TRON: Legacy

7.1

1. Dec 22, 2010
    I went into this movie with only high expectations for visual effects. I wasn't disappointed, and the story was pretty decent in my opinion. I'd recommend this movie to someone purely based on the stunning visuals and the cool soundtrack.
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    Great visual effects, production design, musical scoring. Nice story. Good actors and actresses. All I can say I am satisfied. Sometimes, we only see the effects but not the story. Good movie!
  3. May 3, 2011
    Amazing visually - I really wish I had the chance to watch this movie in theaters in 3D. I wasn't expecting too much from the plot, but I actually really liked it. And the score by Daft Punk is really sweet. Overall, I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy.
  4. Jan 1, 2011
    OK, what the heck? Whats wrong with these critics!? This movie was AMAZING. I loved every thing about this movie. Great action. Great effects. Great actors. Love it. DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. WATCH IT.
  5. Dec 24, 2010
    I loved this movie... I want more! Go see it.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    I think the critics underestimated the potential this movie has, not only is it good eye candy but it is also a good sequel to one of Disney's greatest live action sci-fi hits.
  7. Dec 31, 2010
    Loved it! Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bridges are all fantastic in this movie. The music was great. The 3D effects were awesome. I definitely would recommend this movie.
  8. Dec 27, 2010
    What a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The newWhat a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The new characters were developed well. Music is absolutely perfect for the film and helps to transport you there. 10/10 for pure cyber punk entertainment. Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2010
    This movie is brilliant. Everything about but especially the visual effects and the soundtrack were quite FTW. And nickissortacool. I recommend this movie to everyone with eyes and ears.
  10. Jan 1, 2011
    Though not as well written as the original, this sequel was quite decent. The story was mediocre, but visuals and audio were spectacular. Definitely a must see for fans of the original.
  11. Apr 12, 2011
    This is a great visual specticle and the characters really come to life. The story isn't much but its not awful. This movie does a great job entertaining and if yyou expect just that, then you will enjoy it.
  12. Jan 1, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie so much!! great acting and visuals!!! I enjoyed watching Jeff Bridges young looks... amazing!! I hope the dvd com with the first movie
  13. Jan 4, 2011
    I do not understand the negative reviews for this film because I LOVED it! I think that some people are forgetting who this film was made by and who it was made for. Of course the film isn't intense and or deeply intellectual it was made byt he Disney company for ALL AGES. I am a college student and went to the film with my boyfriend who is also in college and his twin brothers who are 13.I do not understand the negative reviews for this film because I LOVED it! I think that some people are forgetting who this film was made by and who it was made for. Of course the film isn't intense and or deeply intellectual it was made byt he Disney company for ALL AGES. I am a college student and went to the film with my boyfriend who is also in college and his twin brothers who are 13. All four of us enjoyed the movie and want to see it again. The visuals are breath-taking and the musical score is excellent. I wish that the critics would take a step back and reassess the movie as a whole instead of comparing it to movies which were made for completely different audiences and purposes. Expand
  14. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    i enjoyed this movie, the 3D really made the difference, even thou im not a real fan of tron i enjoyed this movie, the actors are good at best, the storyline to me could"ve been better but still a good movie
  15. Jan 5, 2011
    Why must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artistsWhy must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artists created an amazingly beautiful world and for 2 hours, you are immersed in Sam's journey. Truly amazing visuals mixed with an amazing soundtrack by Daft Punk. A must see in 3D! Expand
  16. Jan 5, 2011
    Tron is such an amazing movie. I found pure perfection in it's overall story line. Long movie, however it was so entertaining throughout the entire movie there was never a boring part especially with all of it's amazing scenes graphics. not one thing looked fake or cheesy. I give this movie a 10 easily! must see dont hesitate!!!!!
  17. Jan 6, 2011
    SERIOUSLY ignore then hate bandwagon that's rolling along (it seems it cool to hate this film) and go see a damn good action movie. Obviously my score gets a +1 as it was IMAX but still think it was great.
  18. Jan 6, 2011
    I don't know why this movie got such a bad critic score, but i loved this movie, it is one of my new favorite movies, i even paid to see it in 3d Twice, and i normally will only go see movies if i have a coupon or get in free. The music is awesome, i even downloaded the Daft punk album! lots of action great storyline, and Olivia Wilde is Strangly extremely attractive :p
  19. Jan 9, 2011
    The Tron Legacy maybe not a matrix caliber film, but even it is a breathtaking masterpiece with unique design and incredible spectacle. The music is clearly one of the best soundtrack. Simply phenomenal. A good hint, if you can watch it in 3D!
  20. Jan 9, 2011
    I really enjoyed it. It's visually spectacular and has an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk. Can't wait for more! Is it going to win Oscars for story and acting? Probably not. Will it win for special effects? It's got a shot.
  21. Jan 9, 2011
    Certainly it lacks strong characters but I'd risk to say Olivia Wilde's performance as an 'app' is somehow praise-worth. I enjoyed. The highlights are the visual effects --the colors combination fits the virtual environment and takes you into it -- and the soundtrack. Never would expect to like Daft Punk.
  22. Jan 12, 2011
    If you were expecting a thought provoking and intensely deep and mind blowing story, A) you went to the wrong movie B) Did you see the original Tron? Come on now... Really? You were expecting an incredible story?

What makes this movie good it: IT'S FUN. It's not about about a well developed story. I agree, there were some holes, and it was lacking in answers and it was extremely simple. But how crazy involved was the original Tron? Not so much. The characters were decent, not great, again they didn't add massive amounts of story to get you really feeling sympathetic towards them, but they were different and fun.

What makes Tron: Legacy good is its atmosphere. The music is incredible. Daft Punk absolutely blew my mind. When "Son of Flynn" start playing while Sam was on his motorcycle towards the opening, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, my eyes widened, and my jaw dropped to the ground. I fell in love with the score right away. Obviously if you don't like electronic music (with very obvious classical influences and basis), you may not have a very good taste in music, but hey, who am I to judge.

Second, the "light" of the entire movie was gorgeous. The costuming and character make-up was so well created that it was obvious how much time and effort they put into the physical appearance of the characters. Lights, buildings, clothing, even the ambient mountains, oceans, fireworks, and overall background had the electronic and mathematical precision and feel of a computer. You felt like you were there.

Thirdly, and finally my last major point, the action was fantastic. For true Tron fans, getting to see the light cycles in a whole new light (pun intended) was absolutely stunning. The disc battles made you feel like you were watching a deadly gymnastics competition. Even the scene with the planes trailing light ribbons was beautiful.

And again, if you had scene the original tron you would have gotten many of the Easter Egg lines and nods to the original movie making it feel even more heart warming after being a fan for so long.

So yes, it was an incredible movie. Yes it had it's problems. But in the end, I felt like I had watch the sequel to the original Tron. I fell in love with the music and the atmosphere. I didn't want the movie to end.

Go see it, but see it for fun.
  23. Jan 20, 2011
    This was Great contrary to what the critic's say TRON is everything that could have been expected from a sequel and even more, Jeff Bridges retains his Flynn character masterfully and the updated technology in cinema and CGI helps set this as a masterpeice... On a side note what really blowed me away was the Amazing score by Electronica duo DAFT PUNK, the robot pair set up an amazingThis was Great contrary to what the critic's say TRON is everything that could have been expected from a sequel and even more, Jeff Bridges retains his Flynn character masterfully and the updated technology in cinema and CGI helps set this as a masterpeice... On a side note what really blowed me away was the Amazing score by Electronica duo DAFT PUNK, the robot pair set up an amazing soundtrack mixing electro with orchestral music Expand
  24. Jan 21, 2011
    Tron Legacy is far from a perfect movie. I found it to be a bit slow in some parts and the plot line is typical. However, the 3D and action are excellent, the characters are great, and the acting is solid. The film also has a solid conclusion. Tron is a movie that is worth checking out, especially with the cool 3D.
  25. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely a solid movie. People who were dedicated to the original film will most likely be disappointed, but lets face it folks. The original was nothing more that a cult phenomena. Its a good movie with a sub par plot but decent action sequences. The evolution of the like cycles is a needed advancement and really brought up the would feel. I enjoyed it and had a good time watching it.
  26. Apr 10, 2011
    Visually this is a very entertaining movie. I saw it first in Imax 3D and it was amazing. I thought that it would not transition well to TV. However, I watched it recently on TV, and while not as spectacular as on the big screen , it was still very good. The plot is pretty weak though. Itâ
  27. Feb 22, 2011
    Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.)Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.) http://bit.ly/dHoUAL -------------- 2.) http://bit.ly/hIVMvw -------------- In any case, it will just not be the same on your TV so try to see it in theaters. -------------- Check out my taste in movies here: http://bit.ly/MyMovies Expand
  28. Mar 9, 2011
    I loved this movie. It felt like a movie 100% geared towards me. The details of the TRON universe are impossible to explain in a movie such as this. It touches on things but does not go into detail, nor can it. Considering the world of TRON was made up by 1 person, how interesting can the world ultimately be. The only X factor is the "race" of digital beings Jeff Bridges discovers butI loved this movie. It felt like a movie 100% geared towards me. The details of the TRON universe are impossible to explain in a movie such as this. It touches on things but does not go into detail, nor can it. Considering the world of TRON was made up by 1 person, how interesting can the world ultimately be. The only X factor is the "race" of digital beings Jeff Bridges discovers but yet are all extinct but 1. Anywho....visuals are amazing and that is what this movie is all about to be honest. I wish there was more in terms of a universe or sequal material but there isn't and I'm ok with that. I walked away from the movie feeling satisfied, the ending was acceptable in terms of liking the movie and being able to walk away. I recommend to see but yet not try to "grasp" every detail, just accept. Expand
  29. Mar 14, 2011
    I went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story wasI went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story was pretty cool although there were a few "how did we end up here from where we were" moments. I don't know if it would be the same watching it at home unless I had a kick-ass home cinema system, which I don't! Really enjoyed this one. Expand
  30. Apr 8, 2011
    i never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had donei never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had done their very best in this.the visual is very good and inside the grid the cgi is stunning,forget cgi in avatar.light cycles are created miraculously.i have nothing bad to say about this movie but best in everything. Expand
  31. Apr 20, 2011
    This movie was an absolutely great film. It had action, suspense, and Jeff Bridges himself. Who could ask for more? Just like the original TRON, this film has not been reviewed great by critics, but is still fantastic.
  32. Apr 20, 2011
    I'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A realI'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A real joy to watch, just don't think about it too much. Also, the soundtrack by Daft Punk is perfection. I hope to see more cinematic work from them in the future. Expand
  33. Apr 21, 2011
    Fantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. ThankfullyFantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. Thankfully the plot left plenty of openings for a sequel. Expand
  34. Aug 10, 2011
    Yes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so ifYes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so if nothing else just go into it as an audio-visual treat and enjoy! Expand
  35. Apr 23, 2011
    The film to be frank was a good one although i didnt understand the plot until near the end i enjoyed it it would have got an 9/10 or 10/10 but the ending lacked something
  36. Apr 28, 2011
    Another fantastic film from disney, TRON is, and will remain, one of the best movies i have ever seen, the concept has been brought to life in a new way with twists to thrill even watchers of the 60's version will love.
    it is a must watch, if not for the slightly confusing story, then for the effects, if not for the effects, then just to say you watched a great movie, but if not even for that, then just to be cool.
  37. Apr 27, 2011
    I really enjoyed TRON-Legacy, perhaps not so much because of the story, but the fact that the visuals and music were stunning. The story was pretty normal and rather clichéd; and as stated in previous reviews actually rather weak. However, the fact that there was the fantastic soundtrack by the French dance geniuses Daft Punk which were so fantastically intertwined with superbI really enjoyed TRON-Legacy, perhaps not so much because of the story, but the fact that the visuals and music were stunning. The story was pretty normal and rather clichéd; and as stated in previous reviews actually rather weak. However, the fact that there was the fantastic soundtrack by the French dance geniuses Daft Punk which were so fantastically intertwined with superb visuals that really made the film stand out. I was perhaps slightly dissapointed with some of the rather lacklustre acting performances, but hey, when the visuals and soundtrack are as brilliant as that, who gives a **** Expand
  38. Jun 2, 2011
    Superbly entertaining! A visual event that pulled me in quick and kept me there the whole time. For those that do not know much of the Tron history, this film does well with educating a new audience while also giving some deserved flavor to old time fans. Performances all around are excellent with Bridges stealing the show!
  39. Mar 31, 2012
    It does not surprise me the subtle nuance of Tron: Legacy is lost on this new generation of "critics". The subtle elegance of Tron Legacy may be lost on kids of this generation who did not grow up into a digital world but, rather, were born into it after it was already here. As a result I expect this sequel is directed more towards my generation rather than the kids who were born longIt does not surprise me the subtle nuance of Tron: Legacy is lost on this new generation of "critics". The subtle elegance of Tron Legacy may be lost on kids of this generation who did not grow up into a digital world but, rather, were born into it after it was already here. As a result I expect this sequel is directed more towards my generation rather than the kids who were born long after Tron hit the big screen.

Here is a little secret, I am old enough to remember the original movie in theaters when it was first released. Riding my deck to the arcade at the mall to play the "new" Tron video game.

We who spent our lives discovering this new digital frontier may be more apt to notice the opening scene, the scene with a younger Jeff Bridges and the young Sam Flynn, is completely digitally rendered. We have come a long way baby from Pong and Space Invaders haven't we? Yes even Sam's grandparents and the opening scene of the front of the house being hit by rain, it's all digital. The movie seamlessly transitions from digital to camera footage and it quickly becomes difficult to tell what is "real" and what is not from scene to scene. This muddy distinction between fact and fiction leads the perceiver to appreciate this movie as more than just a pretty picture with some cool tunes. There is more going on here than just that.

As a sequel Tron Legacy ties up very neatly what has transpired since Flynn was trapped on the Grid so many cycles ago. Sometimes sequels in the video game or digital pop genre can have an ever present feeling of contrivance and surreality that overcomes the story and narrative appeal. Luckily Tron Legacy is so well done that there is nothing to interrupt the telling of the story of what happens next. It is clear to me that a great deal of care and love went into the creation of Legacy as a sequel and I am grateful the producers and director decided to do it right.

A word to a new audience. Even though you may be tempted to jump straight into the world of Tron without accessing the first iteration, I would highly advise against it. Without the knowledge of the first story, new viewers in the world of the Grid may not be able to appreciate the subtleties of the back story that make Tron Legacy a very worthy sequel. Without that back story and the knowledge of what happened to Flynn in the original movie, I can easily see how a new generation would perceive this movie as little more that a colorful music video with some effects thrown in. This perception would be a shame, truly a disservice in my opinion to a great and deep story. Much of the narrative in this movie would surely be lost on a new viewer unfamiliar with the original.

The music created by Daft Punk is excellent and fits the narrative sequences without becoming overbearing. In my opinion Daft Punk captured the essence of what it would be like to experience the Grid in an aural sense and, as a result, the mood they create with their beats works together seamlessly with the flow and telling of the story. The soundtrack by itself is masterfully done and worth a listen in its own right.

For these reasons, and probably a few more that will come to me in a few more cycles, I highly recommend this movie but make sure to see the original first.

Don't mess with my Zen thing man.

end of line
  40. Jun 15, 2011
    Whilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft PunkWhilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft Punk was also quite groovy and fitting.

Although TRON: Legacy is not to be considered a 'top' film, it was definitely an enjoyable digital adventure that those of all ages can follow and be entertained by.
  41. Jul 14, 2011
    A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However,A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However, if you ignore that and simply be absorbed by the visuals, score and sound, you have a very imaginative ride. Expand
  42. Nov 29, 2012
    It's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, whileIt's funny because every flaw the original Tron had, this movie corrects. However, almost all character and charm from the first film is lost in this one. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the original. The charm and originality of the setting and concept do not do enough to compensate for the terrible acting, mediocre effects, cheesy dialogue, and prolonged plot. This movie, while not so original, compensates for that by actually having pretty decent acting, amazing effects, a plot that isn't dull and boring, and is just in general a much more entertaining movie. It's only real flaw for me was that it left behind the concept of the personalities of the computer programs and was essentially just another modern science fiction movie with cool effects. The world feels almost more alien than computer. I also thought they could've expanded on the ending quite a bit. The movie ends with them talking about "changing the world" but no method for this is explained in any way. I assume they left it open like that in order to whore out the franchise in the ensuing years with sequels but I'm a believer that movies should be able to stand alone.

On a side note, if you watch this movie on blu-ray, be sure to check out the extra called "Flynn Lives" after you watch the movie. It's one of the most interesting extra features I've ever seen in movies. Most movies just throw in useless deleted scenes, interviews, and some segments on how things were made. Most people don't really care about that stuff, however, this extra is one that they could've, and actually should've included after the credits. I think a lot of people would've been interested to watch these 5 minutes after the film since it fit so well. Also, I've gotta mention Olivia Wilde. Obviously she's absolutely beautiful. However, I thought her character completely stole the screen. Quorra might have been the only really interesting character in the movie and Olivia Wilde did a great job in portraying that. Overall, this was a really good movie that might not appeal as much to the nerd niche but one that I think more people would enjoy.
  43. Aug 24, 2014
    I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though. The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
  44. Jan 3, 2013
    The visuals of the film look great (and it makes good use of 3D as well), The acting is solid, but I think the plot, which was sort of stupid, definently hurt the value of the film quite a bit. However, I enjoyed watching it so much that I can look past that. Definently underrated by critics imo.
  45. Jul 17, 2013
    Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
  46. Jul 10, 2012
    TRON: Legacy, a film like this, I've waited years for. The storyline was a bit rushed but the dazzling visuals and soundtrack more than made up for it. Daft Punk did a good job on the soundtrack and the special effects team did a more than amazing job. Great work.
  47. Jul 22, 2012
    This movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. This movie was in every way a movie about a dystopian future, though it took place in a modern setting. What was missing was a lot of the cynicism andThis movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. This movie was in every way a movie about a dystopian future, though it took place in a modern setting. What was missing was a lot of the cynicism and despair that accompanies the dark futures of the other films. Instead it ended with hope and reconciliation. It did more than forecast doom from a range of questionable trends, it examined without genuflection or apology the contrast between an attempt to achieve perfection according to what might well have represented a thousand philosophies or ideals, and the wild universe of the world we can all associate with. Here we find the same misgivings expressed with the vicissitudes of death, age and illness but counters all that bitterness with what ought to be lamented which is being lost right now--family. What this movie does further is divorce a potentially perfect society from lewdness and depravity of lifestyle, the real cause of misery in life, or at least doesn't focus on it but gives it due perspective by wrangling it in with evil in general. That is not found in most of these films because the makers themselves cannot divorce themselves from their lifestyle. This 'divorce' is that which, if missing or failed, will like divorce shred society after family is murdered. So here we see the problem and the solution in a single cinematic statement. Here we see a dividing line because this movie or this theme at least is despised by those that can't stand what preserves a family, morality, or praised for being a somewhat creative if simple champion of basic decency. Books and colleges, blogs and intellectuals aren't quoted for it, so we see what becomes the source of concern, the reason for dark tomorrows in movies and the woes forecast in literature--despair not because the future is bleak, but because no one wants to take responsibility over their own lives. Interesting that filth has become an all-too prevalent fixture in media, the self-defeating contagion that can't spare its creator any more than such a creator can spare his audience the illness of their own mind. Why should it when the mind in question cannot keep itself from lewdness? Disney needs to wear laurels for this relatively good and decent film as well as their vision, but especially for holding up the family and all the traditional and time-honored principles socketted in its crown and scepter as the guardian and steward for the future. So what's your status in that kingdom? Expand
  48. Jan 18, 2013
    I waited 28 years to see a sequel. The light cycle scene was better than expected, but then it is 28 years later. I've seen several complaints about "dude" and "radical" being used, truth is that if you were trapped in the system since the 1980's, your vocabulary would be the same. Visually, overall, it was spectacular. The storyline could have been better, but it's a 28 year inI waited 28 years to see a sequel. The light cycle scene was better than expected, but then it is 28 years later. I've seen several complaints about "dude" and "radical" being used, truth is that if you were trapped in the system since the 1980's, your vocabulary would be the same. Visually, overall, it was spectacular. The storyline could have been better, but it's a 28 year in waiting Disney movie sequel. The performances were good. Having Daft Punk do the music score, and the timing was excellent. My only real complaint is that the movies namesake didn't have more screen time. Worth buying. My copy is going up beside the 20th anniversary edition of the first Tron. Expand
  49. Mar 20, 2013
    Better then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for something fun, but don't look too deep into the plot.
  50. Mar 24, 2013
    Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like thisReally gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand
  51. May 16, 2013
    it freaking awesome get it now
  52. Jun 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Look all that i got to say after 4 well going to five years since it came out all i have to say is the movie is flawed, but enjoyable, from the scenery that takes place in the grid, something that was recreated from a computer that ran 2mb per minute and im saying in the making of the film, this was the biggest part that was great in my opinion, the grid is so far the best cgi created image in a scale as half of the map of a new RPG most recent The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I'm going off topic here, the thing is sequels that got us waiting for years is a bad thing, if handled badly, direction was good, the cast was average, but it lacked one thing the title character TRON, uptly named Rinzler, and how did he came to be RInzler, TRON Uprising was gonna answer the question, but sadly it got cancelled, like recently TRON 3, but why?, call it TRON 3, after all Tron died in the grid Presumed so as the rest of the programs, Disney now profiting for their new Cows to milk like the MCU, and the new SWCU(yes not a joke that's the Star Wars Universe name now.) And also the soundtrack by Daft Punk, Groing up with some songs that i heard from movies got me into some Gernes as Alt. Rock, Electronic, Orchestra, Daft Punk fuses their base Electronica w/h some Orchestra, and it sounded great, i hadnt heard it recently, but the most tense songs was track 4, the characters in this movie we see the return of two base characters(clu and rinzler doesnt count even rinzler is tron, and clu is it's second revision, if you want to see the fate of Clu 1.0 watch TRON) Clu 2.0 is the overseer of the grid naming himself the ruler, filled with an ego of perfection, and organizing the programs with each sector and punishing them with execution, or to play the "Games" which was the original program way of an unwanted entrance or an easy legal execution.(we'll go into it later) Sam Flynn the son of the dissapeared Kevin Flynn, he was a rash and uneasy character to "like" not in a bad way, he is an interesting character but we don't know much of him or the gap from (1989 - 2010) he mentioned a few but not to win the audience over. Quora the last remaining iso(again covering that later) she is the rebel, or most likely the renegade trained by Flynn (watch Uprising it is a good show with a good cast). Kevin Flynn the man who created clu he is a user like Sam but he is the first user to get into the grid (see TRON it is a good movie even if it's dated it is still a good movie) he tried to make the perfect system where programs and isos can be together where there is peace, who got obsesed with the grid after Maria's Death in '85. the extras the programs who inhabit the world of the grid are barely seen, in most cases fights but the interaction on each are lifeless, the isos mostly Zeus who repaired himself after he suffered an attack (watch a walkthrough of TRON Evolution or buy it used on gamestop) the army of clu are lifeless dolls who have no personallity with good reason, Clu has mannage to reprogram most of the programs that were derezzed or rectafied and they are sent to the reprograming center to be a part of clu's army, the humans these lacked personallity except Adam Bradly the man who created TRON who became the CEO of encom after the dissapearence of Flynn, and the extras as well lacked even the son of the former CEO of encom lacked any emotion he was mostly dressed like a hipster but a smart programer, sorta like is father. the setting and plot here were at the weakest point of the film how they handled the plot, the story wasn't well placed as it was a puddle who dried up after wards it had excitment curiosity and a lot of action, the down fall was the hype, like any other, the setting gets merits it is dark and what i liked about it were the new locals and the designs of the programs, not the suit, i mean how the programs look and talk some may look in a state of despair and some look decimated with the cubic scars or literall depth how should i say this they scared me and the derezzing and they'er cry after that also gave me goosbumps, and the discs the new disks looks slick and more agile with cqc or from far distance and they come back like Captain Americas Sheild or the original Light disk, then there's the vehicles like the redesigned light bikes and they looked great so as the EMCOM1 bike, the Redesigned Recognizer, and also the Light Runner. After that lets go into it's message the ISOs caused fear to the programs as did humans when they discovered new lands the isos didnt know what to do the code they had would shape humanity as we know it, but Clu fell to fear and fear got him to extinct the isos "killing" tron (Uprising watch it now) and restoring the grid were most of the critical points and that there will be no questions asked i give TRON: Legacy a total score of 7, i like this movie but i cant hate it Not like ROTF but tron gave me a fun experience and so others and if you want to watch it is your choice END OF LINE. Expand
  53. Jul 18, 2013
    A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film!
  54. Jun 1, 2014
    "You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
  55. Apr 23, 2014
    It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects.
  56. Jan 3, 2014
    In my opinion, this a great movie! It has a great story, and the effects and the fake lights are amazing! I saw it in 3d, and it was one of my favorite movies I have ever seen! I would definitely get this movie on dvd or blueray!
  57. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know itTron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
  58. Jul 4, 2015
    TRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of your hand. Now as always, Jeff Bridges gives a great performance as CLU and his recurring role as Kevin Flynn. I wasn't impressed with the performance ofTRON: Legacy is one of the most visually striking films I have ever seen, based on the popular video game from the 80's, this does a perfect representation of the game. The story is so good you could literally grasp it in the palm of your hand. Now as always, Jeff Bridges gives a great performance as CLU and his recurring role as Kevin Flynn. I wasn't impressed with the performance of Garrett Hedlund who played Sam Flynn, to me was just a little too stale, he said things that excessively used all the time with give me a headache. Then there's the beautiful Olivia Wilde who's performance as Quorra was incredible, she never had one flaw but to me she was one of the films perfect characters. Disney had announced that they are coming out with another TRON films sooner are later, but TRON: Legacy was a very exciting thrill ride. Expand
  59. Mar 8, 2016
    Really enjoyed this movie. Love how they manage to bring back Jeff Bridges character and tie the first movie into this one. Also visually beautiful.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1692409-TRON-Legacy-online-free

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.