7.1

1. Mar 12, 2011
    Eventually saw this movie, it was better than i was expected, at first for it's plot, which is quite interesting, however ending was very ''casual'' and expectable with some traditional Hollywood tricks, which slightly disappointed me, but overall this really good, with spectacular design and soundtrack, but it doesn't matters against main idea of the film- Seeking of perfection.
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    I went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story wasI went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story was pretty cool although there were a few "how did we end up here from where we were" moments. I don't know if it would be the same watching it at home unless I had a kick-ass home cinema system, which I don't! Really enjoyed this one. Expand
  3. Apr 8, 2011
    i never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had donei never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had done their very best in this.the visual is very good and inside the grid the cgi is stunning,forget cgi in avatar.light cycles are created miraculously.i have nothing bad to say about this movie but best in everything. Expand
  4. Apr 20, 2011
    This movie was an absolutely great film. It had action, suspense, and Jeff Bridges himself. Who could ask for more? Just like the original TRON, this film has not been reviewed great by critics, but is still fantastic.
  5. Apr 20, 2011
    I'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A realI'll be the first to tell you that the acting, plot, and screenwriting in TRON are nothing to give awards about, but I still enjoyed the movie immensely. Here's why- IT'S FUN! This movie is an absolute joy to watch. The visual effects are astounding; the computer-generated landscapes breathtaking. The action scenes are exciting and the plot is just absurd enough to keep you excited. A real joy to watch, just don't think about it too much. Also, the soundtrack by Daft Punk is perfection. I hope to see more cinematic work from them in the future. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2011
    Fantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. ThankfullyFantastic as the visuals are, the story has some big logic holes (Why would the son wait till he's nearly 30 to look for his dad at his old arcade?) as is the movie is a bit short sighted at the goals of what the fans of the original wanted to see. It was good to see a lot of the original cast showing up for thier old roles, but the ending left me cold much the way matrix 3 did. Thankfully the plot left plenty of openings for a sequel. Expand
  7. Aug 10, 2011
    Yes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so ifYes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so if nothing else just go into it as an audio-visual treat and enjoy! Expand
  8. Apr 23, 2011
    The film to be frank was a good one although i didnt understand the plot until near the end i enjoyed it it would have got an 9/10 or 10/10 but the ending lacked something
  9. Apr 28, 2011
    Another fantastic film from disney, TRON is, and will remain, one of the best movies i have ever seen, the concept has been brought to life in a new way with twists to thrill even watchers of the 60's version will love.
    it is a must watch, if not for the slightly confusing story, then for the effects, if not for the effects, then just to say you watched a great movie, but if not even for that, then just to be cool.
  10. Apr 27, 2011
    I really enjoyed TRON-Legacy, perhaps not so much because of the story, but the fact that the visuals and music were stunning. The story was pretty normal and rather clichéd; and as stated in previous reviews actually rather weak. However, the fact that there was the fantastic soundtrack by the French dance geniuses Daft Punk which were so fantastically intertwined with superbI really enjoyed TRON-Legacy, perhaps not so much because of the story, but the fact that the visuals and music were stunning. The story was pretty normal and rather clichéd; and as stated in previous reviews actually rather weak. However, the fact that there was the fantastic soundtrack by the French dance geniuses Daft Punk which were so fantastically intertwined with superb visuals that really made the film stand out. I was perhaps slightly dissapointed with some of the rather lacklustre acting performances, but hey, when the visuals and soundtrack are as brilliant as that, who gives a **** Expand
  11. Jun 2, 2011
    Superbly entertaining! A visual event that pulled me in quick and kept me there the whole time. For those that do not know much of the Tron history, this film does well with educating a new audience while also giving some deserved flavor to old time fans. Performances all around are excellent with Bridges stealing the show!
  12. Mar 31, 2012
    It does not surprise me the subtle nuance of Tron: Legacy is lost on this new generation of "critics". The subtle elegance of Tron Legacy may be lost on kids of this generation who did not grow up into a digital world but, rather, were born into it after it was already here. As a result I expect this sequel is directed more towards my generation rather than the kids who were born longIt does not surprise me the subtle nuance of Tron: Legacy is lost on this new generation of "critics". The subtle elegance of Tron Legacy may be lost on kids of this generation who did not grow up into a digital world but, rather, were born into it after it was already here. As a result I expect this sequel is directed more towards my generation rather than the kids who were born long after Tron hit the big screen.

Here is a little secret, I am old enough to remember the original movie in theaters when it was first released. Riding my deck to the arcade at the mall to play the "new" Tron video game.

We who spent our lives discovering this new digital frontier may be more apt to notice the opening scene, the scene with a younger Jeff Bridges and the young Sam Flynn, is completely digitally rendered. We have come a long way baby from Pong and Space Invaders haven't we? Yes even Sam's grandparents and the opening scene of the front of the house being hit by rain, it's all digital. The movie seamlessly transitions from digital to camera footage and it quickly becomes difficult to tell what is "real" and what is not from scene to scene. This muddy distinction between fact and fiction leads the perceiver to appreciate this movie as more than just a pretty picture with some cool tunes. There is more going on here than just that.

As a sequel Tron Legacy ties up very neatly what has transpired since Flynn was trapped on the Grid so many cycles ago. Sometimes sequels in the video game or digital pop genre can have an ever present feeling of contrivance and surreality that overcomes the story and narrative appeal. Luckily Tron Legacy is so well done that there is nothing to interrupt the telling of the story of what happens next. It is clear to me that a great deal of care and love went into the creation of Legacy as a sequel and I am grateful the producers and director decided to do it right.

A word to a new audience. Even though you may be tempted to jump straight into the world of Tron without accessing the first iteration, I would highly advise against it. Without the knowledge of the first story, new viewers in the world of the Grid may not be able to appreciate the subtleties of the back story that make Tron Legacy a very worthy sequel. Without that back story and the knowledge of what happened to Flynn in the original movie, I can easily see how a new generation would perceive this movie as little more that a colorful music video with some effects thrown in. This perception would be a shame, truly a disservice in my opinion to a great and deep story. Much of the narrative in this movie would surely be lost on a new viewer unfamiliar with the original.

The music created by Daft Punk is excellent and fits the narrative sequences without becoming overbearing. In my opinion Daft Punk captured the essence of what it would be like to experience the Grid in an aural sense and, as a result, the mood they create with their beats works together seamlessly with the flow and telling of the story. The soundtrack by itself is masterfully done and worth a listen in its own right.

For these reasons, and probably a few more that will come to me in a few more cycles, I highly recommend this movie but make sure to see the original first.

Don't mess with my Zen thing man.

end of line
  13. Jun 15, 2011
    Whilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft PunkWhilst I am not a seasoned TRON fan like the many who were expecting to be blown away with this one, I personally enjoyed it. A decent cast, plot, and magnificent visual effects were enough for me to feel relatively satisfied by the end of it. The experience I felt from watching the film was insightful into the future of the Information Age we live in. The soundtrack provided by Daft Punk was also quite groovy and fitting.

Although TRON: Legacy is not to be considered a 'top' film, it was definitely an enjoyable digital adventure that those of all ages can follow and be entertained by.
  14. Jun 28, 2011
    This movie is a spectacle to look at; in Blu-Ray, you feel like you're on the Grid, neon skintight suit and all. however, its awkward plot is a whole other story; They tried to shoehorn in too much and when they realized it was too much, they took it away instantly (best examples; the character of Zuse, with about 15 minutes of screentime until his deresolution, and the revelation thatThis movie is a spectacle to look at; in Blu-Ray, you feel like you're on the Grid, neon skintight suit and all. however, its awkward plot is a whole other story; They tried to shoehorn in too much and when they realized it was too much, they took it away instantly (best examples; the character of Zuse, with about 15 minutes of screentime until his deresolution, and the revelation that rinzler is Tron, until he's thrown into an abyss). as a fan of the original, i found it disappointing to not be able to see what was going on at ENCOM after Flynn's disappearance, 20 years of history literally discarded. The most awkward point of all, when kevin flynn literally explodes to destroy clu and allow his son and quorra to escape to the real world, they both act happy and as if his death doesnt matter. The best part about this movie is the soundtrack; Daft Punk did an amazing job of bringing the Grid to life with their score, and must be commended and noticed. Expand
  15. Jul 14, 2011
    A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However,A visually captivating film with a high energy revolutionary score. And that's about it really. But those two aspects of the movie themselves make it worthwhile. The story is without imagination and energy and the actors, although very effective at times, ultimately seem like an afterthought. The problem is that there's nothing new to this story, everything is fairly predictable. However, if you ignore that and simply be absorbed by the visuals, score and sound, you have a very imaginative ride. Expand
  16. Jan 25, 2014
    All style, no substance. Impressive in the audio/visual department, with little going on elsewhere. When it finishes recreating scenes from the 1982 film, it's bland, predictable and boring.
  17. Apr 13, 2015
    Predictable, cliche, dull, uneventful, contrived by the numbers cash grab. Some pretty visuals. Decent acting though not outstanding. Nightmarish CGI on Jeff Bridges face. Gets the most mileage out of playing up nostalgia but that wears thin about half way through.
  18. Aug 24, 2014
    I haven't seen the original TRON movie, and I'm wondering if maybe that would have made some details a bit clearer.

What exactly the Grid is, or where it is, I'm not exactly sure even after seeing the movie. Not important, though. The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack

The movie looked good. The special effects were just about as good as can be expected these days, and the use of certain colors was nice. The soundtrack reminded me a lot of "Inception", although that's where the resemblance ends.

It was nice to see Garrett Hedlund again. All in all the actor performances were nothing special. A whole lot of history wasn't given to them, or depth, and especially Tron's history and life were left much into the shadows, although he was one of the core characters. Zuse was a nice splatter of humor in the middle of it all.

The story moved nicely, and managed not to become too difficult to follow. The style of the movie appealed to me (clothing, make-up).

Not exactly what I was expecting, but a good movie nonetheless, especially for someone who has no prior knowledge of the franchise.
  19. Jul 17, 2013
    Without comparing it to the original, Tron: Legacy is a fun movie. There is action all throughout paired with a cool soundtrack. the story is short and is done with descent acting. Not bad.
  20. Nov 22, 2014
    Only draws attention by its great visuals, otherwise the story is not amazing the characters are shallow and monotonous plot. .
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    Visually stunning, but it's second act and climax fail to live up to the opening 25 minutes.
  22. Dec 8, 2012
    I thought this was great! 2010 was a good year for Disney...Toy Story 3, Wonderland, Secretariat, Tangled, Tron Legacy. They had alot on their plate, and Tron Legacy did not disappoint!

I want to defend the film first. So what if this has a "videogame storyline," it's about a videogame, and an electronic world!! I'm really confused as to what else could been expected, the plotline was highly entertaining and I honestly can't ask for much more. The visual effects were STUNNING! Some of the best I have ever seen. I expected that the film would be visually astounding, but I was still blown away. I was truly fascinated by the way this film looked...so cool!! I liked the actors, Jeff Bridges is great in anything, and Garret Hedlund was even okay. Olivia Wilde was nice, too. I'm a huge House fan, so I've always liked her. Also, perfect musical score by Daft Punk...so modern, fresh, and cool!

A major flaw in the film is its writing. The screenplay was way too bare and minimal which was slightly disappointing, especially after multiple viewings. TRON Legacy does so many things right that a weak script really holds the film back. What little dialogue there was wasn't enough to support the deeper themes the film glazed over.

Overall though, I think everyone should see TRON: Legacy! I thought it was pretty awesome.
  23. Apr 6, 2013
    Tron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but theTron: Legacy is visually incredible. The look of the whole thing is amazing. Disney was really able to pull off the futuristic-esque look for this movie. I thought the light cycles were awesome. They were probably my favorite part of the movie. However, I felt that the plot was somewhat confusing. I was having a bit of trouble following it. Overall, this movie is visually stunning, but the story and plot fall flat of what I had hoped for. Expand
  24. Mar 20, 2013
    Better then the original to me. Better Effects, Better Cast/Acting, Better Story. I say this film was also one of the best in 2010. The plot is fairly decent, more interesting then the original. I say watch this if your looking for something fun, but don't look too deep into the plot.
  25. Mar 24, 2013
    Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like thisReally gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand
  26. May 16, 2013
    it freaking awesome get it now
  27. Jul 18, 2013
    A very advanced film in visuals, which dazzle and give you an eyegasm. The story isn't as powerful and is hard to follow at times, but overall you get the sense of what is going on and what will happen. It is a well acted film and that soundtrack by Daft Punk is something everyone can enjoy! This is a great film!
  28. Aug 3, 2013
    This movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some truly terrible performances and the title character being a bad guy for most of the film (not that you would even notice unless you were really payingThis movie gets a 1 for me only because of the visuals and the music. I torrented this because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth my money and boy was I right. A ridiculous plot with plot holes you could drive a tank through, some truly terrible performances and the title character being a bad guy for most of the film (not that you would even notice unless you were really paying attention) before changing sides for no discernable reason to help the good guys win. This film is horrible and should not be watched by anyone. Expand
  29. Jun 1, 2014
    "You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

"You can't steal something that's designed to be given away free."

Surprisingly i have never seen the original Tron movie despite it being one of the most well known sci-fi movies ever but whats more of a surprise is that sci-fi is my favorite genre and i haven't seen it so with that it still took a while for me to finally get around to watching this movie but damn was it awesome. I know that the critics didn't care for the movie but seriously you can never take what they say on faith and you just have to watch the movie for yourself and when i finally did i found myself liking it more then others. The film boast amazing visuals with top notch CGI, a likable cast, a decent story, and a spectacular soundtrack but where the film fails is how predicable it and its characters can be at time also that i didn't care for the whole father son relationship story arc in the film. Still though i had a really enjoyable time watching this movie and would honestly recommend it to people that have yet to see it.

The film follows Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and after talking to his fathers friend Alan who received a message from his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who has been missing for the past 20 years, Sam goes down to his dads old video arcade place to check it out. He soon finds a old computer and after messing around with it he unknowingly transports himself into a digital world known as "The Grid". He is soon caught and taken to what is called "The Games" a huge arena where a bunch of programs fight each other with their digital identity discs. This was actually the most fun part of the movie seeing Sam fight against the programs then seeing him fight on the motorcycles it was a thrilling spectacle to watch with a amazing use of CGI that was a absolute wonder to look at.

While in the games Sam is rescued by a mysterious person we soon come to learn that this is Quorra (Olivia Wilde) she is his friends with his father and is taking him to meet him. From here we find out why Sam received the message and its not for the reason he was thinking, now its up to the three of them to stop Kevin's evils digital clone Clu who has gone mad with trying to make everything perfect resulting in Clu committing genocide on a entire digital race called ISO's. The story does have its fair share of plot holes some minor some big still though in the end i enjoyed its story and its flaws weren't that big of a problem to me as it is with others. My favorite part of the movie i would have to say was the Club scene for sure DAFT PUNK in the DJ booth blaring great tunes while we great to see a kick ass action sequence also seeing Olivia Wilde kick some ass was just totally awesome.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Now i know some people didn't like the younger digital face of Jeff Bridges but honestly its not has bad as what people make it out to be and to be honest i was rather impressed by how it looked now i didn't see it in theaters and maybe they touched it up a little more when they released it out on Blu ray/DVD but i cant say. Other then that i absolutely loved Olivia Wilde in this she looked simply gorgeous and her character was awesome also it would have cool to see a bit more of Tron as he was totally kick ass in all his parts.
  30. Jul 22, 2014
    The difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. JeffThe difference between this and the revolutionary predecessor is the "revolutionary". 'Tron' was a feat of computer effects, that even John Lasseter said that 'Toy Story' would be non-existent without 'Tron'. The effects here are impressive, but also common and stale. The story has stale acting from a majority of the cast, and a story lacking surprise and motivation to watch it.. Jeff Bridges, being a great actor, has an emotional depth to him, and I was surprised by Olivia Wilde. The story is what has to make the movie, unfortunately, and it didn't hit me. Expand
  31. Apr 23, 2014
    It's funny how Jeff Bridges played the title role of Kevin Flynn in the original, and he still plays the same role in the new one, 30 years later. This time ,Kevin's son goes into the game. While this movie is a stretch, it's one saving grace is some pretty cool CGI and special effects.
  32. Nov 20, 2013
    TRON ecstasy.
    The entire movie is dull, boring, and feels completely fake. The characters are bland and unbelievable, the effects are good, but the dialogue is terrible. The film feels like its simply riding the coat tails of its predecessor, and never grows into its shoes.
  33. Jan 3, 2014
    In my opinion, this a great movie! It has a great story, and the effects and the fake lights are amazing! I saw it in 3d, and it was one of my favorite movies I have ever seen! I would definitely get this movie on dvd or blueray!
  34. May 13, 2014
    This movie could of had so much potential, so much to show, so much to explore...but came in short.

This movie could of done better had we been brought closer to the digital society, ive felt like we didn't see enough outside of the arena. for that i was kinda disappointing. BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie.

BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie. Disney made the right decision on hiring Daft Punk to develop the Tron Legacy Sound Track, who else but Daft Punk...Genius.
  35. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Tron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know itTron is a hell of a movie! Now I know this ain't everybody's cup of tea. It is a movie with a unique audience. I don't know how i fell into that audience as im not your average syfi guy - im here nonetheless. The story line is fantastic I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The idea is also brilliant and jeff bridges was gold. It's one of the first movies I've watched were you know it will form part of a trilogy at the very least. The makers have planted enough seeds that will make the next instalment very meaningful. This is probably one for the guys, the girls will be bored in the first 15mins. Daft Punks music suited it well too. Expand
  36. Oct 12, 2014
    Tron Legacy is the sequel to the 1982 Tron.This movie look marvelous and sounds amazing.You haven't lived if you haven't seen this movie yet.The acting isn't bad nor the script,they are okay.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.