laughable at best.
VenomTHQOct 20, 2011
THE DEFINITIVE Halloween must-see movie! I can't say enough good things about this movie. Great writing, well-acted, good effects, and a new movie "villain" for the ages! Just Watch It!
SEROJJun 7, 2015
Interesting, funny but not so scary. Al though i had fun watching it but its defInitely not the best thriller out there! Overall it's a great movie for Halloween.
MattBrady99Nov 7, 2015
Trick 'r Treat is the most overlooked horror movie that really deserves to be watched by more people, because the movie get's the Halloween atmosphere spot on and it celebrates the hell out.
RobertOBrienJul 4, 2015
This is my favorite horror anthology movie of all time. Not every story is superb, in fact, only two of the four are what I would call great, but even in the lesser stories, this movie feels like Halloween.

The essence, the atmosphere, the

The essence, the atmosphere, the look, this film encompasses everything Halloween. And I love how instead of the traditional "show-each-story-separately-and-in-order", this movie has the four tales take place in the same town, on the same night, at the same time, where all Hell's breaking loose and supernatural terrors are attacking the town's inhabitants. Every tale intertwines and it never feels clunky, it all flows together in a nice, concise, and beautiful manner.

While the movie isn't exactly terrifying, it is very dark, very humorous, and thrives on atmosphere. My favorite tales being The Halloween School Bus Massacre and Demonic Trick 'r Treater at the end of the film. And the ending, without spoiling anything, even though you might see it coming, it is still awesome.

I definitely recommend this one, especially on Halloween. When it brings you back a time in your youth, when on Halloween, any horrific thing you could think of, seemed possible.
itsrobertsfamMar 7, 2017
A very clever, and interesting take on Halloween. "Trick 'r Treat" is one of the best horror anthologies to grace the genre, and one that you'll never forget.