7.1

1. Dec 19, 2010
    Hated it! The Tron movie absolutely stinks. I'm a real fan of science fiction movies like the matrix, inception, and avatar, but Tron did absolutely nothing for me with its unengaging storyline. The 3d visual effects were cool in the beginning but the movie had no emotional substance and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Don't waste your money on this clunker. Tron is a dud.
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    Is this what we've become? Applauding a less than mediocre attempt to jumpstart our childhoods? Sorry, this is just a bad movie. Sure, it winks at the original. Sure, the dude is cool. Sure, it's very very pretty to look at. But, what do you walk away with? What motivation is there for more? As bit would say: Nonononononono! Bad script. Boring for about 85%. I walked out sad. The lightIs this what we've become? Applauding a less than mediocre attempt to jumpstart our childhoods? Sorry, this is just a bad movie. Sure, it winks at the original. Sure, the dude is cool. Sure, it's very very pretty to look at. But, what do you walk away with? What motivation is there for more? As bit would say: Nonononononono! Bad script. Boring for about 85%. I walked out sad. The light cycle match was beautiful. Stay for that, then just go. The critics are right.......and I hate critics. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Try to look up Tron and you get Legacy on the net. And what was the girl's name in the first film? A Michelle P knock off...Olivia Wilde is hot but so what? It's basically the film redone, but, again, who cares? Good effects don't make a film. Yeah, in this case, the first film was better. Better villain, etc. Too bad. Glad I spent no more than 7 dollars U.S. on it. Didn't waste my time with 3D or IMAX either. Best lines are throw-away. Some times life is more than just wants and needs...but life seldom goes beyond that. Libations for every one...because I can't stand the fact I'm sober and having had 2 plus hours wasted afternoon. Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2011
    This was so bad that I would have walked out of it if I had been by myself. The dialog and the characters were ABYSMAL and there was absolutely nothing special about the special effects. I can't Jeff bridges agreed to this complete crap-fest.
  5. Jan 4, 2011
    weak. weak weak weak. nothing surprised me or stopped me from almost taking a mid movie nap. had to keep shoving popcorn in my mouth to stay awake. fight scenes were pretty cool, but storyline was generic, just disney once again taking a possible awesome movie and making it an average piece of sh@#.
  6. Dec 18, 2010
    Man was I let down. The story was awful, the acting felt like they were there for the money. I give it a 5 cause i loved the 2 action sequences there were. I was really looking forward to this one. Not sure what they were thinking.
  7. Dec 19, 2011
    It boasts one of the best assembled casts, who work well together, and has some just stunning visual effects, but you don't really know what is going on because the special effects are to distracting. I give this film a 48%.
  8. Jan 9, 2011
    That was the worst movie of the year I could barely sit through it.The storyline was awful so they try to make up for it with special effects.they try to wow you with 3D which wasnt so special because every movie has that now.Do yourself a favour and dont see this film
  9. Feb 9, 2011
    I took my younger brother to see this movie, and we wanted to walk out of the theater it was so boring. This movie was trully disapointing. The begining was pretty good, but then got boring, and the ending was completely predictable. I watched the origanal Tron and it was very good, and sadly this movie killed it. WASTE OF MONEY!
  10. Dec 17, 2010
    Wow. The visuals were great but that's about it. The dialog is so bad it feels like they found TRON fanfiction online and decided to run with it as a script. At one point, a very zealous security guard chases the main character to the very top of a sky scraper, and greets him with, "Hey! didn't anyone ever tell you that stealing is wrong!"
    I chuckled - thinking it was supposed to be
    I chuckled - thinking it was supposed to be funny in an off-beat 90's-action-film hipster way; then the movie went on and i realize that it wasn't a joke, it was the dialog's ceiling of creativity.

The actor who plays the main character is so devoid of emotional inflection in his speaking, it's like he's never actually talked to another person in his life and is basing his role on what he's heard human communication is like. The girl from house is pretty good actress, but the real Jeff Bridges is the only ceaselessly good actor in the whole movie. The young, CGI, beowulf version of Bridges bizarrely falls far into the uncanny valley. His plastic artificialness is most apparent during a "rousing" speech he gives, during which it's noticeable that his face never creases when he talks, and his lips don't sync up with his words.

Also, what was up with Cillian Murphy at the beginning playing a shady member of the board who's implied to be behind the leak of ENCOM's OS, only to never be seen again for the rest of the movie?
    And why's it called TRON when you only "see" him (helmet) for a total of maybe 28 seconds in the whole movie? The user score really shames me that a country, once the intellectual leader of the world, is full of so many people who think movies are only about special effects. I give it a 1 just for how visually impressive it was, but hopefully next time they put as much time and money into finding a good screen writer and set of actors as they did into making Sam Flynn's clothes all sparkly.
  11. Dec 19, 2010
    Overall disappointing. Amazing CG and music. OK 3D effect. Unfortunately, simpleminded "for 6 year olds" plotting and movie grinds to a halt several time for droning "backstory/exposition" dialogue. Certainly not a strong story to go with the pretty visuals. Jeff Bridges is wasted.
  12. Dec 18, 2010
    This film was terrible. It was worse than the origional. at least the origional had a story and plot, much like the new star wars films. Like why did they keep the disks on there backs where there easy to steal........also if the army went through the portal they would all end up in a small room which would cause the world to implode.......

To sum up if you want to see a good film dont

To sum up if you want to see a good film dont see this...see never back down. that film is amazing and well deserved its oscar.
  13. Dec 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Oops." That's how the romantic puts it, when he realizes his grave miscalculation. Nobody will be looking for him. The weekend warrior is off the grid, and with his food and water supplies approaching near-depletion, the romantic finds himself suddenly full of regret. At the very least, he should have told his boss. The foolhardy rock climber is indeed between a rock and a hard place, just like Kevin Flynn(Jeff Bridges), who gets stuck between a floppy and a hard disk when the computer programmer misses the zero hour of the portal, leaving him trapped in cyberspace at least a 120 months. Oops. But he's no Aron Ralston, the lone wolf explorer(portrayed by James Franco in Danny Boyle's "127 Hours"), who made his peregrination to the outback without telling a soul, and almost paid the ultimate price, by an arm's length. The video game creator left behind tracks. Big ones. "Tron: Legacy" opens up in 1989, the last time that Sam will see his father as a child. On this last night, Kevin tells his son about the miracle: the grid, the digital frontier that he helped create with Clu and Tron(in other words: he, "himself", and Alan's avatar), so when the Encom CEO turns up missing, Sam(as well as Tron's "user", played by Bruce Boxleitner) should know where to start looking for him, but the time-condensing scenes that bridges the then and now, seems to indicate that during the intervening time, nobody entertained the possibility of the obvious, as to the senior Flynn's whereabouts. Is the boy an idiot? Talk about "sound and fury signifying nothing", in which Sam, left fatherless and without direction, grows up angry, sabotaging his dad's company on a yearly basis with some elaborate prank, when all the boy needed to do was conduct a canvassing of the his father's old haunts, which would have eventually led him to the video arcade, and a less-dramatic reunion. Finally, after learning from Alan(who knows about "the grid", too) about a page that the boy's guardian received from his father's office, Sam goes to Flynn's, perhaps for the first time in two decades(the electricity was never turned off), and at long last, discovers the secret room behind a coin-operated video game. So even though he's pushing thirty, Sam(Garrett Hedlund) gets to live every quarter-poppin' boy's fantasy back in 1982(to be Mario; to be Pac-Man; to be the man on the ostrich in Joust), when he infiltrates the electronic landscape and becomes one with the gaming light. How much better would "Tron: Legacy" be if Sam was younger? Most likely, a lot. By accident, though, his relatively advanced age works as a social commentary on the gaming industry's demographics, which, of course, includes Sam's lot, when in fact, video games probably started out as a child's preoccupation. Not surprisingly, the younger Flynn, with no discernible career plans ahead of him or family to speak of, essentially is still a kid, undergoing an extended adolescence. He has time to play Tron. Like its Steven Lisberger-directed predecessor, "Tron: Legacy" gets weighed down by a muddled story, ostensibly written by a human, yet seems more like the work of an Atari 2600(and the Sears knockoff), but unlike the original 1982 "Tron", the special effects aren't nearly distinct enough to offset the dearth of narrative wizardry. Despite being less elaborate than the latest in CGI technology, the spectacle created by Harrison Ellenshaw and Richard Taylor had the look of a video game, and was heavily invested with intellectual properties that the new effects flat-out lack. Whereas the light cycles and neon frisbee death match correlates nicely to the graphics in a coin-operated machine, its newfangled re-imaginings are too elaborate, not looking at all like something "God"(circa the 80s: the time period that Flynn was supposed to have invented this "new frontier") could have created. The effects should look like something a player could manipulate with a joystick. That's what made the original such a joy to behold. It looked playable. As a result , the two films don't seem connected, despite the presence of Jeff Bridges, whose Kevin Flynn resembles something straight out of a Samuel Beckett play, waiting for Sam like he does. When the two men meet, both father and son should be furious at each other, but an argument about the boy's tardiness would have emphasized the looming plot-hole, which presents itself loud and clear enough already during that long-ago bedtime story that the father imparts to his son. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2011
    This could have been such a great movie. Visually it is simply amazing, the art direction is great, and the CG in general is amazing (with the exception of the young jeff bridges). But after the first half hour the story becomes boring and unfocused. The slow action sequences do not help either to push the story forward, and after 2 hours you are begging for the film to finish. This isThis could have been such a great movie. Visually it is simply amazing, the art direction is great, and the CG in general is amazing (with the exception of the young jeff bridges). But after the first half hour the story becomes boring and unfocused. The slow action sequences do not help either to push the story forward, and after 2 hours you are begging for the film to finish. This is what happens when you give such a complicated film to a new comer director, and some tv screenwriters (as good as they are, the film story format is quite different from tv). Expand
  15. Jan 11, 2011
    TRON: Legacy was an absolutly amazing science fiction movie of all time! It is this year's Avatar or better! The effects were dazzeling, the music was awesome, and everything was just great! Though, the storyline wasnt that great, but other than that TRON: Legacy did deliver a great performance for all of us.
  16. Jan 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This isn't at any means a good movie. It fails in each aspect; the only positive of the movie are its special effects. Can't believe someone would give it anything more than a 4. It doesn't deserve nothing near it, as the script has nothing appealing and fails to get one's attention. The whole forced drama plot is preposterous and Olivia Wilde's character is just absurd. Kevin's horribly acted and seems to play God, (at least this is how Quorra seems to see him; her speech about Kevin was embarrassing.)

And then, there's a whole "good VS evil" thing going on, while the characters don't have any real depth and just lack charisma. One of the worst films I've seen in a while, as it's appeal is only visual (and the effects aren't as breathtaking as comments try to induce). It is kind of the new "Avatar": nice effects. Terrible script.

I seriously advice everyone to stay away of this one. I loved Jeff Bridges when he did The Big Lebowski, or when he did The Men Who Stare at Goats. But now despite his efforts there's no way I'm finding his character convincing nor real.

3/10, more like a 1/5.
  17. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are going to see this movie and are expecting lots of actoin then don't. but if you want too see the movie for the not so good anyway story then see it. but overall its really not that great of a movie. Expand
  18. Jan 1, 2011
    This film is **** but for todays standard what film isn't?
    The almost cringeingly unoriginal story line is enough to make you want to leave, but I was with my friends and even the urgent need to piss wasn't enough to make me leave my seat at the North Finchley Vue this Friday. The plot is in shambles and Disney was going downhill. So why didn't I go to the toilet?
    Firstly I have no idea
    This film is **** but for todays standard what film isn't?
    Firstly I have no idea but it might have been something to do with the awe inspiring 3D Grapics or the bouncy techno from the dancefloor legends Daft Punk that is so hard to not listen to.

Going back to the plot, Flynn's son Sam goes after his missing father and stumbles across the old arcade
    which leads him to Tron World, he faces a series of challenging games and meets his Dad's old friend C.L.U.E, who has turned evil. One hell of a **** plot

Overall Im am a very disappointed 12 year old

not as good as the original, though still was enjoyable But altogether I am a reasonably disappointed 12 year old
  19. Feb 8, 2011
    A masterpiece that definitely lives up to its predecessor. However, I don't get why some critics are whining about the script/plot. It seriously wasn't that hard to follow. Personally, I had a harder time following Inception's plot, and I saw the damn movie twice!
  20. Jan 7, 2011
    Visually gorgeous, yet abysmally retarded, this outrageously poor follow-up to such a ground-breaking film was better off left in someone's mind. While I'm not averse to the movie-with-a-message, this movie was so ridiculously PC it made me openly groan several times during the movie. Instead of respecting the first film's cutting edge theme, the filmmakers chose to one-up the graphics,Visually gorgeous, yet abysmally retarded, this outrageously poor follow-up to such a ground-breaking film was better off left in someone's mind. While I'm not averse to the movie-with-a-message, this movie was so ridiculously PC it made me openly groan several times during the movie. Instead of respecting the first film's cutting edge theme, the filmmakers chose to one-up the graphics, which with 25+ years-later technology available, I would certainly expect, and dumb-down (while simultaneously backslapping the heart) the concept that was so pioneering that it was better left alone. Unfortunately, in between weak, watered-down action scenes, we get elementary dialogue, poor acting and way too many messages about why building the perfect digital world has made us neglect and forget the perfect world in which we already live. To top it off, we have a techie-gone-hippie Kevin Flynn, played by a tepid performance by Jeff Bridges who can't help but occasionally morph into "The Dude." Sure, we all change as we get older. And, absolutely, we come to appreciate the world around us more as we increase with age, but this movie needed a Wachowski Brothers-like approach to the action and deep theme in order to warrant any serious consideration. Instead it was written by people who have spent more time on CW teen dramas than anything of technical substance. If you haven't seen it and love the first one, don't waste your time or memories on Tron Legacy. Expand
  21. Dec 21, 2010
    This sequel to the cult classic puts the son of the original online adventurer (Jeff Bridges) in his father's "grid," an ultra-high-tech computer world. There are a couple of flashy races and the design is sleek and neon beautiful. There's also way too much talk and nonsense plot to drag the momentum to a standstillâ
  22. Dec 31, 2010
    Crap. Weak story, poor character development, and a dumb paint by numbers climax. The only thing that makes this worth seeing is the visuals and even they are merely okay. What a disappointment. Three of us where bored and ready to leave the theatre. Let's hope in another 20 years they do a better job of TRON 3. Even Jeff Bridges was boring in this one. Disney has had two cracks atCrap. Weak story, poor character development, and a dumb paint by numbers climax. The only thing that makes this worth seeing is the visuals and even they are merely okay. What a disappointment. Three of us where bored and ready to leave the theatre. Let's hope in another 20 years they do a better job of TRON 3. Even Jeff Bridges was boring in this one. Disney has had two cracks at this franchise and still haven't made a good movie. Call Pixar, Walt.

p.s. - Michael Sheen was the lone bright spot in an otherwise waste of effort.
    p.p.s. - Okay, the ladies looked wonderful too.
  23. Dec 26, 2010
    Its visuals are as stunning as its dialogue is awful. It is worth-seeing in a theater, especially in IMAX, to revel in its special effects and sound, but, my God, the dialogue is laughably bad. It also doesn't help that it's at least 30 minute too long, with an increasingly tiresome plot.
  24. Dec 27, 2010
    This was the worse film I've seen since "Splice" earlier this year. The four stars given are for the visuals - without them it is a one star film. Clearly this is not a good year for Science Fiction. The plot is SO slow and plodding, and the dialogue - well, you have to hear it to believe it. "Tron - What have you become?" - laughably bad. All of the money was spent on the visuals,This was the worse film I've seen since "Splice" earlier this year. The four stars given are for the visuals - without them it is a one star film. Clearly this is not a good year for Science Fiction. The plot is SO slow and plodding, and the dialogue - well, you have to hear it to believe it. "Tron - What have you become?" - laughably bad. All of the money was spent on the visuals, certainly not on the script. I'm a fan of Jeff Bridges but his talent is wasted here. The visuals are great, and I saw it in 3D and it was one of the better films to use that technique, but I found myself looking at my watch at least three times hoping it would end. Everything is totally predictable, and borrows heavily from other Sci Fi movies. If they make any more of these films I hope they concentrate more on the script next time. Expand
  25. Dec 30, 2010
    I can't say much without spoiling the whole movie so I won't. I will say the story is too simple and slightly confusing. The special effects aren't that great and Jeff's CGI face looks like a bad PS2 game especially when put next to real humans. The combat (ground and ship) is never satisfying or impressive, and the characters are all shallow and cliche.

There's literally nothing to see

There's literally nothing to see here that's enjoyable or hasn't been done to death. Very disappointing.
  26. Jun 18, 2011
    With such a weak plot the only fall back for the viewer is the visual effects - and even that wasn't particularly groundbreaking - despite some nice effects. It was at least 30 mins too long, way too much unnecessary dialogue and general banter with consequently several "just get on with it" moments. When the viewer gets so bored that they're no longer very interested in the finalWith such a weak plot the only fall back for the viewer is the visual effects - and even that wasn't particularly groundbreaking - despite some nice effects. It was at least 30 mins too long, way too much unnecessary dialogue and general banter with consequently several "just get on with it" moments. When the viewer gets so bored that they're no longer very interested in the final outcome, that makes a movie a failure. A pity because if it had just had a better story and contained more humour and fun (without even having to enhance the effects) this would be an 8/10 movie. Expand
  27. Dec 29, 2010
    Visually stunning and comes with incredibly cool toys, Tron: Legacy still fell flat on the story and had a very dull script. The story is about the son of a virtual world designer (Garret Hedlund) goes looking for his father (Jeff Bridges) and ends up inside the digital world that his father designed. He meets his father's creation, Clue (Jeff Bridges), turned bad and a unique ally who wasVisually stunning and comes with incredibly cool toys, Tron: Legacy still fell flat on the story and had a very dull script. The story is about the son of a virtual world designer (Garret Hedlund) goes looking for his father (Jeff Bridges) and ends up inside the digital world that his father designed. He meets his father's creation, Clue (Jeff Bridges), turned bad and a unique ally who was born inside the digital domain of The Grid. Jeff Bridges played both the role of Kevin Flynn and Clue in this film. If you hadn't notice, they digitally rearranged his face so he'd look like a younger version of himself. Now talk about the 3D, sure the movie looked cool and all but the first thing popping up on the screen was "This film is not all in 3D, some of its parts will be in 2D since it is shot that way." Basically it meant the movie was converted at the end. There was not one scene that was meant for 3D that I can see. Although I loved the way the film looked and how cool the premise is, the 3D is laughable and the dialogue is annoying made Tron:Legacy fell short from its original. Expand
  28. Jan 8, 2011
    I have this film kinda sucked. The story was weak and so was the script. Jeff bridges in this film, as his older Self doesn't seem to do much or no way near as much as the first anyway. His CGI self, although much more involved, doesn't look great as his cold dead eyes distracts you from the films otherwise spectacular visuals. I seriously think that the only good thing was Olivia Wilde.I have this film kinda sucked. The story was weak and so was the script. Jeff bridges in this film, as his older Self doesn't seem to do much or no way near as much as the first anyway. His CGI self, although much more involved, doesn't look great as his cold dead eyes distracts you from the films otherwise spectacular visuals. I seriously think that the only good thing was Olivia Wilde. But seriously Disney, if your going to make another one, improve on the story! Expand
  29. Dec 18, 2010
    Stunning visuals, complete eye candy! Tron script won't win the Pulitzer Prize but amazing 3D experience. Good family fun during the holiday season for all of us.
  30. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is an example of one that it's trailer was amazingly better than this. The trailer pumps you up, makes you want to see, feel and enjoy the action, but the end product disappoints.

The movie is visually stunning, the soundtrack is amazing, and some actors pull it off just fine (Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlund, Olivia Wilde). The movie revs it up at the beginning, with the light

The movie revs it up at the beginning, with the light cycles and disk battles (which aren't seen again), but after that, it just trudges along with tons and tons of dialogue, light action, dialogue, dialogue, and boom, final action scenes. It could have cut some parts and made it a looooot shorter. Overall, it's a decent movie, but the story needed some more work to make it an amazing experience. Don't do drugs watching this movie.
  31. Dec 19, 2010
    Great visual effects. Decent enough story for a film that is special effects focused. It starts off strong, but part way through I found the pacing becomes sluggish and disjointed at times.
  32. Dec 22, 2010
    The movie didn't have to be 3D, because most of it wasn't, but the 3D scenes were nicely done and the digital visual world was pretty cool. The first half of the movie was somewhat intriguing and interesting. But the second half really hit a lull and didn't recover. The dialog was horrible and the characters dull, almost trite. Some of the story seem borrowed from Star Wars.

The visual

The visual effects and the first half was good to see in the theater in 3D, but I wouldn't want to rent it.
  33. Dec 26, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Daft punk's soundtrack is outstanding, but is hard to think of any other reason to watch the movie. The visuals are great? Indeed they are. But you can't stand watching a whole movie only for its visuals, specially as they are the same in all the movie. It seems that the designers first created wonderful images, but then run out of ideas. Action sequences were not as entertaining as they should have been and the plot was developed terribly. There was never tension, and the audience never really connects with any character. Acting is good, though not great. Jeff Bridges, Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett did a great job. Hedlund's Sam Flynn is however a soulless character; he acts as if he was a bored teenager playing videogames all the time. There was more humanity in Quorra, a 'program', than in Sam, the 'user'. Expand
  34. Dec 27, 2010
    Visuals: Fantastic. Writing, direction, acting, basically everything else: Awful. It was fun to look at, though. Jeff Bridges was good. Everyone else was terrible. Whoever wrote the screenplay should never write again.
  35. Mar 6, 2011
    Tron: Legacy has really good special effects. I think thats it. Movie was interesting at times but the rest is just really boring. Couldn't really understand the story (probably because I didn't see the original). The special effects were really good but it overshadows everything else.
  36. Jan 6, 2011
    This movie is pretty much awesome, don't freakin listen to the critics! It's an amazing audio/visual experience that will definitely blow your mind!! The acting is great, the directing is great and i was pretty stunned when i saw it was made from a non-famous director. The music score... all i can say is that after i saw the movie i was in youtube for hours listening to the soundtrack.This movie is pretty much awesome, don't freakin listen to the critics! It's an amazing audio/visual experience that will definitely blow your mind!! The acting is great, the directing is great and i was pretty stunned when i saw it was made from a non-famous director. The music score... all i can say is that after i saw the movie i was in youtube for hours listening to the soundtrack.
    About the story... i don't get it, how can some ppl say it lacks in story (ofc it's not "silence of the lambs" or "shutter island") but i guess ur mind was blacked out from the visual awesomeness and u didn't really pay attention to the film (poor IQ).
  37. Jan 7, 2011
    Deriving from an understandable desire to become free beings, humanoid computer programs turn against their users/creators. However, the way they intend to achieve their freedom is morally problematic. The programs' uprising is lead by a dictatorship that is already responsible for a genocide of an alien race with the purpose to get rid of "imperfection". The movie then tries to conveyDeriving from an understandable desire to become free beings, humanoid computer programs turn against their users/creators. However, the way they intend to achieve their freedom is morally problematic. The programs' uprising is lead by a dictatorship that is already responsible for a genocide of an alien race with the purpose to get rid of "imperfection". The movie then tries to convey that the idea of perfection is often misunderstood. It claims perfection is the diversity and asymmetry appearing in nature, and therefore condemns the idea that perfection is found in geometry. This hints at the idea that geometry really is only an approximate description/a simplification of the unique wonders of the real world that helps our limited minds try to understand life. Unfortunately, most of this critical thought is not elaborated in the movie and gets lost in special effects. Expand
  38. Mar 20, 2011
    This movie was great. To some people it may not be because they saw the original. Like people like me i did not. So i think it was good. everyone held their role and the story line was very interseting
  39. Feb 19, 2011
    Its really not worth watching. No seriously. The graphics are gr8.... The weapon used is a frisbee i mean come on seriously. The vehicle was sexy. And costumes were how do i put this ahhh awkward. yah. The story was just fine. The background was plain n more empty(in the program). Ya dats abt it.
  40. Mar 4, 2011
    An excellent movie. Once in a while the critics are wrong and this movie is a perfect example. It follows the plot of the original and both the visuals and the music are astounding. Definitely worth to see.
  41. ALF
    Aug 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have many fond memories of the original film which I shall not share, only that I went to the cinema twice to see the original. I have been looking forward to this for some time and it did not disappoint. I really cannot understand some of the comments made by supposed critics, seems like a lot of "look at me hot air." Tron2 is a worthy successor to the original and they have opened up a possible franchise with some of the storyline. The effects were excellent. One of the critics commented about the light cycles as being the only thing to watch. What about the motorcycle chase? The leap off the building? The arena fight? Perhaps dear critics you should think before you write, perhaps watch the movie again (even I see new things every time I watch it) and then comment, but that would be too sensible. Expand
  42. Jun 11, 2011
    This is a lifeless, dull film that looks as drab as the script reads. But the major issue I have with the film is that it so often looks "real". A shiny solid slick place instead of a realm made of bits and bytes.
  43. Apr 23, 2011
    This movie is the embodiment of mediocre. I love the original, even though it too had it's moments of poor writing. Yet it was really original for it's time. This one loses some of the originality, and has way too many terrible lines. Even the elder Flynn throws out way too many 80's slang words. This movie is mostly a cash in on a movie that has become a cult classic. The onThis movie is the embodiment of mediocre. I love the original, even though it too had it's moments of poor writing. Yet it was really original for it's time. This one loses some of the originality, and has way too many terrible lines. Even the elder Flynn throws out way too many 80's slang words. This movie is mostly a cash in on a movie that has become a cult classic. The on redeeming quality is the amazing special effects. Yet the story is weak, the dialogue is poor, and much of the acting sub par. Collapse
  44. Jun 6, 2011
    Crap.. what more can I say.

Umkay, I can say more... I pity the artists who worked on this, as much of what they created was an innovative twist on unimaginative themes. The 3d/2d artists deserve some cred, for doing what they did within the the clearly claustrophobic confines of the director. Everyone else... u suck!!! Horrible writing, acting, directing..... horrible, unwatchable crap
    Crap.. what more can I say.

Everyone else... u suck!!! Horrible writing, acting, directing..... horrible, unwatchable crap all around.

You get a 2, because you are sort of psyfi, and not Lex (which is beyond horrible)... be grateful for Lex, or you would get -5... ok, zero, as that's as low as it goes. Lex made everything to come after better by being so god-awfully bad--stupid Canadians, what where you thinking.
  45. Jun 14, 2011
    There was a point in Tron Legacy that I decided I wasn't enjoying it. What that exact moment was I can't quite recall, but when it manifested itself it continued to hang over my head like The Sword of Damocles. I don't think Tron Legacy is a bad movie by any means, and it certainly does have enough gloss and sheen to look down its nose at anything around to date (Avatar aside), but it'sThere was a point in Tron Legacy that I decided I wasn't enjoying it. What that exact moment was I can't quite recall, but when it manifested itself it continued to hang over my head like The Sword of Damocles. I don't think Tron Legacy is a bad movie by any means, and it certainly does have enough gloss and sheen to look down its nose at anything around to date (Avatar aside), but it's just completely forgettable. Being a sci-fi fan, and especially a fan of one its more fascinating sub genres 'cyberpunk', I felt completely let down, and even a little annoyed. Finer points aside, The Matrix and the Tron movies pretty much run the same course, and are both examples of science fiction in the not to distant future that ask the fundamental question 'who are we?'. Whereas The Matrix explores this notion, in a future where identity is no longer just a physical medium, with a level of insight and philosophical debate, Tron Legacy tip toes around even the basic fundamentals and eventually ends up exactly as Disney wanted it to be... a throw away family movie with a merchandising dollar sign stamped all over it. I didn't dislike Tron Legacy, I just though it was an opportunity wasted Expand
  46. Aug 23, 2011
    Il fallait s'y attendre, Tron l'Héritage n'est pas une perle question scénario (histoire lisse, personnages sans intérêt). Mais le film se démarque (comme on s'y attendait également) par son ambiance electro pop (bruitages, bo de Daft Punk) ainsi que par son rendu visuel époustouflant (accessoires,Il fallait s'y attendre, Tron l'Héritage n'est pas une perle question scénario (histoire lisse, personnages sans intérêt). Mais le film se démarque (comme on s'y attendait également) par son ambiance electro pop (bruitages, bo de Daft Punk) ainsi que par son rendu visuel époustouflant (accessoires, costumes, décors, effets numériques). Au final, Tron 2 reste un spectacle ébourrifant et grandiose. Expand
  47. Sep 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a nutshell: Movie wasn't that good. Olivia Wilde made it watchable, but hell, she makes anything watchable. CLU's CGI face was truly awful. Now, I'm a pretty big scifi fan. My shelves right now are littered with Star Trek TOS novels. I also own an almost complete collection of BattleTech novels. I'm well versed in the science fiction genre. But hell's bells, I still had no **** idea what was so special about those goddamn ISOs. Last time I checked, an ISO was something I mounted to my Daemon Tools to pirate software. They do a really piss poor job of explaining exactly what's so amazing and world-altering about these ISOs. They're just these magical miracles and it's gonna change religion and push the boundaries of human civilization and... and what the **** Why? Why are they so amazing? This is never ever explained with any degree of clarity or satisfaction. I mean, they just look like regular Tron programs with some tattoos. And Quorra seems perkier then everybody else. That's it. That's the only difference I can tell. There needed to be way more explanation. And yeah, I've heard that Tron Evolution actually does go into it and explain the ISOs in more detail, but cmon. You shouldn't have to play a video game to get a key plotpoint in your film.

And really, this is supposed to be a Disney film marketed to children, right? If I, a 25 year old guy who reads tons of scifi can't figure this out, how's a kid supposed to?

Also, a roast pig? Why is there a roast pig in there? Where did he come up with a pig? Do you even need to eat food while in the Grid? Aren't they all digitized? Later on, they have Quorra drinking some blue vial, like it's energy. The disconnect between those two scenes is huge. And uh, how did Flynn come up with all those volumes of old books? Tolstoy, Dosteovsky, Jules Verne? Did he memorize all those books? Did he pull a "Book of Eli?" That seems unlikely, no? Then where did they come from? Were they already on the computer mainframe? Why would these books be on a corporate mainframe? You might say that those works are available on the internet, but this mainframe isn't hooked up to the internet. It couldn't be, because it's about 30 years old, and having an internet connection available to CLU would be really uh, dangerous.

Lightcycle sequence was great, but that was right at the 30 or 40 minute mark. They never ever managed to come close to that setpiece in the second or third act. It's like Superman Returns, where you just get the airplane rescue and then nothing else exciting happens. You can't just blow your wad in the first act and call it a day. There needed to be more great scenes like that, but it never took off. The ending action sequence with the airplanes dogfighting was kinda boring. And I'm not really sure what that last maneuver was. Did they just fly higher and higher until both planes stalled and fell back down? I'm not 100% clear, but it seems like that's what they did. But... why would airplanes in the Grid stall? They're in a computer program, do aerodynamics and the properties of lift have to conform exactly to the real world? It seems kinda silly, doesn't it?
  48. Feb 20, 2012
    Visually, it is amazing. The main problem is that the movie is hard to follow towards the middle, and suffers because of it. See it for the effects, but not for the story.
  49. Jan 7, 2012
    Eh. Cool special effects. That's about it. That's all I expected though. But I must say, the soundtrack was stellar. Daft Punk did an amazing job and I'd like to see them do another movie.
  50. Jan 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm glad someone told me to watch Jeff Bridges like he was playing Lebowski because it made the film more entertaining. I actually really like the story of this film, but its just done so badly. It looks amazing but no one looks like they care about anything, ''Look we're in a Tron movie!'' kinda thing. I didn't care about any of the characters apart from Tron himself but then stopped caring about him when his change of heart isn't even explained. The music is great too, but the film is just flat as hell. It's a shame too, because like I said, the actually backbone story of the film could of been very interesting if done right. Expand
  51. Jul 1, 2012
    This is just another movie witch try's to impress you with special effects and a weak story sort of boring for most of it. The world of Tron is cool but that's the only really interesting thing about this film. Overall Tron was a awful film. Tron Legacy 3.8/10
  52. Jan 23, 2013
    The idea is original, but the movie is painful.
  53. Oct 26, 2013
    First time feature director Kosinski delivers thrills and a touch of heartache inside a very impressive palate of colors and noise. And I'm not afraid to admit that, as completely muddled and incomprehensible as modern action sequences have become, I enjoyed the fact that our heroes and villains were color-coded. Try to make it to an IMAX theatre for this one.
  54. Jan 23, 2011
    When I first saw this movie, I absolutely loved it. But when I saw it again.......eh. I kinda like it, but there's so much wrong with it. The visuals were awesome, the action was cool, Jeff Bridges and Michael Sheen were good, and I loved the soundtrack. But the film's bad script, lazy plot, lack of explanation for most plot devices, mediocre acting asides from the two above (although itWhen I first saw this movie, I absolutely loved it. But when I saw it again.......eh. I kinda like it, but there's so much wrong with it. The visuals were awesome, the action was cool, Jeff Bridges and Michael Sheen were good, and I loved the soundtrack. But the film's bad script, lazy plot, lack of explanation for most plot devices, mediocre acting asides from the two above (although it would be really hard to be good with this bad dialouge), bad pacing, and the ending kept it from being that good. Now, keep in mind, I'm not trying to be a snobbish critic. I can always love a good dumb popcorn flick. I mean, I love Transformers 2 and I really like Clash of the Titans and the A-Team. But the action, while cool, wasn't good enough to elevate it to that level of dumb popcorn flick, and the movie took itself way too seriously, It thought it was a Matrix or Inception level sci-fi masterpiece and it wasn't. But I do recommend it. Just see at a matinee, and only see it once. Expand
  55. Dec 27, 2010
    "Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the"Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the screenplay by Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis is dull with uninspired dialogue and a lack of real emotions. But what the screenplay lacks the sheer power of this visuals, action, story and the return of Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn greatly makes up for the lack of compelling dialogue in this film. First time director Joseph Kosinski and cinematographer Claudio Miranda do a bang up job bringing this visually lush world to life breathing life into a rather lifeless film and in the process creating a fantastical film that literally jumps out of the screen. "Tron Legacy" is a massive improvement on the original in both visuals and style what the original lacked this absorbing sequel makes up for it with a high octane, bold adventure that is ripped right from the world of TRON, this film may lack compelling dialogue but it has just enough intelligence, style, charm and just enough well written dialogue to save this from being a disaster "Tron Legacy " is a magical in the sense of its wonder and excitement, in its visuals and its at times emotional father son tale at the heart of this film. This film is not one of the years best and it is nowhere near as good as any other high gloss Science Fiction adventure such as "The Matrix" or "Inception" but "Tron Legacy" proves to be one of the years most enjoyable popcorn adventure flicks and one of the most enjoyable film of this holiday season. I loved every minute of this wildly entertaining film.

To watch this film you have to leave you inhibitions at the door, you have to leave logic at the door and just sit back and enjoy the ride, which is what I did. I just sat back and enjoyed this film for what it is flaws and all and trust me when I say this movie has a boatload of them. To save this film the embarrassment I am going to restrain from naming them. However, I will name one the plot; the plot of this film is so full of holes big enough that you could stuff the whole digital world into it. That is not the point of this film that is not why it was made. If this film was made to be "Inception,â
  56. Dec 27, 2010
    This movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't workThis movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't work was the computerized version of the younger Jeff Bridges (KLU). Just looked fake.. They might have been better off just using another actor there, but i like the idea of KLU being him. Really can't complain too much about this film. Could it have been smarter or had some better acting (Jeff Brigdes' son kind of lame), probably, but overall i was sucked into this movie. Expand
  57. Dec 30, 2010
    Personally, I think a 49 is very undeserving. I walked into this film with fairly low expectations, and was wowed with almost everything. The acting was superb throughout the entire film, the CG was phenomenal (not CLU), the 3D was nice, and the story was very good. Don't trust the critics, go watch this movie for yourself. I'm sure you'll love it.
  58. Dec 22, 2010
    Dude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the firstDude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the first Tron--AND you think the idea of a light bike appearing out of thin air when a neon-rimmed program-sapien breaks a glowstick in two--then go see Tron and get your brain Daft Punked in 3D. Fact: Seeing Tron is a lot more fun than reading some socially confused movie critic's ten paragraphs about the Wikipedia version of Proust. Expand
  59. Dec 28, 2010
    I'd say it is a good movie with a bad script for the main character. Luckily, he doesn't speak too much. The face animation for Jeff Bridges is horrible, though.
  60. Jul 29, 2011
    keep watching this movie..... its an onslaught of incredible visuals and amazing music... can't stop listening to the soundtrack either... first time since star wars. Daft Punk... who I wasn't a fan of prior blows minds in this musical score. And the story is quite sellable and tolerable for both children and nostalgic adults alike. Tell your kid about the first Tron movie... and thenkeep watching this movie..... its an onslaught of incredible visuals and amazing music... can't stop listening to the soundtrack either... first time since star wars. Daft Punk... who I wasn't a fan of prior blows minds in this musical score. And the story is quite sellable and tolerable for both children and nostalgic adults alike. Tell your kid about the first Tron movie... and then watch this one with them. In HD. Expand
  61. Feb 13, 2014
    A visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should beA visual masterpiece that oozes cool all over the place. Tron: Legacy is an outstanding continuation from the 1980s original, one that will greatly impress viewers. It's no surprise that Disney was a part of this given the level of technical detail put into the film. Everything about it is great, except there's that notion of shallowness that can't be escaped. A great movie should be rewatchable multiple times, and while Legacy does so much to entertain your visual and audible senses (Daft Punks original score for the movie is OUTSTANDING), the way the story is told feels a bit underwhelming considering how impressive everything else is. I absolutely love this film and I hope Disney puts more into the story next time (there's confirmation that, at this time, a follow up movie is in the works). The actors were fantastic (how can you say no to Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde!?), I just could have used more weight to the plot instead of a very cookie-cutter format. Still, I highly recommend this movie! Expand
  62. Jan 3, 2011
    I guess the risk of making a sequel after almost 30 years is that people have expectations, and more than that their own interpretations of the original, and how a sequel should play out. I grew up with the first Tron, and went in expecting to be disappointed, but have to say Legacy might be one of the best, most intelligent sci-fi/fantasy movies I've seen in years. I don't think the storyI guess the risk of making a sequel after almost 30 years is that people have expectations, and more than that their own interpretations of the original, and how a sequel should play out. I grew up with the first Tron, and went in expecting to be disappointed, but have to say Legacy might be one of the best, most intelligent sci-fi/fantasy movies I've seen in years. I don't think the story is lacking at all, in fact I think it's filled with a lot of subtle subtext rather than beat-you-over-the head preachiness you'd find in something like Avatar or The Matrix. Either way don't let the reviews turn you away, if nothing else the effects and music are top notch, and it's worth the ride. Expand
  63. Jan 3, 2011
    This movie was brilliant!!!The only thing i wanted was more at the end for example what happened to the company and how was the ISO adapting to life...
  64. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tron Legacy: Sequel to the original which was released nearly 30 years ago. I myself haven't seen the original Tron film, so I can't say whether its a worthy sequel or whether it was worth the wait, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the film. The special effects were quite awesome and the film brilliantly made use of the IMAX 3D, and managed to give us some astounding graphics within the Grid. It's good that the film makes concessions to those that haven't seen Tron, by giving us a little backstory about the first film and how it ties into the second film. The lightcycles and light disk fights are the best parts of the movie, and there should've been more of that. The acting is quite good, all of the actors give great performances, especially Garret Hedlund as main character, Sam. Martin Sheen gives the best performance, as the vibrant and ecstatic bar owner Zeus, injecting charisma into every scene he's in. And Daft Punk get three cameos as DJs, changing the song when a fight breaks out. However, this isn't a perfect film. A number of the dialogue that comes from Sams mouth sounds quite cliched and the script isn't exactly oscar-worthy. It isn't exactly a surprise when Zeus betrays Sam to CLU and it seems pointless having Quorra send him there in the first place. And the final part in the grid where Flynn has CLU bond back with him makes you think "why wait until now to do that?". Also, de-aging Jeff Bridges doesn't exactly work, just making him seem video-gamey. Granted, it works for CLU, but doesn't really work for Flynn. All in all, I recommend this film. Just don't expect much of character development and go in expecting a dazzling visual for your eyes rather than for your mind Expand
  65. Dec 25, 2010
    This is a very good movie, don't listen to the "49", it deserves over a 90. Enjoyable movie. I don't understand the negative reviews but it's a good movie and worth a check.
  66. Apr 19, 2011
    Highly enjoyable movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a fresh take on an old classic and found the main characters believable. The special effects were good and I was mostly able to forget that I was watching a Disney movie. I especially liked the sound track and have been a fan of Daft Punk for years.
  67. Apr 5, 2011
    I watched the original about 2 weeks prior to watching this sequel.

Great visuals, great sounds (way to go Daft Punk), great acting from Jeff Bridges who really makes the movie.

Not amazing, or ground-breaking by any means, but a polished and well-treated production.
  68. Dec 22, 2010
    I went into this movie with only high expectations for visual effects. I wasn't disappointed, and the story was pretty decent in my opinion. I'd recommend this movie to someone purely based on the stunning visuals and the cool soundtrack.
  69. Jan 1, 2011
    Great visual effects, production design, musical scoring. Nice story. Good actors and actresses. All I can say I am satisfied. Sometimes, we only see the effects but not the story. Good movie!
  70. May 3, 2011
    Amazing visually - I really wish I had the chance to watch this movie in theaters in 3D. I wasn't expecting too much from the plot, but I actually really liked it. And the score by Daft Punk is really sweet. Overall, I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy.
  71. Jan 1, 2011
    OK, what the heck? Whats wrong with these critics!? This movie was AMAZING. I loved every thing about this movie. Great action. Great effects. Great actors. Love it. DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. WATCH IT.
  72. Dec 24, 2010
    I loved this movie... I want more! Go see it.
  73. Jan 24, 2011
    I think the critics underestimated the potential this movie has, not only is it good eye candy but it is also a good sequel to one of Disney's greatest live action sci-fi hits.
  74. Dec 31, 2010
    Loved it! Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bridges are all fantastic in this movie. The music was great. The 3D effects were awesome. I definitely would recommend this movie.
  75. Dec 27, 2010
    What a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The newWhat a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The new characters were developed well. Music is absolutely perfect for the film and helps to transport you there. 10/10 for pure cyber punk entertainment. Expand
  76. Dec 30, 2010
    This movie is brilliant. Everything about but especially the visual effects and the soundtrack were quite FTW. And nickissortacool. I recommend this movie to everyone with eyes and ears.
  77. Jan 1, 2011
    Though not as well written as the original, this sequel was quite decent. The story was mediocre, but visuals and audio were spectacular. Definitely a must see for fans of the original.
  78. Apr 12, 2011
    This is a great visual specticle and the characters really come to life. The story isn't much but its not awful. This movie does a great job entertaining and if yyou expect just that, then you will enjoy it.
  79. Jan 1, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie so much!! great acting and visuals!!! I enjoyed watching Jeff Bridges young looks... amazing!! I hope the dvd com with the first movie
  80. Jan 4, 2011
    I do not understand the negative reviews for this film because I LOVED it! I think that some people are forgetting who this film was made by and who it was made for. Of course the film isn't intense and or deeply intellectual it was made byt he Disney company for ALL AGES. I am a college student and went to the film with my boyfriend who is also in college and his twin brothers who are 13.I do not understand the negative reviews for this film because I LOVED it! I think that some people are forgetting who this film was made by and who it was made for. Of course the film isn't intense and or deeply intellectual it was made byt he Disney company for ALL AGES. I am a college student and went to the film with my boyfriend who is also in college and his twin brothers who are 13. All four of us enjoyed the movie and want to see it again. The visuals are breath-taking and the musical score is excellent. I wish that the critics would take a step back and reassess the movie as a whole instead of comparing it to movies which were made for completely different audiences and purposes. Expand
  81. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    i enjoyed this movie, the 3D really made the difference, even thou im not a real fan of tron i enjoyed this movie, the actors are good at best, the storyline to me could"ve been better but still a good movie
  82. Jan 10, 2011
    Now this movie is hard for a critic like myself because the story is pretty poor... but the graphic features are good, the cast is great and i don't see why I have to have a negative comment.
  83. Jan 5, 2011
    Why must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artistsWhy must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artists created an amazingly beautiful world and for 2 hours, you are immersed in Sam's journey. Truly amazing visuals mixed with an amazing soundtrack by Daft Punk. A must see in 3D! Expand
  84. Jan 5, 2011
    Tron is such an amazing movie. I found pure perfection in it's overall story line. Long movie, however it was so entertaining throughout the entire movie there was never a boring part especially with all of it's amazing scenes graphics. not one thing looked fake or cheesy. I give this movie a 10 easily! must see dont hesitate!!!!!
  85. Jan 20, 2011
    My personal favorite scene in thiz movie is the opening scene, where young Kevin Flynn was telling his son the story of inside The Grid, the digital frontier that expected to become true someday. In that scene, you could see for the first time the figure of young Jeff Bridges was created, the camera angle tried to distract our view by spinning the face direction. Only then when he stood inMy personal favorite scene in thiz movie is the opening scene, where young Kevin Flynn was telling his son the story of inside The Grid, the digital frontier that expected to become true someday. In that scene, you could see for the first time the figure of young Jeff Bridges was created, the camera angle tried to distract our view by spinning the face direction. Only then when he stood in front of the room door, finally you would be able to see his face in full image. That was awesome. 61-year-old Jeff Bridges just looked like when he was starring in BLOWN AWAY (1994). Afterwards, the story revolves around the grown-up Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) receives a new clue about the disappearance of his father twenty years ago. His investigation ends up dragging himself into cyber-universe of his father computer system creation. Thiz is a sequel from the original movie, TRON in 1982. The Director is unknown Joseph Konsinski, thiz is his first feature film for big screen. I can see some weaknesses around the plot and unnecessary dialogue, particularly in the middle of the movie. However, the high concept of how they build a whole new neon-futuristic universe is fascinating, especially the bike and the car which are very dashing and impressive. I think all Casts look cool, but only in styles, not acting. The sexy skin-tight costumes on Quorra (Olivia Wilde) and Gem (Beau Garrett) are totally jaw-dropping. Michael Sheen transforms into some sort of David Bowie character as Zuse, the charismatic night-club owner, but it is still brief and empty element is attached to the story for overall. Some of the action scenes are boosted with great fusion of electronica tracks by Daft Punk. Do you notice that those French electronic DJ have also appeared in thiz movie? Where are they? In case, if you have missed it, they are the duo masked DJ at Zuse Club. I know that thiz movie is left with tons of unanswered questions, but personally I also enjoy a new whole concept of philosophies (just like in THE MATRIX (1999)). There are so many stuffs to think about. Why do we have to chase for the perfection? While it has already there, right in front of us all these times. Since the long a time ago, I was concerned that many of young people in thiz generation were wasting hundred of hours by playing video games, while there were so many things more worth doing. Kevin Flynn is right! The only way to win thiz game is not to play it. These whole things are not just about User Vs. Program, Tron Vs. Clue, Blue Vs. Orange, or The Evil-side Vs. The Good-side. The movie simply reminds us, the biggest enemy is none others than ourself.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  86. Jan 6, 2011
    SERIOUSLY ignore then hate bandwagon that's rolling along (it seems it cool to hate this film) and go see a damn good action movie. Obviously my score gets a +1 as it was IMAX but still think it was great.
  87. Jan 6, 2011
    I don't know why this movie got such a bad critic score, but i loved this movie, it is one of my new favorite movies, i even paid to see it in 3d Twice, and i normally will only go see movies if i have a coupon or get in free. The music is awesome, i even downloaded the Daft punk album! lots of action great storyline, and Olivia Wilde is Strangly extremely attractive :p
  88. Jan 25, 2011
    The movie was a spectacular show with regards to its special effects. The story is however a bit off what would have been was for Disney to let another studio handle this to increase its action sequence and improve its script. What I can say was that this movie combined with Daft Punk's score made it a truly remarkable piece of work.
  89. Jan 9, 2011
    The Tron Legacy maybe not a matrix caliber film, but even it is a breathtaking masterpiece with unique design and incredible spectacle. The music is clearly one of the best soundtrack. Simply phenomenal. A good hint, if you can watch it in 3D!
  90. Jan 9, 2011
    I really enjoyed it. It's visually spectacular and has an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk. Can't wait for more! Is it going to win Oscars for story and acting? Probably not. Will it win for special effects? It's got a shot.
  91. Jan 9, 2011
    Certainly it lacks strong characters but I'd risk to say Olivia Wilde's performance as an 'app' is somehow praise-worth. I enjoyed. The highlights are the visual effects --the colors combination fits the virtual environment and takes you into it -- and the soundtrack. Never would expect to like Daft Punk.
  92. Jan 12, 2011
    If you were expecting a thought provoking and intensely deep and mind blowing story, A) you went to the wrong movie B) Did you see the original Tron? Come on now... Really? You were expecting an incredible story?

What makes this movie good it: IT'S FUN. It's not about about a well developed story. I agree, there were some holes, and it was lacking in answers and it was extremely simple. But how crazy involved was the original Tron? Not so much. The characters were decent, not great, again they didn't add massive amounts of story to get you really feeling sympathetic towards them, but they were different and fun.

What makes Tron: Legacy good is its atmosphere. The music is incredible. Daft Punk absolutely blew my mind. When "Son of Flynn" start playing while Sam was on his motorcycle towards the opening, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, my eyes widened, and my jaw dropped to the ground. I fell in love with the score right away. Obviously if you don't like electronic music (with very obvious classical influences and basis), you may not have a very good taste in music, but hey, who am I to judge.

Second, the "light" of the entire movie was gorgeous. The costuming and character make-up was so well created that it was obvious how much time and effort they put into the physical appearance of the characters. Lights, buildings, clothing, even the ambient mountains, oceans, fireworks, and overall background had the electronic and mathematical precision and feel of a computer. You felt like you were there.

Thirdly, and finally my last major point, the action was fantastic. For true Tron fans, getting to see the light cycles in a whole new light (pun intended) was absolutely stunning. The disc battles made you feel like you were watching a deadly gymnastics competition. Even the scene with the planes trailing light ribbons was beautiful.

And again, if you had scene the original tron you would have gotten many of the Easter Egg lines and nods to the original movie making it feel even more heart warming after being a fan for so long.

So yes, it was an incredible movie. Yes it had it's problems. But in the end, I felt like I had watch the sequel to the original Tron. I fell in love with the music and the atmosphere. I didn't want the movie to end.

Go see it, but see it for fun.
  93. Jan 20, 2011
    This was Great contrary to what the critic's say TRON is everything that could have been expected from a sequel and even more, Jeff Bridges retains his Flynn character masterfully and the updated technology in cinema and CGI helps set this as a masterpeice... On a side note what really blowed me away was the Amazing score by Electronica duo DAFT PUNK, the robot pair set up an amazingThis was Great contrary to what the critic's say TRON is everything that could have been expected from a sequel and even more, Jeff Bridges retains his Flynn character masterfully and the updated technology in cinema and CGI helps set this as a masterpeice... On a side note what really blowed me away was the Amazing score by Electronica duo DAFT PUNK, the robot pair set up an amazing soundtrack mixing electro with orchestral music Expand
  94. Jan 21, 2011
    Tron Legacy is far from a perfect movie. I found it to be a bit slow in some parts and the plot line is typical. However, the 3D and action are excellent, the characters are great, and the acting is solid. The film also has a solid conclusion. Tron is a movie that is worth checking out, especially with the cool 3D.
  95. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely a solid movie. People who were dedicated to the original film will most likely be disappointed, but lets face it folks. The original was nothing more that a cult phenomena. Its a good movie with a sub par plot but decent action sequences. The evolution of the like cycles is a needed advancement and really brought up the would feel. I enjoyed it and had a good time watching it.
  96. Apr 10, 2011
    Visually this is a very entertaining movie. I saw it first in Imax 3D and it was amazing. I thought that it would not transition well to TV. However, I watched it recently on TV, and while not as spectacular as on the big screen , it was still very good. The plot is pretty weak though. Itâ
  97. Feb 22, 2011
    Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.)Delivers what you'd expect. Mind-blowing visuals and a storyline on-par with the original -- take that as you will. In any case, I didn't blink for two hours. If you do see TRON Legacy, I suggest a RealD performance over an IMAX 3D one, preferably on an AMC Theaters' ETX screen. This is how I viewed it after reading these two articles: -------------- 1.) http://bit.ly/dHoUAL -------------- 2.) http://bit.ly/hIVMvw -------------- In any case, it will just not be the same on your TV so try to see it in theaters. -------------- Check out my taste in movies here: http://bit.ly/MyMovies Expand
  98. Mar 9, 2011
    I loved this movie. It felt like a movie 100% geared towards me. The details of the TRON universe are impossible to explain in a movie such as this. It touches on things but does not go into detail, nor can it. Considering the world of TRON was made up by 1 person, how interesting can the world ultimately be. The only X factor is the "race" of digital beings Jeff Bridges discovers butI loved this movie. It felt like a movie 100% geared towards me. The details of the TRON universe are impossible to explain in a movie such as this. It touches on things but does not go into detail, nor can it. Considering the world of TRON was made up by 1 person, how interesting can the world ultimately be. The only X factor is the "race" of digital beings Jeff Bridges discovers but yet are all extinct but 1. Anywho....visuals are amazing and that is what this movie is all about to be honest. I wish there was more in terms of a universe or sequal material but there isn't and I'm ok with that. I walked away from the movie feeling satisfied, the ending was acceptable in terms of liking the movie and being able to walk away. I recommend to see but yet not try to "grasp" every detail, just accept. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.